New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Nation of the Dead: House of a Thousand Corpses

Razor Bite's attack cracks the skeleton's right arm, speading hairline fractures throughout it. It gives an audible groan in response to the strike, though still able to fight. However, Razor Bite's deft tumbling prevents the skeleton from being able to get a blow in edgewise.

The second skeleton follows up the first's attack, coming up alongside Slaughterknife and attacking the construct. However, its flailing blow is dodged by Slaughterknife, striking only the air.

Meanwhile, the three-headed skeletal butler takes a step to the left, lifts his cane, and aims it like a crossbow at Razor Bite. Its three heads muttering to each other - "A little to the right", "No, just an oonce to the left", "Just shoot it!" The tip of the skeletal cane explodes, launching a bony shard at the flying imp. The shard successfully strikes the imp, piercing his arm. (9 damage)

Peering in through the window, Moldebrin raises his hands and casts a spell over his allies, imbuing them with healing magic.

Finally, the ponderous zombie lumbers towards Slaughterknife. It halts a few feet away, too slow to actually attack the construct.

Initiative
    Spoiler
    Show

Initiative
    Skeleton Servant #1 (23)
    Razor Bite (23)
    Skeleton Servant #2 (20)
    Skeleton Butler (19)
    Moldebrin (12)
    Zombie Servant (9)
    Slaughterknife (3)

Map
    Spoiler
    Show

I no longer actively read the forums, and probably won't respond to any PMs. I'm fine with people using my homebrew in anything, including fan-compilations and wikis, as long as you credit me.

Homebrew by The Demented One.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Troll in the Playground

The ungodly automaton unconsciously moves trying to react to the skeletal creatures, unable to dodge one of them. Once the clawed hand rips at his livewood core he stiffens and his metal jaw opens slightly...
    His eyes gleam red and a raging howl issues from his open maw, reverberating as if in a metal encasement, the simple hatred in his gleaming eyes quickly turns to even more simple lust for blood. He quickly takes his twisted blade in both hands and holds it high over his head, aimed for the skeleton that cut him and swings as hard as he can two times.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Raging, -4 for Power Attack, +8 damage.
    Attack 1: (1d20+13)[23]
    Damage 1: (3d6+21)[31]
    Attack 2: (1d20+8)[10]
    Damage 2: (3d6+21)[31]
    (Extra 1d6 for damage due to punishing stance)
    My Deviantart, Please enjoy it.
    Invincible Maiden Avatar by GryffonDurime.

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew by Krimm Blackleaf

3. - Top - End - #63
    Barbarian in the Playground

Hearing the commotion the fight, Moss dashes towards it, using the large holes that Slaughterknife made.

"An interesting creature, it is indeed, Moss." the insane Mind Flayer babbles. "Let us see how it looks when it is unmoving." Letting out a chuckle, Moss levels his undead finger at the foes, firing a ray of flame out.

Spoiler
    Show
    Moss moves to where he has a line of sight, then spends 6 power points on Energy Ray (fire), shooting it at the Three-headed butler.

Attack: (1d20+7)[19]
    Damage: (6d6+6)[26]
    Most excellent Watcher avatar courtesy of GryffonDurime.

Games:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Characters:
    Watcher From Behind the Mirror in God-Kings of Lotus and God-Kings of Lotus: Heroes of Lotus

4. - Top - End - #64

((How high is this window?))

5. - Top - End - #65
    Troll in the Playground

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Ghal Marak View Post
    ((How high is this window?))
    The hole in the wall (which is more than just the window) is 5 ft. high, 15 ft. wide).
    I no longer actively read the forums, and probably won't respond to any PMs. I'm fine with people using my homebrew in anything, including fan-compilations and wikis, as long as you credit me.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Troll in the Playground

Slaughterknife's attack hits the skeleton hard, causing it to reel back. Hairline fractures spread throughout its whole skeleton, and it crumbles to pieces even as it tries to make one last desperate counterattack. It goes up in a cloud of dust, leaving Slaughterknife caked with bonemeal. Meanwhile, Moldebrin's healing spell runs its course through the construct, repairing some of the more minor damage he has incurred. (Heal 1 hp)

Initiative
    Spoiler
    Show

Razor Bite (23)
    Skeleton Servant #2 (20)
    Skeleton Butler (19)
    Moss (15)
    Moldebrin (12)
    Janar (11)
    Zombie Servant (9)
    Slaughterknife (3)

Map
    Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by The Demented One; 2008-02-29 at 08:48 PM.

7. - Top - End - #67

Janar didn't want to get near the fight at all, but logic dictated that if the mission given them was to be completed he would need to step in. He concentrated on that hard, dark core within his soul, and directed the energies to the soles of his feet. Once done, he simply walked up the wall and entered the room. After that he walked up the wall to remain out of most of the skeletons attack range. "Need some help good fellows?"

8. - Top - End - #68
    Troll in the Playground

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

I've edited Janar into the initiative order, just waiting on Razor Bite to go.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    -5 to 9 damage unless silver or holy, and healing 2 for fast healing for 58/60 hp.

Razor Bite wheels as the crossbow bolt rips through his arm, but laughs as the hole begins to seal immediately.
    Seems like you came ill equiped. Too bad.
    With a giddy laugh, he cuts around the zombie to flank the skeleton flailing against his iron death machine. Aiming at the neck, he makes a dive bomb for a node of necromantic energy.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+17)[20] and to hurt- (1d4+2)[4] (2d6)[5] Heading up once, right three, then down three, left into hitting the skeleton, then flying 10 ft up again.
    The Bear is Back.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Troll in the Playground

Razor Bite's attack hits home, but doesn't seem to be terribly effective, leaving only a slight gash in the skeleton's collar bone.

The skeleton ignores the imp flitting above it, instead turning its attention to Slaughterknife. It flails out with its claws and its bony fangs. Its jaws are rebuffed by Slaughterknife's thick composite armor, but its claws hit home, leaving great gashes that ooze oil in the construct's body. (16 damage)

The skeletal butler, seeing his first attack fails, lets loose another shard of flying bone at Razor Bite. However, the imp spritefully doges the ossified shard, which embeds itself into the crumbling molding of the antechamber.

Moss moves into position to get a clear shot at the butler, coming in through the window and brushing past Slaughterknife. The blast of fire he manifests strikes the three-headed skeleton square in its heads. One of its three skulls bursts into flames, and is reduced to ashes. Its two heads stare agape at the smoldering stump of there lost companion, and chatter with rage.

Janar enters the room, climbing up to the top of the wall to survey the room.

The zombie takes aim at Slaughterknife and launches a clumsy blow at it, but its rotted fist merely bounces off the construct's reinforced chestplate.

Initiative
    Spoiler
    Show

Razor Bite (23)
    Skeleton Servant #2 (20)
    Skeleton Butler (19)
    Moss (15)
    Moldebrin (12)
    Janar (11)
    Zombie Servant (9)
    Slaughterknife (3)

Map
    Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by The Demented One; 2008-03-02 at 10:23 PM.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Troll in the Playground

The raging automaton bellows in anger, but not in pain as the skeleton rips away some of his livewood core. Slaughterknife then begins to swing his blade at the skeleton, reducing some of his accuracy for raw power. As he swings there's an unnatural metallic rumble coming from deep within him, vestigially happy with the violence he's creating, even if it has no blood or pain.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -5 for power attack, +10 to damage.
    Attack 1(+2 for flanking): (1d20+14)[25]
    Damage 1: (3d6+23)[34]
    Attack 2(+2 for flanking): (1d20+9)[22]
    Damage 1: (3d6+23)[34]
    And again, +1d6 damage included for Punishing Stance.
    Edit: If I kill it in one hit, direct the second attack at the zombie.
    Last edited by Krimm_Blackleaf; 2008-03-03 at 10:01 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #72
    Troll in the Playground

Slaughterknife's blade sings through the air, striking both the skeleton and the zombie. The skeleton is devastated by the attack, minute cracks spreading throughout all its body. It likes like a touch would be all it takes to reduce it to a pile of bonemeal. His second stroke deftly impacts the zombie, removing the upper half of its head, exposing its decayed brain. Its eyeballs, freed of the upper half of their sockets, hang down, lolling gently back and forth.

Initiative
    Spoiler
    Show

Razor Bite (23)
    Skeleton Servant #2 (20)
    Skeleton Butler (19)
    Moss (15)
    Moldebrin (12)
    Janar (11)
    Zombie Servant (9)
    Slaughterknife (3)

Map
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

Seeing the minor effect his blows are having, Razor Bite curses in half a dozen languages.
    Damn undead are still tough to handle! What I'd give for a nice juicy elf right now! It wouldn't last a second under my sting! But maybe I can help in another way...
    Twirling through the air, he passes by both his undead adversaries. While in flight, he snaps his fingers and insantly becomes invisible. Continuing on for a few more feet, he then yells to the skeleton butler.
    Hey! Seems your missing a friend, moron!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tumble (1d20+18)[38] Moving 15 ft foreword, becoming invisible, then 5 ft left. Is there any way I can run a "piss him off so he shoots into the air" check?
    The Bear is Back.

14. - Top - End - #74

Janar analyzed the battle field, and selected the Butler as the most threatening opponent.. at least to himself. He raised his hand and pointed at the butler. Once again siphoning off power from that hard knot of power within his soul, his hand emits a ruddy ray that leaps out to strike the butler.

Spoiler
    Show
    The Attack is a Brimstone Blast. Reflex DC to avoid catching fire is 16.

Attack: (1d20+8)[11]
    Damage: (5d6)[15]

15. - Top - End - #75

"This city is foolish, Moss." the Mind Flayer mutters has he prepares to blast the butler once again. "Skeletons walking around, serving no one. What is the point!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Moss once again spends 6 power points to blast the butler with fire.

Attack: (1d20+7)[12]
    Damage: (6d6+6)[26]

Games:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Characters:
    Watcher From Behind the Mirror in God-Kings of Lotus and God-Kings of Lotus: Heroes of Lotus

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Bluff it is [roll]1d20+12
    The Bear is Back.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Damn. (1d20+12)[20]
    The Bear is Back.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Troll in the Playground

Razor Bite tries to provoke the skeletal butler, but his taunts seem inneffective. Rather than rashly attacking, the two skulls simply glare towards the space where they last saw the imp, and call out "One might be gone, but just wait until...the master...is in!"

The badly damaged skeleton seeks to escape, withdrawing from melee with Slaughterknife. It retreats, cowering among the rubble and hoping to recuperate.

The butler, seeing the wounded skeleton's retreat, takes measures to aid it. It waves its skeletal cane, the tip of which glows with an eldritch luminosity. A similar light begins to come from Moss's body, illuminating his skeleton through his reanimated body. There is a sickening crunch, and a scant few shards of bone are torn from his skeleton, ripped out of his body (3 damage). The shards float lazily over to the cowering skeleton, and seem to fuse with its own bones, healing its wounds somewhat.

Moss lets out another stream of psionic fire, but the butler neatly sidesteps it. The ray impacts the staircase, causing part of the handrail to collapse into ash, but nothing more.

Moldebrin's Turn

Initiative
    Spoiler
    Show

Razor Bite (23)
    Skeleton Servant #2 (20)
    Skeleton Butler (19)
    Moss (15)
    Moldebrin (12)
    Janar (11)
    Zombie Servant (9)
    Slaughterknife (3)

Map
    Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by The Demented One; 2008-03-06 at 09:38 PM.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

Watching as his companions leap, flutter, and crawl through the window, Moldebrin shrugs and attempts to join them. "I don't suppose this is actually, in some obscure way, helping us? We seem to be burgling rather than investigating, but I'm willing to be shown why that impression is mistaken once we're out of this er... situation. That we have ourselves in."

If moldebrin can get through the window with a standard action left, he casts bull's strength on himself.
    "It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg."
    - Thomas Jefferson

20. - Top - End - #80
    Troll in the Playground

Moldebrin makes his way through the window, taking a place by Slaughterknife. He casts a spell on himself, causing his mummified muscles to bulge, fortified with magical strength.

From his place on the wall, Janar lets forth an eldritch bolt of flaming brimstone, aimed at the two-headed butler. However, his firebolt fairs no better than Moss's, striking the floor near the butler's feet, harmlessly toasting its bony toes.

The zombie winds up for another cumbersome blow, aiming this time at Moldebrin. The attack is a direct hit, but the mummy priest's enchanted armor rebuffs it, the recoil shearing the flesh of a few of the zombie's fingers.

Slaughterknife's Turn

Initiative
    Spoiler
    Show

Razor Bite (23)
    Skeleton Servant #2 (20)
    Skeleton Butler (19)
    Moss (15)
    Moldebrin (12)
    Janar (11)
    Zombie Servant (9)
    Slaughterknife (3)

Map
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #81
    Troll in the Playground

Slaughterknife roars in animalistic revile and pushes past the decayed Illithid(Assuming he lets me pass). He holds his sword high as he runs toward the skeletal butler, holding his blade high and ready to collide with the undead creature. He reaches the abomination and swings hard, roaring unnaturally.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Power Attack, -5 for +10.
    Hit: (1d20+12)[19]
    Hurt: (3d6+23)[35]

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #82
    Troll in the Playground

Slaughterknife's attack goes wild, just barely missing the butler. The two-headed skeleton mocks the construct with a voice like a beetle's skittering, "Why's the crankshaft man so upsets? Do you think he wants to wear our fancy vest and our bow tie? Do you think he wants to bring the master his tea? Do you think he wants to eat our cake in the kitchen? WELL HE CAN'T! IT'S OUR CAKE!"

Razor Bite's turn.

Initiative
    Spoiler
    Show

Razor Bite (23)
    Skeleton Servant #2 (20)
    Skeleton Butler (19)
    Moss (15)
    Moldebrin (12)
    Janar (11)
    Zombie Servant (9)
    Slaughterknife (3)

Map
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

Razor Bite flys behind the butler, unseen, and aims his sting at the kneecap of the undead, hoping to cut energy to the skeleton's leg, leaving it helpless so Slaughterknife can smash it to pieces. He reappears with a smile on his face, hoping to distract the undead long enough for his iron companion to crush it.
    My friend here is going to crush you, bone head. And I mean CRUSH you. To a fine powder. I might even make tea from you. I hear necromantic energy is good for the bowels.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Flanking. Going for a Hamstring- 1/2 speed until heal check or magical healing if I hit. To Hit- (1d20+17)[28] Damage- (1d4)[3]
    The Bear is Back.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Troll in the Playground

Razor Bite's sting is like a wedge straight into the butler's knee joint, ripping it apart with a unpleasant crack. The butler's right leg hangs off at an odd angle - still connected and functional, but only barely.

The badly damaged skeleton moves back into combat, getting behind Slaughterknife. It might be called bravery, if the nearly-destroyed skeleton were capable of thought. It lashes out with a claw, managing to gouge through Slaughterknife's plating. Oily liquid begins to flow from the fresh wound, but the leak soon stops. (7 damage)

The butler turns on the now-visible imp, raising his skeletal cane and pointing it at Razor Bite. Once again, its tip begins to glow, and this time it is Razor Bite who can feel an eldritch tug at his bones. However, with great force of will, the imp is able to resist the butler's magic, rendering his spell futile.

Moss's Turn.

Initiative
    Spoiler
    Show

Razor Bite (23)
    Skeleton Servant #2 (20)
    Skeleton Butler (19)
    Moss (15)
    Moldebrin (12)
    Janar (11)
    Zombie Servant (9)
    Slaughterknife (3)

Map
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #85

Moving to the right as to get a better view of the butler, Moss' tentacles writher in rage.

<"The butler seems to enjoy cake."> He says both audibly and psionically. <"But does he truly understand the nature of cake? I don't think he does. It is one of the great mysteries, after all. If he did, then this would become clear to him. THE CAKE. IS. A. LIE!!!">

Sending his arm in a great sweep. Moss uses his rage-fueled powers to lift one of the great tables in the hall, and sends it flying at the butler.

Spoiler
    Show
    Moss moves diagonally forward and right to get a line of sight to the butler. Once there, he manifests Telekinetic Thrust to send the heaviest object that is in range (presumably a table) and sends it flying at the butler.

I don't know how much damage to deal, but I will make an attack roll.

(1d20+9)[11]
    Last edited by Ellas Aramond; 2008-03-11 at 10:19 PM.

Games:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Characters:

26. - Top - End - #86

Janar reconsidered his choice of target, and directed his blast at the Zombie.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack:(1d20+9)[18]
    Damage:(5d6)[18]

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

Moldebrin

Stumbling into the zombie after clambering gracelessly through the window, Moldebrin shrugs, draws his bastard sword, and aims a powerful swing with the unholy weapon at the scalp-less zombie.

"This is getting old already, you stupid shamblers."

Spoiler
    Show

To hit: (1d20+15)[25]
    Damage: (1d10+11)[18]
    "It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg."
    - Thomas Jefferson

28. - Top - End - #88
    Troll in the Playground

Moss's telekinetic powers lift up the table the undead had been previously playing cards at, and hurl it towards the butler. However, the table never hits the skeletal manservant, hitting the ground near and shattering harmlessly into splinters instead.

Moldebrin's sword hits the zombie to devastating effect, splattering organs and ichor everywhere in a fan-like spray. The zombie's torso has been torn open, and its skeleton is clearly visible. A blast of flames from Janar finishes it, causing it to burst into fire before crumbling to ashes.

Slaughterknife's Turn

Initiative
    Spoiler
    Show

Razor Bite (23)
    Skeleton Servant #2 (20)
    Skeleton Butler (19)
    Moss (15)
    Moldebrin (12)
    Janar (11)
    Slaughterknife (3)

Map
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #89
    Troll in the Playground

Slaughterknife roars when Razor Bite finishes taunting the skeletal butler, he's enjoying the praise as a creator of death he is being given, apparently...
    He holds his sword high and swings down hard, aiming his best at the creature of bones. He then takes a second blow at it, slightly less accurate than the first.
    Lastly, in his flurrying rage he swings one of his massive forearms after releasing it from his sword and he roars again, even louder.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -4 for power attack, +8 damage for sword, +4 for slam.
    Hit 1: (1d20+19)[37]
    Hurt 1: (3d6+21)[32]
    Hit 2: (1d20+14)[18]
    Hurt 2: (3d6+21)[35]
    Slam: (1d20+8)[19]
    Slam hurt: (1d4+6)[9] + (1d6)[5]
    Edit: Dammit, forgot to minus for Power Attack, so the attacks are 33, 14 and 15.
    Last edited by Krimm_Blackleaf; 2008-03-13 at 09:33 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #90
    Troll in the Playground

Only one of Slaughterknife's attacks hits, but it's enough to cut one of the skeletal butler's skulls cleanly in twain, causing it to fall to the ground, not to mention gouging the servant's spine nearly all the way through. The fallen skull-halves chatter briefly, before going silent.

Razor Bite's Turn

Initiative
    Spoiler
    Show

Razor Bite (23)
    Skeleton Servant #2 (20)
    Skeleton Butler (19)
    Moss (15)
    Moldebrin (12)
    Janar (11)
    Slaughterknife (3)

Map
    Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by The Demented One; 2008-03-15 at 10:54 PM.