New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Crack Pairings VI - We've Finally Stooped to Shipping Ourselves

I've noticed she's wearing Xykon's crown. Is this a good, evil, or neutral ending? I'm guessing not evil.

And a familiar might be just the thing to keep Tiasal sane during this mess.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubi View Post
    Does anybody have any stick art they can have me do? I'm trying to improve my inkscape skills
    Elan dressed up like Freddie Mercury and singing 'Green-Colored Girls' to Therkla?

And the thing about German is that it has four cases. I really don't think any language needs more than one. French has one (or none, from a certain POV), IIRC.

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

3. - Top - End - #63
    Barbarian in the Playground

Griffon

I can’t believe that I accidentally left out Water-Smurf’s latest chapter of “Pawns of the Gods” in my description of what’s been happening. Please don’t take offense Water-Smurf, you’re an excellent writer, I must have missed it when I was skimming the last pages.

On a positive note, here is part 3 of “Allegiance”:

Spoiler
    Show
    Miko watched as the hordes of hobgoblins prepared for battle. She saw the catapults fire the elementals at the walls and how they were breached. “The walls have failed!” she cried. Then she noticed a red-clad figure dismissing the elementals. “It’s the elf from the Order of the Stick!” she exclaimed. Hinjo had clearly not understood her message. The Order were agents of the evil Xykon. They would aid Xykon in taking the city! They had to be stopped.

Hobgoblins and undead headed for the breaches. She had to aid in the city’s defense. “Nale, I’m heading to the walls!” she yelled and ran towards the opening. “Prepare for battle horde of evil!” she screeched as she drew her katana and wakizashi and ran into their midst. These soldiers were far below her level. She cut a path through them easily, but she was still being injured. After one such injury she heard a voice cry, “you hurt blue cape girl! thog like blue cape girl! thog rage!” A blur of green swept past her and dismembered limbs and heads went flying through the air. Thog was doing this for her. She felt touched but before she could do anything else, Xykon appeared over the wall, riding a dragon. After killing Sangwaan, his partner Greenhilt had jumped aboard. “Thog I’ve got to get into the city!” Miko yelled.
    “thog come with you!” he replied. The breach was guarded by giant soldiers whom were picking off the hobgoblins as if they were nothing. At least that seemed to be working, but wait, next to the breach there was, …another Xykon? Some kind of demonic trickery was at work here. The other Xykon rode his undead steed through the breach and decapitated the soldiers. Her duty was clear.

By the time she cut her way though to the breach, only this Xykon and his minion, the wicked elf, were left. She had to avenge her people. “Smite evil!” she cried bringing down her katana onto his skull.
    “Ow!” he yelled, “Ooh, a paladin. This will be good. And I see you’ve brought someone else with you. Excellent. More lives to slay.” Miko turned and saw Thog enter the breach. He was still fighting for her. She ran up to him and cried, “No, Thog! It’s too dangerous! This is my duty!”
    “How touching.” sneered the Xykon near the elf.
    “You are on first name terms with the idiot half-orc?” questioned the elf.
    “None of your business, minion of evil!” snarled Miko.
    “I find this highly ironic, yet I fail to appreciate it.” the elf commented. Suddenly a dragon’s head fell from the sky and crushed this Xykon. “A miracle from the twelve gods!” gasped Miko. “Now I only have to deal with you!” The elf was starring at the sky and said, “I believe that there are other problems of a more immediate concern.” before pointing up. Another Xykon was flying towards the castle. “He’s heading for the throne room!” gasped Miko and she ran after him.
    “thog come with you!” came a voice from behind.

“Lord Shojo!” exclaimed O-Chul from the throne room, “How did you get here?”
    “The prisons are destroyed.” answered Shojo, “It was easy to escape. I am not going to sit in prison while the gate is at risk. I am going to sit on my throne and if Xykon kills me, perhaps it will have delayed him a little and I don’t have much of a life left anyway, being an old man in prison. Now stand aside, all of you, so I can sit down.”

Miko was worried. The path that she had originally chosen through the castle was blocked by debris and they had to take another route. It had significantly delayed them. When they arrived at the throne room she saw the traitorous Lord Shojo covered in blood and surrounded by the bodies of dead paladins. O-Chul was poised to strike the gate but for some reason wasn’t moving. Then she heard the voice of Xykon. They were defeated! “Thog, smash the gem in the throne, now!” she ordered. “No, don’t Miko!” groaned the obviously critically wounded Shojo, but Thog’s axe swing through the air and hit its mark. Light. Color. Sound. There were too many sensations. She was flying through the air. She hit the ground. The pain was everywhere.

Part 4 should be coming soon. I just have to decide whether this is enough to
    Spoiler
    Show
    make Miko fall, or whether I should leave that for excessive “associating” with evil. Either way it will be soon. Eh, I’ll probably just go with the one that’s better for my plot.

Incidentally, I haven’t shipped myself yet, I’m thinking that I should before the 7th thread. It will be difficult to write myself IC in a romantic situation but oh well.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Banned

tongue Re: Crack Pairings VI - We've Finally Stooped to Shipping Ourselves

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Stryke View Post
    I've noticed she's wearing Xykon's crown. Is this a good, evil, or neutral ending? I'm guessing not evil.

Nah its just BADDASS! Just stick it on ANYTHING! BADDASS!
    But seriosly this is a Neutral Good Ending. The Crown Is just kinda Cute. Plus thi is to sorta wash away the evils of the previose wearer.

Whenever I draw a pic I come up with a story along with it, like the evil Tiasal

"Hmmmm why would she be wearing Xycons crown....Because she killed him with a Disrupting Weapon of course! Hmmm why are her eyes mismatching....Because she went partialy insane with confusion that is! Who skull is it on top of her staff....Xycon? Nah Boring...I know Reddy cause Xycon commanded her to kill him"

Also the menacing snarl on her face was actualy natural because of her pionty teeth

So I cant "Just Draw" I usualy come up with something.

I didnt want the dress to be revealing (Maybe its inheratence) so its just a plain old dress. Thanks for the comments!
    Last edited by Oooohaloophole; 2010-01-15 at 09:11 AM.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Stryke View Post

Xykon gave it to her.

He found something way more badass to wear.
    This post may contain sarcasm.
    DeviantArt

6. - Top - End - #66
    Banned

smile Re: Crack Pairings VI - We've Finally Stooped to Shipping Ourselves

Quote Originally Posted by Zanaril View Post
    Xykon gave it to her.

He found something way more badass to wear.
    Are you kidding? NOTHING is more baddass than that Crown. It represents Her leadership in a Magics Guild.

Also Yuriel, How DO you make yourself Draw fanservice? I was halfay on the second leg and My feminist slapped me and called me a pervert.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Oooohaloophole View Post
    Are you kidding? NOTHING is more baddass than that Crown.
    What about a bigger crown?
    Last edited by Zanaril; 2010-01-15 at 12:26 PM.
    DeviantArt

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

What about a bigger crown?
    nope tencharacters

9. - Top - End - #69
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Lemme see...I'm gonna take advantage of the title.

HaleyxMyself

*I awake with my head and body on fire. I wince in pain as I bring my hands to my face, surprised to feel a tight bandage wrapped around my head. I can hear footsteps on the sand*

"Oh, you are awake! Thank the Gods. You were a mess when I found you."

*That voice sounded so light, so smooth. I heard the person drop what sounded like arrows as she stooped down next to me. I felt her hands on my forehead.*

Me: W-Where am I? Why do I have this on me?

"Um...yah...your eyes were pretty much destroyed. V healed as much as she could. You're in my tent in the middle of the desert of the Western Continent. What happened out there?"

Me: The last thing I remember was that worm-

"Wait! Was it huge and purple?"

Me: Maybe, why?

"Because that's what we were using to get here...oh crap."

Me: *before she speaks* It's okay. I'm pretty sure you didn't mean to unleash the worm on me.

"Ugh! It doesn't change the fact that we indirectly blinded you. See, this is what happens when we forget about the NPCs! Dammit!"

Me: Can I have some water, missus...

Call me Haley. *she gives me water, which I drink gratefully* I take it you're a warrior?

Me: Yeah. I'm a member of the Order of the Thorn.

Order of the Thorn?

Me: Yeah, just founded last week in a village in "Empire of Blood".

Then what were you doing all the way down here?

Me: I wanted to see if there were ancient ruins buried here. Being a scout, I set out on my own...then that worm came.

Wow...and we, the Order of the Stick, screwed that up.

Me: *laughs* Don't worry. What are you doing out here, Haley?

Well, it's a long story, best to take it with our party leader, Roy. Here.

*She helps me up and gives me a stick*

Me: Lead on, Haley!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    That's just PART I of this crack paring. How did you all like it so far?
    Last edited by Belkster11; 2010-01-15 at 12:46 PM.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Dwarf in the Playground

Also Yuriel, How DO you make yourself Draw fanservice? I was halfay on the second leg and My feminist slapped me and called me a pervert.
    My nickname is Yiuel, and...

Well, what else than just do it? I know of no people more feminist than me, but it's just having fun. It's not as if guys couldn't do the same thing. So if you are concerned about gender equality, well just do one of the other sex (and let the girls, and Joan, go squee).

I did one, and if Raging Gene Ray wants to review it (which he did and approved)...
    Last edited by Yiuel; 2010-01-15 at 02:24 PM.
    Beware the many wrong things in this spoiler!
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Order of the Stick Jr.
    Meet : Alexander, Joan, Ross, Leilandius, Hitomi, Ngoc and Arduvanius

As interpreted (and drawn) by yours truly, Yiuel

Yiuel LeMelvillois
    Only on blank paper do we write the best stories...

11. - Top - End - #71

Oh, for the love of...
    *waves*

Quote Originally Posted by Taekwondodo View Post
    How long do old threads usually sit around for (after being closed)? Will we have to move old stories to another storage facility sometime or face losing them?
    Could be good Belkster11, nice start.
    Last edited by Taekwondodo; 2010-01-15 at 02:14 PM.
    Avatar by me...yup that's how good my drawing is. As in not very good.

Crack-Pairings, Not Dead Just Moved. Someone Hasn't Been Looking In The Right Places.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Caleniel View Post
    Taekwondodo - your nick and your avatar are terrific. I want to award you something... how about enough melons to see you through the next ice age?

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Taekwondodo View Post
    Oh, for the love of...
    *waves*
    I think they sit around until there's a thread purge, which is announced.

Even then, some threads don't get deleted (such as old OOTS discussion threads). We might be able to argue a case for the crack pairing threads.
    Last edited by Zanaril; 2010-01-15 at 02:15 PM.
    DeviantArt

13. - Top - End - #73
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Hmmmm...not sure where to go from here. :/

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, BTW Coffee there was another reason Radic started crying. You see, she did not understand that the young man didn't understand... she thought just drinking tea was a nice way of saying "You're ugly, so I don't want to have sex with you." Which is a horrible thing to say to a girl (boys get used to it.)

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

15. - Top - End - #75
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    Oh, BTW Coffee there was another reason Radic started crying. You see, she did not understand that the young man didn't understand... she thought just drinking tea was a nice way of saying "You're ugly, so I don't want to have sex with you." Which is a horrible thing to say to a girl (boys get used to it.)
    I'm a girl. I think I'm already aware of that.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

Alright, I've finally caught up with what I missed on the last thread.

@Closak: Your fascination with the ABD continues to reach more and more bizarre heights of...disturbance with your newest piece. ...Good job?

@ShinyDelusion: I loved the Nale/Sabine story, as usual. Keep it up, my good man.

@Sereg: I love what you're doing with the Miko/Thog story. Incredibly entertaining.

@Water-Smurf: The new chapter of Pawn of the Gods is fantastic. I like how well you've been able to give personality to a character who's only appeared for a few brief panels like Mijung. That shows some real talent.

@Eztheria: Nice plans. I call one of the soundproofed music rooms. One of those rooms is mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubi
    The problem I have is with tense. (such as past tense, present tense and future tense)
    I'm taking German myself, and I have the same problems. The tense seems to be a point of difficulty for a lot of people learning German.

As for myself, I should hopefully have chapter five of Orphans up by Monday, if anyone is still interested.
    Assistant Executioneer of the Fanclub

Grunt Spearman of the Fanclub

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nathander View Post
    I'm taking German myself, and I have the same problems. The tense seems to be a point of difficulty for a lot of people learning German.
    Really? My sticking point was the gendered nouns.
    DeviantArt

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeIncluded View Post
    I'm a girl. I think I'm already aware of that.
    Challenge: Write a crack pairing in Latin (and post a translation as well.)
    Last edited by Asta Kask; 2010-01-15 at 03:24 PM.

― Tim Fargo

19. - Top - End - #79
    Colossus in the Playground

I honestly don't know if I can do that. Plus I'm working on Murphy's Law right now.
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2010-01-15 at 03:28 PM.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

Really? My sticking point was the gendered nouns.
    I'll be honest: the gendered nouns kinda get me too. Truth be told, I suck all around in German but I've been taking it anyway because it's part of my heritage and I'd like a better understanding/connection between where I am and where I came from.

As hokey as I'm sure that sounds, its really my reason for taking it.
    Assistant Executioneer of the Fanclub

Grunt Spearman of the Fanclub

21. - Top - End - #81

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Belkster11 View Post
    Lemme see...I'm gonna take advantage of the title.

HaleyxMyself
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    That's just PART I of this crack paring. How did you all like it so far?
    A nice start Belkster11.

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeIncluded View Post
    I honestly don't know if I can do that. Plus I'm working on Murphy's Law right now.
    Well, give it a try. The worst that could happen is it could turn into Haley's Cryptograms.

But, of coarse, finish Murphy's Law first.
    Your local Cleric.

Cleric of the Murphy's Law Thread
    (yes, that is possible)

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

I'll be honest: the gendered nouns kinda get me too. Truth be told, I suck all around in German but I've been taking it anyway because it's part of my heritage and I'd like a better understanding/connection between where I am and where I came from.

Have you read The Awful German Language, by Mark Twain?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
    To continue with the German genders: a tree is male, its buds are female, its leaves are neuter; horses are sexless, dogs are male, cats are female -- tomcats included, of course; a person's mouth, neck, bosom, elbows, fingers, nails, feet, and body are of the male sex, and his head is male or neuter according to the word selected to signify it, and not according to the sex of the individual who wears it -- for in Germany all the women either male heads or sexless ones; a person's nose, lips, shoulders, breast, hands, and toes are of the female sex; and his hair, ears, eyes, chin, legs, knees, heart, and conscience haven't any sex at all. The inventor of the language probably got what he knew about a conscience from hearsay.
    One thing Russian had going for it was that it was easy to tell which gender a noun was.
    Last edited by Asta Kask; 2010-01-15 at 03:50 PM.

― Tim Fargo

23. - Top - End - #83
    Orc in the Playground

As for myself, I should hopefully have chapter five of Orphans up by Monday, if anyone is still interested.
    I am! I am!

...And that is how I met your father.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

...I took it because my parents wanted me to take a language. I finally pursuaded them it was a bad decision... about half a year before the final exam.

On the bright side, a C grade is still a pass, and a GSCE in a foreign language is still worth having.
    Last edited by Zanaril; 2010-01-15 at 04:10 PM.
    DeviantArt

25. - Top - End - #85
    Orc in the Playground

...I took it because my parents wanted me to take a language. I finally pursuaded them it was a bad decision... about half a year before the final exam.

On the bright side, a C grade is still a pass, and a GSCE in a foreign language is still worth having.
    My Mom made me take a foreign language as well. Our discussion went something like this:

Mom: I'm signing you up for Spanish III.
    Me: ... I haven't taken Spanish I or II.
    Mom: ... You haven't? Well, you'll figure it out. You're pretty smart, right?
    Me:

And yet, I am getting the highest grade in the class. Which is really odd, because about half of my classmates speak Spanish fluently.

...And that is how I met your father.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

Suggestion for thread title: I am Holding an Elf by the Ears

(from Latin proverb - Auribus Teneo Lupum - if someone could translate it to Latin it would be even better. According to WikiAnswers, Latin for Elf is nympha, which is certainly appropriate for this thread.)

Auribus Teneo Nympham?

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    And yet, I am getting the highest grade in the class. Which is really odd, because about half of my classmates speak Spanish fluently.
    Apparently your mother was right - you are pretty smart. Good on you, girl!
    Last edited by Asta Kask; 2010-01-15 at 04:35 PM.

― Tim Fargo

27. - Top - End - #87

Yeah I noticed, So Without further adoo Another Pic
    She looks a bit like her mother. ^.^

So is this a Neutral Good ending?

Quote Originally Posted by Raging Gene Ray View Post
    Did Water-Smurf ever give Tiasal a familiar in canon? I haven't read that far into the sprawling V/Redcloak saga.

If the familiar isn't canon...I'd think I'm going to name it Hunter. Either that or Gonzo.
    She doesn't have a familiar. Maybe she will at some point, but the reader doesn't know.

@Water-Smurf: The new chapter of Pawn of the Gods is fantastic. I like how well you've been able to give personality to a character who's only appeared for a few brief panels like Mijung. That shows some real talent.
    *blushes shyly* Thank you.

But if you don't mind, would you help me articulate Mijung's and Yutrin's personalities and their relationship dynamic? I have an impression in my mind, but I really need to bounce the ideas here to flesh them out...

Ah, Latin. :P So simple, yet so complicated.

Speaking of which, I just took a test on it. Keep your fingers crossed! :D

EDIT: Oh yeah, and what do you guys think will happen in CoP? I know what I want to write, but I need something to jog my muse. Any speculation?
    Last edited by Water-Smurf; 2010-01-15 at 05:00 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

The April Squickies Award for Best Crack Pairing Story

Thank you so much to Kaytara for the avatar! It's of Redcloak's and Vaarsuvius's love child.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Dwarf in the Playground

So here it is, Tiasal.

Spoiler
    Show

(I made this while showing a friend of mine how to use Inkscape to create drawings using OotS-style.)
    Beware the many wrong things in this spoiler!
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Order of the Stick Jr.
    Meet : Alexander, Joan, Ross, Leilandius, Hitomi, Ngoc and Arduvanius

As interpreted (and drawn) by yours truly, Yiuel

Yiuel LeMelvillois
    Only on blank paper do we write the best stories...

29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    His allies were all dying around him, Redcloak could do nothing but look on in despair. “hey, why don't you help me instead of just standing there you moron?” Xykon asked in his guttural undead voice. Redcloak would honestly be relieved if Xykon died at this point, but his comrades, jirix they were all dying and the adventuring group from the dungeon of Dorukan were killing them as well as Xykon. Redcloak actually couldn't believe it. The adventurer's were somehow hurting Xykon could they possibly...... “Redcloak! Healing now! Or at least kill one of these guys! Preferably blueplate!” “It's Greenhilt you undead Bastard!” The warrior said as he brought an especially powerful blow down upon the Lich's skull. Redcloak thought about it and realized the best way to get out of this, and they might even live. “Disintegrate!” He cried pointing his finger at Xykon and the Lich turned into a pile of dust. “we surrender!” redcloak shouted and held his hands up. Upon seeing this the hobgoblins followed suit and dropped their weapons. The leader of the group, a mister “greenhilt” came up to redcloak, his blade still out and said “why should we trust you?” Redcloak pulled off his holy symbol and handed it to the human. “here's Xykon's phylactery. Destroy it, make sure he doesn't come back.” Roy took the symbol quizzically and said “you still havent' explained why we should let you go.” Redcloak looked into his eyes and said “ I started this plan in order to give my race a fair shake. We've been used as nothing more than xp for you humans to level up. Instead of helping my race I've been killing them. I'm sick of it, I'm sick of all the people I care about dying around me. I'm done with the plan.” he says as he takes off his cloak and hands it to the fighter. “here. Take it. I can do my Job of making life better for goblins in other ways that involve less death.” There was a long pause as Roy contemplated what to do and then Haley spoke up “he's not lying Roy, I can tell” “are you sure?” Haley paused and said “I'm sure.” “Fine” Roy said and tossed the phylactery on the ground as he drew his sword back, bringing it down and cleaving the symbol in two. “we're done here. Lets go” The human who's name was apparently Roy said and everybody on his side started leaving. After they left one of the hobgoblins came up and asked him “what are we going to do now master?” Redcloak thought for a minute. Back to the day when Xykon found him again and remembered right eye's house. “I think we should start making peace with humans rather than war. Other than that, I need to go home.”

Redcloak left, never to return to Azure city. He went back to where his brother's family had died and looked around. The skeletons of his brother's family were still there along with several others that had lived in the village. “well, guess I should get started” he said and began burying the bones.
    part 1

Yeah, I probably suck at writing these.

30. - Top - End - #90

Quote Originally Posted by Water-Smurf View Post
    She doesn't have a familiar. Maybe she will at some point, but the reader doesn't know.
    Familiars cost 100 GP too, so yeah...

EDIT: Oh yeah, and what do you guys think will happen in CoP? I know what I want to write, but I need something to jog my muse. Any speculation?
    Which one is CoP again?
    It's been a bit, GitP. If you're reading this, you're either digging through old stuff, or I've posted for the first time in forever.

If you want to stay in touch, reach out to me on twitter (same username).

The best answer is always to ask your DM.
    Unless you're the DM, in which case you should talk to your players.