New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Weirdness Ensues!

The world swirls and then pops into focus. You're in a hemispherical cavern 200 feet in diameter. Water pools around you ankles to a depth of six inches of stagnant but relatively clean water. On the roof is a ten foot diameter hole covered by a metal grate. Arranged around the room's circumference are 6 raised stone slabs obviously meant as beds.

More distressing however is a sort of deadness each of you can feel inside of your being. It is as though the lifeforce of the multiverse simply does not exist here. You are in a dead magic zone.

Also in the room with you are a motley assortment of strange creatures most of them obviously of immense power but now under bondage.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Weirdness Ensues!

Antimagic, how depressing. Still, wait. I recognize those two. What is that boy and that Abeolth doing here? If this is about the chess game..... "Zkru-Ackstorl, Akha'Ryu, intresting to find the pair of you here. I hope this unplesentness isn't about our chess game. And would these be your... minons?"
    Power restored for christmass. I'm back!

Spoiler
    Show
    dragonflycave.com/newpay.aspx][/url]

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

Akha looked around and stared at the one addressing him. "No..." he replied softly, as if he did not care about the situation at all. He was bored almost instantly, so he started poking the aboleth next to him, trying to annoy him.
    Extended Hombrew Signature

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

"Youngling, I trust that you do know the reasons that we're all incarerated, or will shortly come up with some theroy that's both completly insane and correct."
    Last edited by Grimsage Matt; 2012-04-02 at 08:37 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #5

"Maybe." He said, smiling gleefully. While sitting there he focused his powers. But nothing happened.

"Maybe not." he said more solemn this time. "You can think of something."

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

"First things first youngling, and thats the where we are, and I have a stong hunch about it already." Even over a series of word images, he sounds depressed.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (OOC; I forgot how we're supposed ro roll, and I don't know they system to be honest, so I used me d20. Knowledge(The Planes) check, 1d20+34= 15+34= 49. And forgive me if I say that should be able to tell me what plane we're on. and to know about Dead zones; 1d20+34= 15+34= 49.)
    "But of course, It has to be the damned prision plane. Obvious, and of course, There's a obvious soultion to the Problem of us being locked in here."
    Last edited by Grimsage Matt; 2012-04-02 at 09:01 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Looks around, examining surroundings, noticing the lack of magic.

This is unfortunate. I fear most of my equipment is unusable or inaccessible. Luckily the environment is such that my dampsuit will not be required. Has anyone formulated any theories on the reasons for our incarceration? Or, more importantly, a means of ending it? I cannot be certain, but if I were forced to venture a guess, I would assume we were on the plane of Tartarus. Further data may necessitate the modification of this hypothesis.

Bleddyn, is that you? It has been some time. As I recall, we were discussing the nature of the lava sea of Gehenna when you abruptly left to pursue some avenue of research. I hope it was fruitful. But such discussions can wait until we have exhausted all options for escape.

In any event, we should probably introduce ourselves, establish a means of communication, and identify any skills we possess that could assist in escape.

Try out various languages until finding one that everyone responds to.

Greetings. For the sake of simplicity, you may call me "Pinky". If necessary, I can serve as an interpreter. I assure you all that I pose you no immediate danger, and am as eager to leave this place as you are. My psionic abilities are useless here, but I have some facility at picking locks and may be able to distract or persuade the guards.

8. - Top - End - #8

Akha looked at everyone but remained seated down. "I am Akha'Ryu." He said in his usual emotionless solemn tone. "We could just wait for the aboleth to get of his bum and break through the door. I doubt that will work, but it will provide some enjoyment."

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

"There's a Soultion that is simple, yet slighly drastic. Unfortuatly, it calls for the Aboleth to make up, and who knows how long that'll take?" And you would be correct about the plane. Horrid place, havn't been here for a few hundred years. Somehow he sighs. Dispite that fact that he has no voice box or abillity to sigh mentally. "In any case, Pinky, your idea has merit. And as a question, did you get the name from a cirtern abyssmal prime meterial world?"
    Last edited by Grimsage Matt; 2012-04-02 at 09:16 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

The entire cavern, it seemed, was full of tiny, floating, specks of black dust. They had a vaguely unsettling effect on the living creatures in the room, and reeked of something other. A faint murmuring could be heard, as though someone was whispering in long forgotten tongues, just outside the walls. Just loud enough to hear, but not loud enough to make anything out. The dust specks floated about, aimlessly, until with a sudden vibration, they began shooting around the room. At breakneck speed, the tiny darts of negative energy-infused dust slowly formed into a spiral, moving down into the center of the room. And as the dust swarm came together, it could be heard again.
    The scream that always accompanied him when he came back.
    "AAAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHH!"
    And then it was finished. Where the spiral of dust motes had been was a man...er, man-shaped...thing. Kneeling, appearing to breath heavily, he used his hands to keep from falling all the way to the floor. "I hate that. Coming back after someone breaks me always hurts. Not polite in the slightest." Lifting his head(for the figure did seem male. Vaguely), the man registered the other prescences in the room. "And whoever did this didn't even have the courtesy to put me in my own room. How careless of them." Struggling to his feet, Bleddyn nodded. "Bleddyn. Known colloquially as Bleddyn the Dark. And whom do I have the pleasure of making the aquaintence of?" Then Bleddyn noticed Pinky. "Oh. My my. And how did they get you here, Pinky? I would have thought you far too intelligent to let just anyone trap you."
    ATTENTION ANYONE WHO I'M PLAYING WITH:
    No news is good news.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

[I]"I'm still trying to figure out how that pair got trapped." [/I]Image of the little boy and the collosal aboleth. "The youngling, maybe, but the over sided fish, smartest being I know."

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #12

"I actually find that very offensive. I am merely a little less intelligent than my companion here. We drew multiple chess games. And it's not my fault that he was born that way." Akha said with the same emotionless tone that he always speaks with.

He started to click his fingers, like he usually did when he thought.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by THEChanger View Post
    "Oh. My my. And how did they get you here, Pinky? I would have thought you far too intelligent to let just anyone trap you."
    I am not certain what means were used to imprison me. As well as I attempted to defend myself, no defense is perfect. Luckily, that also means that no cell is perfect.

Pinky looks up, judging the distance. If the room is a true hemisphere, the central grate is one hundred feet above the floor.

It appears there is an egress above, if we can but reach it.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

"I call most Aboleths Over sized fish. I have a few unplesent memories, and I gen peeveish when I'm in a deadzone. And while I do concede that your just a little less intelligent then him, He's also a Gaint 125 ton Aboleth, and you are a young boy. The diffrences considered where pyshical, not mental. I still remeber our chess game."

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #15

"Physique has only a minimal effect. While I agree that if we were to battle he would win due to his size, my mental capacity can still match his. But now, on to business." Akha replied to the one who addressed him as young boy.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Some how sighs agian "I agree. What do you sugest Akha?"

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #17

"Wait for the guards to come in and drop a 125 ton fish on them?" Akha said staring intently at the aboleth.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

"And of course Some one here would be able to lift him? With no magical or psionic asstince?"
    Last edited by Grimsage Matt; 2012-04-02 at 09:46 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #19

"Or he can drop himself? I mean jumping isn't that hard."

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

"It's 100ft stright up to the grate, in a Dead zone. And he's a fish that weighs over a hundred tons. And may I also point out that he has little to no jumping abillity?"
    Last edited by Grimsage Matt; 2012-04-02 at 09:56 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #21

"Fine we'll just pretend we all died and climb out of our coffins."

22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Grimsage Matt View Post
    "And of course Some one here would be able to lift him? With no magical or psionic asstince?"
    As the aboleth does not appear to be dead, presumably it is capable of lifting itself to some degree. I doubt its usefulness as a blunt weapon, even in the unlikely event that it would agree to act in such a capacity.

Pinky strokes his tentacles in thought.

How did they get such a large creature through such a small hole? Most of us could fit through without difficulty, but lowering an unconscious aboleth through a ten-foot opening without magical aid would be nigh-impossible. The dead magic zone may only be temporary. If one of us can get out, it might be possible to turn it off.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

"Geniueses. There is a dragon lying over there is here not? What here can fly indpentaldy of magic here besides me, and is not as phyicaly strong as your average adult human?""

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #24

"A dragon." Akha answered bluntly.

"Pinky has a point, maybe the dragon should try and get outside?"

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

"Couldn't hurt. And If that dosn't pan out, I never really tried something."

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Grimsage Matt View Post
    "Geniueses. There is a dragon lying over there is here not? What here can fly indpentaldy of magic here besides me, and is not as phyicaly strong as your average adult human?""
    The dragon appears too large to fit through the hole. But it could transport one of us. Or it might be strong enough to break a hole in the roof, rendering the issue of the size of the hole somewhat moot. If a lock needs to be picked, I have my tools handy.
    Last edited by phantomreader42; 2012-04-02 at 10:10 PM.

27. - Top - End - #27

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I propose we wait for everyone else to catch up before we go further.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Wavelab View Post
    OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I propose we wait for everyone else to catch up before we go further.
    OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I concur. It is rather late. Timing may be an issue.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by phantomreader42 View Post
    OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I concur. It is rather late. Timing may be an issue.
    OOC;
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yup, plus, I just looked at the Aeon again, and it didn't say if the sphere's were EX or SU, Need to know dat.

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #30

BlackDragon

"Grrr..." rumbles across the prison from the now rising dragon composed what seems to be smoldering lava. Despite the water, it didn't seem to phase his skin save for some steam rising off his body as he shakes one of his talons in a vain attempt to dry it off much like a cat during a rain storm. "For beings of vast intellect, you do like to hear yourself talk alot. And to make matters worse I have to be in a damp cell. How they even found me, much less captured me is a mystery to me."

If he could snort a gout of flame, MalsvirIxen would, but sensing that they are in a dead magic area he knew better then that. "I rarely introduce myself, preferring to go by a fake name. But seeing as how I'm stuck with you all, you can refer to me as Malsvir."

Finally standing as high as he can he looks to the grate and around the room. "Hmmm... If wrecking a hole and making lots of noise is what you wish, I can try. Although I don't think that would be the best way to escape."

"Words ought to be chosen with greater care then either clothing or weaponry. For they can last much longer than the former, and cut deeper than the latter."

-Doomraga's Revenge by T.A. Barron

Extended Homebrew Signature