New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1473
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Crack Pairings VII - Bring Bottled Water, Our Water is Spiked With Love Potion

Quote Originally Posted by Zanaril View Post
    Got anything that helps with nausea? I spent most of last night throwing up.
    *offers Ginger Ale* Are you feeling better today?

And she's going to make sure Reddy knows it!
    I think he figured it out when V mouthed off to Xykon himself right after being mercilessly beaten up and nearly killed several times, with the threat of still being killed hanging over her head. V's got guts.

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    The same way a sad poem or maudlin' music does. It gives you a great lump in your throat and tears in your eyes, and you know somewhere that it's not real but that doesn't really matter. I'm a passionate man, and because of that I keep my passions on a short leash. It's good to let loose sometimes (I love horror movies for the same reason).
    I usually try to turn the feelings off by doing something else while watching/reading. I get depressed and thoughtful easily, as you've probably noticed, so I shy away from focusing all of my attention on things. (It's a testament to quality when I go straight through something and forget about whatever I brought along to distract myself at strategic intervals.)

Hmm... we need some new adjectives for this thread...

Smurfy: possessing doom, gloom, and break the cutie in large amounts. Your story is very smurfy.
    *laughs* Awesome! I have a reputation!

I'm totally going to start using that adjective in my head... ^.^

I don't know whether it's more funny or less funny when you consider how horrendously high the teen pregnancy rate is where I live.
    You should see some areas of where I live...

I hoped someone else would weigh in... Water-Smurf has a very characteristic style, so it's easy to think of something for her.
    Exactly! If you see a really depressing piece, even if the subject matter itself shouldn't make you sad, then you've found my stuff! :D

Twisted, like seeing the world through a kaleidoscope? Something like that.
    Hmmm... I'm not sure if I can really think of a readily available description for Coffee's or Zanaril's styles...

Spoiler
    Show

The April Squickies Award for Best Crack Pairing Story

Thank you so much to Kaytara for the avatar! It's of Redcloak's and Vaarsuvius's love child.

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Crack Pairings VII - Bring Bottled Water, Our Water is Spiked With Love Potion

Quote Originally Posted by Water-Smurf View Post
    I think he figured it out when V mouthed off to Xykon himself right after being mercilessly beaten up and nearly killed several times, with the threat of still being killed hanging over her head. V's got guts.
    Or +5 Cajones. (It was used in the comic!) Xykon can't quite tell.

I usually try to turn the feelings off by doing something else while watching/reading. I get depressed and thoughtful easily, as you've probably noticed, so I shy away from focusing all of my attention on things. (It's a testament to quality when I go straight through something and forget about whatever I brought along to distract myself at strategic intervals.)
    Hm. I listen to music a lot too when I write. Or do my homework. Or read. Or do comics.

Sometimes I listen to music that help fit the theme of whatever I'm writing/working on at the time. Helps get me in the mood. Other times, I kinda act out the scene; dash around my room and stuff.

In fact, sometimes the music I listened to helped me get ideas for crack pairings! (Look at my Belkar/Kyrie and V/IFCC!)

*laughs* Awesome! I have a reputation!
    How could you not? You're awesome!

You should see some areas of where I live...
    Thankfully it's not that bad where I live. Not bad at all, actually.

Exactly! If you see a really depressing piece, even if the subject matter itself shouldn't make you sad, then you've found my stuff! :D

Hmmm... I'm not sure if I can really think of a readily available description for Coffee's or Zanaril's styles...
    Aww, nothing?

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Titan in the Playground

Smurf is awesome. (intends to use that adjective)
    Hardly anyone is using the chatthread. (Glares) Dun't make me use Evan's Spiked Tentacles of Forced Intrusion on you guys/girls.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

4. - Top - End - #1054
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Smurf is awesome. (intends to use that adjective)
    Hardly anyone is using the chatthread. (Glares) Dun't make me use Evan's Spiked Tentacles of Forced Intrusion on you guys/girls.
    I'm using it. I would like to see Coffee there as well, but... *cow's eyes*

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeIncluded View Post
    ...I don't get it.
    I'm making cute eyes at you to get you to update ML more often. You're immune to *kitten eyes* and *puppy eyes*, so I'm working my way through the animal kingdom. And *sheep's eyes* had... connotations I didn't know about.

And you never told the story! Please? It'll be good inspiration.
    Not much to tell. My friend is bisexual and was very close friend to a girl. So one day when the girl's family was out of town, she called my friend and asked her to come over. The door was open and when she came in there were rose petals scattered on the floor. Lit candles in the stairway to the upper bedroom, where the girl resided. And on the bed was the... package. All unwrapped, so to speak.

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

5. - Top - End - #1055

I'm using it. I would like to see Coffee there as well, but... *cow's eyes*

I'm making cute eyes at you to get you to update ML more often. You're immune to *kitten eyes* and *puppy eyes*, so I'm working my way through the animal kingdom. And *sheep's eyes* had... connotations I didn't know about.

Not much to tell. My friend is bisexual and was very close friend to a girl. So one day when the girl's family was out of town, she called my friend and asked her to come over. The door was open and when she came in there were rose petals scattered on the floor. Lit candles in the stairway to the upper bedroom, where the girl resided. And on the bed was the... package. All unwrapped, so to speak.
    I said I'll join later!

Sorry, I'm immune.

What...Connotations?

...Wow. Did it work?

And to get back on topic, I am SO using something like that in a crack pairing.

So, anyone else have some new ideas? Does anyone else use music for inspiration for crack pairings?

Closak's style? Dragons. Lots and lots of dragons. (I'm on topic! I'm on topic!)

Hey, Water-Smurf, will you ever be doing a sequel to the happy ending version? Where the in-laws visit?
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2010-02-22 at 05:04 PM.

6. - Top - End - #1056

I said I'll join later!

Closak's style? Dragons. Lots and lots of dragons. (I'm on topic! I'm on topic!)
    I still have to find my own little niche dont I? ( I fear no spiked tentacles, for my soul is already sold to cthulhu. So ya my afterlife isnt looking so well
    Avatar of a Drow priestess by Teutonic Knight.

This is where I put my writings. Want to take a look?

7. - Top - End - #1057
    Titan in the Playground

What...Connotations?
    make sheep's eyes at somebody (old-fashioned)
    to look at someone in a way that shows that you love them or are attracted to them Ken's been making sheep's eyes at his ex-girlfriend all night.

...Wow.

Did it work?
    Oh yes. Oh yes, indeed.

So, anyone else have some new ideas? Does anyone else use music for inspiration for crack pairings?
    I listen very much to music, so a definite yes. Wagner is always good. He is known for being bombastic - and he certainly is - but when he writes romantic music and text, he's very gentle, very romantic.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

8. - Top - End - #1058

make sheep's eyes at somebody (old-fashioned)
    to look at someone in a way that shows that you love them or are attracted to them Ken's been making sheep's eyes at his ex-girlfriend all night.

Oh yes. Oh yes, indeed.

I listen very much to music, so a definite yes. Wagner is always good. He is known for being bombastic - and he certainly is - but when he writes romantic music and text, he's very gentle, very romantic.
    Ah, thanks. Might use that quote too.

Okay, let's get back on topic! Sorry guys!

Water-Smurf, in the happy ending, do they ever get officially married? And what happens to Aarindarius and Kyrie?
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2010-02-22 at 05:04 PM.

9. - Top - End - #1059

Really? I listen to korn, smashing pumpkins, megadeth, judas priest. etc when I create mine

10. - Top - End - #1060
    Titan in the Playground

Hmmm... so we have

Smurfness - full of doom, gloom and generous amounts of break the cutie. Your story is full of Smurfness.
    Coffeelicious - Twisted, like seeing the world through a kaleidoscope. That's... just... Coffeelicious!
    Zanare - watching the room through a keyhole after you've locked two people in there. She totally Zanared them. (changed the word - it has to be a verb, really.)
    Closakian - involving dragons. Lots and lots of dragons. In erotic poses and situations. Can I borrow your brain bleach? That story was totally Closakian

Any other suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by icastflare! View Post
    Really? I listen to korn, smashing pumpkins, megadeth, judas priest. etc when I create mine
    It depends on my mood. I listen to a lot of heavy metal too (KISS, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Metallica) and I draw inspiration from where I can. But Wagner has more in common with heavy metal than you'd imagine. Both are the kind of music that doesn't scrape with one foot and asks nicely if it can come in...

Edit: This thread points out that Belkar's brain has only two options - Lust and Hate. And Belkar certainly doesn't hate Mr. Scruffy. So, logically... anyone feel like running with it?
    Last edited by Asta Kask; 2010-02-22 at 05:21 PM.

― Tim Fargo

11. - Top - End - #1061

Was nostalgic for the first days of crack so decided to re-read the first thread. Is it just me or have we got less cracky?
    Avatar by me...yup that's how good my drawing is. As in not very good.

Crack-Pairings, Not Dead Just Moved. Someone Hasn't Been Looking In The Right Places.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Caleniel View Post
    Taekwondodo - your nick and your avatar are terrific. I want to award you something... how about enough melons to see you through the next ice age?

12. - Top - End - #1062
    Titan in the Playground

LESS cracky?

XYKON IS ACTUALLY A GIRL, SHIPPED WITH AARINDARIOUS CAUSE THEY'RE BOTH EPIC LEVEL
    Of course, this relationship causes them to say 'Humho, let's let V and Reddy off."
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.

13. - Top - End - #1063

Quote Originally Posted by Taekwondodo View Post
    Was nostalgic for the first days of crack so decided to re-read the first thread. Is it just me or have we got less cracky?
    the initial shock was probably what made it seem more crackish. I think we have gotten crackier, just the shock is gone.

14. - Top - End - #1064

Maybe you're right, there was definitely more pairings per thread though!
    Avatar by me...yup that's how good my drawing is. As in not very good.

Crack-Pairings, Not Dead Just Moved. Someone Hasn't Been Looking In The Right Places.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Caleniel View Post
    Taekwondodo - your nick and your avatar are terrific. I want to award you something... how about enough melons to see you through the next ice age?

15. - Top - End - #1065

Quote Originally Posted by Taekwondodo View Post
    Maybe you're right, there was definitely more pairings per thread though!
    We wander off into other subjects. besides the stream that is creativy does start to run to just a trickle eventually. A good idea must come along and send the stream rushing. the runoff ends up here

16. - Top - End - #1066
    Titan in the Playground

and really theire are only so many charicters to work with. any pairing a newcomer like myself makes is likely to have been done at least once in the past allready.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #1067
    Titan in the Playground

[Offtopic] For anyone here who reads Murphy's law, my comic is back on.

[On topic] More pairings would be nice. Yes.

I might get around to writing some myself.
    Last edited by Silverraptor; 2010-02-22 at 08:03 PM.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

18. - Top - End - #1068

Hey, Water-Smurf, will you ever be doing a sequel to the happy ending version? Where the in-laws visit?
    Maybe, maybe not.

Water-Smurf, in the happy ending, do they ever get officially married? And what happens to Aarindarius and Kyrie?
    In the in-laws story? They're officially married under the Dark One (Redcloak was the only one who cared about which religion the ceremony was done under, and Vaarsuvius never cared enough to make it specifically under the elven gods as well). Aarindarius is still living nearby, and after so long, he's warmed up considerably to Redcloak. He's not happy that his Suvie married someone Evil, but he's realized that, at least with goblins, Evil doesn't necessarily mean evil. And the fact Redcloak is a quiet intellectual and is obviously very loving and passionate about who and what he loves, and therefore appeals to Aarindarius on a personal level, definitely helped out.

Kyrie still lives with the kids where they moved since the whole thing with the dragon. Not close enough to be considered neighbors, but close enough so that Octavius and Terentius can be with the rest of the family with little trouble. Redcloak and the boys are a little uncomfortable with each other, but Kyrie insists that they build some sort of relationship, so they try to get through some awkward conversation whenever they're together.

Hmmm... so we have

Smurfness - full of doom, gloom and generous amounts of break the cutie. Your story is full of Smurfness.
    Coffeelicious - Twisted, like seeing the world through a kaleidoscope. That's... just... Coffeelicious!
    Zanare - watching the room through a keyhole after you've locked two people in there. She totally Zanared them. (changed the word - it has to be a verb, really.)
    Closakian - involving dragons. Lots and lots of dragons. In erotic poses and situations. Can I borrow your brain bleach? That story was totally Closakian

Any other suggestions?
    You should get an adjective. Maybe... Kasky - caring, intelligent, and doting. He's just a Kasky guy all around.

Spoiler
    Show

The April Squickies Award for Best Crack Pairing Story

Thank you so much to Kaytara for the avatar! It's of Redcloak's and Vaarsuvius's love child.

19. - Top - End - #1069

Maybe, maybe not.
    Because it's so different from your style?

In the in-laws story? They're officially married under the Dark One (Redcloak was the only one who cared about which religion the ceremony was done under, and Vaarsuvius never cared enough to make it specifically under the elven gods as well). Aarindarius is still living nearby, and after so long, he's warmed up considerably to Redcloak. He's not happy that his Suvie married someone Evil, but he's realized that, at least with goblins, Evil doesn't necessarily mean evil. And the fact Redcloak is a quiet intellectual and is obviously very loving and passionate about who and what he loves, and therefore appeals to Aarindarius on a personal level, definitely helped out.

Kyrie still lives with the kids where they moved since the whole thing with the dragon. Not close enough to be considered neighbors, but close enough so that Octavius and Terentius can be with the rest of the family with little trouble. Redcloak and the boys are a little uncomfortable with each other, but Kyrie insists that they build some sort of relationship, so they try to get through some awkward conversation whenever they're together.
    Hm. Well, at least they're happy and Tia didn't fly off the deep end.

What about the rest of the Order?

You should get an adjective. Maybe... Kasky - caring, intelligent, and doting. He's just a Kasky guy all around.
    Adjectives for everyone!

20. - Top - End - #1070

Because it's so different from your style?

Hm. Well, at least they're happy and Tia didn't fly off the deep end.

What about the rest of the Order?

Adjectives for everyone!
    Yay! will the fiddler get one

21. - Top - End - #1071

Quote Originally Posted by Gicko View Post
    and really theire are only so many charicters to work with. any pairing a newcomer like myself makes is likely to have been done at least once in the past allready.
    That's never stopped anybody before, and there's still tons of new circumstances to try out.
    It's been a bit, GitP. If you're reading this, you're either digging through old stuff, or I've posted for the first time in forever.

If you want to stay in touch, reach out to me on twitter (same username).

The best answer is always to ask your DM.
    Unless you're the DM, in which case you should talk to your players.

22. - Top - End - #1072

Griffon

*peeps in*

*wonders if there is such a thing as seregific*

Sorry about my recent low post rate. Things are a little hectic at the moment. It's taking me longer than normal to write my next pairing.

As for the FF thread...okay, I'll join. But it will be later.

23. - Top - End - #1073
    Titan in the Playground

i couldent sleep again. seems i always get inspired with something worthy of the crack pairings thread when i can sleep. heres a little bit of something i like to call:

the alternate path
    Spoiler
    Show
    Vaarsuvius sighed as she stared out the window of her little home. She was washing the dishes made from her latest alchemical experiment, an all-bran muffin with a delicious chocolate core. Her stomach poked out a good foot or so below her, forcing her to stand at least a foot away from the sink as she washed. She had been pregnant for a good two and a half years now, in another six months or so she would by lying on her back screaming bloody murder as she gave birth for the first time.

Two and a half years… it’s been at least that long since Vaarsuvius had last seen her beloved Inkyrius. Vaarsuvius remembered how he had left the Elvin homelands all those years ago in search of “ultimate arcane power”. She giggled to herself as she thought about it. He seemed so handsome when he was all high and mighty like that. Ever since he was chosen to be Aarindarius’s apprentice he’d had a fascination with magic. One she had shared with him for quite some time. Sadly she was no sorcerer, and with Inkyrius being taught the ways of magic away from home, she just didn’t have the time to study it on her own. Vaarsuvius’s ears jumped as she heard the ping of the timer she had set up thirty minutes ago. The dishes would have to wait for now, dinner was ready to be served.

Vaarsuvius quickly pulled on her oven mitts and grabbed a butter knife from a nearby cutlery drawer. The heat from the oven plumed over her face as she opened it to reveal a large loaf of bread. She inhaled deeply as the fragrant scent of cooked wheat exposed itself. Carefully she pulled out the bread with both hands, placing the butterknife down the center once she had laid it to rest on the counter. Vaarsuvius smiled as she brought the knife back out and examined it. None of the batter had stuck, the bread was ready.

Vaarsuvius removed her mitts as she let the bread cool on the counter. Quickly closing and turning-off the oven before reaching for the salad she had prepared earlier. By the time she had mixed the dressing in and added the croutons, the bread had cooled. She pulled out three plates and gently cut the bread into three medium-sized buns. She used a spoon to hollow out the buns, and carefully poured one-third the salad into each one, adding some more seasoning to the salad, and adding the removed bits of bread on top. The then placed the plates onto the table and poured two glasses of orange juice, and one of milk. Vaarsuvius stood back and examined the table for a short while before calling for her children. “Another masterpiece of the highest caliber” she thought to herself, gently patting her belly.

ok so its technechly not a pairing but still... thoughts?
    Last edited by Draconi Redfir; 2010-02-23 at 06:25 AM.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #1074
    Titan in the Playground

I dunno that Baker!V would be that calm and quiet. XD But funny.

25. - Top - End - #1075
    Dwarf in the Playground

Gicko -It was great! After reading this story I became hungry . And two and half years of pregnancy- now I know why they decided to adopt children .

26. - Top - End - #1076
    Ogre in the Playground

*offers Ginger Ale* Are you feeling better today?
    My neck still feels swollen, but I'll live.

D'awww!

Two and a half years… it’s been at least that long since Vaarsuvius had last seen her beloved Inkyrius.
    If it had been any longer, I think there would be some awkward questions!
    Last edited by Zanaril; 2010-02-23 at 11:32 AM.
    This post may contain sarcasm.
    DeviantArt

27. - Top - End - #1077
    Titan in the Playground

i couldent sleep again. seems i always get inspired with something worthy of the crack pairings thread when i can sleep. heres a little bit of something i like to call:

the alternate path
    Spoiler
    Show

I liked it. I love alternate universes stories and 'what if' stories.

Fewer pairings? Well, we have picked the low-hanging fruit and we have raised our ambitions. And I think we ask each other for help more - that eats a lot of pages.

I've found that if you treat people well, they generally treat you well in return. Sure, there are a few exceptions, but I'm willing to accept that in exchange for all the good I get. Besides, I like being kind to people.

If it had been any longer, I think there would be some awkward questions!
    My best friends wife has an ancestor who was born 15 months are the 'father' died...
    Last edited by Asta Kask; 2010-02-23 at 11:33 AM.

― Tim Fargo

28. - Top - End - #1078
    Ogre in the Playground

Fewer pairings? Well, we have picked the low-hanging fruit and we have raised our ambitions.
    And we no longer rely on plot devices such as love potions and kidnapping and kinky, kinky fetishes.

Wait, what am I saying? Of course we do.

My best friends wife has an ancestor who was born 15 months are the 'father' died...
    Well it's not really adultery if the previous husband is dead.

And it suddenly occurs to me how Gicko's story easily could be a crack pairing.
    Last edited by Zanaril; 2010-02-23 at 12:01 PM.
    DeviantArt

29. - Top - End - #1079
    Titan in the Playground

Yes. a two and a half year pregnancy. My guess is that it takes about three years for elves to be born in OOTSworld. i mean if they are still only children at 40, what would you expect?

And I kinda figured the reasionb they adopted was because V was always traveling, therefore not able/willing to bear a child. But with Inky as the adventurer, she has all the time in the world :P

Wasn’t quite a fan of how i had to use V's full name everytime i mentioned her. I couldn’t think of any shorter name i could use that didn’t sound like a nickname given by a friend or loved one.

As for why baker V was so calm and quiet?... *shrugs* I’m better and describing actions and events then I am people talking XD

And yes. All of the above was my opinion on my own story XD (little tidbit: everything that took place in the story? takes place in about ten-20 minutes XD)

Well Zan? How COULD it be a crack pairing? Its crack because no one ever dose inky x V pairings anymore? XD
    Last edited by Draconi Redfir; 2010-02-23 at 12:57 PM.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #1080
    Ogre in the Playground

Well Zan? How COULD it be a crack pairing? Its crack because no one ever dose inky x V pairings anymore? XD
    Because if Inky's been away longer than V's been pregnant for, he's not the father. And from there on, the rampant speculation can begin.
    DeviantArt