New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1474
  1. - Top - End - #1111
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: {Nexus} GLoG LXXIV: Back to the Numerals!

Quote Originally Posted by Rae Artemi View Post
    [Wedding Site]

Rae sighs, looking down at the two Pokemon that have been ordered to protect him and his wife. "Hey. You two may want to get back in your pokeballs where it's safe. Em and I can protect ourselves well enough. You may also want to try to get your master out of here. If that thing decides to attack him... well, I don't think a normal kid would take one of those very well." He says, making sure they can understand him. He looks over at Em, and smiles. "Well, I guess it's time to fight another huge fight together. Promise I won't turn out dead this time."

Rae, at this point, is surrounded by a blue glow, and his outfit changes to more resemble his normal look, black pants and a long blue coat, t-shirt with the Blue Lantern symbol on it. He tries to phase out of the Protect, and walk up to the Gazebo. Hmm... How to get its attention. Oh! That's an idea. Rae points his ring at one of the Gazebo's eyes, creating a blue sphere around it, and contracting it rapidly, trying to crush its eye.
    "If you die again, I'm gonna kill you." she says, seemingly serious, as gathers magixal energy, before launching a searing bolt of red lightning at the Gazebo's OTHER eye.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

2. - Top - End - #1112
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: {Nexus} GLoG LXXIV: Back to the Numerals!

[Wedding Site]

Lewis takes aim at one of the eye-things, if they are still around, and throws. He will throw at the moving supporter if not. The bottle apparently contains a sticky glue that will make the target stick to whatever it touches in a comical fashion.

"You're a fey queen? Groovy!"

He tries to flutter his wings and fly up, but being grabbed by Evian may hinder that.

"I wonder if that's like the Fae from my world, they're a silly bunch"

Evidently, Lewis is not a fey kind of Pixie. Although the solid green eyes and wings certainly make him look like one.

(Lewis is human-sized, by the way. )
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

3. - Top - End - #1113
    Pixie in the Playground

[Lakeshore]

Battle Compendium:

Sophie:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Lakeshore]

Sophie raises her gun, the portal's call nullified by her mental defense, and fires her last two bullets at the retreating monsters, unable to do more for now.

Friend:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    Lakeshore

Friend will keep an eye on the fleeing demons but his first concern will be to find a way to extinguish the flames around him. If they dissappear with their creators or do not alarm him, he will stare entranced at the portal.

As soon as the monsters withdraw from the battlefield, the portal collapses in on itself with an unsettling fwoosh. A flurry of wind sweeps across the landscape, stifling the stunted, tainted flames encircling Friend. Sophie’s bullets do most certainly hit one of the retreating demons, but the demons dash through the portal before the effects of this attack can be observed.

The steady gust of otherworldly wind carries away any evidence of the kidnappings that just occurred. It simply brushes the unnatural, choking haze off the face of the earth and seals the marred earth, restoring it to the way it was before this potentially tragic event befell GLoG.

If one were to listen intently, he or she might pick up a few faint strains of music (Hello Goodbye by the Beatles) flowing in the undercurrent of the gloomy and unnerving air.

It is taunting them.

GLoG may have just lost 3 of their 8 redeemees. Over 1/3 of the total number.

Maybe they are gone for good…

Four questions remain:

1. What caused all of this?

2. To what ends?

3. Where did the demons fallback to?

4. Who is doomed to notify Quinn of these sinister abductions?

-----

[Through the Portal -- Mayor's Manor]

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Through the Portal -- Mayor's Mansion]

o.O
    Reinholdt jabs the C4 on haphazardly and flies for the exit. FLIES! These people were crazy!

Godspeed, Rein! You’ll need it.

The ceiling itself is tumbling to the ground. The floor is opening up into an endless pit that extends deep into the core of the earth and beyond.

The corpses of the dead are being greedily swallowed up in the darkness of the unhallowed fissure.

This place is falling apart at the seams.

Get to the surface.

-----

[Error]

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by DoomITP View Post
    Zero has lost all control at this point, he runs straight into the portal. He will probably end up making contact with the armor, ramming his knee into the chest of the armor, his knee covered in the blue sparks that make his attack just as effective as if he hit the armor in the chest with a mace or something else that can crush most armor.

Zero might find that charging the animated suit of armor without getting skewered by its blade is an impossible task. The armor's motions may be slow, but it won’t take the armor too long to move its sword a few inches to the side to compensate for Zero’s own movements.

I’m guessing that Zero isn’t particularly fond of impalement or anything that might entail.

He’ll manage to rush through the portal easily enough, though.

The arena that the portal spills into is coated in a viscous, unnatural darkness. The air is saturated with cigarette smoke.

A deep, discordant, male voice calls to Zero.

A voice that would be all too familiar to Doctor Godlark and Bellan.

“How much do you love her?”
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2011-07-28 at 04:01 PM.

4. - Top - End - #1114
    Bugbear in the Playground

Error

Considering Zero thinks that the voice is what captured Valaria he doesn't sound very friendly.

You're gonna pay for this!

Zero says as he whips his hands through the air, sending blue sparks that fly forward, in the same shape as the arc of movement of his hand.
    Last edited by DoomITP; 2011-07-28 at 03:36 PM.

5. - Top - End - #1115

[Wedding Site]

Andy is hit by the Gazebo, but only a few feet a green baseball glove catches him.

"Oh shut up kid with pokemon that are also not allowed to be real."

Green light will beginn to hull Andy and create an armore around him like this only without the dreagon head and only in different green.

After that he creates a sword in his right hand also made of green light and charges in the fight aiming for the head construction of the gazebo.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

6. - Top - End - #1116
    Ogre in the Playground

Reinholdt is fairly fast and maneuverable in his pink flying form. He rushes up the tunnel, hoping it doesn't decide to all collapse at once and goes for the spreading collapse that's trying to catch up on him instead.

Once he gets back up, he intends to just barrel through the window if it seems the entire manor is falling in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

7. - Top - End - #1117
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

[Lakeshore]

Friend walks toward Sophie, taking off his helmet along the way as per the customs of his home-world. He appears to be a normal, if remarkably underfed, humanoid with yellow-coloured eyes and black hair.

"Art thou all right, milady?"

He seems to have a slight implacable accent and a rather old-fashioned way to speak.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

8. - Top - End - #1118
    Ogre in the Playground

Rose glares at Andy, as she casually blocks the gazebo's attack. "Shut up. You're not the one who says what can be real here."

She then jumps out of the gazebo, and aims an energy dagger at the eye Rae isn't trying to crush.

…where did she get that from?

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

9. - Top - End - #1119
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    "I know who I am! I'm.... Me. I have a very definite idea of who I am, I just can't explain it.... That's rather odd, isn't it?" The man says, as if the thought that this is all very weird only just struck him. "Wait! Maybe... Maybe I wrote my name on my clothing. If I have a name... If I have any clothing....... I am wearing clothing, right?"
    "Uh... yes. That's what the cloth things hanging on your body are. Let's try something different. What is the thing you remember before you came here?"

10. - Top - End - #1120
    Troll in the Playground

Wedding Site

Mikani moves to protect Saera from any attacks!

As Quinn concentrates.
    "Move clear of the gazebo!" she shouts, raising her sword to the sky, and calling on the power of her Goddess!

Before slashing it down dramatically in the direction of Lord Gazebo, as if she were trying to call down fire from heaven...

...oh, wait. She is.

Flame Strike, ho!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

11. - Top - End - #1121
    Troll in the Playground

[Wedding Site]

Lewis takes aim at one of the eye-things, if they are still around, and throws. He will throw at the moving supporter if not. The bottle apparently contains a sticky glue that will make the target stick to whatever it touches in a comical fashion.

"You're a fey queen? Groovy!"

He tries to flutter his wings and fly up, but being grabbed by Evian may hinder that.

"I wonder if that's like the Fae from my world, they're a silly bunch"

Evidently, Lewis is not a fey kind of Pixie. Although the solid green eyes and wings certainly make him look like one.

(Lewis is human-sized, by the way. )
    ((Fortunately, so is Evian. ;p Heh.))

"Yes, it's quite possible. There are more than one Queen of the Fey actually, who preside over different fey. It's nice to meet you, sir...I'm sorry, what was your name again?"
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Curse your Introbulosity!

12. - Top - End - #1122
    Troll in the Playground

Wedding Site

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    Mikani moves to protect Saera from any attacks!

As Quinn concentrates.
    "Move clear of the gazebo!" she shouts, raising her sword to the sky, and calling on the power of her Goddess!

Before slashing it down dramatically in the direction of Lord Gazebo, as if she were trying to call down fire from heaven...

...oh, wait. She is.

Flame Strike, ho!
    The question needs to ask is: How does Neirian feel about Gazebos, even monstrous ones? I'm of the opinion she likes them. They make her giggle.

So with a whisper to Quinn, I'll not be granting her divine power to a Flame Strike, or any other fiery doom spells, to use against the Gazebo Lord.

But feel free to attack it with any other spells.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

13. - Top - End - #1123
    Troll in the Playground

And Quinn's spell goes pfft!

She decides instead (after a quick apology to her Goddess for her presumption ) to send a sonic blast at the beastly wooden structure instead!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

14. - Top - End - #1124
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Introbulus View Post
    ((Fortunately, so is Evian. ;p Heh.))

"Yes, it's quite possible. There are more than one Queen of the Fey actually, who preside over different fey. It's nice to meet you, sir...I'm sorry, what was your name again?"
    ((Of course, there are just those who mistake pixies for fairies. Who are totally unrelated to pixies. >_>))

Lewis bows in mid-air, or just looks at Evian if she is still carrying him and answers formally.

"Leodhas Wyllt, Louis DuGalle, Sir Lewis of the Thistle and Lou the Cat at your service. But most people call me Lewis."

Standing up straight again he grins and opens his mouth to ask a question when the flashy attacks are thrown at the gazebo.

"S-Woah!"

Apparently Pixies are easily distracted by flashy lights. Kind of like moths in that regard.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

15. - Top - End - #1125
    Troll in the Playground

By then, the two of them are away from the Gazeebo, looking at the mass group attack against the wooden monstrosity.

"Yes, see that is why I tool you away from there, Sir Lewis. It's getting a little dangerous right now, and being on top of the Gazeebo was not the best place to be."
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Curse your Introbulosity!

16. - Top - End - #1126
    Barbarian in the Playground

Toby is in the medical labs, teaching some backwater NPC village healers how proper hygiene and frequent washings can prevent infection and disease transmission.
    Last edited by FireFox; 2011-07-29 at 02:39 PM.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

17. - Top - End - #1127
    Pixie in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Reinholdt is fairly fast and maneuverable in his pink flying form. He rushes up the tunnel, hoping it doesn't decide to all collapse at once and goes for the spreading collapse that's trying to catch up on him instead.

Once he gets back up, he intends to just barrel through the window if it seems the entire manor is falling in.

Rein flees up the tunnel successfully! It barely holds together until he manages to reach the exit! Then, with a crumbling noise, it falls into the vile pit below.

The manor itself is shaking. Flakes of paint are chipping off of the walls. Ominous cracks are spreading across the floor.

Out the window!

Into the frigid night.

Where ash floats down from a swirling black vortex of malice in the sky. The portal Rein entered through flickers up ahead.

Hurry!

-----

[Error]

Spoiler
    Show
    Error

Considering Zero thinks that the voice is what captured Valaria he doesn't sound very friendly.

You're gonna pay for this!

Zero says as he whips his hands through the air, sending blue sparks that fly forward, in the same shape as the arc of movement of his hand.

And the sparks hit nothing for no reason other than the fact that there is nothing to hit.

Not as of yet, anyway.

"Would you die for her?"

The voice simultaneously above and below Zero inquires, its cruelty apparent.
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2011-07-29 at 12:29 PM.

18. - Top - End - #1128
    Ogre in the Playground

Reinholdt has much practice crashing out of windows. Used to do it all the time when he was trying to destroy the world.
    He feels some sort of irony in that now.

Ash is not a good sign. If fiery doom won't kill him, the fumes will.
    So Reinholdt rushes for that portal. Zoom zoom!
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

19. - Top - End - #1129

Of course I would!

However, Zero has no plans that include dying. He has one last trick up his sleeve.

20. - Top - End - #1130
    Pixie in the Playground

[Through the Portal -- Escape!]

Spoiler
    Show

Reinholdt has much practice crashing out of windows. Used to do it all the time when he was trying to destroy the world.
    He feels some sort of irony in that now.

Ash is not a good sign. If fiery doom won't kill him, the fumes will.
    So Reinholdt rushes for that portal. Zoom zoom!

The portal flickers sporadically as Rein approaches it. It won't remain stable for much longer.

Zoom zoom!

As soon as Rein enters the portal, it begins to destabilize.

The trip through the portal last time was only disorienting.

This trip shall be painful.

Rein's reward!

To Rein, it might feel as though his innards are rebelling against him in a way that I cannot describe. The heat in the portal also spikes. Rein might feel as though he has been lit aflame for a moment.

And then, it all should stop just as it started.

Rein might now find himself back at GloG in the sky above the lake.

-----

[Error]

Spoiler
    Show
    Of course I would!

However, Zero has no plans that include dying. He has one last trick up his sleeve.

The voice just laughs at Zero.

"You amuse me, boy."

"If you like her so much, take the rest of her. I'm more than willing to share her with you."

Light might illuminate a tiny portion of the chamber, revealing what appears to be Valaira's body resting on the floor a few feet from Zero.

21. - Top - End - #1131
    Ogre in the Playground

[Skies above the lake]

There's a loud and maniacal scream of pleasure at the pain when Reinholdt gets dumped out of the portal.
    Admittedly, it's just a bit too much though, and he starts to pass out, plummeting towards the lake.

I don't think cats are supposed to plummet towards lakes.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

22. - Top - End - #1132
    Titan in the Playground

[Lakeshore]

Friend walks toward Sophie, taking off his helmet along the way as per the customs of his home-world. He appears to be a normal, if remarkably underfed, humanoid with yellow-coloured eyes and black hair.

"Art thou all right, milady?"

He seems to have a slight implacable accent and a rather old-fashioned way to speak.
    Sophie, a short young dark-skinned woman in a denim jacket and jeans, looks at Friend, lowering her smoking, empty gun. I'm fine. But it was a disaster all the same.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

23. - Top - End - #1133

What did you do to Valaria?

Zero says as he attempts to get a better look at Valaria to see if she's real and if she's alive or not.

24. - Top - End - #1134
    Pixie in the Playground

[Error]

What did you do to Valaria?

Zero says as he attempts to get a better look at Valaria to see if she's real and if she's alive or not.
    Looks like Valaira.
    Feels like Valaira.
    Smells like Valaira.
    Tastes like Valaira.
    Sounds like Valaira.

But that isn't Valaira...

Spiritually, they are completely dissimilar. Polar opposites.
    There are no other differences between the two beings.

It is breathing, though.

"I locked away her power. Nothing more."

Lies!

25. - Top - End - #1135

Liar! This person is nothing like Valaria except in physical terms.

Zero starts to attempt to figure out the direction the voice is coming from.
    Last edited by DoomITP; 2011-07-29 at 02:02 PM.

26. - Top - End - #1136
    Pixie in the Playground

[Error]

The voice is coming from both above and below Zero.

"I shattered your beloved Valaira into several fragments. This is the one that loves you the most."

"Take her or leave her."

Lies?
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2011-07-29 at 02:18 PM.

27. - Top - End - #1137

Zero will attempt to pick up Valaria.

Fine. But I hope you understand who you're dealing with.

Zero will then attempt to walk out of the portal. Out of caution Zero does his best to keep his mind silent until he is able to leave.

28. - Top - End - #1138
    Pixie in the Playground

[Error]

"Yes. I understand who I am dealing with..."

When Zero leaves the portal, he will likely find himself deposited right in the middle of the GLoG campsite.

"...a shortsighted fool who just took one of my pawns in exchange for a queen."

"I wonder what she'll do to these ones..."

This is very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very bad.

29. - Top - End - #1139

Zero is thinking more ahead than one might think. He fully intends to find the other fragments of Valaria. It looked as though all that could be achieved was getting one part of the person, so Zero decided that doing what he could and then going back with more information would be a better plan. It would probably work better than maybe making a mistake and coming back with nothing.

After making sure that he was really back at GLoG, Zero will attempt to carry Valaria to the Infirmary.

30. - Top - End - #1140
    Pixie in the Playground

[Middle of GLoG Campsite -to- Infirmary]

Or the voice could have just duped Zero. What he brought back might not even be a fragment of Valaira.

Disembodied voices aren't known for their honesty.

Anyways, "Valaira" is hauled off to the Infirmary.