New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333449 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Riverside VI

Eastside - Hospital Site

The shadows seems to be playing games before your eyes in the light of the burning nursery, turning into the shapes of men and women squirming against the ground. Almost like they are wearing long chains of shadow leading into the burning building.

But other then shadows the parking seem to lie empty. You probably have to enter the main building or look around the other parts of the campus before you get any clues of what just happened here.

Entering the main building will get you to the lobby and what appears to once have been the cafeteria. It looks like someone have torn off everything off the shelves in there.

There is a corridor which eventually lead to an intersection, the corridor splitting three ways. A map shows that the left corridor leads to the delivery entrance, the left leading deeper into the main building while the corridor in front of them leads to the elderly ward.

Teq and Estella will likely notice that her tattoos are glowing once again, just like they did back in the boiler room. This time the necromancer will realize that they are being watched by something as they hear a loud crash coming deeper inside the hospital.

Anyone outside the main building will hear the sirens of the fire department. They might also notice the dark silhouette of something laying on the ground.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2011-11-13 at 04:24 PM.

2. - Top - End - #692
    Ogre in the Playground

[Eastside - Hospital Site]

I assume it's the right not the second left that leads deeper into the building.

Estella looks at her tattoos, frowning. "Something's going on agai-" Then the crash sounds. She jumps and looks toward the right corridor. "I guess we know where we're going now."

3. - Top - End - #693
    Banned

[BOXCAR]
    Chez is pretty Impatient, Seeing as the DM hasn't Posted. He's Pretty Sure the Plot Has Died.

4. - Top - End - #694
    Troll in the Playground

Since Teq and Estella are inside, I guess Cierra is outside checking out that dark silhouette on the ground. She'll approach it cautiously.

5. - Top - End - #695

As she approaches the object she might get the impression it's some sort of camera which compared to the other things laying around here looks pretty new.

Meanwhile the sound of sirens is getting louder.

6. - Top - End - #696
    Troll in the Playground

Cierra crouches down to pick up the camera, pausing to glance left and right before taking it into her hands and looking it over.

7. - Top - End - #697

It's a digital camera with a band strap and a little note attached to it.

The property of Jack Punter, if you find me please call at 0708 346789
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2011-11-13 at 06:34 PM.

8. - Top - End - #698
    Troll in the Playground

Cierra reads and then tucks the note into her pocket, then checks the camera to see if any pictures have been taken.

9. - Top - End - #699

Checking the camera will reveal that a lot of pictures have been taken, all of them of the hospital and all it's sections. She might notice the last one is of the nursery.

Meanwhile the fire department seems to have arrived and Cierra can hear the fire trucks stopping at the parking lot and how hoses are being pulled.

10. - Top - End - #700
    Troll in the Playground

Cierra sticks the camera in her bag and goes to find Teq and Estella.

11. - Top - End - #701
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post

I assume it's the right not the second left that leads deeper into the building.

Estella looks at her tattoos, frowning. "Something's going on agai-" Then the crash sounds. She jumps and looks toward the right corridor. "I guess we know where we're going now."
    Teq doesn't even flinch. Not because he isn't startled, merely because he's a little better at controlling such impulses. The 'half-orc' glares toward the crash. With a flicker of motion, Teq draws his khopesh and proceeds down the corridor.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2011-11-13 at 07:28 PM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

12. - Top - End - #702

As the two go down the corridor to investigate the noise they will hear footsteps coming from further away from the hall in the opposite direction of the last sound. It sounds like someone is briskly walking rather then someone running away however.
    It's followed by the grating of a door being opened.

13. - Top - End - #703
    Ogre in the Playground

Estella stops when she hears the sound. Assuming Teq stops as well, she'll try and catch his eye then nod in the direction of the sound. Time for some stealth.

14. - Top - End - #704

Eastside - Hospital Site

Teq gives her a glance and nods to the affirmative. He's done it before, and it shows in his practiced manner.

The half-orc crouches low and slips forward to see, his footsteps nigh inaudible. He holds the sword to the side, fingers wound tight around the hilt.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2011-11-13 at 10:27 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

15. - Top - End - #705

Following this sound will lead eventually them to open door which seems to have the one that opened. It seems to lead into a dark corridor without any windows.

As they step inside they can they can't still see the person who opened the door but suddenly they hear a PLING! as a elevator door opens right next to them.

Cierra won't find the two at the entrance at the very least. Looks like they gone elsewhere.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2011-11-14 at 10:20 AM.

16. - Top - End - #706
    Ogre in the Playground

Estella breaks the near silence with a sharp intake of breath when the elevator door opens. Damn was this place getting creepy. "There shouldn't be electricity here..." She whispers to Teq.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2011-11-14 at 11:54 AM.

17. - Top - End - #707

Eastside - Hospital Site

Teq's head whips to the side when the elevator doors open, and he straightens to his full height. He'll poke his head inside briefly, examining the interior, before retreating.

"Well I'm not getting aboard." Teq says, giving Estalla another glance. The spirit clearly wants them to go inside, and if it has some sort of malicious intent, an elevator would be the perfect spot.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

18. - Top - End - #708
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Exbourne Manor]

Ramiro's eyebrows furrow as Mouse speaks. "You've had dealings with AMEN in the past I presume?"
    Exbourne Manor

Mouse sighs. "Admittedly, I used to be an AMENite for a short period of time. Considering that you know how Gordon is, you can see why it was a short lived escapade. Especially with a few others involved such as Prometheus, Riv, and Moff Prime. I'm not the only one they've chased off either."

19. - Top - End - #709
    Ogre in the Playground

[Exbourne Manor]

Ramiro considers the information, then nods. "Very well. It will be useful having someone who has at least some knowledge of them now it seems."

20. - Top - End - #710
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Radiant Ocean]

Cessie just nods in agreement with Genesis, "You probably know her a lot better then me, tell her it was nice to meet her however. I hope we can see you again some time." The mage says with another bow before Genesis leaves them with the fallen knight.

She then turns to Harnel and Takara, shining up as her husband mentions home. "Yes, I'm afraid we have to leave you rather abruptly. My dear husband seems to have a surprise for me." Cessie looks at her husband lovingly before turning To Takara with a gentle smile. "Perhaps you could lead us to the ext Takara? It have been nice being here."
    Quote Originally Posted by Neon Knight View Post
    [Radiant Ocean]

Takara bows. "But of course. This way, please." Takara will lead them to the nearest exit.
    [Radiant Ocean ==> Exit]

As they leave the building, Harnel says, "It's right where I showed you last time. Except now, there's an actual building on top of it. Or, rather, several. Come on, I'll show you!" And he takes to the air, seeming rather excited.

To the Home thread?
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

21. - Top - End - #711

[Radiant Ocean ==> Exit]

"I will was infused with a great deal of aether at the time Harnel, the world looked a bit different back then... and my hair was red for some ungodly reason." Cessie comments as they leave the manor with an added laugh, Harnel's mood rubbing off on her.

To the home thread, yeah.

Eastside - Hospital Site

The elevator isn't going anywhere, just standing there, waiting. They could continue down the corridor though if they aren't planning to enter it.

22. - Top - End - #712
    Ogre in the Playground

[Exbourne Manor]

Ilpholin and Mister Squiggles ride up to the front door of the Manor, the former holding a scowl on her face. When they reach the front, Ilpholin hops off, steps forward and knocks on the door.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

23. - Top - End - #713
    Ogre in the Playground

"Where else do we look then? This is our best bet for finding out what's going on here." Estella reasons. She doesn't want to waste the opportunity.

[Exbourne Manor]

Looks like Maria is still hanging around the front door for whatever reason. Or at least near enough that it's her that answers the door for Ilpholin. "Can I help you?" She asks, a tad distractedly. She's got things on her mind.

24. - Top - End - #714
    Troll in the Playground

At some point, Cierra might catch up with Teq and Estella. I'm not sure when, though.

25. - Top - End - #715
    Titan in the Playground

[Westside]

Riverside seems a fair bit more stable than Nexus, Grace decides, at least in most ways. This unfortunately meant she could only take the Riftline out to the outskirts, as she couldn't exploit its dimensional instability.

So, she walks through the city, attempting to locate Cierra's address. She wrote directions for herself, even looked at a map, but she still felt a bit lost, having never been here before.

Hopefully she'll come to the right place before long, however- wherever that is.

26. - Top - End - #716
    Troll in the Playground

[Westside - Cierra's Loft]

Cierra's place is relatively easy to find; it looks like a old riverfront industrial warehouse converted into an apartment building. The brick exterior seems in good condition, although the door could use another coat of paint. When she knocks, she hears a shout, "Oh, it's open!"

The large open interior is rather densely packed with bookshelves, tables laden with equipment and materials, and odds and ends. The floor is covered with various mismatched, beaten up rugs in an attempt to liven up the place. One wall seems to be devoted to ham radio equipment, and the only sign of domestic comforts is a bare mattress with a sleeping bag on top of it in one corner.

Cierra is sitting in front of the radio table, one hear pressed to some headphones. "Um, I'm sorry, something came up real quick. Can you give me a moment?"

27. - Top - End - #717
    Titan in the Playground

"Of course."

Grace smiles politely and attempts to find somewhere relatively clean to sit. Honestly, the room seemed much more like a workshop than part of a home, and it put Grace a bit off balance. She wasn't sure if she should take interest in the various odds and ends or not, or whether she should pay attention to what Cierra was currently doing.

She settles for pulling out her phone and focusing on it instead.

28. - Top - End - #718

Eastside - Hospital Site

Teq sighs. He knows she's right. But it's playing right into this thing's hands.

"Fine."

That said, he steps aboard. He glances at the available floors.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

29. - Top - End - #719
    Ogre in the Playground

Estella steps in after him. Up to SC if Cierra catches them in time.

30. - Top - End - #720
    Troll in the Playground

Cierra fiddles with the radio for only a moment more before spinning around, a smile on her face. "Sorry about that. Stuff just keeps... popping up around here! So, um... can I get you anything? A drink, maybe?"