New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XXVI: Applebloom to Zecora!

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    Hello ponythread,

(druid_droid here, if the eldritch avvie is confusing you). Today was miserable, and I would like nothing more than to go whimper in a corner until I don't feel like the world and the future hate me. That said, would you perhaps have some nice pony-themed pictures to cheer me up? I'm kinda down...
    Have some more for good measure

Spoiler
    Show

and then human luna

That is just what happened to be open in my browser at the moment.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OracleofWuffing View Post
    And that. Is how. Ponies. Are born.

Now the sculpting begins!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Blue Star Topaz is my name
    Equestria's my station
    The Elements define my creed
    The Herd's my destination

3. - Top - End - #123

I would like to say THANK YOU to everyone for all the great musics so far, keep em coming if you find them, I literally can not have too much pony music ^^ Gonna leave my desktop on tomorrow and remote in during work to get as much downloaded as I can ^^

I would also like to say that I identify with the sleep-drunk. I am feeling that right now, and would like very much to go sleep it off. That said, minecraft was awesome tonight. We civilized the heck out of that npc village. Those testificates had BETTER be grateful for the service we'd done them today

Ponies guys, ponies.

Also, on the minecrafts, one of the folks on the server has been present, but working far away for some time. We finally tracked them down, and found a chest with an absurd amount of diamonds sitting in it. One guy asked why on earth did they have so many in this horde? To which I simply said

"Diamonds, dog."
    Last edited by Capt. Ido Nos; 2011-10-03 at 10:59 PM.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    Midnight is Learning

Spoiler
    Show
    *Midnight frowns, taking all of this in. She listens to Leo explain everything, and then when he finishes...

"Begging your pardon, and I mean no offense to you personally, but what your organization seems to be doing appears to be the height of arrogance. Who are you to determine what happens to other universes? What divine mandate? You think you know about the multiverse, but the multiverse in and of itself is unknowable, due to it's sheer expanse. Some universes must be uniquely fated for things to happen, while others are completely deterministic, where choices matter. Who are you to interfere with any of that? You could screw things up worse than what they were originally going to turn out to be!

Not only that, who polices you? You cannot tell me your organization nor these Exalted are incorruptable. You cannot tell me that you do not have agendas that determine your actions, and the paths that you take. Who are you to decide right and wrong? You said your kind ruled a world once, but now you do not? That in and of itself is questionable to me. Makes me wonder.

Of course, on the other hand, it's doubtful your kind has a huge impact on the multiverse as a whole. If the theory is correct that decisions create alternate universes, than your group of, what, seven hundred? Your group couldn't possibly hope to police anything than a small subsection of even the small subsection of worlds where sun and moon are controlled. That's not even getting into the potential that many universes might have hundreds, thousands, MILLIONS of worlds out there!"

Her horn flicks, and the book reappears, Midnight grasping it with her magic. She eyes Leo.

"I suppose what I'm saying is that I do not recognize you or your organizations authority. I appreciate the tip on the magic, however, I'm always willing to learn from new sources."
    Midnight is Learning
    Spoiler
    Show
    Leo nods and sighs, hanging his head. "I know... There are those who give in to temptation, give in to less than good natures. I know my group has flaws, that it's not big enough to do everything we want to do. I know all of these things. I made a similar argument myself at first, with an added 'Why did you let what happened to my world happen?' I don't know how to answer you, I never liked the answers I got."

"However, I've also seen what happens if we don't try. I told you the Multiverse works like an intricate machine. Damage or some disruption in one tiny part of it can spread, cause entire realities to just... Cease to exist. I can't let someone's failure or evil actions hurt an innocent, not if I can do anything about it. I don't want to see another Equestria become as broken as mine was."

"And I'm glad you don't think it gives me some kind of position or authority. I want you to treat me like an individual. I don't want you to judge me based on the actions others in my group, or previous Exalts made anymore than I think you'd want me to judge you based on Snips, Snails or Blueblood."
    He raises his head and holds out a hoof to her. "Will you give me a chance to prove myself with my actions, my words? Will you let me try to be your friend? Please?"

OOC: Ugh, so much drama. But hopefully this will help clear the air between them. I'd much rather them get along, so they can focus their combined efforts on those who deserve it. Like Blueblood Senior!

Dexam, I hope everything will be okay. I can only imagine how worried you must be.
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Banned

Spoiler
    Show

"I don't know, Pony. What's your angle?"

Blueblood winced. Could this creature be purposefully trying to sabotage negotiations? It had ignored social and diplomatic mores so far, and it's voice!

"See here, my good Earl, you have all of the information already. I don't know why you insist on giving myself and my Princesses motives they do not have. Is it so hard? We have a pony who needs kidnapping. You need gems for your people's economy, and moreover," Blueblood leaned towards the Diamond dog, ignoring the rustle and clanked of his heavy guards, "your people need the food shipments that only Equestria is willing to barter for. You've alienated the the Fu republic, the dragons don't care about your dwindling supply veins or the famine that cuts your workforce in half; the griffons have declared outright war on your people!"

He sat back, watching. The Earl of Canidae had remarkable composure for a diamond dog - he shook slightly in lieu of the usual loud gesticulations - and the Duke relaxed. It's all downhill from here, Auntie.

"So..." the shrill gravelly voice made Blueblood tense again. "We capture pony, we get the goods, cheaper? You have yourself a deal, pon--" Prince Blueblood snorted forcefully, and the Earl swallowed with equal force "Er, I mean. you have yourself a deal, Duke Blueblood." The Earl Stood. Blueblood Stood. The guards stood.

Three droplets sounded in the far cavern reaches. A fourescent purple fungus rolled by, like some undersea creature miming the Mild West.

"I'll just see myself out then. Good day, um, 'gentleman'." Blueblood turned with dramatic flair, leaving a small bag of bits, and carrying the signed trade agreement back to Celestia under his cloak.

-

"Auntie, I don't understand. Why is this necessary?" Prince complained. "Why can't we just tell them what they need to know? One of them is your apprentice, even! I'm sure they would—"

"Sir Blueblood, this is an official briefing. You will stand at attention and address me appropriately." The admonition was spoken gently, lovingly. Prince's blood ran cold and his faced burned red. It was dawning on him more and more that this was serious.

Seeing him stand to attention, Celestia herself relaxed, and took over pacing where he himself had stopped, never leaving her dais. Lit silver by the skylight far above, the princess nevertheless looked as radiant as ever. Only the faintest sheen at her edges proved she stood in moonlight.

"Sir Blueblood, Duke of the Splendid Hills... Knight of Harmony... My nephew... Prince..." Celestia's voice softened and yet became energized, from title to name. "I want to make it very clear that this is momentous in ways even my sister and I do not fully understand. Just as this cannot be only a political move or your knightly duty, it must be something you believe in and feel... So too must the chosen bearers of the Elements of Harmony feel what they must do. I have known Twilight for years, and I've met her friends. They are wonderful! But if I tell them about what is to come, they will think they understand it, Twilight especially. Their surety will be their downfall.

The season is changing, Sir Blueblood. The next great age is upon us. Like the zeitgeist of the griffons, Sir Blueblood. *A series of events so profound that they will change how everypony - everyone - thinks, feels, and acts. This age, we are watched. Things move beyond our furthest understanding. Some wish us well, some wish us ill. And from the small changes we have seen, the cynicism, bitterness and neglect that has become vogue among my kingdom is but the merest ripple. I know how you feel about what we've been doing, but you must understand..."

Blueblood turned towards his pacing aunt, his voice terse. "Princess, I just spent a week in a cave, convincing a neighboring clan to kidnap one of our kingdom assets! Forgive me if I cannot reconcile these ungentlecoltly behaviors with my duty as a knight!" he finished hotly.

Princess Celestia stopped pacing. For a long breath Prince thought that he had finally crossed a line, finally acted as family when acting as subject was called for, finally ... Something.

But her eyes. Her eyes.

"Sir Blueblood. Prince, look at me." Prince could have been thinking in her voice, as soft as the command was. "What do you see? What do you see when you look at me."

Prince Gazed up the slight dais, gazed up the long and slim form of the now statue-still princess. Her oddly feminine barrel chest, laden thick with heavy gold moved slowly with her breathing.

Kindness. Loyalty. Generosity.

Her mane an aurora blown by invisible winds, her chin lifted in habitual regality. Her eyes, the eyes that saw almost half a millions sunrises, sunsets. Liquid, framed by lines of worry and love.

Honesty. Laughter.
    Magic.

Blueblood relented. Under any iron gaze, or stony stare he would hold. Against fire and adversity he could perservere. Here, his Auntie, his Princess, his senior knight in the Order of Harmony, here were the clearest "windows to the soul" the duke had ever seen. Celestia didn't want to plot. She didn't want to command her nephew, to bargain with other kingdoms and countries. She wanted to go home, be with her sister, throw down her crown, and be a regular pony.

"I will do as you ask, Princess. For all of us." For what little peace it can bring you. She dismissed him, and he left, slowly trotting out to the garden through the passages known only by the order. Each step brought him more fresh air, doing little to ease his troubled heart.

-

Remember that what you do is for the good of more than even all of Equestria, Prince. What you do tonight will save all of the world.

Celestia's words floated to Bluebloods mind, and he mulled them over. She was right, of course. She was always right. But still, the urge to find a good mare, settle down into a humdrum existence... Just forget all of this cosmic events malarkey, and enjoy the company of a pretty young thing...

Devoid of any real merit. A deserter, a drop out, and likely holding tightly to some young filly after his money and title, out to make a name for himself. No, this needed to happen. He couldn't do otherwise, knowing what he did.

Rarity will be arriving by carriage. We need to do whatever we can to make sure the bearers of the Elements bond, Sir Blueblood. Some of your fellows will see to the other ponies, but Generosity is yours. Do not fail in this task. And Prince...

Process Luna and I both know what this is like. Afterwards, I'd you need to talk... You're not alone.

Trumpets sounded and Blueblood shook. Of course, the doors were opening! He had spent too much time thinking, and had almost missed his opportunity... There!

She was, of course, stunning. Why wouldn't she be? He thought. Here was a pony whose life was fashion, or - dare he say it? - style. Of course she would look her best, on this the night of the Gala.

A pity though. Blueblood had already developed a crush of sorts on the bearer of Generosity. The letters form Princess Celestia's apprentice that involved her exploits were one of his prime sources of intelligence. That and the reports from Canidae, both from the spies and from the Dogs themselves, had painted a dazzling picture. Elegant, self-reliant, rapier wits... Had she been uglier than a nag in a pig pen, his duties would be easier to execute. Of course, no such luck.

Blueblood turned towards the garden doors, waiting, watching the highly polished gold trim. Soon she would catch sight of him and— There!

Just walk, he told himself. Be*Calm, collected. And yet... Curiosity and concern got the better of the unicorn, and he turned to look over his shoulder at the mare who followed him with such eager eyes. He could only hope she had horrible soft skills.

Brief breezes from between the palace hedges helped Prince clear his head, cool his skin. Everything was going according to plan. Everything must go according to plan... He resolved himself to his task, and put on his best mask of politely reined interest. When she entered the gardens proper, he gave Generosity his best 'come hither' smarmy brow, and set to work.

She pretended not to notice him, of course. They always did that, playing coy. It made the act easier though. Blueblood gave silent thanks for small favors. "Well, hello. I am Prince Blueblood." his voice was so full of pompousness, he felt like he had licked a hog. Still, it seemed to be just the right level of charming that Generosity was expecting.

"I am Rarity." she said, demurely. It took all of Prince's will not to respond to that lovely voice. "Oh, My!" she continued. "What a lovely rose..."

The expected response was painfully obvious. Still, prince admitted to himself that her lack of courtly guile was almost charming. There of course could be only one response to such a strike; parry, riposte. Verbal sparring was what he excelled at.

"you mean... This rose?" Prince plucked the flower gingerly with his teeth, extending it towards Rarity, as if to offer... Before biting off the excess stem and sticking the rose into his lapel. "Thank you! It goes with my eyes."

She was angry, of course. But Prince felt a stab of guilt, seeing the hurt underneath that anger. He couldn't turn away fast enough.

-

Sir Blueblood, this is more important than anything we've ever had to do. More important than anything we ever thought we would have to do, even when we founded the order those long centuries ago."
    "Yes, Princess." He was stock still, burnished armor catching flickers of torchlight.
    "Sir Blueblood, I am not sure even you understand the enormity of this." The princess raised her voice to carry to the other assembled knights. He was to be the example then. So be it.
    "even Discord's prison weakens. Whether intentional or a side effect we do not know. The bearers of the Elements need to rely on each other, even above their fondest desires."
    Blueblood's eyes lidded slightly in confusion. Fondest desires?

-

Two hours had passed, and Prince was certain that he'd given Rarity a less than flattering impression of royalty. Small gaffes that must, by decorum, go uncommented on had been the rule, yet still she seemed to adore him. Now she tired, and said something about a sit to watch the stars. Rarity had long since given up witty banter, and just doggedly hoped for some glimmer of manners.

Blueblood sighed and set out to turn even that against her. The look on her face when he set down a cushion for her was the most beautiful thing he'd ever seen. The rest was almost too easy; wait for her to recognize the gesture, then take the cushion himself. The only surprise was how bad he felt at dashing her feelings once again, as she muttered under her breath. "This is at all what I imagined..."

Prince sat staring into the night sky until his face was composed once more.

-

"I'm very sorry for withholding this, but we had to be sure you could do this mission before we told you. You are assigned to the element of Generosity, Sir Blueblood, because she personally wants to meet you."
    The shock on his face must have been as clear to the princess as her own concern was to him. This was it. This was the unvoiced question that danced in her eyes these last few months. Could he continue?
    Prince Blueblood swallowed. "That should just make the task easier then." his fellows quietly murmured approval, good. There was some doubt in the ranks, now quelled. Yet still his Auntie continued to look at him with concern.

-

Blueblood walked with Rarity back through the palace. Her muttering was a blessing. Not only did it make it easier to know her mind, but it gave him something else to focus on as he guided her through the throng of party-goers.*After minutes of careful search and guidance, Prince finally found what he sought; an overturned glass of water. Being on ones best behavior a he palace was understandable, but certainly somepony must have dropped a glass before now! He had never in his life regarded efficient servants with so much vitriol.

A careful turn, a slightly faster pace... Slow, and another turn. Stop, look around, another subtle turn... Prince was distracted from his maneuverings by the slight kiss of frills on his side. Trying to hide the blush it brought to his face, Blueblood almost missed his chance entirely as Rarity continued toward the spill.

"Miss Rarity, stop!" Prince flung out his foreleg, and was rewarded with a brush of gentle fur and soft, hot breaths of*surprise.

"Prince Blueblood! How Chivalrous!"

Blueblood considered the situation. He could continue from this point, wooing Rarity, being the gentlecolt she dreamed of. Fulfilling her notions of sophistication. Finding himself a filly who wanted princely behavior, not princely prestige and income.

His oaths service rose up in his mind, his promises to his aunts, his princesses, the realm...

With enough ceremony to to make The Barding himself rolls his eyes, Blueblood recited his lines. "One would hate to slip..."

-

[I]"Princess?" He ventured. "... Auntie?"
    "I asked you to stay behind because I needed to talk to you, Blueblood. I need to know that you can handle this."
    Prince felt a frission of anger. The last week had been constant doubt, and enough was enough. "Why do you insist on asking that? Is this some continued test of perseverance? Or do you really feel I will let you down?"
    The princess only smiled at his tirade. He felt instantly ashamed.
    "Blueblood, this will be he hardest part for all of us." she gestured with her horn, though he didn't turn. He didn't need to to know where she was going with this. "your cutie mark. The moral compass. Prince, it's one thing to work like traditional royalty, treating ponies like numbers or pieces on a board or rival players. But Generosity is a lovely, charming young lady. She averted crises through wit, good humor and self-sacrifice. This is not putting the worst against the worst, in court. This is forcing somepony who doesn't deserve it to feel bad, so they will grow."
    She looks away, and now Prince is truely worried. Were her eyes glassy? Was she crying?
    "I couldn't do it last time, Sir Blueblood." back to titles. Hiding her feelings only made them more clear to him. "Luna... Nightmare Moon... I couldn't risk being wrong about the elements, couldn't risk hurting my sister. It cost me a thousand years. Even knowing this, I don't think... That I could act differently if I had to do it again."

-

It had been another hour. The food stand with her friend - Honesty? Loyalty? Hard to distinguish sometimes - and the door were some of his finer work as a 'petty noble', but there were a dozen other slights he threw in just in case. Each rested like a shallow cut on his heart.

The night was drawing to a close, or it was according to the princesses' plans. Each of the Bearers must be emotionally exhausted; if Rarity were any indication, one more push should be enough to send them all running, seeking solace with each other. In fact, it seemed to be happening now, with Laughter trying ever harder to start up some fun, and the food cart pony bringing in... Cake?

Prince couldn't recall exactly what chain of events started it all. He could only see the cake flying, and Rarity's concern for his well-being.

Which obviously left only one course of action - or one coarse action, if one were inclined to punnery. For her part, Rarity was surprisingly receptive to becoming a ballistic shield, no doubt too stunned to put up any fuss until after her gown was ruined and spattered with apple cake. I'll have to remember to pay for that anonymously later...

There was little time for self musings, as Rarity turned on him like dragon. "YOU SIR!" she began, and Blueblood could see her struggling to funnel all her hurt feelings without damaging her composure, though little time dis he have to admire her will. "Are the most UNCHARMING prince I have ever met!"

The urge to point out that Prince was his name and that he was, in fact, a duke, was absurdly strong.

"In fact, the only thing royal about you is that you are a royal pain!"

Rarity began to settle into her tirade, a calm that Prince couldn't afford to let her have. He could later only dimly recall his exact words - having hit his head rather smartly shortly after - but he knew they had the desired effect. He didn't awaken until hours later, when the princess had returned to survey the cleaning.

Prince headed towards her, forestalling her explanations. He'd already had the details from the more informed servants.

"So did your plan work, Princess?"

Celestia didn't seem to catch the sneer in his voice. "Yes, actually. The girls spent spent the night reminiscing. I am glad to say they are closer now than ever. We may yet stand a chance."

"The girls?" Prince asked, incredulous. "not the bearers of the Elements, not your faithful student and her friends? The girls. The girls!" he shouted. The princess' eyes widened in shock, and she stopped walking amongst the carnage, giving him her full attention.

"Is there something wrong, Blueblood?"

"of course there is! I spent the entire night ruining some poor Unicorn's dreams, while you shook hands and partied with "the girls"! The Princess is working with Fu, Zebrica, and Griffonmont! I spent months sabotaging those ponies, leaving a parasprite nest, bribing the Diamond Dogs into kidnapping one, even telling the Appleoosians where to plant their orchard for optimum conflict... And you spend the Gala eating doughnuts!"

The princess stared at him, mouth agape. The concern that had been there since this whole thing began vanished. In it's place was a horrible understanding.

"You loved her."

The barest whisper, yet he heard it. His composure broke, hours of manipulation finally finding their way to his conscience.

"Blueblood, you were only with her a night. This wasn't... You should have ... Have done something else."

Hot tears fell to the floor as Prince struggled against his heaving sobs. He didn't see Celestia approach. He certainly hadn't seen her move, or the servants all flee at a gesture. A downy wing pulled him in, and the princess sat him on an overturned marble pillar, to cry a river together under the watching moon.

Good Gods I hate writing. I don't know if this is any good. I don't care anymore. It took me less than a minute to structure, why by Fire dis it take me five and a half blinkered hours to write?

Standard trepidation of taking up an artform I'm not used to and showing it to professionals, but if there is anything I've learned from Thanqol, it's that the only one who loses if I don't is me.

I'll be shot to the moon before I let a dearth of actual talent keep Me from actually benefitting from this much labor. I should probably work in that prince/duke thing sooner. I should really work on fleshing out characters. I should just stick to drawing. Whatever.

So darn burnt out right now. This was harrowing; how do I carve out what I want while I still possessing of inspiration? The western winds brought me fae desires, and to write this (at the time) short and sweet story was one of them. But when the winds go, so too does the mood, and balancing work, writing, and getting air was hard.

Actual contribution in my usual style pending. Enjoy, a charai. Or whichever way to make 'my friends' plural in Irish.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Ido Nos View Post
    I would like to say THANK YOU to everyone for all the great musics so far, keep em coming if you find them, I literally can not have too much pony music ^^ Gonna leave my desktop on tomorrow and remote in during work to get as much downloaded as I can ^^
    As I surrender unto sleep:
    Italian Opening Theme
    French Giggle at the Ghostly
    Spanish Winter Wrap Up
    French Singing Telegram
    Russian Cupcakes
    ... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Blueblood winced. Could this creature be purposefully trying to sabotage negotiations? It had ignored social and diplomatic mores so far, and it's voice!

"See here, my good Earl, you have all of the information already. I don't know why you insist on giving myself and my Princesses motives they do not have. Is it so hard? We have a pony who needs kidnapping. You need gems for your people's economy, and moreover," Blueblood leaned towards the Diamond dog, ignoring the rustle and clanked of his heavy guards, "your people need the food shipments that only Equestria is willing to barter for. You've alienated the the Fu republic, the dragons don't care about your dwindling supply veins or the famine that cuts your workforce in half; the griffons have declared outright war on your people!"

He sat back, watching. The Earl of Canidae had remarkable composure for a diamond dog - he shook slightly in lieu of the usual loud gesticulations - and the Duke relaxed. It's all downhill from here, Auntie.

"So..." the shrill gravelly voice made Blueblood tense again. "We capture pony, we get the goods, cheaper? You have yourself a deal, pon--" Prince Blueblood snorted forcefully, and the Earl swallowed with equal force "Er, I mean. you have yourself a deal, Duke Blueblood." The Earl Stood. Blueblood Stood. The guards stood.

Three droplets sounded in the far cavern reaches. A fourescent purple fungus rolled by, like some undersea creature miming the Mild West.

"I'll just see myself out then. Good day, um, 'gentleman'." Blueblood turned with dramatic flair, leaving a small bag of bits, and carrying the signed trade agreement back to Celestia under his cloak.

-

"Auntie, I don't understand. Why is this necessary?" Prince complained. "Why can't we just tell them what they need to know? One of them is your apprentice, even! I'm sure they would—"

"Sir Blueblood, this is an official briefing. You will stand at attention and address me appropriately." The admonition was spoken gently, lovingly. Prince's blood ran cold and his faced burned red. It was dawning on him more and more that this was serious.

Seeing him stand to attention, Celestia herself relaxed, and took over pacing where he himself had stopped, never leaving her dais. Lit silver by the skylight far above, the princess nevertheless looked as radiant as ever. Only the faintest sheen at her edges proved she stood in moonlight.

"Sir Blueblood, Duke of the Splendid Hills... Knight of Harmony... My nephew... Prince..." Celestia's voice softened and yet became energized, from title to name. "I want to make it very clear that this is momentous in ways even my sister and I do not fully understand. Just as this cannot be only a political move or your knightly duty, it must be something you believe in and feel... So too must the chosen bearers of the Elements of Harmony feel what they must do. I have known Twilight for years, and I've met her friends. They are wonderful! But if I tell them about what is to come, they will think they understand it, Twilight especially. Their surety will be their downfall.

The season is changing, Sir Blueblood. The next great age is upon us. Like the zeitgeist of the griffons, Sir Blueblood. *A series of events so profound that they will change how everypony - everyone - thinks, feels, and acts. This age, we are watched. Things move beyond our furthest understanding. Some wish us well, some wish us ill. And from the small changes we have seen, the cynicism, bitterness and neglect that has become vogue among my kingdom is but the merest ripple. I know how you feel about what we've been doing, but you must understand..."

Blueblood turned towards his pacing aunt, his voice terse. "Princess, I just spent a week in a cave, convincing a neighboring clan to kidnap one of our kingdom assets! Forgive me if I cannot reconcile these ungentlecoltly behaviors with my duty as a knight!" he finished hotly.

Princess Celestia stopped pacing. For a long breath Prince thought that he had finally crossed a line, finally acted as family when acting as subject was called for, finally ... Something.

But her eyes. Her eyes.

"Sir Blueblood. Prince, look at me." Prince could have been thinking in her voice, as soft as the command was. "What do you see? What do you see when you look at me."

Prince Gazed up the slight dais, gazed up the long and slim form of the now statue-still princess. Her oddly feminine barrel chest, laden thick with heavy gold moved slowly with her breathing.

Her mane an aurora blown by invisible winds, her chin lifted in habitual regality. Her eyes, the eyes that saw almost half a millions sunrises, sunsets. Liquid, framed by lines of worry and love.

Honesty. Laughter.
    Magic.

Blueblood relented. Under any iron gaze, or stony stare he would hold. Against fire and adversity he could perservere. Here, his Auntie, his Princess, his senior knight in the Order of Harmony, here were the clearest "windows to the soul" the duke had ever seen. Celestia didn't want to plot. She didn't want to command her nephew, to bargain with other kingdoms and countries. She wanted to go home, be with her sister, throw down her crown, and be a regular pony.

"I will do as you ask, Princess. For all of us." For what little peace it can bring you. She dismissed him, and he left, slowly trotting out to the garden through the passages known only by the order. Each step brought him more fresh air, doing little to ease his troubled heart.

-

Remember that what you do is for the good of more than even all of Equestria, Prince. What you do tonight will save all of the world.

Celestia's words floated to Bluebloods mind, and he mulled them over. She was right, of course. She was always right. But still, the urge to find a good mare, settle down into a humdrum existence... Just forget all of this cosmic events malarkey, and enjoy the company of a pretty young thing...

Devoid of any real merit. A deserter, a drop out, and likely holding tightly to some young filly after his money and title, out to make a name for himself. No, this needed to happen. He couldn't do otherwise, knowing what he did.

Rarity will be arriving by carriage. We need to do whatever we can to make sure the bearers of the Elements bond, Sir Blueblood. Some of your fellows will see to the other ponies, but Generosity is yours. Do not fail in this task. And Prince...

Process Luna and I both know what this is like. Afterwards, I'd you need to talk... You're not alone.

Trumpets sounded and Blueblood shook. Of course, the doors were opening! He had spent too much time thinking, and had almost missed his opportunity... There!

She was, of course, stunning. Why wouldn't she be? He thought. Here was a pony whose life was fashion, or - dare he say it? - style. Of course she would look her best, on this the night of the Gala.

A pity though. Blueblood had already developed a crush of sorts on the bearer of Generosity. The letters form Princess Celestia's apprentice that involved her exploits were one of his prime sources of intelligence. That and the reports from Canidae, both from the spies and from the Dogs themselves, had painted a dazzling picture. Elegant, self-reliant, rapier wits... Had she been uglier than a nag in a pig pen, his duties would be easier to execute. Of course, no such luck.

Blueblood turned towards the garden doors, waiting, watching the highly polished gold trim. Soon she would catch sight of him and— There!

Just walk, he told himself. Be*Calm, collected. And yet... Curiosity and concern got the better of the unicorn, and he turned to look over his shoulder at the mare who followed him with such eager eyes. He could only hope she had horrible soft skills.

Brief breezes from between the palace hedges helped Prince clear his head, cool his skin. Everything was going according to plan. Everything must go according to plan... He resolved himself to his task, and put on his best mask of politely reined interest. When she entered the gardens proper, he gave Generosity his best 'come hither' smarmy brow, and set to work.

She pretended not to notice him, of course. They always did that, playing coy. It made the act easier though. Blueblood gave silent thanks for small favors. "Well, hello. I am Prince Blueblood." his voice was so full of pompousness, he felt like he had licked a hog. Still, it seemed to be just the right level of charming that Generosity was expecting.

"I am Rarity." she said, demurely. It took all of Prince's will not to respond to that lovely voice. "Oh, My!" she continued. "What a lovely rose..."

The expected response was painfully obvious. Still, prince admitted to himself that her lack of courtly guile was almost charming. There of course could be only one response to such a strike; parry, riposte. Verbal sparring was what he excelled at.

"you mean... This rose?" Prince plucked the flower gingerly with his teeth, extending it towards Rarity, as if to offer... Before biting off the excess stem and sticking the rose into his lapel. "Thank you! It goes with my eyes."

She was angry, of course. But Prince felt a stab of guilt, seeing the hurt underneath that anger. He couldn't turn away fast enough.

-

Sir Blueblood, this is more important than anything we've ever had to do. More important than anything we ever thought we would have to do, even when we founded the order those long centuries ago."
    "Yes, Princess." He was stock still, burnished armor catching flickers of torchlight.
    "Sir Blueblood, I am not sure even you understand the enormity of this." The princess raised her voice to carry to the other assembled knights. He was to be the example then. So be it.
    "even Discord's prison weakens. Whether intentional or a side effect we do not know. The bearers of the Elements need to rely on each other, even above their fondest desires."

-

Two hours had passed, and Prince was certain that he'd given Rarity a less than flattering impression of royalty. Small gaffes that must, by decorum, go uncommented on had been the rule, yet still she seemed to adore him. Now she tired, and said something about a sit to watch the stars. Rarity had long since given up witty banter, and just doggedly hoped for some glimmer of manners.

Blueblood sighed and set out to turn even that against her. The look on her face when he set down a cushion for her was the most beautiful thing he'd ever seen. The rest was almost too easy; wait for her to recognize the gesture, then take the cushion himself. The only surprise was how bad he felt at dashing her feelings once again, as she muttered under her breath. "This is at all what I imagined..."

-

"I'm very sorry for withholding this, but we had to be sure you could do this mission before we told you. You are assigned to the element of Generosity, Sir Blueblood, because she personally wants to meet you."
    The shock on his face must have been as clear to the princess as her own concern was to him. This was it. This was the unvoiced question that danced in her eyes these last few months. Could he continue?
    Prince Blueblood swallowed. "That should just make the task easier then." his fellows quietly murmured approval, good. There was some doubt in the ranks, now quelled. Yet still his Auntie continued to look at him with concern.

-

Blueblood walked with Rarity back through the palace. Her muttering was a blessing. Not only did it make it easier to know her mind, but it gave him something else to focus on as he guided her through the throng of party-goers.*After minutes of careful search and guidance, Prince finally found what he sought; an overturned glass of water. Being on ones best behavior a he palace was understandable, but certainly somepony must have dropped a glass before now! He had never in his life regarded efficient servants with so much vitriol.

A careful turn, a slightly faster pace... Slow, and another turn. Stop, look around, another subtle turn... Prince was distracted from his maneuverings by the slight kiss of frills on his side. Trying to hide the blush it brought to his face, Blueblood almost missed his chance entirely as Rarity continued toward the spill.

"Miss Rarity, stop!" Prince flung out his foreleg, and was rewarded with a brush of gentle fur and soft, hot breaths of*surprise.

Blueblood considered the situation. He could continue from this point, wooing Rarity, being the gentlecolt she dreamed of. Fulfilling her notions of sophistication. Finding himself a filly who wanted princely behavior, not princely prestige and income.

His oaths service rose up in his mind, his promises to his aunts, his princesses, the realm...

With enough ceremony to to make The Barding himself rolls his eyes, Blueblood recited his lines. "One would hate to slip..."

-

"I asked you to stay behind because I needed to talk to you, Blueblood. I need to know that you can handle this."
    Prince felt a frission of anger. The last week had been constant doubt, and enough was enough. "Why do you insist on asking that? Is this some continued test of perseverance? Or do you really feel I will let you down?"
    "Blueblood, this will be he hardest part for all of us." she gestured with her horn, though he didn't turn. He didn't need to to know where she was going with this. "your cutie mark. The moral compass. Prince, it's one thing to work like traditional royalty, treating ponies like numbers or pieces on a board or rival players. But Generosity is a lovely, charming young lady. She averted crises through wit, good humor and self-sacrifice. This is not putting the worst against the worst, in court. This is forcing somepony who doesn't deserve it to feel bad, so they will grow."
    She looks away, and now Prince is truely worried. Were her eyes glassy? Was she crying?
    "I couldn't do it last time, Sir Blueblood." back to titles. Hiding her feelings only made them more clear to him. "Luna... Nightmare Moon... I couldn't risk being wrong about the elements, couldn't risk hurting my sister. It cost me a thousand years. Even knowing this, I don't think... That I could act differently if I had to do it again."

-

It had been another hour. The food stand with her friend - Honesty? Loyalty? Hard to distinguish sometimes - and the door were some of his finer work as a 'petty noble', but there were a dozen other slights he threw in just in case. Each rested like a shallow cut on his heart.

The night was drawing to a close, or it was according to the princesses' plans. Each of the Bearers must be emotionally exhausted; if Rarity were any indication, one more push should be enough to send them all running, seeking solace with each other. In fact, it seemed to be happening now, with Laughter trying ever harder to start up some fun, and the food cart pony bringing in... Cake?

Prince couldn't recall exactly what chain of events started it all. He could only see the cake flying, and Rarity's concern for his well-being.

Which obviously left only one course of action - or one coarse action, if one were inclined to punnery. For her part, Rarity was surprisingly receptive to becoming a ballistic shield, no doubt too stunned to put up any fuss until after her gown was ruined and spattered with apple cake. I'll have to remember to pay for that anonymously later...

There was little time for self musings, as Rarity turned on him like dragon. "YOU SIR!" she began, and Blueblood could see her struggling to funnel all her hurt feelings without damaging her composure, though little time dis he have to admire her will. "Are the most UNCHARMING prince I have ever met!"

The urge to point out that Prince was his name and that he was, in fact, a duke, was absurdly strong.

Rarity began to settle into her tirade, a calm that Prince couldn't afford to let her have. He could later only dimly recall his exact words - having hit his head rather smartly shortly after - but he knew they had the desired effect. He didn't awaken until hours later, when the princess had returned to survey the cleaning.

Prince headed towards her, forestalling her explanations. He'd already had the details from the more informed servants.

Celestia didn't seem to catch the sneer in his voice. "Yes, actually. The girls spent spent the night reminiscing. I am glad to say they are closer now than ever. We may yet stand a chance."

"The girls?" Prince asked, incredulous. "not the bearers of the Elements, not your faithful student and her friends? The girls. The girls!" he shouted. The princess' eyes widened in shock, and she stopped walking amongst the carnage, giving him her full attention.

"of course there is! I spent the entire night ruining some poor Unicorn's dreams, while you shook hands and partied with "the girls"! The Princess is working with Fu, Zebrica, and Griffonmont! I spent months sabotaging those ponies, leaving a parasprite nest, bribing the Diamond Dogs into kidnapping one, even telling the Appleoosians where to plant their orchard for optimum conflict... And you spend the Gala eating doughnuts!"

The princess stared at him, mouth agape. The concern that had been there since this whole thing began vanished. In it's place was a horrible understanding.

"You loved her."

The barest whisper, yet he heard it. His composure broke, hours of manipulation finally finding their way to his conscience.

"Blueblood, you were only with her a night. This wasn't... You should have ... Have done something else."

Hot tears fell to the floor as Prince struggled against his heaving sobs. He didn't see Celestia approach. He certainly hadn't seen her move, or the servants all flee at a gesture. A downy wing pulled him in, and the princess sat him on an overturned marble pillar, to cry a river together under the watching moon.

Good Gods I hate writing. I don't know if this is any good. I don't care anymore. It took me less than a minute to structure, why by Fire dis it take me five and a half blinkered hours to write?

Standard trepidation of taking up an artform I'm not used to and showing it to professionals, but if there is anything I've learned from Thanqol, it's that the only one who loses if I don't is me.

I'll be shot to the moon before I let a dearth of actual talent keep Me from actually benefitting from this much labor. I should probably work in that prince/duke thing sooner. I should really work on fleshing out characters. I should just stick to drawing. Whatever.

So darn burnt out right now. This was harrowing; how do I carve out what I want while I still possessing of inspiration? The western winds brought me fae desires, and to write this (at the time) short and sweet story was one of them. But when the winds go, so too does the mood, and balancing work, writing, and getting air was hard.

Actual contribution in my usual style pending. Enjoy, a charai. Or whichever way to make 'my friends' plural in Irish.
    Spoiler
    Show
    It was rough. I caught a mess of spelling errors. And there were times when I was horribly confused.

But you know what?

You thought of a way to portray Blueblood in an entirely positive light. And that, my good sir, is a good thought indeed. You gave me a good read before bedtime, and certainly an interesting spin on the series as a whole. Certainly worth a few more rounds of editing, and I thank you for taking the time to experiment outside your comfort zone. I certainly enjoyed it.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Colossus in the Playground

*Clicks SiuiS' spoiler box expecting an imagedump or something

Gets something legit cool instead*

Damn son! The premise is inherently a bit of a stretch, but the execution was surprisingly well done. You've certainly disproved your own 'I can't write' maxim if nothing else.

Hello ponythread,

(druid_droid here, if the eldritch avvie is confusing you). Today was miserable, and I would like nothing more than to go whimper in a corner until I don't feel like the world and the future hate me. That said, would you perhaps have some nice pony-themed pictures to cheer me up? I'm kinda down...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexam View Post
    Speaking as a someone currently operating on ~1 hour of sleep, I'd just like to say that I'd rather be drunk.

Spoilered for real-lifeyness:

Spoiler
    Show
    Long and short of it: Mrs Dexam had another epileptic seizure last night. So, another trip to hospital, and another nervous time for all of us, particularly as she started having contraction-like aches about 6 weeks too early.

Everything appears to be okay. Mrs Dex and the impending bub check out okay, but they're keeping her in today and tonight to for observation. I'll be going back to join them soon.
    Geeze, sorry to hear that. I hope things turn around for you folk soon. I wish I could do more to help, but I'm cut off from my tools and my prime pony folder right now...

This is all I got:

Easy as Lying p5:

gDocs for assembled.

Not 100% on this segment.

Spoiler
    Show

"Oh my goodness, are you all right?" Fluttershy said, rushing over to the blind guard.

"Yes, ma'am. Why wouldn't I be all right?" said the pegasus in a deep, gravelly voice.

"Did you see who did it? Which way did they go?" Rainbow Dash said, hovering just above him, ready to lunge into pursuit. "How many of them were there?"

"I haven't seen anything unusual," said the guard. "Haven't seen much of anything." Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy exchanged a look. Then Dash pointed at his flank, where there was a cutie mark of a hawk.

"When was the last time you saw the Princess?" Fluttershy asked, approaching the problem sideways.

"About a week ago. She sent me down to guard the vaults."

"Fluttershy, I'm going to fly back to Ponyville and get the cure from the spa ponies," Rainbow Dash said, "You warn the others!"

"Okay, just be -" Fluttershy started, but Rainbow Dash was already gone "- careful."

"What's the Liar's Mask?" Pinkie Pie asked, peering into the empty cell.

"What's the - Pinkie Pie! Didn't your folks teach you nothin'?" Applejack said.

"They taught me the difference between sedimentary and ingenuous," Pinkie Pie said, examining the granite boulder closely, "And what a rock looks like when it breaks! There's something fishy about the way this one was broken..."

Applejack sighed. "Look, short version. Once upon a time the Spirit of Honesty met a little colt - err, filly who tricked her into becomin' a mask made out of metal. Whenever the filly wore the mask, she had the power of Honesty no matter however much hooey she was spoutin'. She could make ponies thinks rocks were diamonds, an' get them eatin' sand an' likin' it. Celestia stood up to her an' freed Honesty, but the Mask kept it's power."

"And it's been locked up for a thousand years, right?" Pinkie Pie finished.

"Locked up for a - what?" Applejack gave Pinkie Pie a credulous look. "What kinda nonsense is that?

"I thought that was how these things go. Ancient evil, Celestia beats it, 1000 years pass, then we get to beat it!" Pinkie Pie said.

"Hay no, not with this'un. This Mask gets out once a century, minimum. It's called whenever a pony starts believin' her own lies, an' no spell can stop it showin' up when it's called." Applejack said, "It doesn't have more power than a pony'll choose give it, though, an' it normally gets picked up without causing too much harm. Most ponies aren't really the lyin' type, not like that first one." Applejack said.

"So how do we find a pony who believes her own lies? What does a pony like that even look like?" Said Pinkie Pie.

"Beats me - but we gotta tell the others." Applejack said, breaking into a gallop.

"The worst part is how he doesn't see how churlish he is," Rarity said in a low mutter. She'd been muttering like this for some time now, gradually rising in volume. Blueblood didn't pay her any heed, though, continuing on his way with head held high. Either he wasn't hearing her, or he was really good at ignoring her. "While there is a time and a place for looking good, saving the world should come first. And it's the show of true class to if you can look good while doing something unglamorous..."

While Blueblood was oblivious to Rarity's catty rant, the courtier ponies they were passing were not. Twilight was trying to shrink inside her concealing cloak to avoid being caught in the stares.

"Rarity, maybe -" Twilight started, but Princess Pinkestia cut her off. The pink pony princess swung around, faced a random court pony, beamed widely and informed her that her wings were 'so pretty'.

"Twilight!" Fluttershy cried, bounding up to Twilight urgently. She skidded to a halt realising that she had just made a loud noise in the centre of a crowd of staring courtiers, and instantly went red.

"Oh hey, that's the Princess' student!" Called one courtier, pointing at Twilight. Twilight facehoofed.

"Hm? Oh, Twilight Sparkle and... friends," Blueblood said, looking around. "I thought you'd left."

"Haha, yes, just left. Leaving," Twilight stammered, backing up. "That's me! Twilight Sparkle. Lefting."

"Would you like to be a Princess, Twilight Sparkle?" Princess Pinkestia abruptly, with an enormous smile.

The blood drained from Twilight's face.

"What?"

"I know a way to make you a princess!" Said Pinkestia. "And the Princess' best student should surely be a Princess too!"

Twilight did not even dare to look at Rarity's face.

"Oh no, Princess. I'm fine being just plain old Twilight Sparkle, hahaha," said Twilight, trying to back up. "That's me. Twilight Sparkle. Princess-less, hahaha, as common as haydirt, hahaha"

She accidentally looked at Blueblood, though she was trying very hard not to. He wore an expression of mild contempt, but with a single raised eyebrow, which made him look like he was considering it. "Hahaha," Twilight Sparkle explained empathetically to the room full of staring eyes.

"I, Princess Celestia of Equestria," said Pinkestia, rearing herself up to her full height, "Am going to make a proclamation!"

Twilight Sparkle panicked.

The only thing that came to hoof was a brick.

And she couldn't hit the Princess.

Rarity's eyes crossed as she was hit in the back of the head by the levitated brick, and she thumped to the ground.

"Oh my goodness, look at that, she fainted hahaha," said Twilight with an unhealthily wide grin. "I'd better get her to the nurse Redheart in Ponyville right away!"

"But there are castle doctors -" said a courtier.

Twilight Sparkle swung around, holding the brick. "Hahaha!" she elaborated.

"- who, er, got eaten by manticores." the pony finished awkwardly. "Hundreds of 'em."

"Well! I'd love to stay and spend time hahaha," said Twilight, slinging the dazed Rarity onto her back and waving the brick around warningly. "And I'm sorry to cut our visit short, Princess," Twilight said to Pinkestia, grinning even more wildly, "But you know Rarity. What a lightweight! Hahaha!"

And she galloped for the exit.

Last edited by Thanqol; 2011-10-04 at 12:13 AM.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Orc in the Playground

I've listened to this as I fell asleep every night for the past week. :(

Whyyyyyyy ponythread, what have you done to meeeeeeee. And I still can't keep up with you! That's why I mostly just lurk. ;-;

10. - Top - End - #130

Ah, a sentiment with which I am intimately familiar.

For the record, it was superb. Your story does for Blueblood what Heart of Gold, Feathers of Steel did for Gilda, and that's an accomplishment.

I really recommend cleaning it up and submitting it to Equestria Daily.
    Blue Star Topaz is my name
    Equestria's my station
    The Elements define my creed
    The Herd's my destination

11. - Top - End - #131
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

-

But her eyes. Her eyes.

Honesty. Laughter.
    Magic.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

"You loved her."

Holy crap! That's all I can summon. And it's nowhere near good enough to express things...Y-you just made Blueblood sympathetic...
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

12. - Top - End - #132
    Banned

Holy crap! That's all I can summon. And it's nowhere near good enough to express things...Y-you just made Blueblood sympathetic...
    Honestly, I have no clue where that came from. I can't remember any of my day between "let's go honey, we need to get some laundry done" and "I just wrote a story about Blueblood..." I mean, I know stuff happened (like actually writing) but it's all a blur.

I think I was just ridden by the productive, nerdy version of a night hag...

13. - Top - End - #133
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Neoseanster View Post

Whyyyyyyy ponythread, what have you done to meeeeeeee. And I still can't keep up with you! That's why I mostly just lurk. ;-;
    It's done Amaaaaazing things.

I've heard that one before. Seeing as Fireflies was a favorite of mine anyways, that made the whole song even cooler.

Here's some more vids... I've been finding them.

Pinkie Pie... Described Epilepsy Warning By the Way
    Intensive Pony Unit
    Pinkie Pie and Halo.
    Ponybeat
    Paffendorf. d'aw...
    Avast Fluttershy's... Right...
    Giggle at the Ghosties... 20% cooler.
    Opening Remix

I think I got more.... I would need to keep digging in that graveyard I call a Favorites list.

It's seem there's writing going on in here.... I gotta go looking. I like writing.
    Last edited by Noctemwolf; 2011-10-04 at 01:06 AM.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

-

But her eyes. Her eyes.

Honesty. Laughter.
    Magic.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

"You loved her."

Not sure what to say about that story other than thank you, it was awesome. I hadn't planned on reading it but the first bit caught my attention and then instead of going and getting ready for sleep like I had intended I had to keep reading, had to know where it was going. So ya thanks again for the story.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Neoseanster View Post

THIS is what you need to listen to while falling asleep
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8pAB...NClLqg&index=1
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

16. - Top - End - #136

Quote Originally Posted by Roninhirox View Post
    Not sure what to say about that story other than thank you, it was awesome. I hadn't planned on reading it but the first bit caught my attention and then instead of going and getting ready for sleep like I had intended I had to keep reading, had to know where it was going. So ya thanks again for the story.
    I just read it myself. I agree, completely! Awesome, definitely well written, and easy to read despite the occasional spelling error.

And truthfully, the story makes a lot of sense, and gives this strange feeling of an overarching plot that's hidden behind the main cast... that their destinies are being manipulated from behind the scenes without their knowledge. By one of the people they all trust completely.
    Great stories always have two sides... and this one could more than easily be the half that we don't see in the actual show. (And of course, seeing as it is a kid's show, will probably never see).

And actually turning Prince Blueblood into a sympathetic, even likable, character? Very, very, well done. I liked that the most, perhaps, out of the whole story, that you actually gave more to his personality than the one dimensional snobby royal he was in the show.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Orc in the Playground

Honestly, I have no clue where that came from. I can't remember any of my day between "let's go honey, we need to get some laundry done" and "I just wrote a story about Blueblood..." I mean, I know stuff happened (like actually writing) but it's all a blur.

It was incredible. Please tell me you're going to post it on one of the story sites.
    Happy Trixie Appreciation Day!

PonyFort: IC and OOC threads.

18. - Top - End - #138

I think it's time I came out of the closet.
    Brony, eh? I think the term suits me.

I just spent the last three days watching the entirety of the first season. And then I marveled in the sheer AWESOMENESS that is John De Lancie as Q- I mean Discord.

Now I have no idea what to do with myself.
    I wonder how my girlfriend will react...
    Last edited by Vorpalbob; 2011-10-04 at 03:47 AM.
    I have a band!
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #139
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Long and short of it: Mrs Dexam had another epileptic seizure last night. So, another trip to hospital, and another nervous time for all of us, particularly as she started having contraction-like aches about 6 weeks too early.

Everything appears to be okay. Mrs Dex and the impending bub check out okay, but they're keeping her in today and tonight to for observation. I'll be going back to join them soon.
    Today was miserable, and I would like nothing more than to go whimper in a corner until I don't feel like the world and the future hate me. That said, would you perhaps have some nice pony-themed pictures to cheer me up? I'm kinda down...
    *hugs*
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

20. - Top - End - #140
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

I approve of this so hard.

Quote Originally Posted by OracleofWuffing View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Point by point, planning it together
    It's a sketch, cutting out the pattern edge by edge
    Making sure the model unfolds nicely
    It's perfect numbers for the plan
    always gotta keep my normals facing
    two-manifold's I'm facing,
    I'm makingathreedimensionalmodelofahorsebasedonanillus tratiooon!

Face by Face, fussing on the details
    Tri's to quads, 'cause you know it simply saves me time
    make this something to admire
    even though my rhyming is quite dire
    gotta mind my thinnest walling rules
    but that's why I went to schools

Meshing is easy-
    for a guy who likes to think
    Projection's something tricky
    blend steel and form- I don't mean something squicky!

Something curved, perhaps like Hogarth
    Nose and eye, couldn't you just simply cry?
    Making sure it fits within my bounds
    don't forget the magic of wacom
    even though it's kind of fake
    I don't think that will shake

Point by point, edge by edge,
    face by face, ess-kay-pea
    Oh-bee-jay, zee-tee-el
    Export all, get compressed
    and that's the art of the mesh!

And that. Is how. Ponies. Are born.

Now the sculpting begins!
    Despite my own 3D model methods are slightly different, I both wholeheartedly approve and agree with the sentiment...

Spoiler
    Show

-

But her eyes. Her eyes.

Honesty. Laughter.
    Magic.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

"You loved her."

Well played, SiuiS, well played!

You almost made me feel sorry for Blueblood, which is quite an achievement.

Time well spent, I think.

Also, it's probably as well he's been so distracted so he hasn't noticed what you did to him yet.

Shush! Ignore her, she's just being silly.
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2011-10-04 at 04:01 AM.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Orc in the Playground

Hello ponythread,

Ohjeez how did I miss that.

*offers many pony hugs, and a picture*

Spoiler
    Show

Keep smilin'!

Edit: Or two pictures. :)
    Last edited by Beeskee; 2011-10-04 at 04:03 AM.
    Happy Trixie Appreciation Day!

PonyFort: IC and OOC threads.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    Pony things and stuff? Why those are two of my favourite hobbies! How did you know?

Anyway my parents are planning to move to Wiltshire soon (assuming they can sell the house) and I will likely go with them until I can get my own place. I hear it's nice. Less chance of premature death.
    Wiltshire? but that's even further away. no Pony things and stuff for us then.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    What could I possibly mean?
    I dunno.

Wait, I asked you first.

Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    I'm not sure how we would connect Blinkie and Photo Finish together; they don't have the same color anything. Heck, Rainbow Dash made a better Photo Finish than Blinkie Pie!
    Spoiler
    Show
    I knew it...

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ettin in the Playground

Just read it.

Woah. Just woah.

Bravo, good sir. Bravo. One of the best sympathetic Blueblood story yet.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Beeskee View Post
    Ohjeez how did I miss that.
    Ooh. I missed that post, too.

http://ponibooru.413chan.net/post/vi...38?search=cute

http://ponibooru.413chan.net/post/vi...92?search=cute

I hope these help, druid droid. Feel better.
    Last edited by RdMarquis; 2011-10-04 at 07:02 AM.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    Dexam, I hope everything will be okay. I can only imagine how worried you must be.
    Geeze, sorry to hear that. I hope things turn around for you folk soon. I wish I could do more to help, but I'm cut off from my tools and my prime pony folder right now...
    Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    *hugs*
    Thanks everyone. Yeah, I'm worried as heck, but everything seems to be okay, and she's bounced back a lot quicker this time compared to last time. I just hope she's okay tonight; and we really, really don't want this to happen again.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Titan in the Playground

Easy as Lying p5:

gDocs for assembled.

Not 100% on this segment.

Spoiler
    Show

"Oh my goodness, are you all right?" Fluttershy said, rushing over to the blind guard.

"Yes, ma'am. Why wouldn't I be all right?" said the pegasus in a deep, gravelly voice.

"Did you see who did it? Which way did they go?" Rainbow Dash said, hovering just above him, ready to lunge into pursuit. "How many of them were there?"

"I haven't seen anything unusual," said the guard. "Haven't seen much of anything." Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy exchanged a look. Then Dash pointed at his flank, where there was a cutie mark of a hawk.

"When was the last time you saw the Princess?" Fluttershy asked, approaching the problem sideways.

"About a week ago. She sent me down to guard the vaults."

"Fluttershy, I'm going to fly back to Ponyville and get the cure from the spa ponies," Rainbow Dash said, "You warn the others!"

"Okay, just be -" Fluttershy started, but Rainbow Dash was already gone "- careful."

"What's the Liar's Mask?" Pinkie Pie asked, peering into the empty cell.

"What's the - Pinkie Pie! Didn't your folks teach you nothin'?" Applejack said.

"They taught me the difference between sedimentary and ingenuous," Pinkie Pie said, examining the granite boulder closely, "And what a rock looks like when it breaks! There's something fishy about the way this one was broken..."

Applejack sighed. "Look, short version. Once upon a time the Spirit of Honesty met a little colt - err, filly who tricked her into becomin' a mask made out of metal. Whenever the filly wore the mask, she had the power of Honesty no matter however much hooey she was spoutin'. She could make ponies thinks rocks were diamonds, an' get them eatin' sand an' likin' it. Celestia stood up to her an' freed Honesty, but the Mask kept it's power."

"And it's been locked up for a thousand years, right?" Pinkie Pie finished.

"Locked up for a - what?" Applejack gave Pinkie Pie a credulous look. "What kinda nonsense is that?

"I thought that was how these things go. Ancient evil, Celestia beats it, 1000 years pass, then we get to beat it!" Pinkie Pie said.

"Hay no, not with this'un. This Mask gets out once a century, minimum. It's called whenever a pony starts believin' her own lies, an' no spell can stop it showin' up when it's called." Applejack said, "It doesn't have more power than a pony'll choose give it, though, an' it normally gets picked up without causing too much harm. Most ponies aren't really the lyin' type, not like that first one." Applejack said.

"So how do we find a pony who believes her own lies? What does a pony like that even look like?" Said Pinkie Pie.

"Beats me - but we gotta tell the others." Applejack said, breaking into a gallop.

"The worst part is how he doesn't see how churlish he is," Rarity said in a low mutter. She'd been muttering like this for some time now, gradually rising in volume. Blueblood didn't pay her any heed, though, continuing on his way with head held high. Either he wasn't hearing her, or he was really good at ignoring her. "While there is a time and a place for looking good, saving the world should come first. And it's the show of true class to if you can look good while doing something unglamorous..."

While Blueblood was oblivious to Rarity's catty rant, the courtier ponies they were passing were not. Twilight was trying to shrink inside her concealing cloak to avoid being caught in the stares.

"Rarity, maybe -" Twilight started, but Princess Pinkestia cut her off. The pink pony princess swung around, faced a random court pony, beamed widely and informed her that her wings were 'so pretty'.

"Twilight!" Fluttershy cried, bounding up to Twilight urgently. She skidded to a halt realising that she had just made a loud noise in the centre of a crowd of staring courtiers, and instantly went red.

"Oh hey, that's the Princess' student!" Called one courtier, pointing at Twilight. Twilight facehoofed.

"Hm? Oh, Twilight Sparkle and... friends," Blueblood said, looking around. "I thought you'd left."

"Haha, yes, just left. Leaving," Twilight stammered, backing up. "That's me! Twilight Sparkle. Lefting."

"Would you like to be a Princess, Twilight Sparkle?" Princess Pinkestia abruptly, with an enormous smile.

The blood drained from Twilight's face.

"What?"

"I know a way to make you a princess!" Said Pinkestia. "And the Princess' best student should surely be a Princess too!"

Twilight did not even dare to look at Rarity's face.

"Oh no, Princess. I'm fine being just plain old Twilight Sparkle, hahaha," said Twilight, trying to back up. "That's me. Twilight Sparkle. Princess-less, hahaha, as common as haydirt, hahaha"

She accidentally looked at Blueblood, though she was trying very hard not to. He wore an expression of mild contempt, but with a single raised eyebrow, which made him look like he was considering it. "Hahaha," Twilight Sparkle explained empathetically to the room full of staring eyes.

"I, Princess Celestia of Equestria," said Pinkestia, rearing herself up to her full height, "Am going to make a proclamation!"

Twilight Sparkle panicked.

The only thing that came to hoof was a brick.

And she couldn't hit the Princess.

Rarity's eyes crossed as she was hit in the back of the head by the levitated brick, and she thumped to the ground.

"Oh my goodness, look at that, she fainted hahaha," said Twilight with an unhealthily wide grin. "I'd better get her to the nurse Redheart in Ponyville right away!"

"But there are castle doctors -" said a courtier.

Twilight Sparkle swung around, holding the brick. "Hahaha!" she elaborated.

"- who, er, got eaten by manticores." the pony finished awkwardly. "Hundreds of 'em."

"Well! I'd love to stay and spend time hahaha," said Twilight, slinging the dazed Rarity onto her back and waving the brick around warningly. "And I'm sorry to cut our visit short, Princess," Twilight said to Pinkestia, grinning even more wildly, "But you know Rarity. What a lightweight! Hahaha!"

And she galloped for the exit.

You continue to make me laugh.

(I can't beleive I almost missed this this morning. I think the convention-high is wearing off hard...)

Thanks everyone. Yeah, I'm worried as heck, but everything seems to be okay, and she's bounced back a lot quicker this time compared to last time. I just hope she's okay tonight; and we really, really don't want this to happen again.
    A mate of mine's wife had a very difficult pregnacy, with all sorts of complications (they dosed her up too much at one point, and he caught her climbing out the window...) so do the same as then; I'll keep my fingers crossed for you all.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Vorpalbob View Post
    I think it's time I came out of the closet.
    Brony, eh? I think the term suits me.

I just spent the last three days watching the entirety of the first season. And then I marveled in the sheer AWESOMENESS that is John De Lancie as Q- I mean Discord.

Now I have no idea what to do with myself.
    I wonder how my girlfriend will react...
    Welcome to the Herd!

Our Benevolent Hooved Overlords are Pleased with you
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

full size avatar

28. - Top - End - #148

G'mornin everypony. US East Coast, checking in for the day.

29. - Top - End - #149

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Ido Nos View Post
    G'mornin everypony. US East Coast, checking in for the day.
    Ha! WEST coast US checking in- three hours Eariler than you~
    Thank you ShadowySilence for the awesome policepony avatar!
    I love my filly~

30. - Top - End - #150
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

lets get this day started off right
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by otakuryoga; 2011-10-04 at 08:28 AM.

full size avatar