New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Giant in the Playground Administrator

Default 2014 OOTS Holiday Ornaments and New T-Shirts at CafePress

As with every year, there are new holiday ornaments and associated t-shirts for sale at the CafePress store, which you can find at that link I just put into this sentence.

Here are some close-ups of the new designs:

Any questions or comments, leave them here. Thanks!
    Rich Burlew

Now Available: 2023 OOTS Holiday Ornament plus a big pile of new t-shirt designs (that you can also get on mugs and stuff)!

~~You can also support The Order of the Stick and the GITP forum at Patreon.~~

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Default Re: 2014 OOTS Holiday Ornaments and New T-Shirts at CafePress

Wow. Some of these are the best I've seen since Fantasy Fantasy, which is/was my all time favorite.

Gonna have to put some of these on the ol' Xmas list, I think.
    Last edited by Porthos; 2014-11-29 at 01:42 AM.
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

If only Prismatic Ray truly worked against trolls of the cybernetic variety*, my life would be a lot more satisfying.

*Troll Kings would be exempt, obviously.
    Last edited by Rinion; 2014-11-29 at 04:17 AM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Wow, there are some very good ones here. Not surprised that the Julio one was made into a T-shirt. I may have to get one of these.

Peelee’s Lotsey

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

That gnome one is perhaps the most hilarious thing I have ever seen, although Rich has made a lot of contenders.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

6. - Top - End - #6

Hey, if there's anyone who's successfully made a purchase of one of the new items, can you do me a favor and just post here saying so? I just need one person to confirm that they're properly configured so that people can actually buy them; CafePress' backend system is doing some weird stuff that's making it unclear what's going on. Thanks.
    Rich Burlew

Now Available: 2023 OOTS Holiday Ornament plus a big pile of new t-shirt designs (that you can also get on mugs and stuff)!

7. - Top - End - #7
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Hey, if there's anyone who's successfully made a purchase of one of the new items, can you do me a favor and just post here saying so? I just need one person to confirm that they're properly configured so that people can actually buy them; CafePress' backend system is doing some weird stuff that's making it unclear what's going on. Thanks.
    I placed an order this morning and received a confirmation e-mail of the purchase at 8:28am Eastern Time. Proof of actual delivery of goods still pending.

8. - Top - End - #8

OK, thanks. That proves it's something wrong with their reporting system on my end, since I don't see any new orders registering. But that's my problem, not anyone else's; I have no doubt that if you were able to place your order, you'll get your stuff.
    Rich Burlew

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

So based on the ornament Haley now knows which of Cold Iron and Silver to use on Sabine does she :p?

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Carl View Post
    So based on the ornament Haley now knows which of Cold Iron and Silver to use on Sabine does she :p?
    Um, the fact that Sabine's a demon has been established for a long time. And if Elan knows, Haley certainly does.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Also, as a rule of thumb, if you find yourself defending your inalienable right to make someone else feel like garbage, you're on the wrong side of the argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by oppyu View Post
    There is nothing more emblematic of this forum than three or four pages of debate between people who, as it turns out, pretty much agree with each other.

Check this game out! Or at least give it a thumbs up.
    Why "because the plot said so" is not a good answer.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

I may have to get the ravenous gnomes one. Might be strictly necessary for my survival.
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

I just put "Dos Equis Ojos" into an online translator and had a bit of a LOL...

13. - Top - End - #13
    Bugbear in the Playground

Dat autocorrect. XD
    It doesn't matter what you CAN do--it matters what you WILL do.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I just put "Dos Equis Ojos" into an online translator and had a bit of a LOL..
    Yeah, for anyone who's having issues tracking it down, it translates as "two kitten eye's"

15. - Top - End - #15

It's "Double X Eyes." The original beer is "Dos Equis" or in English, "Double X" beer. I just added the "Eyes" to spoof it and tie into the way I draw dead people in the strip.
    Rich Burlew

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ettin in the Playground

Thanks for posting this, Giant! It's pretty hard to tell from the Ookoodook website just what some of the images are supposed to be.
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

So goggle translate fails again, lol.

18. - Top - End - #18

I ran it through Bing (the former Babelfish), and it came up Two X Eyes. So yeah, I think it's a Google issue, especially given that kitten would the diminutive of gato (gatito?).

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Carl View Post
    So goggle translate fails again, lol.
    It came out as Double X Eyes for me. I'm guessing that you and I typed something slightly different.
    Last edited by Emanick; 2014-12-01 at 09:35 PM.
    Number of Character Appearances VII - To Absent Friends

Currently playing a level 20 aasimar necromancer named Zebulun Salathiel and a level 9 goliath diviner named Lo-Kag.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Player: Bob twists the vault door super hard, that should open it.
    DM: Why would you think that?
    Player: Well, Bob thinks it. And since Bob has high Int and Wis, and a lot of points in Dungeoneering, he would probably know a thing or two about how to open vault doors.
    Ah yes, the Dungeon-Kruger effect.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Halfling in the Playground

BardGirl

I'm not sure if this is the best place to put this, since it's not directly related to the new products, but i was planning out Christmas presents and it occurred to me that there are the recurring plush dragons in the comic that could be made (and sold) in the real world. Anyway, just a possible product to explore.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by daemonvatis View Post
    I'm not sure if this is the best place to put this, since it's not directly related to the new products, but i was planning out Christmas presents and it occurred to me that there are the recurring plush dragons in the comic that could be made (and sold) in the real world. Anyway, just a possible product to explore.
    And an actual Banjo puppet.
    "If you move, I will crush you the way every word out of Elan's mouth crushes my spirit."
    "Yikes, no need to get THAT rough."

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Link View Post
    And an actual Banjo puppet.
    This. Why is this not yet a thing that can be bought? I'd have thought it'd be one of the best-selling items The Giant could possibly put up for sale.
    Number of Character Appearances VII - To Absent Friends

Currently playing a level 20 aasimar necromancer named Zebulun Salathiel and a level 9 goliath diviner named Lo-Kag.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Player: Bob twists the vault door super hard, that should open it.
    DM: Why would you think that?
    Player: Well, Bob thinks it. And since Bob has high Int and Wis, and a lot of points in Dungeoneering, he would probably know a thing or two about how to open vault doors.
    Ah yes, the Dungeon-Kruger effect.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Halfling in the Playground

BardGirl

Thumbs up Re: 2014 OOTS Holiday Ornaments and New T-Shirts at CafePress

Yeah, a banjo puppet would definately sell.

Also, how different from printing on a shirt is printing on an apron? Picture Elan "I'm participating!" or Belkar with something cooking related (and evil, cuz, y'know, Belkar), just an idea. =)

24. - Top - End - #24
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by breathandpaper View Post
    Also, how different from printing on a shirt is printing on an apron? Picture Elan "I'm participating!" or Belkar with something cooking related (and evil, cuz, y'know, Belkar), just an idea. =)
    http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0475.html "I have ranks in Profession (gourmet chef). Does this look like a fully-stocked professional kitchen to you??"

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0476.html "Looks like I am a sexy shoeless god of cooking too"

Plus, of course, the ever popular panel 11 of http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0890.html
    Last edited by Reboot; 2014-12-12 at 10:06 AM.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    Plus, of course, the ever popular panel 11 of http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0890.html
    That one is especially nice, although perhaps not so funny out of context.

Peelee’s Lotsey

26. - Top - End - #26
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateWench

Hmmmm....

Common error or super valuable misprint. :)
    Last edited by One Skunk Todd; 2014-12-12 at 08:30 PM.
    "That's not right, that's not even wrong."

"This is not an idea to be tossed aside lightly, it should be thrown with great force."

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Give it time, and it will be both!
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

28. - Top - End - #28
    Pixie in the Playground

*sob*

Forgot to order until now (my other half and I both thought the other had ordered), and the Thor ornament is out of stock :'(
    Help the dragons!

29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground

frown Re: 2014 OOTS Holiday Ornaments and New T-Shirts at CafePress

Quote Originally Posted by JMFD View Post
    *sob*

Forgot to order until now (my other half and I both thought the other had ordered), and the Thor ornament is out of stock :'(
    I just saw that as well. I wanted to order right now, in fact – as close as possible to Christmas so the delivery wouldn't cross with me being unavailable for a few days. Please, Giant, tell us they'll be back in a few days!? Or at least that the design will be available for a little while longer? It says "temporarily out of stock" =( I already wrote to the CafePress customer service what that means, but I have no idea when I will get an answer =(
    An incomplete set makes me very unhappy!

Edit: I just got off the phone with CafePress. (So what if it is about 3 in the morning where I live? This troubles me greatly!!) They simply ran out of round ornaments, which they have already received quite a few calls about today, and they're not exactly sure when the round ornaments will be back in stock, but most likely somewhat shortly after the holidays? They told me to check back in regularly. Unfortunately, there's no way to order the ornaments (and accept a longer wait for them) while they don't have the "hardware" in stock.
    Giant, I'm asking you to please leave the designs available until the round ornaments are back in stock and we have had the chance to order them again. I don't recall how long past Christmas one could order the other Holiday Ornaments, but as these are unforeseen circumstances, I appeal to your giant-sized heart to give us late-ordering folk the chance to order them as well! =/ Thank you very much in advance, and have great holidays!
    Last edited by honigmuffin; 2014-12-23 at 09:04 PM.

30. - Top - End - #30

Last year, I didn't remember to take down the ornaments until October. So as long as they don't discontinue them, you'll be able to order it.

That misprint is ridiculous, but you should be able to return it to them within 45 days (I think).
    Rich Burlew