New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Minecraft Thread X: In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the ... SSSSSSSS

Beware The Sand...

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by The Bushranger; 2012-05-14 at 01:45 AM.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

2. - Top - End - #92
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Minecraft Thread X: In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the ... SSSSSSSS

Does the trick with soulsand to create a one-way gate no longer work? Because I had one on the minecart line behind my place and it used to work, but now I can just walk right over it, both directions.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

3. - Top - End - #93
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    Does the trick with soulsand to create a one-way gate no longer work? Because I had one on the minecart line behind my place and it used to work, but now I can just walk right over it, both directions.
    It should still work. Might require a slightly different design though, want to post a screenshot?

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

Here's a resource that's pretty much essential if you want to make something like a Wizard's Tower: perfect Minecraft circles.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

5. - Top - End - #95
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Mario View Post
    It should still work. Might require a slightly different design though, want to post a screenshot?
    Here you go:
    Spoiler
    Show

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

6. - Top - End - #96
    Firbolg in the Playground

Try removing the rails and see if it still fails. The normal design doesn't have anything on the soulsand.
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Troll in the Playground

I did. Still fails - I can walk right over it, either with one block of soulsand or two.

(And, also, the design specifically says it's good for minecarts. )

...aaaaaand I hate to do this, but is there any way that an admin could restore 10 levels of XP to me? I just discovered the hard way - and by "hard" I mean "TheBushranger aimed for the ground and hit" - that /warp dragontemple is (a) located with only air underneath it, and (b) enough air that it doesn't matter whether it's the fall or the sudden stop that kills you, you're just as splattered over the landscape beneath the warp point.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

DX Ouch! That hurts.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

9. - Top - End - #99

Here you go:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Found your problem. Soul sand needs to be on the block just outside of the doorway, not the one just inside of it. Least, that's how mine work.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Dwarf in the Playground

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Soul_Sand

Here's something that should help you figure out how to make your one way door :)

Hope you manage to get it fixed. Off to school for me now.
    Note Griefers will be drawn and quartered

Sincerely your Admin,
    HeavensAngel

You can't beat Minecraft!

Multigaming community creator and leader! Clan Tri Force, visit us at http://www.triforceclan.com/
    or join us on our Teamspeak 3 server at:
    clantriforce.kicks-ass.org:9999
    password: Tri-Force

Gaming has been a great way to get to know people. That's part of what I love about games, that they are social.

11. - Top - End - #101

Hatches work well. As when in a cart you travel through them as if they were not there and when not in a cart you can open them to walk through as normal.
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ettin in the Playground

It needs to have a full sized block in the middle, too.
    LGBTA+itP

13. - Top - End - #103
    Troll in the Playground

Found your problem. Soul sand needs to be on the block just outside of the doorway, not the one just inside of it. Least, that's how mine work.
    Erm.

Well, I tried that. And it stops me being able to walk /into/ the minecart tunnel...but not /out/ of it, which is what I'm trying to do, to stop mobs wandering up the tunnel and into my basement.

I did manage to get it to work though, by building an arch on the basement side of the soulsand, then establishing the "door" on the other side. A kludge, but it keeps the zombies out.
    Last edited by The Bushranger; 2012-05-14 at 11:26 AM.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

Soo... I just got the Xbox version of this and I've been trying to figure this out on my own but the answer has not been forthcoming. How am I supposed to keep monsters from spawning INSIDE my fortifications? Last night I went to bed and woke up with a creeper next to me which exploded and destroyed my chest with almost all of my valuable equipment in it, and right as I was getting a handle on remaking the chest, another one shows up and destroys all the items laying on the floor. I was so pissed I reloaded my previous save (which was about 3 hours previous), and quit for the night.
    Awesome avatar by Kurien.

Good Decisions come from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Decisions. Bad Decisions come from Tequila.

I am B.
    Are you B?

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Krade View Post
    Soo... I just got the Xbox version of this and I've been trying to figure this out on my own but the answer has not been forthcoming. How am I supposed to keep monsters from spawning INSIDE my fortifications? Last night I went to bed and woke up with a creeper next to me which exploded and destroyed my chest with almost all of my valuable equipment in it, and right as I was getting a handle on remaking the chest, another one shows up and destroys all the items laying on the floor. I was so pissed I reloaded my previous save (which was about 3 hours previous), and quit for the night.
    Light the entire place up. Make sure there aren't any places mobs could fall in or walk in.
    LGBTA+itP

16. - Top - End - #106

Establish a Secure Area that you know to sealed from all entry other than the one you choose and light the heck out of it.
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

17. - Top - End - #107
    Troll in the Playground

Hostile mobs (skellingtons, zombles, Nice Everything-seeking creepers) will spawn if the light level is 7 or lower. (Honey BadgerSlime doesn't care but only spawns down low.) A torch gives off light level 14; so spacing torches appropriately (they can be up to 12 blocks apart, but usually less looks better) will stop spawns. Glowstone will work as well, but redstone torches will not.

However, one thing to keep in mind is that the Xbox version of Minecraft is based on the PC version's Beta 1.6.6...which means the Two Block Rule is in effect - and, based on your description of what happened, I suspect this is the problem. Basically, if you place a bed against an outside wall, it doesn't matter how lit up your room is - monsters can glitch-spawn through the wall (so to speak) ("They're coming out of the walls!!"), which will wake you up and, if the mob in question is a creeper, result in Something Happening to your Nice Everything. The solution here is not to place your bed against a wall - you must have all of the bed at least two blocks away from a block which is valid for monster spawning (i.e., one block for the wall, one block of air, then the bed = no monsters; bed touching wall = SSSS).

This was fixed in the PC version later (you can even sleep safely completely outside if you go to sleep before spawns start in the evening); I presume as the Xbox version is developed it'll be fixed there too, but for now, remember, bed against wall is bad.
    Last edited by The Bushranger; 2012-05-14 at 01:20 PM.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

18. - Top - End - #108
    Troll in the Playground

Hey, Sap?

I found a problem with your excellent and clever world-group thing... Basically, it doesn't count "dying" as "leaving the world-group." So if you die and use the /back function to return, you have the inventory you had the last time you left that worldgroup through non-death means. But the items you dropped when you died don't vanish.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

19. - Top - End - #109

Erm.

Well, I tried that. And it stops me being able to walk /into/ the minecart tunnel...but not /out/ of it, which is what I'm trying to do, to stop mobs wandering up the tunnel and into my basement.

I did manage to get it to work though, by building an arch on the basement side of the soulsand, then establishing the "door" on the other side. A kludge, but it keeps the zombies out.
    Sorry, misunderstood the problem. The solution for that would be to build the one-way door further down the tunnel, just before the unlit area. You can also put half-slabs at face-height in the tunnel, above the tracks. Slabs won't suffocate you and they'll allow you to pass through in a minecart, but not when you or the zombies aren't in one. Glass, glowstone, or stairs would work as well, though those would have the side effect of allowing you to see through walls as if you had x-ray.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Barbarian in the Playground

A quick question, is there any way I could use TNT on the Ironcraft world? I was hoping to use it to create a cave and expand my lake, but I get a permission denied message when I try.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zain View Post
    A quick question, is there any way I could use TNT on the Ironcraft world? I was hoping to use it to create a cave and expand my lake, but I get a permission denied message when I try.
    That should be mostly unnecessary. Creative mode lets you remove blocks by hand fast enough that making a new cave doesn't take too much longer without TNT.

I'll jump on and give you a hand if you want.
    Last edited by Tome; 2012-05-14 at 07:38 PM.
    Friend Code: 4656 - 7046 - 4968
    Gamertag: Taejix
    Tumblr: http://taejix.tumblr.com/

22. - Top - End - #112

It's more for a natural look then needing too, also, fireworks would be fun to build.

EDIT: ALSO adding a seiged look to my project.
    Last edited by Zain; 2012-05-14 at 08:05 PM.

23. - Top - End - #113

-Updated WorldGroups
    --Fixed player deaths not triggering the group enforcement
    Thanks for the report, Gadora.
    Zain: The purpose of the TNT ban is to prevent you from crashing the server. You can ask anyone who's (Trusted) or above to place TNT.
    @v: No, it's only banned in creative because there you can get an unlimited amount of it.
    Last edited by Saposhiente; 2012-05-14 at 09:37 PM.

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    The overly long monstrosity that is my extended signature lies here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Grue Bait View Post
    Good game, guys. Sapo, you are just too good for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Troll in the Playground

Is TNT banned in non-creative worlds, too?
    Steam account. Add me to argue about philosophy whatever!
    Advertized Homebrew: Fire Emblem 4's Holy Blood as Bloodlines
    Extended Signature.
    Using a different color of text for sarcasm is so original.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The-Mage-King View Post
    Is TNT banned in non-creative worlds, too?
    Judging by the fact I used twelve blocks of TNT to clear out a cliff for expanding my village, I'll call that a no.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

26. - Top - End - #116

Quote Originally Posted by Saposhiente View Post
    Zain: The purpose of the TNT ban is to prevent you from crashing the server. You can ask anyone who's (Trusted) or above to place TNT.
    Oh, you mean that thing that Scuzz, Paper and I used to do for fun back when the server was new in like 2010? :D

27. - Top - End - #117

Oh, you mean that thing that Scuzz, Paper and I used to do for fun back when the server was new in like 2010? :D
    You guys and your TNT, me and my exploring until the server lagged and died...we're lucky the server never exploded more permanently.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Troll in the Playground

Fear the skies, for the Ender UFOs are coming...

Spoiler
    Show

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

29. - Top - End - #119
    Troll in the Playground

What's the deadline for Ironcraft?
    In the past it was one week, is it the same?

30. - Top - End - #120

Quote Originally Posted by Djinn_in_Tonic View Post
    You guys and your TNT, me and my exploring until the server lagged and died...we're lucky the server never exploded more permanently.
    I really do miss that first map. The obsidian roads, the two really pretty castles I helped work on, the ghosted road that crashed you half the time... Fun times.