New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 41 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: The Hayle Region (IC)

Were it an anime, big question marks would have appeared around Dominic's head. "Did I dis anyone? I don't remember dissing anyone. Though hearing about it, it seems like it would have been well deserved!" He laughs triumphantly at that and then holds out his hand. "Dominic Cypress, next League Champion. And you are?"

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    "Just about there," Marcus states. "Maybe five more minutes?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Good to go!
    As you approached the river, the trees began to thin out. As you were emerging into the clearing near the riverbank you heard two trumpeting sounds and caught a glimpse of two pokemon dashing off into the forest with wary glances in the direction you had come from. Apparently they had heard the sounds of approaching creatures and had decided to make a run for it. They were bluish-brown quadrupeds, and you caught a glimpse of large, floppy ears as they fled.

Should we chase after them or wait for another group of pokemon to come? Puck inquired, obviously unsure of what to do.

Spoiler
    Show

PokeEdu 6 to identify
    Perception if you'd like to make chase to them (you'll be needing sprint actions to keep up, as they are using them as well)
    Many thanks to Ceika for the wonderful avatar.

Aatos My medieval pokemon setting.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

Johto: Guardians of Legends as Julius Varro

World at War (PTA) as Francis May

GM of Exploring Aatos a Medieval PTA game.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Prehysterical View Post
    By now, it's clear to Gladia what comes next. Angus looks on anxiously as she unleashes another powerful swing.
    Spoiler: Round 10
    Show
    AC 3
    Accuracy: [roll0]
    Damage: [roll1]
    The Aron finally fell with a cry. Androssi quickly made her way to the pokemon and returned it to its ball. After storing it safely in her pocket she turned to you. Congratulations on passing my trainer battle. It is something that few accomplish, and you should take pride in being a trainer that hails from Zahaard. We're very different than the rest of the region, and it means that I can only let the best into our ranks.

Spoiler
    Show
    20 exp for Gladia, 5 for you!
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2015-08-17 at 10:31 PM.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Venetian View Post
    "Thank you, Ma'am," Ray said to the nurse before taking the pokeball back. He released Jasper about as quickly as Yellow did her pokemon and the little Joltik climbed up to his shoulder. The boy waved to the girl's bug pokemon, not really sure which one it was, "Hello, Perry! This is Jasper, he's a bug type and an electric type!"

He put the pokeball away, preferring to have Jasper on his shoulder, "Let's go look for some pokemon, though I gotta get back home before it gets too late."
    That's ok, we'll just look once and see if we find anything then! You and Yellow dashed off, making haste to the berry patch. When you arrived there weren't any pokemon nearby. Yellow had her Penny hop off of her shoulder and hide in the berry-filled bushes. At Yellow's command the bug began releasing a sweet scent that was sure to attract wild pokemon. The two of you quickly hid behind some bushes to see if a pokemon showed up.

After about five minutes of waiting, you heard some approaching sounds Two young rodents with vivid yellow skin appeared and began to sniff the bushes cautiously, looking for the source of the scent. Yellow let out a short gasp. Pikachu! They're electric types like Jasper. Oh I've always wanted one!

Spoiler
    Show
    We'll at the top of initiative. Map is up!

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jacior View Post
    Were it an anime, big question marks would have appeared around Dominic's head. "Did I dis anyone? I don't remember dissing anyone. Though hearing about it, it seems like it would have been well deserved!" He laughs triumphantly at that and then holds out his hand. "Dominic Cypress, next League Champion. And you are?"
    And that's exactly what I'm talking about. Until you beat me you have no right to say that you'll be the next Champion. My name is Katie Hawethorn, and you'd do well to remember it. You said you'd be willing to battle and I've come to collect on that promise. Now that she mentioned her name, it immediately clicked in your brain that she looked nearly identical to her mother the gym leader.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #186
    Titan in the Playground

"Depends on if you want a Phanpy!" Marcus says excitedly, sprinting off after the blue elephants. A Ground Type wasn't quite what he wanted for Acres, but it couldn't hurt! After all, Rock was a pretty close link to Ground, so taking out those Bugs and Flying types should be easy!

"Come on Gelver! Help us chase them down!" Marcus cries, flinging out his Froakie as he pursues the tiny elephants.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM

7. - Top - End - #187
    Firbolg in the Playground

He had been so nervous that he would fall on his face when a real challenge came, but Angus runs forward with joy and hugs the scuffed up Gladia. "You did it! I am so proud of you! You never gave up!" Silent as ever, Gladia's eye shone with pride and happiness. Looking up at Androssi, Angus is surprised that he feels somewhat bad at how things turn out. Awkwardly, he asks, "Could you please tell the little iron one that I am sorry? With respect, my lady, it was not a close fight." Bowing before her, Gladia held across his arms like a blade of the knights of old, Angus says, "I will uphold the knight's code and prove the strength of the Fortress, Lady Zahaard."

8. - Top - End - #188
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

"Oh! Sorry! I totally didn't recognize you. My bad." Dominic lets his hand fall, a little put off by how rude she was. "I'm uh, actually kind of in the middle of something right now... You wanna walk with me while I finish delivering these letters? Have you healed up your pokemon yet?" He walks over to the counter. "Arlo's all healed up by now, right?"

9. - Top - End - #189
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler: Stats
    Show
    Ray - HP: 57 Initiative: 10 Evasions: ATK 1 SATK 1 ANY 2 Injuries: 0
    Jasper - HP: 39 Initiative: 20 Evasions: ATK 1 SATK 1 ANY 4 Injuries: 0

Ray frowned a little at the sight of the Pikachus. He already had an electric type with his buddy Jasper. Still, it would make for good practice at least? He rose, nudging with his shoulder and letting Jasper leap from him to the top of the bush. Now would be a good opportunity to test out the new move that his friend had learned from Lillian. "Okay, Jasper! Attack the Pikachu with your Struggle Bug attack!"

Spoiler: Round 1
    Show
    Ray uses a standard action to bind 2 AP for the Iterative Evolution feature.

Jasper jumps to P4 and attempts to attack the Pikachu in P6 with Struggle Bug (AC 2). Accuracy Check: (1d20)[9]

Special Bug Damage (2d6+25)[35] (2d6+10 Base + 11 SATK + 4 Feature) Critical Damage: (2d6+10)[18] If successful it lowers the SATK of those hit by -1 CS.
    Awesome avatar by Dashwood

“Had every Athenian citizen been a Socrates, every Athenian assembly would still have been a mob.” -- The Federalist No. 55

10. - Top - End - #190
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    You wandered into many different stores, all sponsored by Varro Corp and all with different specialties. There was a basic supplies shop with pokeballs, potions, and other essential items. The Held Item shop was closed to those without a badge yet. There was even a food store that could supply you with Candy Bars, Moomoo Milk, Baby Food, and a variety of berries.

You did find a bulletin board for trainers and, while most of the jobs weren't appropriate for a new trainer, you saw one that looked promising.

"The Cosmic Cafe is always in need of odd jobs, drop by anytime and ask for Priscilla if you need a bit of quick cash. Prices vary. Rank 0+, pokemon required."

Browsing so many shops took a surprisingly long time, and an hour and a half passed by in a blur as you experienced so many new things. Even without a pokemon, the single object of your trainer license made Wrystone look like a whole new city.
    Adam felt another surge of giddiness of his new-found freedom, now being able to enter stores that wouldn't have even let him in before today; which in itself inevitably led to him greeting a few familiar faces and sharing the good news of his recent victory.

Though he made sure to take a few notes in his new pokegear during his travels; marking down the stores the most caught his eye and coming up with a short grocery list of things he hoped to buy...and how much they costed. Most of the goodies he'd hoped to nab were sadly well outside his budget, but hopefully that would be something he'd be able to change before long.

Satisfied with his progresss, the young man doubled back to the Center; hoping to inquire some info from the Cosmic Cafe after he picked up thistle, before heading home to great his mother with the news.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

Hug me, you know you want to.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ettin in the Playground

"Depends on if you want a Phanpy!" Marcus says excitedly, sprinting off after the blue elephants. A Ground Type wasn't quite what he wanted for Acres, but it couldn't hurt! After all, Rock was a pretty close link to Ground, so taking out those Bugs and Flying types should be easy!

"Come on Gelver! Help us chase them down!" Marcus cries, flinging out his Froakie as he pursues the tiny elephants.
    Puck nodded, and the two of you dashed off after the ground typed pokemon. While they were usually easy to follow from their crashing through the forest, they sometimes would disappear for a second before you picked up the sound of their movement again. The chase lasted for about three minutes before the two pokemon crashed out of the forest and into a forest clearing.

As they continued their trumpeting flight, you heard voices.

What?? Where did these two come from?
    Does it matter, they'd make a great addition to the team! Let's capture them.
    Leave them. a third voice commanded, obviously in command of the other two. You have more important things to do.

As you proceeded forwards you came to the edge of a forest clearing that the Phanpy fled through, you saw their tail ends proceeding cautiously into the underbrush. The voices came from three figures, all turned away from you. Two of them wore simple checkered masks, but the third, who had been the final voice, was wearing a full length ruffled dress with a high collar and flaring sleeves. She wore a golden mask ringed with large green feathers, leaving her face and hair completely covered. Even her hands were gloved, leaving no patch of skin uncovered. Thankfully they were still preoccupied with the pokemon and hadn't noticed you two yet.

That's Team Jamba Puck whispered. Puck - But what are they doing here?
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2015-08-18 at 07:37 PM.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ettin in the Playground

"Oh! Sorry! I totally didn't recognize you. My bad." Dominic lets his hand fall, a little put off by how rude she was. "I'm uh, actually kind of in the middle of something right now... You wanna walk with me while I finish delivering these letters? Have you healed up your pokemon yet?" He walks over to the counter. "Arlo's all healed up by now, right?"
    The nurse quickly retrieved Arlo's balls and handed it over to you. At the same time, Katie shook her head and gestured at the nurse.. I think I'll pass on that offer. I still have some things to discuss with Julia, so I'll just stick around here until you're done.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ettin in the Playground

He had been so nervous that he would fall on his face when a real challenge came, but Angus runs forward with joy and hugs the scuffed up Gladia. "You did it! I am so proud of you! You never gave up!" Silent as ever, Gladia's eye shone with pride and happiness. Looking up at Androssi, Angus is surprised that he feels somewhat bad at how things turn out. Awkwardly, he asks, "Could you please tell the little iron one that I am sorry? With respect, my lady, it was not a close fight." Bowing before her, Gladia held across his arms like a blade of the knights of old, Angus says, "I will uphold the knight's code and prove the strength of the Fortress, Lady Zahaard."
    It was closer than you think I believe. Fury cutter is a fickle move. It served you well today, but had Gladia missed even once its power would have diminished to barely even scratching the Aron. Luck favored you, but I would avoid relying on it going forward. She sighed. It was a well done battle however.

She had a backpack brought to her by an Alteria, which she handed to you. She explained the contents of what was inside: five pokeballs, three of each potions, full heals, and bandages. A TM of Gyro Ball, an attack that powers up the slower you are compared to your opponent. She also threw in a Rawst Berry to cure any burns that Gladia may receive.

She finally handed a small card over to you with your name and face on it. This is your trainer license. It's proof of membership to one of the most prestigious organizations in the world. If you ever lose this card you won't have access to many of the services that the League provides - shops, pokemon centers, and other vital things needed for a trainer. Right now you're a Rank 0 trainer, a new trainer who has yet to defeat a gym leader. As you rise in rank, you'll gain access to more goods and services around the region.

She sighed then, obviously unwilling to share the next bit of information. In addition i am required to notify you that you may receive a pokegear, electronic phone, if you desire one. I refuse for them to be housed in my Gym, but you can pick them up at any guardpost on the edge of town if you'd like one.

If you have any questions, now would be the time to ask them Angus.

Spoiler
    Show
    If you don't have any questions, don't actually leave the gym for your next post

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ettin in the Playground

Show

Ray frowned a little at the sight of the Pikachus. He already had an electric type with his buddy Jasper. Still, it would make for good practice at least? He rose, nudging with his shoulder and letting Jasper leap from him to the top of the bush. Now would be a good opportunity to test out the new move that his friend had learned from Lillian. "Okay, Jasper! Attack the Pikachu with your Struggle Bug attack!"

Spoiler: Round 1
    Show
    Ray uses a standard action to bind 2 AP for the Iterative Evolution feature.

Jasper jumps to P4 and attempts to attack the Pikachu in P6 with Struggle Bug (AC 2). Accuracy Check: (1d20)[2]

Special Bug Damage (1d8+19)[23] (2d6+10 Base + 11 SATK + 4 Feature) Critical Damage: (1d8+6)[9] If successful it lowers the SATK of those hit by -1 CS.
    The two pikachus glanced suddenly in the direction of bushes where you and Yellow were hiding. Sparks began to fly from their cheeks as if they were charging their energy. One of them dashes through the bushes in a blur to try and slam Jasper with his tail while the other blew the bug a kiss.

Spoiler
    Show

P1 uses quick attack AC 2 (1d20)[2]
    Physical normal damage (1d8+19)[23], on crit (1d8+6)[9]

P2 uses Sweet Kiss
    AC 6 (1d20)[1]
    On hit Jasper is confused!

Note: one way to remove the confusion condition, as well as other volatile conditions such as Infatuation, Slowed, Stuck, etc (but not persistent conditions such as Paralysis, Poison, or Burn) is to Take a Breather. For more information on taking a breather, see page 245 of the core rulebook.

Yellow takes no actions.

Penny uses quick attack on P2 and deals 18 damage. P2 activates the status ability and paralyzes Penny!

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Regalus View Post
    Adam felt another surge of giddiness of his new-found freedom, now being able to enter stores that wouldn't have even let him in before today; which in itself inevitably led to him greeting a few familiar faces and sharing the good news of his recent victory.

Though he made sure to take a few notes in his new pokegear during his travels; marking down the stores the most caught his eye and coming up with a short grocery list of things he hoped to buy...and how much they costed. Most of the goodies he'd hoped to nab were sadly well outside his budget, but hopefully that would be something he'd be able to change before long.

Satisfied with his progresss, the young man doubled back to the Center; hoping to inquire some info from the Cosmic Cafe after he picked up thistle, before heading home to great his mother with the news.
    The nurse beamed at you when you returned. Welcome back! You Chespin is restored to full health and has had a TM successfully applied.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #196
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

"Thank you!" Dominic says, beaming at the nurse. Turning back to Katie he shrugs. "Ok! I'm gonna be like another two hours though. Hope it's a long conversation!" He pockets the ball and then heads back out the door. "Back in a bit!"

17. - Top - End - #197
    Titan in the Playground

Marcus puts a finger to his lips, looking at the three Jamba members in terror as he waves for Gelver to back off. It didn't take a genius to assume that the one in the dress was a higher ranking member of Jamba than the two with the typical masks and, fortunately, Marcus was fairly close to genius status. He looks at the one in green for a long moment, trying to memorize what he can, just in case.

"We should go back," Marcus whispers, pulling out his Pokegear for safety and typing in the emergency number, although he doesn't yet call it. Right now if they heard him and Puck they could be in a lot of trouble. "Let the cops and Augustus know they're here," he adds as he begins to creep away from the edge of the clearing, hoping that the criminals don't notice him.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Using Chronicler on Gold Mask, Green Dress!

Also, since I figure you'll ask, Stealth!
    Marcus: (3d6)[8]
    Gelver: (3d6+2)[13]
    Last edited by Arcran; 2015-08-18 at 08:19 PM.

Show

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ettin in the Playground

"Thank you!" Dominic says, beaming at the nurse. Turning back to Katie he shrugs. "Ok! I'm gonna be like another two hours though. Hope it's a long conversation!" He pockets the ball and then heads back out the door. "Back in a bit!"
    When you arrived back at the pokemon center, Katie was waiting for you, a small shopping bag at her feet. Her starter, a Sandile, was munching on some food, and she was snacking on some take out noodles in a cardboard box. The nurse paid you for your trouble and thanked you for helping her out.

Once you and the nurse finished your conversation, Katie rose and threw away her now-empty box. Welcome back Dominic. There's a spot near the outside of town that we can use to battle. The townspeople dislike unofficial battles in the streets, so we've got to go somewhere a bit more remote. That ok with you?

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ettin in the Playground

Marcus puts a finger to his lips, looking at the three Jamba members in terror as he waves for Gelver to back off. It didn't take a genius to assume that the one in the dress was a higher ranking member of Jamba than the two with the typical masks and, fortunately, Marcus was fairly close to genius status. He looks at the one in green for a long moment, trying to memorize what he can, just in case.

"We should go back," Marcus whispers, pulling out his Pokegear for safety and typing in the emergency number, although he doesn't yet call it. Right now if they heard him and Puck they could be in a lot of trouble. "Let the cops and Augustus know they're here," he adds as he begins to creep away from the edge of the clearing, hoping that the criminals don't notice him.

Show
    Using Chronicler on Gold Mask, Green Dress!

Also, since I figure you'll ask, Stealth!
    Marcus: [roll0]
    Gelver: [roll1]
    Once she was sure that the Phanpy were gone, she turned back to the two masked figures and produced four pokeballs. They wouldn't be worth capturing for you two anyways. If you want another pokemon, I can supply you with one if you complete this job successfully.

One of the pawns gasped, and the other gave an awkward curtsy as a gesture of thanks. The male of the two was about to speak when Green Dress cut him off. Do not speak until I've finished, she commanded, and the man fell silent.

The job I have for you is a simple one, but if you fail consider yourselves dead to us, as you will find yourself dead or in jail for a long time. The tension in the air was palpable, and the woman in green waited until the silence was uncomfortable before continuing.

Your job, she continued, Is to sneak these four pokeballs into the collection of potential starter pokemon in the Stormwrack Gym. Do it tonight and don't be seen by anybody. Additionally, no matter how poorly things go for you, you are never to release the pokemon in the ball. Is that clear? The two nodded nervously and accepted the balls she offered them.

Good, in that case, send word the usual way if you succeed. If I do not receive a message by morning, I will assume that you failed. Without another glance to spare for them, she walked swiftly to the bank, where an ornate dragon boat floated in the water.

Right before she boarded, she glanced at the spot where you and Puck were hidden. Even though her eyes were invisible under the mask, you had no doubt that she knew exactly where you were. And one more thing. Crush the little mice who have been hiding in those bushes. Their heads snapped to look towards the bushes.

The green woman climbed in the boat and, as she did so, a swarm of Spinaraks streamed to the boat from all around the clearing, including behind where you had hidden. The streamed onto the boat in a wave of dark bodies and went underneath her dress. Totally at ease with the bugs no doubt covering the inside of her garment, the woman gripped a large paddle sticking into the air and silently glided off into the night.

The two looked into the bushes and each released a pokemon from their belts. One released a Snubbul while the other had a small pokemon that you recognized as a Ralts. The man and his snubull began to advance on the bushes, the Snubbul obviously searching for a scent. Come out little mice, he cooed quietly. Time to stop hiding and come out to play. He quickly whipped out a switchblade from a pocket and held it in front of him as he advanced.

Spoiler
    Show
    Constructing a map as we speak!
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2015-08-18 at 09:01 PM.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #200
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Dominic nods. "Yeah, that works for me." He smiles and folds his hands behind his head. "Lead the way!" His stomach grumbled right after he said that, leading his face to turn bright red. "Uh... Can we stop and get some food first? Heh... I might have spent like four hours running around."

21. - Top - End - #201
    Firbolg in the Playground

It was closer than you think I believe. Fury cutter is a fickle move. It served you well today, but had Gladia missed even once its power would have diminished to barely even scratching the Aron. Luck favored you, but I would avoid relying on it going forward. She sighed. It was a well done battle however.

She had a backpack brought to her by an Alteria, which she handed to you. She explained the contents of what was inside: five pokeballs, three of each potions, full heals, and bandages. A TM of Gyro Ball, an attack that powers up the slower you are compared to your opponent. She also threw in a Rawst Berry to cure any burns that Gladia may receive.

She finally handed a small card over to you with your name and face on it. This is your trainer license. It's proof of membership to one of the most prestigious organizations in the world. If you ever lose this card you won't have access to many of the services that the League provides - shops, pokemon centers, and other vital things needed for a trainer. Right now you're a Rank 0 trainer, a new trainer who has yet to defeat a gym leader. As you rise in rank, you'll gain access to more goods and services around the region.

She sighed then, obviously unwilling to share the next bit of information. In addition i am required to notify you that you may receive a pokegear, electronic phone, if you desire one. I refuse for them to be housed in my Gym, but you can pick them up at any guardpost on the edge of town if you'd like one.

If you have any questions, now would be the time to ask them Angus.

Spoiler
    Show
    If you don't have any questions, don't actually leave the gym for your next post
    Originally, the Order would have funded Angus's travels and he wouldn't have to worry overmuch about the next step. But now... Now, he wasn't so sure. Looking down into the bag, Angus asks, "...What is a TM? Also, I imagine that lean times are ahead of me. Is there someone in the Fortress who can show me what plants and herbs are safe to eat so I don't starve to death out there?" His father would call living off of the land a skill only fit for brigands and farmers, but Angus doubted that he would have enough money to avoid foraging at least a little.

Now that the salute is done, Gladia floats off of Angus's arms and drapes her arm over his shoulder before clasping her hand on her own blade at his hip. The gesture seems to be just as much an embrace as a sling from which she can hang off of his back. She regards Androssi respectfully from over his shoulder.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Dwarf in the Playground

The two pikachus glanced suddenly in the direction of bushes where you and Yellow were hiding. Sparks began to fly from their cheeks as if they were charging their energy. One of them dashes through the bushes in a blur to try and slam Jasper with his tail while the other blew the bug a kiss.

Spoiler
    Show

P1 uses quick attack AC 2 (1d20)[4]
    Physical normal damage (2d6+25)[36], on crit (2d6+10)[14]

P2 uses Sweet Kiss
    AC 6 [roll3]
    On hit Jasper is confused!

Note: one way to remove the confusion condition, as well as other volatile conditions such as Infatuation, Slowed, Stuck, etc (but not persistent conditions such as Paralysis, Poison, or Burn) is to Take a Breather. For more information on taking a breather, see page 245 of the core rulebook.

Yellow takes no actions.

Penny uses quick attack on P2 and deals 18 damage. P2 activates the status ability and paralyzes Penny!
    Show

Ray grinned as Jasper managed to deftly dodge the attacks of both of the Pikachus. The bush didn't seem like the most stable place to keep fighting, but it would have to do. Ray backed up to give his Joltik some space, watching the battle, "Jasper, move to hit both of them with Struggle Bug!"

Spoiler: Round 2
    Show
    Ray moves back to P1.

Jasper shifts to Q4, takes an Attack of Opportunity from Pikachu #1, and attempts to hit both Pikachus in the cone of the Struggle Bug attack. AC is 2. Accuracy Roll: (1d20)[4]

Special Bug Damage: (2d6+25)[36] Critical Damage: (2d6+10)[14] If attack is successful, SATK of targets is reduced by 1.
    Awesome avatar by Dashwood

“Had every Athenian citizen been a Socrates, every Athenian assembly would still have been a mob.” -- The Federalist No. 55

23. - Top - End - #203
    Titan in the Playground

"Crap. Crapcrapcrapcrap," Marcus mutters as the Pawns lay eyes on him, more than a little terrified. They could try to run but, after the display with the Spinarak, Marcus was fairly under the impression that was not an option.

"We have to fight them," Marcus says to Puck, trying to hide how badly his voice is cracking in terror. If Gelver could hit the Snubull hard enough, and he kept the Trainer busy maybe, just maybe, they could take them? "I'll take the left, you take the right," he says before turning to Gelver, swallowing audibly as he does so.

"Gelver, hit it with a Waterfall!" Marcus shouts even as he runs forward, slowing to scoop a handful of dirt of the ground before flinging it in the face of the Pawn, adrenaline surging through him enough to make him almost not notice just how much his knees were shaking.

Show
    Marcus: 3/5 AP, 57/57 HP, 5 Defense, 5 Special Defense, 10 Speed
    Gelver: 53/53 HP, 4 Defense, 4 Special Defense, 15 Speed
    Focused Training, +1 Attack CS

Gelver shifts to O12!

Gelver uses Waterfall on Snubbul!
    AC 2: (1d20+1)[17] Flinch 17+ Not an actual Flinch; unmodified roll of 16.
    Damage: (3d8+25)[39]
    Critical: (3d8+10)[19]

Marcus shifts to Q11!

Marcus uses the Dirty Trick (Blind) Manuever on the Male Pawn!
    AC 2: (1d20)[2]
    Stealth: (3d6)[13]
    Last edited by Arcran; 2015-08-18 at 09:50 PM.

Show

24. - Top - End - #204
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Adam thanks the nurse before heading out; having Thistle join him to their brief stop at the Cosmic Cafe, hoping to find out what their job was all about.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

Hug me, you know you want to.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ettin in the Playground

Dominic nods. "Yeah, that works for me." He smiles and folds his hands behind his head. "Lead the way!" His stomach grumbled right after he said that, leading his face to turn bright red. "Uh... Can we stop and get some food first? Heh... I might have spent like four hours running around."
    Katie agreed and lead you to a small corner shop with pitas and wraps. She entered to an enthusiastic wealcome by the staff in the kitchen and behind the counter. She shrugged in a sort of apologetic way. [COLOR="#A52A2A"]Mom and I come here all the time, so they know me pretty well. I just ate, so I don't need any food, but grab anything you'd like.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ettin in the Playground

Originally, the Order would have funded Angus's travels and he wouldn't have to worry overmuch about the next step. But now... Now, he wasn't so sure. Looking down into the bag, Angus asks, "...What is a TM? Also, I imagine that lean times are ahead of me. Is there someone in the Fortress who can show me what plants and herbs are safe to eat so I don't starve to death out there?" His father would call living off of the land a skill only fit for brigands and farmers, but Angus doubted that he would have enough money to avoid foraging at least a little.

Now that the salute is done, Gladia floats off of Angus's arms and drapes her arm over his shoulder before clasping her hand on her own blade at his hip. The gesture seems to be just as much an embrace as a sling from which she can hang off of his back. She regards Androssi respectfully from over his shoulder.
    A TM is a technical machine, which can be applied at any of the Churches to Mew throughout the Fortress or at a Pokemon Center in the rest of the world. It will teach a pokemon a move so long as its able to learn it. You can only use them once though, so make sure your choice is a good.

As for herbs and berries, the most likely person to help you would be the Hedgewitch and Mage Saeunn. She's an odd characeter, but if you can impress her she'll tell you about pretty much anything you like

However if you plan on leaving town you won't need it for your journey to the next city. Trainers aren't allowed to make the journey on their own until Rank 3. There's a band of Ironwall mercenaries leading a caravan the day after tomorrow, and they're free for anybody who passes the test today. They can take you to Wrystone, Central, or Hidden Oasis. However, a bit of survival skill will never go amiss.

Just as Androssi was finishing the details on how to reach Saeunn's shop in the depths of the Fortress, a large CRASH broke the otherwise quiet room. A man in crimson armor with a familiar crest painted on the breastplate advanced into the room. Roderick, head of the Order of the Fiery Lance, staunch advocate against anything supernatural, and your father, was clearly livid. Spittle flew from his mouth and his cheeks were redder than his faithful Rapidash's mane.

When he caught sight of the two of you, he got even redder if at all possible and began to scream at the gym leader. How dare you do this Androssi! he shouted. How dare you allow him into the gym without my permission you low lying woman! I demand he leave at once or I will bring this gym crashing to the ground around your head! How dare you go behind my back you scheming woman!

Contrary to how many would have reacted, Androssi remained relaxed, her posture perfect, and she began to speak in a soft, calm manner. Your intuition told you that she was anything but calm however, as her quiet voice seemed even more dangerous than your father's shouting. Oh come Roderick, you've already disowned the boy, so what do you care where he goes? And besides, even if I would have followed your silly commands, the boy has passed his test and is a full trainer. There's nothing you can do to change that. Now quit shouting and leave before I kick you out by force.

Roderick either didn't see the danger or blatantly ignored her threat. Instead he simply yelled more loudly and advanced you the pair of you. Passed? Passed? How dare you pass this miserable failure of a son of mine. I request, no I demand that you rescind his trainer license. And if you don't ... He drew his blade and began advancing threateningly towards the leader.

And then the room exploded.

Faster than your eyes could follow, Androssi whipped a pokeball from her belt. The next thing you saw was a tail longer than you were tall slamming into Roderick. He slammed into one of the room's pillars with enough force to put several large cracks in one of the large pillars that dominated the room. As the dust cleared, you saw a monstrously large Druddigon filling half of the room. Your father lay at the base of a pillar on the verge of collapse after he'd been slammed into it with the force of a titan. He was still breathing, on the verge of unconsciousness. If one attack could nearly faint a man like your father, what could she do with an entire team of pokemon?

Androssi drew her own weapon, a scepter made of jet black obsidian with a golden orb at its center, and walked to Roderick with painstaking slowness. She crouched in front of the man, and placed a hook near the end of the scepter against her throat. If you ever draw your sword in my presence again Roderick, I will kill you. If you ever set foot in my gym again Roderick, I will cripple you. And while your son remains in the Fortress, you will not touch him, or I will revoke every single title you posses and reduce your order to a smoking ruin of what it once was. For now however, you will remain with me while your son leaves without you bothering him. She glances at you and jerks her head at the door, indicating that it was time for you to head out while she continued her conversation with your only parent.

Spoiler
    Show
    Temples to Mew are the equivalents of Pokemon Centers

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ettin in the Playground

Show

Ray grinned as Jasper managed to deftly dodge the attacks of both of the Pikachus. The bush didn't seem like the most stable place to keep fighting, but it would have to do. Ray backed up to give his Joltik some space, watching the battle, "Jasper, move to hit both of them with Struggle Bug!"

Spoiler: Round 2
    Show
    Ray moves back to P1.

Jasper shifts to Q4, takes an Attack of Opportunity from Pikachu #1, and attempts to hit both Pikachus in the cone of the Struggle Bug attack. AC is 2. Accuracy Roll: (1d20)[10]

Special Bug Damage: (1d8+19)[21] Critical Damage: (1d8+6)[13] If attack is successful, SATK of targets is reduced by 1.
    The Pikachu nearest you whipped its tail around in an attempt to punish you attempt to attack them an then quickly leaped clear of the sound waves as its friend did the same, both coming out unharmed from the sonic strike. the second pikachu leap after Penny while the other dodged behind Jasper and slammed its body into Jasper

Penny, unable to move this round could do nothing in response. Yellow however, dashed forwards and placed her hands near the rodent's head, but you couldn't tell what she was doing.

Spoiler
    Show

Struggle vs Jasper for AOO
    AC 4 (1d20)[10]
    Physical Normal Damage (1d8+19)[21], on crit (1d8+6)[13]

Quick Attack vs Penny
    AC 2 (1d20)[4]
    Physical Normal Damage (1d8+19)[22], on crit (1d8+6)[8]

Quick Attack vs Jasper
    AC 2 (1d20)[19]
    Physical Normal Damage (1d8+19)[24], on crit (1d8+6)[14]

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ettin in the Playground

"Crap. Crapcrapcrapcrap," Marcus mutters as the Pawns lay eyes on him, more than a little terrified. They could try to run but, after the display with the Spinarak, Marcus was fairly under the impression that was not an option.

"We have to fight them," Marcus says to Puck, trying to hide how badly his voice is cracking in terror. If Gelver could hit the Snubull hard enough, and he kept the Trainer busy maybe, just maybe, they could take them? "I'll take the left, you take the right," he says before turning to Gelver, swallowing audibly as he does so.

"Gelver, hit it with a Waterfall!" Marcus shouts even as he runs forward, slowing to scoop a handful of dirt of the ground before flinging it in the face of the Pawn, adrenaline surging through him enough to make him almost not notice just how much his knees were shaking.

Show
    Marcus: 3/5 AP, 57/57 HP, 5 Defense, 5 Special Defense, 10 Speed

Gelver shifts to O12!

Gelver uses Waterfall on Snubbul!
    AC 2: (1d20)[5] Flinch 17+ Not an actual Flinch; unmodified roll of 16.
    Damage: (2d6+24)[31]
    Critical: (2d6+10)[20]

Marcus shifts to Q11!

Marcus uses the Dirty Trick (Blind) Manuever on the Male Pawn!
    AC 2: (4d6)[11]
    Stealth: (1d20)[1]
    The checkered mask over the pawn's face prevented you attack from its intended effect, and he merely wiped it off on his sleeve before leaping into a dizzying rain of feints with his knife. As you tried to react to each slash of the knife however, the man guided you into an open position before slashing with unnerving accuracy at your open side while at the same kicking at one of your knees to slow you down.

His snubbul cast an intimidating glare at Gelver, forcing it to shrink back in hesitation. It then leaped at the frog tongue out in the familiar lick attack that Gelver uses to great effect, hoping to score a lucky paralysis.

At the same time, Puck comes through the forest with unnerving agility and grace in the thick bushes. I was hoping to not have to use this he muttered to himself before placing a single hand on the ground. Young saplings the height of a normal human sprung up around the female pawn and her Ralts, partially trapping them in a thicket of wood that they wouldn't be able to get through easily.

Panting slightly, Puck called out to you as the two tried to work their way around the trees as quickly as possible. I can do that once more, so if you need an escape route let me know and I can slow them down temporarily. Lily, move now! The Lotad also dashed out of the trees without seeming bothered by their thickness. and sent a glowing green orb at the Snubbel, trying to absorb its life force.

Spoiler
    Show
    Crunch bits:

Male Pawn uses Feint Attack and spends 1 AP to chain it with the low blow Dirty Fighting maneuver on Marcus
    (1d20)[5] - auto hit, for crit check only.
    Physical Dark damage (2d6+24)[31], on crit (2d6+10)[20]

Low Blow maneuver (also vs marcus) - auto hits via feint attack
    You and the target make Opposed Acrobatics Checks. If you win, the target is Vulnerable and has their Initiative set to 0 until the end of your next turn.
    DC for acrobatics is (4d6)[11]

------

Snubbull uses Intimidate to lower Gelver's attack by 1.
    It then uses lick on Gelver!
    AC 2 (1d20)[1] para on 15+
    Physical Ghost damage (1d6+20)[26], on crit (1d6+5)[8]

--------
    Puck uses druid's call!

------------

Female Pawn and Ralts Move
    Ralts also uses calm mind for +1 in SpAtk and SpDef

-------------

Lily uses absorb on the Snubbul
    (1d20)[2] AC 2
    (1d8+17)[22], on crit (1d8+6)[11]

Back to top of initiative.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Regalus View Post
    Adam thanks the nurse before heading out; having Thistle join him to their brief stop at the Cosmic Cafe, hoping to find out what their job was all about.
    The Cosmic Cafe was easy to find, being close to the gym and with a fairly large customer base, although you didn't have to wait to be served. Your first thought upon entrance was that it felt a bit like a spaceship. Modern chairs with funky poofs on top of them. Stylishly curved tables. That sort of thing. Much of the diners were having trouble handling the food's ultra spicy flavor, but their smiles told a story that they loved it despite the intensity the food carried.

A woman behind the counter came up to you. Hello, welcome to the Cosmic Cafe, how may I help you today?

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #210
    Titan in the Playground

Somehow Gelver managed to dodge the Snubbul's tongue, sliding across the ground to dodge the canine's assault.

Marcus, on the other hand, isn't so lucky. Blow after blow of the knife rains down on him, cutting him in half a dozen places. The pawn's kick connects heavily as well, sending Marcus to one knee and, for the moment, all but disabling him.

"Gelver, finish off the Snubbul! Pound!" he cries through the pain, looking in amazement at Puck and his strange powers and marveling at the Lotad's amazing self-healing orb. "Thanks," he manages to mutter before he looks back at the man in the mask before him, more than a little concerned about what is about to transpire.

Gelver, obviously nearly as terrified as his owner, leaps forward, slamming a small fist into the side of the Snubbul.

Show
    Marcus: 2/5 AP, 31/57 HP, 5 Defense, 5 Special Defense, 10 Speed, 0 Initiative, Vulnerable

Marcus uses Chronicler on Absorb as a Swift Action!

Gelver uses Pound as a Standard Action!
    AC 2: (1d20+1)[7]
    Damage: (1d8+19)[24]
    Critical: (1d8+6)[14]
    Last edited by Arcran; 2015-08-19 at 12:51 AM.

Show