Enchantment [Mind-Affecting]
    Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 7
    Components: V, S
    Casting Time: 1 round
    Range: Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./level)
    Duration: 1 day/level
    Saving Throw: Will negates
    Spell Resistance: Yes

You create a mental link between yourself and a creature's unconscious mind. Though it gives you no immediate benefit, but the next time it sleeps, you may enter its mind, altering it to fit your whim. When it sleeps, it may attempt another Will save. If it succeeds, you cannot enter its mind that night, though the spell itself is not negated. When you enter its mind, you may do one of the following:
    • Brainwashing: You may change the subject's alignment by one step along either the Good-Evil axis or the Law-Chaos axis. The change lasts until the end of this spell's duration. Once it ends, the creature may make a single additional Will save for each such change. If it fails a save, that alignment change becomes permanent.
    • Dreamcasting: You may cast a single mind-affecting spell on the subject at unlimited range. The DC of the spell increases by 2, and you gain a +4 bonus on caster level checks to overcome the creature's spell resistance. The spell is delayed until the subject awakes.
    • Steal Spell: You know all of the arcane spells that the subject knows or can prepare, and may choose one whose level cannot be greater than or equal to the highest level of spell you can cast. If you prepare spells, then you may prepare that spell the next time you ready your spells as if you had it among your spells known. If you cast spells spontaneously, you may treat it as one of your spells known for 24 hours. If the spell is on the Sorcerer/Wizard list, use that to determine its level. If not, use the level its caster casts it at. A wizard may scribe that spell into his spellbook without having to make a Spellcraft check, although he must still use material components as normal.

You can intrude into the subject's dreams regardless of the distance from you, but you cannot if it is on a different plane from you. Creatures who do not sleep or do not dream are not affected by this spell.

Otiluke’s Unbidden Chorus
    Enchantment (Compulsion) [Mind-Affecting]
    Level: Bard 5, Sorcerer/Wizard 5
    Components: V, S, F
    Casting Time: 1 standard action
    Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 level)
    Duration: 1 round/2 levels
    Saving Throw: Will negates

This spell forces its victims into song, singing a tune of the caster’s choice. All creatures in the area of Otiluke’s unbidden chorus that fail their Will save begin to sing. They automatically fail all Move Silently checks, give away their locations if they are hidden or invisible, and cannot talk. They can cast spells with vocal components, but they must make a Concentration check, with a DC equal to this spell’s DC + the cast spell’s level, or botch and lose the spell.

Focus:
    A director’s baton carved from jade, worth 100 gp.

Phantasmal Parasites
    Illusion (Figment)
    Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 3
    Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
    Target: One creature
    Duration: 10 minutes/level
    Saving Throw: Will negates, Will disbelief (see text)

This insidious spell causes its victim to hallucinate wildly, believing that they have been infected by hideous parasitic creatures. If the subject fails its Will save, it is sickened, believing itself to be ridden with worms and mites crawling beneath its skin. By taking a full-round action to examine itself and search for parasites, the subject may attempt another Will save to disbelieve the illusion. In addition, a remove disease, heal, or greater restoration spell cast on the subject convinces it that the spell has killed off the parasites, effectively dispelling phantasmal parasites.

Power Word Obey
    Enchantment (Compulsion) [Mind-Affecting]
    Components: V
    Target: One creature with 150 hp or less
    Duration: See text
    Saving Throw: None

You utter a word of power that breaks the will of a foe, speaking aloud the truename of the concept of mastery. One creature of your choice is dominated, as the dominate monster spell, for a duration based on its hp. If it has 101-150 hp, it is dominated for 3 rounds. If it has 51-100 hp, it is dominated for 1 minute. If it has 50 or less hp, it is dominated for one hour. Creatures with 151 or more hp are not affected by this spell.

Sovorian’s Impregnable Bulwark
    Abjuration
    Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 8
    Components: V, S, M
    Casting Time: 10 minutes
    Range: Personal
    Target: You
    Duration: 1 hour/level

This spell was the ultimate effort of the wizard Sovorian, who dedicated her life to the research of wards and abjurations. When cast, it confers a wide array of benefits on you. You gain:
    • +8 armor bonus to AC.
    • +5 resistance bonus on all saving throws.
    • Resistance 15 to acid, cold, electricity, fire, and sonic.
    • Damage Reduction 20/magic.
    • Spell Resistance equal to 12 + your caster level.

In addition, when you cast this spell, you may expend a spell slot either containing a spell or that could be used to cast a spell of your choice. If you do, that spell is held in reserve, as with the contingency spell, but without a focus.

Material Component
    A suspension of adamantine in vitriolic acid, worth 750 gp.

Timelock
    Transmutation
    Components: V, S, F
    Area: Up to one 10-ft. square/2 levels
    Duration: 1 round/level (D)
    Saving Throw: Fortitude negates
    You create a temporal rift, a timeless void that traps all who enter in in a timeless stasis. You cannot cast this spell so that any creatures are in its area at the time it is cast. Any creature that enters the area of this spell must make a Fortitude save or be caught in a timeless void, prevented from acting as the temporal stasis spell. A creature that successfully makes its save is immune to any further effects of this spell.

Focus
    A mithril bracelet, set with a diamond, an emerald, a ruby, and a sapphire, worth 2,000 gp.

Unseen Watchman
    Conjuration and Divination (Creation)
    Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 8
    Components: V, S, M
    Casting Time: 1 hour
    Duration: One day/level

This spell creates an invisible, mindless servitor, as the unseen servant spell. However, it is capable of seeing and observing it surroundings, acting as a magical sensor, as the arcane eye spell. The sensor sees all things as they actually are, just as if it had the true seeing spell. The unseen watchman operates independently of you, and can go a maximum distance of 1 mile/level away from you. If it goes any further, it dissipates into nothingness. You may only have a single unseen watchman in existence at a time; if you cast it a second time, the first is dispelled.

Material Component
    Two catseyes and a powder of saffron, crushed mushrooms, and diamond dust, worth 1,000 gp.

Volcanic Hammer
    Evocation [Fire]
    Range: Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./level)
    Area: 20-ft. radius spread
    Duration: Instantaneous, then 1 round/level
    Saving Throw: Reflex half

You evoke a massive blast of fire that deals 1d6 fire damage/level, max 20d6, to all creatures caught in it. In addition, all squares in the area of this spell are molten, becoming magma-like. They are treated as difficult terrain, and each round, all creatures standing in a molten square take 1d6 fire damage. Spell resistance protects against the damage from the initial blast, but not against the fire damage from molten squares. If 30 points or more of cold damage are directed at a molten square, it cools and solidifies, returning to normal.
    Last edited by The Demented One; 2008-08-06 at 09:38 AM.
    I no longer actively read the forums, and probably won't respond to any PMs. I'm fine with people using my homebrew in anything, including fan-compilations and wikis, as long as you credit me.

Homebrew by The Demented One.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Library Lovers Contest Winner

Default Re: Arcana Unlimited [Spells]

Shiny. I especially like the Unbidden Chorus...reminds me of a certain enemy on Buffy who clearly had this ability as a Permanent Emanation, regardless of the fact that it is in no way eligible for that particular feat.

If I pricked you, though, would you bleed homebrew? Because the phrase "prolific" seems to be getting to be an understatement.

Also, Impregnable Bulwark seems to be particularly useful, as it can essential replace the need for Bracers of Armor, a Vest of Resistance...it's basically the spell equivalent of a Robe of the Archmagi, but the Contingency effect adds an interesting twist.
    Last edited by GryffonDurime; 2008-08-05 at 11:04 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

^agreed. it says something about the kind of homebrew when i bookmark it before i even read it, just based off of the author. you, vt, fax, and krimm.
    my own diabolical experiments (homebrew)

my deviantART

my alter ego

Campaigns
    Watchtower––Volume III (running since 2008)

Announcer— “Your cable television is experiencing difficulties. Please do not panic. Resist the temptation to read or talk to loved ones. Do not attempt sexual relations, as years of TV radiation have left your genitals withered and useless.”

Wiggum, checking— “Well I'll be damned.”

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GryffonDurime View Post
    Shiny. I especially like the Unbidden Chorus...reminds me of a certain enemy on Buffy who clearly had this ability as a Permanent Emanation, regardless of the fact that it is in no way eligible for that particular feat.
    To be honest, the inspiration for that spell was in fact Ferris Bueller's Day Off. I've always wanted a spell that would let you make random people burst into song around you.

If I pricked you, though, would you bleed homebrew? Because the phrase "prolific" seems to be getting to be an understatement.
    Well, mostly blood. All the homebrewing's up in the pineal gland.

Also, Impregnable Bulwark seems to be particularly useful, as it can essential replace the need for Bracers of Armor, a Vest of Resistance...it's basically the spell equivalent of a Robe of the Archmagi, but the Contingency effect adds an interesting twist.
    Yeah, the thought was to roll up all the lower-level buff spells into one nice big one, to keep those lower spell slots open for utility spells.
    I no longer actively read the forums, and probably won't respond to any PMs. I'm fine with people using my homebrew in anything, including fan-compilations and wikis, as long as you credit me.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Library Lovers Contest Winner

Quote Originally Posted by The Demented One View Post
    Yeah, the thought was to roll up all the lower-level buff spells into one nice big one, to keep those lower spell slots open for utility spells.
    See, now, I'm a great fan of this because it creates a spell that has (and I hope no one will mind my use of Magic: the Gathering terminology, I find it generally applicable here) a great big "Timmy" effect. I'd much rather have a few big buffs, especially near Epic levels, because keeping track of a lot of smaller buffs is tedium defined, and I speak from experience on that one.

All in all, very nice. The sort of horribly fun toys that are almost enough to make me roll up a high level wizard, if I hadn't already hit my monthly allotment of characters.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

Added in the villain-tastic Dreamspy, and the blaster/controller combo Volcanic Hammer.