New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Rules Questions

1. - Top - End - #421
    APE Games in the Playground

Default Re: Rules Questions

Quote Originally Posted by Xardas View Post
    1) Which one of the following can change the result of a battle after the dice are rolled: Buff Spell (assuming V is helping you), I Forgot They Could Do That (to cancel assist ability), Forgotten Bonus and Get Angry.

Quote Originally Posted by prj View Post
    Forgotten Bonus is the only one that can be used after the die roll.
    Right.

2) Is it possible to use FTCDT after you lose in a battle to cancel abilities that can effect you? (like paralyze, thief and bloodlust and so on)

No. IFTCDT says it can be used "When any player (including you) is battling a Monster." After the moment of the die roll, you are no longer battling the monster; you are only figuring out what the results of the battle were.
    Right.

3) Can Belkar perform a leaping attack through a Dark room? (assuming the dark room is between the room that contains Belkar and the room which contains the player or monster that Belkar wants to attack).

A Leaping Attack into another room is a ranged attack followed by movement. The room doesn't prevent ranged attacks through it, so I would say that the attack happens normally. The movement afterward might be blocked, although if the Dark Room is empty, then it would seem that Belkar would have to stop and fight a new battle, which isn't supposed to be possible after a ranged attack. So I'm not sure.
    The Dark Room has no effect on this discussion. The Dark Room doesn't say it blocks LoS (so Belkar can attack through it) and the Leaping Attack shtick doesn't say that Belkar moves through all of the intervening rooms, but rather that you are moved into the target room.
    Owner of APE Games.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by apegamer View Post
    Roy may only provide assistance to one of the players, and PVP specifies an order that the players ask for assistance.
    The order is specified only for assistance from NPCs. Other players "are welcome to hear offers from both players, but can only accept one."

In a PvM battle, Roy can take some time to think about whether to give assistance or flip Fearless Leader. So in a PvP battle, I'd guess that, once the first request for assistance comes in, he can also wait a while, to see if the other player also requests his assistance. If he gets requests from both players, then he can choose which to assist, and since he then becomes ineligible to assist the other, he doesn't have to flip Fearless Leader to turn them down. Correct?

3. - Top - End - #423
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

Question about fireballing, sorry if this has been asked before, but it is a big list to look through by this point.

The rules (and posts I have seen) seem to say that monster abilities appy to all monsters on the stack, but "enchanted" only applies to that one monster right?

Also, can you choose which monsters are "targets" if the stack is larger than the fireball can hit? Or if you hit two do you always just hit the first two (skipping over any monsters that have "enchanted"). (for example, can you snipe the roaches at the bottom of the stack).

Also, do you have to overcome the defense score of the toughest monster in the stack even if they aren't one of the targets?

4. - Top - End - #424

Quote Originally Posted by BobTheConquerer View Post
    sorry if this has been asked before, but it is a big list to look through by this point.
    Yes, but in your case, all the answers are on page 18 of the rulebook.

The rules (and posts I have seen) seem to say that monster abilities appy to all monsters on the stack, but "enchanted" only applies to that one monster right?
    Right - immunity from certain kinds of attacks, as well as Attack/Defense/Range modifications, are applied to each monster individually. Enchanted in particular is used in the example on page 18.

Also, can you choose which monsters are "targets" if the stack is larger than the fireball can hit?
    No. Page 18, bottom of the first column: "When a certain number is indicated, start with the top of the Battle STack and count downwards to find which Monsters are to be battled."

Or if you hit two do you always just hit the first two (skipping over any monsters that have "enchanted").
    Right, except you don't skip Enchanted (or otherwise immune) monsters when figuring out which monsters to battle and what Attack/Defense number you need to beat. You only skip them when applying the results of the battle if you win (i.e., removing the monsters you defeated). Monsters with an applicable kind of immunity will always survive the attack, but they still count as one of the participating monsters.

Also, do you have to overcome the defense score of the toughest monster in the stack even if they aren't one of the targets?
    No, just the toughest monster targeted.

5. - Top - End - #425

For shticks that have special rules for unflipping (for example, Belkar's Doesn't Play Well With Others), if they get flipped without being used (for example, by Party Leader Veto), can they then be unflipped by resting/returning to the dungeon entrance/A Good Laugh/etc., or do their special unflipping rules still apply?

Say Roy wins a battle using the Greenhilt Sword, and then someone plays a Broken Weapon on him. But now Roy has 3 Xs, which he cashes in for a new shtick - which turns out to be another copy of the Greenhilt Sword. Is this new copy usable without returning to the dungeon entrance? I'm guessing it shouldn't be, but a strict reading of the wording of Broken Weapon would seem to allow it - it doesn't say newly drawn copies would start out flipped.

I'm down to my last wound before I have to flee the dungeon. I trigger a new battle, and I suspect I'm going to lose. Can I take advantage of Cure Assorted Wounds after triggering the battle, but before I roll the die? How about after I spring a trap, but before I make my Evade roll? For a multi-target trap, can Belkar wait for someone else to fail their Evade roll, then heal himself with Schadenfreude before trying his roll?

6. - Top - End - #426
    Pixie in the Playground

For shticks that have special rules for unflipping (for example, Belkar's Doesn't Play Well With Others), if they get flipped without being used (for example, by Party Leader Veto), can they then be unflipped by resting/returning to the dungeon entrance/A Good Laugh/etc., or do their special unflipping rules still apply?
    im sure we can all agree that flipped or unflipped a DPWWO acting as an "XP token" is unavailable to be used as a shtick again until it is properly returned to shtick row as per card text. i figure that the spirit of the game would suggest that all flipped shticks not otherwise occupied by rules (ie, waiting to be used as an X) allow it to be unflipped after rest.

Say Roy wins a battle using the Greenhilt Sword, and then someone plays a Broken Weapon on him. But now Roy has 3 Xs, which he cashes in for a new shtick - which turns out to be another copy of the Greenhilt Sword. Is this new copy usable without returning to the dungeon entrance? I'm guessing it shouldn't be, but a strict reading of the wording of Broken Weapon would seem to allow it - it doesn't say newly drawn copies would start out flipped.
    sounds like you put the new sword on top of the Broken that's on top of the old sword(s). you can use it but it's not boosted like you'd like it.

I'm down to my last wound before I have to flee the dungeon. I trigger a new battle, and I suspect I'm going to lose. Can I take advantage of Cure Assorted Wounds after triggering the battle, but before I roll the die? How about after I spring a trap, but before I make my Evade roll? For a multi-target trap, can Belkar wait for someone else to fail their Evade roll, then heal himself with Schadenfreude before trying his roll?
    uhm i dont actually have the rules infront of me, oddly enough, but the CAW doesnt give a time to be used and Schad only requires someone else take a wound. if you've got a rules nazi available you might be making your rolls in a clockwise manner and have to put up with that. for everyone else, the spirit of Belkar suggests that you just let everyone else get caught up in the game mechanic and grab the dice before you. it's not your fault if they're in a hurry.

...okay now for me:

i've not seen this before in the other skimmed Fireball questions and i was a little borred as V the other day.... Fireball does not say no pvp but it does not give a pvp wound. if V attacked Roy with this and won his rolls (or Roy was out of defensive range) am i right in saying he would have won a pvp battle and thus be entitled to loot? or is it "no wound, no win" and a draw?

assume the above example but add two monsters in the room with Roy. do the monsters use Roy's roll as defense? OR do Roy and the two monsters share Range and use the highest defense (monsters or Roy's roll)?

and, has anyone else wondered if the Half-Orc adventurer should also be concidered Human support too?

7. - Top - End - #427
    Pixie in the Playground

I have a question about Roy's Master of Battle Administration

Skimmed the thread, didn't see this asked/answered.

The 2nd part of it says "You gain +2 attack and +2 Defense when fighting monsters that have either the Leader or Duel ability."

If you're fighting a monster with both Leader and Duel do you get 2 bonuses, effective getting a +4 bonus vs. that monster? Or do you just get a single +2 bonus even if they have both abilities?

Thanks in advance.

-Zem

8. - Top - End - #428
    Dwarf in the Playground

I don't think it stacks
    Founder of the cult of the bunny

(\_/)
    (O.o)
    (><)
    /_|_\

this is bunny.
    copy bunny to signature to help him achieve world domination. Join the dark side (we have cookies!)

thanks for the avatar, mysticaloctopus

Spoiler
    Show

Best:

Runner up:

3rd:

9. - Top - End - #429
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zembar View Post
    I have a question about Roy's Master of Battle Administration
    -Zem
    are there any mobs with both Leader and Duel? anyway, card reads "when fighting Monsters that have either the Leader or Duel ability." sounds more like the bonus is triggered only once or it would have been worded more clearly i think.

or maybe that's all that fit on the card. ...i wonder sometimes if maybe another cool ability might be in order for a card but they ran out of room for neat, readable text ;)

10. - Top - End - #430
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rumtummy View Post
    are there any mobs with both Leader and Duel? anyway, card reads "when fighting Monsters that have either the Leader or Duel ability." sounds more like the bonus is triggered only once or it would have been worded more clearly i think.

or maybe that's all that fit on the card. ...i wonder sometimes if maybe another cool ability might be in order for a card but they ran out of room for neat, readable text ;)
    Well, a quick scan of the monsters showed me there is one with both Leader and Duel. Samantha, the sorceress.

I do agree that the way its written sounds like it only gives a bonus once, but I know my group. This will probably be a point of "discussion" and wanted to go into this prepared in case it comes up.

Thanks again

-Zem

11. - Top - End - #431
    Barbarian in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Only one copy of the Greenhilt Sword would be flipped by Broken Weapon; if Roy had multiple copies in play, he should still be able to use them; he simply loses any Boost effect he would get from the one that's flipped.
    Proud, small, slightly stinky member of the fan club.

Clang, clang, clang goes the trolley / Ring, ring, ring goes the bell.
    Git away from me, ye daft fool!

Barky! You came back!

12. - Top - End - #432

im sure we can all agree that flipped or unflipped a DPWWO acting as an "XP token"
    It can't be an X when it's unflipped. The card specifies that it flips when it becomes an X.

i figure that the spirit of the game would suggest that all flipped shticks not otherwise occupied by rules (ie, waiting to be used as an X) allow it to be unflipped after rest.
    That's my guess as well, but I'm hoping to get the official word from the Giant or apegamer (likewise for my other questions).

if you've got a rules nazi available you might be making your rolls in a clockwise manner and have to put up with that.
    I'm as much of a rules lawyer as anyone. But the rules don't specify what order evade rolls are made in, nor whether all the wounds resulting from a single battle or trap take place effectively simultaneously. I would lean toward making them effectively simultaneous, meaning that no matter what order the rolls are made in, Belkar can't use Schadenfreude in between rolls for the same trap to save himself from losing his last wound, but again, I'm looking for the official word.
    Last edited by prj; 2007-12-20 at 05:50 PM.

13. - Top - End - #433

Quote Originally Posted by Fighteer View Post
    Only one copy of the Greenhilt Sword would be flipped by Broken Weapon
    Nope. Broken Weapon explicitly says that all copies are flipped.

14. - Top - End - #434

Fireball does not say no pvp
    But the rulebook does. Page 18: "Area Effect Shticks cannot be used as a Battle Shtick in a player vs. player battle."

assume the above example but add two monsters in the room with Roy. do the monsters use Roy's roll as defense?
    You can never battle against monsters and players at the same time. You can target a player with a non-AE shtick (which therefore does not target any other players or monsters), or you can target the monster stack, but not any players in the same room, using an AE shtick.

and, has anyone else wondered if the Half-Orc adventurer should also be concidered Human support too?
    I'd say no - some monsters do have multiple support icons at the top of the card, so if Half-Orc Adventurer were meant to support human-supported monsters, he would have had a human icon there, and he doesn't. Anyway, the card doesn't say what the other half is. Also anyway, there are no monsters that are supported by humans. Bandits, yes, but not humans.

15. - Top - End - #435
    Pixie in the Playground

It can't be an X when it's unflipped. The card specifies that it flips when it becomes an X.
    card says it's an X till it's used as an X as far as i'm concerned. but, i agree that if the FAQ says differently i'll be playing differently. same for the traps / schad.

Nope. Broken Weapon explicitly says that all copies are flipped.
    yep i agree. all copies of sthick currently present in play when the card drops are required to be flipped.

But the rulebook does. Page 18: "Area Effect Shticks cannot be used as a Battle Shtick in a player vs. player battle."
    yeah, got the rules back: 4th bullet point on page 18. aww, that's just too bad. i hope an expansion allows for limited use with AE. perhaps allow the the same shtick used on the monster battle (if succeeds) to optionally apply also in one (or more?) pvp battle (rolls and loot-for-support bonus not carrying over from monster battle) before flipping it. if for no other reason than that the other player is in the same room as the monsters you're ranged attacking on your turn because he had just then been engaged with those same monsters and remains close to them.

i didnt have access to the rules when i posed the dumb question. just a little frustrated. my games have shown fireball to be situational, risky and expensive: someone nearby has to fail their battle (if it's you, waste a turn walking to a safe square or eat a wound) and then you still want to be out of it's retaliation range but too far and you won't see any loot (instead of just meager loot). and it flips. i can appreciate the flip and limit of top two monsters (and subsequent boosts) but that doesnt stop V from feeling like a slow, oppertunistic Roy afflicted with -4 defense (rest) alot. to me. it hasn't stopped me from playing V in a random deal but i went looking for a bit of spice. ;)

16. - Top - End - #436
    Pixie in the Playground

We've played the game a few times, and have come across a few questions. Here are the ones I remember so far. Thanks in advance.

This isn't technically a rules question, but it is somewhat related: The online FAQ states it was last updated 2/13/07. The printed one in my box states it was last edited 5/10/2007. How / why is it that the printed is newer than the online?

Suppose that Roy is assisting Belkar and is using his Fearless Leader shtick. Belkar only has one wound left, and loses the battle. Belkar moves his wound marker down to his last wound, and thus starts to Flee. However Roy's shtick allows him to heal 1 wound at the end of battle. If Roy chooses to heal Belkar's wound, is Belkar still fleeing? Would Belkar even have begun moving towards the entrance and dropping loot?

If a player is Fleeing the Dungeon and receives healing before reaching the entrance, what happens? Answer found, players can't be healed while fleeing.

You kill the last monster in the room, and there's a big pile of loot there. Having killed the last monster, you draw two loots, and end your turn. On your next turn, you do not move at all. You are still the one who killed the last monster in this room. Can you draw two loots again?

Is a "battle" the fighting of 1 monster card in a room, or of all the monster cards in a room. Or more specifically, how long does assistance from other players last once you offer them Loot they Drool Over? For one monster card, or for all the monster cards in a room?

Regarding Haley's "Come to Me, My Pretties" shtick: First line states "Whenever you take Loot cards from a room that has no Monsters in it, you may take one additional Loot." 1st, is it possible to take Loot when there ARE Monsters in a room? 2nd) Does this allow Haley to draw Loot from the deck if there's no extra Loot in the room? Also, at what point is "has no Monsters" measured? If Haley enters a room that has Loot but no Monsters, there are no Monsters in it at that point. However, that would trigger a new battle, and there are now Monsters. If Haley defeats this Monsters, there are once again no Monsters in the room.

Some cards say to flip any shtick. For example, Roy's Party Leader Veto. Does this mean you can flip any flippable shtick, or literally any shtick?

If a boosted shtick gets flipped, do all the boosting cards get flipped as well? For example, if Durkon has two Cure Assorted Wounds shtick cards in play, and Roy is only down 1 wound, could Durkon flip only one of the shtick cards? Or, same situation for Durkon, but now Haley and V are each one wound away from Fleeing. Could Durkon heal one wound on each of them? Answer found. Flipping example in rule book.
    Last edited by TeeBee3; 2007-12-28 at 10:35 AM.

17. - Top - End - #437

Quote Originally Posted by TeeBee3 View Post
    Suppose that Roy is assisting Belkar and is using his Fearless Leader shtick. Belkar only has one wound left, and loses the battle. Belkar moves his wound marker down to his last wound, and thus starts to Flee. However Roy's shtick allows him to heal 1 wound at the end of battle. If Roy chooses to heal Belkar's wound, is Belkar still fleeing?
    I don't think Fearless Leader can be used to heal other players' wounds. Benefits that can be applied to other players explicitly say so.

But regardless, Belkar would be fleeing since he lost all his wounds, which means he definitely can't be healed now.

You kill the last monster in the room, and there's a big pile of loot there. Having killed the last monster, you draw two loots, and end your turn. On your next turn, you do not move at all. You are still the one who killed the last monster in this room. Can you draw two loots again?
    A strict reading of the wording in the rulebook would seem to allow it, but I don't think that's the intent. I think you're only supposed to get the extra loot on the same turn when you defeated the last monster.

Is a "battle" the fighting of 1 monster card in a room, or of all the monster cards in a room. Or more specifically, how long does assistance from other players last once you offer them Loot they Drool Over? For one monster card, or for all the monster cards in a room?
    Usually for only one monster. It could be for multiple monsters, but only if you're using an Area Effect shtick to battle multiple monsters simultaneously. Otherwise, each monster is a separate battle.

1st, is it possible to take Loot when there ARE Monsters in a room?
    Yes, with Haley's "Swipe!" shtick.

2nd) Does this (Come To Me, My Pretties) allow Haley to draw Loot from the deck if there's no extra Loot in the room?
    No. This is the same as with any other character - there might be loot in the room when you move into it, but if the supply runs out, you don't draw from the deck just because you would have been entitled to loot if there were any left.

Also, at what point is "has no Monsters" measured?
    At the point when you take the loot. It's "Whenever you take Loot cards from a room that has no Monsters in it" - not "a room that had no Monsters in it at the time when you entered it", nor "a room that has never had any Monsters in it since you entered it", nor anything else.

If Haley enters a room that has Loot but no Monsters, there are no Monsters in it at that point. However, that would trigger a new battle, and there are now Monsters. If Haley defeats this Monsters, there are once again no Monsters in the room.
    Right. Haley can take 3 loots in that case - 2 for defeating the last monster in the room, plus 1 from the shtick.

Some cards say to flip any shtick. For example, Roy's Party Leader Veto. Does this mean you can flip any flippable shtick, or literally any shtick?
    It doesn't specify any restriction as to which shticks it can be used on, so you can indeed use it to flip shticks that don't flip on their own. (Likewise for the "Dun Dun Dun" Screw This card.) But note the FAQ entry about PLV: it's usable only at the beginning of Roy's turn. (Likewise for Haley's Second In Command.)

18. - Top - End - #438
    Pixie in the Playground

A strict reading of the wording in the rulebook would seem to allow it, but I don't think that's the intent. I think you're only supposed to get the extra loot on the same turn when you defeated the last monster.
    you have "killed the last monster" durring the turn in which you have killed the last monster. for turns thereafter, remember that when you rest you are allowed to pick up (up to) two loots from the room.
    - page 20: Resting, Page 24: How Much Loot Can Be Picked Up, Page 25: Picking Up Loot (Example)

Also, at what point is "has no Monsters" measured?
    At the point when you take the loot.
    you can loot at beginning or end of turn. if you move into a room and a monster shows up you are in the middle of your turn, not beginning or end.
    - Page 8: Sidebar
    Last edited by Rumtummy; 2007-12-28 at 11:49 PM.

19. - Top - End - #439
    Pixie in the Playground

Regarding Elan's "Poorly-Planned Illusion" shtick: "You may move each monster defeated..." Does this mean that Elan can save the monster(s) toward shtick, OR move them to another room?

20. - Top - End - #440
    Pixie in the Playground

Regarding Elan's "Poorly-Planned Illusion" shtick: "You may move each monster defeated..." Does this mean that Elan can save the monster(s) toward shtick, OR move them to another room?
    Monsters only get saved and drop loot when they're killed - usually by a battle schtick whose victory (flag) text says "Foe loses 1 Wound" or something similar to that. Elan's Poorly-Planned Illusion shtick does deal defeated foes any wounds, it just moves them into another room. So moving them is his only choice.

21. - Top - End - #441
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyden View Post
    Elan's Poorly-Planned Illusion shtick doesn't deal defeated foes any wounds, it just moves them into another room. So moving them is his only choice.
    althought i thought i should add that i'm pretty sure it was decided that if you were fighting the monsters and range 0 and there was already loot in the room then by succeeding with PPI you "defeated the last monster in the room" and could pick up two loots instead of one.

22. - Top - End - #442
    Pixie in the Playground

New player on the playground...

We started to play and questions about the rules come all the time... I am reading the rules and try to make them [the other players] understand how things work but in some cases I couldn't find an answer

question #1 : Haley was resting in one room. Roy enters room and attacks Haley. Both players get support from others, Haley has a -4 in Defence. The question is: Can Haley use a shtick card for her Defence? Or not because she was resting?

question #2 : Some monsters got Support:Horde. As Horde counts what? Every other monster on the same floor?

question #3 : I play Roy. I begin my movement in a room with a Dragon. I must attack. But I got no ranged attack and Dragon is Flying with Range 6. What does it happen? If I got range < 6 but no 0 can I attack it?

Sorta noobish questions but we start our adventure from lvl1. waiting for a response...

p.s. excuse me if I wrote anything wrong... English, not my native language, have't practice them for years.
    Last edited by spawn_I; 2008-01-22 at 06:19 AM.

23. - Top - End - #443

Quote Originally Posted by spawn_I View Post
    Haley was resting in one room. Roy enters room and attacks Haley. Both players get support from others, Haley has a -4 in Defence. The question is: Can Haley use a shtick card for her Defence?
    Yes. There is no prohibition against using shticks in that case.

question #2 : Some monsters got Support:Horde. As Horde counts what? Every other monster on the same floor?
    For all types of support (including Horde), a monster is supported by any monsters on the same floor that match the first monster's support type. (This is specified in the green box on page 31 of the rulebook.)

In the case of Horde, if someone plays a monster that is Horde-supported by Undead monsters, then the battle size increases by 1 for every Undead monster on the same floor - and while players are adding monsters to the battle to reach the battle size, if any more Undead monsters are added, the battle size goes up again.

question #3 : I play Roy. I begin my movement in a room with a Dragon. I must attack. But I got no ranged attack and Dragon is Flying with Range 6. What does it happen? If I got range < 6 but no 0 can I attack it?
    The dragon's range is irrelevant in this case. "Flying" only means that you cannot use a Range 0 shtick. Anything more than 0 is ok if you are attacking from the same room.

If you are attacking from a different room, then you can ignore the Flying ability - you just need to have enough range to reach that room.

24. - Top - End - #444
    Pixie in the Playground

#1 Ok, we played that part wrong... someone will kill me for that

#3 Wrong, too. So Belkar with Leaping Attack can attack the Dragon eh? And from another room we don't count range as 1 room and 6 from the dragon = 7? Haley with Ranged Attack 4 can Attack from the room next to the one that the Dragon is?

#2 You mean that Horde = Undead or I don't get the point?

Thanks for your answers, hope not to be disturbing...

25. - Top - End - #445

So Belkar with Leaping Attack can attack the Dragon eh?
    Yes.

And from another room we don't count range as 1 room and 6 from the dragon = 7? Haley with Ranged Attack 4 can Attack from the room next to the one that the Dragon is?
    Yes, she can. The distance to the dragon is 1, and that's what matters. The dragon's range number never determines whether you can attack it. It only determines whether the dragon can wound you if you attack and lose.

For example, Vaarsuvius with a fully-boosted Lightning Bolt has a range of 7. So V can attack from 7 rooms away. If V loses, there's no wound, because the dragon doesn't have enough range to reach V. (Rulebook page 12, second bullet under "Ranged Defense".)

#2 You mean that Horde = Undead or I don't get the point?
    Maybe I don't understad your original question. Can you rephrase it?

26. - Top - End - #446
    Pixie in the Playground

ok, got the Ranged Attack part... thanks

now for #2 I'll try to explain [note: I don't have the cards in front of me]

see page 31 of the Rules... Horde Support Ability.

If I play a monster with the Horde Support Ability [the card doesn't say anyhting about battle size] but in the same floor there are other monsters that can support this one [Goblin Necromancer as if in the example given and 3 misc. goblins in other rooms] then the battle size goes +3?

27. - Top - End - #447

If I play a monster with the Horde Support Ability [the card doesn't say anyhting about battle size] but in the same floor there are other monsters that can support this one [Goblin Necromancer as if in the example given and 3 misc. goblins in other rooms] then the battle size goes +3?
    First I'll answer the question you didn't ask: Goblin Necromancer is a goblin himself, but it is not supported by goblins. It is supported by undead. The icon at the top left corner of the card shows the monster's own type, but the icon next to "Support:" shows the type of monster that supports this one. They are often the same, but they can be different.

Now to answer the question you did ask: if there are some supporting monsters already on the same floor, then yes, they do contribute their support. So if there are 3 undead monsters already on the floor when someone plays a Goblin Necromancer, then they do increase the battle size by 3 immediately.

28. - Top - End - #448
    Pixie in the Playground

Flumph

I have a question about Outsmart and Area Effect (specifically Fireball). Let's say is blasting a stack of 3 monsters with a boosted fireball and the third monster has the Outsmart ability. 's shticks are shuffled and one of the Fireballs is (randomly) selected and flipped. Now, the Fireball can only affect the top two monster, so what happens? Does play continue, leaving the Fireball flipped but only affecting the top two monsters? Is the third monster affected anyway? Does the paradox cause a rift in the very fabric of space-time, allowing a horde of horrid shapeless monsters to flood in and run amuck?

29. - Top - End - #449

Quote Originally Posted by Harlequin_1998 View Post
    Let's say is blasting a stack of 3 monsters with a boosted fireball and the third monster has the Outsmart ability. 's shticks are shuffled and one of the Fireballs is (randomly) selected and flipped. Now, the Fireball can only affect the top two monster, so what happens?
    Good question. This post is the closest I can find to an official precedent. The rule seems to be "if you have a way to continue battling, you have to do it, without modifying any of the already-established battle conditions unless you are forced to." So I'd say you still battle, and you still use the same Battle Shtick if you have any unflipped copies left (otherwise you have to choose another), but you use it in its less-boosted state - so in this case, you're now only battling the top two monsters (which might be a good thing, as far as what you need to roll to win).

30. - Top - End - #450
    Pixie in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

A favorite tactic is to unequip all loot except for one lame one at the end of the turn, equip it all again at the beginning of the next turn, and then unequip all but the lame one at the end again. This is to prevent another player from taking good loot should they attack and defeat you. Is this play legal?

Are there any restrictions as to what can be traded between other players and when? Can loot be traded between players? Screw This cards? Monster cards in your Battle Hand? Saved monsters that have been defeated? Are trades made at any time or just on your turn?

If Belkar attacks Roy who uses Logic and wins so Belkar must lose a turn. The rules say that Belkar is immediately put on his side. Can he collect a loot in the room he's in at the end of his current turn?

Thanks.