New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Crack Pairings VII - Bring Bottled Water, Our Water is Spiked With Love Potion

THAT POST WAS OFF TOPIC, CITIZEN
    YOU ARE UNDER ARREST

(Shot)
    Ok, sorry. XD
    Hmmm... MitDxV? It's missing something...
    Plot element: Torture
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

2. - Top - End - #842
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Crack Pairings VII - Bring Bottled Water, Our Water is Spiked With Love Potion

i cant sleep... insted i think ill post my very first crack pairing! :D

Closak, this ones for you my ABD loveing freind

Spoiler
    Show

behold Xylon's zombie dragon head x ABD zombie dragon head!

if only i could make banners. i would have at least two by now :P

3. - Top - End - #843
    Titan in the Playground

Your sick, twisted brain amuses me. You may live for now.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.

4. - Top - End - #844
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gicko View Post
    i cant sleep... insted i think ill post my very first crack pairing! :D

Closak, this ones for you my ABD loveing freind

Spoiler
    Show

behold Xylon's zombie dragon head x ABD zombie dragon head!

if only i could make banners. i would have at least two by now :P
    Ok, this made me laugh. A lot.

5. - Top - End - #845
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark Fiddler View Post
    I hate to ruin the fun chats, but seriously people, get back on topic. Although that teacher was a jackass, it's not really for this thread.

I mean really, might as well rename the thread "Random Banter with Occasional Crack Pairings". Except there's already a Random Banter thread.
    I have to disagree here. Yes, there are several things that seem to be off-topic, but if you look closer they really are not.

1) There's the various *hugs* and *cookies*. We have a number of very talented people who remind me of high-performance engines - they perform well but need lots of maintenance. In a way, these hugs and cookies make it easier for them to produce the stories we all love and read. Is that off-topic?

2) There's the discussions of psychology. These make it easier for the writers to write believable, interesting characters. And that is something we all want more of, isn't it? It is said you need to read a book for each page you write, and that is true of crack pairings as well. Is that off-topic?

3) There are discussions like the ones about Coffee's health teacher. Learning about similar people in the real world makes it easier for Water-Smurf to write bad teachers in the world of fiction. And, mutatis mutandis for other similar discussions. Is that off-topic?

That said, yes there's probably more off-topic discussion now than in the early threads. And that is natural. Then the threads were a couple of people who only had their love of strange stories in common. Now we have learned more about each other, and friendships have developed. Naturally the discussions sometimes turn to other topics. I don't think that's something to be decried.

Edit: Gicko -
    Last edited by Asta Kask; 2010-02-18 at 07:22 AM.

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

6. - Top - End - #846
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    I have to disagree here. Yes, there are several things that seem to be off-topic, but if you look closer they really are not.

1) There's the various *hugs* and *cookies*. We have a number of very talented people who remind me of high-performance engines - they perform well but need lots of maintenance. In a way, these hugs and cookies make it easier for them to produce the stories we all love and read. Is that off-topic?

2) There's the discussions of psychology. These make it easier for the writers to write believable, interesting characters. And that is something we all want more of, isn't it? It is said you need to read a book for each page you write, and that is true of crack pairings as well. Is that off-topic?

3) There are discussions like the ones about Coffee's health teacher. Learning about similar people in the real world makes it easier for Water-Smurf to write bad teachers in the world of fiction. And, mutatis mutandis for other similar discussions. Is that off-topic?

That said, yes there's probably more off-topic discussion now than in the early threads. And that is natural. Then the threads were a couple of people who only had their love of strange stories in common. Now we have learned more about each other, and friendships have developed. Naturally the discussions sometimes turn to other topics. I don't think that's something to be decried.

Edit: Gicko -
    *High-fives*

And at the pic.

7. - Top - End - #847

Perhaps not at first, but when it takes up more room than the crack pairings themselves, I'd say yes. Especially when there's already more fitting threads and nothing is stopping us from taking the discussion and all participants there.

As long as it's kept to the characters, no it isn't that off topic, but once we get to the psychology of people in the thread or humans in general, a bit.

Until the discussion moves completely away from anything connecting the teachers or whatever to crack pairings, then no. Posts simply pointing out "wow, that teacher was an ass"? Yes.

Sure, we know more about each other now. No, we'll never get rid of the off-topic discussions completely, and probably shouldn't, but when it gets particularly bad it's a detriment to the thread (and again, there's already a Random Banter thread).

I'll admit, I'm playing a bit of a devil's advocate (and hypocrite) here, but I just want to make sure that we don't go past the line... or stay past it. Whichever the case may be.
    It's been a bit, GitP. If you're reading this, you're either digging through old stuff, or I've posted for the first time in forever.

If you want to stay in touch, reach out to me on twitter (same username).

The best answer is always to ask your DM.
    Unless you're the DM, in which case you should talk to your players.

8. - Top - End - #848

Well, I have a (Somewhat crappy and short) crack pairing...

V/Nale

Spoiler
    Show

Vaarsuvius sighed and tapped hir foot impatiently, waiting for Elan to finish his shower. Never mind how anachronistic it was; the elf had gotten quite used to the shower. And who didn't love an endless stream of hot water to wash off in?

V sighed. Elan was taking a while. And now...Perfume? What? And the blue-on-blue color scheme was getting annoying; Azure City be damned.

Elan finally stepped out of the bathroom. V looked at him for a moment. "Elan, I must ask...Why are you wearing the clothes you wore yesterday, despite the fact that you have just showered?"

"Uhm, well...Don't you?"

"Hardly. Elan, as you know, I have several different robes and cloaks, all of the same shade, that I change daily. To go several days without regard for my personal hygiene..." V shuddered at the thought. A thought then struck hir. "Did I not tell you this several days ago. Then again, you are Elan..." V said to hirself, stepping past Elan and undoing the clasp on hir cloak as V stepped into the bathroom.

"Uh-huh! I'm Elan and not Nale, even though only the brilliant, perfect, genius Nale could have come up with such a foolproof, ingenious idea!"

V's eyes narrowed. Nale swallowed and began to sweat as he realized his mistake. "Charm Person!" he shouted as he cast the spell. V struggled for a moment, then just stood there, swaying slightly, hir eyes strangely blank.

Nale smiled evilly. "Good. That was a close one." He then peered at V, hir cloak lying crumpled on the ground. "You know...There's always something that I've wanted to know about you. And I think I need another shower. Come along, Vaarsuvius."

"...That is acceptable, Nale."
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2010-02-18 at 12:01 PM.

9. - Top - End - #849
    Titan in the Playground

I LOVE it, Coffee.

XD

Fiddler, much as i don't want to, i feel i must agree with most of your points-but i think talking about humanity (or goblinity or whatever) in general is very useful, and necessary.

10. - Top - End - #850
    Sheriff in the Playground Administrator

As I warned the last iteration of this thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Roland St. Jude View Post
    Sheriff of Moddingham: Fiction, people, fiction. Please drag this off the real world sexuality discussions, and, well, general discussion overall.
    And now for this thread:

Sheriff of Moddingham: If you can't keep it on topic and appropriate, then I have to close the thread. Fiction, comments on fiction, suggestions for new fiction, perhaps brief discussions of inspiration of fiction, but not ongoing real life dramas, discussions of philosophy, etc.

I can't keep coming back here to drag this thread (or its successors) on-topic or back in bounds content-wise. You need to do it yourselves without vigilante modding. That means personal responsibility by each poster to make your comment appropriate and relevant or take your comment to a different thread.
    Last edited by Roland St. Jude; 2010-02-18 at 02:00 PM.
    Forum Rules

Sheriff Roland by Chris the Pontifex

11. - Top - End - #851
    Barbarian in the Playground

Roland is right. I have been thinking of adding a discussion thread for the crack pairings thread. could allow some new people to ask questions before they get into the real stuff, and we could still be a thread. who is with me?
    Avatar of a Drow priestess by Teutonic Knight.

This is where I put my writings. Want to take a look?

12. - Top - End - #852

...I'll be good.

13. - Top - End - #853
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gicko View Post
    gaahh!! dang words keep showing up with a black background in paint for some reasion. and this compleatly removes all the words >.<

Try that one.

The one on the first post has a tranparent background so it can be put over any background colour (although you need a program that supports PNG transparency...), but if you're using a white background it doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by icastflare! View Post
    Roland is right. I have been thinking of adding a discussion thread for the crack pairings thread. could allow some new people to ask questions before they get into the real stuff, and we could still be a thread. who is with me?
    Presumably on the random banter or SMBG subforums? That's a possibility, although it might be wize to ask a mod first, since it would technically be a duplicate thread.

That could be a good idea, though, as we could keep this and other threads purely for posting and archiving work or directly related comments.

Another possiblility is moving this and future threads to the Arts and Crafts boards, assuming their more lenient about off-topicness over there, which I may be completely wrong about.
    Last edited by Zanaril; 2010-02-18 at 02:59 PM.
    This post may contain sarcasm.
    DeviantArt

14. - Top - End - #854

I'm always good! *Halo* So here's Blackwing x Tiasal.

Spoiler
    Show
    Very early on that day she had retreated to her clearing. Almost completely surrounded by high thorny bushes it was her own place, impossible for an adult to get into and hard for a child unless they knew the way. Leaves high above shaded the falling sunlight green and here she sat, hugging her legs, with her head resting on her knees and trying not to cry. Alone was such a hollow sounding word but it perfectly described the feeling in her chest. She always knew she was alone, in the same way that she knew her name was Tiasal, but on occasions like today, however, it expanded until it was an almost physical presence. A bubble of silence and isolation, growing until she felt she could nearly burst with the pressure. Of course there was always Inkyrius and Elan and Haley and the rest but they weren’t hers, not really, and they had other people that needed them. On days like today she missed her parents fiercely and hated them in equal measure for leaving her alone.

Dark eyes watched her from a high branch. Blackwing knew the pain and loneliness she would be feeling today as he felt some of it himself. He fluttered down, landing in front of her huddled form, and waited until she looked up at him.

“I know you’re missing your parents and your feeling a bit left out today but, well, I guess I'm just trying to say I know what you’re going through. I miss Vaarsuvius like Hell but I know, one day, we’ll get her back. Just remember there are people here that love you, even if they forget to show it sometimes.”

Raising a shaking hand she wiped the tears from her eyes and offered a tentative smile.

“Thanks Blackwing,” she whispered. “Happy Valentine’s Day to you too.”

What do you think? I'm afraid I may have diverted from the picturesque city of Fluff into the relatively seedier suburbs of Narm.

EDIT: More songs! Haley's could be "Good Enough" by Evanescence.
    Last edited by Taekwondodo; 2010-02-18 at 03:03 PM.
    Avatar by me...yup that's how good my drawing is. As in not very good.

Crack-Pairings, Not Dead Just Moved. Someone Hasn't Been Looking In The Right Places.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Caleniel View Post
    Taekwondodo - your nick and your avatar are terrific. I want to award you something... how about enough melons to see you through the next ice age?

15. - Top - End - #855
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Taekwondodo View Post
    I'm afraid I may have diverted from the picturesque city of Fluff into the relatively seedier suburbs of Narm.
    If so, we're all there with you.

I liked it, although it could have done this some snuggling.
    This post may contain sarcasm.
    DeviantArt

16. - Top - End - #856
    Titan in the Playground

RE: opening a new thread - I think that's an excellent idea. I don't want to lose this thread, and I don't want to lose the random banter so it's really the only logical idea. The other alternative is to do a hostile take-over of the Random Banter thread...

I liked Tiasal/Blackwing. Sweet story.
    Last edited by Asta Kask; 2010-02-18 at 03:45 PM.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

17. - Top - End - #857

I suppose roland would be the first to ask. Since he is the person who I would now and considering he knows how much we love talking, it would be a good solution. I think I am going to private message him about it.

18. - Top - End - #858

I don't have the time to do my usual mile-long reply, so I'm saving that for later. I just figured that I should submit a suggestion about the banter vs. crack pairing thing.

We do need to tone the banter down here, but instead of clogging the board, I'd like to suggest making a forum on FF for it. That way, we don't need to worry about staying on topic all the time and Roland won't have to worry about Crack Pairings spilling over to more than one thread. I could start it, if you like.

Spoiler
    Show

The April Squickies Award for Best Crack Pairing Story

Thank you so much to Kaytara for the avatar! It's of Redcloak's and Vaarsuvius's love child.

19. - Top - End - #859
    Titan in the Playground

FF sounds good.

What is it? Fiend Folio? Fighting Fantasy?

I'm showing my age, aren't I?

― Tim Fargo

20. - Top - End - #860
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zanaril View Post

Try that one.

The one on the first post has a tranparent background so it can be put over any background colour (although you need a program that supports PNG transparency...), but if you're using a white background it doesn't matter.

i love you

now. im off to make some banners! CHARRRRGEEEE!!!
    Last edited by Draconi Redfir; 2010-02-18 at 04:40 PM.

21. - Top - End - #861
    Titan in the Playground

I'd join the forum when done-we'll need a link, of course.

Good luck with the banners!

HinjoMiko

22. - Top - End - #862

Forum's here. Let's keep the discussion on the playground's Crack Pairings Thread tied to Crack Pairings.
    Last edited by Water-Smurf; 2010-02-18 at 04:51 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

The April Squickies Award for Best Crack Pairing Story

Thank you so much to Kaytara for the avatar! It's of Redcloak's and Vaarsuvius's love child.

23. - Top - End - #863
    Titan in the Playground

well here they are:

zombie dragon head x ABD zombie dragon head:
    Spoiler
    Show

code: (remove the period) [IMG] . http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/6647/zombiedragonheads2.jpg[/IMG]

reddy Rockrolling V in a Snazzy new vest:

Spoiler
    Show

code: (remove the period) [IMG] . http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/3213/vrickrolled2.jpg[/IMG]

they might be a little big...
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #864
    Titan in the Playground

Look nice!

25. - Top - End - #865

rogue love part 5 gonna be up soon. curse myself for not having a fanfic account so I have to wait a day.
    Last edited by icastflare!; 2010-02-18 at 06:05 PM.

26. - Top - End - #866
    Titan in the Playground

Can't wait~

27. - Top - End - #867

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Taekwondodo View Post
    I'm always good! *Halo* So here's Blackwing x Tiasal.

Spoiler
    Show
    Very early on that day she had retreated to her clearing. Almost completely surrounded by high thorny bushes it was her own place, impossible for an adult to get into and hard for a child unless they knew the way. Leaves high above shaded the falling sunlight green and here she sat, hugging her legs, with her head resting on her knees and trying not to cry. Alone was such a hollow sounding word but it perfectly described the feeling in her chest. She always knew she was alone, in the same way that she knew her name was Tiasal, but on occasions like today, however, it expanded until it was an almost physical presence. A bubble of silence and isolation, growing until she felt she could nearly burst with the pressure. Of course there was always Inkyrius and Elan and Haley and the rest but they weren’t hers, not really, and they had other people that needed them. On days like today she missed her parents fiercely and hated them in equal measure for leaving her alone.

Dark eyes watched her from a high branch. Blackwing knew the pain and loneliness she would be feeling today as he felt some of it himself. He fluttered down, landing in front of her huddled form, and waited until she looked up at him.

“I know you’re missing your parents and your feeling a bit left out today but, well, I guess I'm just trying to say I know what you’re going through. I miss Vaarsuvius like Hell but I know, one day, we’ll get her back. Just remember there are people here that love you, even if they forget to show it sometimes.”

Raising a shaking hand she wiped the tears from her eyes and offered a tentative smile.

“Thanks Blackwing,” she whispered. “Happy Valentine’s Day to you too.”

What do you think? I'm afraid I may have diverted from the picturesque city of Fluff into the relatively seedier suburbs of Narm.
    Nice and sweet story. Great job.

RE: opening a new thread - I think that's an excellent idea. I don't want to lose this thread, and I don't want to lose the random banter so it's really the only logical idea. The other alternative is to do a hostile take-over of the Random Banter thread...
    Maybe we should move over to the Arts and Crafts thread. ...or just take over the Random Banter thread. Whichever works best.

FF sounds good.

What is it? Fiend Folio? Fighting Fantasy?

I'm showing my age, aren't I?
    Yes, yes you are.
    Your local Cleric.

Cleric of the Murphy's Law Thread
    (yes, that is possible)

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

28. - Top - End - #868
    Titan in the Playground

I didn't guess. I think of it as FFN. XD

How did i miss that story? O_o I like it. Kinda cute.

What's narm? XD

29. - Top - End - #869

Rogue Love part 5 and now with 50 percent more druid jokes . this is gonna rock. next to last part.

Spoiler
    Show

Haley was somehow able to get most of the citizens back. A small number, including the mayor, she could not find. It was better than just letting them all die.
    Elan was just about done with the ritual. They would be out before sunset. Maybe they did have a chance

Julio scoundrel heard the signal almost immediately. From what he could understand it was coming from someone of importance. “Looks like its south for us. Should be there in a couple days”. He gathered his crew together. “We head to Stormblade!” posing heroically. It was at that point where he lost his balance and fell, ruining the moment.

The airships were in view over the sunset. The villagers were cheering. For Elan and Haley, happily ever after was only a short distance away. That is when a fireball took out a nearby building. “Guess who?” a familiar voice said. Samantha was back. By the will of the gods, fate, or a paid cleric, she was back.

Haley readied her bow. “Get the townsfolk to the airships. She is mine” Haley said to Elan. “No matter what, just get them out of here” Elan directed the frenzied crowd toward the airships. Now it was time for a fair rematch.

Haley shot her bow, but Samantha weaved out of the way. This went back and forth for awhile. They knew they were matched almost evenly. Time for a little outside assistance. Haley ran to the forest with Samantha hot on her tail. “Meet your maker!” she yelled as her spells scorched the earth. She was then jumped by P.O’Ed druids.

“Don’t hurt the earth! Go Green! Fur Is Murder!” The druids yelled as they beat her into the ground. Haley got away smirking. Who knew that druids would be so predictable? Oh wait, everyone did. Now she just had to find the airships before they took off without her.

The bandit king was readying the archers into position. Soon he would get revenge. That evil girl would feel his wrath. “We are ready to take down the airships. We will fire when ready. ” His lieutenant said. The bandit king has an evil grin “ FIRE!”

ohh ya. this got real. gonna leave you on a cliff hanger

30. - Top - End - #870
    Titan in the Playground

So who's going to make the crack pairing random banter thread?
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28