New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: Lemmy's Custom Weapon Generation System

Quote Originally Posted by as91 View Post
    This is great! I had been looking for something like it awhile back and couldn't find anything that really did what I wanted. This is pretty much exactly what I was looking for.
    Thanks, I'm glad you like! Feel free to enjoy it as much and however you

Some thoughts-
    Always love to hear these!

The Nonlethal modification seems to give the choice of dealing nonlethal damage with no penalty or attacking lethally. Is that intentional? Compare to weapons like the sap which only do nonlethal damage.
    Well, yes. That's why you have to pay for it. I'll probably add a Flaw named "harmless" or some such that restrict the weapon to nonlethal damage only

If you add them could there be a flaw that slows the reloading time of ranged weapons? I was building an exotic light cannon because I wanted it to have the Attached modification but I didn't want it to reload as a free action.
    As a rule of thumb, you can safely assume there'll be a "reverse flaw" for every scaling modification. e.g.: Decreased Reload Speed, Decreased Range, etc... I probably won't call it "Decreased", though. Gotta think of a better word.

Edit- Would you consider a weapon or part of it being magnetic a Major or Minor Utility modification?
    Well, that depends on what you want that magnet to be able accomplish... If you just want to stick metal figurines to your weapon, it would be Minor. If you want it to give you a benefit similar to a masterwork tool (+2 to one skill), it'd be major. If you want it to give you a benefit similar to an existing modifications, the price would be similar to said modification (e.g.: a +2 to resist Disarm would cost the same as the [Disarm] modification, which gives you a +2 on Disarm attempts).

Hope I could help. :)
    Last edited by Lemmy; 2016-09-17 at 03:52 AM. Reason: so many typos...

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

smile Re: Lemmy's Custom Weapon Generation System

Quote Originally Posted by ObliviMancer View Post
    I... have dreamt of making this kind of system for years...
    One more victim falls prey to my time-travelling mind-stealing prowess!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I love it :D

Surprise Knife
    This incredibly sneaky knife is very difficult to use, but incredible deadly in the right hands, and is especitally suited to catching people off-guard.
    [1d4 / 20/x3 / P / Melee] [Barbed] [Brace, Feint] [Reach when Extended]
    Template: Exotic Light Piercing Weapon
    Modification: Barbed (2 cp), Brace (0* cp), Distracting (1 cp), Extendable (Reach) (2 cp), Retractable (1 cp), Stashing (0* cp)

Did I do it right? :3
    Everything is correct, from what I can tell.

Also, challenge... how would you make this puppy as a weapon?
    Spoiler
    Show

He has been used as a weapon multiple times in the show... once as a fireball at least
    Sorry, my system is not meant to allow the creation of weapons of mass destruction.
    Homebrew Stuff:

3. - Top - End - #33
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lemmy View Post
    One more victim falls prey to my time-travelling mind-stealing prowess!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Everything is correct, from what I can tell.

Sorry, my system is not meant to allow the creation of weapons of mass destruction.
    bio weapon gonna need whole new supplement and we don't have enough knowledge

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

is there anything brewing on magic front like floating skulls with eye beams like:
    demon skull
    exotic ranged 1d8 energy damage 90ft range 34 gp

my my my that's cheap no hand weapon with no cost to pc
    Last edited by khadgar567; 2016-09-16 at 12:26 PM.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

confused Re: Lemmy's Custom Weapon Generation System

Quote Originally Posted by khadgar567 View Post
    small question about archers infamous swords kansou and byakuya they are lets say magnetic to each other
    I... Don't know what these are. A quick Google search tells me they are Archer's swords, but I don't know what properties they have other than looking cool... Are they attracted to each other or something? How would you prefer to reflect that in the game? Depending on how powerful the effect is, it might be better off as a unique (?) magical enhancement.
    Homebrew Stuff:

6. - Top - End - #36
    Firbolg in the Playground

Really enjoy this. I've been using a similar system for years now (thread tables got broke and I never updated them, but the thread is still legible). Your take on it is very similar, but I there are things I like that I may take to adapt to my own games. I love the 2 free minor modifications, and some of your more unique options are really interesting, and several things you did just feel more elegant than my way of handling it.

Just as an example, your take on ranged weapon handling is much more elegant than my own, and makes range boosting really worth it.

Btw, elemental is a really neat perk in theory, but two issues: 1) but I'm not sure how to really flavor it for a melee weapon without being outright magical or advanced tech. 2) Touch attacks at the cost of nothing but str mod to damage is really OP. You can still power attack, but even if you ban that anyone who uses other forms of bonus damage is going to beeline for it.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

is there anything brewing on magic front like floating skulls with eye beams
    Well, the main premise of the project is to allow players and GMs to create a great variety of base weapons. There are some effects that are similar to magic and/or may or may not be achievable without magic and/or relatively advanced technology (Elemental Damage is the obvious example, but depending on how you prefer to flavor it and on what type of weapon it's added to, things like Extendable and Alternate Damage may qualify as well)

For now, there are no plans for new weapon enhancements (specially since we have lots of those in 3.X/PF and keep getting more). There are some very early drafts on magical enhancements in my secondary google.doc (I usually don't add anything to the main document unless I have a solid idea of what the wording will be).

There are few modifications I'm finishing, then I have to add 2 new special materials (these should be easy, basically they are minerals mined from aligned planes that make your weapon/armor count as Good/Evil for certain purposes). After these are done, my priority will be the Weapon Flaw chapter.
    Homebrew Stuff:

8. - Top - End - #38
    Troll in the Playground

I... Don't know what these are. A quick Google search tells me they are Archer's swords, but I don't know what properties they have other than looking cool... Are they attracted to each other or something? How would you prefer to reflect that in the game? Depending on how powerful the effect is, it might be better off as a unique (?) magical enhancement.
    their unique ability allows them to return each other even

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Seerow View Post
    Really enjoy this. I've been using a similar system for years now (thread tables got broke and I never updated them, but the thread is still legible). Your take on it is very similar, but I there are things I like that I may take to adapt to my own games..
    Great minds think alike

I love the 2 free minor modifications, and some of your more unique options are really interesting, and several things you did just feel more elegant than my way of handling it.

Just as an example, your take on ranged weapon handling is much more elegant than my own, and makes range boosting really worth it.
    Oh, stop... You'll make me blush. (Please, continue )

Btw, elemental is a really neat perk in theory, but two issues: 1) but I'm not sure how to really flavor it for a melee weapon without being outright magical or advanced tech. 2) Touch attacks at the cost of nothing but str mod to damage is really OP. You can still power attack, but even if you ban that anyone who uses other forms of bonus damage is going to beeline for it.
    1- The modification is originally meant to allow the creation of things like flame-throwers, acid flasks, tasers, etc. It's a modification that's specifically noted as being very GM/setting-dependent when it comes to availability.
    2- My experience with Pathfinder's firearms is that it really isn't all that problematic, but admittedly, PF firearms have a lot more issues than simply not adding Str to damage... In any case, if you think it's too much, a possible fix is giving the Solid Energy modification for free to all weapons with Elemental Damage.

Solid Energy is particularly difficult to flavor without magic/advanced technology, so it may require some hand-waving, but I wanted to add the option precisely so that people who thought the touch attack thing was too much could still have fun with Elemental Damage weapons.
    Last edited by Lemmy; 2016-09-16 at 10:38 PM. Reason: Fixing typos... As usual.
    Homebrew Stuff:

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

their unique ability allows them to return each other even
    Hmm... Sounds like a modified version of the Returning magical enhancement. Closest thing from my homebrew that comes to mind is the "Spinning" modification, which is meant to create boomerangs.

My suggestion is using this system to create the base properties of the weapons and then add fitting magical enhancements, such as Returning. Possibly even give them an unique benefit. Now... I'm working on a "Twin" weapons modification, that allows two 1-handed/light weapons to be used in conjunction, either as a combined larger weapon, or as separate weapons but with some benefit to TWF when used together, so there might be something for it in the future...

However, I'm not sure on what the effect of the modification would be or the wording for it.
    Homebrew Stuff:

11. - Top - End - #41
    Troll in the Playground

Hmm... Sounds like a modified version of the Returning magical enhancement. Closest thing from my homebrew that comes to mind is the "Spinning" modification, which is meant to create boomerangs.

My suggestion is using this system to create the base properties of the weapons and then add fitting magical enhancements, such as Returning. Possibly even give them an unique benefit. Now... I'm working on a "Twin" weapons modification, that allows two 1-handed/light weapons to be used in conjunction, either as a combined larger weapon, or as separate weapons but with some benefit to TWF when used together, so there might be something for it in the future...

However, I'm not sure on what the effect of the modification would be or the wording for it.
    well as far as i know the sword are mundane only well crafted and have humanoid sacrifice as crafting prequiste

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

well as far as i know the sword are mundane only well crafted and have humanoid sacrifice as crafting prequiste
    Returning to each other and requiring sacrifice to craft doesn't sound mundane...

Maybe they just don't have any magical ability (other than returning to each other), like the other weapons from the Fate series, which often have all sorts of mystical powers.

In any case... There's the Spinning modification, which makes a thrown weapon return to the square where it was thrown from if it doesn't hit anything.
    Last edited by Lemmy; 2016-09-16 at 01:05 PM.
    Homebrew Stuff:

13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground

Returning to each other and requiring sacrifice to craft doesn't sound mundane...

Maybe they just don't have any magical ability (other than returning to each other), like the other weapons from the Fate series, which often have all sorts of mystical powers.
    they dont have magic ability in any shape or form(funny thing is they are replicas of originals made by air)

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

I don't know how to represent their returning capability without magic or advanced technology, though... Unless it's part of the user's ability, I suppose.
    Homebrew Stuff:

15. - Top - End - #45
    Pixie in the Playground

I think the Reach and Trip Modifications should cost 1 point each. They are both fairly desirable qualities and at 0 they seem like a steal. Here are two 3.5 weapons remade using this system that have both modifications-

Guisarme
    Melee, Slashing
    Martial, Two-Handed
    [2d4 19-20/x3] RAW is 20/x3
    Reach
    Trip
    Improved Critical Multiplier

0 spare Craft Points with a better threat range than RAW. If Reach and Trip had a cost of 1 each you would have 2 points to spend on something other than Improved Critical Multiplier or with an extra point from a flaw that decreased threat range you would be able to make the weapon exactly as RAW

Spiked Chain
    Melee, Piercing
    Exotic, Two-Handed
    [2d4 20/x3] RAW is x2
    Disarm
    Finesse
    Reach
    Trip
    Utility, Major- Attack Adjacent (There should be a modification for this effect or optional additional cost within the Reach modification.)

3 spare Craft Points give or take a few given the weirdness of using Major Utility to replicate the ability to also attack targets adjacent to yourself while being slightly better than RAW. Generally I like how this system produces exotic weapons stronger than their RAW counterparts given that most of them aren't worth a feat but Spiked Chain is one of the few that is worth a feat. You could just make Attack Adjacent on top of Reach cost 4 points but I think that would ignore the base desirability of Reach and that the Reach modification may end up somewhat overused.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

I think the Reach and Trip Modifications should cost 1 point each. They are both fairly desirable qualities and at 0 they seem like a steal. Here are two 3.5 weapons remade using this system that have both modifications-
    Reach is a good modification, but it self balances itself by not allowing you to threaten adjacent squares. Trip... Is nearly useless, IME. It's here because it's present in RAW, but honestly, I've never ever seen it used in game. Even with this system is usually added just for flavor.

Guisarme
    Melee, Slashing
    Martial, Two-Handed
    [2d4 19-20/x3] RAW is 20/x3
    Reach
    Trip
    Improved Critical Multiplier

0 spare Craft Points with a better threat range than RAW. If Reach and Trip had a cost of 1 each you would have 2 points to spend on something other than Improved Critical Multiplier or with an extra point from a flaw that decreased threat range you would be able to make the weapon exactly as RAW
    There's a mistake here...

Quote Originally Posted by LCWGS
    Improved Critical Multiplier: A weapon with this modification increases its critical multiplier by +1.
    Requirements: Piercing Damage Craft Points: 3 (+1 cp for weapons with critical threat range 19-20 (or wider)).
    (Purple'd for emphasis).

Now... One of the requirements is dealing piercing damage, which costs 1 cp. Leaving exactly 3 cp to be used as well, however, since the price of [Improved Critical Multiplier] increases by +1 (to a total a of 4), it's not possible to create a 19-20/x3 martial weapon. You can do it as an exotic weapon, though.

Maybe the text isn't clear? (It sounds like I'm being snarky, but it's a honest question).

Spiked Chain
    Melee, Piercing
    Exotic, Two-Handed
    [2d4 20/x3] RAW is x2
    Disarm
    Finesse
    Reach
    Trip
    Utility, Major- Attack Adjacent (There should be a modification for this effect or optional additional cost within the Reach modification.)

3 spare Craft Points give or take a few given the weirdness of using Major Utility to replicate the ability to also attack targets adjacent to yourself while being slightly better than RAW. Generally I like how this system produces exotic weapons stronger than their RAW counterparts given that most of them aren't worth a feat but Spiked Chain is one of the few that is worth a feat. You could just make Attack Adjacent on top of Reach cost 4 points but I think that would ignore the base desirability of Reach and that the Reach modification may end up somewhat overused.
    Allowing a reach weapon to threaten adjacent squares is well beyond what [Utility, Major] should be allowed to do. That modification is meant to allow weapons to do cool, useful stuff, like working as a masterwork tool, lantern or something like that. It's not supposed to be able to significantly increase the weapon's combat effectiveness. I surely wouldn't allow a player to use it to get +8 threatened squares.

You're right that there probably should be a modification that allows such a thing, but if I add it, it'll probably cost 3 cp and require the [Reach] modification. Maybe an [Exotic Weapon] template as well.

I don't particularly mind if one of the weapons is straight up better than the version from RAW, if that version is one of those weapons that is straight up worse than others. e.g.: Custom crossbows being competitive with composite longbows is a feature, not a bug.

In any case, thank you for your feedback.
    Last edited by Lemmy; 2016-09-17 at 08:53 PM.
    Homebrew Stuff:

17. - Top - End - #47
    Pixie in the Playground

Reach is a good modification, but it self balances itself by not allowing you to threaten adjacent squares. Trip... Is nearly useless, IME. It's here because it's present in RAW, but honestly, I've never ever seen it used in game. Even with this system is usually added just for flavor.
    I think I might be coming from something of a corner case in my evaluation of Trip. I'm aware that it's less good in Pathfinder than in 3.5 which is what the DM I play with most often runs. Further most of those games are in the lower levels where a fair amount of the threats you encounter are not large. Within that very specific context and given the use of Improved Trip I think it can be quite good but I think you're right that outside of that it doesn't see much use.

Maybe the text isn't clear? (It sounds like I'm being snarky, but it's a honest question).
    No the text is clear. I simply missed it. I had reached a point where I had the modifications I wanted with 4 spare points but noticed that the critical multiplier was lower than RAW and felt that it would have been disingenuous to not take what modifications I could to get my comparison as close to RAW as possible, I quickly checked the point cost but not the prerequisite.

I don't particularly mind if one of the weapons is straight up better than the version from RAW, if that version is one of those weapons that is straight up worse than others. e.g.: Custom crossbows being competitive with composite longbows is a feature, not a bug.
    I actually like that a lot about your system. What I originally set out to do was compare what I could build with a widely regarded as great weapon. So I looked toward the Spiked Chain. That ended up being a little wonky and I guess I should have done something else like the Minotaur Greathammer instead. Somewhere along the line I went on a tangent about Reach and Trip and lost sight of what I set out to do. I suspect that your system can be used to build things at least slightly better than the usual go to weapons. I'm not sure how big an issue that is though.
    Last edited by as91; 2016-09-17 at 07:42 PM.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

I think I might be coming from something of a corner case in my evaluation of Trip. I'm aware that it's less good in Pathfinder than in 3.5 which is what the DM I play with most often runs. Further most of those games are in the lower levels where a fair amount of the threats you encounter are not large. Within that very specific context and given the use of Improved Trip I think it can be quite good but I think you're right that outside of that it doesn't see much use.
    Ah, yes... Trip can be pretty abusable at low levels... Then again, all that requires is Reach. The Trip weapon property is unnecessary (and all but completely useless in PF)

Nowadays I mostly play a heavily house-ruled PF with a bunch of 3.X material, so I kinda forgot about the 3.X version of the Trip property.

Still not particularly worrisome, though... I'll leave it be for now.

No the text is clear. I simply missed it. I had reached a point where I had the modifications I wanted with 4 spare points but noticed that the critical multiplier was lower than RAW and felt that it would have been disingenuous to not take what modifications I could to get my comparison as close to RAW as possible, I quickly checked the point cost but not the prerequisite.
    It's okay... We all make mistakes. Just the other day, I made the mistaking of thinking I was mistaken.

I actually like that a lot about your system. What I originally set out to do was compare what I could build with a widely regarded as great weapon. So I looked toward the Spiked Chain. That ended up being a little wonky and I guess I should have done something else like the Minotaur Greathammer instead. Somewhere along the line I went on a tangent about Reach and Trip and lost sight of what I set out to do. I suspect that your system can be used to build things at least slightly better than the usual go to weapons. I'm not sure how big an issue that is though.
    It's pretty cool to have weapons competing with the omni-present spiked chains, scimitars, falchions and longbows... I mean, sure, the longsword's extra +1 average damage may not be worth giving up the scimitar's 50% critical threat range... But maybe a longsword that gets that 1d8, can make the target bleed and is capable of dealing piercing damage might be competitive enough. Just like a hammer dealing 1d12 damage might be enough to convince someone to grab it instead...

You know... I have a bunch of different homebrew projects, but this is the one that makes the most proud. It's so simple and minor, but adds so much variety and uniqueness to the game, I can't help but smile. Last campaign I started, not a single player used scimitars or falchions... And only one of them is using a longbow.

EDIT: I... I might be addicted to emoticoms.
    Last edited by Lemmy; 2016-09-18 at 12:45 AM. Reason: typos, as usual...
    Homebrew Stuff:

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

Wow, really? I see scimitars and falchions used all the time!

Also, we gotta hold an intervention about that emoticon habit... you know... before it spreads!
    Come post a magic item to show that not all unique items are immensely powerful tools of the gods!
    Jester of The Rudisplorkers Guild!!

My cool avatar by Kymme
    My homebrew

Quote Originally Posted by Xuldarinar View Post
    ..What have I done..? What have you done? That poor lantern archon..

trophies
    The photo got removed, but I'm a silver trophy winner of Pathfinder Grab Bag XII: of Dungeons and Dragons

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

biggrin Re: Lemmy's Custom Weapon Generation System

Quote Originally Posted by inuyasha View Post
    Wow, really? I see scimitars and falchions used all the time!
    Giving viable alternatives (such as a whole system to create cool, effective, unique weapons) really helps.

Quote Originally Posted by inuyasha View Post
    Also, we gotta hold an intervention about that emoticon habit... you know... before it spreads!
    I'm so sorry...

But, hey... Maybe they'll have cake in the quarantine zone!
    Last edited by Lemmy; 2016-09-17 at 10:13 PM.
    Homebrew Stuff:

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

Keen vorpal scimitars are the jam dude, especially if you're playing 3.0 like I was for a long time, because in that edition it stacked with improved critical.

EDIT: Also there's pie, I'm eating some banana cream right now.
    Last edited by inuyasha; 2016-09-17 at 10:29 PM.
    Come post a magic item to show that not all unique items are immensely powerful tools of the gods!
    Jester of The Rudisplorkers Guild!!

My cool avatar by Kymme
    My homebrew

Quote Originally Posted by Xuldarinar View Post
    ..What have I done..? What have you done? That poor lantern archon..

trophies
    The photo got removed, but I'm a silver trophy winner of Pathfinder Grab Bag XII: of Dungeons and Dragons

22. - Top - End - #52
    Barbarian in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

I like this system a fair amount, but there are a few things that I would tweak.

The first is that 0-point upgrades strike me as odd, primarily because they sort of game the system by offering an incentive for every weapon to have at least two of their listed gimmicks. I would suggest raising their value to 1 and increasing the cost of other pieces of equipment similarly, maybe in the process increasing the total point buy (maybe simple->5 martial->7 exotic->10).

Also, I would do away with the requirements of piercing or slashing weapons for improving critical threat range and multiplier. 19-20/x3 weapons exist and can be a lot of fun on certain builds, and I can see bludgeoning weapons with broad threat ranges (maybe some sort of multi-headed flail).

Overall, it seems like you've done a great job with this. I like the system overall and think that it could be used to great effect in many a game.
    Dark Green, the color of Chaotic Evil

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    Altruistorc is leaving me deeply disturbed and intrigued at the same time...

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Thealtruistorc View Post
    I like this system a fair amount, but there are a few things that I would tweak

The first is that 0-point upgrades strike me as odd, primarily because they sort of game the system by offering an incentive for every weapon to have at least two of their listed gimmicks. I would suggest raising their value to 1 and increasing the cost of other pieces of equipment similarly, maybe in the process increasing the total point buy (maybe simple->5 martial->7 exotic->10).
    Well... That would change the numbers, but not really the issue, right? After all, simply having craft points is an incentive to get at least one special property. 0* cp modifications have two main goals: Tell us the base design of the weapon (e.g.: reach, whip, string, gunpowder, etc) and allow users to add a something unique and/or fun to every weapon. 0* modifications are pretty much minor bonus that no one would pick if they weren't free. Similarly, even from a simulations perspective, there's only so many design choices a crafter can add to his weapon, so why waste time and resources adding minor advantages when he could make it extra sharp? Unless of course, those minor advantages require so little effort/material/whatever that they can be added without taking away the "space" of the more useful stuff.

One thing to keep in mind is that while this system allows the creation of all sorts of weapons, its existence doesn't mean every character (PC or NPC) automatically gets a custom made weapon, or that every smith is capable and/or willing to create every weapon and modification. As I specifically note in the googledoc:

Quote Originally Posted by Lemmy's Custom Weapon Generation System
    Technology & Weapon Modifications
    Some weapon modifications (such as Gunpowder and Crank (Automatic)) may require a higher level of technological advancement than what is present in a certain setting. As such, these modifications may have “Exotic Weapon” as an additional requirement, make the weapon far more expensive, only be known to certain people or even not exist at all.
    The GM is always the final arbiter of what modifications are available and what are their effects on a weapon’s price and availability.
    (Purple'd for emphasis)

Also, I would do away with the requirements of piercing or slashing weapons for improving critical threat range and multiplier. 19-20/x3 weapons exist and can be a lot of fun on certain builds, and I can see bludgeoning weapons with broad threat ranges (maybe some sort of multi-headed flail).
    This is something I've been thinking about... Right now, those weapons can be created, but are restricted to Exotic Weapons with multiple damage types. I might remove the template requirement, but I still don't think 19-20/x3 weapons should be martial.

Overall, it seems like you've done a great job with this. I like the system overall and think that it could be used to great effect in many a game.
    Thanks! I'm glad you like! And thank you very much for the feedback.
    Homebrew Stuff:

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Exclamation Re: Lemmy's Custom Weapon Generation System

Phew... Finally added some Weapon Flaws to the system. Now you can have your carbines take all the time in the world to reload.
    Last edited by Lemmy; 2016-09-19 at 12:40 PM.
    Homebrew Stuff:

25. - Top - End - #55
    Troll in the Playground

[1d12 18-20/x2 / S / Melee] [Deadly] [Double] [Trip] /[double edged] [over sized*]
    may I represent you warglaives of betrayer
    only thing ı might add is may be twin modifier if lemmy adds it
    * I may remove it when twin modifier dayviews
    Last edited by khadgar567; 2016-09-19 at 12:48 PM.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Pixie in the Playground

Awesome!

I'm finding the text for flaws kinda confusing though. The limits on number of flaws for the different classes of weapons and corresponding Craft Point Budget seems to imply that you get that many points for having that many flaws but then the individual flaw listings have their own bonus Craft Point values listed. Is the Budget referring to the max you can spend on any one Modification or to the maximum combined total bonus Craft Points you can have?

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

[1d12 18-20/x2 / S / Melee] [Deadly] [Double] [Trip] /[double edged] [over sized*]
    may I represent you warglaives of betrayer
    only thing ı might add is may be twin modifier if lemmy adds it
    * I may remove it when twin modifier dayviews
    A double edged 18-20 barbed blade is really scary ... And extremely cool!
    Homebrew Stuff:

28. - Top - End - #58
    Troll in the Playground

A double edged 18-20 barbed blade is really scary ... And extremely cool!
    this is why this thing needs training to use
    by the way is both blades uses same bonus or second blade uses -5

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Awesome!

I'm finding the text for flaws kinda confusing though. The limits on number of flaws for the different classes of weapons and corresponding Craft Point Budget seems to imply that you get that many points for having that many flaws but then the individual flaw listings have their own bonus Craft Point values listed. Is the Budget referring to the max you can spend on any one Modification or to the maximum combined total bonus Craft Points you can have?
    Yeah... The wording is a bit confusing. I'll rework it to make it clearer.

Let me try to explain here, in a more informal way:

Every weapon has a "cp budget" based on its complexity (simple/martial/exotic)

Flaws do not increase this budget. Instead, they create a separate cp budget.

Imagine, if you will, that every "" is 1 cp. (as if my posts didn't have emojis enough )

A Martial weapon has 4 cp:

If you add, say, a 2 cp flaw, that doesn't increase the weapon's cp budget to 6. Instead, it adds a second budget that can be used to add more modifications

So instead of:

You get:

There are two hard limits to how many flaws can be added to an weapon:
    Total number of flaws and the total cumulative "cost" of each flaw.
    e.g.:

A simple weapon can have up to two flaws. Together, these fla
    Last edited by Lemmy; 2016-09-20 at 02:21 PM.
    Homebrew Stuff:

30. - Top - End - #60
    Pixie in the Playground

Kobold

Hey Lemmy a couple of questions if you will:
    1. How are the custom ammo types coming?
    2. For a more modern run in things how would you go about setting up a Automatic or Burstfire weapon cost wise?
    Still proud to be Wraithstrike Minion #1. ALL HAIL HIS MANY RED EYEDNESS!!!!