New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Re: Gods of a New Star [IC]

Quote Originally Posted by FF fanboy View Post
    Baldier looked down at his peoples, and smiled. They were fourishing well with the benift of the nexus granting thme intellegence with which to fcontemplate, and power with which to defend themselves against the harsh wilds. Yet he had been pleased with the results of his conversation with Sardiouns last night, and he had a plan. His people had recently dsicovered iron working, and had made great weapon out of this new harder material, and this had brought about a new approach to psionics albiet an odd one his peoples called the physic warrior a being who wieled both rigtousness of mind, and cunning with a blade. While Blaider thought this was an odd develop-ment he was far from displeased with them, and as a reward he took the wisest, and most intellegent of their large tribe, and sent them to act as emmisaries to Sardoiunius people.

Then turning back to his people he saw them amenting the dead, and burying them as well as preforming rites to guide the spirts of the dead. So baldier took a piece of the shadow, and he made it into a ever strecthing field dotted with magnificent manors, and creatures of the finest beauty ever beheld in the eyes of any of Baldiers faithful.
    Saradinus'es Avatar, Myrokhan met with the people of Baldier. "I think that we should coordinate our plans for treaty. The people across the sea, your people, are of importance to us. We would be honored to learn your crafts and teach you ours."

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ettin in the Playground

The leader of the Protissian (if thats right.) tribe Gransader came forward he was an aged Protoss, and hs scaley skin had logn ago lost the luster that the younger ones possessed; yet his eyes bruned with the strength of a roaring wildifre, and you could tell he was a well learned man as he spoke.
    "My name is Gransader I'am the high preist of Baldier, and leader of the Protoss. we would be honored to trade with a fellow race of learning, and develop peaceful relations."

3. - Top - End - #93
    Barbarian in the Playground

Erothayce

Erothayce watched his followers spread across the world and took delight in their learning and experiencing life and the universe. They had met all of the races on the planet and learned of them.
    Awesome avatar made by Arokh

I have a love affair with cycling.

2789 Miles cycled Since the end of March 2009. Many more to come.

erothayce.tumblr.com

4. - Top - End - #94
    Troll in the Playground

Gargax

The Ensi of Gargax's following had changed over time. Their chitin were darker shades, with Black and Dark Red, particularly the shade of gore being common. They now had grown carapaces, that while not covering nearly as much as Ikassi's people, further protected the Ensi from harm, this carapace had the sheen of the Ensi's black blood. Their flesh now too took on new color, it carried many shades, but most common were the pallor of dead flesh, the color of a darkened and dead sky, and a porcelain white. Their long antennae grew, and they now sported mandibles on their faces that were cruel and predatory, and their multi-faceted eyes glistened black. Now they not only had a connection with other Ensi, but with the dead, able to feel the bodies and spirits of the deceased with their antennae. Their carapaces now covered their backs, black and shiny like a beetles. The people were more gaunt, with longer limbs and bonier faces.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

5. - Top - End - #95
    Orc in the Playground

Lupin

Lying in an open field in a secluded part of The Great Woods, Lupin started to watch the clouds go by above him, wondering of the conditions of the other deities.

His own people were getting along well; following his laws and dealing with those who refused, but they weren't really meeting anyone else. Sure the trees covered many, many different tribes, and more than a dozen different cultures had sprung up with the trees and buds, but his people were very to themselves. How would they expand their minds beyond the trees and the plants and spread their message if they didn't try to meet others?

Deciding it was time for a change, Lupin revisited the man who had sent with his divine creed to lead an envoy in visit of the other lands. He sent his avatar with him to provide protection from hostile sources, but other than that Lupin was just curiuos to see what would happen if his people mingled with the offspring of those other, much more unrealistic detiies. Magic, hah!

Still, just setting his people to do all the exploring wouldn't be much fun. So, not having much else to do at the time, Lupin sprinted at supernatural speeds across the land to the realm of Cellis. Seeing his own minions roaming the lands gave Lupin a sense of curiousity for what these people were like; however, first he'd decide to find an audience with their creator. Arriving outside his domain, Lupin called out to him.

"You're known as Cellis right? Lupin here; thought that I'd stop by and say hello, since I haven't seen anyone since we got down here! Mind if come in?"

The Laughing Wolf waited for his response, though with a slight impatience that always surrounded him.
    Last edited by Slamexo; 2008-09-15 at 04:04 PM.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

The leader of the Protissian (if thats right.) tribe Gransader came forward he was an aged Protoss, and hs scaley skin had logn ago lost the luster that the younger ones possessed; yet his eyes bruned with the strength of a roaring wildifre, and you could tell he was a well learned man as he spoke.
    "My name is Gransader I'am the high preist of Baldier, and leader of the Protoss. we would be honored to trade with a fellow race of learning, and develop peaceful relations."
    Saradinus and Baldier

"Of course. In fact, I will allow a small settlement on one of our islands for you to settle as guests. Please, some of you stay, and we shall be able to more accurately learn of eachother." After the meeting Saradinus began to siphon off somethng very important from the air in his realm. The incantation was cast very mightily, and he apparently looked to be putting genuine effort into his creation, whatever it was. Finally, after hours.... He had managed to complete the spell, acquiring power over dragons."
    (Major Act : Acquire New Domain : Dragon)

7. - Top - End - #97
    Bugbear in the Playground

Severus to Alrinach

Receiving the summons he did not like the announcement one bit. Drow souls were his and only his! This would need to be corrected quickly and immediately.

Severus sends the following message to Alrinach:

"I do not like the thought that my Drow children being sent to your realm upon their death in the glorious field of battle. I would like to propose an offer to you that all those my children kill whose deaths are not in honor of me or a sacrifice to me shall be freely offered to you to do as you please with them."
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayn
    You know, I'm beginning to realize that when I chose to go from being a player to being the GM, I essentially went from being a mere leader of some nation to being God. And it feels good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade_Tarem View Post
    It's been said that a good backstory is like a skirt - it should be long enough to cover everything that needs to be covered, but short enough that it can keep someone's interest. This... is basically the train of a wedding dress.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

Greeting the messenger was one of the enlightened, as The Mind had decided to call itself. Greetings, We speak for Cellis, you are welcome to come in. We would love to open negotiations with a fellow power.

The body led the Messenger inside the largest Valley the Enlightened inhabited. all the available ground was farmed or used as tunnel entrances or dwellings. The mountains were terraced with farms or houses on each level. Most of the Bodies seemed to be farming or carrying materials, and here and their were beasts that had been subsumed into the Mind. About a dozen corpses were left lying in the field, some beasts, but mostly ensi, bodies worked to death or crumbled almost to dust from biomagic. children were seen working, but they had a significantly lower workload, so as not to endanger them.

How are you? You are the first visitor We've had except for a few of the Time Shifter, and the did not stay long. If you wish to speak with Cellis, you must wait a minute.

Cellis, meanwhile, was in another part of the mountains, far away from the settlement. he had decided he needed some more brawny servants, so he had decided to make some.

first he found a giant ant colony, moving to the queen unhindered because of his power over insects, he laid his hand on her and changed her, he gave her sapience and great strength, two things that would be passed down her line, along with his ability to destroy them ,and their reproductive ability that was great even for an ant breeder. He also gave her some mind control abilities over other insects.

speaking to her Greetings, young one, I have awakened you from savagery, and given you power, so that you may be my servant. You shall expand and grow numerous, and when I call upon you for a service at any point or any time ,you or you descendants will answer, or I will take the gift away.

With that he left the colony to grow and flew back to greet the messenger Greetings, how may I help you?

Spoiler
    Show
    minor act to create super-ant
    Last edited by puppyavenger; 2008-09-15 at 05:26 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

played the Space Pope in Total War 2125
    ..and the Papal States of Luna in Total War 2260

Playing
    The Gears Chosen in Total Way: Broken City

The Spindleshanks Crusade in Total War: 40K

Dragon Avatar by Serp

Darkness Fell, and with it Light

9. - Top - End - #99
    Orc in the Playground

Lupin

Snickering whilst he listened to Cellis' secretaries greet him and then Cellis himself, the mistaken identity was quite humourous to the wolf.
    "I think there's been a little bit of a misunderstanding; I'm no messenger, I'm Lupin himself. Well, I'm not the real, real Lupin, just a projection for the sake of the mortals here, but even so you should probably know that."

Now that he'd corrected their mistake, he could get down to business:
    "It's a nice place you've made for yourself here; I can see all your whatever you call them are working along quite well, looks like a nice community. Was just stopping by to see what the other gods were getting up to, but since you've made such a nice place for yourself here, maybe our two communities should get to know each other a little better?"

The wolf gave Cellis a slightly more serious look, though still with a friendly grin.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Orc in the Playground

Polaris, to Ikassi

"Greetings, Earth Mother. Yes, I have seen the other gods' attitude, and I don't like what I saw. They are choosing a very bad path for their people, the path of war and destruction."

The Twin Princess looks dreamingly to the horizon, as if trying to see the other gods.

"Your people will always be welcome in my domains, and I would love if they teached my followers their arts. However, I'm afraid my people doesn't have much knowledge to give to yours, at least for now."
    My own homebrewed world/setting: Yay!

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

Cellis to Lupin

Ah, I'm sorry for the mistake, my people have a hard time differentiating between individuals anyway

I would love to forge a stronger relationship. Do you have anything you would wish to trade? and an alliance would be very welcome.
    Spoiler
    Show

played the Space Pope in Total War 2125
    ..and the Papal States of Luna in Total War 2260

Playing
    The Gears Chosen in Total Way: Broken City

The Spindleshanks Crusade in Total War: 40K

Dragon Avatar by Serp

Darkness Fell, and with it Light

12. - Top - End - #102

Ikassi

The earth mother smiled smiled at Polaris.
    Worry not. All of the peoples of this planet have something to offer, whether or not it has yet been realized.

Your people likewise will be welcome in the desert. There are no landmarks to go by and travelers may get lost easily. Teach your people the stellar constellations well, for the stars never shift as the sand does.

She sighed deeply.

I must see to my people. I hope that we meet again soon.
    --

A servant of Erothayce trekked through the dunes of the realm of Ikassi. It was not he who found the desert dwelling Myrmici, but the other way around.

They were alien in appearance, but were by no means hostile to the traveler. They saw no reason to be, as they had not yet known war. They showed him the ways of the desert folk, mostly through hand gestures. The traveler saw the evening pastimes and was the first outsider to see the Myrmicis' art of friendly competitive sparing without weapons, an elegant style of martial combat.

When he left, they gave him gifts of glass and chitin from some of their dead.
    Last edited by Smiley_; 2008-09-15 at 05:56 PM.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Orc in the Playground

Polaris

The Twin Princess watched as the Earth Mother dissapeared, going back to her people. That reminded her of her own people, and she turned her eyes back to the now growing city. Descending invisible to the streets, the Twin Princess watched as the temple, which she created so small, was now a huge building of unspoken beauty. She smiled in joy, seeing that her people was expanding and creating a great city.

The Twin Princess rushed to the Twilight Temple, as it was called; to it's innermost sanctum. There, behind the most holy altar where the Tablet rested, the Twin Princess created a special door. This door could only be accessed by the most devout, and led to the Twilight Goddess' home, a Demiplane where she had an enormous castle, full of spirit-servants. There she would instruct her great priests and the noblest of warriors of her cause, and would also receive the souls of those so devout that they wished to stay near her even after death.

Sitting on her throne, the Twin Princess concentrated her will. The Earth Mother had talked about the stars, and that lighted a desire in the Princess' heart. With the power of thought, the Twin Princess called unto herself the power of the stars, and also passed it to her people.

Spoiler
    Show

Major Creation act used to create demiplane, and another act used to give herself the Star domain. Now, no Major Acts left.
    My own homebrewed world/setting: Yay!

14. - Top - End - #104

Alrinach

Aequitum watched impassively as Gargax transmuted a soul into his servant. Inclining its head in greeting, its gears whirred delicately again as it spoke.
    "My Lord wishes to discuss matters of the right of the divine posession of souls, pursuant to the agreement between himself and the other arbiter. However, it would be his pleasure to have your lord Gargax draw a veil across this place, so that we may speak without observation or obstruction."

Spoiler
    Show
    If you agree, Asmodeus, my response will be in PM form.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Virgo, if that has an impact on play (if it's a pact between your gods, for example), I would like to have a copy of the PM. After all, you can't hide from the Overgod

16. - Top - End - #106

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

Aequitum whirred again. "The many voices in my crazy clockwork head assure me that the Overgod will get a copy of our PMs... Whatever that means."

Then, in a firey burst of light, he was swallowed by an anachronism, and Alrinach *headdesk*'d.
    Last edited by Virgo; 2008-09-15 at 08:08 PM.

17. - Top - End - #107

Liagyi-Nelek
    Liagyi-Nelek listened to the announcement of Alrinach, and chose not to reply.

Instead, he passed the concept that those who drank deeply of the chalice would become blessed by the ocean and would return to its embrace, no matter the circumstances, while those who did not and were slain in violence or pact would be stolen away by another god.

But overall, he was content to allow the Men of the Sea to interact with the Men of the Deep without interference - save a little interference, here and there.

However, other peoples had begun to ply the seas without his approval, and with an act, the ocean revolted. Trade routes increased in danger a thousandfold, as the ocean's dangers came forth to strike down those who exploited it. Not even his own followers were spared in the open seas. They were expected to brave the seas by hardship and magic, to be tempered by the ocean.

To those who would listen, Liagyi-Nelek spoke.

"The Seas are not mere roads to be plied with reckless abandon. The mortals will no longer be allowed quarter to ply it without fear. In this regard I have acted impartially against all mortals."

He spoke nothing to his followers - the magics used to petition the oceans were not revoked, and for those ships who carried upon them a practitioner would be far more capable of plying the seas, but many would be lost to the deep all the same.

He did not go forth to consult with other gods to negotiate for trade routes. The mortals were not beholden to the gods - indeed, quite the opposite. They would do what they wished. In time, Oceanomancy would spread across the world, but the tradition would be passed on with reverence to his domain - it was entwined within the rituals themselves. Nonetheless, he did not grant the power; it was the magic of the rituals themselves that conducted it. He did not sponsor a traditional 'divine' priesthood - only the Oceanomancers. So much so that those who tried to worship him for spells gained nothing.

He remembered the fate of the last gods who came upon the land, and he knew that the combination of gods would eventually destroy the lot of them - including himself - and he intended to forge an empire that wouldn't so much as faze them. The Arcane in the guise of the Divine, bringing forth a race that worshipped him but did not know of his personal existence, all this was to ensure that in his inevitable fall, there would be no backlash, at least for his people.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greater Miracle within Ocean domain: Deadly Seas.

Heavy Storms now frequent at Sea, Monsters of the Deep now attack shipping.

Ocean travel no longer viable without practitioners of Oceanomancy. Ocean travel is still dangerous with Oceanomancy.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

Cyrus

Cyrus bows at Polaris' dismissal and returns to his own people. He was pleased to see they loved to craft as much as he; already they were creating beautiful art, as well as wonderous works at the forge. Taking his hammer Worldforger, Cyrus sent it to the wisest and most skilled of the ogre through his avatar. "This is Worldforger, the hammer of Cyrus himself. Take it in the knowledge that you are his most favored and thus have been designated the leader of the ogres. Act in their best interest, and you and your people will prosper. Now you should encourage the ogres to travel and see more of the world. Meet the other races and learn from them, and teach them what you can."

Seeing the others granting magics to their people, and seemingly preparing for war, Cyrus frowned. While great craftsman, his people needed a magic of their own to defend themselves with. And so Cyrus appeared to several of the most devout and skilled of his people and showed them the art of runecraft. He showed them how anything they or their people made could be enhanced and strengthened by carving these runes into it, as well as spells cast by drawing the runes in the air or on the ground.

Pleased with his work, Cyrus began contemplating what else he could do to better the lot of his people...

Spoiler
    Show

One Major act to creat Rune magic
    Last edited by Ipphli; 2008-09-15 at 09:30 PM.
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

19. - Top - End - #109
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Saradinus, then cut himself, and from his blood upon the soil, lizardlike creatures crawled out. In time they would become great dragons. Saradinus cast the spells from his great Book of Saradinus..... The spells gave the dragons powerful resistances to all things non-good, non-magical, and non-living. At the same time, the breath that would come from these dragons were given incredible power.

The dragons could choose to breath, magical mists, that could clear anti-magic zones. These were Saradinus'es secret weapons incase of an anti-magic invasion from a foreign power. The Book of Saradinus was utilized to enchant both the land and the air around the nation. Those seeking to enter Saradinus'es nation with evil intent were turned away.

20. - Top - End - #110

Alrinach

Alrinach registered Liagyi-Nelek's comments with no particular emotion, though it did give him cause to whisper across planes to Erothayce.

"Death in a storm at sea. Is that violent, brother? Perhaps we ought to amend our agreement: any premature death is mine, and those contented souls who weather the years to old age are yours."

Simultaneously, he sent another of his emissaries flashing through space, content to stay in his sanctuary and and watch over the burgeoning civilization of his children far below as they discovered masonry and attenmped to emulate the abode of their lord. With a flick of his fingertips, a polt of white energy flew down and hit the original tablet he had left, sinking one further law into the stone: "Those who no longer perform valuable service to society will be sacrified to Me, such that I may guard their souls forever."

Far away, another gleaming clockwork figure appeared in the subterranean throne room of Severus, and bowed low, its white garments staying unsullied even as they scraped the ground.

"My designation is Veritia, prelate to the Lord Alrinach. He acknowleges your discontent, but desires further clarification of your terms, such that future dissent may be avoided."

"As it is His right already to claim the souls of those who fall to your soldiers skilled swordsmanship, He proposes that some of your people join His great city, Alomarra, and tutor the populace in the arcane ways of your art of magic. In exchange, the souls of your warriors will be returned unto you for your care and reward, save the souls of those die outside of combat, or others of your people who perish prematurely. In addition, your soldiers may dedicate no more than 25% of those they kill in battle to your name, whose souls will be remitted to you as reward, except in such a case that their soul is already dedicated, through prior means, to another being."

Veritia extended a golden stylus, and a sheaf of parchment enumerating the above appered with a flash and hung in the air.

"My Lord is, as ever, open to a counter-offer."
    Last edited by Virgo; 2008-09-15 at 10:30 PM.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Saradinus called upon Eurothrayce to discuss the possession of souls. The Book of Saradinus opened and Saradinus casted. "Eurothrayce, I desire to discuss the provision of these people of mine to you. It is of great interest we come to some kind of conclusion."

22. - Top - End - #112
    Troll in the Playground

Gargax

My Lord... Agrees spoke the shifting ethereal creature, before the great shadow rose up and moved his hand in a forceful gesture, as if pushing someone aside. Suddenly, an area was shrouded in darkness and secrecy. Gargax came to this place and spoke to the messenger. What would the Law-God ask of me?
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

23. - Top - End - #113

Erothayce

Hearing Alrinachs's proposal Erothayce was displeased, "Why does he wish more? For power or something else?" Sending a message to Alrinach Erothayce said, "I am quite content with how our agreement is at this time. I have no desire to change it."

Hearing another god speaking to him Erothayce responded, "I invite you here to discuss the souls of your people."

erothayce.tumblr.com

24. - Top - End - #114

Alrinach

Alrinach nodded at Erothayce's rebuttal. "Very well brother. Until we speak again."

25. - Top - End - #115
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Erothayce View Post
    Erothayce

Hearing Alrinachs's proposal Erothayce was displeased, "Why does he wish more? For power or something else?" Sending a message to Alrinach Erothayce said, "I am quite content with how our agreement is at this time. I have no desire to change it."

Hearing another god speaking to him Erothayce responded, "I invite you here to discuss the souls of your people."
    "I have given my people the means to enter into the world of my mind upon death. I propose that those who have forsaken the Path of Light may enter into your world, while I possess those who have furthered the causes of life and righteousness. I have also made two great reptillian creatures called dragons. May I keep the dragon folk? For now, there are but two, and they will seldom grow very numerous."

26. - Top - End - #116

Erothayce

"I am agreeable to this course of action. Is there any special thing you need signed or can we agree in words. I am fine with either."

erothayce.tumblr.com

27. - Top - End - #117
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Erothayce View Post
    Erothayce

"I am agreeable to this course of action. Is there any special thing you need signed or can we agree in words. I am fine with either."
    "A contract is fine, yes."

28. - Top - End - #118

Liagyi-Nelek
    Liagyi-Nelek stood upon the waves, and stretched out his arms, breathing deep.

Alrinach was tightening his grip upon the souls of the dead, ensnaring them without lien upon them.

He would have to keep an eye upon the doings of the two self-styled 'Arbiters'. He hoped Erothayce would assert his own dominion further, lest he be left powerless in the face of Alrinach's attempts at seizing further souls.

But the world of the gods depressed him. It was time, perhaps, to tour the world of the living, to see how he might best act in the next age. He wrapped himself in the guise of a mortal, and decided to plan how best to traverse the world.

First, he would need to check in on the Oceanomancers, make sure they weren't doing anything foolish. In fact, perhaps it would do him well to undergo initiation and become a fully fledged Oceanomancer - there was little harm in doing so, and it would test them well.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Cyrus noticed a band of small, sturdy humanoids entering his land. Their skin looked as if it was made of stone and some of their body parts seemed to have been grafted onto them. They were still far away from ogre settlements when the god saw them. While they were armed, they didn't act like a raiding party.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

The pseudodragon Calix explained to Mavil what were his new powers as a god and sent him down to the planet with the others.