New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 32 of 47 FirstFirst ... 7222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #931
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Default Re: [Nexus] HT's plots

[Beachside]

You'd be surprised how few ask Death if it can die.
    The few times it comes up tend to be with wannabe heroes in dark castles just assuming on their way to some vampire lord.

"I can...just as any other divine being can. It doesn't really require magic, as such...just time and a certain inevitability."
    Although there is a very specific breed of magic that can expunge gods rather simply. Once upon a time, there had been a living weapon which specialized in it.
    Fear had never been so prevalent in the pantheons of the divine.

"Always had a little hobby collecting games, board games or social games."
    Like Limbo or Twister.
    "Kinda started fiddling with electronics lately too, thanks to you...

And, um, stupid things...stupid things..."

A few seconds ago comes to mind. Some time before that as well. Possibly another time shortly before that.
    Rather than say any of those things, Libby twitches one of her ears, turns faintly pink, and goes for something else entirely.
    "Um...agreeing to a competition with long-past life goddess, I suppose. She felt my existence forced her creations' to end, that maybe they would flourish better without my interference. She was upset.
    It was not a friendly contest and many suffered for it."

A story!
    May or may not be for another time. Depends.
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

2. - Top - End - #932
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    Beachside

Before they go surfing, Romeo (attempts) to put his hand on Moff's shoulder. "You can be my wingman anytime." This is said entirely without irony.
    Moff has a single tear going down his cheek as he says, "Our friendship is like the ocean. Strong and beautiful and full of surfers."

The movie score swells at this point, of course.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

3. - Top - End - #933
    Barbarian in the Playground

Beachside

Magtok raises an eyebrow.

"So you ceased doing stuff, so because of that, a bunch of things that ought to be dead were in lots of trauma and pain, then. Or something like that, or something completely totally different."

Sounds fairly deity-ish. That's how these myth things usually go, right? Someone has lots of hubris or has a really stupid idea, they go to town with it, and then ridiculously horrible consequences follow, which might or might not end up affecting the actual egomaniac responsible for them in the first pla-

Wait...she said 'long-past life goddess', right? Sounds like a lot more went wrong than just a few lowly mortal souls getting culled a few months later than they should've been. Maybe she was forced to defend hell from an army of that other one's creations, maybe? A battle-contest to see whose stuff kicks the most butt? Or maybe that other goddess's death doesn't actually have anything to do with Libby, who knows?

"So...board games? How many different Monopoly variants? I think I sold one in MagMart for a few months, Magopoly or something like that, until this creepy mustached guy and his Scottie dog came along and told me to cease and desist. I wasn't going to listen, but then he hit me with an old shoe, and told me he had a battleship with its cannons aimed at me just behind the Boardwalk, and oh my gods I only just now realized what he did there."

Only just now, Magtok? That NPC came to your store months ago!
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2012-04-19 at 09:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

4. - Top - End - #934

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Moff has a single tear going down his cheek as he says, "Our friendship is like the ocean. Strong and beautiful and full of surfers."

The movie score swells at this point, of course.
    Beachside

Romeo struggles to keep back tears of his own and gives a solemn nod. He turns to the ocean. He knows what to do. He begins running towards the waves like... Like his heart's on FIRE! He'll attack the wave. With the teachings of Sensei Dave, the courage he has with his friend Moff at his side, and his oneness with his rental board. Surf Romeo, Surf!

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

5. - Top - End - #935
    Troll in the Playground

Beachside

And Moff is just a few steps behind him and surfs the same wave! He does that one awesome move that he kept trying and failing at all through training, but is now somehow inspired enough to succeed at!

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

6. - Top - End - #936

Beachside
    Dave's heart swells as he sees his pupils succeed.
    The pride he felt moved him to cry a single tear, which he quickly wiped away in case his pupils saw it and thought less of their tough instructor.
    Stopping to only get an ice cream from the snack shack, Dave joins them in the water! He surfs a rolling wave and...does a handstand.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

7. - Top - End - #937
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Beachside

Jezebel smiles warmly to Shae and sets her hand on his cheek affectionately before looking up. "Harnel would know after all." She admits before looking at Kirk. "Before you head to the water though, mind if I talk to you for a moment? In private. It concerns our arrangement from the Charity. Just a couple minutes of your time is all I need."
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Beachside]

Kirk raises his eyebrow at Harnel and Jezebel. Wasn't he married... Eh, no concern to him. "I don't mind at all. You two go ahead. I'll catch up." he directs the last toward Dena and Fettina.
    [Beachside]

"I can move off if you two want to talk privately," Harnel says, "I don't mind." Harnel's tail twitches. At least, he's hoping that it's just private between kirk and Jezebel. Many many thoughts are leaping through his mind in prismatic colors, all colliding with each other as his mind races through many of the possibilities, likely or not.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

8. - Top - End - #938
    Bugbear in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Beachside

Tola, a large nine foot tall fluffy Alot, clad in a teeny-weeny pink bikini(see my avatar) walks down to the beach. Today he/she(its hard to tell with Alot) has decided to stretch it's physical, mental, and social muscles. It looks around for anyone interesting and unattended.
    Spoiler: Those That Came Before
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

9. - Top - End - #939
    Ogre in the Playground

Beachside

"Nah, I'll take a short walk with him."
    Jezebel tells Harnel before getting up. On her way to her feet, her tail runs along Shae's arm before doing the same to Harnel's. Once she's up, she offers the drow her arm. "Mind if we find someplace else now?" If asked later, she'd just pass off the tail thing as a message to Harnel to say that they're okay, but honestly, she just wanted to see what his scales felt like compared to those some of her followers have.

10. - Top - End - #940
    Ogre in the Playground

[Beachside]

Harnel's scales are large and thick, forming plates rather than a more snake-like feel, with a rough texture. They're also fairly warm - warmer than a human's skin would be even on a day like this. Harnel barely seems to notice though, as his scales don't allow for a lot of tactile transference anywhere but on more flexible areas, such as his hands or his face. His wing membranes are also good for that.

He doesn't really seems fazed by it, "Enjoy your walk then. I should be here when you get back."
    Last edited by Halae; 2012-04-19 at 11:44 PM.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

11. - Top - End - #941
    Ogre in the Playground

[Beachside]

Kirk will hook his arm in Jezebel's. "Lead wherever you like." The drow says. He's mostly just curious what she wants now.

12. - Top - End - #942

((Aw, damn it. I forgot all about this.))

Beachside

Dena leans in conspiratorially, "Shhh, don't tell anyone. Can't have two drow being friends you know? Totally ruins our image. Especially a male friend." She pretends to whisper even if the reply is fairly audible.

The drow then slowly steps into the water and shudders, "Speak to yourself, I'm telling you, the only thing water is good for is drinking."

13. - Top - End - #943
    Halfling in the Playground

Beachside

Tina gives a low chuckle at Dena's joke, but what she said makes the musician curious. Did that comment about males mean something? Kirk never did want to tell her anything about drow culture. Perhaps some questions later are in order.

For now, she'll just try to get Dena swimming. "Oh, c'mon. It's fun." She tries to grab Dena's forearm and pull her further into the ocean.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

14. - Top - End - #944

Beachside

The poor drow is pulled into deeper water despite her weak protests. "Uh, I- Is this a good to admit I can't swim?" She says sheepishly while still being able to have both her arms just above the water.

15. - Top - End - #945

Beachside

Tina won't go deeper than her waist. She turns, cocking a brow at Dena amusedly. "Seriously? Well, you wanna learn?"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

16. - Top - End - #946

Beachside

"Desert world. Not much of a chance to." She replies with a sidelong glance at the water. "Isn't it kind of hard though? Swimming I mean."

17. - Top - End - #947

Beachside

"Oh. That doesn't sound too fun," Tina says, floating about on the fairly peaceful water. "Swimming? Nah. It's mostly just... moving your arms and legs a certain way." She doesn't want to force it on Dena, though. "You wanna try? The ocean's not the best place to learn, but this water's not very choppy..." Except for that one wave Misha called up. :V

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

18. - Top - End - #948
    Ogre in the Playground

Beachside

Jezebel will guide Kirk to the shore before walking along it, and he'll feel her tail snake around his waist to keep him close. It's only when they're likely out of ear shot of the others that she begins to speak. "Mostly, I wish to doublecheck that you are Object free. We've worked hard to free Xifra of them, so I won't allow any to get near her again."

19. - Top - End - #949
    Ogre in the Playground

[Beachside]

Kirk frowns a little and shakes his head. "I haven't touched one of those damn things in month. And I don't plan to ever again. You have nothing to worry about."

20. - Top - End - #950

Beachside

Dena giggles, "Sounds like I'm about to get lessons from Kirk, but sure." She goes a bit deeper into the water. "So how do I move my leg's and arm's then?"

21. - Top - End - #951

Beachside

Tina thinks about how to explain it a moment. It's been so long since she learned, the act is second nature by now. She's quite the swimmer, too.

"We can start by treading water. Kick your legs downward. Just one after the other. Wave your arms, too," She does it herself, hoping Dena will learn by example.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

22. - Top - End - #952

Beachside

Dena glances in the direction of Kirk and Jezebel to make sure they aren't looking in their direction before she floats out a bit and attempts to mimic Tina's movements. She does manage to keep herself from sinking but being submerged like this seems to make her rather uneasy.

"...okay, so what now?" She asks even more sheepishly.

23. - Top - End - #953
    Ogre in the Playground

Beachside

Jezebel looks relieved and lets out a long sigh. "Thank you. I won't lose her again to such things." She tells him before showing him an even better "thank you" by trying to pull him close into a deep kiss, dipping him slightly as she does.

To learn that Xifra and Salome would be safe meant more than that to Jezebel, but for now, it's the thanks he's going to get.

24. - Top - End - #954
    Troll in the Playground

Beachside

Shae watches Jezebel with a besotted look on his face. "Isn't she beautiful?" he asks Harnel. "She's the most beautiful mortal I ever see."

In the water, which is somehow choppy enough to allow surfing in one part of the thread while calm enough for a beginning swimmer in another part - yay for Nexus physics! - Moff strikes a sexy pose as the credits roll.

Oh wait! No, the credits can't roll yet on the cheesy 80s movie! The romance sub-plot hasn't been resolved!

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

25. - Top - End - #955
    Ogre in the Playground

[Beachside]

Well that's certainly pleasant, and distracting. Kirk was just about to glance back at Dena and Tina too. Dena should consider herself lucky.

Anyway, the drow returns the kiss with passion. Seeing as they're in a rather public area, he won't let his hands wander. Too much. "You're welcome." He says after they've finished.

26. - Top - End - #956

[Beachside]

"Exactly the words I was looking for!" A loud voice exclaims as a woman with a rather serious form of albino-ism dressed in a full medieval-looking dress appears from thin air.

She points out the cult leader, "Jezebel." Her finger wanders to the drow. "Kirk." Before finally settling on herself. "I'm Hannah, nice meeting you all! So I was wondering..." She suddenly stops and raises her hand to cover her eyes, blinking several times as she seem to attempt to focus on them.

"...uh, where did you go? Why does my eyes hurt all of sudden?"
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-04-21 at 08:04 AM.

27. - Top - End - #957

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Beachside

Dena glances in the direction of Kirk and Jezebel to make sure they aren't looking in their direction before she floats out a bit and attempts to mimic Tina's movements. She does manage to keep herself from sinking but being submerged like this seems to make her rather uneasy.

"...okay, so what now?" She asks even more sheepishly.
    "Just... swim! Push out with your arms. Move around a little. It's fun, when you get used to it," Tina says, doing little circles around Dena. She smirks mildly. "Like you're weightless."
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-04-22 at 12:28 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

28. - Top - End - #958

Beachside

The drow glances at Tina and sigh, "Once you get to learn it, yeah." She then weakly attempts to mimic the musicians arm movements but isn't moving a lot. "We should finish before Kirk looks this way by the way."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-04-22 at 04:58 AM.

29. - Top - End - #959
    Ogre in the Playground

Beachside

It's alright if Kirk's hands don't wander since Jezebel's certainly do. Once the kiss is over, she smiles wryly to him, but before she can say anything, Hannah suddenly appears. She's a bit shocked since she hadn't noticed her before, but maybe she'd just been caught up with Kirk and wasn't paying attention. Even so, the newcomer wore odd attire to the beach. "If you wear something a bit lighter than that, you'll probably enjoy yourself more. And I have to admit, you have me at a bit of a loss here. Who are you?"

30. - Top - End - #960

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Beachside

The drow glances at Tina and sigh, "Once you get to learn it, yeah." She then weakly attempts to mimic the musicians arm movements but isn't moving a lot. "We should finish before Kirk looks this way by the way."
    "Why's that? You're doing fine," Tina asks, curious. She swims around Dena and pushes her forward a little, trying to get her to move around more.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters