New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Default Re: Bleach V: Well that was a waste of time (Fullbring? What's that?)

Quote Originally Posted by Fjolnir View Post
    If Uryu was not helping the quincies, I would be MORE shocked...
    I don't see why he would.

He admitted in his first appearance that he didn't mind Soul Society's extermination of the Quincy clan. His only beef with the Shinigami was Kurotsuchi indirectly killing his grandfather

2. - Top - End - #842
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fjolnir View Post
    If Uryu was not helping the quincies, I would be MORE shocked...
    I'm more interested in seeing what Ryuuken does, and hopefully getting some of his and Isshin's backstory.

3. - Top - End - #843
    Titan in the Playground

I already feel sorry for whoever tries to steal Mayuri's bankai.

4. - Top - End - #844
    Barbarian in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

So, once again, if SoiFong hates her bankai as much as she told Barragan, and SS knows that these quincy can steal bankais, and her bankai probably does a LOT of collateral damage, is there a reason not to use her shikai instead?

Maybe her flash-step advanced technique if you want... I can understand Hitsugaya and Komamura going bankai from the begining, because it's THEIR style, and it has been since their first fights. Byakuya is resorceful enough to crush his opponent without bankai, and proud enough to allow Masked Quincy to seal it just to see how they do that, and give him his little lecture about how Byakuya is better and cooler than everyone not Byakuya.

But SoiFong going bankai immediately? Really?
    Last edited by Elhann; 2012-06-15 at 04:36 PM.

5. - Top - End - #845
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Elhann View Post

But SoiFong going bankai immediately? Really?
    Apparently those cloaks the wear make them near impervious to shikai and lower techs. And Soi can still use shunko, so shes not at the much of a disadvantage (unlike the other 3). At least till they reveal a counter to it. It also seems (given the whole expository plan deal) that these 4 captains were given orders to go out there and use their Bankai.
    Last edited by jindra34; 2012-06-15 at 05:42 PM.

6. - Top - End - #846
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by jindra34 View Post
    Apparently those cloaks the wear make them near impervious to shikai and lower techs. And Soi can still use shunko, so shes not at the much of a disadvantage (unlike the other 3). At least till they reveal a counter to it. It also seems (given the whole expository plan deal) that these 4 captains were given orders to go out there and use their Bankai.
    I'm not certain that Byakuya's at that much of a disadvantage, considering he's got a level of mobility almost up there with Yoruichi and SoiFong, and has been known to use Kido onslaughts on occasion- so even if his only contribution was to keep the quincy from being able to somehow steal Renji's bankai, that could be decisive...
    Part of YugiohITP

Warning: This post may contain traces of nuts, madness and/or sarcasm, you have been warned.

7. - Top - End - #847
    Troll in the Playground

This is assuming they didn't lose their reiatsu along with their bankai.
    Avatar Credit: the very talented PseudoStraw. Full image:
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #848
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Infernally Clay View Post
    I care!

Spoiler
    Show
    Did you notice how Hitsugaya's Bankai no longer has the floating flowers? Seems Kubo was being honest when he said Hitsugaya mastered his Bankai over the timeskip.

It's becoming more and more one-sided, though, this fight. Stealing Bankai thematically fits how the Quincy work, but if they actually use those Bankai... That's a huge boost to their reiatsu on top of giving them the Bankai's abilities as well. How can you beat someone with a weapon five to ten times stronger than what you've got?

Komamura is the only one who might pull through - and even then that's only because his Bankai transfers the damage dealt to it to the wielder as well.
    HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

Oh if only Kubo were a decent enough writer to take advantage of the Worf effect he's established in order to turn it on whoever Hoover'd THAT! That might make up for the entire Fullbring arc.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Toho has retroactive powers of awesome. He makes things that he hasn't done, and have already happened, better by his existence
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganurath View Post
    If anything, the term should be What Would Toho Do?
    Of course, in all situations the answer is Be A Badass.

9. - Top - End - #849
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Hadrian_Emrys View Post
    HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

Oh if only Kubo were a decent enough writer to take advantage of the Worf effect he's established in order to turn it on whoever Hoover'd THAT! That might make up for the entire Fullbring arc.
    The only thing that would make up for the Fullbring arc is one of them showing up to do something productive against the super-quincy. After the SS gets its butt handed to it.

10. - Top - End - #850
    Troll in the Playground

So... New Chapter...

Spoiler
    Show
    I liked it. A bit. I mean, sure they play the Ichigo card (and we know his bankai can't be stolen), but the faces of those captains... Priceless

Then again, I expect an asspull from Kubo because he's nothing left to do...
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

11. - Top - End - #851
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Mayuri has a point; even if you're going to test your opponent's counter-bankai technique, you don't have to use four bankais at once.

Hitsugaya's reaction seems to suggest that the technique "silences" the zanpakuto. Surely it doesn't take the entire sword spirit out?
    Awesome OOTS-style Fallout New Vegas avatar by Ceika. Or it was, before Photobucket started charging money.

General nerd person. Mostly computer games and manga.

12. - Top - End - #852
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Haruspex_Pariah View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mayuri has a point; even if you're going to test your opponent's counter-bankai technique, you don't have to use four bankais at once.

Hitsugaya's reaction seems to suggest that the technique "silences" the zanpakuto. Surely it doesn't take the entire sword spirit out?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Counterpoint: The Captains already knew someone was going to have to sacrifice their bankai as soon as possible to try and figure out what exactly the Uberquincy were doing, and since they were surprise attacked on multiple fronts they weren't really in synch. It could just be that four captains managed to get their bankais stolen before the report came in that said "Hey, no really, don't do that."

Still not the best tactics, basically four people running suicide missions when all you needed was one, but oh well.

Personally I think the greatest loss here is Soi Fong's shikai.

13. - Top - End - #853
    Ettin in the Playground

A Quincy already did something that Coyote Starrk wasn't able to do. He actually hit Shunsui Kyōraku, the captain of the 8th division, without Kyoraku being distracted by his best friend getting fisted in the chest.
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

14. - Top - End - #854
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza00 View Post
    A Quincy already did something that Coyote Starrk wasn't able to do. He actually hit Shunsui Kyōraku, the captain of the 8th division, without Kyoraku being distracted by his best friend getting fisted in the chest.
    So the Quincy are more competent than the Espada. Thats no big deal considering that if the Espada and Aizen had been competent then the manga would be over already.

15. - Top - End - #855
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza00 View Post
    Not true, Starrk was able to hit Shunsui more then a couple of times. Hell, Shunsui only survived cause he has the most hax shikai ever...next to Aizen anyway.

Also...
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I used to be a captain like you, but then I took a bullet in the eye..."
    Last edited by Callos_DeTerran; 2012-06-20 at 02:41 PM.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

16. - Top - End - #856
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofBob View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Counterpoint: The Captains already knew someone was going to have to sacrifice their bankai as soon as possible to try and figure out what exactly the Uberquincy were doing, and since they were surprise attacked on multiple fronts they weren't really in synch. It could just be that four captains managed to get their bankais stolen before the report came in that said "Hey, no really, don't do that."

Still not the best tactics, basically four people running suicide missions when all you needed was one, but oh well.

Personally I think the greatest loss here is Soi Fong's shikai.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I generally agree with this one. It's all worth considering which four captains it was who wound up making the attempt.
    * Soi Fon, given her speed and the overwhelming nature of her bankai, may well have hoped to successfully land a blow before she could be sealed.
    * Hitsugaya is young, extremely rash, and prone to grandiose acts of self-sacrifice. Deciding himself as the sacrifice for figuring out just how things work makes a lot of sense.
    * Byakuya had a second guy with bankai with him, and reasonably believed that if his was sealed, Renji would be able to step up and take the enemy out, unsealing himself. He made what he believed was a tactical sacrifice, only to discover it was much more serious.
    * Komamaru is kind of an idiot.
    Last edited by Friv; 2012-06-21 at 10:20 AM.
    If you like my thoughts, you'll love my writing. Visit me at www.mishahandman.com.

17. - Top - End - #857
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

I wonder, since Ichigo is out of touch at the moment, I wonder who will answer the call for help?

18. - Top - End - #858
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    I wonder, since Ichigo is out of touch at the moment, I wonder who will answer the call for help?
    The gate opens to the mortal world.
    A shadowy figure steps forward.
    Shinigami 1: "Ichigo, is that you?" But the shinigami is wrong.
    The shadowy figure then does a victory pose, "SPIRITS ARE ALWAYS WITH YOU!"

19. - Top - End - #859
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Thumbs up Re: Bleach V: Well that was a waste of time (Fullbring? What's that?)

So much lolz.

Yes, Don Kanonji will be the one to save the day.

20. - Top - End - #860
    Ettin in the Playground

...Bleach would be redeemed. Forever. If Don Kanonji saves the day and defeats the evil Quincy. Forever.

Because nothing short of awesomeness can come from it, that man is a hero.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

21. - Top - End - #861
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Ah... Urahara. So enjoyable. And yet again the SS needs Ichigo to bail them out. Though at least someone there apparently can use logic.

22. - Top - End - #862
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    To be fair, Ichigo won the lottery with his unique steal-proof bankai. Otherwise he'd be as useless as the four captains (and one dead lieutenant) who got robbed.
    Awesome OOTS-style Fallout New Vegas avatar by Ceika. Or it was, before Photobucket started charging money.

General nerd person. Mostly computer games and manga.

23. - Top - End - #863
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Spoiler
    Show
    Urahara usually is not quite so direct and ruthless. He must be highly concerned. Also Ichigo seems to be figuring some things out. I get the impression he was trying to pump that Quincy for info rather than kill him outright. Nice transition between the two locations IMO.

24. - Top - End - #864
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    That was pretty good, and it seems that we got some info. Ichigo's opponent named some parts of his ability. So apparently they have to dictate how much energy goes to which part.

Silly Captains had to go and lose their Bankai.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Hashmir View Post
    When I die, I donate my body to the cause of whatever ******* finds it first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodgruve View Post
    Really though, how effin scary would the beach be if an octopus could launch itself outta the water at a 200' move speed every 6 seconds. I'd never go to the beach again... I thought flying sharks were scary...
    Blood~

25. - Top - End - #865
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    If Ichigo was winning his fight, why did he just up and leave right as they asked for him instead of like finishing off the Quincy? I have no doubts that Urahara could have, but it would have been simpler for Ichigo to do it.

26. - Top - End - #866
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by maximus25 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    If Ichigo was winning his fight, why did he just up and leave right as they asked for him instead of like finishing off the Quincy? I have no doubts that Urahara could have, but it would have been simpler for Ichigo to do it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Urahara did finish off the Quincy. Apparently he is taking this whole thing kinda seriously. And unfortunately that means he interuppted Ichigo's interogation.

27. - Top - End - #867
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    I doubt it's just Zangetsu that makes Ichigo's bankai un-steal-able. Could it be Fullbring? Or perhaps the Hollow power (which after a fashion united Ichigo with Zangetsu more fully)? Final Getsuga (meaning that he still "is" Zangetsu)?

If it's the Hollow power, then the Vandenreich could be stopped by the Visored captains. I think it's a combination of those, though, and possibly partly due to Ichigo being also human.

28. - Top - End - #868
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I doubt it's just Zangetsu that makes Ichigo's bankai un-steal-able. Could it be Fullbring? Or perhaps the Hollow power (which after a fashion united Ichigo with Zangetsu more fully)? Final Getsuga (meaning that he still "is" Zangetsu)?

If it's the Hollow power, then the Vandenreich could be stopped by the Visored captains. I think it's a combination of those, though, and possibly partly due to Ichigo being also human.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I would go with that it is a number of factors. First is the "closed" nature of Ichigo's Bankai. It concentrates around him instead of expands outward. (The bad guys seem to be working on a counter for that though. If they do steal it they might just unleash something much worse). Also being a Visored probably helps as well. The other Visored should be much more effective against the Quicey because they are able to power up, but without the use of a Bankai. Enough to win I don't know. But the battles will be much more even. Of course there is one Captain who does not have a Bankai. I wonder how the Quincy where going to deal with him? Or maybe they never got solid intel on him and don't know what he can do. Which means they are dead meat. I don't think the Fullbring has much to do with it.

29. - Top - End - #869
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Madara View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    That was pretty good, and it seems that we got some info. Ichigo's opponent named some parts of his ability. So apparently they have to dictate how much energy goes to which part.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Quincy are using incarnum!

30. - Top - End - #870
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Of course there is one Captain who does not have a Bankai. I wonder how the Quincy where going to deal with him? Or maybe they never got solid intel on him and don't know what he can do. Which means they are dead meat. I don't think the Fullbring has much to do with it.
    Can't wait to see the gentleman in question engage the Quincy.
    Last edited by SlyGuyMcFly; 2012-06-27 at 03:50 PM.
    Truth resists simplicity.