New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: The Hayle Region (IC)

Quote Originally Posted by Regalus View Post
    Adam's grin is immediately slapped off his face at the sound of THistle's cry of pain upon getting tossed into the brushfire; concern immediately replacing his confident grin, "Get out of there Thistle! Charge right back through where you came!" he called out, hoping the old adage of 'Stop, Drop and Roll' would serve Thistle well.

With no time to think of something better Thistle rolled rapidly tossing the burning debris away from him in a rain of charred grass and embers before dashing back out of the flames and towards Darumaka; doing his best to ignore the heat and pain that clung to his outer layer.

Spoiler
    Show

Adam: Focused Training
    *AP: 2/5
    Thistle
    *HP: 29/41
    *Rollout
    **AC4: [roll0] (+2 from Focused Training, and 1 from AP)
    **Damage: [roll1] Physical Rock Damage, 2d6+10DB, +10 Defense Curl, +9ATK
    The Darumaka fell to Thistle's attack, whining in pain before it drifted into unconsciousness. Piri Piri, Leo's Darmanitan, raced out to the battlefield, its massive muscles churning. However, it only picked up its child, placed it on his back, and loped back to Leo who quickly healed the little pokemon up. Don't worry little one, I'll give you a good meal anyways.

He looked up to you and picked up a bag before walking over to you. That was a wonderful battle of type advantage Adam. I'm surprised at your ingenuity in choosing a fire type even though it seems like an unintuitive choice.
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2015-08-16 at 03:13 PM.
    Many thanks to Ceika for the wonderful avatar.

Aatos My medieval pokemon setting.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

Johto: Guardians of Legends as Julius Varro

World at War (PTA) as Francis May

GM of Exploring Aatos a Medieval PTA game.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

"Thanks!" Marcus says excitedly, momentarily distracted by the praise before watching Gelver get hit by the water jet. It did little to the Froakie, but it still brought the Trainer back to reality. The Trainer mentally takes a few notes on Water Gun before looking at the battlefield, hoping for the best with this next strike.

"Alright Gelver, keep it up! He's open now, so Pound away!"

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Gelver takes 11 damage!

Marcus: 2/5 AP
    Gelver: 42/53 HP, 4 Defense, 4 Special Defense, 15 Speed
    Focused Training, +1 Attack CS

Marcus uses Focused Training as a Standard Action!
    Marcus uses Chronicler on Water Gun as a Swift Action!

Gelver uses Pound!
    AC 2: (1d20+2)[5]
    Damage: (1d8+20)[25]
    Criticall: (1d8+6)[13]
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM

3. - Top - End - #63
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Dominic almost couldn't believe it. He won! Wait... why couldn't he believe it? He put in a lot more time at the gym practicing with Arlo than was probably healthy. He looked over at the others on the bench. If he'd seen any of them a quarter of the times he'd come it would have been a surprise to him. He put in the effort, with Arlo of course and the two of them were more than ready. Dominic grinned at the others waiting. Who knew how many of them were going to pass today. "Of course! Was there ever really any doubt?" He says, trying to forget how his nerves had nearly gotten the better of him.

Arlo is still rolling around, but less violently, more enjoying the sensation. "And uh... Yeah, we practiced that a lot. My old backpack is pretty much trashed now." He's still grinning at Savannah when he says that, folding his hands behind his head in classic style. "This is just the first step. The next time you see me back here, I'll be coming for my fifth badge." His grin widens at that, as Arlo comes to a rest, bumping against his leg before uncurling.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Thistle inched back as the lumbering giant of a mother ran towards them, out of respect he told himself, before turning around and barreling down towards Adam; only to jump and uncurl with a cheer, arms spread wide as Adam caught him. Giving a little spin to bleed off Thistle's momentum as the two cheered and shared a hug for a moment, before the sore chespin climbed up his arm and rested on his shoulder like a wet towel while his outer shell cooled.

However at Leo's comments Adam's brightened further, "Well it's like you guys taught us; it's Survival of the Fittests out there, adapt or die. So Thistle and me decided to prepare...you know, come up with a few plans on how to handle his weaknesses? Make them have to adapt to us. " he explained as he turned down his excitement a bit, actually scratching the nape of his neck bashfully of he explained what his fellow students no doubt believed was a dumb idea.

"You should see the stuff we've come up with to deal with Grass types," the newly approved young trainer added with a more earnest smile, an idea that brought a wide eager grin to Thistle's face. He'd been the one to come up wit it after all. "But really, I'm glad just glad it turned out so well against the real deal,"
    Last edited by Regalus; 2015-08-16 at 03:50 PM.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

Hug me, you know you want to.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    "Thanks!" Marcus says excitedly, momentarily distracted by the praise before watching Gelver get hit by the water jet. It did little to the Froakie, but it still brought the Trainer back to reality. The Trainer mentally takes a few notes on Water Gun before looking at the battlefield, hoping for the best with this next strike.

"Alright Gelver, keep it up! He's open now, so Pound away!"

Show
    Gelver takes 11 damage!

Gelver: 42/53 HP, 4 Defense, 4 Special Defense, 15 Speed
    Focused Training, +1 Attack CS

Marcus uses Chronicler on Water Gun as a Swift Action!

Gelver uses Pound!
    AC 2: (1d20)[12]
    Damage: (2d8+18)[34]
    Criticall: (2d6+8)[15]
    The spheal deftly hopped into the water before spraying another gout of water at the Froakie, attempting to deal what damage it could.

Spoiler
    Show
    Water Gun: AC 2 Special Water Damage
    (1d20)[12]
    (2d8+18)[34], on crit (2d6+8)[15]

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jacior View Post
    Dominic almost couldn't believe it. He won! Wait... why couldn't he believe it? He put in a lot more time at the gym practicing with Arlo than was probably healthy. He looked over at the others on the bench. If he'd seen any of them a quarter of the times he'd come it would have been a surprise to him. He put in the effort, with Arlo of course and the two of them were more than ready. Dominic grinned at the others waiting. Who knew how many of them were going to pass today. "Of course! Was there ever really any doubt?" He says, trying to forget how his nerves had nearly gotten the better of him.

Arlo is still rolling around, but less violently, more enjoying the sensation. "And uh... Yeah, we practiced that a lot. My old backpack is pretty much trashed now." He's still grinning at Savannah when he says that, folding his hands behind his head in classic style. "This is just the first step. The next time you see me back here, I'll be coming for my fifth badge." His grin widens at that, as Arlo comes to a rest, bumping against his leg before uncurling.
    Savannah smiled. I have no doubt that you'll make it back, and I expect to see a lot of growth between now and then. And, speaking of backpacks, I actually have a new one for you. She removes the backpack that she wore and handed it to you.

Inside are the vital tools for any pokemon trainer. First I've given you five pokeballs to add new members to your team. Additionally I've packed three full heals, three potions, and three bandages, all of which are useful medical supplies especially for when you're out of town.

She hands the pack to you before pulling out three more objects from her pockets. I've got a few other things for you. The first is a TM of Bulldoze, its a ground typed move that can slow down all the opponents next to Arlo when in battle, and its damage isn't anything to sneeze at.

This is a Persim Berry, its able to cure Arlo of any sort of confusion tactics that an opponent might use. Feed it to him and he'll be able to cash in on its affects at any time.

Now this is your pokegear.
    She hands you a small phone-like appliance. Its a phone, a gps, a map, and several other useful things. Its solar powered too, so it shouldn't die easily. And this, is your Trainer License. She pulls out a plastic card with your face and name on it. You'll need it to get your pokemon healed, to buy supplies, and a variety of other essential things as a trainer, so never lose it. Additionally it shows your Trainer Rank, which goes up with every badge you earn, granting you more rights and privileges as you grow stronger. Right now your rank is at 0, meaning you're a rookie trainer, but that'll change soon I hope.

She packed the contents of the bag again and handed it off to you. I hope that wasn't too much information Dominic, but its all important. Do you have any questions for me?

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ettin in the Playground

Thistle inched back as the lumbering giant of a mother ran towards them, out of respect he told himself, before turning around and barreling down towards Adam; only to jump and uncurl with a cheer, arms spread wide as Adam caught him. Giving a little spin to bleed off Thistle's momentum as the two cheered and shared a hug for a moment, before the sore chespin climbed up his arm and rested on his shoulder like a wet towel while his outer shell cooled.

However at Leo's comments Adam's brightened further, "Well it's like you guys taught us; it's Survival of the Fittests out there, adapt or die. So Thistle and me decided to prepare...you know, come up with a few plans on how to handle his weaknesses? Make them have to adapt to us. " he explained as he turned down his excitement a bit, actually scratching the nape of his neck bashfully of he explained what his fellow students no doubt believed was a dumb idea.

"You should see the stuff we've come up with to deal with Grass types," the newly approved young trainer added with a more earnest smile, an idea that brought a wide eager grin to Thistle's face. He'd been the one to come up wit it after all. "But really, I'm glad just glad it turned out so well against the real deal,"
    Leo nodded in agreement. Preparation is the first step to success in any endeavor, but especially as a trainer, and it clearly payed off in your case. It was certainly a fun battle on my end. But now its time for your rewards.

The leader quickly retrieved a backpack from the wall and brought it over to you, opening it so you could see the clutter of objects inside. He first pulled out a slim cellular phone, which were rare in the region. This is your pokegear, an electronic solar powered phone, map, and generally useful item.

He then handed you what looked like a credit card. And this is your Trainer License, which proves your membership in the league and grants access to many locations. You'll need it pretty much anywhere you go. Right now you're a newbie trainer, or a Rank 0. Beat gyms and you'll raise in rank. Never lose this card, because its your link to our world.

He finally turned his attention to what was in most of the pack. I've also packed you five pokeballs, three potions, three full heals, and three bandages, all important for any starting trainer. There's also a TM of Seed Bomb, a powerful ranged grass move that will allow Thistle to hit pokemon outside of melee range.

Smiling happily, he also pulled about a bit of tupperware from the bottom of the bag. And this is a little snack that I made myself. It's called a Spicy Wrap, and it'll boost the damage of one of Thistle's physical moves if you need a bit of umph. You'll see that my business card is taped to the lid? It's a voucher for one meal at my restaurant, the Cosmic Cafe. Use it anytime you need a hearty meal in your stomach, but only come if you like Spicy food, because that's all we cook!

He rezips the bag and deftly hands it to you. I think I covered everything, but let me know if you ever have any questions! After you get a few badges under your belt I'd love it if you returned so we can have a real battle.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

Marcus can't help but flinch as his Pokemon is hit by another jet of water, wincing as his Froakie became visibly injured by the attack.

"Alright Gelver, get out of the water and hit him again! Pound!"

The frog, while injured, continues to follow orders, leaping free of the water and striking the Spheal once more.

Show
    Gelver takes 15 damage! Gelver gains an Injury for passing 50% HP.

Gelver: 27/53 HP, 4 Defense, 4 Special Defense, 15 Speed
    Focused Training (+1 Accuracy, +2 Skill Checks), +1 Attack CS, 1 Injury

Gelver uses Pound!
    AC 2: (1d20+2)[18]
    Damage: (1d8+20)[23]
    Criticall: (1d8+6)[14]

Gelver Disengages to N5!

Show

9. - Top - End - #69
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    Lillian nodded approvingly. A good solution to my Ratatta's attack power, as it has only melee attacks. Now show me what you plan to do from here.

Spoiler
    Show
    Rattata cannot do anything until you move into melee range, so feel free to just do whatever until you're ready to come into melee range
    Spoiler: Stats
    Show
    Ray - Health: 57 Initiative: 10 Evasions: ATK 1 SATK 1 ANY 2 Injuries: 0 AP: 5 (Will become 3)
    Jasper - Health: 22 Intiative: 20 Evasions: ATK 1 SATK 1 ANY 4 Injuries: 0

For the next few moments, Raymond had Jasper circle around the Rattata, screeching at it as it fired more strands of webbing, shaking his opponent's resolve and slowing it down further until it was practically immobile. "Alright! Let's finish this! Jasper, use Leech Life!" The Joltik immediately lunged toward Rattata, attempting to drain its energy to damage the Rattata and heal itself.

Spoiler: Round 4?
    Show
    Raymond takes a standard action and spends 2 AP to bind the Iterative Evolution feature.

Jasper moves to L9 and attempts to attack with Leech Life. AC for the attack is 2, not sure what Rattata's evasion is. Accuracy roll is: (1d20)[12]

Damage: (1d8+15)[21] (1d8+6 base + 5 stats + 4 feature) Critical Damage: (1d8+6)[9] If successful, Jasper gets HP back equal to half the damage dealt.
    Awesome avatar by Dashwood

“Had every Athenian citizen been a Socrates, every Athenian assembly would still have been a mob.” -- The Federalist No. 55

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ettin in the Playground

Marcus can't help but flinch as his Pokemon is hit by another jet of water, wincing as his Froakie became visibly injured by the attack.

"Alright Gelver, get out of the water and hit him again! Pound!"

The frog, while injured, continues to follow orders, leaping free of the water and striking the Spheal once more.

Show
    Gelver takes 15 damage! Gelver gains an Injury for passing 50% HP.

Gelver: 27/53 HP, 4 Defense, 4 Special Defense, 15 Speed

Gelver uses Pound!
    AC 2: [roll0]
    Damage: [roll1]
    Criticall: [roll2]

Gelver Disengages to N5!
    Then we'll retreat as well. Spheal, one more water gun and then dive underneath the water! The spheal spurts another bout of water at Gelver and then dives beneath the surface, going all the way to the bottom of the pool.

Spoiler
    Show
    Water Gun!!

[roll0] AC 2
    [roll1], on crit [roll2]

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Venetian View Post
    Show
    Ray - Health: 57 Initiative: 10 Evasions: ATK 1 SATK 1 ANY 2 Injuries: 0 AP: 5 (Will become 3)
    Jasper - Health: 22 Intiative: 20 Evasions: ATK 1 SATK 1 ANY 4 Injuries: 0

For the next few moments, Raymond had Jasper circle around the Rattata, screeching at it as it fired more strands of webbing, shaking his opponent's resolve and slowing it down further until it was practically immobile. "Alright! Let's finish this! Jasper, use Leech Life!" The Joltik immediately lunged toward Rattata, attempting to drain its energy to damage the Rattata and heal itself.

Spoiler: Round 4?
    Show
    Raymond takes a standard action and spends 2 AP to bind the Iterative Evolution feature.

Jasper moves to L9 and attempts to attack with Leech Life. AC for the attack is 2, not sure what Rattata's evasion is. Accuracy roll is: [roll0]

Damage: [roll1] (1d8+6 base + 5 stats + 4 feature) Critical Damage: [roll2] If successful, Jasper gets HP back equal to half the damage dealt.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Jasper gains 10 HP

The rattata gasped in pain as the Joltik's jaws dug deep into its hide. It tried to bite back, but the electricity still coursing through its veins kept it frozen in place.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

"Gelver, don't let it get away! Follow and Pound!" Marcus cries as the Spheal flees. "Dive down and finish this!" Marcus says, watching as the frog dives underwater to attack the Spheal, squinting to try to see what happens below the sea.

Show
    Gelver takes 9 damage!

Gelver: 18/53 HP, 4 Defense, 4 Special Defense, 15 Speed

Gelver uses Pound!
    AC 2: (1d20+2)[8]
    Damage: (1d8+20)[22]
    Criticall: (1d8+6)[12]

Show

13. - Top - End - #73
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Jasper gains 10 HP

The rattata gasped in pain as the Joltik's jaws dug deep into its hide. It tried to bite back, but the electricity still coursing through its veins kept it frozen in place.
    Show
    Ray - Health: 57 Initiative: 10 Evasions: ATK 1 SATK 1 ANY 2 Injuries: 0 AP: 5 (2 Bound)
    Jasper - Health: 32 Intiative: 20 Evasions: ATK 1 SATK 1 ANY 4 Injuries: 0

Ray let out a cheer as Jasper's attack connected and the Rattata wasn't able to retaliate. Things were definitely going his way now. "That's it, Jasper! Don't let up! Use Leech Life again!" The Joltik rushed forward again and attempted to strike once more.

Spoiler: Round 5
    Show
    First verse, same as the first.

Ray's keeping the 2 AP bound.

Jasper will attack with Leech Life again. AC is 2. Accuracy Roll: (1d20)[15]

Damage: (1d8+15)[16] Critical Damage: (1d8+6)[13] Jasper regains HP equal to half the damage dealt.

“Had every Athenian citizen been a Socrates, every Athenian assembly would still have been a mob.” -- The Federalist No. 55

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ettin in the Playground

"Gelver, don't let it get away! Follow and Pound!" Marcus cries as the Spheal flees. "Dive down and finish this!" Marcus says, watching as the frog dives underwater to attack the Spheal, squinting to try to see what happens below the sea.

Show
    Gelver takes 9 damage!

Gelver: 18/53 HP, 4 Defense, 4 Special Defense, 15 Speed

Gelver uses Pound!
    AC 2: (1d20)[16]
    Damage: (1d6+17)[23]
    Criticall: (1d6+5)[9]
    The Spheal whimpered, nearly down but not quite. A good strike Marcus, but you've entered our offensive range. Rollout! The pokemon began spinning rapidly and charged your Froakie.

Spoiler
    Show
    Rollout!!

AC 3 (1d20)[16]
    Damage (Physical Rock] (1d6+17)[23]
    On crit (1d6+5)[9]

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ettin in the Playground

Show
    Ray - Health: 57 Initiative: 10 Evasions: ATK 1 SATK 1 ANY 2 Injuries: 0 AP: 5 (2 Bound)
    Jasper - Health: 32 Intiative: 20 Evasions: ATK 1 SATK 1 ANY 4 Injuries: 0

Ray let out a cheer as Jasper's attack connected and the Rattata wasn't able to retaliate. Things were definitely going his way now. "That's it, Jasper! Don't let up! Use Leech Life again!" The Joltik rushed forward again and attempted to strike once more.

Spoiler: Round 5
    Show
    First verse, same as the first.

Ray's keeping the 2 AP bound.

Jasper will attack with Leech Life again. AC is 2. Accuracy Roll: [roll0]

Damage: [roll1] Critical Damage: [roll2] Jasper regains HP equal to half the damage dealt.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Jasper gains 7hp

The rat gnashed its teeth, ready for one final attack before it went down, but again his paralysis held him back from attacking. Your thunder attack from earlier has payed back tenfold. It's good to see a youngster using status to his advantage. Too often they know only how to attack.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

"Gelver!" Marcus cries, thinking the frog to be unconscious before seeing that, somehow, it was still conscious. Maybe those Water Guns hadn't been as dangerous as he thought?

"Gelver, you have to end this! Pound, one more time!" Marcus cries, hoping his Froakie can finish the job.

Show
    Gelver takes 19 damage! But he also gets 15 back from the Water Gun the Spheal was Paralyzed for.

Marcus: 0/5 AP
    Gelver: 14/53 HP, 4 Defense, 4 Special Defense, 15 Speed

Marcus uses Chronicler on Rollout as a Swift Action!

Gelver uses Pound! Boosting AC with AP!
    AC 2: (1d20+3)[22]
    Damage: (1d8+20)[24]
    Criticall: (1d8+6)[13]

Show

17. - Top - End - #77
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Jasper gains 7hp

The rat gnashed its teeth, ready for one final attack before it went down, but again his paralysis held him back from attacking. Your thunder attack from earlier has payed back tenfold. It's good to see a youngster using status to his advantage. Too often they know only how to attack.
    Show
    Jasper - Health: 38 Intiative: 20 Evasions: ATK 1 SATK 1 ANY 4 Injuries: 0

Ray blushed a little at the older woman's compliment, rubbing the back of his neck in a show of modesty, "Oh, well, thank you, Ma'am!" When he remembered his situation, he quickly blurted out, "Jasper, finish it off with another Leech Life!"

Spoiler: Round 6
    Show
    Third time's the charm?

Jasper uses Leech Life again. AC 2. Accuracy Roll: (1d20)[14]

Damage: (1d8+15)[19] (1d8+6 + 5 from stats + 4 from feature) Critical Damage: (1d8+6)[7] If successful, Jasper regains HP equal to half the damage dealt.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ettin in the Playground

"Gelver!" Marcus cries, thinking the frog to be unconscious before seeing that, somehow, it was still conscious. Maybe those Water Guns hadn't been as dangerous as he thought?

"Gelver, you have to end this! Pound, one more time!" Marcus cries, hoping his Froakie can finish the job.

Show
    Gelver takes 19 damage! But he also gets 15 back from the Water Gun the Spheal was Paralyzed for.

Marcus: 0/5 AP
    Gelver: 14/53 HP, 4 Defense, 4 Special Defense, 15 Speed

Marcus uses Chronicler on Rollout as a Swift Action!

Gelver uses Pound! Boosting AC with AP!
    AC 2: [roll0]
    Damage: [roll1]
    Criticall: [roll2]

Gelvar's final hit was enough to send the Spheal spiraling to the bottom of the pool, where it lay unconscious. Without a word to you, Augustus dives headfirst into the water, completely ambitious to the fact that he was wearing a shirt made of cotton. And then he didn't come up. Just when you were starting to get uncomfortable with the time he spent underwater, the Spheal, fully healed now, surfaced and hopped out of the pool, where it began to roll its back into the warm concrete of the poolside. Another minute passed before he surfaced, having spent nearly five minutes underwater but not out of breath at all.

His shirt had been discarded, likely at the bottom of the pool, but he carried a backpack in his hands that certainly hadn't been with him before. He clambered out near you, soaking wet, with a wide grin on his face. There's nothing quite like the thrill of a close battle is there? Even at low levels there's nothing to get your heart racing more. Congratulations on passing the starter test Marcus! Your ability to effectively shut down my movement was what won you the battle, and it showed a spacial awareness rare in newbies. You have naturally what it takes many trainers years to obtain.

Spoiler
    Show
    20 exp and 5 trainer exp
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2015-08-16 at 07:40 PM.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ettin in the Playground

Show
    Jasper - Health: 38 Intiative: 20 Evasions: ATK 1 SATK 1 ANY 4 Injuries: 0

Ray blushed a little at the older woman's compliment, rubbing the back of his neck in a show of modesty, "Oh, well, thank you, Ma'am!" When he remembered his situation, he quickly blurted out, "Jasper, finish it off with another Leech Life!"

Spoiler: Round 6
    Show
    Third time's the charm?

Jasper uses Leech Life again. AC 2. Accuracy Roll: [roll0]

Damage: [roll1] (1d8+6 + 5 from stats + 4 from feature) Critical Damage: [roll2] If successful, Jasper regains HP equal to half the damage dealt.
    The rattata slumped to the ground, exhausted and with several bite marks present on its vivid purple fur. Lillian returned the pokemon to its ball and began walking towards you, a bright smile across her face. A wonderful starter battle Raymond. Congratulations for becoming an official pokemon trainer!

Spoiler
    Show
    20 exp for Jasper, 5 exp for you

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

Marcus looks slack-jawed at Augustus for a long moment, already knowing how he'd start Augustus' profile. Can hold breath for absurdly long time. Seriously though, did the man have gills?

"Uh, thanks," Marcus says, looking at Gelver with pride as the frog sat silently on the concrete, head tilted sideways as he looked at the Spheal with confusion. "I mean, thank you Mr. Gym Leader sir," the boy corrects, the confidence that had been there only five minutes ago quickly vanishing. "That means a lot. Hopefully in a few years we can battle again?" the boy says shyly, an awkward grin on his face.

Show

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ettin in the Playground

Marcus looks slack-jawed at Augustus for a long moment, already knowing how he'd start Augustus' profile. Can hold breath for absurdly long time. Seriously though, did the man have gills?

"Uh, thanks," Marcus says, looking at Gelver with pride as the frog sat silently on the concrete, head tilted sideways as he looked at the Spheal with confusion. "I mean, thank you Mr. Gym Leader sir," the boy corrects, the confidence that had been there only five minutes ago quickly vanishing. "That means a lot. Hopefully in a few years we can battle again?" the boy says shyly, an awkward grin on his face.
    Augustus laughed out loud when you called him Mr. Gym Leader. Augustus is fine. Preferred actually. We gym leaders aren't much to stand on ceremony. We're here to help after all.

The gym leader tosses the backpack at you that he brought up from the depths. There are some important supplies in there for any potential trainer. When you search through it you'll find five pokeballs, three potions, full heals, and bandages, and a sitrus berry, which will heal your little frog when its in need of a boost.

Additionally there's TM of Waterfall, a powerful physical water move that I noticed your Gelver lacks at the moment.

He pulled two more objects out of his soaked pockets. And then we have your pokegear he held out a cell phone for you to take. Phone, GPS, and map all in one. Its invaluable if you're out at sea because its powered by the sun and has the most accurate readings that the league can provide. You can even install a metal detector for a price if you want to try a bit of treasure hunting.

Augustus finally held out the thing that every prospective trainer dreamed about. And finally your trainer licesnse, which is your proof to be an official trainer. Never lose it. Right now you're rank 0, but you no doubt knew that already. It'll get you into the pokemon centers, pokemarts, and a variety of other essential services.

He scratched his head while thinking. I suppose that's about it. Any questions?

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #82
    Dwarf in the Playground

The rattata slumped to the ground, exhausted and with several bite marks present on its vivid purple fur. Lillian returned the pokemon to its ball and began walking towards you, a bright smile across her face. A wonderful starter battle Raymond. Congratulations for becoming an official pokemon trainer!

Spoiler
    Show
    20 exp for Jasper, 5 exp for you
    Raymond smiled and shrugged, again very modest, "Thank you, Ma'am." Jasper scuttled back, climbing up Ray's leg to perch on his shoulder once again, apparently quite satisfied with his 'meal'. "I'm glad for the opportunity. Maybe someday soon Jasper and I will be back to try for a badge?"

23. - Top - End - #83
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"You bet'cha! We'll be sure to give ya a run for your money, right Thistle?" Adam beamed, accepting the pack as Thistle give his own cheer of agreement; before sobering up a bit as he tried to think of anything he'd like to know before letting his nest fellow student take their shot at the gymleader. After all, the man himself had started as a local trainer so it would be a shame to let the chance pass him by.

"Hey, uhm, since you started around here too; do you have any suggestions or tips on where I should go from here? I figure I should probably train abit 'round town before headin' out, but any tips for a starting trainer would be really nice," Adam clumsily asked as he shifted mental gears.
    Last edited by Regalus; 2015-08-16 at 08:41 PM.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

"Sorry! Thanks Augustus," Marcus corrects, humbled by the gifts he was receiving from the Gym Leader. Gear, items, even a TM? It would seem Augustus didn't want him to set out on his journey without quite a bit of help.

"Just two questions," Marcus says as he begins to pack up his gear, recalling Gelver without another word to the Pokemon. "Any Pokemon Center can apply the TM, right?"

"My other question isn't quite as straight forward. Where would you recommend going from here?"
    the boy asks, a look of uncertainty on his face. "I was planning to head to Thousand Acres to try to get my first Badge, but I didn't know if you had a better recommendation."

Show

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ettin in the Playground

Raymond smiled and shrugged, again very modest, "Thank you, Ma'am." Jasper scuttled back, climbing up Ray's leg to perch on his shoulder once again, apparently quite satisfied with his 'meal'. "I'm glad for the opportunity. Maybe someday soon Jasper and I will be back to try for a badge?"
    Returning for the 4th or 5th badge is tradition, although some come back as soon as the 3rd. I always love it when young trainers return home. It's like a pidgey flying back to its ancestral nest during the summer. Almost as if its instinct.

Speaking of Pidgeys, three of them flew up to Lillian holding a bag and a cell phone. Ah yes, your supplies as you begin your journey. I'll give you the most important one first. She hands you the cell phone and a plastic card. This is your pokegear and your trainer license. Your pokegear is a cell phone and a map, which is vital for any beginning trainer. The card is your trainer license, your link to the world of pokemon training. Right now you're what's known as a Rank 0 trainer, a Starly who is flying for the first time. As you gain badges you will rise in rank. Never lose this card: it is essential for any of the services that trainers rely on.

In the backpack are five pokeballs for capturing pokemon, three each of full heals, potions, and bandages for healing pokemon, a Pecha berry that will cure any poison that your pokemon experience. Finally, there's a TM of Struggle Bug, a ranged bug type attack that will serve Jasper well.

I believe that's all I have for you. If you have any questions, now would be the time, but you can always return if you need assistance.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ettin in the Playground

"You bet'cha! We'll be sure to give ya a run for your money, right Thistle?" Adam beamed, accepting the pack as Thistle give his own cheer of agreement; before sobering up a bit as he tried to think of anything he'd like to know before letting his nest fellow student take their shot at the gymleader. After all, the man himself had started as a local trainer so it would be a shame to let the chance pass him by.

"Hey, uhm, since you started around here too; do you have any suggestions or tips on where I should go from here? I figure I should probably train abit 'round town before headin' out, but any tips for a starting trainer would be really nice," Adam clumsily asked as he shifted mental gears.
    Leo nodded. Wrystone has a variety of pokemon native to the wilds. While you're not of high enough rank to enter the Safari Zone, there are plenty of pokemon here for you to train against and capture. As for my recommendations? Make a bit of money before you head out. There are a bunch of shopkeepers around here who are need of trainers to do odd jobs around town. It's a good way to raise money early.

Oh, and I wouldn't go to Zahaard just yet. It's usually reserved for the tail end of a journey, and for good reason too.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ettin in the Playground

"Sorry! Thanks Augustus," Marcus corrects, humbled by the gifts he was receiving from the Gym Leader. Gear, items, even a TM? It would seem Augustus didn't want him to set out on his journey without quite a bit of help.

"Just two questions," Marcus says as he begins to pack up his gear, recalling Gelver without another word to the Pokemon. "Any Pokemon Center can apply the TM, right?"

"My other question isn't quite as straight forward. Where would you recommend going from here?"
    the boy asks, a look of uncertainty on his face. "I was planning to head to Thousand Acres to try to get my first Badge, but I didn't know if you had a better recommendation."
    Pokemon centers can administer TMs, yes. It's much safer to do so unless you have a wealth of medical knowledge.

As for places to head to first, Thousand Acres would be a wonderful location. Many students get one of their early battles there, and the wild pokemon are a bit easier to handle than out to the east or north.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

Marcus grins as Augustus confirms what he had already suspected. "Thanks again! I'll be back soon," Marcus says, his grin growing even broader as he leaves to go to the Pokemon Center, seeking to heal Gelver, get the Waterfall TM applied and take the time to flesh out his notes from the battle a little bit more.

Show

29. - Top - End - #89
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Adam nods in acknowledgement, "Yeah, I was thinking of maybe trying the Oasis next; since Thistle's good agaisnt most of their types, but I guess that might change depending on who ends up joining us," he says before allowing a slight frown, "Though I'm kinda worried about getting there; I've heard folks see it's really easy to get lost on the way there, and I'm not exactly used to that sort of place. Do you know what's the best way to get there?"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #90
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Dominic keeps grinning. "I hope you're not expecting too much growth... if I have it my way, I'll be back within a year!" He says glibly, if, surprisingly, with full confidence in himself. He stays quiet and listens when she explains everything and hands him the backpack. It's only when she finally hands him his license that his grin fades into a sort of blank stare as he holds it reverently. "You had it made up already?" His voice catches in his throat a bit and he quickly wipes his face with a sleeve before anything resembling tears could be seen.

"I um. What should I do next? Besides train for my first gym battle I mean?" Dominic seems a little askew, like, physically, before it becomes obvious why. Arlo is slowly climbing up his leg and side, trying to be a better part of the conversation.