New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 44

[Rooftop]

Ashley plants a soft kiss on Ally's neck. "I can't be the best thing about the Nexus as long as you're here, my love."

2. - Top - End - #272

Quote Originally Posted by LadyOfWar View Post
    When Dave mentions making sacrifices for the good of his patients, it makes a small smile pull at the corners of Westlanna's mouth. It seems she approves of this approach to medicine.

She merely nods in reply to this being her lunch break. She files away the chart she was holding where it belongs and then heads for the locker room where she fishes her brown-bag lunch from her locker. Then, instead of eating in the employee break room, indoors, she decides to make use of the nice weather and heads outside to eat.

The warm sunshine and soft breeze refresh her soul as much as the food refreshes her body.
    Dave's Free Clinic
    Dave goes off for his own lunch, which is his favorite dish.
    But, it cannot be described, for its tastiness exceeds the ability to put them into words(it's actually just a simply sub from SubWay).
    Halfway through the sub, his pager goes off, as does Wes' but it has a fair less urgent tone.
    However, this is quite urgent.,
    As it becomes apparent as Dave begins wheeling a kid who's about 15 into surgery, removing his half-broken glasses and keeping his pokemon outside of the operating room.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

3. - Top - End - #273

[Rooftop]

Oh yes you can! Ally giggles and shivers at the kiss.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

4. - Top - End - #274

[Rooftop]

Ashley giggles herself. "Alright, alright. I won't argue with you." She tries to slowly push Ally down so that they're laying down.

5. - Top - End - #275

[Rooftop]

The thief lets the mage take control and smiles up at her. I don't want to push you if you're not ready...

6. - Top - End - #276

[Rooftop]

Ashley moves to straddle Ally's waist. When she speaks, she smiles back at her. "I think I'm ready. I'm yours, Ally, I'll do whatever you want."

7. - Top - End - #277
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Clarissa's Showdown
    If his enemy has followed him, he may notice Dexterity Dave moving at blinding speeds, a curved sickle thingie with a ball and chain on it in hand(Which I cannot remember the proper name for at thus moment >.<).
    Dexterity Dave launches the ball part to try and make it wrap around the guy's throat and then strangle him.
    Hopefully, it'll work.

Real Dave shakes his head at Clarissa's request, throwing blackened eggs filled with crushed glass at the two men Clarissa was fighting's eyes.
    "No."
    Intelligence Dave wonders...
    He teleports the woman to his clinic, to see if that'll break the connection.
    [Clarissa's Showdown]

That "curved sickle thingie with a ball and chain on the end" (Kusarigama, I think) sadly doesn't quite do the trick to counter the very heavy armor of the evil beastie elite kill squad. It has quite the opposite of the intended effect, really. The monster attempts to use superior leverage to yank Dexterity Dave close to him if he can manage to snag the chain with both hands. This attempt, however, leaves him stupidly open for another different attack from Dexterity Dave, one that will take the strength of the rigid armor into account.

Intelligence Dave is in luck! At long range, the fluid drain ceases to work! Now he only has to fix the woman up. And then after that he'd better treat the other slowly dying guy Clarissa herself sliced open. And then the third one that you aren’t supposed to know about yet.

One of those rude warrior “men” is dead. The other two are wearing helmets that protect their eyes fairly well against the glassy eye irritants.

Hey. What's up that that dead dude's body? And that black vortex swirling into existence over him and OH DANG! Did a surreal black beak just smash out of the portal leading to the abyss and snatch up that dead dude before ducking back into the portal to chomp on it. And what's up with Clarissa's sudden costume change! She's wearing a pitch black uniform hugging all of her curves. The pants appear to be made out of a glossy, coal-black latex-like substance. It isn’t real latex, though. Those things rip and tear so easily! Not good armor for any situation at all, they are. The shine is fashionable only. No telling what the stuff actually does without prodding it first, though. Coupled with the black leather belt with the fist-sized buffered gold skull-shaped buckle, it looks really, really nice on her. Or maybe she looks really, really, really nice in it. Hard to say with reasonable certainty. Those high-walled spit-shined military black boots go well with it too. As a top, she wears a polyester midnight-black military dress coat with a black v-cut t-shirt underneath it. Of course, the top button is unfastened to provide some level of hypnotic advantage and initial distraction to some specific enemy-types. Purely for tactics, you know. Sacrifices for an art. Or maybe art for a sacrifice. You never can truly gauge that with the finicky Clarissa. And is that a…SS cap she’s sporting? No. The insignia is all wrong. It is the same stylistically but the insignia is a flat red metal handprint. This insignia is located both in the center of the front of the cap just above the brim and atop the spot where her heart would be were Clarissa human. The black leather gloves are an elegant touch too.

Since Dave isn’t being amenable to Clarissa’s wishes, she hops to her feet like a loaded spring, casts a sideways glance at the enemy who is struggling to reel her in with his whip-like tentacles, and zaps him enthusiastically while charismatically smirking at Dave. She still hasn’t pulled out all of the stops yet.

Dave hasn’t left her much of a choice on how to proceed either. This is totally as much his fault as it is her’s.

“Dave? You really want to fight these guys, then go right ahead. I won’t stop you, but I won’t necessarily help either.”

Clarissa scampers up atop the hood of a nearby car and reclines upon it, hands acting as pillows cradling the back of her head to guarantee maximum comfort.

Meanwhile, her foe appears to be busy staring at a nearby building. It is obviously recovering from one of Clarissa’s staggering blows.

Well, it might have been doing that before psychically ripping a poor soul out of the side of the building and throwing the paste-to-be at the ground.

“What’s fun about these guys is that if they take damage, innocent lives are forfeit ‘cause that’s how they dramatically heal and roll. If you insist on helping me take one out, then you obviously want to kill it more than I do. My quota for today is filled, so knock yourself out before they knock you out!”

“I’m not at all being territorial over who finishes it. No. Wherever did you get that idea?”

[LIE]Territorial? Clarissa?[/LIE] *Fails bluff check.* Yeah. That’s pretty darn accurate and drastic, I’d say.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyOfWar View Post
    [Driver's Ed.] Let's call it like it is. :P

Lady Rannall climbs inside the vehicle, and seeing Percilla pull the vinyl strap of the seat-belt across herself and click it closed the Lady follows suit.

Thank goodness this thing is an automatic. Explaining a stick shift to someone who hasn't ever seen an engine before would be a nightmare.

"Forward. Back. Stay." She says softly to herself as she moves the lever. "Go. Stop." Now pressing the gas and brake. She does this one more time with her eyes closed. Now that she can find what she needs without looking, she is clearly ready to drive.

"Hold on." Lady Rannall tells her passengers. Then she puts it in drive and steps on the gas. The humvee accelerates across the big warehouse. She then slowly presses the brake and brings it to a smooth stop. "This is just like guiding a horse, but much simpler, for there is no sentient mind to work with."

After a few minutes of driving back and forth so she has a feel for how this thing works...

She seamlessly throws it into reverse, turns sharply, slows to a stop, then accelerates toward the gate leading out. "Are we ready to go?"
    [Inside Factory Raid]

The trip to the factory to be razed will be quite short and quick! With any luck, it’ll be relatively painless as well, but since Percilia isn’t the one driving, that’s not my call. Percilia won’t speak for the entire duration of the journey unless explicitly spoken to. A near accident won’t even be heeded by her. She seems to be jotting something down on a notepad, which she’ll abandon in the space near her feet two blocks away from the place in question. That leaves the GPS to guide Lady Rannall. She’ll direct Lady Rannall to park in a slot a block away from the factory, telling the driver to zoom through the perimeter defense of the factory and into any wall she chooses after 4 minutes have elapsed before leaving the crew all alone with her ludicrously expensive vehicle of deadliness and awesome.

[Theater Assault]

Not much is going on here yet, truth be told. People are generally settling into their positions and buying overpriced (Grr! Price-gouging!) refreshments before the show begins. Searching for Percilia outside of the seating area will yield nothing. There’s no trace of her there, spare the money she paid for admission. She’s already inside, her left arm in a bulky cast, waiting for the show to begin.

The stealthy secret-agenty antics of the MURDER and GLoG agents of stealthy secrecy goes unnoticed for now. Hmm… Maybe it is less unnoticed and more ignored as waves of people murmuring to one another splash by leaving only puddles of two or three people waiting on one more guest to show up standing in front of the theater.

Either way, there’s no guard patrolling anywhere remotely close to the topside of the theater right about now, so no !’s rear their ugly heads!

8. - Top - End - #278

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    [Rooftop]

Ashley moves to straddle Ally's waist. When she speaks, she smiles back at her. "I think I'm ready. I'm yours, Ally, I'll do whatever you want."
    Ally blushes profusely and runs her hands over Ashley's hips. Really? Whatever I want, huh?

9. - Top - End - #279

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    555 East Washington Avenue

When Fade jumps into Teq's shadow, a shiver runs up his spine. He turns to glare at the little fellow, but finds no one there. Guessing at his game, Teq says to the patch of darkness, "Warn me, next time."

Fastforwarding a little...

"Our client. Good then," Teq repeats. Whoever this drow is, she seems to know what she's doing. The giant looks about and seems to spot the Demon Queen, but swiftly looks away. "I see her. Not a sniper. What do you want to do?" The girl could simply be a bystander on a roof. There's no way to be sure, and this 'drow assassin' has been here longer than Teq.
    Jane closes her eyes and thinks for a few moments. "Keep an eye on her. Make no action unless strictly necessary." Then people start filing in. "I will head to the roof of the theater and observe. The two of you, keep watch on another rooftop. I'll signal you when we need to strike." Unless interrupted, Jane will start sneak-running over to the back wall of the theater, and then climb to the roof.

[Rooftop]

Ashley nods and leans in to kiss Ally, grabbing her hands. "Absolutely. Just name it."
    Last edited by Devixer; 2012-04-18 at 09:19 PM.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ogre in the Playground

Streets Outside Trog's, Chasing Lintha

Javert grumbles. She had somehow gotten wherever sshe was so fast! But, he saw the direction she went. So he doesn't walk, he's not all that fast. Instead the drow shade lets his body change into an inky black avatar of shadow. It bursts into the sky with a loud noise. It looks like a swirling mass of smoke, constantly whirling. It flies like a bullet viewing the streets of Inside. It has wonderful eyes and eventually sees Lintha. He couldn't let her run! She was drunk, wounded, and bent on revenge....not good...of course, he was just as angry at whoever bombed him. The failed assassination attempt stirred the drows paranoia. He'd have to go through his list of enemies later. He shoots to the ground with the force of a bullet. He'll smash into the ground by Lintha. He'll then change back to normal Javert. Lintha! Wait!

11. - Top - End - #281

[Rooftop]

Ally kisses her back, then whispers her desire for the mage to do many fun, curtainy things to her. But she doesn't want to get to actual sex yet.

12. - Top - End - #282

[Rooftop]

Ashley almost develops a permanent blush at this point, but not exactly because she's embarrassed. She whispers back, "All of that and more, sweetheart."

13. - Top - End - #283

[Rooftop]

I don't want to go too fast, babe... But if you're fine with it... Ally is blushing just as much as Ashley is.

14. - Top - End - #284

[Rooftop]

"Are you okay with it? I only want to go as fast as you do." Ashley says.

15. - Top - End - #285

[Rooftop]

Ally thinks for awhile, admiring Ashley's body while she does so. ... How about we just take it slow tonight?

16. - Top - End - #286

[Rooftop]

"Of course, my love," Ashley says, and moves so that she's next to Ally, rather than on top of her. "We can still cuddle, right?"

17. - Top - End - #287

[Rooftop]

Sure, Ash. The thief grins and snuggles up against the mage, kissing her cheek.

18. - Top - End - #288

[Rooftop]

Ashley slides her hand across Ally's stomach. "I'm glad we decided to do this," she says after sighing.

19. - Top - End - #289

[Rooftops]

Me too... Ally smiles. Hey, is your head feeling any better?

20. - Top - End - #290

[Rooftop]

"I feel fine. Much better than fine, now," Ashley dreamily says as she tries to run her fingers through Ally's hair.
    Last edited by Devixer; 2012-04-18 at 10:32 PM.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    Jane closes her eyes and thinks for a few moments. "Keep an eye on her. Make no action unless strictly necessary." Then people start filing in. "I will head to the roof of the theater and observe. The two of you, keep watch on another rooftop. I'll signal you when we need to strike." Unless interrupted, Jane will start sneak-running over to the back wall of the theater, and then climb to the roof.
    Teq nods and watches Jane go before turning his attention to the shadow at his back. He whispers through his mandibles, so as not to alarm the civilians by... well... talking to his shadow.

"Fade. Find a vantage point and watch that window. In case she comes back," He's talking about Demon Queen, who seems to have retreated out of sight.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

22. - Top - End - #292
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hipho View Post
    Alley Near DFI

Mr. Nameless might notice a three foot tall t-Rex in a top hat riding a magicians's wand silently float up beside him. He's shuffling a deck of cards and looking boredly off into the distance. If the man turns his head to look at Jurassico he'll scooch a bit forward on his wand and offer one of his tiny hands to shake. Jurassico. Magician, villain, and brightener of people's days through the magic of chaos.
    Alley Near DFI

The guy won't be able to shake his hand, since there are razor sharp strings between his hands. It isn't a good idea to come from behind and he may notice that the guy seemed to stop just in time.

"Hi." he says annoyed.

"You should really work on your introduction little T-Rex. A good villain never introduce himself as one to other people."

He jumps down, now that the T-Rey has spoken the others may have noticed them as well. The guy looks normal, so no wings there the whole time he is here.

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    Teq nods and watches Jane go before turning his attention to the shadow at his back. He whispers through his mandibles, so as not to alarm the civilians by... well... talking to his shadow.

"Fade. Find a vantage point and watch that window. In case she comes back," He's talking about Demon Queen, who seems to have retreated out of sight.
    Fades voice will come right next from Teq's ear. Fade hasn't seen the Queen, or didn't notice her since he was in his shadow from the time leaving the ship.
    ((I'm not sure how much abilitys Jane has, but until she is a mage she shouldn't know that Fade is there as well. Still she could assume Fade is in contact with Teq))

"Wouldn't it be better to sneak in? I think I'm able to go inside without being noticed."
    Last edited by Zefir; 2012-04-19 at 01:50 AM.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

23. - Top - End - #293
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Fades voice will come right next from Teq's ear. Fade hasn't seen the Queen, or didn't notice her since he was in his shadow from the time leaving the ship.
    ((I'm not sure how much abilitys Jane has, but until she is a mage she shouldn't know that Fade is there as well. Still she could assume Fade is in contact with Teq))

"Wouldn't it be better to sneak in? I think I'm able to go inside without being noticed."
    "If you won't be detected, go ahead. I'll keep an eye out," Teq confirms, nodding toward the shadow-creature. He turns and looks for a good vantage point, then retreats toward a nearby alley.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

24. - Top - End - #294

And the cold shiver returns as Fade's shadow starts heading for the theater. He will try to use every shadow possible to hide. If it isn't possible to go through the front he will try other ways like sewer, windows etc.

As long as he hides in a shadow it isn't possible to see him with the pure eye. The only way to notice him is the small magical aura around him.

25. - Top - End - #295

GnomeWizardGuy

Alley Near DFI

Ah see, a great villain knows the person he's introducing himself to and weather or not the person already knows he's a villain. You were at the zoo. You know and don't care. So I'm going to take a guess and say that you have a set of morals similar to mine and wouldn't mind killing and causing a bit of chaos.
    Spoiler: Those That Came Before
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

26. - Top - End - #296

Alley near DFI

Ivaz does indeed notice the pair now. She rolls her eyes a little at the sight of Jurassico, and watches the other man with some interest in her eyes.

The others might note that, at some point in the time between the DFI and here, Ivaz changed out of the orange dress and back to her normal clothes.

Theater Area

I think we're going to have to get inside, Shrike. It doesn't look like there's anything going on out here.

Graveyard

The wind seems to be picking up more than usual. Could just be strange weather. It happens. What the most likely cause, though, is the big swirling vortex hovering about ten feet in the air. Anybody nearby that can sense magical power will be picking up a lot of it from the portal.

A body falls out, hits the ground, and doesn't move. The portal closes, leaving no trace it was there. Except for the body, of course.

The body, should anybody see it and decide to take a closer look, is female. Mid to late twenties. Short, black hair with green streaks. Wearing a denim skirt, a green t-shirt, a denim hacker, and sneakers. Also has a shoulder bag. One might also see that the back of her jacket and shirt are completely destroyed.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

27. - Top - End - #297

Alley Near DFI

The man looks up at the tiny flying Rey.

"Your wrong. I'm not a person causing chaos like you, my moral is much different from yours. And even if you saw me I would never call myself villain. That way you called yourself guilty. I just don't follow the stupid life the authority force us into."

28. - Top - End - #298

GnomeWizardGuy

Alley Near DFI

Jurassico shakes his head. I called myself a villain not because I'm guilty but because I'm anti-hero. Anti-those-meddlesome-little-gits-who-tried-to-stop-me-at-the-zoo. So I figure if they're going to hate me, call me a villain, and try to stop me, why not embrace the villain persona and FIGHT BACK. So really, weather you consider yourself guilty or not isn't t my concern. My concern is if you're as tired as I am with the "heros" of the Nexus meddling where they don't belong.
    Spoiler: Those That Came Before
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

29. - Top - End - #299

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [Clarissa's Showdown]

That "curved sickle thingie with a ball and chain on the end" (Kusarigama, I think) sadly doesn't quite do the trick to counter the very heavy armor of the evil beastie elite kill squad. *It has quite the opposite of the intended effect, really. *The monster attempts to use superior leverage to yank Dexterity Dave close to him if he can manage to snag the chain with both hands. *This attempt, however, leaves him stupidly open for another different attack from Dexterity Dave, one that will take the strength of the rigid armor into account.

Intelligence Dave is in luck! *At long range, the fluid drain ceases to work! *Now he only has to fix the woman up. *And then after that he'd better treat the other slowly dying guy Clarissa herself sliced open. *And then the third one that you aren’t supposed to know about yet.

One of those rude warrior “men” is dead. *The other two are wearing helmets that protect their eyes fairly well against the glassy eye irritants.

Hey. *What's up that that dead dude's body? *And that black vortex swirling into existence over him and OH DANG! *Did a surreal black beak just smash out of the portal leading to the abyss and snatch up that dead dude before ducking back into the portal to chomp on it. *And what's up with Clarissa's sudden costume change! *She's wearing a pitch black uniform hugging all of her curves. *The pants appear to be made out of a glossy, coal-black latex-like substance. *It isn’t real latex, though. *Those things rip and tear so easily! *Not good armor for any situation at all, they are. *The shine is fashionable only. *No telling what the stuff actually does without prodding it first, though. *Coupled with the black leather belt with the fist-sized buffered gold skull-shaped buckle, it looks really, really nice on her. *Or maybe she looks really, really, really nice in it. *Hard to say with reasonable certainty. *Those high-walled spit-shined military black boots go well with it too. *As a top, she wears a polyester midnight-black military dress coat with a black v-cut t-shirt underneath it. *Of course, the top button is unfastened to provide some level of hypnotic advantage and initial distraction to some specific enemy-types. *Purely for tactics, you know. *Sacrifices for an art. *Or maybe art for a sacrifice. *You never can truly gauge that with the finicky Clarissa. *And is that a…SS cap she’s sporting? *No. *The insignia is all wrong. *It is the same stylistically but the insignia is a flat red metal handprint. *This insignia is located both in the center of the front of the cap just above the brim and atop the spot where her heart would be were Clarissa human. *The black leather gloves are an elegant touch too.

Since Dave isn’t being amenable to Clarissa’s wishes, she hops to her feet like a loaded spring, casts a sideways glance at the enemy who is struggling to reel her in with his whip-like tentacles, and zaps him enthusiastically while charismatically smirking at Dave. *She still hasn’t pulled out all of the stops yet.

Dave hasn’t left her much of a choice on how to proceed either. *This is totally as much his fault as it is her’s.

“Dave? *You really want to fight these guys, then go right ahead. *I won’t stop you, but I won’t necessarily help either.”

Clarissa scampers up atop the hood of a nearby car and reclines upon it, hands acting as pillows cradling the back of her head to guarantee maximum comfort.

Meanwhile, her foe appears to be busy staring at a nearby building. *It is obviously recovering from one of Clarissa’s staggering blows.

Well, it might have been doing that before psychically ripping a poor soul out of the side of the building and throwing the paste-to-be at the ground.

“What’s fun about these guys is that if they take damage, innocent lives are forfeit ‘cause that’s how they dramatically heal and roll. *If you insist on helping me take one out, then you obviously want to kill it more than I do. *My quota for today is filled, so knock yourself out before they knock you out!”

“I’m not at all being territorial over who finishes it. *No. *Wherever did you get that idea?”

[LIE]Territorial? *Clarissa?[/LIE] **Fails bluff check.* *Yeah. *That’s pretty darn accurate and drastic, I’d say.

Clarissa's Showdown
    Dave sighs.
    "The reason why I'm doing this is because we're talking when this stuff is done with."
    Dexterity Dave sees that the man is reaching behind for the chain while he's strangling him, so he yanks hard on the chain, trying to make the man fall.

Then Strength Dave nods at Intelligence Dave(who disappears) and then begins lumbering over to the (possibly)fallen man.

And then Real Dave simply throws shurikans at the guy no one is really dealing with, just for distraction purposes.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

30. - Top - End - #300
    Titan in the Playground

[Streets of Inside - the Chase from Limit Street]

Dragan keeps up the chase, counting on the goop to slow the woman down enough for him to catch up with her eventually.
    Anatolij, meanwhile, drives through the streets, avoiding the actual gardens and yards. If he destroys someone's property, he'll never hear the end of it and besides, he leaves wanton destruction to all these so-called vigilante "heroes". Instead, he drives fast through the streets, roughly in parallel to the direction the fugitive and his soldier are going, intending to cut off her escape route.

[Inside Warehouse Raid]

Dipsnig stays behind the turret as the truck drives. He's actually looking forward to using it. If stealth isn't an option, the favourite goblin way of eliminating opposition is to do it with a big gun from a safe distance.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.