New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Blazing hate A fire red nuzlocke

Quote Originally Posted by Koda the kobold View Post
    A. EXCELLENT!!! I can't wait until Oak sees them!

b. I was thinking the same thing! How would the Paras react though? It should totally be named Hilton, and be a total drama queen....evrything has to go it's way...or bad things happen....

C. Dead teammates?
    You'll find out!

Even worse when his arraigned wifey evolves.

Don't be silly. Melinda would never let that happen, there is plenty of wild pokemon to kill to put in the cake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Even worse when his arraigned wifey evolves.
    Me and Cornelius have been going around using the term "Arraigned Wifey" by the way....it was probably one of the best I've ever heard

Looking to the past to uncover the future
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Homebrew Links: Coelacanth, FoWP Pricing.

3. - Top - End - #63

Me and Cornelius have been going around using the term "Arraigned Wifey" by the way....it was probably one of the best I've ever heard
    Just as long as you don't take it as far as Squee

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Dwarf in the Playground

Heh. Funny story. One of my friend's parents thought that me and said friend should date, because her mom thought I was really nice and stuff. So, I started calling her my "arrainged wifey" and then complaining to my friends when arrainged wifey wouldn't play with me. Not that kind of play. More the kind of play where they keep me from annoying them because I'm bored. The other kind of play is... bad for me, at this age.

Just as long as you don't take it as far as Squee
    Oh. Whoops. Too late! See, that's the kind of request you make before you say something as awesome as that.

Loving the whole nuzlocke so far. Scep is.... scary? I think that's the word I want to use, but, something about it is cute. Anyway, keep up the good work! (I finished the Emerald Nuzlocke too. I loved it. Nothing else to say but thanks for the fond memories. And the nightmares.)
    Cornelius loves Illithids. Illithids love Cornelius. Therefore, all Illithids love toast and ice cubes. Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by SheepInDisguise View Post
    Haley will release the snarl, and it will bring candy upon the world!
    Username, and avatar, inspired by my favorite D&D character, an insane illithid-loving cultist sorcerer! He is cool. He has a dead illithid larvae in his brain! But that's okay. It's alive in his soul.

5. - Top - End - #65

Quote Originally Posted by Cornelius Grim View Post
    Heh. Funny story. One of my friend's parents thought that me and said friend should date, because her mom thought I was really nice and stuff. So, I started calling her my "arrainged wifey" and then complaining to my friends when arrainged wifey wouldn't play with me. Not that kind of play. More the kind of play where they keep me from annoying them because I'm bored. The other kind of play is... bad for me, at this age.

Oh. Whoops. Too late! See, that's the kind of request you make before you say something as awesome as that.

Loving the whole nuzlocke so far. Scep is.... scary? I think that's the word I want to use, but, something about it is cute. Anyway, keep up the good work! (I finished the Emerald Nuzlocke too. I loved it. Nothing else to say but thanks for the fond memories. And the nightmares.)
    The more I spread the more nightmare fuel is left

What I mean is using the equivlent of Aphrodite on arrainged wifey.

I'm suprised that more people aren't finding Pestilence scary. He prefers food that can scream and has psychic powers.

Who was your favorite character of can we all survive?

6. - Top - End - #66
    Dwarf in the Playground

The more I spread the more nightmare fuel is left

What I mean is using the equivlent of Aphrodite on arrainged wifey.

I'm suprised that more people aren't finding Pestilence scary. He prefers food that can scream and has psychic powers.

Who was your favorite character of can we all survive?
    That is an incredibly difficult question to answer. Give me a moment, I'll think of it... Out of the main cast (Memetic, Azaroth, Teddy, all them) I'd have to say Igor. I think he's part of the main team. I can relate to him. Hint: People saying "You have low self-esteem," doesn't make it better. But out of all of the characters, I'd pick... Mallie. I love science, when it's more hands-on and experimentation, so her goal caused her to stand out for me. Plus, I have a dog named Mallie. Yet, the award for most hilarious nightmare fuel goes to Tiny. "Why is this great ball covered in saliva and... Various other fluids. Hilarious! Lilypad was cool too. Ugh, don't make me choose! Too many choices! They're all so awesome...

Edit: Also, Pestilence is scary. And horrible. But Tony and StrongIron were far worse. In a good way! They were great! But let's not spark another debate about eating StrongIron's babies between Koda and you...
    Last edited by Cornelius Grim; 2011-11-10 at 10:59 PM.
    Cornelius loves Illithids. Illithids love Cornelius. Therefore, all Illithids love toast and ice cubes. Yup.

Username, and avatar, inspired by my favorite D&D character, an insane illithid-loving cultist sorcerer! He is cool. He has a dead illithid larvae in his brain! But that's okay. It's alive in his soul.

7. - Top - End - #67

That is an incredibly difficult question to answer. Give me a moment, I'll think of it... Out of the main cast (Memetic, Azaroth, Teddy, all them) I'd have to say Igor. I think he's part of the main team. I can relate to him. Hint: People saying "You have low self-esteem," doesn't make it better. But out of all of the characters, I'd pick... Mallie. I love science, when it's more hands-on and experimentation, so her goal caused her to stand out for me. Plus, I have a dog named Mallie. Yet, the award for most hilarious nightmare fuel goes to Tiny. "Why is this great ball covered in saliva and... Various other fluids. Hilarious! Lilypad was cool too. Ugh, don't make me choose! Too many choices! They're all so awesome...
    Okay Igor's admirable. What did you think of Loren (Mallie's boyfriend until he broke up with her) What's worse is she has a pit full of loyal Electrodes. No kid can go near there.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Dwarf in the Playground

Okay Igor's admirable. What did you think of Loren (Mallie's boyfriend until he broke up with her) What's worse is she has a pit full of loyal Electrodes. No kid can go near there.
    I didn't like Loren. Mallie's too awesome to break up with! Now, you may call me an obsessive fan. I may not have too much concrete evidence, but I know that Mallie's cool. Plus, I'm not even sure I remember Loren. There were so many characters that I sort of blocked out the ones that weren't overly bad (like 189) or overly good (such as Lady Robin). Loren didn't have a huge effect, so I may have blocked him out. ...Sorry. But he shouldn't have broken up with Mallie. Tomorrow, I'll locate the updates concerning Loren to respond with more solid proof to further support my right to hate all who oppose science!

9. - Top - End - #69

I didn't like Loren. Mallie's too awesome to break up with! Now, you may call me an obsessive fan. I may not have too much concrete evidence, but I know that Mallie's cool. Plus, I'm not even sure I remember Loren. There were so many characters that I sort of blocked out the ones that weren't overly bad (like 189) or overly good (such as Lady Robin). Loren didn't have a huge effect, so I may have blocked him out. ...Sorry. But he shouldn't have broken up with Mallie. Tomorrow, I'll locate the updates concerning Loren to respond with more solid proof to further support my right to hate all who oppose science!
    He didn't hate science, he just wanted a more loyal girlfriend. (Note that's probably worse though)

And too many characters is one of the best things to hear as a nuzlocker, it means you can capture, and keep things alive!

10. - Top - End - #70
    Dwarf in the Playground

He didn't hate science, he just wanted a more loyal girlfriend. (Note that's probably worse though)

And too many characters is one of the best things to hear as a nuzlocker, it means you can capture, and keep things alive!
    How was Mallie not loyal? That was the only relationship she got in. And yes, that is worse. Ah well, I'll have to start a Loren Protest Group.

Too many is never a bad thing! You made both quality and quantity super high. I was incredibly impressed with the nuzlocke. And yes, you did good with the "only 3 deaths" thing. I just don't want you to think that when I said "too many" I meant that as a bad thing, 'cause you know I didn't. It's in the rules anyway, and you tend to focus on character, so as to build up backstory. Like Teddy! Teddy was cool.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Bugbear in the Playground

Enjoying this so far, though I'm kind of hoping that not every pokemon you catch ends up with a fascination for tearing the organs out of living victims.

As for level, depends on which mons you use. Grass is x4 effective to both of Brocks pokemon, and fighting moves are x2. If you use Biollante and Pcebro on him level 15 should probably be more than enough. If you plan to use the others...probably higher.
    Happy Trixie Appreciation Day!

Old Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Stormpony Avatar by Dirtytabs

12. - Top - End - #72

How was Mallie not loyal? That was the only relationship she got in. And yes, that is worse. Ah well, I'll have to start a Loren Protest Group.

Too many is never a bad thing! You made both quality and quantity super high. I was incredibly impressed with the nuzlocke. And yes, you did good with the "only 3 deaths" thing. I just don't want you to think that when I said "too many" I meant that as a bad thing, 'cause you know I didn't. It's in the rules anyway, and you tend to focus on character, so as to build up backstory. Like Teddy! Teddy was cool.
    In the sense that a caught Linnone would do whatever he wanted while Mallie is not going to say commit genocide (Not that he would want to)

Yeah! Let's see if I can get a perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    Enjoying this so far, though I'm kind of hoping that not every pokemon you catch ends up with a fascination for tearing the organs out of living victims.

As for level, depends on which mons you use. Grass is x4 effective to both of Brocks pokemon, and fighting moves are x2. If you use Biollante and Pcebro on him level 15 should probably be more than enough. If you plan to use the others...probably higher.
    You can suggest other personalities for my pokemon before I catch them.

I'm going to use them for this fight, I see no reason to hinder myself by picking poor pokemon for a gym leader.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Barbarian in the Playground

Well, I think you are probably fine now. I had like a Lv 13 charmander and a 12 mankey for the brock fight. Your Bulbasaur should sweep brock with no effort.

Anyway, my favorite character so far is scep, I think. Mostly because he likes flesh because it tastes good. That's like pinnacle or morality for your team, unfortunately. I mean, your other pokemon are actually out to kill just to kill.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

You can suggest other personalities for my pokemon before I catch them.
    I'll get ahead of myself and go ahead with my Mt. Moon species votes then.

Well expanding on my dual-personalitied Paras idea, we could have a peaceful, kind-hearted paras infected with a destructive fungus. Could even have a dex entry that ponders about why they are so happy when death is iminent. Enta if it's a girl, Thale if it is a guy (the names are based on the name of one of the classification names of the bug killing fungus).

On the other hand, for the much more likely Zubat, I suggest one of the non-mimicing/4D-viewing children of Batric and Twitchy. Maybe a fourth wall breaker. Yeah, his father saw the fourth dimension, he can see the fourth wall.

As for Clefairy, if you repel for a Clefairy, there is something wrong with you, and might have to not advertise your Nuzlocke in my sig.

Are you planning on getting the Magikarp?

Finally, good luck with Brock, not that you'll need it with your current team.
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

15. - Top - End - #75

Quote Originally Posted by Kjata View Post
    Well, I think you are probably fine now. I had like a Lv 13 charmander and a 12 mankey for the brock fight. Your Bulbasaur should sweep brock with no effort.

Anyway, my favorite character so far is scep, I think. Mostly because he likes flesh because it tastes good. That's like pinnacle or morality for your team, unfortunately. I mean, your other pokemon are actually out to kill just to kill.
    Melinda's not to horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by EspritRequin View Post
    I'll get ahead of myself and go ahead with my Mt. Moon species votes then.

Well expanding on my dual-personalitied Paras idea, we could have a peaceful, kind-hearted paras infected with a destructive fungus. Could even have a dex entry that ponders about why they are so happy when death is iminent. Enta if it's a girl, Thale if it is a guy (the names are based on the name of one of the classification names of the bug killing fungus).

On the other hand, for the much more likely Zubat, I suggest one of the non-mimicing/4D-viewing children of Batric and Twitchy. Maybe a fourth wall breaker. Yeah, his father saw the fourth dimension, he can see the fourth wall.

As for Clefairy, if you repel for a Clefairy, there is something wrong with you, and might have to not advertise your Nuzlocke in my sig.

Are you planning on getting the Magikarp?

Finally, good luck with Brock, not that you'll need it with your current team.
    What about Geodude? And yeah probably.
    Last edited by Illven; 2011-11-11 at 02:40 AM.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

What about Geodude? And yeah probably.
    Ah, but are you actually going to use it?

Hm...all I can think of are bad rock-based names, like Rocky, Sten, Chip, (sand)Storm.

Show

17. - Top - End - #77
    Troll in the Playground

Ilven was a crazy magnet. His daughter is an evil one. This should be particularly terrifying.
    Avatar Credit: the very talented PseudoStraw. Full image:
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #78

Ah, but are you actually going to use it?

Hm...all I can think of are bad rock-based names, like Rocky, Sten, Chip, (sand)Storm.
    Maybe. Not like I have a water type. But it'd also be pain to grind.

What about personality.

Quote Originally Posted by Xondoure View Post
    Ilven was a crazy magnet. His daughter is an evil one. This should be particularly terrifying.
    There is a reason it's called Blazing hate. More than the fact that it just sounds cool.
    Last edited by Illven; 2011-11-11 at 02:55 AM.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

Maybe. Not like I have a water type. But it'd also be pain to grind.

What about personality.
    Well for Storm a PTSD-type personality, flashing back to some sort of fight (possibly comedic to the readers, such as a war against Clefairy). The others would probably be very stoic and reserved.

Show

20. - Top - End - #80

Well for Storm a PTSD-type personality, flashing back to some sort of fight (possibly comedic to the readers, such as a war against Clefairy). The others would probably be very stoic and reserved.
    By the way I'm ashamed of you all. No one thought to have Weedle be an a alliance with Gramps to prevent the bears from eating their honey! Seriously

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

By the way I'm ashamed of you all. No one thought to have Weedle be an a alliance with Gramps to prevent the bears from eating their honey! Seriously
    *facepalm* HOW DID WE NOT THINK OF THIS!?!?! Wait...IDEA FOR SINNOH!!!

Show

22. - Top - End - #82

*facepalm* HOW DID WE NOT THINK OF THIS!?!?! Wait...IDEA FOR SINNOH!!!
    Assuming I do 4th gen. And don't do Heart gold/Soul silver, because come on walking pokemon!

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

Assuming I do 4th gen. And don't do Heart gold/Soul silver, because come on walking pokemon!
    True. What's wrong with walking Pokémon? I considered not using a bike just so I could have my buddies follow me! To each his own I guess.

Show

24. - Top - End - #84

True. What's wrong with walking Pokémon? I considered not using a bike just so I could have my buddies follow me! To each his own I guess.
    No I'm saying if I do 4th gen, I'm likely to do heart gold and soul silver, because walking pokemon.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

No I'm saying if I do 4th gen, I'm likely to do heart gold and soul silver, because walking pokemon.
    ...oh. Well now I feel stupid. Remember to go either Cyndaquil or Totodile!

Anyways, trying to get into your Nuzlocke right now. Just isn't the same for me. Maybe I should stop trying to read it between classes.

Show

26. - Top - End - #86

...oh. Well now I feel stupid. Remember to go either Cyndaquil or Totodile!

Anyways, trying to get into your Nuzlocke right now. Just isn't the same for me. Maybe I should stop trying to read it between classes.
    Well who's your favorite character, who do you like the least and why for each?

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

Well who's your favorite character, who do you like the least and why for each?
    Melinda and Biollante for favorites. Melinda because she is pleasently sarcastic (as are almost all Nuzlocke protagonists when faced with the illogical world of the game), and Biollante because because, while destructive, is not absolutely vile. Yet. Plus he's kinda like Squee, and as long as he doesn't turn into a creep like Squee, he's fine.

Everyone else seems like a slight tweak to "rape, murder, torture!" as their personality, which when there are several members of the team like that and none of their goals make any sense (become the only Pidgy, kill because killing things hurts them which is awesome, "I run mazes, therefore I kill things," and my favorite: "I kill in the name of pacifism!"), tends to get old if it doesn't flat out grate on you. I'm kinda hoping that a few get knocked out just to thin out a few of the absolutely crazies. It doesn't come of as nightmare fuel, just a rediculously evil team with one trainer stuck trying to keep the crapstorm from making too big of a mess.

Show

28. - Top - End - #88
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm ashamed of myself....D:

but I like the idea of a Zubat who breaks the fourth wall! Perhaps at this point it would be one of Twitchy's grand-kids.

Looking to the past to uncover the future
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Homebrew Links: Coelacanth, FoWP Pricing.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Barbarian in the Playground

Oh damn, I forgot about Pcebro. He's definately my favorite.

30. - Top - End - #90

Everyone else seems like a slight tweak to "rape, murder, torture!" as their personality, which when there are several members of the team like that and none of their goals make any sense (become the only Pidgy, kill because killing things hurts them which is awesome, "I run mazes, therefore I kill things," and my favorite: "I kill in the name of pacifism!"), tends to get old if it doesn't flat out grate on you. I'm kinda hoping that a few get knocked out just to thin out a few of the absolutely crazies. It doesn't come of as nightmare fuel, just a rediculously evil team with one trainer stuck trying to keep the crapstorm from making too big of a mess.
    Well Scep is more he thinks the world is a maze, and wants cake. But also learned that flesh is tasty. Also he just does need to eat pokemon because Rattatas are omnivores. And I hope for pratical purposes that I change the team. I'd much prefer Fearow, or Dordio for my flier, Rattata kinda just weak, Pcebro's the only one I can see keeping based on stats.

So persumably I'll get a route 3 catch, replace something with Magikarp, and something with the Mt.Moon catch. That should give you quite a few catchs to change a personality.