Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Super Power Lottery

Quote Originally Posted by AeonsShadow View Post
    Lasted 8 pages.
    Good run, good run.
    NOW~

why don't we ask this; If you could CHOOSE one singular power (nothing on the side of godmode stuff) what would you have, why, and how would you use it?
    What: Shapeshifting
    Why: It's a cool, practical power to have, but at the same time it requires a bit of planning and roleplay to be used well.
    How: Exactly...!
    Avatar made by Strawberries! Grazie paesą!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Beer View Post
    You win the worst GM thread BTW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyzzyva View Post
    From a different thread, even!.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ogre in the Playground

Lasted 8 pages.
    Good run, good run.
    NOW~

why don't we ask this; If you could CHOOSE one singular power (nothing on the side of godmode stuff) what would you have, why, and how would you use it?

Time Manipulation
    (Is that godmode?)

I would have all the time to learn new things, along with general super-awesomeness. No, I would not fight crime, I'm too selfish. Occasionally I might go out to do good things, but it wouldn't be a full time career. Ever since I knew about Super powers, I always wanted to control something man cannot control in any way. Other super-powers can be mimiced by science, but this one is truly super.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Hashmir View Post
    When I die, I donate my body to the cause of whatever ******* finds it first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodgruve View Post
    Really though, how effin scary would the beach be if an octopus could launch itself outta the water at a 200' move speed every 6 seconds. I'd never go to the beach again... I thought flying sharks were scary...
    Blood~

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Random Power: White Fire Manipulation. Burn, baby. Burn!

Lasted 8 pages.
    Good run, good run.
    NOW~

What: Enhanced Regeneration
    Why: I'll keep coming back. Over and over and over and over again. You can win as many times as you want. I only need to win once.
    How: To save the world. There are only so many bad guys. Eventually, I'll get them all even if I have to pull myself back together infinity-1 times.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldonauran View Post
    Why: I'll keep coming back. Over and over and over and over again. You can win as many times as you want. I only need to win once.
    How: To save the world. There are only so many bad guys. Eventually, I'll get them all even if I have to pull myself back together infinity-1 times.
    That is a godmode. That is what godmode does! In fact, that reminds me all too much of God Hand, which is like that, but limits to eleven lives instead of ad infinitum.

Maybe set a limit such as that?

EDIT: Looking up God Hand on the superpower wiki will reveal an entirely different god hand. (Not this one, either). This is what I'm referring to.

Lasted 8 pages.
    Good run, good run.
    NOW~

Henshin-a-Max-Payne, baby.

I love bullet time. I think that if you time it right in any form of visual media, it can make it that much more awesome. To be able to experience that for myself would make it that much better. I of course, lack the ability to down a bottle of painkillers and say, "I got better", but I most certainly can feel like a total badass nonetheless.
    Last edited by Triscuitable; 2012-08-24 at 12:30 AM.
    Steam username is Triscuitable.
    I got VAC banned in COD: Ghosts for using an FOV changer.
    I try not to think of how sad that is.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldonauran View Post
    Not really, and it is very much a double edged sword.
    Someone tossing you into a volcano for example, you would first burn for a very very very long time if you could survive that which would very quickly become absolute insanity (you do still feel pain) leaving you as a husk of a human being after that when you come out of it you are covered in stone for another few thousand years.

Maybe teleport you into space or on a nice planet maybe Jupiter?

The best thing you could pray for in that scenario would be a swift death instead of eternal pain insanity and suffering

/edit oh I just saw only limited self sustenance too, you do need food/water/air to not meat an untimely and final end

Its a nice power, but without other super abilities to complement its very very far from godmode ie you are still just a normal human only harder to kill.
    Last edited by Emmerask; 2012-08-24 at 10:31 AM.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Troll in the Playground

I'd assume decapitating you would hold the same effect as well. Just hold the door in another chamber from your body.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post
    That is a godmode. That is what godmode does! In fact, that reminds me all too much of God Hand, which is like that, but limits to eleven lives instead of ad infinitum.
    God mode? With no special powers other than infinite regeneration? Hardly. It would take years, if not decades or a few hundred years to actually take down another super powered being with the right combination of planning, technology and circumstance.

To be more clear, I would choose the ability to have some sort of outside power fueling the regeneration, meaning food/nutrition/etc isnt needed for the repair, just for conscious function. It would be effectively immortality (never-aging/dying from age) with all the pain and suffering inherent.

As Emmerask stated, there are numerous ways in order to put me down, for a great deal of time, if not permenantly. The trick is never to be caught unprepared and to bind your time. You have forever in which to plot and plan.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Barbarian in the Playground

I'm rather happy with my Peak Human Intelligence Lottery power. So many applications that I could use it for, plus you know, gadgets and obtaining resources.

9. - Top - End - #249

http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Fear_Masking

Typical, I pick the not actually supernatural one.
    Not a power I'd claim for myself. I never deployed, but I served alongside people who've seen things that well, there's a lot of different types of courage, and friends of mine have demonstrated everyone.

On the other hand, I did rugby tackle a burgler who was threatening us with a knife. Is an Adrenaline Rush the same as Fear Masking?
    Necromunda Total War:IC
    Necromunda Total War:OC

Spoiler
    Show
    Brair Freeman of Tariola, 4 levels of Ranger.
    Amiri Pakeha Khan, M.Eng Ship's mechanic.

And I'll dance to Tom Payne's bones,
    Dance to Tom Payne's bones,
    Dance in the oldest boots I own,
    to the rhythm of Tom Payne's bones.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ogre in the Playground

THE POWER OF CREATION!

Or what it amounts to anyhow. Its Truth Manipulation.

With my luck, I'm really amazed I got something like this instead of something like being able to turn into a french fry at will or something.
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Steam Profile

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Adlan View Post
    http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Fear_Masking

Typical, I pick the not actually supernatural one.
    Not a power I'd claim for myself. I never deployed, but I served alongside people who've seen things that well, there's a lot of different types of courage, and friends of mine have demonstrated everyone.

On the other hand, I did rugby tackle a burgler who was threatening us with a knife. Is an Adrenaline Rush the same as Fear Masking?
    Depends there are two different way fear masking works:
    courage or fearlessness

The first You can "control" your fight or flight response which would mean you go into fight or flight response (it changes quite a lot of the bodily and mental properties ie makes you ready) but you can overcome the flight part.

Fearlessness however would mean that you wouldn“t even go into this response which means no increased heartbeat, no diminished pain perception, no increased awareness etc ie being fearless would actually make you a worse fighter

12. - Top - End - #252
    Orc in the Playground

PRECIPITATION MANIPULATION

Basically a subpower of Storm's Weather Manipulation. Poop.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Apropos View Post
    PRECIPITATION MANIPULATION

Basically a subpower of Storm's Weather Manipulation. Poop.
    You could force people to sweat by making the air around them extremely humid, followed by drawing the sweat out of their bodies.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah I think that with the ability to control weather I'd probably go the same route as Cobra Commander in Robot Chicken.

And if my demands are not met, I will turn up the humidity so high...
    But I'll just lay back and figure out what kind of shapes to make my cigarrette smoke in.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

I, uh, lucked out: Truth Manipulation

I didn't even know Truth Manipulation was a power, but now that I know what it is, I'm not sure there's any other power I'd prefer to have!

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ogre in the Playground

I got Pseudo-Precognition, and if you are anything like me, you are probably going "WTF...?"

So here's the description:
    The power to know the future, by some form of time-travel, whether you have traveled into the future yourself, or a future variation of you or another, has come to give you knowledge of a possible future.
    Well, it's gotta be the first one, because I swore years ago that any 2 versions of me that ever meet will promptly fight to the death, no excuses.

The page then further goes on to say:
    One problem with this form of precognition, is that the user does not know anything that they didn't already learn. (Not knowing someone's cause of death, or what to do to stop an indecent, if their future-self were never there to begin with.)
    So basically, it seems like this is telling me I know the "what", but not when, where, or why. Fantastic.

Ok, here's what I'm gonna do: buy lots lottery tickets, that's pretty easy, and it's definitely one of the things I'd check out before/during/after any sort of time-travel. So my new superpower is really being "super-rich".

Seriously though, all I want is to be able to shoot lighting out of my elbows, is that to much to ask?!?

Edit: Ok, I cheated and reclicked the button. My second power is Hell-fire Manipulation, which doesn't have any description, but just the name is enough to make me say "Hells YEAH! Let's burn some $h1t down! Burn it down to the ground! Woot woot!"
    Last edited by Deepbluediver; 2012-08-29 at 02:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    It's not called common because the sense is common, it's called common because it's about common things.
    Homebrew Extended Signature!

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ogre in the Playground

You where in the gallery of the power, just klick the link in the sentence and you get to the power description.

http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/H...e_Manipulation

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deepbluediver View Post
    Snip
    You sir, are an adventurer. You have the power to Burn things, which comes with a slight side effect: Using fire to solve your problems.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Hashmir View Post
    When I die, I donate my body to the cause of whatever ******* finds it first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodgruve View Post
    Really though, how effin scary would the beach be if an octopus could launch itself outta the water at a 200' move speed every 6 seconds. I'd never go to the beach again... I thought flying sharks were scary...
    Blood~

19. - Top - End - #259

Random Power: I can stop the planet rotating.
    Is it too late to join MASH?
    1.Even if you used your power to help others, would it end up hurting them as well? I CAN STOP GRAVITY. Next question.
    2.Do you posess the self control to use this power safely? Pfft. No.
    3.Despite your wanting to help, are you still a threat just by existing? See question 1.
    4.Would your power be considered "evil" (so to speak)? Squashing people into small piles of fleshy goo, (is this how "Spam" is made?) Creating twisters, and making people spin randomly. Apart from creating gravity, I can't think of anything useful/good I can do with this. *shrugs*
    *Flies away in tornado after crushing surroundings to a pulp, and stopping the Earth's rotation*
    I'm also on the Bay12 Games forums under the same username.

The awesome Ceika made both my avatars! All hail!
    Spoiler: Former avatar
    Show

Currently playing the parched and honourable Rabhid Dynasty in Empire2!

20. - Top - End - #260
    Titan in the Playground

Death Force Manipulation

I don't think I'd make a very good hero. Living forever is great for a hero, but an army of evil zombies? Think the cops wouldn't like that much.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM

21. - Top - End - #261

Memory Erasure

...Errrrr.

This will be... interesting...

22. - Top - End - #262
    Barbarian in the Playground

Neuronal Vampirism is what I got. So I suck the brain power out of people and then do a lot of things. Interesting.

Spoiler
    Show
    For fun I hit the random again, I got Soul Creation SO I can make souls, cool
    Last edited by D_Lord; 2012-09-03 at 03:33 PM.

I fought you all!!!!!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    *Hugs for breaking the awkardness!YAAY!
    ...Realizes he's hugging a physical manifestation of evil...*
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    He's adorable, but he's a threat to all who call the universe home. He must be stopped, no matter the cost
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Drake View Post
    "Evil, evil, death, stab, kill, cheese, moon-stuff, mice, evil, evil mice..."

Musings Pulled from D_Lord's head.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ogre in the Playground

I am the most useless super hero ever.
    Cape Manipulation. CAPE. EFFING. MANIPULATION.
    Well, I'll be over here with Aquaman.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks to Terry for my irate Nightmare Alchemist Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dust View Post
    Creed, you guys are awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Now for Creed to quote me and say something snarky. And the circle of life will be complete.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ogre in the Playground

Positivity Manipulation

Did I just win?

I... Have... THE POWER!!!

Yeah, after reading the first few included powers, I think I won.

Applications
    Spoiler
    Show

all Good Powers
    Angelic Physiology
    Aether Manipulation
    Creation
    Divine Force Manipulation
    Empathic Healing
    Empathy
    Healing
    Healing Blood
    Holy Fire Manipulation
    Life-Force Manipulation
    Light Elements Manipulation
    Light Manipulation
    Love Empowerment
    Love Manipulation
    Mysticism
    Positive Electricity Manipulation
    Purification
    Resurrection
    Virtue Inducement

E:

Quote Originally Posted by togapika View Post
    Electronic-Media_Jumping

Whelp, y'all have fun saving the world, I'm gonna go make out with Kaylee Frye...
    You do that. I'd go hop into Pokemon and start training the most badass Eeveelution Team there ever was(will never grow up) and take them into any and all MMOs.
    Last edited by Karen Lynn; 2012-10-17 at 09:14 AM.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Ogre in the Playground

I got Inca Deity Physiology. So I think that I can probably beat you?

26. - Top - End - #266
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Creed View Post
    I am the most useless super hero ever.
    Cape Manipulation. CAPE. EFFING. MANIPULATION.
    Well, I'll be over here with Aquaman.
    Care to fill out the LUTAS questionairre?

1. Name
    2. Power
    3. How extensive is your power?
    4. Is it really less impressive than Aquaman?
    5. Are you sure?

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ogre in the Playground

Electrical Exoskeleton
    I can gather electricity, which is kind of everywhere, solidify it around me, and also use it as a weapon and for utility purposes. This includes:
    - "Solid" electricity armor
    - "Solid" electricity weapons
    - Electric aura (don't touch my armor, it will hurt you!)
    - Lightning blasts
    - Superhuman speed
    - Enhanced physical abilities at peak performance
    - EMPs

I carry a piece of carpet with me so I can always generate my own static electricity if necessary.
    Settings: Weird West
    Work in Progress: Fulcrum

28. - Top - End - #268

I got "Dependency" and I quote:

"The user is forced to regularly use objects such as drugs or devices in order to remain alive or to retain or control their powers. In some cases, the user must also perform certain physical actions, such as meditation, in order to stay under control. "

So I need drugs in order to use my powers. But what powers??? I think I deserve a second go.

I got "Spiritual Awareness":

"The user possesses a heightened awareness of the paranormal, allowing such feats as being able to see beings, such as spirits and demons, that are normally invisible to humans."

So I need drugs in order to see spirits and demons that other people can not... That is not a superpower, that is just messed UP!
    Last edited by Miklus; 2012-10-17 at 01:03 PM.
    Bad to the Bone!
    Miko Miyazaki : Strip #120 - #464 : R.I.P.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Troll in the Playground

I will repeat this: Superfriends Aquaman is lame. New52 Aquaman KICKS. ASS.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Super powers? I can't resist.

Strong Heart? Well, that does take care of those congenital susceptibilities and-

Spoiler
    Show

Bond Empowerment - Love of friends and family will keep you safe.
    Corruption Inducement - May be resistant if one is truly pure of heart.
    Empathy - Know your true feeling/emotions and maybe those of others.
    Enhanced Charisma - Some people just can't stay mad at you.
    Good Empowerment - Let the light guide you.
    Love Empowerment - People do crazy things when they're in love.
    Powers Via Object - If object requires strength of heart.
    (or)
    Apathy - Your heart is cold and empty.
    Purification - May be resistant if one is truly evil.

Crap. Does this mean I'm the Chosen One? Do I have to invest in hair gel? And hair?