Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default St. Trinian's WW

St. Trinian’s WW
    by Tasroth and Thufir
    based on the films St. Trinian’s and St. Trinian’s 2
    based on drawings by Ronald Searle

St. Trinian’s School for Young Ladies. Considered by some in the outside world to be a young offenders institution masquerading as a boarding school, considered by its pupils (and most of the staff) to be paradise. A haven of chaos for young anarchists, with none of those pesky school rules. Not even the ones like “Don’t make alcohol and explosives in the chemistry lab” or “No gambling during lessons.”

But now this proud institution is under attack. A secret society has gained entrance by posing as new pupils, and they will do anything to bring the school in line with their ideas about acceptable education. The girls of St. Trinian’s aren’t going to go quietly. They are ready to kick the traitors out of their sanctuary.

Rules
    Spoiler
    Show

Basic rules may be found here.
    Votes must be in red text. Vote changes must be indicated by striking through the previous vote.
    Day phases will be roughly 48 hours, Night phases roughly 24.
    The 25% rule does not apply in this game.
    Auto-lynches will occur after three consecutive days without pointing.

A variation on Helgraf’s scry interference rule is being used. If 2 people attempt to scry the same target there is a 50% chance for each of them that they receive an ‘interference’ result. This chance increases to 75% for 3 people, and if 4 or more people attempt to scry the same target, the result is always interference.

Roles
    Spoiler
    Show

Side-Specific Roles
    Spoiler
    Show

Loyal St. Trinians
    St. Trinian’s tends to breed loyalty en masse to a degree not found in any other school. The girls will fight fiercely to defend their home, though organisation has never been their strong point.

Annabelle Fritton: The newly elected head girl, Annabelle is the niece of the headmistress. As such, she can ask her aunt to intercede, though she cannot do so too often for fear of appearing weak. Once every three days, she may PM the narrators (during the Day phase) to stop any lynch from occurring that day. Also, as an authority figure her point counts as three.

Tara and Tania – The Twins: Perhaps two of the most feared students of St. Trinian’s. Not bad going for a pair of 11-year-olds. They are quite capable of ensuring that someone doesn’t bother the school again. But that kind of work takes it out of a girl, so they can’t do it too often. Every other night they can remove a player from the game (Assassin). In addition they stick together at all times. If one of them is protected then both are, but if one of them is voided then they both are. If one of them is lynched or night killed, then both are removed from the game. However if they receive less than 25% of the lynch vote or less than 50% of the night kill vote, they take one of their attackers with them. The twins begin play knowing each other.

Loyal Girls: Loyal members of the school who don’t belong to a specific faction, St. Trinian’s girls tend to benefit from strength in numbers. For every three loyal girls pointing at the same target, that target receives an additional lynch vote.

Sorority of Order
    A fanatical secret society dedicated to law and order, who are determined to bring down St. Trinian’s. Each night, every member of the Sorority can PM the narrator their vote for the night kill. The target with the most votes is killed. Members of the Sorority cannot be killed by this, though they are not informed why the kill failed. At the end of each night, every member of the Sorority is informed of how many people were present at the meeting, the total number of votes cast, and which player was targeted.

Sorority Leader: The ruthless leader of the Sorority, her name unknown even to them. She is included in a random faction (see below), though she does not have the associated abilities, and scries as a member of that faction. As an authority figure, her vote for the Sorority’s night kill counts as three. In addition, she can check her records each night to determine whether a player is a loyal St. Trinian or a member of the Sorority (though not their exact role). She begins play knowing the identities of two members of the Sorority (though they don’t know her). At any time she may PM the narrator an anonymous message to be passed to all the Sorority members. This ability is passed to a random Sorority member if she is killed (or she may nominate a successor prior to her death by PMing the narrator).

Sorority Members: Members of the Sorority who have infiltrated St. Trinian’s, all of them belong to one of the factions (see below). 50% of them begin play knowing one other Sorority member. At any time any of them may PM the narrator an anonymous message to be passed to the Sorority leader (or her successor). This message may not include the identity of a fellow member they knew at the start of the game, but can include scry results.

Factions
    Spoiler
    Show

St. Trinian’s is home to some of the usual factions found in any school. The only difference is, here they’ve gotten really good at it. Unfortunately, the Sorority of Order have infiltrated the factions, placing their own people with similar talents in the school… or at least people who can fake it. All members of each faction begin play knowing each other.

Geeks: The masterminds behind the St. Trinian’s surveillance network, and generally the brains of the operation. They are at home with all forms of technology and anything involving numbers, and can make use of their computer skills to check on their fellow students. Every night each of them may check the personal file on one player and therefore discover their role (Seer).

Emos: Or possibly Goths. Either way, they wear black, have lots of pale make-up, sometimes sleep in coffins, and have a death fixation. Since they can be quite creepy and tend to stay up all night, they can guard fellow students (or themselves) from harm. Every night each of them may choose one player to protect. That player cannot be killed during the night phase (Baner).

Posh Totties: Rich, attractive, and thick as two short planks. If you want to hear about celebrities, fashion, and cute boys, these are the girls to talk to. If on the other hand you want an intelligent conversation, you may have to look elsewhere. Still, they are experts at being distracting (although they don’t always mean to). Every night each of them may target one player. That player is so distracted that they lose any night actions they were attempting (Voider).

Rude Girls: All bad attitude and bling, these girls would probably have dropped out of any other school. At St. Trinian’s though they get left alone, and they have their uses. When one of them is targeted by pointing or the night kill vote, the total number of votes against them is reduced by two.

Eco Freaks: Green and keen, the eco freaks are big on recycling, sustainable energy, and all the other big environmental issues. They also keep the school Tuck TNT shop. They are experts at making pretty much anything from whatever they can find lying around. Every night each of them may create one item (see below). If they wish, they may also attempt to pass it to a specific player with a 50% success rate. If this fails, or they choose not to, the item goes to a random player as normal.

Items
    Spoiler
    Show

Each player may use up to two items each Night phase. There is a 25% chance of losing each item currently held at the end of each Night phase. Items lost by one player or newly introduced into the game go to a random player at the end of each Night phase.

C4
    Some of the things the girls of St. Trinian’s have done have required explosives, and this is the one remaining block after the last time. This item does not need to be used. If the player carrying the C4 is killed, one of the people targeting them is blown up along with them (Beast).

Hooded Robe*
    Since all the members of the Sorority of Order attend their meetings in hooded robes to hide their identity, any loyal St. Trinian who gets hold of one can sneak in. Using this item allows a loyal St. Trinian to vote for the night kill for that night, and they receive all the same information the Sorority members do at the end of the night. The robe is automatically lost if it is used.

Trinski
    One of the twins’ biggest sources of income, they’ve gotten pretty good at making this vodka. Of course, early batches did have unfortunate side effects, such as bitter aftertaste, people going blind after two glasses, and one lady that died. If you can find a way of administering it to someone, they tend not to be particularly focused for a while. The target of this item loses any night action they may have (Void). A single bottle may only be used once.

Magic Mushrooms*
    Hallucinogenic mushrooms grown by the eco freaks, the effects they have on people are… interesting. The target of this item cannot post in the game thread during the following Day and Night phases. Any actions they can take (point, night kill vote, night actions) are used against a random target. If this is used on one of the twins, their assassin kill is simply voided; it cannot be used randomly (as the other twin is caring for her hallucinating sister). A single portion of mushrooms may only be used once.

Tuck TNT Shop Key*
    The school tuck shop (often known as the TNT shop) contains records of which students have what items, so anyone able to sneak in during the night can check them without anyone realising. A TNT shop key allows you to find out what items are held by another player.

Costume Box*
    The box contains a collection of costumes from school plays, “lost” property and garments sewn together from scraps. You can use it to disguise two players as each other. The next Day phase, all points against one of them count against the other and vice versa. Both targets are informed they have been disguised but not who as.

Lock Picks*
    Lock picks are fairly prevalent at St. Trinian’s, and most of the girls know how to use them. Therefore the fact that many of the students store possessions in locked boxes only makes it more difficult to steal them, not impossible. A set of lock picks allows you to steal all of another player’s items.

Escape Kit*
    This kit contains grappling hooks, energy-efficient super fuel for a getaway car, and all manner of other things useful for getting away in a hurry. You can use it yourself or lend it to someone else. The target cannot be lynched during the next Day phase (Day-Bane). The kit may only be successfully used once.

Hidden Camera
    The geeks have rigged up a whole network of cameras throughout the school, many of them in unusual places. And sometimes you can get hold of one which can be moved around. This allows you to watch a player to learn their role (Scry).

Mystery Trap*
    It’s amazing what you can create with so little. The eco freaks can create a variety of inventive traps out of pretty much anything, perfect for catching people off guard. The trap can be set up to protect one player during the night phase (Bane). If it is successful, both the attacker(s) and the owner of the trap are informed. Each trap may only be successfully used once.

*These items may be created by the Eco Freaks

Players
    Spoiler
    Show

Still Standing (9/24):
    billtodamax
    cd4 (replacing Pahvimato)
    Gray Mage
    Istari
    Leta
    Lex-kat
    Qwaz
    Ramsus
    vegetalss4

Taken the Fall:

{table=head]Name|Role|Taken Out
    cd4|Loyal Girl|Lynched Day 1
    Aemoh|Loyal Girl|Killed Night 1
    Murska|Loyal/Eco Freak|Killed Night 2
    Ghanz Nmi|Loyal/Geek|Killed Night 2
    The Bushranger|Sorority/Geek|Lynched Day 3
    Zar Peter|Tania|Killed Night 3
    rakkoon|Tara|Auto-Killed Night 3
    Deathslayer7|Sorority Leader|Beast Killed Night 3
    spacebic|Sorority/Eco Freak|Lynched Day 4
    Horoar|Loyal/Posh Totty|Killed Night 4
    Tydude|Loyal Girl|Lynched Day 5
    Duneyrr|Sorority/Emo|Lynched Day 6
    Internet Flea|Loyal/Rude Girl|Beast Killed Day 6
    Zanshin|Sorority/Posh Totty|Lynched Day 7
    VA_beds|Kelly|Killed Night 7
    [/table]

Last edited by Tasroth; 2010-11-26 at 12:27 PM.
    What do you mean "Dungeon Master" isn't a proper job?

Thanks to Thufir for the avatar.

D&D Characters Past and Present:
    Spoiler
    Show

The Honest Man (3.5 LG human fighter), Princess Kailee (4e Good elf cleric), Elric (4e Good human paladin)
    Talia Dakashnit (3.5 CE human fighter), Gabriel Stryfe (d20 Modern fast hero), Tacin Willow (3.5 NG human fighter//bard)

GitP Blood Bowl Legacy League - Season 3 recruiting

2. - Top - End - #2
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

DrowGirl

Default Re: St. Trinian's WW - RECRUITING

I shouldn't be signing up for any more werewolf games.

...in.

Although, I haven't watched the recent st trinians. Only really know about the original ones.
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

In but I have to note that all the anonymous messages mean the Order is going to be fully in contact very soon, probably on night 2.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

I haven't seen these, I'm terribly confused, I shouldn't be joining any more WW games, but I'm in.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

What Duneyrr said. In.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Pixie in the Playground

In, says I.

Also, like Murska said, I don't see the point of the anonymous messages unless you meant to include a "No PMs" rule(I wish people would stop doing that though...)

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground

I think all of these strange powers everyone have are going to make for a wierd game. In.
    Remember: Hope springs eternal. The dark days will pass and the sun will shine again.

The best way to learn something is to ask, so ask without shame.

Many thanks to smuchmuch for the awesome Ponytar.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ghanz Nmi
    Guest in the Playground

Signing up, because someone said it's something. Yes.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ghanz Nmi
    Guest in the Playground

One question though: can the Sorority leader broadcast her identity?

10. - Top - End - #10
    Barbarian in the Playground

I'll be in.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

In as a Cheerleader. I can be one, right?

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

12. - Top - End - #12
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ghanz Nmi View Post
    I don't think they'd want to since the Hooded Robe means the students can find out too.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ghanz Nmi
    Guest in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Internet Flea View Post
    I don't think they'd want to since the Hooded Robe means the students can find out too.
    Depends on if they get *and* use it day 1. It is one-use, and we still don't know how many there will be.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Pixie in the Playground

Depends on if they get *and* use it day 1. It is one-use, and we still don't know how many there will be.
    The Eco Freaks can make them, so technically there's an unlimited number of them.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Duneyrr View Post
    I haven't seen these, I'm terribly confused, I shouldn't be joining any more WW games, but I'm in.
    yeah, the same

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    "Leave my Rakkoon alone!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    What shall I say to thee, rakkoon, thou cruel,
    Ingrateful, savage and inhuman creature,
    That knewst the very bottom of my soul,
    That almost mightst have coined me into gold
    Wouldst thou have practiced on me for thy use?
    Supa Songs about me

Thanks to Elder Tsofu for the banner and Rowsen for the avvie!

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

Goblin

In without cookies.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigstipidfighte View Post
    Pahvi, if this is serious, you are a god among men.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground

If you mean through the anonymous messages, no. Since the messages are supposed to be anonymous, you can't include your own identity in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    In but I have to note that all the anonymous messages mean the Order is going to be fully in contact very soon, probably on night 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aemoh View Post
    In, says I.

Also, like Murska said, I don't see the point of the anonymous messages unless you meant to include a "No PMs" rule(I wish people would stop doing that though...)
    The anonymous messages are mainly so the wolf team (Sorority of Order) can communicate while starting mostly blind. Normal PMs are allowed. And since as I mentioned the anonymous messages can't include your own identity (would sort of defeat the point) or the identity of a fellow member you've known since the start of the game, it's more for scry results, suspicions, etc. We'll see how it plays anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-kat View Post
    Eh, it's a school archetype, even if it's more an American one than British. Go ahead.

Spoiler
    Show

The Honest Man (3.5 LG human fighter), Princess Kailee (4e Good elf cleric), Elric (4e Good human paladin)
    Talia Dakashnit (3.5 CE human fighter), Gabriel Stryfe (d20 Modern fast hero), Tacin Willow (3.5 NG human fighter//bard)

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

In.tenchar

Ignotus Peverell avatar made by the great Bradakhan.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-kat View Post
    "Yay! Let's be cheerleaders together!"

...in other words, in.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

20. - Top - End - #20
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tasroth View Post
    If you mean through the anonymous messages, no. Since the messages are supposed to be anonymous, you can't include your own identity in them.
    Can it be a message like, "I'll vote for X tomorrow"? How about "I voted for X yesterday?"
    Last edited by Internet Flea; 2010-10-08 at 10:16 AM.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hadn't actually thought of that possibility...

I guess so.

Yeah, I should have thought more about exactly what you can and can't include in the anonymous messages.

Okay, quick answer: your name or a fellow members name you received in your role PM, NO
    Anything else, YES

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ghanz Nmi
    Guest in the Playground

Tas, one more question: when the Sorority leader dies, is only her messaging ability passed to the next leader, or are all her abilities passed to the next leader and the next leader loses her previous abilities, or does she get to dual-wield girl power?
    Last edited by Ghanz Nmi; 2010-10-08 at 12:35 PM.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground

Just the messaging bit. Since the whole anonymous messging setup is either

or

it relies on having someone filling the Leader side of it. The other bits (scry, triple night kill vote) are lost when she dies.

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #24
    Barbarian in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

I think I will join.

With the factions: does everybody in the faction get the ability of the faction or do they vote/choose the target of the action and only one action happens from each faction?

Would the sorioty members get the ability of the faction they are hiding in?

With the seer faction if the group choses a target is the result given to all the members?

25. - Top - End - #25
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by cd4 View Post
    I think I will join.

With the factions: does everybody in the faction get the ability of the faction or do they vote/choose the target of the action and only one action happens from each faction?

With the seer faction if the group choses a target is the result given to all the members?
    From the fact that there can be four scries at once, it sounds like everyone gets individual powers.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Pixie in the Playground

ill try this
    This message was approved in Triplicate by Bureaucrat #36---please submit Form 16-j-43 before reading

27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by cd4 View Post
    As Internet Flea surmised, everybody gets the ability.

Yes, with the exception of the Sorority Leader.

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #28
    Pixie in the Playground

I havn't watched the series or whatever it is but I'm in.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Orc in the Playground

to make up numbers in
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Johel View Post
    Because utopia is a dream, humans are bastards and any attempt to really flesh out Neverland turns it into Battle Royal island, only with pirates, cannibal children, man-eating mermaids, sadistic Indians, nymphomaniac fairies and Godzilla with a ringing tummy.

I have a specific learning difficulty, if I misuse grammar, misspell or otherwise abuse the written word, forgive me

30. - Top - End - #30
    Dwarf in the Playground

I've been trying to force myself not to join this game because these games are taking up too much time, but it looks like I have to join. I'm in.
    EDIT: Come on people, I don't want to be the last to sign up. Somebody, join!
    Last edited by Tydude; 2010-10-23 at 03:37 PM.
    Avatar of Yoshimo by Trazoi. WW Banner by Elder Tsofu.

Trophies and Titles
    Spoiler
    Show
    Protecting the Guilty/I Survived the City of the Drifter(City of Darkness)
    Bringer of Chaos/Last Assassin Standing/Werewolf Finder/Oops! (City of Shadows)
    (Shape-shifters 2)
    (Bombs Away Heat 2)