New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 38 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [Bleachitp:Reborn] Mortal World IV

Kina whip-turns her head. "What do you honestly think of Sayaka?"
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

2. - Top - End - #272
    Ogre in the Playground

"Ah, I thought you might ask that. Well, I really like her, but I also really like you. I feel very fortunate to have met the two of you. I bet what you really want to know is whether or not I have romantic feelings for her. Well I do, but I have them for you just the same. I'm sorry I am this way. I just want to keep getting stronger so I can protect both of you and make you happy. You and Sayaka give my life a sense of purpose. You're my first two real friends and you're very special to me. I feel a strong connection to you two, because I think both of you could use help opening up more to people and to become more confident in yourselves and so could I. You and her give me that help and I want to give it back." Ken clearly looks like he's anticipating a negative response.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-09-03 at 01:41 PM.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Titan in the Playground

"So, uh, do you have romantic feelings for every girl you meet? You kinda, um, act in a similar way towards all of us." Kina looks away from Ken. "You've only really known me for... a week? That's not enough time to say something like "You're my reason for living." I think... I think you should find out what you actually want."

Kina walks out of the room, not waiting for Ken to respond.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ogre in the Playground

Ken followed quickly behind her. "No, I don't. Sometimes I just like giving out compliments to people I feel could use them or teasing someone like Kazari. And actually we've known each other for more than two weeks. Of course I'm sure you don't think that means much. I'm not saying you two are my only or most important reason for living. I'm saying you really motivate me to be a better person and you give me something to look forward to each day. And as for me seeming like I don't care about things sometimes, I'm sorry. I'm just naturally a very detached person in many instances and at times I find it hard to express myself. I'm sorry I've offended you. I know exactly what I want. I want you two to stay my friends above all else."
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-09-03 at 06:26 PM.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kayne650 View Post
    [Agent 09's Laboratory]

Vincent stood in front of an immense, circular machine, looking rather like a giant bubble wand due to the shimmering light flowing around the inside of the circle. He walked around the machine, checking a few dials, reading some meters, and writing indecipherable notes on a clipboard. After a few inscrutable tests, he stretched out his arm, his hand passing through the middle of the circle.

It didn't come out the other side.

Instead, Vincent's hand simply vanished into the light, becoming nonexistent from the elbow down. In this realm, at least. After a few seconds, he pulled his hand back, but with something in it. At first glance, it seemed to just be sand that fell from his outstretched fingers onto the silver-tinted floor beneath him as the light in the circle faded, the machine powering down. But Vincent knew that it was different. This wasn't sand at all; it was pure reiryoku, condensed and solidified into physical form. It was the building block of an entire realm, the starting point of entire species.

It was the sand of Hueco Mundo.

And it proved that his machine worked.
    Josiah walked into the lab just as the portal turned on. He waited in the doorway until Vincent was holding the sand in his hand. Slowly a smile crossed his face.

"Excellent! Looks like your project is a smashing success!"
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

6. - Top - End - #276
    Titan in the Playground

"Maybe it'd be best if we stayed that way." Kina smiles at him, then turns and walks back to Sayaka and her father.

She bows once again. "Thank you, Kondo-sama, but I must be going. My, um, my aunt will be expecting me home. She... she, uh, may be a bit hysterical right now."

7. - Top - End - #277
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Archbishop Angelo Damiano - Venti Buon

Having observed whatever could be observed from the kids at the limits of his tracking capability, Angelo calls it a day and returns to Venti Buon for a coffee before dinner.

His report contains observations on the reiryoku and reiatsu signature of the kids, if any, and whatever he could guess were their activities. The destruction of any hollows, if could be observed, is noted as well, to which Angelo concludes that even a Hollow-possessed child capable of goodness is heartening for Phoenix Town.

And then with a PS for any mission assignments, Angelo closes this case and orders a coffee.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

8. - Top - End - #278
    Orc in the Playground

[Abel Manor]

After some time, but slightly less than an hour, the sound of water running through the house ceases.

...However, it takes even more for Valeria to surface again. One could almost worry after another twenty minutes come and go.

But, then, Val appears. And all is revealed. Apparently it was laundry day in the Abel house. This meant that currently, all of Valeria's clothes are dirty or in the wash. She spent a lot of her after-shower time looking through the laundry room in a flustered panic.

All she could conjure from the room was one of her fathers' unused dress shirts over her underwear. And the reddest face one could ever imagine seeing on a person.

She has a seat on the couch with a wide berth from Sora, huddling her legs together and generally trying to make as little a profile as possible despite the circumstances.

Pleasedon'tsayanythingpleasedon'tsayanythingplease don'tsayanything...
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2011-09-04 at 01:17 AM.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

9. - Top - End - #279
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    [Fusichou High School]

Mayumi continued teaching her last class of the day, half of her attention still on the various reiatsu signatures that indicated the children. Had she made the right choice, letting them go on their own? Surely she could have done something to help them, like asking another Quincy to follow them. Hasunaga-san had been rather hell-bent on them going, but that man seemed...unbalanced, to say the least. He had the distinct impression of a warrior, and warriors were rarely known for logical thought processes in such situations.

When the large Hollow reiatsu appeared, Mayumi's eyes widened and she paused briefly in the middle of a lecture about cell reproduction. When the students gave her odd looks (Very little could actually surprise Yamashiro-sensei, for some reason), she waved her hand and reassured them that she had simply remembered something suddenly about her family. She then continued her lecture as if nothing had happened.

She hoped to see the children in her office soon. She was going out of her mind with worry.
    [Fushichou Town High School]
    Mayumi's Office

Soon after classes are finished for the day, Mayumi is, in fact, approached by one of the students. Only one, but what are you going to do? The student, in this case, is a slightly dirty, sweaty, and obviously half-blind Nakahiro. He feels his way up to the door, and opens it quietly, poking his head into the room. Despite his disheveled state, he still has most of the relaxed dignity for which he is known.

"Am I in the right place?"

He squints at her.
    Last edited by Dorizzit; 2011-09-04 at 07:22 AM.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    "Maybe it'd be best if we stayed that way." Kina smiles at him, then turns and walks back to Sayaka and her father.

She bows once again. "Thank you, Kondo-sama, but I must be going. My, um, my aunt will be expecting me home. She... she, uh, may be a bit hysterical right now."
    Sayaka and Haruaki
    [Houheiden]

Sayaka's father smiles.
    "You are welcome. Please come anytime."
    Sayaka looks anxiously at Kina's hands.
    "Are you certain you are ok?" She asked again.

Quote Originally Posted by nothingclever View Post
    "When I said spirits I meant the supernatural in general. Anyway, are you saying you'd actually eat her if she bullied either of us?" Ren asked incredulously.
    Kazari
    [With Ren]

"Of course." Kazari answered with satisfaction guaranteed.
    Last edited by Kasanip; 2011-09-04 at 07:49 AM.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ogre in the Playground

@tgva8889: Shortly after Sayaka and Haruaki see Kina off and she starts making her way down the long path of steps that lead to the shrine...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ken hurriedly follows after her again appearing very anxious. "I'm sure you're tired of talking to me right now and I don't want to pester you, but I just wanted to ask you a few things. Would you please come over here sometimes and help tutor Sayaka and do school stuff with us in general? She's asked me for help with homework and you know her father is worried about her. I figure it's a nice excuse for all of us to spend time with each other. We could always go to your house or to mine instead if you'd prefer since it's quite a walk to get here. I also have a question about your powers. I know I said I wouldn't ask about them, but I just want to know if you can do that super fast moving thing Sora and Izumi did. If you can, would you please teach me? I'm confident I can learn it and if I do I want you to be the one to teach me. I'd really like it if you'd stay over sometime so I could make you dinner too."
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-09-04 at 08:07 AM.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Josiah walked into the lab just as the portal turned on. He waited in the doorway until Vincent was holding the sand in his hand. Slowly a smile crossed his face.

"Excellent! Looks like your project is a smashing success!"
    Vincent doesn't turn to look at Josiah, but a smile crosses his face when Josiah proclaims his success. He takes the sand and places it on a nearby table, separating it and beginning to study it.

"It is a success, at least so far. I am afraid that, despite the size of the portal, I am still limited to transportation of relatively small objects, but I should be able to transport small mammals and other complex organisms by tomorrow. For the time being, it still has rather...distressing side effects." He held up the arm he had put through the portal, and odd blue lines snaked their way up his fingers down to his wrists, though they seemed to be receding already.

"I don't know what it is, but my Quincy powers seem to be keeping it at bay. I imagine that the reiatsu that blankets the area of Hueco Mundo is harmful to ordinary humans, but usual methods of spiritual transportation - Senkaimon, Garganta and the like - acclimate the body to the change in ambient spiritual pressure. Unfortunately, I'm still trying to get that particular feature into my machine. My Quincy powers allow me to reabsorb the reishi here fast enough to return my body to a normal state, but we wouldn't be able to survive there at this rate. But I am much closer to a true success, yes."

Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    [Fushichou Town High School]
    Mayumi's Office

Soon after classes are finished for the day, Mayumi is, in fact, approached by one of the students. Only one, but what are you going to do? The student, in this case, is a slightly dirty, sweaty, and obviously half-blind Nakahiro. He feels his way up to the door, and opens it quietly, poking his head into the room. Despite his disheveled state, he still has most of the relaxed dignity for which he is known.

"Am I in the right place?"

He squints at her.
    Mayumi's head raises from a small stack of quizzes that she had been grading when Nakahiro opens the door. As soon as she can see his eyes, she knows that something went very wrong. She stands up, moving over to him carefully so as not to startle him.

"Wada-san? Yes, you are in the right place." Opening the door, she placed a gentle but firm hand on his shoulder and guided him to one of the chairs in her office.

"Thank you for coming to see me, Wada-san. I was hoping you might be able to tell me what happened." She asked this while still standing, preparing some tea for herself and Nakahiro. Her tone was gentle with hints of compassion.
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Titan in the Playground

"Um, I already promised Sayaka I'd help her with her studies. The other thing... I don't know what Sora and Izumi can do. So I couldn't say. Um, do you mind if we talk about this later?"

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ogre in the Playground

"Not at all. I just have a little more to say. I promise I won't say any more stupid things to other girls, I'll act nicer to Kaito, apologize to him for always being at odds with him and I'll try to be his friend and I'll act and be more caring in general. I'm sorry about that time when I goofed around with Sayaka to the point that you became so uncomfortable you decided to leave early. I also apologize for not seeming to care enough when you were trying to fight the mind control of the hollow that attacked her. I didn't rush you straight to the shrine since I thought you might be able to quickly overcome it the way I did if I helped. I was very inconsiderate. Thanks for listening to me. I'm sorry for keeping you. I'll leave you alone now." Ken bows to emphasize his seriousness and runs back up the steps.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-09-04 at 03:41 PM.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Orc in the Playground

[Houheiden Shrine]

Shortly after Ken and Kina make their way back up the steps, a diminutive shinigami follows up slowly. Adjusting his glasses, Hamasaki Hibiki looks up the shrine steps.

I hope Yamashiro-sensei doesn't mind... We can always meet them all together tomorrow.

As their teacher makes his way up the stairs, he can almost hardly be recognized. The black robes he wears are tidy and unsoiled, and he seems to be surrounded by an aura of mist. On his back, a short tonto with blue wrappings is secured. But the silvery blue hair and absent-minded look are unmistakable as Hibiki's.

Even after reaching the shrine proper, however, Hibiki does not approach the kids; though he doesn't exactly make a point of staying hidden. For now, he is content in surveying his surroundings.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Vincent doesn't turn to look at Josiah, but a smile crosses his face when Josiah proclaims his success. He takes the sand and places it on a nearby table, separating it and beginning to study it.

"It is a success, at least so far. I am afraid that, despite the size of the portal, I am still limited to transportation of relatively small objects, but I should be able to transport small mammals and other complex organisms by tomorrow. For the time being, it still has rather...distressing side effects." He held up the arm he had put through the portal, and odd blue lines snaked their way up his fingers down to his wrists, though they seemed to be receding already.

"I don't know what it is, but my Quincy powers seem to be keeping it at bay. I imagine that the reiatsu that blankets the area of Hueco Mundo is harmful to ordinary humans, but usual methods of spiritual transportation - Senkaimon, Garganta and the like - acclimate the body to the change in ambient spiritual pressure. Unfortunately, I'm still trying to get that particular feature into my machine. My Quincy powers allow me to reabsorb the reishi here fast enough to return my body to a normal state, but we wouldn't be able to survive there at this rate. But I am much closer to a true success, yes."
    Josiah moved closer, a light frown on his face as he studied Vincent's hand. He gave a slight nod after a moment.

"Still. It's much more of a success than previous attempts. But yes, I'd imagine Senkaimon especially have some sort of "auto-compensator" built in. Garganta, maybe a bit less so."

He tapped his chin in though, eyeballing the current portal setup.

"Can you send and receive radio signals through this? I could always rig up some sort of recon drone or the like, and send it through."

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mei and Serazel's Apartment]

Mei is currently resting in her wheelchair, trying to focus on her legs, trying to get them to move... when she feels a slight twinge.

Then a bit more. And her leg shifts. "Yes!"

The triumphant shout may well attract Serazel's attention.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

18. - Top - End - #288
    Orc in the Playground

He's back practically instantly, though he doesn't reveal his presence at first.

But Mei would likely know anyway. There was just something about her Fraccion that let her always know when he was there.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ogre in the Playground

Mei takes the arms of the chair...

and, for the first time in weeks, stands.

And takes a few steps. "Okay. Now that's done..."

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Titan in the Playground

"You did what you thought was right."

Kina walks away, her face entirely blank. After a while, she takes out her phone and sends a message to Kaito.

Spoiler
    Show
    Hi.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ogre in the Playground

Ken stands at the top of the steps for a while thinking about what just happened. I feel awful... Well at least each of us has a better idea of how the other feels. I hope this event brings us closer together instead of causing us to drift farther apart. He turns around to see Hibiki coming up the path. It doesn't take long for Ken to recognize him given his short stature. He decides to call out to him. "So I guess you're one of the people that Elder, the big bad ancient menos hollow, said was watching over us." He was wearing shinigami garb, had a supernatural aura around him and he was constantly nearby as their teacher. He was in a class with a bunch of other spiritually empowered people. It all made sense.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-09-04 at 10:05 PM.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Mei takes the arms of the chair...

and, for the first time in weeks, stands.

And takes a few steps. "Okay. Now that's done..."
    "Are you... fully healed, Mei-sama?" The tone of concern was obvious in his voice.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ogre in the Playground

Mei take a few more steps, steadying. "I think so, yes."

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"You did what you thought was right."

Kina walks away, her face entirely blank. After a while, she takes out her phone and sends a message to Kaito.

Spoiler
    Show
    Hi.
    Kaito was riding along with Reiji and his maid when he got the text. His eyebrows rose in surprise, but he replied quickly.

Spoiler
    Show
    Hi Kina. Everything alright? What's up?

25. - Top - End - #295
    Titan in the Playground

Kina texts as she walks. For someone whose hands hurt too much to touch anything moments ago, she typed pretty fast.

Spoiler
    Show
    Just wanted to be sure everything was alright. On my way home now. Couldn't stay there.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by nothingclever View Post
    "So I guess you're one of the people that Elder, the big bad ancient menos hollow, said was watching over us." He was wearing shinigami garb, had a supernatural aura around him and he was constantly nearby as their teacher. He was in a class with a bunch of other spiritually empowered people. It all made sense.
    Hibiki raises an eyebrow at the mention of a menos. They'd crossed paths and lived? How interesting. And a bit disturbing.

"You could say that, Go-kun." He doesn't really elaborate, simply taking in the scenery.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

27. - Top - End - #297
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Kina texts as she walks. For someone whose hands hurt too much to touch anything moments ago, she typed pretty fast.

Spoiler
    Show
    Just wanted to be sure everything was alright. On my way home now. Couldn't stay there.
    Kaito frowned at that wording.

Spoiler
    Show
    On my way to where we're staying for now.
    What do you mean, you "couldn't stay there"? Is something wrong at the shrine?

28. - Top - End - #298
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Mayumi's head raises from a small stack of quizzes that she had been grading when Nakahiro opens the door. As soon as she can see his eyes, she knows that something went very wrong. She stands up, moving over to him carefully so as not to startle him.

"Wada-san? Yes, you are in the right place." Opening the door, she placed a gentle but firm hand on his shoulder and guided him to one of the chairs in her office.

"Thank you for coming to see me, Wada-san. I was hoping you might be able to tell me what happened." She asked this while still standing, preparing some tea for herself and Nakahiro. Her tone was gentle with hints of compassion.
    Nakahiro allows himself to be guided, and sits gratefully in the chair, hanging his umbrella off of the back. He nods as Mayumi asks him to reveal the events of the day. As he opens his mouth to respond, however, he seems to realize something and shuts his mouth. After a few seconds he speaks, quietly.

"Before I do...I have to know...what is your connection to-" he waves his hands as he grasps for words. "-all of this?" From the emphasis, it is obvious he means the spiritual world as a whole, not the day's incident.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Ogre in the Playground

"So, what brings you here?" Ken simply stares at Hibiki, his face expressionless as it so often is. He puts his worries regarding Kina aside for the moment and listens intently for whatever his teacher has to say. This was his first time speaking to a shinigami other than Izumi. He wondered if this one was like her or if he was a native of the spirit world.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Kaito frowned at that wording.

Spoiler
    Show
    On my way to where we're staying for now.
    What do you mean, you "couldn't stay there"? Is something wrong at the shrine?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Just didn't want to. Nothing wrong. Just wanted to leave.

Kina debated for a moment whether or not to say anything else, then decided she may as well.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ken being weird.