New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [MLP] Roleplaying is Magic IC: The Broken Road.

Quote Originally Posted by One Tin Soldier View Post
    [I'm assuming there was nothing of note in the other two rooms Grease checked? I'll revise this post if there was.]

"There doesn't seem to be any sign of them over here, either," she said. "I though they had phased through the wall of the closet, which would bring them out here somewhere, but these fine gentlecolts said they didn't see her. Unless," she addressed the guards, "they might have appeared inside the room?"
    "Don't know what you're talking about ma'am. We haven't seen anything come by here since we came on station about a quarter hour ago." Replied the first.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravian View Post
    Soot trotted up beside Grease Spot and Dive Bomb looking at the door between the two Pegasi. "Oh joy, guards... and of the non-bumbling variety at that" she muttered to herself and her companions.

She reviewed her options: Negotiation, frankly she knew from experience that guards, particularly royal ones like these, were remarkably stubborn in regards to accepting requests from dirty underfed fillies asking them to let her into whatever entrance they were standing in front of.
    She could go get that idiot in the waiting room, but she didn't trust him to remember what a foal looked like, much less find one that could phase through walls in a room, he would be a last resort.
    Infiltration, it was what she did best, but she doubted even she could sneak into a crowded room with only one obvious entrance guarded by royal guards and get out with a foal without raising too much of a fuss.
    Direct combat, she looked over the two guards before deciding that her day would not in fact be improved by being pinned to the ground by Canterlot guards.

There was of course another option. Guards could be stubborn to anypony's requests no matter how sensible they seemed, but with a little luck, whoever was inside would be a tad more understanding. Soot took a breath before whispering to Grease Spot "After they're gone, wait half a minute before walking in and saying you think a foal got in here." Then she turned to Dive Bomb "Play along" before quickly opening his saddlebag, grabbing his bag of bits and bolting towards the nearest pillar. Once there she lighted her horn and willed the light to simply ignore her. "Magic don't fail me now" she whispers

(I assume there'll be some checks involved in hiding from the guards, how much of a modifier would my stealth spell give to that?)
    Spoiler
    Show
    For the spell's effectiveness
    Mind 4 + Spell Level 3 = 7
    [roll0]

Stealth check
    Body 2 + Skill 3 + Job 2 = 7
    + modifier provided by spell
    base roll [roll1]
    The very fabric of light seemed to warp around the young mare until, with a snap, the spell fell into place. Where there had once been a rather unkempt looking filly, there was now just a blur in the air.

[DC 15 check to cast the spell effectively. Check passed; Soot is now invisible for the duration of the scene (5-10 minutes or until she drops it)]

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    Dive Bomb had just enough time to think, play along with what? Then, a hoof dug into his saddlebag, and the grey filly took off running. He stared after her with a flummoxed expression normally reserved for assault victims, and then growled and gave chase. "You dirty rat," he roared, "I paid your ticket price! Get back here! Guards! Guards!"

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm going to assume that seeing through an illusion is going to be mind based, since it's the attribute related to the senses. So, +5 mind, rolled twice for the Wary trait.

Roll 1: 13
    Roll 2: 11

...Ouch.

He halted in the middle of the atrium floor, his abrupt stop sending clattering echos around the hall. "Where'd she go?" he muttered, looking around wildly.

"Oi, you!" Cried the first. "Stop, thief!"

"Stop right there, criminal scum!" cried the second.

Both guards took off in pursuit of Soot, right on the heels of Dive Bomb. Passing the pillar in a clatter of hooves, they continued straight on and down the nearby thoroughfare without a moment's hesitation.

[Thanks to invisibility spell, the DC for avoiding these guards on the run was only 10]

[In this case, Dive Bomb's search check is mind based, and directly opposes Soot's sneak check above at a -4 penalty due to invisiblity. Given her sneak roll was 13, I think that means DB fails both checks?]

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

Grease tried to register Soot's words, confused. Wait, what? But we just need them to ask, not get in... She suddenly realized that the filly was about to do something stupid, just as she ran off, followed by a yelling Dive Bomb, and them the guards. Pulling a prank like this on the Royal Guard was sure to bite them all on the flank... but she did now have an oppurtunity to ask those inside whether or not the foals were there. This was a legitimate situation, and she would be out of their manes immediately.

Once she assured herself that she was in the right here, and passing a little but of time, she knocked on the door. "Excuse me, this may sound like an odd question, but are there a pair of foals in there?"
    One Tin Pony avatar by Balmas

Current Projects: Dragon: the Inheritance

3. - Top - End - #123
    Firbolg in the Playground

As the echoes of the guards' heavy hooves got softer, Dive Bomb sat perplexed on the atrium floor. What did she mean, "Play along?" Was this planned? Scratching his head yielded no answers, though it helped relieve an oncoming headache.

Well, either way, I've got a choice now... He hovered back towards the denim-coated mare. "Somepony, or possibly somebody important is behind those doors," he stated quietly when she was in earshot. "Going in means I might get caught, but we could also find the foals." The gears of his head were already turning, providing risk-benefit statements and approximate odds of success.

Ugh, he groaned within himself, we really don't have a choice? If we waste more time, then there's more chances that the foals will be placed in danger. He alighted on the ground with a quiet click of hooves, and proceeded to stare at the door while he worked an imaginary kink in his wings. Then again, if we get caught and imprisoned, I can't do much good for anypony, much less two foals. He growled to himself in indecision and frustration.
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ettin in the Playground

The door cracked open a fraction at Grease Spot's knock, allowing a few strands of conversation to drift through.

"-vate train if you desire."

"No, no. A private car is already more than sufficien-"

The voices cut off abruptly as Grease asked her question. The silence that followed ... stretched ... it was not the silence that asked "who was that", but a wary, tense silence that spoke of weapons being readied at the sudden realisation of a threat.

Suddenly, a large yellow claw gripped the door frame and wrenched it open. Grease Spot immediately found herself staring straight into a pair of intense yellow eyes, set beneath a red-plumed, iron helm.

It would be difficult for Grease to pull her own sight away from that gaze, the one that sized her up like some predatory bird, seeking a meal. If she did so, she would first notice the other immediate features of the being confronting her; the pale white feathers of the creature's face, the light brown coat and wings ...

The silence stretched for a moment longer, before the she-gryphon spoke.

"Give me one good reason why I shouldn't have you for lunch, little pony." she said, her voice hard and threatening.

The silence returned, as tense as ever, broken only by the ironically timed chiming of the station clock.

[OOC: Courage check for all those at the door, DC 15 (20 if you've never seen a gryphon before). Failure causes 3 points of courage damage, success limits it to one]

5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground

(Sorry for the late post, long baseball game + feeling sick = bleh. Just assuming that Cork continued his investigation, headed to the door and all that, because I don't feel like making a flowery post about it)

Cork's heart leapt to his throat. No matter how many times one met a gryphon, those lion-eagle faces never became less terrifying. His hooves told him to run, but his heart told him to stay, stay and save these ponies from a lunchtime fate...

Courage Check:
    Spoiler
    Show
    With a +6 Courage: (1d20+6)[18]

His spirit was shaken, but his resolve was firm. These ponies were under his command, were they not? Would they have wandered to this door without his direction? Then was not he responsible for this diplomatic timebomb waiting to go off? Fortunately, a Cork always remains prepared for such situations;

"Among the many reasons involving the simply disastrous diplomatic fallout of eating a pony on this holiday of friendship and Harmony," Cork started, stepping to the forefront, "That would also leave us with three missing little ponies instead of just two fledglings." The Gryphon lingo felt odd on his tongue, but then again, Gryphon tongues were pretty odd themselves. The colt started into an odd gesturing with his forehooves and head, one that would likely appear foreign to the other two ponies, but - provided his memory hadn't decided to fail him - the gryphon would immediately know as a traditional Gryphon greeting, translated for those without claws, of course. When finished, he kept his head bowed as he introduced himself, "Crown Cork, son of Pop Cork, second-in-command of the Cork Soda Company. I do apologize for the interruption, but we have a pair of little ones missing."

[I'd like to try and make a Heart based roll, using a combination of the Cork family clout, Crown Cork's knowledge of Gryphon handshakes/basic etiquitte, and the initial appeal of 'there are two little ones missing'. Right now, I'm just trying to keep him listening to us, not actually appealing to let us into the room.]
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-10-13 at 11:14 AM.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

6. - Top - End - #126

Spoiler
    Show
    Courage roll, +6 courage. Total of 19.

Wrestling his heart back down out of his throat, Dive Bomb stared at the griffon. Yup, that would do it. He'd seen griffons before, but had never been in such close proximity, and certainly never with one so angry. If it comes to a fight, he thought, his wings twitching nervously, then my only advantage will be speed and maneuverability. Certainly, most useful for running away, especially in an enclosed space like this. Perhaps try to trick them into chasing me and then hitting the wall or floor? He groaned a bit. But the architecture would be ruined...

For now, he sat back and let the other earth pony do the talking. He cataloged the series of motions made by the business pony, intending to ask about them later.
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    8 courage: rolled a 4, so total of 12. Ouch.

Grease Spot had seen gryphons before; she had lived in Canterlot all her life, and there were occasional diplomats that came through. But she had never come face to face with one before. And she had definitely never been threatened by one.

She gulped, gazing into the fierce yellow eyes. Her legs wavered for a moment, before she caught herself. The bossy colt had come up from behind her at some point, and was babbling away the story of the missing foals. She decided that he seemed to know a bit more about dealing with gryphons than she did, so she let him talk while she built her nerve back up.
    Last edited by One Tin Soldier; 2012-10-13 at 02:11 PM.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ettin in the Playground

They Gryphon's gaze softened, and she repeated the greeting to Cork, adding in the aspects that required both claws and wings.

"Manners. Well that makes two good reasons not to eat you then." She replied, her voice marginally warmer, but still a little cool. "It still doesn't explain what you want, nor where the two guards who were on duty here have gone."

And, speaking of guards ....

While there was no sign of the two pegasi yet, a lone, lost unicorn guard trotted up the main thoroughfare, past where Soot was hiding.

"Oohhhh, I wonder where everypony has gone ..." He muttered, as he glanced around in concern.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

With the gryphon's threat of eating her mostly gone, Grease was able to gather her wits enough to respond. "We just... we simply wanted to know whether a pair of foals were in the room with you. If they aren't, then we're sorry for wasting your time." She hoped that one of the others there had enough wits about them to give an explanation for the guards that wouldn't get them in worse trouble.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground

Crown frowned in concern. "I heard a commotion before I came to the door, perhaps they saw something that warranted their attention. More than that, I don't know." He let Grease Spot handle the basic explanation, before chiming in with some more details. "We found evidence they entered a supply closet in the main terminal, but now there isn't a sign of them. And if they left, we would have spotted them. Now, the closet backs to this room, and one of them is a unicorn going through some little difficulties with her magic. The parents have said she's passed through walls before." He put on his most disarming smile, strengthened by the fact that everything he was saying was Celestia's honest truth. "If we cannot enter, could you just have a quick look around to see if they've wandered through here? Their parents are nearly beside themselves with worry."

[Heart check?]

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ettin in the Playground

"I ... don't know."

The gryphon was silent for a moment, before she turned and called to someone else in the room.

"Sir?"

[Heart check. DC 20. +4 for roleplay (explaining where the guards went and what you want clearly), +2 due to Cork's appearance, +2 for use of appropriate verbal tools (the greeting), +1 Harmony bonus from Grease helping with the story.]

12. - Top - End - #132
    Titan in the Playground

Cork stood firm, lending his heartfelt plea the force of his own presence and personality.

Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, I don't know if this can qualify for his Charismatic talent, so if it does, I'll just roll a second die if this one fails. And I'm spending 1 XP for a +5 temporary bonus. I'm not ready to leave this to a near 50/50 shot, even if my luck has been good so far.

+9 from bonuses + 3 Heart + 5 from temporary bonus = +17 to the roll.

Roll: (1d20+17)[19]

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ettin in the Playground

There was a hushed conversation from within the office before a voice called out ...

"Let them in."

The gryphon at the door nodded, but spoke again.

"Just so you know ... if you try any funny business, I'll be flossing your hide out of my teeth tomorrow." She said, before moving aside and allowing the party to see what lay beyond the door.

Inside the room, the station master's office was an opulent, wood panelled affair. While it felt in line with the reserved decorum of the rest of the building’s architecture, here the grand sweeping vistas were replaced with something more private, more intimate, that felt much more conducive for thought. The main fixture of the room was a large, mahogany desk, crowded with stacks of paper and a small plaque that read “Time Table: Station Master” in small golden letters. The rest of the office was taken up with bookcases and the occasional typewriter, buried amongst the work papers and train schedules.

The room itself was fairly crowded with creatures. Two more guard pegasi stood against the back wall, flanking an incredibly handsome unicorn stallion. His physique seemed to have been chiselled from the same marble that gave his coat its white sheen and even his teeth seemed to sparkle as he smiled at the newcomers. Upon looking at him, one might have assumed that his presence should be accompanied by some kind of fanfare - a burst of trumpets or angellic chorus, perhaps. Unfortunately, fate only seemed content to provide the chiming of the station clock outside for his musical accompaniment. Finally, his cutie mark - a sun, bisected by geometric markings, marked him as a likely member of the Canterlot nobility.

The fifth occupant was another gryphon, but this one was a study in contrasts with the one that had opened the door. Clearly older, his coat appeared slightly greyer, slightly more washed out than the younger guard that had answered the door. His attire also spoke to a different profession; where the guard gryphon wore items that were clearly of a martial nature, including an iron helm and breastplate over a dark red doublet, the elder gryphon wore a dark red and gold gamberson jacket. Like with the unicorn before, his attire spoke to a higher station than the guards that surrounded them.

Last, and ironically, the least impressive of the room’s occupants was the poor station master, a light grey coated earth pony with a dark grey mutton chop beard. Interestingly, he all but ignored the newcomers, choosing instead to shoot worried glances at each of the room’s other occupants in turn, as if he were worried about their displeasure.

"Come in, all you ponies out there." said the gryphon, the owner of the first voice that had spoken. "While addmittedly unusual, I can't pass up the opportunity to meet more of this nation's subjects while I'm here. What do you need of us today?"

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Soot couldn't resist a snicker after the two Pegasi passed her by. And Drizzle wonders how I keep from getting caught all the time. she thought to herself. She kept her spell up though, the guards would be back sooner or later and she'd prefer to avoid them until she had returned the gold to that Pegasus and worked him through an alibi. So long as he agrees not to press charges, there shouldn't be anything they can arrest me for. she suddenly noticed that she had subconsiously begun to count the bits in the small bag before she stopped herself. No! Bad Soot! This money we're giving back. she closed the bag with just a hint of reluctance, but there was certainly no reason to steal from a colt who seemed short on bits as it is, even if he did keep calling her "Kid".

She then noticed the other guard wander past, looking confused. She debated the pros and cons of the situation before concluding that she was bored and this pony seemed like a potential font of entertainment. She focused a moment
    before a mote of light blue light began to form before the guard's eyes.

Spoiler
    Show
    Follow the pretty light spell, 4 mind+ 1 spell level= 5
    (1d20+5)[24]

Soot smiled as the mote of light focuses into existence, and moved it around in front of the guard's face just to make sure he had his attention. She cleared her throat and suddenly shouted "Hey! Listen!" at the guard
    Last edited by Ravian; 2012-10-13 at 08:46 PM.
    Avatar based on artwork by Jabari Weathers

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ettin in the Playground

The guard paused, wide eyed as he followed the light with his head.

"Oh hello Ms shiny light thing!" He said "I haven't seen you around here before!"

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Soot grinned an invisible grin Let the fun begin "There is no time Sir Warrior!" she shouted in a shrill tone "I am Feelala, Queen of the fairy ponies, the fate of the Wilkerspoon kingdom is in your hooves!" the ball of light zoomed forward till it was less than an inch from the guard's face "Quickly! You must heed my words or else the snarggles will surely triumph! Go! Go and return here with a tofu dog!" she paused for dramatic effect before adding "Manehatten style, extra mustard, hold the relish. Now go! Before King Kazoo returns! You sir warrior are the fairy ponies only hope!"

Soot intensifies the glow of the ball of light before having it disappear in a suitably spectacular fashion.
    Avatar based on artwork by Jabari Weathers

17. - Top - End - #137

Dive Bomb, although hesitant, couldn't resist the siren pull of knowledge. Do griffons even have teeth? he wondered. He stood off to one side in the room, his wings fluffed out as he took in the room.

"We're looking for some missing foals," he said quietly, attempting and failing to hide behind his own mane. His awareness of his heart palpitating like he'd just done a quadruple aileron-roll Immelman through a lightning storm wasn't really helping. "They disappeared in a spell of darkness about five minutes ago."

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ravian View Post
    Soot grinned an invisible grin Let the fun begin "There is no time Sir Warrior!" she shouted in a shrill tone "I am Feelala, Queen of the fairy ponies, the fate of the Wilkerspoon kingdom is in your hooves!" the ball of light zoomed forward till it was less than an inch from the guard's face "Quickly! You must heed my words or else the snarggles will surely triumph! Go! Go and return here with a tofu dog!" she paused for dramatic effect before adding "Manehatten style, extra mustard, hold the relish. Now go! Before King Kazoo returns! You sir warrior are the fairy ponies only hope!"

Soot intensifies the glow of the ball of light before having it disappear in a suitably spectacular fashion.
    "Yes Ma'am!!" he replied, before speeding off towards the station cafeteria.

Dive Bomb, although hesitant, couldn't resist the siren pull of knowledge. Do griffons even have teeth? he wondered. He stood off to one side in the room, his wings fluffed out as he took in the room.

"We're looking for some missing foals," he said quietly, attempting and failing to hide behind his own mane. His awareness of his heart palpitating like he'd just done a quadruple aileron-roll Immelman through a lightning storm wasn't really helping. "They disappeared in a spell of darkness about five minutes ago."
    "A spell of darkness? We haven't noticed anything like that." The handsome unicorn replied, looking to the others present for confirmation. "But if you think they are in here, you are more than welcome to search the room. Isn't that right Mr Table?"

"Err, yes." The station master replied, sweating beads. "Of course, your eminence. I think I have enough to sort out the final preparations now, by your leave, gentlebeings?"

The gryphon and the unicorn nodded, and the stationmaster beat a hasty retreat out the door.

"Take your time, please. I'd hate for a child to go missing on a holiday like this" replied the elder gryphon.

[DC 10 mind check, the hard part was getting inside this room]

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

Grease Spot nodded quickly. "Thank you, sir," she said, going to search the room. The foals shouldn't be too hard to find.

Spoiler
    Show
    Mind 5
    Rolled a 4 (again) for 9.

However, she wasn't able to find any sign of them. Great, now we've made ourselves a pain for a gryphon diplomat for nothing.
    Last edited by One Tin Soldier; 2012-10-13 at 10:56 PM.

20. - Top - End - #140

Dive Bomb quickly set to looking around, taking care to avoid bumping into anyone.

Spoiler
    Show
    Searching room; +5 mind, Two rolls for wary trait.

First roll total 20,
    second roll total 24.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Titan in the Playground

Crown Cork would not dare neglect giving the elderly gryphon the formal greeting he gave the guard, only this time, adding in the appropriate gestures for deference to a higher station. He was, after all, a mere businesspony on holiday. "You are quite understanding, sir, and you have our gratitude."

Well, what were they waiting for? There were foals to find! Sadly, he'd gotten a bit turned around from the main terminal, and he didn't quite recall which wall would be the most likely culprit. But no matter; the situation at hand was so extraordinary and their current successes so complete that positively nothing could hold him back now.

Spoiler
    Show
    Search time! 3 Heart + 5 from the temporary bonus = +8

(1d20+8)[28]

Truly, it was as if the Sisters themselves had seen fit to bless this humble colt in recompense for the ill fortunes of earlier.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-10-13 at 11:14 PM.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ettin in the Playground

Grease Spot nodded quickly. "Thank you, sir," she said, going to search the room. The foals shouldn't be too hard to find.

Spoiler
    Show
    Mind 5
    Rolled a 4 (again) for 9.

However, she wasn't able to find any sign of them. Great, now we've made ourselves a pain for a gryphon diplomat for nothing.
    Grease Spot pottered around the area of the room behind the desk, under the watchful eye of the assembled nobles and soldiers. In fact, all that constant attention was rather distracting, and as a result Grease found herself staring at nothing much at all, simply to avoid their eyes.

Dive Bomb quickly set to looking around, taking care to avoid bumping into anyone.

Spoiler
    Show
    Searching room; +5 mind, Two rolls for wary trait.

First roll total 20,
    second roll total 24.
    Dive Bomb was poking around the far corner of the room, away from the desk and near the wall which bordered the janitorial closet. At first pass, nothing jumped out at him, but on closer inspection something interesting caught his eye.

A small toy block, with the letter 'C' on it had been dropped against the wall. Against the side wall that was, namely not the one that had bordered the closet.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Crown Cork would not dare neglect giving the elderly gryphon the formal greeting he gave the guard, only this time, adding in the appropriate gestures for deference to a higher station. He was, after all, a mere businesspony on holiday. "You are quite understanding, sir, and you have our gratitude."

Well, what were they waiting for? There were foals to find! Sadly, he'd gotten a bit turned around from the main terminal, and he didn't quite recall which wall would be the most likely culprit. But no matter; the situation at hand was so extraordinary and their current successes so complete that positively nothing could hold him back now.

Spoiler
    Show
    Search time! 3 Heart + 5 from the temporary bonus = +8

[roll0]

Truly, it was as if the Sisters themselves had seen fit to bless this humble colt in recompense for the ill fortunes of earlier.
    If this was the sister's blessing, somepony really needed to pray harder. Against the wall lay a pair of saddlebags, their clasps fashioned like a scroll, much like the cutie mark of the station manager.

And one of them was moving.

When it was opened, it revealed the small, orange unicorn foal that had been in the waiting room with them earlier. Pumpkin Cake was found at last! Bells, or rather the station's clock, chimed to celebrate the discovery.

... and she was chewing on the station master's collection of fine silk ties.

[One foal found, the honours go to the highest search roll (namely Cork with a critical success). Unfortunately, your pegasus foal is in another castle!]

23. - Top - End - #143
    Titan in the Playground

"Aha!" Cork exclaimed triumphantly. With the gentleness of a spring breeze, he scooped up the foal, tie and all. He treated the foal to a wide, open-mouth grin and chuckle, hoping to get her to follow suit and stop eating the station master's tie. Regardless, he turned to his dignified audience, bouncing the little foal in his forelegs. "And here is the little grand magus herself. Though still missing her more flighty half." He gave a cursory glance around the room, but really, the others were doing the searching. It was important enough to find one foal to show they weren't crazy.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ettin in the Playground

"Hah! Incredible!" Laughed the elder gryphon. Five guards and yet a foal manages to sneak in here. Just as well we were not discussing any secrets of state, Duke?"

The handsome stallion smiled, and inclined his head as the gryphon continued. The three soldiers, meanwhile, had the good graces to look abashed.

"Truly, if she can keep out of trouble enough to live as long as I have, she might turn out to be of no mean skill in magecraft." He chuckled.

25. - Top - End - #145

Dive Bomb turned, releasing a rare, small smile at the sight of the unicorn foal. Huh. She's actually kind of cute. Most of his attention, however, was taken up by the small wooden cube in his sights. He moved slowly, quietly excusing himself around the large white stallion. It felt small in his hoof, clearly a foal's toy.

"But if this was over here, then where did Pound go?" He looked up, wondering if this could be one of the few foals that could fly, like his brother had been.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ettin in the Playground

"Perhaps I can help" Said the handsome stallion, his voice mellifluous. "I have no claim to arch-magery, but I do know a few tricks."

A light purple glow enveloped his horn, and soon spread across the wall in a wave of magic. When the burst of light had faded, a small patch of the woodwork was glowing with a light blue sheen.

"Ah-hah. If I'm not mistaken, this appears to be the residue of an insubstantiation spell that somepony recently cast here. I assume that this point would correspond to the foals point of access?"

Turning he swept his magic across the wall where Dive Bomb had found the cube, sure enough, another small patch of blue was left behind on the wall that bordered the staff break room.

"I assume your other missing foal snuck out through here, with the rest of us none the wiser." finished the handsome stallion, with a self depricating grin.

27. - Top - End - #147

His smile turned somewhat tighter at the corners at the easy use of magic, but he turned to the stallion. "Thank you," he said, poking at the patch of blue.

He looked around for the station master, intending to ask where this wall went, but didn't see him. Odd, he thought. He's been acting very queer, I think. Suspicious body language, combined with a foal in his saddlebag. This needs thinking about.

Eventually, he turned and bowed to the griffons and the stallion, before heading out the door to see what room was adjacent to that wall.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

"Oh, thank you, sir," Grease said. She hasn't seen the Pegasus when she peeked in, but these foals apparently had a propensity for getting into small spaces. "Again, sorry for taking up your time." With that, she left the room, hurriedly motioning for the others to come along as well.

She walked into the break room, giving the place a more thorough look than she had before. "Well that was more stressful than anything I was expecting to do today," she said, letting out a breath of relief.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mind 5
    13+5=18

29. - Top - End - #149

Dive Bomb's mouth twitched in the beginnings of a smirk as he looked around the room adjoining the stationmaster's office. Nor I, ma'am. Nor I. He prodded around the approximate area of the foal's presumed entry point, and then hovered near the low ceiling to see if he could detect any changed air currents that would indicate a small body's passing.

Spoiler
    Show
    Searching the room! +5 mind, rolled twice for Wary.

8+5= 13
    6+5= 11

He sneezed horrendously as he flew through a spider's web, dislodging a small cloud of dust in his face. I pity those two earth ponies later on, he thought grimly, when their children can get into this much trouble as foals.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ettin in the Playground

"Oh, thank you, sir," Grease said. She hasn't seen the Pegasus when she peeked in, but these foals apparently had a propensity for getting into small spaces. "Again, sorry for taking up your time." With that, she left the room, hurriedly motioning for the others to come along as well.

She walked into the break room, giving the place a more thorough look than she had before. "Well that was more stressful than anything I was expecting to do today," she said, letting out a breath of relief.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mind 5
    13+5=18
    Dive Bomb's mouth twitched in the beginnings of a smirk as he looked around the room adjoining the stationmaster's office. Nor I, ma'am. Nor I. He prodded around the approximate area of the foal's presumed entry point, and then hovered near the low ceiling to see if he could detect any changed air currents that would indicate a small body's passing.

Spoiler
    Show
    Searching the room! +5 mind, rolled twice for Wary.

8+5= 13
    6+5= 11

He sneezed horrendously as he flew through a spider's web, dislodging a small cloud of dust in his face. I pity those two earth ponies later on, he thought grimly, when their children can get into this much trouble as foals.
    A thorough search of the room yielded little results, at least of the foal-locating variety. Sadly, the only thing out of place in the break room was a bent piece of metal, which appeared as if it had been dislodged from a vent on the wall that bordered the station's main hallway. If Pound Cake had been here, it looked like he hadn't lingered long.

The chiming of the station clock underscored the realisation that the party still had more detective work to do, but a rapidly shrinking amount of time in which to do it.

[DC was 10 to notice the grill, I'm guessing DB might notice some disturbances showing that the foal has pretty much flown straight out into the station proper again.]