New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 49 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: My Little Pony XXX: Trixie Treats!

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    Wugh, was feeling a bit down yesterday, y'know one of those moods where you feel like shunning human/pony contact for a while?

I ended up playing some games with some friends, and felt a little better in the end, but must have still been a bit under because I had a night of restless sleeping and nightmares (not scary ones, but the kind of ones that depress you with life-affecting things; eg. your boss being replaced with someone you really hate etc)

Anyway, in amongst all the flickering visions of running around fixing things, having to deal with stress from said manager and the like ... I remember one brief scene.

Lix.

I have never seen her before, I still can't remember what she looked like in my dream, and I still don't know how I knew it was her ... BUT I KNEW!

Anyway, she was only there for a brief moment ... she turned me into a toy Tonka Truck and gave me a hug.

I kinda feel a bit better now ...

But I still gotta ask ... LIXIE, WHAT THE HAY WERE YOU DOING IN MY HEAD?!?!
    I had a dream about ponies last night. That shouldn't be surprising, I had been doing a pony episode marathon for several hours before going to sleep. What was surprising was that I was a pony. And all of the mane cast was there. And we were in Ponyville, and it was in cartoon. And everybody from the ponythread was there in ponyform. In fact, I dreamed of ponies all last night. I woke up a few times, so I know I had a few distinct ones. I don't remember much about them, I had completely forgotten until reading this post, but yeah. Kinda cool actually.

2. - Top - End - #512
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelbert View Post
    I had a dream about ponies last night. That shouldn't be surprising, I had been doing a pony episode marathon for several hours before going to sleep. What was surprising was that I was a pony. And all of the mane cast was there. And we were in Ponyville, and it was in cartoon. And everybody from the ponythread was there in ponyform. In fact, I dreamed of ponies all last night. I woke up a few times, so I know I had a few distinct ones. I don't remember much about them, I had completely forgotten until reading this post, but yeah. Kinda cool actually.
    ...out of curiosity, what form I had? :P

Also, relevant
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

3. - Top - End - #513
    Titan in the Playground

What did I look like?

4. - Top - End - #514
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Should have seen that coming. I'll try to remember, but like I said, I had completely forgotten about it until now. Some of the details are rather sketchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    ...out of curiosity, what form I had? :P
    Blue, but the color of the G&PT's hair. The mane was a darker blue or purple. You definitely had a horn, you might have been an alicorn though.

Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post
    What did I look like?
    Orange earth pony, yellow (maybe green?) hair, cherry or some other type of fruit cutie mark.

Wow, I'm a little impressed I remembered both of those.

5. - Top - End - #515
    Titan in the Playground

I hope I was there. Because if I wasn't...

I actually had a dream about ponies once too, which is strange because television has never directly effected my dreams before. All I remember from it, is Applejack calling me "Sugar Cube".
    Last edited by Nameless; 2011-11-01 at 03:27 PM.

6. - Top - End - #516
    Ogre in the Playground

Kinda wondering if I should ask about this...

Or if the distinction was clear enough between us...
    Protect Humanity
    Enslave the gods

7. - Top - End - #517
    Titan in the Playground

Orange earth pony, yellow (maybe green?) hair, cherry or some other type of fruit cutie mark.

Wow, I'm a little impressed I remembered both of those.
    ....Huh.

Any chance you remember what my mane and tail looked like?

8. - Top - End - #518
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Guy who was writing a Dwarf Fortress mlp crossover
    I'm writing a Dwar Fortress mlp crossover!
    When I first saw that, I thought, woah! The Dorfs and ponies are going to meet up and it's going to be exactly how I imagined it! But it wasn't. Still, it's a pretty interesting fic.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorpalbob View Post
    I am a huge fan of Statler and Waldorf, and riffing in general. I was raised on a steady diet of MST3K. I would LOVE to do a riff of some pony episodes. Anyone else interested?

I don't understand the technical side of such things, but I'm sure I could learn.
    Statler and Waldorf are best ponies. Or should be best ponies. And that sounds fun, but I'm too self conscious to do anything like that.

...Did I show up?
    Last edited by Tectonic Robot; 2011-11-01 at 03:32 PM.

9. - Top - End - #519
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Was I there? I mean, I don't really have a pony-persona, so. Did your mind make one up?

Or do I not count as a ponythread person.
    Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)

10. - Top - End - #520
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    In which Kindablue kinda commits murder.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Seriously. This is much easier than you're all making it out to be. Even on the soulless, toneless Internet, this is easy. He gave a list of three things. "An depression," "a thyroid dysfunction," and realizing that "nothing matters anyway" (all in a single, long, I'd say kind of beautiful polysyndetic sentence). Two of those are legitimate medical disorders that could be used in a serious argument to refute what you were saying, as you just admitted. The third was cribbed from my middle school diary.
    Rarity approves of this and any future killing sprees.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Apologies; I study philosophy. I've spent long enough arguing that for real that I forget irony.
    You know, today I wondered if several ancient philosophers were just early trolls who liked to annoy people.

I'll back up what Thanqol said here. Nihilism (defined in this sense) isn't even tenable from within nihilism. That's what Camus was all about. If you have any doubts, read something like the Myth of Sisyphus or The Rebel. He trashes it from within.
    Does it? Nihilism says there's not objective moral, and I haven't seen a rebuttal of that. I don't count increased pheromone levels caused by evolutionary useful behaviour as objective measurement.

Medical and hormonal problems are outside my area of expertise, but I can contest nihilism. Nihilism is a weak-ass philosophy. If everything we do is predetermined, meaningless and brief then the only ideal left to us is sharing joy with each other. If the universe is cruel and impersonal, then the only thing that is human is us, and it falls upon us alone to show kindness and love to each other. If this is all there is, despair is a waste of the valuable, transient time you have available to you. May as well be happy. May as well make others happy. Just because a flame doesn't burn forever doesn't mean the flame can't be beautiful.
    It#s not that easy. To quote Angel:

ANGEL: Not all of it. All I wanna do is help. I wanna help because I don't think people should suffer, as they do. Because, if there is no bigger meaning, then the smallest act of kindness is the greatest thing in the world.
    The point is, if the smallest act of kindness is the greatest, what does this make the greatest act of kindness? If it's also the greatest act of kindness, it would mean any amount of effort or effect will always lead to the same result.

by the way: I don't go around and quote Nietzsche all day. I like the increases of happy hormones in my blood stream when I act evolutionary useful.

Random image dump to increase ponyness. by CSIMax

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

11. - Top - End - #521
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie Welf View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    ALL ALICORNS ARE BORN AS TRIPLETS
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

12. - Top - End - #522
    Ettin in the Playground

Out of curiosity, was I there?
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

13. - Top - End - #523
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hey everypony! I got the results of the CISSP exam I took three weeks ago! Did I pass?
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

Pony thread's official Element of Youtube

14. - Top - End - #524
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Almost all of them were directly related to your avatar. If you don't have a pony avatar, then the color scheme of your avatar. Also, everypony was female. No exceptions.

So...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    I hope I was there. Because if I wasn't...

I actually had a dream about ponies once too, which is strange because television has never directly effected my dreams before. All I remember from it, is Applejack calling me "Sugar Cube".
    Black body with a black and purple mane. I remember that one in particular, you really stood out (even enough for me to notice it inside my muddled dream-state)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowy View Post
    Kinda wondering if I should ask about this...

Or if the distinction was clear enough between us...
    You guessed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post
    ....Huh.

Any chance you remember what my mane and tail looked like?
    Here, something like this. (Made from the pony generator)
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonic Robot View Post
    ...Did I show up?
    Unicorn, gray body with a darker gray mane. Cutie mark was some sort of lug nut. No idea why.

Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    Was I there? I mean, I don't really have a pony-persona, so. Did your mind make one up?

Or do I not count as a ponythread person.
    Interestingly enough, there was a penguin there. It wasn't you though. You were a dark gray pegasus with blue hair. The cutie mark was a sceptre.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie Welf View Post
    Does it? Nihilism says there's not objective moral, and I haven't seen a rebuttal of that. I don't count increased pheromone levels caused by evolutionary useful behaviour as objective measurement.
    Just curious, have you read the Myth of Sisyphus? The whole point is that there is no meaning to life (or if there is, it's impossible for humans to know), but yet everyone tries to find a meaning in their life. The combination of the two is what is know as the absurd. He calls for "acceptance without resignation" of the absurd, and for a continual revolt against it.
    Now wait for a person better versed in philosophy than me comes and demolishes that.

15. - Top - End - #525
    Barbarian in the Playground

The only dream I can remember that was related to ponies in any way was just of me posting on ponythread. Completely mundane. All my dreams are either mundane stuff like that or random crazy nonsense. Like that time I got chased through Slidell, Louisiana by Professor Snape after stealing his scooter that he kept at the Juneau, Alaska airport for some reason. Or the one where the Walmart I once worked at was located inside my grandmother's house and my former coworkers glued gumballs all over my car that was parked out front. The gumballs were inexplicably chicken flavored.

On a less crazy subject I just saw this.

Spoiler
    Show

I want a Big Mac so bad. I usually don't even care too much about pony toys but it's Big Macintosh. For some reason that makes it different.

16. - Top - End - #526

duplicate post, please ignore
    Last edited by byaku rai; 2011-11-01 at 04:05 PM.

17. - Top - End - #527
    Titan in the Playground

Black body with a black and purple mane. I remember that one in particular, you really stood out (even enough for me to notice it inside my muddled dream-state)
    Yay, that's pretty much how I imagine my pony self. I must know everything that happened in this dream, as well as what kind of pony I was and what my cutie mark was.

The great and powerful Nameless demands it!

18. - Top - End - #528
    Orc in the Playground

I had a pony dream last night too. I have no Idea what happened in it, But I remember waking up with the mental image of Twilight Sparkle In Gears of War armour with a lancer modified for pony use. Which is kinda odd, considering I haven't played a Gears of War game in months. I also remember Page 6000 of Homestuck being made out of Minecraft Blocks. It was 248 blocks high.

I once also had 6 pony dreams in the space of a week. It was pretty darn awesome.
    Last edited by MBI; 2011-11-01 at 04:05 PM.
    Awesome avatar was by kpenguin. Until Photobucket decided to kill it. Whoops. New avatar isn't by kippy.

19. - Top - End - #529

I haven't actually had any pony dreams, but i'm sure that's only a matter of time.

... Actually, I did have one where I was watching a movie with a humanized Fluttershy, but I'm not sure that counts.

On an unrelated note, the Ponyhammer RP is dying! If you're involved with it, please, for the love of Luna go save it! And if you're not, feel free to join!

I also feel the urge to ask whether I was in Gaelbert's dream, but that's not likely, so *shrug* ^^"

20. - Top - End - #530
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I had a dream about ponies last night.
    Le gasp! Me too!

...Though mine was relatively unsolicited. I'd have expected zombie apocalypse or Fallout related dreams last night, but ponies was relatively out of the blue. Except for the affirmation of the spread of pony throughout the university.

My dreams are generally pretty weird, though.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Something about a fashion related event in Ponyville, then the Mane 6 realizing they all had something really important they had to do (Spike bursts in with a message for Twilight), then a mysterious figure (a talking cockatrice, I think?) getting upset that they all had to leave. Cut to a first person view of Applejack running some errands, but as she was paying for whatever she was buying, she saw a hand.

Her hand. AJ had turned into a human. Cut back to third-person view, and AJ is in--a field?--looking for Twilight. She runs into Luna (I think?), who is visibly upset about something (she may have also been at the opening event). When asked, she says that something's wrong with Twilight. They run to her, and found that Twilight is writhing on the ground, with roughly her back half turned flesh-colored.

My memory of the dream (or at least, any memory that follows any kind of plotline) kinda stops there. The apparent plot from the part that I remember is that the figure from the opening scene cursed the Mane 6 (and possibly Luna), and they were turning into humans one by one. And no, they weren't naked. Or, at least, AJ was wearing a stylized cowgirl outfit, as I don't recall seeing the others in human form throughout the dream.

21. - Top - End - #531
    Ogre in the Playground

Almost all of them were directly related to your avatar. If you don't have a pony avatar, then the color scheme of your avatar. Also, everypony was female. No exceptions..
    Do you remember mine by any chance?
    ... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.

22. - Top - End - #532
    Troll in the Playground

Gaelbert, was I in your pony dream?
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

23. - Top - End - #533
    Bugbear in the Playground

Well I was happy about passing my test, until I read the saddest thing ever
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

Pony thread's official Element of Youtube

24. - Top - End - #534
    Titan in the Playground

So, it struck me earlier, but Spike doesn't have any wings.
    Wonder what he'll look like when he's older? Either they grow in seperately at some point, or he'll look potentially significantly different to the Dragon's we've seen so far.

25. - Top - End - #535
    Ogre in the Playground

Almost all of them were directly related to your avatar. If you don't have a pony avatar, then the color scheme of your avatar. Also, everypony was female. No exceptions.

Unicorn, gray body with a darker gray mane. Cutie mark was some sort of lug nut. No idea why.

I SHOWED UP???

Squuuuuuuuueeeeeeee!

As a mare! Ok, that bits weird, but still! Squeeeeeeee...

Edit: I just read that Halloween thing.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I really can't talk about what I'm feeling right now.
    Last edited by Tectonic Robot; 2011-11-01 at 04:37 PM.

26. - Top - End - #536
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eakin View Post
    Wow. I have no words to describe this. Words are never enough to describe things like this. I can't image what it must feel like, knowing that you won't live to a decent age. It must have been terrifying for her, especially as she was only ten.
    Awesome avatar was by kpenguin. Until Photobucket decided to kill it. Whoops. New avatar isn't by kippy.

27. - Top - End - #537
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eakin View Post
    Why would you post such heart-wrenching sadness. ;_;

28. - Top - End - #538
    Titan in the Playground

I'm kinda curious if I was in it.

Doubt it though.

In other news I slept in today and this has enraged me apparently as I've been snappish and easily angered by everything today. Though the anger doesn't last. So today has been Angry-calm-angry-calm-angry-angry-calm.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

29. - Top - End - #539
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    Le gasp! Me too!

...Though mine was relatively unsolicited. I'd have expected zombie apocalypse or Fallout related dreams last night, but ponies was relatively out of the blue. Except for the affirmation of the spread of pony throughout the university.

My dreams are generally pretty weird, though.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Something about a fashion related event in Ponyville, then the Mane 6 realizing they all had something really important they had to do (Spike bursts in with a message for Twilight), then a mysterious figure (a talking cockatrice, I think?) getting upset that they all had to leave. Cut to a first person view of Applejack running some errands, but as she was paying for whatever she was buying, she saw a hand.

Her hand. AJ had turned into a human. Cut back to third-person view, and AJ is in--a field?--looking for Twilight. She runs into Luna (I think?), who is visibly upset about something (she may have also been at the opening event). When asked, she says that something's wrong with Twilight. They run to her, and found that Twilight is writhing on the ground, with roughly her back half turned flesh-colored.

My memory of the dream (or at least, any memory that follows any kind of plotline) kinda stops there. The apparent plot from the part that I remember is that the figure from the opening scene cursed the Mane 6 (and possibly Luna), and they were turning into humans one by one. And no, they weren't naked. Or, at least, AJ was wearing a stylized cowgirl outfit, as I don't recall seeing the others in human form throughout the dream.
    Write it bro! xD
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

30. - Top - End - #540
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Write it bro! xD
    He did write it...