New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: [Nexus] Home 10

1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Home 10

[Talnissa's]

The robot nods, and starts heading for the living room (up the hall, back toward Talnissa and Kara's room, and then turn right when you can't go any further.).

"Yep. How much experience do you have with this sort of thing, anyway?"

2. - Top - End - #92
    Troll in the Playground

[Talnissa's]

"Welll....that depends," Kara admits. "I've done simulations and stuff like that, but practical robotics...I have very little experience."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

3. - Top - End - #93
    Barbarian in the Playground

Julie's Place

"Eh, just look her up with her folks Mallside. They were by earlier to check on her, so I figured you were with them. They run that store... whatchacallit? The metal mysterio. Great place to bring your kids."

He spits on the stoop, fidgeting with the flask on his belt.

"Now if there isn't anything else I can help you with, I gotta get back indoors. It's freezing out here. Come back later if you want to talk about an apartment or something. And if you see Julie, tell her she aint getting a deposite back after this."
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Clarissa's Sanctuary
    "You're a...shark attack?"
    With a shark being his only clue he was having a tough time!
    [Clarissa's Sanctuary]

Clarissa is exasperated! She is evidently the most terrible Charades player in the whole wide world! Tendrils suddenly curl around the tail of the shark and pull it under the surface of the water where it disappears from sight never to be seen again.

"I think we're done here. You win."

Clarissa sighs. Gee. That was disappointing. She's no good at this.

Her ears abruptly perk up. There's a foreign vibration ringing through the room. It doesn't take Clarissa long at all to isolate and dissect the noise.

She abruptly leaps at Dave, attempting to knock him to the floor and protectively fold her wings around him.

"Get down!"

Clarissa shouts! A second later, an explosion shakes the very foundations of the building! Clarissa doesn't react much. She simply does her best to attempt to hold Dave and shield his body from the blast with her own.

-------
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    [Sparrow's Fall, World of Eight Moons]

Trium, after a few moments, awakens as well, likely helped by the fact that Spec moved.

"Hey. How'd you sleep?"
    , the immortal asks, sounding curious, and happy.

Spec groggily gazes at Trium. Wow! Spec will count herself among the lucky people in the Nexus from his point out!
    "I slept terrifically, thank you very much."
    Spec graciously announces.
    "How could I not given how fortunate I am?"
    She winks!
    "And are you well rested? If you feel a little tired, I have a caffeine shot in one of my pockets. Now if only I could remember where I placed my apparel..."
    Knowing where she is might help a smidgen too, come to think of it.

-------
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Riv's Fortress

No reaction. Not that it would be easy to tell, what with the mask and visor covering Icarus's face, but he doesn't so much as blink. The gun is not lowered. "That is true, you have not, nor have you been asked. I have been ordered to inform you that we are not here to offer sanctuary, so I sadly must ask that you do not remain here."
    [Riv's Fortress]

The time to wade through a tough decision speedily approaches! Should Warsh attempt to storm Riv's well-defended lair by pushing past this heavily armed and armored guard and the ginormous monster-thing that certainly isn't Rael or probably even human at first, second, third, fourth, fifth, or sixth glance or should he attempt to bypass security entirely by searching for another entrance? ... Truthfully, that's a no brainer! Of course Warsh isn't going to try to take out two PCs that are aware of his presence and outfitted with formidable weapons while he has none at all! Contrary to popular belief, Warsh doesn't have a death wish! He's a liver, I say! A liver! ... Not the organ liver the "I'm alive and everything is stupendous!" type of liver. *Cough.* *Cough.*

"Fine, but I'm moving at the next convenient opportunity!"

Warsh turns away from Icarus and Rael! He begins to trudge down the path leading back to the village, veering off into the treeline as soon as he is positive that he is long removed from the sight of Riv's minions. That installation must be powered by some sort of fusion or fission core! Hence, all Warsh must do is sabotage some remote system which can only be accessed from the outside of the guarded perimeter upon which a technician might leave the safety of the base to repair it allowing him to incapacitate the technician, confiscate its uniform, and utilize that disguise to infiltrate the base unnoticed!

Isolate and decapitate! The uniform requisition plan has is a go...again.

5. - Top - End - #95

[Julie's Place

Justin marks Mallside in his pip-boy before speaking to the landlord. "Thanks for the heading, but before I go, do you mind if I take a look around her apartment?" If she disapeared to get away from Magtok, she might have left something he could follow her by (or something of value he could swipe, but that's besides the point).

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

[Talnissa's]

"Well, that's good. The simulations should help, certainly. As for anything you're not sure of, I guess you'll learn as you go, right?"

"I believe that you left your clothes over there,"
    Trium says, indicating roughly where the missing apparel would be. Which might be on the other side of the clearing, as, unless Spec objected, the immortal likely levitated them for part of the curtain, and I rather doubt that either of them would have been too worried about being where they started when they returned to the ground. "Though, unless you want to get dressed again, there's no need to retrieve them, as I'm fine on energy."

[Riv's Fortress]

Rael, seeing as it's not turned nasty, starts growing a set of crimson and black wings as Warsh is turning away.

And, assuming that nothing prevents him, he'll take off once they're done, looking for some sort of landmark that will tell him where he is in relation to Inside. Or Riverside. Or NO, or WATCHTOWER, or, really, anywhere from whence he can get back to the city.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

>.>

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    Fettina's Suite

Tina pushes her eggs around, scrambling them, dumping a few spices into the mix. Her eyes drift back to Evan, brow furrowed. He sounds a bit down.

"Oh, we'd talk about everything. Augments, jobs, clubs, the future. Boys." She smiles, a measure of nostalgia in her features. "Girls, sometimes. Well, at least, me and Gelley. Naitiri always got quiet when things like that came up." The musician shakes her head. "Gelley used to tease her about it. They'd get on each other's nerves quick." Tina waggles her eyebrows. "You shoulda seen the fights those two got into. Talk about property damage..."
    [Fettina's Suite]

He continues to seem a bit down as he listens, and is apparently just... lost in thought. He nods to what she says though, so he is indeed listening. Tina might be able to tell, if she's observant that he's feeling... lonely. Tina's great company, but he's never really had a family to share things with.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Cessie's Head==> Mithar Keep - Bedroom]

The mage awakens with a jerk and quickly attempts to find if Harnel is still laying there besides her.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Mithar Keep-library

Kirin listens to the explanation. "Interesting."

Then Cessie offers hospitality and lunch!

"Oh, would you? I would appreciate it very much. I want to get back, but if that's impossible for some reason, it's nice to have some friends! And somewhere to stay until I find a university or something. Maybe I'll have to get a real home..."

That's a big thought for a student to have to face.

"Nah, more likely I'll wind up going on adventures. It seems like adventure's getting a taste for me, and vice-versa".
    Mithar Keep-library

"Adventures? I... you actually want to go on adventures? Risking your life and things like that?" Cessie asks in a surprised voice. "The endless walking, the unbearable living conditions, the poor service... you want all that?"

9. - Top - End - #99
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mithar Keep-library

"It's not that bad to do on occasion. For a break or some such from every day activities. It's kind of like camping. Except, admittedly, with people trying to kill you. The exchanges have been worth it so far. I've been on two adventures, and between the two I've payed for the entirety of of schooling!"

Either the schools are cheap, or those were particularly lucrative adventures. Maybe both.

"I admit, however, that I think so far I've really only seen the "gentleman adventurer" side of adventuring. Still, it'd be nice to have another adventure of some sort."

10. - Top - End - #100

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    [Julie's Place

Justin marks Mallside in his pip-boy before speaking to the landlord. "Thanks for the heading, but before I go, do you mind if I take a look around her apartment?" If she disapeared to get away from Magtok, she might have left something he could follow her by (or something of value he could swipe, but that's besides the point).
    Julie's Place

"Eh, go ahead kid. There's a couple bullet holes in the wall of the guest bedroom, and the bathroom has water damage, but if you want to take the place I can have it fixed up for you in a week or so. We got good contractors around here."

The landlord motions Justin inside, pulling a key off his ring and tossing it to him.

"Sixth floor, third door on the right. I'd come with ya, but the stairs are murder on my back." The landlord lumbers back into his office, pulling his flask off his belt as he goes.

The apartment, when Justin gets to it, is completely bare apart from the furniture and what looks to be cybernetic parts scattered around the living room (unless the Remnant squad took them). All except for the bathroom, which still has all of the toiletries inside, and a shattered mirror sitting in a pool of stagnant water. There's also what looks like a crushed model of a house on the floor.

There isn't much trace of where Julie could have gone, but I suppose if he wants to swipe her toothbrush then it's fair game.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

11. - Top - End - #101

Julie's Place

Justin bags the crushed model of a house, seeming out of place in Julie's bathroom. He also swipes the toothbrush. Never know when a toothbrush will come in handy. Satisfied, or rather very unsatisfied, with the lack of results he decides Julie's family will be the best next step. Though they had come looking previously and found nothing, at least they could point him to some more of her hideaways.

He returns the key to the landlord, and if all goes without fuss, he's on his way to Mallside.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

12. - Top - End - #102

Julie's Place

The landlord is half in the bag already, and hardly seems to notice when Justin returns the key.

To Mallside it is then.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Cessie's Head==> Mithar Keep - Bedroom]

The mage awakens with a jerk and quickly attempts to find if Harnel is still laying there besides her.
    [Mithar Keep - Bedroom]

Harnel is sleeping soundly next to her, having been entirely unaware of Cessie's night thrashings. He's a very sound sleeper, but if she honestly tries to wake him up he will. If Cessie's hand passes close to his, he'll reflexively take her hand in his, something she'll know he does naturally from experience being in bed with him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Mithar Keep - Kashi]

"Harnel, if he keeps growing at this rate I'm afraid we have to take him outside before he can't fit through the main entrance. This house isn't made to house a dragon." Of course, for all she knew this dragon might eat people once it grew larger.

"Do you happen to know what kind of dragon he is? I might be able to look it up in the library to see what we can expect."
    [Mithar Keep - Kashi]

"Not one from my world, that's for sure. It won't be difficult to look him up though; a dragon that sweats gold is sure to have found its way into a few books." And they know what he looks like, obviously, so that's a boon to the whole research thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Silver Ship

One of Jakob's new heads turns to pierce the Object with a baleful glare. The rest bow to Jenna in a gesture of respect, ambivalent to her ire.

"What would my Queen have me do? If Jakob's opinion is desired, axe should be disposed of. It has served purpose, and would be best if it could not taint the Hive any more."

A pair of Jakob's eyes flash and one of his many extraneous tails curls upwards, gesturing at the Legionmind sliver.

Its eyes also flash in recognition, and it moves away from Jenna back to Jakob's side.

"Come to Jakob's shoulder little one. You shall ride with me until our Queen needs you."
    [Silver Ship]

Jenna just looks at Jakob with sheer malice, but lets it go. This isn't something she had to deal with right now. That... thing wished to follow orders? Fine, let it. Perhaps it could be useful.

"Come then. We have to find a lair... and perhaps find a way to keep ourselves from getting overwhelmed. The hive is currently too small. We need a safe place to set down and expand."

Jenna begins walking off in the directon of the nearest mountain, her instincts telling her to look for cave systems, and her human side telling her that the mountains in the area have the caves systems needed. It honestly shouldn't be too hard to get there.

Even as the hive begins moving, a few of the drone slivers start moving over their new queen, making sure that the hive continues to grow.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

14. - Top - End - #104

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [Clarissa's Sanctuary]

Clarissa is exasperated! She is evidently the most terrible Charades player in the whole wide world! Tendrils suddenly curl around the tail of the shark and pull it under the surface of the water where it disappears from sight never to be seen again.

"I think we're done here. You win."

Clarissa sighs. Gee. That was disappointing. She's no good at this.

Her ears abruptly perk up. There's a foreign vibration ringing through the room. It doesn't take Clarissa long at all to isolate and dissect the noise.

She abruptly leaps at Dave, attempting to knock him to the floor and protectively fold her wings around him.

"Get down!"

Clarissa shouts! A second later, an explosion shakes the very foundations of the building! Clarissa doesn't react much. She simply does her best to attempt to hold Dave and shield his body from the blast with her own.
    Clarissa's Sanctuary
    Clarissa will find her actions successful!
    And Dave frowns.
    "Great, now what's attacking us?"
    He is not happy! He just wants to go to hell, find Clarissa's Master, and get his wife back.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

15. - Top - End - #105

Mithar Keep - Kashi

Kashi frowns as Cessie implies he'd ever eat people. It's rather hard to get a frown across with a snout, so it looks a bit like a snarl.

His tail lashing back and forth probably doesn't help.

"Snyyyuuuuu! <You're mean! Blyeh!>" His forked tongue flicks out at her. He'll crawl back into the pile of blankets Harnel made him and curl up, stomach rumbling contentedly after his feast of cream. He doesn't go to sleep quite yet though, too busy glaring at Cessie.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Troll in the Playground

[Talnissa's]

"Well, that's good. The simulations should help, certainly. As for anything you're not sure of, I guess you'll learn as you go, right?"
    "Just as long as I don't cause any permament damage in learning," Kara says with a blush.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

[Talnissa's]

"Even if you do, it's not like it'll be attached to me, so it wouldn't be a big deal,"
    Talnissa says, shrugging.

And, probably, they arrive at the living room/workshop about now.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Troll in the Playground

[Talnissa's]

"True, but I still don't want to break anything of yours," Kara says, following, and stepping into the workshop!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

[Talnissa's]

Talnissa nods, and, pulls a table from the wall, which she goes to set the shield-gun on.

"You ready to get started?"

20. - Top - End - #110
    Troll in the Playground

[Talnissa's]

"More than ready."
    Kara grins.

And then, presumably, they get to work!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

[Talnissa's]

Indeed they do.

How is Kara at it?

22. - Top - End - #112
    Troll in the Playground

[Talnissa's]

Kara is slow but steady, and likely performs remarkably well.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

[Talnissa's]

Then it's quite likely that they're finished converting it in a few hours.

At which point, Talnissa grins, and goes to hug Kara.

"You're quite good at this. Why were you worrying about how you'd do?"

24. - Top - End - #114
    Troll in the Playground

[Talnissa's]

Kara returns the hug, with a grin, and a blush!
    "I've never done work that intricate before. Are you sure I did it right? I expected it to be a lot more difficult."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

[Talnissa's]

"Trust me, Kara, you did wonderfully,"
    Talnissa reassures her, grinning back.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    [Silver Ship]

Jenna just looks at Jakob with sheer malice, but lets it go. This isn't something she had to deal with right now. That... thing wished to follow orders? Fine, let it. Perhaps it could be useful.

"Come then. We have to find a lair... and perhaps find a way to keep ourselves from getting overwhelmed. The hive is currently too small. We need a safe place to set down and expand."

Jenna begins walking off in the directon of the nearest mountain, her instincts telling her to look for cave systems, and her human side telling her that the mountains in the area have the caves systems needed. It honestly shouldn't be too hard to get there.

Even as the hive begins moving, a few of the drone slivers start moving over their new queen, making sure that the hive continues to grow.
    The Silvery Extraterrestrials ignore these going-ons and wave the little doot!ing device around. It only reacts to the fallen Bloodlust. It's only reaction is changing from a regular "Doot!" to a full-blown air raid siren.

The aliens proceed to run back into their ship screaming and flailing their arms comically. What's up with them?

27. - Top - End - #117
    Troll in the Playground

[Talnissa's]

Kara giggles.
    "Well, then, I'll take your word for it."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

[Talnissa's]

The robot nods, and goes to hand Kara the newly converted shield-gun.

"Do you want to try it out?"

29. - Top - End - #119
    Troll in the Playground

[Talnissa's]

Kara accepts it with a grin.
    "Sure!"

((How does it work again? ))

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

30. - Top - End - #120
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Clarissa's Sanctuary
    Clarissa will find her actions successful!
    And Dave frowns.
    "Great, now what's attacking us?"
    He is not happy! He just wants to go to hell, find Clarissa's Master, and get his wife back.
    [Clarissa's Sanctuary]

Clarissa snarls viciously! Grr! Mad! Angry! Mad and angry! What buffoon would have the audacity, the rotten nerve to make an attempt on her immortal life and that of her mortal spouse on her own turf! Whatever it was will die horribly and painfully! Clarissa will make sure of that, angel or not!

The unstable, wounded, and determined Clarissa attempts to remove herself far away from Dave! Her progress is slow, the jumble of shrapnel sticking out of her back at the most unnatural of angles impeding her muscular movements, rendering them nigh ineffectual. In one swift explosion, she has been reduced from a powerful angel to a tenacious emergency room patient.

Ouch!

Clarissa did survive. That's all that matters. It is amazing too! That explosion leveled the entire realm. There's not much here anymore.

... Now what's this? Clarissa is glowering at the empty space in front of her and hissing at it! Why?

"I should have realized that you'd pull a stunt like this! You were always a cheater like that! You may think you're stronger than me, myself, and I, but your passion is practically nonexistent. You don't love, feel, or believe! Some of your creations pretend that I am your daughter, yet you continue to insist that they are rational beings! How stupidly stupid you are!"

-------

"I believe that you left your clothes over there,"
    Trium says, indicating roughly where the missing apparel would be. Which might be on the other side of the clearing, as, unless Spec objected, the immortal likely levitated them for part of the curtain, and I rather doubt that either of them would have been too worried about being where they started when they returned to the ground. "Though, unless you want to get dressed again, there's no need to retrieve them, as I'm fine on energy."

Spec's outfit is likely wherever "over there" is, then!

"I'm in no hurry. I'm not supposed to do anything very interesting today anyway."

That's a lie, although Spec doesn't know it! I've been scheming lately, and I've already planned a special little something for Spec to try at some point in her version of "today" or "tomorrow" or even "the day after that"!

"Let's play a game."
    Uh-oh! That's a line from a corny horror flick!

"I ask you a question. You reply then ask me a question. I reply. We start again and keep going until we get bored of the game. Ready?"
    Good! Spec really had me worried for a second there! I thought she might try something all strange and serial-killery on Trium! It is mildly reassuring knowing that she isn't going to be one of my patented super-insane characters like The Mad Hatter, Clarissa, Percilia, Toy, Three, Lawerence the psychic lawyer, "Brother" Pavel, Anthony, or Mania.

"I'll start. Where were you born?"