New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Murphy's Law 6: Will we ever stop burning through threads so quickly?

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Book? i thought that happened in a movie i know i read it online somewhere.
    ......Watchmen was book long before it was a movie......

anyway not telling you or spelling it out, waiting for someone else to get the real joke.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

2. - Top - End - #332
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: Murphy's Law 6: Will we ever stop burning through threads so quickly?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post

anyway not telling you or spelling it out, waiting for someone else to get the real joke.
    Does it involve what he saw in the inkblot test, and the related backstory?
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Does it involve what he saw in the inkblot test, and the related backstory?
    yes, yes it does you have got the joke.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

4. - Top - End - #334
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post

And before that it was a Saturday morning cartoon! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDDHHrt6l4w Yes, this is a joke.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2011-03-01 at 01:10 AM.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Colossus in the Playground

Guys, can we please get back on topic here?

6. - Top - End - #336
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeIncluded View Post
    Running gag joke from the author. Just kidding. Though she does say this alot.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

7. - Top - End - #337
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubi View Post
    And before that it was a Saturday morning cartoon! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDDHHrt6l4w Yes, this is a joke.
    My brain just exploded

Back on topicness: Who here wants to bet that There is something going on between Lex and Mr scarface? Who wants to bet the mage chick they were working with has turned evil?

( no i do not know the proper names for any of Lloid's old comrads XD)
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #338
    Barbarian in the Playground

Question Re: Murphy's Law 6: Will we ever stop burning through threads so quickly?

I'm spoilering this because a)it's basically off topic even though it's related to the thread and b)I've been wanting to put this out here for some time now (I only just wrote it but the ideas have been in my head for quite a while now) and whilst I'm pretty sure I'm overthinking things here and I probably come across as some sort of batty internet stalker woman I kind of felt I had to get this rant off my chest...

Spoiler
    Show
    The full-blown, mildly creepy shebang. The contents of this spoiler will have spelling and grammatical errors in it due to length and it may cause anyone to read it to fear me forever more!
    You have been warned:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Seriously guys, I ain't kidding. I just sat down and typed what amounts to a full cracked.com length article on my "thoughts" about whether or not we'll ever stop burning through threads so quickly.
    Still game? Open up the spoiler then and see if you still want to attempt to read what I think or will settle for the tldr; version....
    Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeIncluded View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    Running gag joke from the author. Just kidding. Though she does say this alot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gicko View Post
    Back on topicness: Who here wants to bet that There is something going on between Lex and Mr scarface? Who wants to bet the mage chick they were working with has turned evil?

( no i do not know the proper names for any of Lloid's old comrads XD)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raging Gene Ray View Post
    Why would she turn evil? She's probably just chug chug chuggin' along and movin' on down the line with the same old orders from General Murphy.
    [/QUOTES]

...Yeah.
    Coffee and Silverraptor have kind of hit the nail on the head here. Off-topic banter is a serious problem that *every* *single* *Murphy's Law* *thread* has had - to the extent that poor old Coffee (who is younger than I am, I refuse to indicate whether the gap is an infentisemal difference or a vast gulf, suspect what you will fellow forumites!) has alluded to this in the thread title.
    I'm subscribed by email to every thread I comment as whilst my posts tend to be gargantuan these girt dirty big deposits of words are fairly widely spaced out across the forums and time itself. I'm posting again now because I got an email that told me that Raging Gene Ray had just posted and reported the exact words of his post, quote included.

I followed the link with a degree of excitement because after reading the email and giving a few moments' pause for consideration of its content I came to the conclusion that Coffee had done one of her bonus mid week updates, possibly out of a crippling sensation of guilt because she didn't manage to treat us to an update every single day of her brief break from school because she selfishly chose to fritter the time away on some 'assignment and homework' gig that some non-important employees at her school had tried to fob her off with. Well, that and the whole tending to abandoned fwuffy ickle animals. What were you thinking Coffee?
    What were you thinking? [shakes head in disapproval]
    ... In case I'm not being entirely clear guys, feel free to try a detect sarcasm on the paragraph above.
    When the thread's first page loaded I thought I must have been away for longer than I realised just from the look of that first page, but I hadn't thought to check the most recent update in the first post. In my excitement I went straight on to the thread's final page and tapped the 'End' button on my keyboard then proceded to scroll upwards, reading as I went. My certainty that there had been an update grew as I skimmed and scrolled: Gicko, whose avatar's hair had grown back again, had mentioned Lexington, Miles and Alexis, who we left a few stips ago to return to Lloyd and co. in the present day - the setting had jumped again and the bonus update was obviously set in Kago! I started imagining what this update could be and concluded since Gicko mentioned the three apprentices but didn't seem to know how they were getting along the update must have been about Rust and/or Perry and/or Murphy. Perhaps the jump was because the character that caused Janine to have reservations about bringing Cyrus and Lucille to the church for sanctuary was now living and working in some way in Kago and the bonus strip introduced this heinous influence to us in person, interacting with an established Kago character in an unsettling way? Yep, the update was going to be a good 'un, and no mistake - whether I'd correctly predicted its content or not - and that would stop us all idly chit chatting about Watchmen! I knew more time had passed me by than I'd thought it had between checking the thread because a) we'd moved onto another page now and b)Keveak, HalfTangible, Blackjack and, I suspected but couldn't be sure, Kyubi all had shiney new avatars that were different to the ones they had when I'd left off rabidly checking the thread due to the Watchmen off-topic discussion, which was of no interest to me because Watchmen, unlike Harry Potter, isn't a franchise I know much about.

Then I finished scrolling upwards and got confused.
    I was back at the Watchman discussion.
    So I messed around with the scroller again.
    Yep, Coffee had chimed in to ask us if we could maybe not have discussions about Watchmen on the thread she started so that she could publish her webcomic on GitP and see what people thought about it. (I don't really get why you did that Coff.)
    A little more scrolling.
    Oddly enough, the request for us to get back on topic hadn't been followed by three or four genuinely heartfelt apologies for straying offtopic again and another post from Coffee saying "Right. Thanks for your apologies everyone, I know you're not doing it on purpose. Maybe the update (or new information about Aequar or teaser for one of Murphy's Law's pre-planned prequels or sequels) that I'm working on right now will get everyone back on topic! ". And the posts following that post from numerous people (which would usually include me) that all amounted to different ways of expressing: "Huzzah! Thank you Coffee " weren't showing up either.
    And neither was that inevitable post from Coffee with the bonus update/world lore/creature stat/future character portrait/cryptic clue that everyone was getting excited about. Not even when I scrolled through the whole page veeerrry slowly, cautiously scanning every post. That was weird I had been on a day-trip (which I enjoyed. I'm not going to be homeless in six months time like I was starting to think I would be) and Coffee genuinely hadn't found time in her day to leave a Murphy's Law laden post on my behalf while I was gone. There was just the Watchmen discussion I'd eschewed before setting off on my little road trip and then the posts I quoted above terminating in Raging Gene Ray's comment that had popped into my inbox the following night.

Then I thought about it for a little while and it slowly dawned on me that I'd assumed, indeed firmly convinced myself, Coffee had updated for no reason at all beyond recent historic precedent and a bit of wishful thinking.

Oops.

It's given me pause for thought though. (Does it show?) Is the whole "off-topic issue" simply because we enjoy Murphy's Law so much that we've formed a pretty strong mini-comunity while we've bonded over it to the extent that we want to talk to each other about completely unrelated subjects as we want to hear one another's views and like to "argue" amongst ourselves due to bonding over Coffee's project? Or is there a more sinister underside to it all: we are a not teeny tiny group of people who have been borderline emotionally blackmailing a student we have never met into providing us with entertainment for nothing in return but the occaisonal bit of genuinely thought provoking commentary or quite lovely piece of fan art - without ever realising we may actually be doing something somewhat damaging?
    ...Am I being way to dramatic in saying that or is there a grain of truth to it? If anybody's clicked the spoiler maybe we should investigate starting another (short lived) thread somewhere on the boards to discuss this "problem" which the mods can summarily lock if they object to and we can explain CI herself didn't suggest we make?

Seeing as this is thread six, Raging Gene Ray's post was number 338 and of these 338 posts this sixth thread has had 5 of them were comic updates. That's not a criticism of CoffeeIncluded's update schedule, it's an observation about the nature of these six threads. I'm wondering if it's not time a Murphy's Law Banter thread was launched along a similar vein to the discussion/plotting thread for Avatar Battle Royale. Murphy's Law isn't ABR, and I don't think it's quite reached that level of forum activity yet, but it's had 100 comics over six threads - a cursory glance at the sticky thread on starting a thread in the Fancomics Forum suggests to me that the original idea behind the Fancomics forum was that almost every thread within this subforum would be formatted so that 90% of the thread's post count would be the OP saying "I updated TitleofMyFancomic, hope you like it playground!" and a link to or embedded image of the update itself, with a running commentary on the update from the author below the update itself. The other ten percent would be comments from readers and would probably average out at three or four comments per update - if that (my percentagey maths to comment rate ratio sounds a little dodgey, doesn't it? Math is my dump stat. I'm sorry. I am ashamed of this fact, so don't feel you need to chastise me about it.) Murphy's Law is an example of a perfectly acceptable (usually!) and very successful fancomic thread (or rather, series of thread) that strays very far away from that original concept format.

The Summation:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tldr; Coffee seems to worry a lot that we all go off topic too much (I'm doing it right now - I just did it for about a short essay's word count and I'm still chug chugging along with it) I'm beginning to fret that it's actually something that she might be devoting more of her time than she needs to worrying about: Coffee always seems very keen on obeying forum protecol and getting a warning from the mods about straying from the thread's topic. I doubt that that's a tendency towards "Vigelnate modding" on Coffee's part. I'm concerned that somewhere in the back of her mind there's a rather real fear that the project that's such a huge outlet for her and that she knows so many people she's grown to like over a distance adore will be locked down like the fanservice threads she and a lot of the rest of us used to participate in (not me - I signed up briefly after the mass lock-down, I'm just quite aware of it because I skimmed through some of the crackpairing threads when I was reading Murphy's Law in parallel to checking for OotS updates and seeing what other people had to say about the comic before I actually signed up about when Tarquin appeared in OotS and then eventually stopped being a "ghost in the playground" some months afterwards. I'm a lurker. It's why I knew who Serrin's half goblin friend was when she appeared in the comic...well, that and I read TVtropes pages for series/franchises I follow.) If this is something that is a consistent and significant concern for CoffeeIncluded (Coffee: I feel like I'm having an unwanted "intervention" about you behind-your-back-in-front-of-your-face here, sorry about that ) then it's something that I really don't want on my conscience even though I know I probably will never ever meet Miss Caroline Kramer in the offline world. I realise this is "only an internet forum" and nobody here is anybody else's responsibility, but through this comic and these threads I have started to feel like I "know" Coffee and a lot of the other regular posters and I do feel somewhat responsible for how the things I say and do in cyberspace effect living and breathing offline individuals in their day to day lives. The internet's a weird thing to my mind.

...OK. I will edit this post tomorrow to add my thoughts on RGR's and Gicko's legitimately on topic comments that precede this post, but right now I'm tired and need to go to sleep. I actually created a .txt file to write up the spoilered content above in case my computer crashed before I could hit "Submit Reply". I think the fact that I'm not feeling too well right now is the reason I bit the bullet and wrote this post, a bit like posting whilst drunk I have a feeling I'll regret posting this in the morning! (I apologise again for being so off-topic guys. I am such a hypocrite sometimes.) Will edit out this paragraph tomorrow morning.
    Current avatar by Zefir
    Thanks to Teutonic Knight, Kasanip, Oblivion, Dogmantra, Elder Tsofu, araveugnitsuga and Alarra

9. - Top - End - #339

Thank you, Eleanor. Seriously. I can only do a brief response, since I have a math test to study for tomorrow.

I don't think that you guys are emotionally blackmailing me. In fact, I understand the banter; I go off on tangents all the time. The thing is that I'd like to stay a little on topic, because Eleanor's right. I'm very keen on obeying forum protocol because I don't exactly want this comic locked or for anybody to get in trouble. I don't think you'll go that far, but...You know.

But don't worry; I'm not devoting too much time to this. Remember, I'm a high school senior who's already been accepted into college. I've been able to maintain an A average, with four AP classes, throughout this comic. I've accelerated the updates simply because I actually do have more time on my hands, and I adore this series and the world I created, and I want to share it with you guys.

I know I'm rambling, so I'm going to cut it off for now. Let me just say thank you, and there WILL be an update tomorrow! I'm only going to be able to stick to the once-a-week updates until...About two weeks from now because two things are going to be eating up a lot of my spare time: Studying for a science competition, and Pokemon White.

10. - Top - End - #340
    Titan in the Playground

You also have a fic to keep updating.

Even if you don't like the ontopicness of this forum, this forum is a wonderful lovely place, and we'all are guests here. Let's be keeping to the Murphy's Law conversation, mmkaay?

RANDOM OFF THE WALL THEORY TO CREATE CONVERSATION

What would happen if (team member) was actually a shapeshifter?
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

11. - Top - End - #341

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post

Even if you don't like the ontopicness of this forum, this forum is a wonderful lovely place, and we'all are guests here. Let's be keeping to the Murphy's Law conversation, mmkaay?

Well Tinder is a shapeshifter, isn't he?
    Awesome Pony-Chul by slayerx!
    My computer is on the blink. Posting will be affected.
    The endless wisdom that is my extended signature lies here.
    I have Pokemon!

12. - Top - End - #342
    Titan in the Playground

Technically Tinder is a shapeshifter, considering that he is a dragon that parades in human-form.

Edit: Hey I am supposed to be the ninja.... darn it..even to the formatting
    Last edited by Dusk Eclipse; 2011-03-03 at 05:30 PM.
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

13. - Top - End - #343
    Titan in the Playground

Janine might actually be able to get with Lloyd?

14. - Top - End - #344
    Titan in the Playground

I meant shapeshifter like changeling. But I like Kyuubi's answer.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.

15. - Top - End - #345
    Titan in the Playground

I meant shapeshifter like changeling. But I like Kyuubi's answer.
    Radic's a shapeshifter, too.

And technically becoming much bigger is a change in shape, so Janine is a shapeshifter too.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

16. - Top - End - #346

It is possible for her to get with Lloyd assuming he is not strictly homosexual. Maybe if she changed a bit he would like her more.

At least how I see it, Lloyd might be like Lucas and Cadugan in Yet Another Fantasy Gamer Comic link for understanding The first four or so panels are the pertinent ones.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Simple info if you don't read that web comic:
    Lucas: Baron, and in a relationship with the half-elf Cadugan.
    The Ghost: Former Baron (and I can't remember his name) and his family is under a curse which does something along the lines of kills the person's wife (or something along those lines). And to not like carrots too.
    And Cadugan: Male Half-elf in a relationship with Lucas.
    Just my thoughts on that.

Radic: Could go male to avoid the advances of Matt.
    Matt: Not really sure, Maybe use it to escape law enforcement. I mean he did start out this comic clearly as a thief type.
    Janine: Like Kyuubi said, she might go male (once Team Gale knows about Lloyd's sexual orientation) to attract his attention. But then there is what I said above that might mean she could get his attention as a female.
    Tinder: I don't really know too much about how he thinks.
    Lloyd: He could enter a more "traditional" relationship with Lexi but, as they are already together, they probably don't care too much about that.
    Serrin: God (or Coffee) knows what goes on in her head to even guess how that might affect (or is it effect) how she acts.
    Last edited by Strife Warzeal; 2011-03-03 at 10:01 PM.
    My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: The Thread, The Game, The Tumblr.
    Human Crossings Avatar made by Thanqol

17. - Top - End - #347
    Titan in the Playground

We're getting off topic...
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

18. - Top - End - #348
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftmongoose View Post
    We're getting off topic...
    It's still about the characters in the comic it's on topic.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

19. - Top - End - #349
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Strife Warzeal View Post
    It is possible for her to get with Lloyd assuming he is not strictly homosexual. Maybe if she changed a bit he would like her more.
    She could get one of them false beards.

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

20. - Top - End - #350
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    Someone arty draw this. Other than Coffee, she's busy. xD

21. - Top - End - #351

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    I meant emotionally/mentally, though now that you mention it that sounds great.
    My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: The Thread, The Game, The Tumblr.
    Human Crossings Avatar made by Thanqol

22. - Top - End - #352

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk Eclipse View Post
    Technically Tinder is a shapeshifter, considering that he is a dragon that parades in human-form.

Edit: Hey I am supposed to be the ninja.... darn it..even to the formatting
    I would have ninja'd you too Dusk except a)I'm 100% too slow to ninja folk and b)no, that's about it. What I'm trying to say was that when I read Lix's theory that was what popped up first, along with Radic and Janine, but HalfTangible ninja'd me on them by about a day so....

Initially humourous suggestion.
    When you think about it a little more though that joke would basically mean a horrible abuse of Lloyd that I'm fairly confident that Janine would never actually stoop to no matter how desperate she is to be with him. If I'm wrong there then I've gravely overestimated her character. (From things Coffee said during the love potion arc I doubt I have)

At least how I see it, Lloyd might be like Lucas and Cadugan in Yet Another Fantasy Gamer Comic link for understanding The first four or so panels are the pertinent ones.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Simple info if you don't read that web comic:
    Lucas: Baron, and in a relationship with the half-elf Cadugan.
    The Ghost: Former Baron (and I can't remember his name) and his family is under a curse which does something along the lines of kills the person's wife (or something along those lines). And to not like carrots too.
    And Cadugan: Male Half-elf in a relationship with Lucas.
    Just my thoughts on that.
    You've summed up my feelings on Janine managing to date Lloyd pretty succinctly based on the strip itself. Coffee's commentary suggests to me that it's not something we're going to see though and Lexington's essentially going to be the only love interest Lloyd seriously considers over the strip's run, with the outside possibility that complications may arise with someother male character somewhere along the line. Basically though I suspect Janine's very much clinging to false hope with Lloyd and I'm not sure Lloyd-is-gay or otherwise Lloyd and Janine eventually hooking up would have ever really felt 'satisfying' to me due to the unhealthiness of Janine's attitude about it at the moment. I they were to hook up it would have to be written very carefully. This said I genuinely hope that before the comic's over Janine finds somebody to date who will genuinely love her for who she is and who she genuinely loves back. Generally I'm pretty anti "pair the spares" in fiction but Janine seems to desperately long for romantic company and validation to such an extent that she's an exception because I feel hooking up with someone properly at some point is what she needs to find hapiness, even if that relationship eventually broke down.
    On an off topic note (sorry guys):
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yay another YAFGC reader! I basically found OotS, and therefore Murphy's Law thanks to that April Fools comic YAFGC ran one year (which I a)didn't find particularly funny and b)don't think in retrospect captures the heart of OotS too well). Still reading it daily and would reccomend it to the folks here.

Radic: Could go male to avoid the advances of Matt.
    I don't want to sound like some kind of chauvinist who somehow missed the whole feminist movement here but... on some level I think Radic likes the way Matt overdoes his advances. I'm not saying she'd like that if any guy tried to behave like that towards her but I think Radic does actually "like like" Matt. She just happens to be very aware how not perfect he is at the same time.
    Matt: Not really sure, Maybe use it to escape law enforcement. I mean he did start out this comic clearly as a thief type.
    Now Matt I could see using shape changing for a Radic dating related reason. I'm not saying he'd do something awful like shift into the form of another person she's said she would like to schtup àla Uther of the Arthurian legends, I don't think there's a member of Team Gale that would exploit shape shifting in that way. Some of them may vaguely consider it, none of them would go all the way with it. But I can see Matt using shape-shifting-esque scrolls or potions to make himself look more "buff" or something to try to impress Radic. Nothing that would involve him tricking her into believing he was somebody else and having her way with her but something that he thought would make Radic view him as a more attractive person.
    Janine: Like Kyuubi said, she might go male (once Team Gale knows about Lloyd's sexual orientation) to attract his attention. But then there is what I said above that might mean she could get his attention as a female.
    I think the only way a "Janine turns male to get Lloyd to like her" story might work would be if she thought that was a good idea, did it and then came to the conclusion that she didn't want to be with Lloyd as another person, "chickened out" and then went back to persuing him in her true form. That scenario would play out roughly the same on Janine's side of things if she went into it with a shape shifted form that was very obviously still her and deliberately so, just a male her. I think.
    Tinder: I don't really know too much about how he thinks.
    I like pretend that I do but offhand the only way I can think of him exploiting an "any kind of shape shifting you want" situation would be to enable himself to adopt a more convincing human form so he could blend in with Team Gale related business. Tinder usually wanders around in a form that isn't his own with the active intent to decieve others and he's perfectly comfortable with that. Stands to reason he'd take up an offer to get a more convincing human form as long as a)the rest of Team Gale would still know he was Tinder b)the deal was a no-strings-attached thing and c)he still had the option to return to dragon form just as easily as he can at the moment.
    Lloyd: He could enter a more "traditional" relationship with Lexi but, as they are already together, they probably don't care too much about that.
    Yeah. The thought may or may not cross his mind for "experimentation" reasons but ultimately I think that Lloyd's pretty comfortable with his own sexuality and grew up in a fantasy setting that means that shapeshifting for a more "traditional" relationship with his partner would feel like a much odder thing to do as a result of societal pressure than it would if Lloyd originated from some real world settings. Kago is a horrible horrible place in a lot of ways, but one thing it has going for it is that on the surface of it is (from what little we've seen) it's genuinely accepting of the LGBTA community.
    Serrin: God (or Coffee) knows what goes on in her head to even guess how that might affect (or is it effect) how she acts.
    Agree. I can't come up with anything for Serrin.
    Whee, that was fun.
    And erm, re:my last post? (don't worry, spoilered content is much briefer than it was last time around)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Open apology time: I want it to be clear that I wouldn't ever accuse anyone here of consciously "emotionally blackmailing" Coffee. It's obvious even to an outsider that we all love this thread, especially Coffee. She's tough enough to put up with us.
    I'm quite strange and sometimes get a little too involved in my own theories. I basically made that post for my own benefit above anyone elses.
    I do still believe that my Murphy's Law Banter Thread suggestion was a valid one to keep in mind should the mods ever get fed up enough with us going "off topic" to want to talk to us about it though.
    Current avatar by Zefir
    Thanks to Teutonic Knight, Kasanip, Oblivion, Dogmantra, Elder Tsofu, araveugnitsuga and Alarra

23. - Top - End - #353
    Titan in the Playground

If Coffee knows, Silver knows.

Update today! In like, 5-7 hours.
    My Steam profile

24. - Top - End - #354
    Troll in the Playground

If Coffee knows, Silver knows.

Update today! In like, Whenever she gets to it, and I'll wait patiently.
    Fixed it for you.
    Witty sig here nosey, aren't ya?

25. - Top - End - #355
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eleanor_Rigby View Post
    Initially humourous suggestion.
    When you think about it a little more though that joke would basically mean a horrible abuse of Lloyd that I'm fairly confident that Janine would never actually stoop to no matter how desperate she is to be with him. If I'm wrong there then I've gravely overestimated her character. (From things Coffee said during the love potion arc I doubt I have)
    I think Kyuubi was thinking that Janine could turn male, rather than turn into Lexi or someone.

26. - Top - End - #356
    Titan in the Playground

I think Kyuubi was thinking that Janine could turn male, rather than turn into Lexi or someone.
    Exactly. Maybe she'd turn into the guy from the old spice commercial?

Anybody in the mood to make a spoof of that?

27. - Top - End - #357

Janine would not trick Lloyd. She's seducing him, but she's not going to pretend to be a guy or Lexi or anything.

Anywho! The moment we've all been waiting for!

#120: A Cleric By Any Other Name
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #358
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Hmmmmm. This presents quite a conundrum. His story sounds legit, but can she really allow herself to let some random Cleric take these two innocent children?
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

29. - Top - End - #359
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Hmmmmm. This presents quite a conundrum. His story sounds legit, but can she really allow herself to let some random Cleric take these two innocent children?
    The cleric's not evil.
    My Steam profile

30. - Top - End - #360
    Ogre in the Playground

The cleric's not evil.
    How do you know? Janine should get Lloyd out there, although even if he does detect not evil, that's no guarantee he's good for their welfare, at least it's a start.