New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: It's Morphin' Time! (3.P Base Class/Archetypes) (WIP)

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    :P
    Well, you'll be getting an invite to my game when I make it.
    Ooh! I'll take Blue or a metallic color. Probably Gold.

Ooh, I was assuming rangers were dubs of them. Are they separate?
    Very much so. Rangers takes clips from Sentai (the costumed ones, specifically), and frames it with new, American (well, New Zealand, but hey!) filmed plot. Compare Zyuranger and MMPR.

Same suits, weapons, and monsters, but... Very different themes and story.

Wild Force. I think. It's been a long time.
    Ah. One of the ones I didn't watch when it was airing or after...

@Tura: You seem to be forgetting that that'll be a playtest. Playtests should be small. Like 3 players, to start.

ANYWAY. Rough work on Rider Archetype. Not formatted.

Spoiler
    Show
    Rider Archetype

Not all sentai can call upon the supernatural powers of justice. Some, instead, gain a strange construct that can carry them where they need to go and help deliver attacks in battle.

A Rider Sentai has the following features.

Skills: A Rider Sentai gains the Ride skill as a class skill, in addition to their normal class skills.

Maneuvers: A Rider Sentai gains access to the Twin Spirit discipline, in addition to the normal disciplines they can access.

Ride By Attack: At third level, the Sentai gains Ride By Attack as a bonus feat, even if he does not meet the prerequisites.

This replaces the Sentai ability gained at 3rd level.

Sentai abilities: The Rider Sentai does not gain the Sentai abilities normally gained at levels 3, 9, and 15.

Sentai's Mount: At fourth level, the sentai gains a Clockwork Steed (horse or pony, based on the Sentai's size) as a special mount, as well as the Favored Mount feat as a bonus feat, even if he does not meet the prerequisites. If this steed is destroyed, it is replaced a week later with a new one, which gains all the benefits of the Favored Mount feat as though it were the original. At ninth level, the Steed gains the Damage Reduction upgrade at no extra cost, providing DR 5/Adamantine. This mount may be reflavored as desired (for instance, into a large beetle that carries its owner in battle on its back, or as a more modern device like a motorcycle), but uses the stats of the appropriately sized steed regardless of appearance.

This replaces Strike of Justice and the Sentai ability gained at 9th level.

Improved Mount: At tenth level and every five levels thereafter, the mount gained through Sentai's Mount gains an ability from the below list.

Flight- The sentai's mount can fly, at a speed of 30 feet with perfect maneuverability, or at a speed of 60 feet with poor maneuverability, chosen upon taking this ability.
    Energy Resistance- The sentai's mount gains energy resistance 15 to one of the following, chosen when this ability is gained; acid, cold, electricity, or fire. This may be taken multiple times. Each time, it grants resistance to another energy type.
    Enhanced Attacks- The natural attacks of the sentai's mount gain the ability to ignore any damage reduction.
    Overrun- The sentai's mount gains the overrun special quality.

This replaces the Sentai ability gained at 15th level

Not sure if good enough or not... Advice?

Also, another archetype is in the making.

"Mysterious Guardian". Because Tuxedo Kamen is a henshin hero too.

Focuses on defending others and OHKOs. Of Justice.
    Last edited by The-Mage-King; 2012-05-23 at 07:20 PM.
    Steam account. Add me to argue about philosophy whatever!
    Advertized Homebrew: Fire Emblem 4's Holy Blood as Bloodlines
    Extended Signature.
    Using a different color of text for sarcasm is so original.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The-Mage-King View Post
    @Tura: You seem to be forgetting that that'll be a playtest. Playtests should be small. Like 3 players, to start.
    Lix, myself, and one other

(I can smiley spam too!)
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.

Faith: 6.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

Ooh! I'll take Blue or a metallic color. Probably Gold.
    I...but...
    Hmm. Will that game be able to maintain a facade of seriousness if I let you play a sentai...

Very much so. Rangers takes clips from Sentai (the costumed ones, specifically), and frames it with new, American (well, New Zealand, but hey!) filmed plot. Compare Zyuranger and MMPR.

Huh. Did not know that.
    Would you say the originals are better?

Ah. One of the ones I didn't watch when it was airing or after...
    Typical. xD

(counts)
    There are three of us. :P

Also, another archetype is in the making.

"Mysterious Guardian". Because Tuxedo Kamen is a henshin hero too.

Focuses on defending others and OHKOs. Of Justice.
    IN THE NAME OF THE MOON!
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Troll in the Playground

I...but...
    Hmm. Will that game be able to maintain a facade of seriousness if I let you play a sentai...
    Oh, not a Sentai game. *Cue default build*

Really, the question is "will that game be able to maintain a facade of seriousness if [you] let [me] play".

Huh. Did not know that.
    Honestly? Only Super Sentai series I've watched in full is Gokaiger. I'd say... Different.

(counts)
    There are three of us. :P
    I'd be DMing, you know, not playing.

IN THE NAME OF THE MOON!
    Wrong thread.

Multiclassing feat idea brewing...
    Last edited by The-Mage-King; 2012-05-23 at 08:18 PM.
    Extended Signature.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, not a Sentai game. *Cue default build*

Really, the question is "will that game be able to maintain a facade of seriousness if [you] let [me] play".
    (giggles)
    Worth it.

Honestly? Only Super Sentai series I've watched in full is Gokaiger. I'd say... Different.
    Ha. xD
    Fair enough.

I'd be DMing, you know, not playing.
    But that's less funny!

Wrong thread.

Multiclassing feat idea brewing...
    You're welcome!
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Troll in the Playground

I'd definitely be interested in a Sentai game as well. Got into a similar game before that used bards/dragonfire inspiration but that died out pretty quickly unfortunately.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

Huh. Did not know that.
    There's different standards of what's allowed on a kids' show. Sentai isn't afraid to kill characters off, but it also has more goofiness. PR has more out-of-suit fights and Super Modes, Sentai has awesome theme music for each character and mech. Sentai toys are higher quality than their PR equivalents, but they're also much more expensive.

And then there's the occasional series like Timeranger/Time Force, which are practically identical. And Go-Busters, the current Sentai series which is heavily influenced by PR.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Bugbear in the Playground

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

Did someone say... Sentai game?

(Yes, that means I'm interested. Very much so!)
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    There's different standards of what's allowed on a kids' show. Sentai isn't afraid to kill characters off, but it also has more goofiness. PR has more out-of-suit fights and Super Modes, Sentai has awesome theme music for each character and mech. Sentai toys are higher quality than their PR equivalents, but they're also much more expensive.

And then there's the occasional series like Timeranger/Time Force, which are practically identical. And Go-Busters, the current Sentai series which is heavily influenced by PR.
    (nods)
    I think I may end up watching PR just cause I did when I was younger.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hanuman View Post
    And that is effectively the clip that got me into watching Kamen Rider period. Hell I've even used the music from that clip in several projects as background music just because I could.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

I'm doing a 'Marvel Ultimate Hawkeye' with crossbows. I dont have the Magic Item Compendium with me but I think I'll be using the Quickloading crossbow property.

Feats: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Improved Precise Shot, Rapid Shot, 2 Wep-fighting, Imp. 2 Wep-fighting, Greater 2 Wep-fighting.

Come to think of it, many costumed-superheroes-with-a-secret-identity concept can be simulated with this class.
    Last edited by miniviewer; 2012-05-25 at 07:29 AM.

13. - Top - End - #73

BlueKnightGuy

@ TMK - about the strength/speed thing from the improved suit, I'd agree with you there.

on the part of the totems and giving them too much, perhaps an ACF that trades the elemntal powers they can gain for totem abilties, as I can recall a number of teams that didn't have elements.

Rider ACF: looks good. perhaps a PrC in there to make the bike itself more potent.

Tuxedo Kamen ACF : hmmm, maybe replace strike of ustice with a variant of death attack/smite, higher ac as standard, and maybe pick up some defencive abilites in place of some sentai abilities.

also, I may need to check out that movie as I just saw gokaiger use ooos combos, which made me happy indeed

also, lol, sentai game. I may need to try one of those when this is a bit more finished

14. - Top - End - #74
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BlackestOfMages View Post
    @ TMK - about the strength/speed thing from the improved suit, I'd agree with you there.
    Right. When I get the next two archetypes up, it'll be changed.

on the part of the totems and giving them too much, perhaps an ACF that trades the elemntal powers they can gain for totem abilties, as I can recall a number of teams that didn't have elements.
    Hm... Might work for an archetype. Trade Strike of Justice for a few feats/abilities for a fighting style, maybe add in a loss of an ability or two...

(Note I'm using "Archetype" as the term specifically because these are major changes to the class abilities, and it's much better than calling them variant classes. ACFs trade off one, maybe two abilities. These do so much more, like changing HD size and such.)

Rider ACF: looks good. perhaps a PrC in there to make the bike itself more potent.
    Already included. I didn't link to Twin Spirit and the feat there, but it scales the power of the mount with IL. So there's something.

Tuxedo Kamen ACF : hmmm, maybe replace strike of ustice with a variant of death attack/smite, higher ac as standard, and maybe pick up some defencive abilites in place of some sentai abilities.
    Currently, the OHKO renders the target unconscious on a failed Fort save, and doesn't work on things immune to nonleathal damage. Protective abilities apply to allies, so the sentai takes the hit/targeted spell for them. Capstone is Sheild Other on

also, lol, sentai game. I may need to try one of those when this is a bit more finished
    Yeah. Bit more work, and this'll be done...

I'll format and add the Mysterious Guardian and Rider archetypes after I mow the lawn.
    Extended Signature.

15. - Top - End - #75

BlueKnightGuy

(Note I'm using "Archetype" as the term specifically because these are major changes to the class abilities, and it's much better than calling them variant classes. ACFs trade off one, maybe two abilities. These do so much more, like changing HD size and such.)
    fairy snuff, makes sense, I s'pose.

Already included. I didn't link to Twin Spirit and the feat there, but it scales the power of the mount with IL. So there's something.
    yeah, but I meant a prc that added things like blasters etc to the bike, to make it epic, no just the current boring abilities it can get
    Currently, the OHKO renders the target unconscious on a failed Fort save, and doesn't work on things immune to nonleathal damage. Protective abilities apply to allies, so the sentai takes the hit/targeted spell for them. Capstone is Sheild Other on
    makes sense

16. - Top - End - #76
    Troll in the Playground

A PrC that adds a super mode with a Red Ranger only PrC that adds a Battelizer?
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #77
    Troll in the Playground

Because I didn't reply to this yet...

Quote Originally Posted by Hanuman View Post
    ...No, you mean "needs a way to use Strike of Justice as a ranged touch attack".

'sides, Bard multiclass feat.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackestOfMages View Post
    fairy snuff, makes sense, I s'pose.
    Heh.

yeah, but I meant a prc that added things like blasters etc to the bike, to make it epic, no just the current boring abilities it can get
    Install Wand Chambers and wands Magic Missile (3rd).

makes sense
    Yeah. Speaking of which, up now.

Quote Originally Posted by Turalisj View Post
    A PrC that adds a super mode with a Red Ranger only PrC that adds a Battelizer?
    I've already said what Battlizers are- the Red is the only one who thought to take more levels in the PrC!

So, added the two archetypes, and fixed Greater Imp. Suit. Gonna work on the suggested Beast Totem archetype or the Super Mode PrC, I guess.

Maybe some items...
    Extended Signature.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Barbarian in the Playground

Would it be possible to either make all the Mysterious Guardian abilities be based off of CHA, or make it so that all charisma based Sentai class features use wisdom instead if you take that ACF? Otherwise, Guardians are going to want high charisma, constitution, wisdom, and, to a lesser extent, strength and dexterity. That seems a little too MAD to my mind.

Also, while Mysterious Guardians will generally have at least a +1 WIS modifier, perhaps it'd be a good idea to make it so that it is always possible for Swift Takedown to knock a target unconscous, even if the Guardian is suffering from a hefty WIS penalty.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vauron View Post
    Would it be possible to either make all the Mysterious Guardian abilities be based off of CHA, or make it so that all charisma based Sentai class features use wisdom instead if you take that ACF? Otherwise, Guardians are going to want high charisma, constitution, wisdom, and, to a lesser extent, strength and dexterity. That seems a little too MAD to my mind.
    Well, if Sentai want [Self] Abilities in numbers greater than 1, they need Wisdom already...

And there's nothing saying that the Mysterious guardian has to go with abilities that allow a save- Taking Sentai Knight at first level makes up for the lost AC, while a few other abilities will let them gain special attacks that don't need Cha.

But yeah, it would be possible. Just not needed. After all, if you can already build a Wis-based Sentai...

Also, while Mysterious Guardians will generally have at least a +1 WIS modifier, perhaps it'd be a good idea to make it so that it is always possible for Swift Takedown to knock a target unconscous, even if the Guardian is suffering from a hefty WIS penalty.
    Hm... How about that one becomes "the higher of his Wisdom or Charisma modifiers", instead of just "Wisdom modifier"?
    Extended Signature.

20. - Top - End - #80

Well, if Sentai want [Self] Abilities in numbers greater than 1, they need Wisdom already...
    Gah, missed that. Apparently the base class was more MAD than I thought. Nevermind. Of the 6 [Self] Abilities, the ones that seem most desirable to me are Bravado, and Gut Instinct. Maybe Endurance, if it is folded together with Indomitability. Being able to only pick one [Self] ability if you dump WIS isn't that painful.

And there's nothing saying that the Mysterious guardian has to go with abilities that allow a save- Taking Sentai Knight at first level makes up for the lost AC, while a few other abilities will let them gain special attacks that don't need Cha.
    Thing is, should a Sentai really be considering CHA for a dumpstat ever? CHA gives a Sentai AC, Damage, To-Hit, Saves, and Henshin duration. With Gut Instinct and decent initiative the Sentai should be able to use Henshin fast enough to have close to ~100% uptime. Assuming you have a decent CHA score, of course. Frankly, getting CHA to damage and attack rolls is the only reason I considered dropping STR from the list of abilities a Sentai needs.

Hm... How about that one becomes "the higher of his Wisdom or Charisma modifiers", instead of just "Wisdom modifier"?
    That should work.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vauron View Post
    Gah, missed that. Apparently the base class was more MAD than I thought. Nevermind. Of the 6 [Self] Abilities, the ones that seem most desirable to me are Bravado, and Gut Instinct. Maybe Endurance, if it is folded together with Indomitability. Being able to only pick one [Self] ability if you dump WIS isn't that painful.
    You wouldn't want Cha to Dex checks/skills, and the ability to make the three useful Str skills Dex?

Hm... Suggestions on how to improve them, then? Fold Impressive into Flashy, probably, the two you mentioned that should be folded together...

Also, what would you suggest for more [Self] abilities?

Thing is, should a Sentai really be considering CHA for a dumpstat ever? CHA gives a Sentai AC, Damage, To-Hit, Saves, and Henshin duration. With Gut Instinct and decent initiative the Sentai should be able to use Henshin fast enough to have close to ~100% uptime. Assuming you have a decent CHA score, of course. Frankly, getting CHA to damage and attack rolls is the only reason I considered dropping STR from the list of abilities a Sentai needs.
    Er... I dropped the Cha to Attack+Damage thing. Cha to attack/damage/AC for Cha mod+1 rounds/encounter seemed a bit too good for dipping, IMO.

Think I should put it back on there, then? Or maybe as a feat, like Weapon Finesse should be...

As for the 100 percent uptime, hm... Might need to reduce the time, then.

That should work.
    Good to know. Fixing.
    Extended Signature.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Firbolg in the Playground

This is the third time I've written this post, so you'll forgive me if I'm brief.

Gear-replacement is tricky. you have to make your option more attractive than the alternative. I think you pulled it off with henshin's armor, but I'm not sure about the sentai's weapon. It can come up to par with the use of sentai abilities, but I'm not sure about it. My suggestion is to roll the strike of justice ability into the sentai's weapon, which would put it over the top. Drop the move action activation and tie it so you only deal the damage with your sentai weapon.

Alter ego could probably be rolled into henshin.

Is team player a burst or an aura? Or, rephrased, does the bonus last if allies move out past 30 foot radius?

Sentai ability is out of order, it should be before team player.

Heroic legacy (defense) should specify if it's the deflection bonus, 'cause it could be interpreted to mean the armor bonus.

Power of teamwork confuses me. does the attack deal half the damage they would have dealt, or half your normal damage?

Sentai abilites;

Enhanced shield: I haven't found a shield-related sentai ability, except perhaps the sentai knight thing. Did I miss something, or is this meant to enhance that?

Enhanced visor: this is real weak comparatively. Perhaps blindsense 30istead of darkvision?

Favored Technique: what's a formula?

Greater Improved Suit; I think this ability should enhance the ability you chose with Improved Suit, not offer a new choice.

Heroic durability: I think the DR should be /evil, not /-

Team Amplification: Team player doesn't add a team bonus.

Archetypes:

Loner. I'm not gonna look too deep into army of one, but I've seen it around and it's usually viewed as balanced, so I'll go with it. Otherwise, it seems fine.

Magician: I have no idea what's going on here, honestly. I'll trust you on this.

Mysterious Gaurdian: Looks good! Again, not going into the discipline, but it looks sound otherwise.

Rider: Rider looks good to me. Where do I find stats for the clockwork steed?
    My Homebrew
    Five-time champion of the GITP monster competition!

Current Projects:
    Crossroads: the New World: A pathfinder campaign setting about an alternate history of North America, where five empire collide in a magical land full of potential. On the road to publication!

Epic Avatar and Sigitar by AlterForm
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #83
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Squish View Post
    This is the third time I've written this post, so you'll forgive me if I'm brief.
    Not a problem.

Gear-replacement is tricky. you have to make your option more attractive than the alternative. I think you pulled it off with henshin's armor, but I'm not sure about the sentai's weapon. It can come up to par with the use of sentai abilities, but I'm not sure about it. My suggestion is to roll the strike of justice ability into the sentai's weapon, which would put it over the top. Drop the move action activation and tie it so you only deal the damage with your sentai weapon.
    Hm. Can do. "You may only use this ability while in your hero suit, with a weapon gained from Sentai levels or your unarmed strike." will be added, and the move action removed.

Alter ego could probably be rolled into henshin.
    Yeah, but legacy thing.

Is team player a burst or an aura? Or, rephrased, does the bonus last if allies move out past 30 foot radius?
    Burst. Clarifying.

Sentai ability is out of order, it should be before team player.
    Fixing.

Heroic legacy (defense) should specify if it's the deflection bonus, 'cause it could be interpreted to mean the armor bonus.
    Clarifying a LOT.

Power of teamwork confuses me. does the attack deal half the damage they would have dealt, or half your normal damage?
    Half of your. Clarifying.

Enhanced shield: I haven't found a shield-related sentai ability, except perhaps the sentai knight thing. Did I miss something, or is this meant to enhance that?
    Yep. Sentai Knight is a prereq for it, and I'm being nice about letting them improve their sheild.

Enhanced visor: this is real weak comparatively. Perhaps blindsense 30istead of darkvision?
    Hm. Good idea.

Favored Technique: what's a formula?
    See Magician comment-comment.

Greater Improved Suit; I think this ability should enhance the ability you chose with Improved Suit, not offer a new choice.
    It... Does. You have to choose the same keyword as you did for Imp Suit.

No Speed/Power, just Speed/Speed.

Heroic durability: I think the DR should be /evil, not /-
    'cept this isn't exactly only Good alignment. Evil Sentai exist too, you know.

Team Amplification: Team player doesn't add a team bonus.
    Yes. It's not a sentai ability, but a class feature, and should not require the Sentai to take a specific ability to get the bonus for the team transformation.

Loner. I'm not gonna look too deep into army of one, but I've seen it around and it's usually viewed as balanced, so I'll go with it. Otherwise, it seems fine.
    Abilities are good? Good.

Magician: I have no idea what's going on here, honestly. I'll trust you on this.
    To sum up in quickly- Spellshaping (linked in archetype) is basically ToB, for magic. Makes it closer to T3 than it was.

In short- I cut out martial skill, pasted limited magic, and called it done.

Mysterious Gaurdian: Looks good! Again, not going into the discipline, but it looks sound otherwise.
    Good to know.

Rider: Rider looks good to me. Where do I find stats for the clockwork steed?
    Excellent. MM4. Will add in the archetype.

And THIS is why a quick, non-gushing review really helps.
    Extended Signature.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ettin in the Playground

Alrighty, this idea is original and awesome. But there are a few problems. First, the moral bonus from suiting up steps on the bard's shtick a lot. So you might want to add that the bonus from suiting up works with all moral bonus to some degree. You have a few wording problems with the maneuvers thing. You need to change the first line to read
    A Sentai can choose his readied maneuvers by exercising or meditating for 5 minutes.
    Overall, it seems really well balanced, but I haven't read through the abilities yet, and they seem to be a big part of the class, so I'll be reviewing it more.
    ~JB
    LGBTA+itP

25. - Top - End - #85
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldest View Post
    First, the moral bonus from suiting up steps on the bard's shtick a lot. So you might want to add that the bonus from suiting up works with all moral bonus to some degree.
    ~JB
    How many people do you think will be playing a Bard in a game with Super Sentai?

My guess is 0, 2 at most.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #86

BlueKnightGuy

How many people do you think will be playing a Bard in a game with Super Sentai?

bards give morale bonuses? when did that happen, I was sure they where backup casters/sources of DF inspiration.

did I miss something?

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ettin in the Playground

*shrugs*
    I like bards. They're one of my favorite classes, as well as being one of the better balanced (in my opinion) ones. So I'd play a bard.
    First, Finisher needs clarification, because you deal 4d6 damage if it's at half of full, and 8d6 if it's at half of maximum. Finally, Heroic Speech (Inspire) needs to scale more, because at low levels it (again) knees the bard in the balls. And at higher levels it can still beat out IC.
    Seems like a great class overall, although the effect is a bit spoiled since I don't like this genre much.
    LGBTA+itP

28. - Top - End - #88
    Troll in the Playground

Alrighty, this idea is original and awesome. But there are a few problems. First, the moral bonus from suiting up steps on the bard's shtick a lot. So you might want to add that the bonus from suiting up works with all moral bonus to some degree.
    Well, it's intended to be a melee combatant who inspires his allies- sorta like a bardblade, but in one package with cheesy fight scenes. Though, thinking about it, reducing that to just damage might be in order...

You have a few wording problems with the maneuvers thing. You need to change the first line to read
    Fixed.

Overall, it seems really well balanced, but I haven't read through the abilities yet, and they seem to be a big part of the class, so I'll be reviewing it more.
    ~JB
    Good to know.

First, Finisher needs clarification, because you deal 4d6 damage if it's at half of full, and 8d6 if it's at half of maximum.
    Hm. Clarifying.

Finally, Heroic Speech (Inspire) needs to scale more, because at low levels it (again) knees the bard in the balls. And at higher levels it can still beat out IC.
    And it doesn't work with Team Player. Changing to just Attack and scaling like Team Player, so they work together, I guess.

Seems like a great class overall, although the effect is a bit spoiled since I don't like this genre much.
    Good to know about it being great overall.
    Extended Signature.

29. - Top - End - #89

Or for a bigger contrast, compare Carranger to Turbo. Carranger was a parody sentai that saved the series from the ratings drop it had been experiencing, and was loved deeply by its audience.

Turbo, on the other hand, tried to be a darker Power Rangers... using the aforementioned parody's footage, including a monster that trapped the rangers in a giant pizza. Yeah. Unlike its counterpart, Turbo caused the series' ratings to plummet so badly it almost killed its franchise (which was then saved by the massively popular and much better In Space).

It's good to see this is being revamped and completed at last. I was around for and contributed to Giant Brother's original thread, and I have to say, I love what you've done. I can't wait until I get the chance to use this in a D&D game.
    Thanks to Akrim.elf for the avi of my OC.

Homebrewer's signature.

30. - Top - End - #90

Goblin

I want in on this game...
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredaintdead View Post
    *high fives*
    Someone get this man a medal, because he either reads my posts or my mind.

Avvy by azuyomi244
    A Warforged Warlock who thinks he's a gnome in a power-suit?