New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 44

[Nexus Contractor's Union]

It's not embarrassing for a father to push his daughter in the stroller. And Sakura doesn't mind the break. She sticks close to Adir and looks around curiously. It's been a while since she's been in the city, and she's never been to this part.

2. - Top - End - #452
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Ivaz folds her arms across her impressive chest and leans against the wall.

Maybe not. But it does bring attention. And fun.

So, if you want some kind of plan, you're gonna have to contribute. Got any ideas?
    Alley Near DFI

The guy just shakes his head. The way this is going they won't need to work together. They just make it easier for the others to find them.

"Look we need to find out what the others can and rise our strength. Even if you like this chaos they will just beat you."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

3. - Top - End - #453
    Ogre in the Playground

Harnel is also here, of course, showing the way to the contractor's union, "These are the guys here I don't think their rates have changed since they built my keep, so it should all be fine," and he'll lead them in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    Presumably Adir, Sakura, Harnel, and their little baby Laela come strolling up to the Union's place of business.
    To clarify, Harnel took no part in Laela's conception
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

4. - Top - End - #454

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Alley Near DFI

The guy just shakes his head. The way this is going they won't need to work together. They just make it easier for the others to find them.

"Look we need to find out what the others can and rise our strength. Even if you like this chaos they will just beat you."
    Alley Near DFI

Ivaz grins a little and gestures with her arm. Well, oh fearless leader, lead the way.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

5. - Top - End - #455
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post

Harnel is also here, of course, showing the way to the contractor's union, "These are the guys here I don't think their rates have changed since they built my keep, so it should all be fine," and he'll lead them in.
    To clarify, Harnel took no part in Laela's conception
    Nexus Contractor's Union

The humble men of the NCU wouldn't dare to presume on how PC birthing works. For all they know every kid is delivered by storks from magical lesbian factories.

The inside of the building is much like the outside, vague and only barely described. There are some stereotypically manly lumberjacks in the lobby, talking about the ailing syrup harvest and the next log rolling competition.

The front desk, which seems to have a built in blueprint table, has an old fat foreman with a heart of gold and lungs like a furnace's bellows sitting behind it, puzzling over the schematics for the next... what is that? It looks like an upside down pyramid to the untrained eye.

He looks up at the incoming PCs, a look of near shock on his grizzled face.

"Er, can I help youse?" Even when he's trying to be subdued, his voice is naturally booming and loud. Must be a foreman thing.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

6. - Top - End - #456
    Halfling in the Playground

Nexus Contractor's Union

"Um, yeah. My friend here told me you guys built his house," Adir forks a thumb at Harnel, then tries to put an arm around Sakura. "We kinda need one fast."
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-04-24 at 05:19 PM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

7. - Top - End - #457
    Ogre in the Playground

Sakura grins and leans into Adir a bit. "Yeah, we already pretty much know what we want. It's a cabin out in the forest." She has all kinds of ideas in mind. Undoubtedly Adir knows most of them.

8. - Top - End - #458

GnomeWizardGuy

Alley Near DFI

Leader? For a second Jurassico doesn't like the sound of someone being his leader. Then the second passes because he realizes all of the benefits of not being the leader. Not the least of which being he wouldn't be the first to be targeted. Oh yes fearless leader, lead the way.
    Spoiler: Those That Came Before
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

9. - Top - End - #459
    Troll in the Playground

[Arkham Street Hospital]

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    A few minutes later the Huldra trots out through the doors. His steps are no longer those of one trembling with pain and hunger. And for some small amount of time he feels whole again. Human. As though he had regained what he had lost.

Though...

It will be painfully temporary.

It always is.

"Umm... thank you for showing me the way here,"
    Freddy comments to Vidalia once he joins her outside a few minutes later. "And... I think I might like to join that group you're in. Glog, right? Don't they help people like me? People who are trying to be good?"
    Vidalia stands up and dusts herself off. No problem. I'm sorry we reacted how we did. But Nurse Piper is really very precious to the Glog infirmary. If you're going back to Glog, I'd thank Lily for helping us see that we were wrong.

But yes, Glog tries to help those in need. We have a redemption program.
    Then she frowns, and looks as if she's paying attention to something else.

When she refocuses on Freddy, she looks a little upset. I have to go. You can find your way back, right?

She'll wait for an answer, then shift into an onion, and *PLOP* the onion explodes. A seeled letter floats down in front of Freddy. On the front it says:

To Marty.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

10. - Top - End - #460

[Arkham Street Hospital]

"I honestly meant no harm. I've never heard of anyone wanting ghosts to haunt their home before," the Huldra replies sheepishly. "Thanks for giving me another chan-"

And then the woman turns into an onion.

And then the onion explodes.

And leaves a letter behind.

Well. That's certainly 'bwuh?' worthy.

"Bwuh?!"
    goes the demon-fox, totally unable to make sense of what just happened.

See?

Told you so.

The end of one of his flame-like tails takes on a rather clawish appearance as he picks up the letter, turns it over a few times, and then stuffs it through a knothole in his back as if he were a giant ceramic pork-hollow.

Truth be told that probably isn't any less strange than exploding onion people. But familiarity makes all the difference in the world.

After a bit of consideration the Huldra decides to head back into the hospital. He might be pressing his luck a bit with the four-tails... but this is too good of an opportunity to pass up!
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

11. - Top - End - #461
    Troll in the Playground

[Arkham Street Hospital]

Well, there's always the strong ghost sensed down below. But really, should Freddy be going after such a presence alone?

12. - Top - End - #462

[Arkham Street Hospital]

What?

No!

That would be totally stupid. Freddy knows full well that he isn't powerful enough to take something on that smells that strong. It's probably a Wraith or something. And it would probably trounce the hell out of him. And if there's anything Freddy would like to avoid it's vengeful undead apparitions trouncing the hell out of him.

He would need, like, two or three more tails at least to take that thing on! Maybe even more.

No, he's just going to poke around for lesser phantoms and devour them.

The Huldra begins pacing the halls of the hospital, staying well away from any stairwells descending into the darkness. The stench of power and murder and hate is coming from down below and he would rather like to avoid it.

Four wisps of fox fire dance along with him, casting everything in a ghostly blue light.

13. - Top - End - #463
    Ogre in the Playground

[PokeCenter]

The Rocket Grunt is stalled by the pointy bird!

Then clobbered from behind by the elephant!

And then Glamdring claws his way out of the sack!

...what?

You didn't seriously expect that thing to hold him did you?

Ha!

As if!

The Rocket Grunt staggers to his feet, glaring at those gathered around. "Time to beat a hasty retreat. You haven't seen the last of Team Rocket!"

And with that he pulls of Koffing out of his pockets and hurls it into the ground!

"KOOOOOOOOO!" goes the Pokemon as a thick cloud of nasty smelling smoke fills the room!

[PokeCenter]

Luckily, Skarmory is immune to the poison! Steel types ftw!
    It shrieks, and attempts to smack the Koffing with a Steel Wing, to make it faint!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

14. - Top - End - #464

[PokeCenter]

Thwack!

Down goes the nasty stinky smokey Pokemon!

With that thing down its smoke screen quickly fades, giving Glamdring a nice target for a Twister! With a rather fearsome roar he lets loose a spiraling cyclone of dragonic power that picks up the poor Rocket Grunt and sends him crashing through the window!

For whatever reason his arc ends up being upward rather than downward and he goes tumbling off into the sky!

"Team Rocket is blasting off agaaaaaaaaain...."

*twinkle!*

Well.

That made no sense at all.

15. - Top - End - #465
    Pixie in the Playground

((Apologies about the delay between this post and the last. This was surprisingly difficult to type up, for some reason or other.))

[In Heated Pursuit of Lintha Across One of Inside's Busiest Thoroughfares]

Exterminate them. Crush them all in the palm of your hand until your knuckles turn an over-indulgent shade of ash white. Every single one. Smite the deplorable defilers of the sanctity of your most sacred temple, yourself. Take their blood into yourself and swell your power ten times over!

"No!"

Lintha deliriously shouts, drawing the crowd's ire for but a moment as a gaggle of passersby pause to brazenly gawk at the madwoman before continuing to amble along down the paths they have chosen, branching off in a slew of contradictory directions not long after, blending seamlessly into the churning torrent of faces.

Lintha reaches up, clutching her her head betwixt her hands feebly, shambling forward without any special goal in mind. She has to flee. She must escape before the seal is breached!

And then Javert overtakes her. Helpful, loyal Javert. A godsend if there ever was one! He'll assist her in limping out of her predicament, and thank the gods that he recovered in such a convenient time period.

Release me!

Javert couldn't have chosen to show his face at a more opportune time.

A stain begins to blot out the pure white of her shirt. A crimson red tinted discoloration spreads along her skin at an alarming rate.

"This place. Leave."

She can't spare further mental power explaining to Javert why this absolutely must be done. Hopefully he'll do as he is bid without complaint...or delay, for there could be extreme penalties if Lintha is disobeyed.

-------
    [Clarissa's Showdown]

Yank! Yoinks! Augh! And all that jazz!

Dexterity Dave succeeds in critically impairing the monster who was chain-whipped by him! Down he goes, like a stubborn felled tree, toppling to the ground, his heavy armor dragging him closer and closer to the ground before he smashes against it with a resounding thud and acute clash.

He's temporarily immobilized. Mustn't have been expecting for Dave to get so bold and adaptive in his countering techniques.

The tumbling innocent man flying out of a window hits the ground hard as Dave neglects to intervene in any sort of daring attempt to rescue him! He shall now be referred to as flat man. Unless Dave intervenes just in the nick of time to slow his descent.

Luckily, his condition is much less severe than his name would suggest. He is chalk full of broken bones, but he is still somehow breathing.

The warrior Dave chucked his shurikans at doesn't even flinch as they ding against his armor. He's more than slightly preoccupied causing colossal amounts of collateral damage to the squalid structures lining the streets.

Clarissa, on the other hand, is quite miffed at Dave. Dave said some things which hurt her deep like nothing else could. Although she does a flawless job of covering up her emotions with dispassionate brutality, she's far beyond the point of tears by now. And she's burned the bridge leading back over the bottomless precipice.

She glares at Dave with a look that would freeze a lesser man in his tracks, were her eyes not so mournful. She's clearly irked with him for following her to this field of valor uninvited and entirely unwanted. Outwardly, she's scolding him for his inadmissible behavior. Inwardly, his poorly chosen words are searing through every fiber of her mind, charring her love of Dave and ushering in a period of numbness which will soon decay to a flurry of spirit-mauling affliction.

"Do you want to talk with me or do you want to"

Clarissa flexes her fingers in the universal symbol for air quotes.

"'talk' at me. Well, I think you should have no trouble spitting out your words in between spitting out your teeth, Mister Better-Than-Thou-Art."

"Let me guess, you are shockingly upset that I forcefully dumped you off of me to get far, far away from you. Is that it? Or maybe you are about to preach to me and chide me for, y'know, splitting a dude open in order to rid myself of you. Either way, I don't care. It is well within my rights to exact payment from your whole species for how they have made me suffer and bleed and worse over the span of several lifetimes. It is perfectly acceptable for me to spill their blood in exchange for all of the horrors they have subjected me to. You don't know my story, so you couldn't understand. Know that I wasn't exaggerating when I said that you were the first person to ever treat me with common decency in all of my combined lifetimes...or so you misled me to believe."

"I comprehend everything that you meant with those words you spoke. I'm not as dimwitted as you'd accredit to me! You really had me going there, but now I realize that the only reason you ever wanted to keep me around was because you wanted this. You wanted my body. You don't love me. You lust for me. And if you think otherwise, then I doubt you can differentiate between love and lust at your current level of maturity."

Feel the disdain, Dave!

[Inside Warehouse Raid]

In the notebook is nothing more noteworthy than a simple image. A detailed image worth more than a thousand words to the perceptive scholar, no less. It appears to be a chart of some sort. A map, for lack of fancier words. It appears to be a map of a subsection of the Red Zone whose residents have devoted their lives to the service of a peculiar goddess of vengeance. Perhaps she is planning some sort of campaign against this divinity or something? Now is not the time reserved for speculation yet. Now is the time for action! That is what the bright blue explosions ripping through a detached shack on the property belonging to the factory would suggest, anyway!

The factory is extremely boring and all too normal on the outside, so I won't go into much depth on it.

Too bad about the damage done to the vehicle, though. It looked really cool before Percilia made the mistake of putting a new driver behind the wheel.

-------
    [Theater Plot]

The front of the theater isn't precisely well-lit, so Fade should be able to slip right on in through the main doorway without encountering many considerable problems or obstacles. Likewise for Jane's situation. I think that strolling on in through the front doors like regular play-goers might be an all-around more effective, though, as it would make them appear less suspicious and their cover wouldn't have any sort of chance at being blown, presumably, even without disguises as they aren't at all expected to show up guns blazing for the opening of the play. A quick preview of the plot is ongoing, presented by a short human male wearing a jester's outfit indicating that approximately one round of posting remains before the first act actually opens and everything goes to heck.

Get into position, folks! This is going to be an intensely rickety rollercoaster once the shooting starts up!

16. - Top - End - #466
    Ogre in the Playground

Streets of Inside, What A Wonderful Day for A Stroll...

Javert growls. I can't leave you. Oh gods...you're hurt! He walks to her and tries to wrap his arms around her.We need to take you to a hospital! Please, listen to me! I will protect you, I can't leave you here where that worm could finish you off...or me. We have to stay together! I'm coming with you wherever you're going if you won't come to a hospital. There must be one nearby! Javert is freaking out. This was not supposed to happen! She's hurt because of an enemy of his...Maybe. He couldn't let that happen. If she died his plan would go to ruins! That and the demonic drow does have a spot for her in his heart, however small a spot that may be among his other, less fanciful things that lie inhis black heart.

17. - Top - End - #467
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kris View Post
    [PokeCenter]

Luckily, Skarmory is immune to the poison! Steel types ftw!
    It shrieks, and attempts to smack the Koffing with a Steel Wing, to make it faint!
    [PokeCenter]

Thwack!

Down goes the nasty stinky smokey Pokemon!

With that thing down its smoke screen quickly fades, giving Glamdring a nice target for a Twister! With a rather fearsome roar he lets loose a spiraling cyclone of dragonic power that picks up the poor Rocket Grunt and sends him crashing through the window!

For whatever reason his arc ends up being upward rather than downward and he goes tumbling off into the sky!

"Team Rocket is blasting off agaaaaaaaaain...."

*twinkle!*

Well.

That made no sense at all.
    [PokeCenter]

"Good job, guys." Becca praises her pokemon. They sure showed that grunt not to mess with them. "Thanks for your help. That jerk might have gotten away without you." She says to Caela with a grin.

18. - Top - End - #468

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Alley Near DFI

Ivaz grins a little and gestures with her arm. Well, oh fearless leader, lead the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hipho View Post
    Alley Near DFI

Leader? For a second Jurassico doesn't like the sound of someone being his leader. Then the second passes because he realizes all of the benefits of not being the leader. Not the least of which being he wouldn't be the first to be targeted. Oh yes fearless leader, lead the way.
    Alley Near DFI

The guy sights, it's never a good idea to be the leader of such people. He don't even knows them.

"So first we need to find a hideout. Something everyone can enter.Any ideas?"
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

19. - Top - End - #469

GnomeWizardGuy

Alley Near DFI

Jurassico scratches his head, pondering for a short while. Then his eyes light up and he takes off his hat I volunteer the enlargeable area that is the inside of my hat....though we would need a suitable place to hide it when it's not on my head......
    Spoiler: Those That Came Before
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

20. - Top - End - #470

Alley Near DFI

Ivaz shakes her head at Jurassico. Nope. Somebody else gets a hold of your hat and we're screwed. Also, any one of us being in control of the place is stupid.

There are plenty of abandoned buildings in this city we could use. Or we could try finding a location outside of the city. I'm not picky. I just need a good shadow to get in and out of.

Theater Plot

Unless Shrike objects, Demon Queen will try the direct approach of simply walking in the front door. There doesn't seem to ne any guards or anything, so why not?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

21. - Top - End - #471
    Ogre in the Playground

Ghostly Irene arrives her, possibly with a flock of followers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

22. - Top - End - #472

[Arkham Hospital]

Dark.

Dank.

Sounds of distant dripping. The dull hum of flickering lights. Scent of blood. Of death. Of decay. Chains dragging in the distance. Rasping moans. A feeling of nebulous dread and fear.

Gee, what a pleasant place!

Fredrick the reluctant Huldra stalks these defiled halls, hunting for the echoes of the dead. Wisps of ghostly blue fox fire dance around him, darting out to bind yet another apparition in ethereal chains. Yet another phantom devoured to feed the demon-fox' insatiable appetite for souls.

As the ghost vanishes into the hellish void within the Huldra he gives a small murmur of pleasure. To feel whole again... if only for a moment. Such a sensation! But with each ghost devoured the feeling ends a little sooner, driving him to hunt all the more... Driving him forward. No time to rest. Must find more...

A sniff of the air...

Blood.

Death.

Souls...

With both tails the demon-fox grasps the handles of a pair of double-doors and eases them open. Beyond is a wide, spacious room with old tables and benches encrusted with filth and mildew. Patches of disturbingly flesh-like fungus grows from heaps of refuse that have somehow survived the ravages of years. To one side of the room is a long counter that was once lined with glass, now shattered and spattered with blood. Beyond the counter another space filled with dented, dusted stainless steel machines.

...some sort of feasting hall, maybe?

Carved into the far wall is a strangely skull-like symbol glowing with dull orange light. Something about it makes the Huldra feel uneasy and he decides that it would be best to ignore it if at all possible as he searches the great hall.

23. - Top - End - #473
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Sophie indeed follows Irene there.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

24. - Top - End - #474

Quote Originally Posted by LadyOfWar View Post
    Westlanna promptly heads for the room that her pager sends her to. She may not have decided what to do about Dave yet, but she knows that they are actually helping people here, and she is not going to simply stop working when some poor kid is lying there in need of help.
    Dave's Free Clinic
    She'll see that Dave is trying to jumpstart his heart.
    "C'mon kid! C'mon!"
    Glancing at Wes he gives a sigh of relief.
    "I need you to get the Defibilators! I'd grab them but I can't take a second away from this!"

---
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [Clarissa's Showdown]

Yank! Yoinks! Augh! And all that jazz!

Dexterity Dave succeeds in critically impairing the monster who was chain-whipped by him! Down he goes, like a stubborn felled tree, toppling to the ground, his heavy armor dragging him closer and closer to the ground before he smashes against it with a resounding thud and acute clash.

He's temporarily immobilized. Mustn't have been expecting for Dave to get so bold and adaptive in his countering techniques.

The tumbling innocent man flying out of a window hits the ground hard as Dave neglects to intervene in any sort of daring attempt to rescue him! He shall now be referred to as flat man. Unless Dave intervenes just in the nick of time to slow his descent.

Luckily, his condition is much less severe than his name would suggest. He is chalk full of broken bones, but he is still somehow breathing.

The warrior Dave chucked his shurikans at doesn't even flinch as they ding against his armor. He's more than slightly preoccupied causing colossal amounts of collateral damage to the squalid structures lining the streets.

Clarissa, on the other hand, is quite miffed at Dave. Dave said some things which hurt her deep like nothing else could. Although she does a flawless job of covering up her emotions with dispassionate brutality, she's far beyond the point of tears by now. And she's burned the bridge leading back over the bottomless precipice.

She glares at Dave with a look that would freeze a lesser man in his tracks, were her eyes not so mournful. She's clearly irked with him for following her to this field of valor uninvited and entirely unwanted. Outwardly, she's scolding him for his inadmissible behavior. Inwardly, his poorly chosen words are searing through every fiber of her mind, charring her love of Dave and ushering in a period of numbness which will soon decay to a flurry of spirit-mauling affliction.

"Do you want to talk with me or do you want to"

Clarissa flexes her fingers in the universal symbol for air quotes.

"'talk' at me. Well, I think you should have no trouble spitting out your words in between spitting out your teeth, Mister Better-Than-Thou-Art."

"Let me guess, you are shockingly upset that I forcefully dumped you off of me to get far, far away from you. Is that it? Or maybe you are about to preach to me and chide me for, y'know, splitting a dude open in order to rid myself of you. Either way, I don't care. It is well within my rights to exact payment from your whole species for how they have made me suffer and bleed and worse over the span of several lifetimes. It is perfectly acceptable for me to spill their blood in exchange for all of the horrors they have subjected me to. You don't know my story, so you couldn't understand. Know that I wasn't exaggerating when I said that you were the first person to ever treat me with common decency in all of my combined lifetimes...or so you misled me to believe."

"I comprehend everything that you meant with those words you spoke. I'm not as dimwitted as you'd accredit to me! You really had me going there, but now I realize that the only reason you ever wanted to keep me around was because you wanted this. You wanted my body. You don't love me. You lust for me. And if you think otherwise, then I doubt you can differentiate between love and lust at your current level of maturity."

Feel the disdain, Dave!

Clarissa's Showdown
    Dave sighed.
    "Clarissa, what I said at AMEN wasn't directed at you. Not in the slightest."
    "Why do I want to talk to you? I want to know what was so extrememly important that you decided to not care about the one thing I truly asked you to do for me. To not harm people in the Red Zone."

He steps forward, arms crossed.
    "And I love you Clarissa. I abandoned my cushy job for you, even helped you escape...I even asked you to marry me! I've trusted you completely, even when you gave me that ring, even after you gave me that ring. I went against even the forces of Heaven to protect you. And no matter what form you take, you could be just a puddle of mush for all I care, I will still love you. And no matter what you do, or what you say, or what you choose to become, that will never change."
    It's true. It's very hard for Dave to love someone, because of his ninja heritage that makes him wary. And having his previous girlfriends before Clarissa all be assassins doesn't help.
    And this makes him pretty loyal.
    But now, it's Dave's turn to be upset.
    He turns away from her, hands shaking and tears starting to spring from his eyes.
    "And for you to think that I'd ever do any of those things for some one out of lust..."
    "And to yell at me because I don't know your story? How could I? You never talk about yourself until I need to know..."

His clones fade away to nothingness.
    "When you calm down, and realize what you've said...come find me."
    And then he teleports away to a mountain ridge.
    Last edited by Mindfreak; 2012-04-25 at 05:33 PM.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

25. - Top - End - #475

[Arkham Street Hospital]

None of the lighting works in the dilapidated cafeteria any longer. And it's deep enough in the building that not natural light pierces do these recesses, either. Which means the only light is from the Huldra's fox fire-

-and the dull glow of those weird sigils on the wall.

The one's the Huldra is studiously ignoring.

"Come on... I know I smelled something in here..."
    Freddy mutters to no one in particular. "Something other than whatever those mushrooms are growing on..."

Eeww...

"Uuughh..." comes hollow, rattling moan. The moan, in this case, comes from a corpse that just stood up. The corpse in question has an uncanny resemblance to jerky in a rather flaky, mummified fashion. And its face is missing. From the upper jaw to the eyes is just a big gaping open hole oozing violently orange goop.

Wuh oh! Bad guy!

26. - Top - End - #476
    Troll in the Playground

{Soul Quest}

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Sophie indeed follows Irene there.
    Pearl follows too, but only if Jamie/Mikani followed.

[Arkham Street Hospital]

None of the lighting works in the dilapidated cafeteria any longer. And it's deep enough in the building that not natural light pierces do these recesses, either. Which means the only light is from the Huldra's fox fire-

-and the dull glow of those weird sigils on the wall.

The one's the Huldra is studiously ignoring.

"Come on... I know I smelled something in here..."
    Freddy mutters to no one in particular. "Something other than whatever those mushrooms are growing on..."

Eeww...

"Uuughh..." comes hollow, rattling moan. The moan, in this case, comes from a corpse that just stood up. The corpse in question has an uncanny resemblance to jerky in a rather flaky, mummified fashion. And its face is missing. From the upper jaw to the eyes is just a big gaping open hole oozing violently orange goop.

Wuh oh! Bad guy!
    What are you still doing here? Suddenly Vidalia asks. I thought you would go back to GLoG by now.

27. - Top - End - #477
    Ogre in the Playground

[Soul Quest]

Irene stops to look around and see where they are! Or at least where they're going. That'd be nice to know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

28. - Top - End - #478

[Arkham Street Hospital]

The Huldra readies himself for battle! What is that thing anyways? Some sort of weird Wight? He's honestly not sure... It has a soul though. Or at least something similar enough to one that Freddy could nom it.

So that means burn the critter until he disables it. And then devour the soul.

Easy enough...?

Right?

SUDDENLY ONION PERSON!

"Gah!"
    Freddy nearly jumps out of his skin when Vidalia appears quite literally out of nowhere. "Destroying evil spirits? Still eating?" the demon-fox offers tentatively.

SUDDENLY BLAGH!

The weird zombie thing spews a glob of violently glowing orange goop out of its hold-for-a-face! The slime stinks almost sickeningly of decay and death. The strange substance will cause anything it touches to undergo tremendous amounts of entropy in moments. Metals rust and corrode, plants decay, and flesh flakes off like the most horrible case of psoriasis ever.

The Huldra ducks under the attack! Hopefully it doesn't splatter all over the onion lady.

29. - Top - End - #479
    Troll in the Playground

[Soul Quest]

Irene stops to look around and see where they are! Or at least where they're going. That'd be nice to know.
    Weeeeeeell, I did want to wait for Jamie to announce her presence.....

But, just to start, it looks like it is leading you toward the market district, whatever color section that is.

[Arkham Street Hospital]

Vidalia leaps out of the way, her arms shifting into whipping tendrils as she dives.

So, what is this thing? she asks as she rolls to one knee, ready for action.
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2012-04-25 at 09:35 PM.

30. - Top - End - #480

[Arkham Street Hospital]

The orange goop lands on the floor and begins... not sizzling. Instead the floor begins to bubble and melt as the linoleum decays into inert gas and black organic scuz. It smells really terrible.

"Forge if I know," the Huldra replies as his soul orb hovers next to him. "Wight? Zombie? Evil spirit? I don't recognize it."

The creature begins to make gross guttural noises again, though it gets cut short when Freddy whips his softball sized orb around and clobbers the thing, snapping an arm and sending it tottering off onto its side.

The undead monster begins floundering on the floor in an attempt to get up again.

It isn't making much progress.