New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Outside XXXII

Forest's Edge

Connie looks at the tiny woman that is threatening her with an XXL toothpick with curiosity and some amount of surprise.

"Good for you. You going to eat it? Sleep in it? Flirt with it? Or is it just yours?"

Connie greets the pixie with her usual amount of tact.

2. - Top - End - #722
    Ogre in the Playground

[Forest's Edge]

Mimi glares at Connie and waves her spear again for emphasis. "I'm gonna give it to someone very special." She says, matter of factly. It only makes her claim to it all the more important.

3. - Top - End - #723
    Dwarf in the Playground

Forest's Edge

"How sweet. Hoist that thing up to his little tree hole for the two of you to be comfortable in the winter, eh?"

Part of Connie wants to rip the flower in half just to tick Mimi off... nah, she'll save that for if she's really bored. First she wants to see if she can get this little lady really riled.

4. - Top - End - #724
    Ogre in the Playground

[Forest's Edge]

"Her, and we don't live in a tree." Mimi says haughtily. Not that she has anything against living in trees. Being with a man is a definite no go, though.

5. - Top - End - #725
    Dwarf in the Playground

Forest's Edge

"So, what, under a rock? Or are you one of those newfangled critters that make nests in people's attics?"

Connie is making a guess at what a good insult might be. She doesn't really know much about what this girl is, but she knows enough to make some general insults.

6. - Top - End - #726
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    Mana Gathering

That was probably the perfect way to describe it to Kuko actually. He draws on mechanical prowess otherwise nonexistent thanks to the ridiculous of the instructions. "Kitcho will go check," he tells Surt. The minish whistles and his sparrow takes to the sky in search of the aforementioned group.
    [Mana Gathering]

Jakus does as bid, setting up different pieces of equipment. Still, he keeps a baleful eye cast on the approaching individuals.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

7. - Top - End - #727
    Ogre in the Playground

[Forest's Edge]

"I live in a cave. With rooms and cushions and stuff." Mimi tries to prod Connie in the nose with the blunt end of her spear. "Who're you anyway?"

8. - Top - End - #728
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    [Cyan Beach]

"Hmmph." Damon snorts and gives Vizek a kick, as if the dragon were a horse.

"What elsse am I meant to do, Vizek? Between the demonss and the dragonss in my reality, or whatever it iss, I losst everything. I've losst my home, my race iss dead, I losst Ssarah. It'ss hard to find thingss to enjoy any more. Making demonss ssuffer iss...theraputic."
    [Cyan Beach]

"Even if these demons probably had nothing to do with it?" Vizek asks before using his wings to lift himself off the ground with a single flap; soon soaring above the cyan colored beach.

"Did I ever tell you about the king who had my mate and child killed Damon?" He asks while they start flying towards Watchtower.

9. - Top - End - #729
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Forest's Edge]

"I live in a cave. With rooms and cushions and stuff." Mimi tries to prod Connie in the nose with the blunt end of her spear. "Who're you anyway?"
    "Connie. What's it to you? And do you care if I call you by anything other than 'miss toothpick'?"

Connie's grasping at straws now. Her insults are breaking down quickly...

10. - Top - End - #730
    Ogre in the Playground

[Forest's Edge]

"The name's Mimi, baloth breath." The pixie prods at Connie some more. "If you think I'm gonna let some stub-winged giant take this flower, you got another thing coming. So how about you and your big butt move back a bit." Mimi gives Connie an extra hard poke to make her point clear.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2012-09-09 at 09:40 PM.

11. - Top - End - #731
    Dwarf in the Playground

Forest's Edge

"Hey, who are you calling big and wingless?"

She suddenly shrinks to one foot tall, and a pair of bat wings comes out of her back.

"Besides, you're too small to be tough and your wings are all... gossamery. And fragile."

12. - Top - End - #732
    Ogre in the Playground

[Forest's Edge]

"Oh yeah? I'll show you who's fragile." Mimi holds her spear horizontally in both hands and thrusts forward to try and smash the side of the haft into the demon. She has surprising strength from one so small, though that's a common trait among small beings. Connie might be in for a surprise, though.

13. - Top - End - #733
    Halfling in the Playground

[Cyan Beach]

"Lecturing me won't achieve anything, Vizek. I am not sso carelesss ass to asssume every demon iss evil and they sshould all die immediately. There'ss alwayss exceptionss. I'm a good example of one, I barely sshare any characterissticss with my own kind any more. But thosse demonss were in the processs of opening a portal, and ass you jusst found out, they're planning ssomething bad. So there'ss nothing wrong with torturing them." See? That's logical!

Sort of.

"But you're going to inssisst on telling the sstory anyway, aren't you? Go ahead."
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

14. - Top - End - #734
    Dwarf in the Playground

Forest's Edge

The haft hits her with a smack, and the mocking smile disappears from Connie's face. Ow. A flick of her wrist, and a hellfire whip appears. It twists in a way that anyone who knows anything about how a whip works would immediately call it off as impossible. Connie tries to wrap the whip around the spear, and yank it away from Mimi. The hellfire (due to the specific definition of this hellfire) won't hurt the spear, but it might cause slight burns on Mimi's hands if she touches it.

15. - Top - End - #735
    Ogre in the Playground

[Forest's Edge]

Mimi cries out in outrage as the spear is yanked out of her hands. Screw that. "You jerk!" The pixie immediately shoots forward to try and slam bodily into Connie.

16. - Top - End - #736
    Dwarf in the Playground

Forest's Edge

Connie is also very strong for her size right now, and as thus she isn't knocked onto her rump. Mimi does manage to impact her fully in the chest, though, and Connie is winded for a moment. She tries to reach over with her other hand and grab Mimi, but isn't very fast.

17. - Top - End - #737
    Ogre in the Playground

[Forest's Edge]

Mimi's very quick, like most of her kind. She tears off to the side, away from the grasping hand, and aims a kick at Connie's knee. "Take that, slowpoke!"
    Last edited by Gullara; 2012-09-10 at 01:22 PM.

18. - Top - End - #738
    Dwarf in the Playground

Forest's Edge

"Ow!"

The hellfire whip will degrade, as Connie stops paying attention to it so that she can try to punch Mimi.

This means the spear is free again!

19. - Top - End - #739
    Ogre in the Playground

[Forest's Edge]

Mimi merely shifts to the side a bit and deflects the incoming fist to the side, While she's within Connie's reach, she shoots forward and upward, intent on headbutting the demon in the chin.

20. - Top - End - #740
    Dwarf in the Playground

Forest's Edge

Connie is obviously disoriented for a moment, not expecting that at all. She gets some distance, not sure sure what to expect next.

Since when did anything in this place know how to fight?

21. - Top - End - #741
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Surtr View Post
    What kinda stupid names are those!? Huh?
    he senses a group of humanoids. "Guys, there is a group of humanoids heading in our direction. Intentions unknown."
    Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    Mana Gathering

That was probably the perfect way to describe it to Kuko actually. He draws on mechanical prowess otherwise nonexistent thanks to the ridiculous of the instructions. "Kitcho will go check," he tells Surt. The minish whistles and his sparrow takes to the sky in search of the aforementioned group.
    Mana Gathering

The sparrow don't need to fly very far as a group of about twenty ogres all armed with large clubs are approaching. The others should see them shortly afterwards, not giving Kuko's bird enough time to warn them beforehand.

"Oh, excellent. They could help us set up this thing." Jallyn says with a grin as she looks up from her work with the thingmajjober.

The ogres don't look very helpful however, rather the opposite in fact.

[Cyan Beach]

"I'm pretty sure I mentioned it to you before, but when I was young my mate and only child were taken from me by a king who believed eating their hearts could cure his ails. He was wrong of course, he would just have gotten ill if he tried to eat them. Heck, in his condition it might just have killed him.

That's not the point though. This man arrange for their deaths and in a single strike I had lost my future and my only mate. Like you I was consumed by anger, I tortured one of the kings agents until he revealed who had sent him. Then I devoured him."
    Vizek explains grimly. "Now, we dragons have an ancient, and I would say, outdated practice when it comes to humans murdering dragons.

They call it drarook, 'the reign of fire' and it consists of killing every human who have the slightest connection to the murderer. Not exactly one of the things that would improve your opinion of us. But in any case, I and great deal of other dragons set out for the king, but when we found him it was already too late. The kingdom had quickly turned against him once they heard we were coming and had killed him, hanging out his body as we came flying. I got enraged of course at the foolish humans who had denied me my revenge.

I demanded justice and the people responded by sending out the kings remaining family, a wife who was far too young for him and a boy who weren't old enough to have their first kiss."
    He continues as they fly, speaking quite loudly to compensate for the wind. "Now, the other dragons knew this was a quite useless gesture, by drarook we would simply burn down the castle and everyone inside it, killing the entire court and probably the kingdom with it.

The family... was just an appetizer."
    The dragon says with a shake of his head. "But I couldn't do it. I couldn't kill them Damon, they might as well have been my own family for winds sake. All that time I had wanted to kill something, taste their blood, hear their wailing cries before I put an end to their miserable lives...

But then I realized that was all useless. Killing them wouldn't solve anything. It would just make more people suffer. So instead I arranged something else. I made myself king over that land, vowing to make something better out of all that suffering. To help the world instead of causing it more of the suffering I myself I had felt.

I'm not sure how much it applies to you but I'm just trying to say that revenge isn't the solution. I don't mind you fighting against the demons but you need to keep in mind that not even they are complete monsters. Not all of them at least."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-09-11 at 11:38 AM.

22. - Top - End - #742
    Ogre in the Playground

[Forest's Edge]

Mimi's not letting up just yet, so Connie better snap out of it. She pursues Connie closely, and tries to kick the demon hard in the chest with both her feet.

23. - Top - End - #743
    Dwarf in the Playground

Forest's Edge

Oof! That's IT! Connie manifests a hellfire whip and tries to snag Mimi. However, Connie is used to snatching things that are big and not trying to run away. Or trying to beat her up. The Hellfire can twist impossibly, but it still can only move so fast.

24. - Top - End - #744
    Ogre in the Playground

[Forest's Edge]

Mimi is snatched out of the air just before she reaches Connie. It catches her around her left arm. She yelps when it burns her and tries to yank her arm free.

25. - Top - End - #745
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Attacked Village- Canyon

The gnome with the dart gun is atop the canyon walls. He can be reached by scaling the cliff; it's steep and near-vertical, but also rocky with lots of hand-holds. It can be climbed, but slowly, though the walls are only six metres high it won't take too long to reach the top. If Esruc has some means of returning fire, then that may be more effective, at least to begin with.
    Esruc will scale the cliff as he has no such things like ranged weapons except the shotgun and he did not think that the shots would hit. Esruc will also be on alert for any more projectiles on the way up. At the top he will try and close in on the assailant.
    Boredom is a double-edged sword. Oh yeah I made character entries in the character directory wanna see?

Spoiler
    Show

From Left to Right: Surtr, Narve

26. - Top - End - #746
    Orc in the Playground

Attacked Village- Canyon

There's no shots fired as Esruc scales the cliff. Atop the cliff is a small area of woodland, with lots of ground cover. It will be hard to see the gnome; he's hiding under a brown cloak with dead leaves sewn to it under a bush, and he's a practised woodsman. He can be found, however, especially through superhuman senses, inhuman senses or a very experienced tracker used to deciduous woodland.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

27. - Top - End - #747
    Dwarf in the Playground

Forest's Edge

"HAH! Got you now!"

The hellfire whip isn't going to let go easily, and Connie is going to try and swing the pixie around humorously. There isn't any real threat of her reaching high velocity, though. Connie is more trying to intimidate Mimi, and make her look silly.

28. - Top - End - #748
    Ogre in the Playground

[Forest's Edge]

((Mimi is actually getting burned right? I'm unclear how much control over that Connie has and if she's makinging it harmful now.))

Mimi is flung around fairly easily. She tries to struggle against it, but there's little she can do. Connie will definitely suceed in making her look silly, and in making her dizzy.

29. - Top - End - #749
    Dwarf in the Playground

Forest's Edge

The hellwhip is causing pain, but no damage beyond first-degree burns (and probably bruising) right now.

Connie proceeds to follow up thrashing around by trying to bounce Mimi off of the ground.

Boink!

30. - Top - End - #750
    Ogre in the Playground

[Forest's Edge]

Mimi definitely hits the ground, but she sure doesn't bounce. That must have hurt. The pixie isn't out of the game yet though. She gets up quickly and flies backward. She tries to wrench tue whip either off her arm or out of Connie's hand.