New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Young Justice (Spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    So, apparently they're on another extended hiatus. I was checking Wikipedia's episode list to see when the next is set to air, and lists the rest of season 1 as airing at some point in 2012. What the heck is it with this show and hiatuses? Cartoon Network screwing with things - perhaps to delay the rest of the episodes to play at the same time as the Green Lantern cartoon launches or somesuch? Or are that just that many delays getting the episodes made?

Zevox
    I did the same thing. I'd be happier if they at least did show the next Green Lantern episode, at least it'd be something.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Ogre in the Playground

So, apparently they're on another extended hiatus. I was checking Wikipedia's episode list to see when the next is set to air, and lists the rest of season 1 as airing at some point in 2012. What the heck is it with this show and hiatuses? Cartoon Network screwing with things - perhaps to delay the rest of the episodes to play at the same time as the Green Lantern cartoon launches or somesuch? Or are that just that many delays getting the episodes made?

Zevox
    I understand them not wanting to air over the holidays. Lots of shows take breaks this time of year.
    "And yet, will we ever come to an end of discussion and talk if we think we must always reply to replies? For replies come from those who either cannot understand what is said to them, or are so stubborn and contentious that they refuse to give in even if they do understand." - St. Augustine

The Index of the Giant's Comments | Thanks, Bradakhan, for the avatar!

3. - Top - End - #303
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Zevox
    All episodes of Season one have been finished as of Greg's last update. And the first seven episodes of Season two have been shipped overseas for animation.
    Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)

4. - Top - End - #304
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

They did the same thing with Justice League Unlimited.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Ogre in the Playground

So the more I think about it, the more I think that Superboy is the traitor. Not only does it make sense, but it would be a great character arc for him.
    "And yet, will we ever come to an end of discussion and talk if we think we must always reply to replies? For replies come from those who either cannot understand what is said to them, or are so stubborn and contentious that they refuse to give in even if they do understand." - St. Augustine

6. - Top - End - #306
    Troll in the Playground

I have a theory, but it would be a copout and it's based on a single line of dialogue rather than any realistic likelihood.

In the most recent episode, when Zatanna and Artemis are talking about whether or not Artemis has secrets, Zatanna rather pointedly tells Artemis that all secrets have to come out into the light.

Since every other time someone's made a reference like that, it's been a sly self-reference to The Light, I now assume that Zatanna is actually the mole. She knows everything about the team while not being actually on it, making her the perfect choice, and while she didn't technically appear before Sportsmaster made his announcement, it is entirely possible that Zatarra was telling her too much.

I have a second theory, but it relies rather heavily on knowledge of the comics and of Artemis's background, so don't read on if you don't know that or want to (all indications are that she has the same background in this show as in the comics).

Spoiler
    Show
    Sportsmaster knows that Artemis is his daughter, so he may simply have assumed that she is a mole, despite the fact that she actually isn't. It would be an interesting twist if Sportsmaster tried to make her change sides and she flipped him off.
    If you like my thoughts, you'll love my writing. Visit me at www.mishahandman.com.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Friv View Post
    I now assume that Zatanna is actually the mole. She knows everything about the team while not being actually on it, making her the perfect choice, and while she didn't technically appear before Sportsmaster made his announcement, it is entirely possible that Zatarra was telling her too much.
    I see your argument, but I think that would be a bit of a writing cop out for it to be Zatanna, who wasn't even present when the mystery was introduced to the audience.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Troll in the Playground

Wait, Zatanna as the mole? I don't get it. How can that work?
    Spoiler
    Show
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    don't feed the troll...

9. - Top - End - #309
    Banned

No new episode tonight.

But we got to see Icicle Jr. again. Icicle Jr.= the Sokka of Young Justice (and you know, evil)

10. - Top - End - #310
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

No new episode until January.

11. - Top - End - #311
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Sportsmaster knows that Artemis is his daughter, so he may simply have assumed that she is a mole, despite the fact that she actually isn't. It would be an interesting twist if Sportsmaster tried to make her change sides and she flipped him off.
    That works,
    Spoiler
    Show
    if she was bugged by Sportsmaster then she would be the Mole without her knowing it. Granted, I'd assume that Batman would be have detected any bugs.

12. - Top - End - #312
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KingofMadCows View Post
    No new episode until January.
    Just like Adventure Time.

Now what am I supposed to watch?

13. - Top - End - #313
    Troll in the Playground

And Clone Wars, too.

I guess Cartoon Network thinks nobody watches TV during the Christmas season.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

14. - Top - End - #314
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    And Clone Wars, too.

Well, SOME people are too busy watching Rudolph reruns to watch Batman being Batman.
    Spoiler
    Show
    don't feed the troll...

15. - Top - End - #315
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    Some of us only watch CN when we're at university. And the semester kinda just ended. I for one am glad that they're taking at least a short break from new episodes.

16. - Top - End - #316
    Troll in the Playground

Fair enough. Having been homeschooled, the only way I keep track of the school year is when to worry about my friends being overstressed.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

17. - Top - End - #317
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Lest try this again...

How do we know Cadmus hadn't already duplicated any of the three original members of YJ when they had the chance and that sequence where Connor broke free wasn't set up to make it look as anything other than what we saw?

They wouldn't even know any more than Connor and he might be the decoy the bad guys used to hide the real mole(s).

The only thing against this is the fact they haven't activated them but if so there's nothing to stop them being killed and later revealed as clones... and even then how would the justice league or even the surviving members of young justice know that they're not more clones either?

The only threat to the bad guys is Batman and the Helmet of Nabu, if Zatarra hasn't already arranged for a suitable host for said artefact there should be no reason this would remain in the hands of Young Justice thats something else that should be explained.

Batman however is the real threat since I don't see him letting Artemis on the team unless he's planned accordingly so she might turn sides if she realises she's being used by the JLA.

Megan is quite probably a white martian and I don't know if the bad guys have their own martian member so if she's the plant it would have to be very subtle and given her telepathic abilities outmatch John then its certainly a possibility or the advent of an invasion from Mars by her people which has happened in the comics... just saying!

Oh and Merry Christmas everyone!

Lets see what lurks beyond the new year!

18. - Top - End - #318
    Troll in the Playground

Alright, a more serious consideration.

Early on in the series, the Light seemed to be caught off-guard when Young Justice arrived on the scene. As far in as Dropzone (ep. 4), the Light does not appear to have anyone on the team, as they believe that Young Justice is deliberately interfering with their plans and are concerned about how to attack them. By the end of episode 6, however, the Light are confident that they have an agent on the team.

This only really leaves a few options, sadly.

Option #1 - Artemis, as the only person to join the cast between Episodes 4 and 6, is the mole.

Option #2 - Batman knows about the Light, and is using Artemis to gain information about them, then sending Young Justice after them. She is a triple-agent.

Option #3 - Artemis isn't a mole, but the Light thinks she is for some reason.

Option #4 - The Light figured out how to reactivate Superboy, something that they could not originally do.

Option #5 - One of the other characters has been replaced for the majority of the season, which seems unlikely.

Option #6 - The plant is actually Cheshire's mask, which has extensive spying gear built into it. If Option #6 turns out to be the case, incidentally, I will never stop laughing.

*EDIT* Oh, and to answer your question:

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless View Post
    How do we know Cadmus hadn't already duplicated any of the three original members of YJ when they had the chance and that sequence where Connor broke free wasn't set up to make it look as anything other than what we saw?
    Without knowing how cloning works, we have no way of knowing that for sure. However, using Superboy as an example, it takes weeks of conditioning and telepathic interference to manage even basic instilled obedience. Clones aren't obedient to the Light by default, and no one said "Oh and you guys were gone for months" when the sidekicks came back.
    Last edited by Friv; 2011-12-19 at 02:22 PM.
    If you like my thoughts, you'll love my writing. Visit me at www.mishahandman.com.

19. - Top - End - #319
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Alright, a more serious consideration.
    Without knowing how cloning works, we have no way of knowing that for sure. However, using Superboy as an example, it takes weeks of conditioning and telepathic interference to manage even basic instilled obedience. Clones aren't obedient to the Light by default, and no one said "Oh and you guys were gone for months" when the sidekicks came back.
    Yes but i figured it was worth considering since it would allow for team members to be killed off but returned later even in another season.

As for Artemis I haven't been reading the comic adaptation but it would feel strange if she was considered their mole and Sportsmaster wouldn't be calling that to their attention if he had any sense so I figure bats is using her as a possible mole in the Lights organisation but for that to work would require considerably better reasons than have been shown so far on the series.

I agree with your point on the cloning process but unless Sportsmaster is deliberately playing the team against each other which IS a possiblity since he strikes me as that manipulative there are fewer options on who or what is spying on them.

Now if that mask has remote drones to move out and spread throughout the base then that would be a great idea, however there's no way Kid Flash could have added that to his trophy cabinet without Red Tornado or even Aqua Lad checking up on it.

Still I'm assuming they're not that dumb but as not everyone is Batman only time will tell!
    Last edited by Hopeless; 2011-12-19 at 03:33 PM.

20. - Top - End - #320
    Troll in the Playground

I don't know, they added a mysterious alien artifact to their secret lair without checking up on it.

Actually, I was theorizing for a while that the spherebike was the mole, but it sadly doesn't quite fit the timeline.

21. - Top - End - #321

According to Greg, they did check the robotic eye recovered in "Welcome to Happy Harbor", so its probable they did the same with the mask.

They probably did the same with the Sphere, but I suspect New Genesis technology is less than easily examinable. I doubt Sphere's torturers during Bereft knew it could transform into a bike either.

22. - Top - End - #322
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
    So the more I think about it, the more I think that Superboy is the traitor. Not only does it make sense, but it would be a great character arc for him.
    He's enough of a jerk as it is. Also, it'd be better for it to be someone we least expect.

23. - Top - End - #323
    Colossus in the Playground

There's an obvious explanation for everything - Batman hasn't discovered the mole with his Batman powers because Batman is the mole.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

24. - Top - End - #324
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    There's an obvious explanation for everything - Batman hasn't discovered the mole with his Batman powers because Batman is the mole.
    But he's Batman. He's got an app a thing on his utility belt for that.

25. - Top - End - #325
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Actually, I think it's Friv's Option #2. Whoever the mole is, it's really a triple agent working for Batman.

26. - Top - End - #326
    Ogre in the Playground

Anyone know when the new episodes start airing? Or have they already?

27. - Top - End - #327

Hey! You managed to get this thread back up before six weeks passed. Congratulations.

There are some rumors going around the webs that YJ will kick back up on Feb 3rd, but nothing confirmed by CN.

Worst comes to worst, YJ will resume when the DC Nation block premieres sometime in the spring. When exactly DC Nation will be premiering is anyone's guess.

Its a pity CN is being so uncommunicative about their dates, likely because they switch them around so much. It makes Disney XD, with a definite date for their Marvel Universe block, so much more palatable.

28. - Top - End - #328
    Ogre in the Playground

Thanks kpenguin for the update. Too bad there's such uncertainty about the show's return date.

29. - Top - End - #329
    Troll in the Playground

I'm kinda glad. I thought I missed an episode again. I hate missing episodes.
    Spoiler
    Show
    don't feed the troll...

30. - Top - End - #330
    Ogre in the Playground

So apparently the show returns on March 3rd, with the new episode "Misplaced":

Quote Originally Posted by The Worlds Finest
    Young Justice
    Saturday, March 3rd, 2012 at 10:30am (ET, PT) - "#19 Misplaced"
    When every adult on the planet disappears, only the team, Zatanna, and Billy Batson are left to defeat the five most powerful sorcerers on Earth.