New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 33 of 41 FirstFirst ... 823242526272829303132333435363738394041 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #961
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [MLP FiM} Bridle Shores: The Great Wilds

The little foal had a lovely set of bruises starting to grow on his white coat, but apart from some bumps, scrapes, and general derpness, he seemed alright. The wagon had ended up taking the brunt of the impact, with Garion getting tossed about in the ride. "Hyrda was gonna eatcha up..." Garion mumbled from Miss Tinker's grasp, not really directing it at either of the mares scolding him. After all that excitement and sugar from Grills, this, well, whatever he was lying on felt goooooood. The colt stretched out and snuggled into the immaterial softness, eyelids starting to droop. "Didn't mean to hit it..."
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-09-03 at 09:56 PM.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

2. - Top - End - #962
    Pixie in the Playground

Knack was about to berate Garion, when she noticed Cloud.

"Cloud, dear, please don't jump on the hungry Hydra."

She then turned to Gwyn.

"What happened is you teleported right in front of a Hydra and got yerself scaresd out of yer wits...then...well...I kinda launched you intah a tree."

YIM: supersilverdraco Skype: supersilverdraco AIM: supersilverdraco

3. - Top - End - #963
    Troll in the Playground

Gwynfillion immediately scrambled over to Garion and pulled him into a hug-hold, smooshing his face against her barrel with worry over the foal. "Garion...didn't ever put yourself in danger like that, okay?" She didn't really aknowledge the whole floating on nothing but something comfy, she was a little preoccupied being fretting over the foal.

"Goddesses....I was an idiot....I can't believe I froze like that,"
    She groaned nuzzling the top of Garion's head and then glanced at Tinker with a grateful smile.

Meanwhile, Cloud pouted and slid off the hydra bringing herself closer to the others. The sense of danger that there was kinda just went over head.
    Last edited by Benson; 2012-09-03 at 10:09 PM.

4. - Top - End - #964
    Titan in the Playground

And then suddenly, Gwyn had him wrapped up in the tightest hug he'd ever felt in his short life. Her warmth, the soft levitation, a sharp pain in his side, "Owmph!" Garion winced, his voice muffled by her barrel. "Mpphh mwhph, mphhmphh mprh!" was about all that came out as he tried to squirm loose.

5. - Top - End - #965
    Pixie in the Playground

Knack's eyes were on the Hydra, who had little wood wagons circling all four heads.

"Ah think we need our resident creature caretaker here pronto. Not sure how long mr hungreh here will stay out, and ah'm not sure I can teleport such a big beast."

6. - Top - End - #966
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    And then suddenly, Gwyn had him wrapped up in the tightest hug he'd ever felt in his short life. Her warmth, the soft levitation, a sharp pain in his side, "Owmph!" Garion winced, his voice muffled by her barrel. "Mpphh mwhph, mphhmphh mprh!" was about all that came out as he tried to squirm loose.
    'Aah.." She quickly loosened her hug on him. 'Sorry about that Garion."

Quote Originally Posted by sildra45 View Post
    Knack's eyes were on the Hydra, who had little wood wagons circling all four heads.

"Ah think we need our resident creature caretaker here pronto. Not sure how long mr hungreh here will stay out, and ah'm not sure I can teleport such a big beast."

Gwynfillion glanced at the hydra warily and then back at Tinker, having now accepted Tinker was now a mare. Sigh. Anyways. "Just what is a hydra doing here anyway? They normally don't leave the forest." Kinda just a rule of nature here as far as she knew.

7. - Top - End - #967
    Titan in the Playground

Garion poked his head out for a gasp of fresh air, wiggling around until Miss Gwyn wasn't actively touching his bruises. "But Miss Farmer was in danger, and you jumped in with her," he protested weakly. He kinda wanted to just lay down on her barrel, close his eyes, and spend a little quality time in dreamland, but he was still in trouble. No sleeping for him just yet, no matter how soft this magic felt, or how warm Miss Gwyn's hug was - his head perked up, eyes wide open as he caught himself nearly dozing off.

8. - Top - End - #968
    Pixie in the Playground

Knack raised an eyebrow at Gwyn, the pointed to each side of the farmland...which ended at the forest on ALL sides.

"I'm in the middle of the forest. Best farmland for miles around, but it's allus been surrounded by the forest. There are supposed to be enchanments to keep these varmints out...but if this one got in, it means they're getting weak. Ah'll have to go to Canterlot soon and get a professional to renew those enchanements before I'm overrun by hungry critters looking for easy meals."

9. - Top - End - #969
    Troll in the Playground

Garion poked his head out for a gasp of fresh air, wiggling around until Miss Gwyn wasn't actively touching his bruises. "But Miss Farmer was in danger, and you jumped in with her," he protested weakly. He kinda wanted to just lay down on her barrel, close his eyes, and spend a little quality time in dreamland, but he was still in trouble. No sleeping for him just yet, no matter how soft this magic felt, or how warm Miss Gwyn's hug was - his head perked up, eyes wide open as he caught himself nearly dozing off.

"Garion....."
    She creased her brows and ran her hoof down the back of his neck. "And what were you going to do huh? Scold the hydra?" There was a bit of a upset but still worried tone to her voice.

Knack raised an eyebrow at Gwyn, the pointed to each side of the farmland...which ended at the forest on ALL sides.

"I'm in the middle of the forest. Best farmland for miles around, but it's allus been surrounded by the forest. There are supposed to be enchantments to keep these varmints out...but if this one got in, it means they're getting weak. Ah'll have to go to Canterlot soon and get a professional to renew those enchantments before I'm overrun by hungry critters looking for easy meals."

"Yes, but hydras tend to go after ponies, meat, protein filled creatures. Not garden vegetables, its not really something part of their diet, unless somehow someone managed to condition them to be vegetarians, believe me, I know my beast creatures,"
    Not that she still couldn't be scared of them.

10. - Top - End - #970
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post

"Garion....."
    She creased her brows and ran her hoof down the back of his neck. "And what were you going to do huh? Scold the hydra?" There was a bit of a upset but still worried tone to her voice.
    Nggh, neck-strokings, not good! The colt fought sleep with all his might, but still his head dropped to rest on her shoulder. "I was gonna drive between its legs, get it to stop chasing you, then you could get away..." Garion let out a big, squeaky yawn and rubbed at his eyes. To his surprise, his foreleg came away damp. Miss Gwyn might feel a little wetness on her shoulder as well.

11. - Top - End - #971
    Pixie in the Playground

"Maybe it was just trying to get across. Not sure. But we need to get it out of here asap."

She turned to look at Garion.

"And Ah'm grateful for what you did young one, but it might have helped to think things through a little more than that. What if you had hit US instead. If you wanna be a hero, ya gotta use yer noggin for more than just bashing it into things."

A bright golden delicious apple floated in front of his eyes.

"Here. Apples usually help me feel better."

12. - Top - End - #972
    Troll in the Playground

"Garion dear, are you crying?"
    She asked glancing at his slightly wet hoof on her shoulder. She then looked at him warily, she wasn't quite sure how she'd go about with a crying foal.....eh....consoling...that would work right?

13. - Top - End - #973
    Titan in the Playground

"Garion dear, are you crying?"
    She asked glancing at his slightly wet hoof on her shoulder. She then looked at him warily, she wasn't quite sure how she'd go about with a crying foal.....eh....consoling...that would work right?
    "N-no, I-I'm fine...j-just fine..." Garion rubbed his eyes again, tears starting to flow unbidden down his cheeks. The whole reality of the situation, how close he'd come to getting hurt, how close Miss Gwyn had come to getting hurt, it was all crashing into him at once. He started to shake like a leaf, and clung tightly to his caretaker.

"Maybe it was just trying to get across. Not sure. But we need to get it out of here asap."

She turned to look at Garion.

"And Ah'm grateful for what you did young one, but it might have helped to think things through a little more than that. What if you had hit US instead. If you wanna be a hero, ya gotta use yer noggin for more than just bashing it into things."

A bright golden delicious apple floated in front of his eyes.

"Here. Apples usually help me feel better."

Garion sniffed and nibbled at the apple, taking it in his forehooves. It was every bit as juicy and sweet as it looked. "Th-thank you, M-Miss." Another few bites, and he rallied enough to get his thoughts straight. "I...I didn't think of any of that, I was just...so scared I...I didn't want anypony to get eaten. I-I didn't know what else to do so...so I j-just went." He tried to take another bite, but he was shaking so much his jaws just kept slipping and nipping at thin air.

14. - Top - End - #974
    Troll in the Playground

"Oh Garion..ssh, ssh, don't cry okay?" Gwynfillion frowned and did her best to console him, which meant a tighter hug and mane stroking.

15. - Top - End - #975
    Pixie in the Playground

"Cloud, come here. Ah'm gonna teleport us all into town. Mebbe if there's nopony here, it'll just wander off to wherever it was going."

16. - Top - End - #976
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh Garion..ssh, ssh, don't cry okay?" Gwynfillion frowned and did her best to console him, which meant a tighter hug and mane stroking.
    The hug still hurt from all his scrapes and boo-boos, but Garion didn't care. He just draped his own forelegs around her, rested his head on her shoulder, and cried out all the panic and fear he'd shoved aside to save the two of them. To Gwyn, it would initially look as though her consoling was inneffective, but if she kept up at it, Garion would calm himself down in time. And then start munching on the apple, because daggum, it was still a good apple.

17. - Top - End - #977
    Troll in the Playground

"Cloud, come here. Ah'm gonna teleport us all into town. Mebbe if there's nopony here, it'll just wander off to wherever it was going."
    Cloud hopped over, pleasantly surprised to see Garion, but not so much the crying part. She gave him a little smile as she hopped on Tinker's back. "Hi Garion." She waved.

The hug still hurt from all his scrapes and boo-boos, but Garion didn't care. He just draped his own forelegs around her, rested his head on her shoulder, and cried out all the panic and fear he'd shoved aside to save the two of them. To Gwyn, it would initially look as though her consoling was inneffective, but if she kept up at it, Garion would calm himself down in time. And then start munching on the apple, because daggum, it was still a good apple.

Gwynfillion briefly looked at Tinker and the wall-eyed filly foal before returning her attentions back to the little colt here. "Its okay Garion, just cry, its okay to cry. Its healthy actually, a natural stress reliever. Science and stuff."

18. - Top - End - #978
    Pixie in the Playground

Knack floated Gwyn and Garion close enough for her to put a hoof on Gwyn, abd by extension, Garion.

"Now, Ah'm still not all that great at teleports...so hold onto yer lunch real tighy...andby that, I mean the lunch still in yer tummy."

And with that, she gathered up her magic and...KABOOM.

Where they had been was something of a crater. Silly Knack, too much magic again.

[ So...Gwyn's tower or Grills' ? ]

19. - Top - End - #979
    Titan in the Playground

Cloud hopped over, pleasantly surprised to see Garion, but not so much the crying part. She gave him a little smile as she hopped on Tinker's back. "Hi Garion." She waved.
    Garion sniffed and gave a little wave back. "H-Hi Cloud."

Gwynfillion briefly looked at Tinker and the wall-eyed filly foal before returning her attentions back to the little colt here. "Its okay Garion, just cry, its okay to cry. Its healthy actually, a natural stress reliever. Science and stuff."
    With Gwyn's reassuring and comforting, Garion would be well calmed by the time the teleport happened. She was right; sometimes, a good, long cry was just what a body needed.

[Hmm. Does she know about Gwyn and Grills being a thing? If so, then Grills seems the place to go. Otherwise, the tower.]
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-09-04 at 09:25 PM.

20. - Top - End - #980
    Troll in the Playground

Gwynfillion's Tower-Wrymple

Mama was gone long time, like much long time. Me miss mama. But, me got Sugar, she fun. Me like the games we play. Right now me am trying to dig hole in ground like Sugar, but it hard. She got paws but me don't.

"Sugar! Sugar!...Me no now how to do this...show me please?" Me asked as me wiggled against dirt.

21. - Top - End - #981
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Gwynfillion's Tower-Wrymple

Mama was gone long time, like much long time. Me miss mama. But, me got Sugar, she fun. Me like the games we play. Right now me am trying to dig hole in ground like Sugar, but it hard. She got paws but me don't.

"Sugar! Sugar!...Me no now how to do this...show me please?" Me asked as me wiggled against dirt.
    Sugar yawned. This wurm was too much like a baby. So helpless and not smart.

"Wrymple, I dig like this." the puppy arfed. A pair of paws dug into the soft dirt. "I can't dig like you. I gots paws and you gots none. But you are big. Big big. So use your bigness and push the dirt."

Sugar then demonstrated with her nose, sliding dirt here and there. She didn't like getting her nose dirty but she adored fandom. And imitation is the greatest form of flattery to a dog. She liked being pack leader.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

22. - Top - End - #982
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    Sugar yawned. This wurm was too much like a baby. So helpless and not smart.

"Wrymple, I dig like this." the puppy arfed. A pair of paws dug into the soft dirt. "I can't dig like you. I gots paws and you gots none. But you are big. Big big. So use your bigness and push the dirt."

Sugar then demonstrated with her nose, sliding dirt here and there. She didn't like getting her nose dirty but she adored fandom. And imitation is the greatest form of flattery to a dog. She liked being pack leader.

Despite being a purple worm, the beastling creature never really learned how to burrow. The majority of its life was within stone walls and stone floors.

"Push dirt? Oh Sugar, you so smart," Me give Sugar big show of teeth (smile) and throw self against ground. I make ground shake. It funny watching Sugar wobble little bits.

23. - Top - End - #983
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Despite being a purple worm, the beastling creature never really learned how to burrow. The majority of its life was within stone walls and stone floors.

"Push dirt? Oh Sugar, you so smart," Me give Sugar big show of teeth (smile) and throw self against ground. I make ground shake. It funny watching Sugar wobble little bits.
    The rumbling floor knocked Sugar off balance. "Use you head. Your big head. Not tail."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

24. - Top - End - #984
    Troll in the Playground

The rumbling floor knocked Sugar off balance. "Use you head. Your big head. Not tail."
    "My head? Okay!" The big lummox reared up in manner of purple wurm, like a snake about to strike, towering over the little pup...and then.

Wham. Wrymple slammed its head into the ground, derped, its mouth hanging open. "Owie..that no feel nice....."

25. - Top - End - #985
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"My head? Okay!" The big lummox reared up in manner of purple wurm, like a snake about to strike, towering over the little pup...and then.

Wham. Wrymple slammed its head into the ground, derped, its mouth hanging open. "Owie..that no feel nice....."
    Sugar shakes her head. "Close your mouth. Dig in soft dig. Dirt is soft here." The pup took a pointing position, front left paw up.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

26. - Top - End - #986
    Troll in the Playground

Sugar shakes her head. "Close your mouth. Dig in soft dig. Dirt is soft here." The pup took a pointing position, front left paw up.
    "Ooooh, okay! Sugar, you so smart!" Wrymple then flopped over to the soft dirt and began to burrow its head into the earth. Messy messy fun.

27. - Top - End - #987
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Ooooh, okay! Sugar, you so smart!" Wrymple then flopped over to the soft dirt and began to burrow its head into the earth. Messy messy fun.
    "I am smart. Very." Sugar raised her head and back away from the flying dirt.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

28. - Top - End - #988
    Troll in the Playground

"I am smart. Very." Sugar raised her head and back away from the flying dirt.
    Dig Dig Dig! Mama Gwynfillion was surely to be pleased with a large hole in the middle of her yard.

Dig Dig Dig!

[waiting on ya in Bits and credit, and FwM]

29. - Top - End - #989
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Dig Dig Dig! Mama Gwynfillion was surely to be pleased with a large hole in the middle of her yard.

Dig Dig Dig!

[waiting on ya in Bits and credit, and FwM]
    "That's a big hole. Wow." said Sugar. Her holes are tiny, mostly because she only like getting her paws dirty.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

30. - Top - End - #990
    Troll in the Playground

"That's a big hole. Wow." said Sugar. Her holes are tiny, mostly because she only like getting her paws dirty.
    "You like? Its your hidey hole now! Me make hole for you!" The purple worm pulled its head up from a four foot deep three feet wide hole.

And then Gwynfillion poofed in, in front of the pets, and stood there in shock, her mouth opened.
    Last edited by Benson; 2012-10-08 at 04:48 AM.