New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Paths of Humanity (IC)

Welcome to Armas...

(Short version of relevant information, current events and such. Myths and histories will be furnished on request)

Major Capitals of the World

The Bronze Citadel: Fortress of the Dwarves in the Western Hills. They are isolating more than usual inside their mountains, as if they are cocoons.

Tam: The kingdom of the children of Mineriv, currently ruled by Elwin the Second, (list of titles optional) the half-elven king has brought peace through superior firepower to the kingdom and surrounding lands via pacts with the churches (all power is to be funneled through the Mother Church of Tam which sets edicts and writes canon for the churches to follow)

Ravenholme: The land of living death, considered blasphemous by the most religions, many people consider the "Emissary to the Council in Ravenholme" to be a position for people you want to "disappear"

Celivine: The forest east of Tam home to the only elves that kingdom has contact with, very vocal about the upholding of tradition and naturalism. Is vehemently opposed to the church of Tam (though, to be honest they're opposed to most things that aren't "elvish") claiming that "Religion is by revelation, not consensus."

Famous Figures

Elwin Flamedancer: King of Tam and hero of a thousand battles has been in power for almost thirty years, twenty of it in peace after fighting the "War of Protection" (alternately "The War of Subjugation") which had the effect of banning all weapons from those of lower status.

Aastranar the Wizard Lord:
    Head of the council of Ravenholme, known necromancer, often considered responsible for the "Heresy of Cain" which caused a small fraction of clerics and their laity to make a mass exodus to Ravenholme, where they presumably were turned to the worship of "Dark Gods"

Sirri: Does not exist. He is a myth. Go back to your day citizen.
    Having trouble writing up hard stat blocks but I'm doing a lot of sharing ideas and soft mechanics lately.

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: Paths of Humanity (IC)

5 Questions:

1.Religious Hierarchic: Who is the dominant deity? Is religion shoved down peoples throats? Do certain gods hate other gods and for what reason? And what about that Sirri fellow, What knowledges would I have to have to learn more about him

2.Reactions to Arcane: Is it completely logical to find Wizards drag through the street in chains, being tortured, and arcane knowledge being supressed to the point where... eh I'll leave that to imagination.

3.Most common Alignment: Are Citizens Lawful Good? Chaotic Good? What is the state of the land? are the people scared? hopeful?

4.Assuming Control: My build requires me to take leadership. In some rare cases would this allow me to assume minor control of the Followers and perform small actions such as converting people to my cause?

5.Taint of Evil: Will being in Ravenholme give the players a chance to acquire a taint score? and for that will we also be working with a Sanity system while in Ravenholme? Hmm... so much potential...

EDIT:

How common is slavery?
    Last edited by Calanon; 2012-03-28 at 10:19 PM.
    Cult of the Playground est. 2011

Proud owner of 1 internet

Cult of the Playground Highly endorses the ideals of the Tippyverse, World Optimization and "Paradise". its Clerics are encouraged to Optimize everything that they set there sights on. Perfection is our goal.
    to join simply copy this.

Doctrine
    Spoiler
    Show

Killing a God, By Tippy
    Has your party been checked for DWS

3. - Top - End - #3

Merely 1 question for now.

Which city if the most focused on arcane magic and would humans be accepted in their society?
    Extended Hombrew Signature

4. - Top - End - #4

Quote Originally Posted by Calanon View Post
    1.Religious Hierarchic: Who is the dominant deity? Is religion shoved down peoples throats?
    There is no "dominant" deity in quite those terms. To give an analogy of human worship it is sort of like the Greek Mythos in terms of worship where all are acknowledged and you offer sacrifice to whoever is applicable to the situation. Also... God's don't have alignments, churches do. Every deity has aspects that can be considered Good/Neutral/Evil (It is unknown if this qualifies for the Lords of the Nine)

And what about that Sirri fellow, What knowledges would I have to have to learn more about him
    DC 35 Knowledge (Local: Tam) or (History)

Do certain gods hate other gods and for what reason?
    The will of the deities is mostly unknown. (You could cast a Commune spell or some such to ask) there are churches at war and churches of the same deities who are allies.

2.Reactions to Arcane: Is it completely logical to find Wizards drag through the street in chains, being tortured, and arcane knowledge being supressed to the point where... eh I'll leave that to imagination.
    Arcane magic is quite accepted. Necromancy and Conjuration [Calling] Are not accepted very much in Tam. Ravenholme is a great unknown.

3.Most common Alignment: Are Citizens Lawful Good? Chaotic Good? What is the state of the land? are the people scared? hopeful?
    This is really quite an even mix. There is very much the theory of "The ends justify the means" in Tam. People are very hopeful overall, they are pleased by the peace and there have been bountiful harvests for several years. Life is good, people are happy overall. Though they find a reason to complain in general.

4.Assuming Control: My build requires me to take leadership. In some rare cases would this allow me to assume minor control of the Followers and perform small actions such as converting people to my cause?
    I've accounted for this in my rough plot (mostly sandbox game though) You will have the opportunity to work with your followers and take command.

5.Taint of Evil: Will being in Ravenholme give the players a chance to acquire a taint score? and for that will we also be working with a Sanity system while in Ravenholme? Hmm... so much potential...
    This one I cannot answer. Though I will tell you that your characters are going to meet on the exile train to Ravenholme, no-one really knows anything about the land. Very few people ever leave.

How common is slavery?
    Depends on the land. In the three major kingdoms (Ravenholme being unknown) it isn't tolerated though there is a lot of cheap labor and lives of the poor are very cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Wavelab View Post
    Merely 1 question for now.

Which city if the most focused on arcane magic and would humans be accepted in their society?
    It's whispered that Ravenholme (if you survive it) is a place of great magical power.
    Last edited by The Mentalist; 2012-03-29 at 08:10 PM.
    Having trouble writing up hard stat blocks but I'm doing a lot of sharing ideas and soft mechanics lately.

5. - Top - End - #5

"The borders of Hell itself..." The man next to you mutters.

"What choice do we have?" a woman replies to him.

You have been left on the borders of Ravenholme by your various peoples, some as criminals, some as exiles, some as sacrifices.

You see a small dust cloud in the distance.

Make a Spot Check

6. - Top - End - #6

Hell... I do not belong here... However... I will serve...for now... said Anora slowly hacking up in the pure organized power of Law, He knows he was misplaced here and he will bring Chaos...

*Roll* 23 [DID I SEE IT!?]

Cult of the Playground Highly endorses the ideals of the Tippyverse, World Optimization and "Paradise". its Clerics are encouraged to Optimize everything that they set there sights on. Perfection is our goal.

Doctrine
    Spoiler
    Show

Killing a God, By Tippy

7. - Top - End - #7

Spot Result for Calanon
    Spoiler
    Show
    You see a being in silver and black robes riding towards you on a skeletal horse at a speed you thought impossible.

8. - Top - End - #8

Morta looked at the crowd and then to the approaching being, wondering what was happening.

9. - Top - End - #9

Spot:
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #10

As the dust cloud approaches you see male humanoid being (you cannot determine the race), riding a skeletal horse. He dismounts and bows his head.

"A pleasure to meet you. I offer you a choice, You may enter our city and suffer nothing. We do not harm our guests, or you may leave and go where you will, your memories however will be changed so as to forget that you were ever here. I can promise you that my fair land will be like nothing you have ever seen before, it is a land of plenty and peace."

*Make a Will Save*
    Last edited by The Mentalist; 2012-04-08 at 08:26 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mentalist View Post
    As the dust cloud approaches you see male humanoid being (you cannot determine the race), riding a skeletal horse. He dismounts and bows his head.

"A pleasure to meet you. I offer you a choice, You may enter our city and suffer nothing. We do not harm our guests, or you may leave and go where you will, your memories however will be changed so as to forget that you were ever here. I can promise you that my fair land will be like nothing you have ever seen before, it is a land of plenty and peace."

*Make a Will Save*

*Rolls* 20 (non-natural) (HAHA! High Wisdom score) Its a Death Knight

Doctrine
    Spoiler
    Show

Killing a God, By Tippy

12. - Top - End - #12

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

Roll= 9+8(Will Save) = 17.

Sorry for not updating, I'm not getting email notifications

13. - Top - End - #13

Result for Calanon
    Spoiler
    Show
    You feel nothing out of the ordinary, though an extra-ordinary presence of will

Result for Wavelab
    Spoiler
    Show
    You feel awed by the presence of this being. Treat yourself as fascinated.

The people react with mixed emotions and almost a dozen step forward to go with the strange man, they are treated with scorn by the more fearful among the crowd (of about sixty)

[I'm going to skip ahead past the boring and tedious "drag you guys into town" bit if no-one objects. There will be an encounter or two on the way but this whole bit makes no sense to force you through.]

14. - Top - End - #14

Morta just stared at the man approaching. Watching him. Entranced.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

No objections, go ahead.

15. - Top - End - #15

Anora gazed upon the "man" with a calm demeanor... He felt a sense power being near the "man" steadily holding his hands above his waist as if waiting for something from the "man"

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry I haven't been updating either ^_^;; School and all that... and other Forum based activity... damn you Google!

EDIT: Knock yourself out on the dragging us into hell thing, I'm cool with it my only question is if Planar Alignment can alter our characters alignments... Otherwise mines is going to get butchered by the 9 hells
    Last edited by Calanon; 2012-04-15 at 04:12 PM.

Doctrine
    Spoiler
    Show

Killing a God, By Tippy

16. - Top - End - #16

OOC to Calanon
    Spoiler
    Show
    The "hell" bit is a figure of speech, Ravenholme is often considered the very embodiment of the lower planes by many outsiders.

As you journey towards the cities you see the fields surprisingly prosperous, all being tended by skeletons. The animals seem very comfortable with the bony hands feeding and milking them.

Roll Initiative

17. - Top - End - #17

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

Initiative 16