New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Exploring Aatos (IC)

Welcome to Aatos, a world where kings rule, knights roam, psychics bend the world to their will, empires rise and fall, and beasts roam the wilderness. These beasts are called Pokemon, and they both kill and are killed by humans. They come in many forms, with many appearances, and are used in all parts of Aatos, from agriculture to trade to warfare. Welcome to a world of dragons and sea serpents, a world of moving forests and living boulders, a world of pokemon.

We look today upon five specks in the vast landscape of human life in Aatos. They come from different places, think and dream different things, wield different amounts of power. How will they change this world?

Keep reading to find out.
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2013-02-21 at 11:13 AM.
    Many thanks to Ceika for the wonderful avatar.

Aatos My medieval pokemon setting.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

Johto: Guardians of Legends as Julius Varro

World at War (PTA) as Francis May

GM of Exploring Aatos a Medieval PTA game.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Exploring Aatos (IC)

Janan dives behind a merchants stall, but didn't stop. He risked sneaking a peak out of the corner of his eye for his pursuer. A large bellied man waving a shiny scimitar over his head, yelling slurs and profanity at the youth, pushing people out of his way. Muk! Digging into the hard ground Janan takes off again, ducking between people as quickly as he could.

The larger man had more trouble here. Bigger crowds, harder to push his gut through. Janan turns his head to the right, catching the man's gaze go to the alleyway on the right. Janan ducks into a slight crouch, keeping his head below the crowd line, making his way to the alley on the opposite side.

Once safe in the alley, he sprints to the corner and slams himself against the wall, trying his hardest to control his breathing. Now I wait.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Theo awoke suddenly and fully. Lying still in his comfortable bed, with eyes wide open. Had I been dreaming? What brought me to my senses so quickly and why can't I remember the dream? With a turn of his head he scans the room with his eyes before scanning it with his mind. No one's in here. It must have been a dream. There's no point in staying in bed if I'm awake, I should get up. And so he throws back the covers and stands on shaky legs.

A mirror set on the wall next to his dresser shows the ravages sleep had done to him. His normally curly hair is flat on one side and sticking up in the back. His small beard is a tangle of dark blond briars that would make any self respecting gentleman flinch in aversion. He sticks out his tongue at the ghastly reflection and promptly dunks his head the wash basin across the room. A rough shake and sudden shock of cold bring the clever young man out of sleep's embrace entirely. Torch comes over from his own nightstand to warm and dry his master as Theo fixes his features. "Thank you, Torch," he says to the Litwick. Torch responds with a curt nod, as per usual for their morning routine.

About twenty minutes later Theo left his room with Torch hovering above his shoulder. The young man had cleaned himself up to look surprisingly like a self respecting individual. He was dressed in the simple, yet masterful clothing that his Lord had commissioned for his staff. Dark pants of sturdy material, offset by a pale green doublet that coincidentally matches his eyes. His rank as one of Lord Tarril's retinue is denoted by an black and copper armband over his left arm.

As he takes his breakfast, he is able to wave down a steward and ask, "Do I have any instructions for today?"

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Sparks flew as metal hit metal under the light of the rising sun. Ovelia Verene was training hard with the retired knight Sir Zairon. Her mentor was a large man with a powerful build that came from years of combat. Each blow that Ovelia couldn't dodge and was forced to block pushed her back and threw her off balance, and each time she was knocked off balance another blow came that she couldn't dodge.

Ovelia Verene knew she wasn't going to win this match and it infuriated her. While she knew the man was stronger, it was after all why she had begged him to train her, it still frustrated her to know that victory was out of her grasp and she was only stalling.

Eventually the blade in her hands was sent flying through the air as her mentor sent her sword flying with a powerful blow that her tired hands was unable to resist. With the training duel over, Ovelia's adrenaline slowly stopped and she realized how tired she was.

Despite her loss, she could tell she was getting better. This fight had lasted longer than the others had ever lasted and while she wasn't good enough to be the King's Champion she was finally starting to feel like she was taking steps, albeit small ones, towards her goal.

Ovelia bowed politely to her mentor before grabbing the brown cloak she wore and placing it back on herself. "That's the final one for today..." Ovelia said through gasps for air. The physical training was always exhausting for her. "My shift will be starting soon. Thanks again, Master Zairon." She said.

Once the respectful farewells were properly exchanged, Ovelia released Maximus and quickly began the trip to the palace. Luckily the air was cool and the breeze rushing across her face helped to let her relax and regain her breath. Upon arrival at the castle, Ovelia got to work with Sir Hector released and ready. His aura powers and ability to communicate with Ovelia had helped multiple times to keep the King safe and it was a common sight to see the two working together.

Here's hoping today is a day free of selfish noble women just wanting more money...
    Ovelia thought to Sir Hector.
    Last edited by Major; 2013-02-21 at 05:35 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Captain Rayleigh is a short, stocky man with hard muscles underneath his dusky, wrinkled skin. His hair and beard are kept short and tidy, and his moustache is waxed into immaculate curls at the end. His hair that was once jet black is now a salt and pepper that is getting more salty and less peppery every year. His bright green eyes are as sharp as ever and look to always be an instant away from laughter. His deep, smooth voice has a cultured accent typically seen among Gallun nobility.

He's wearing his favorite burgundy wool coat with silver trim. His heavy black boots have been recently polished and it would be difficult to imagine that they were the same pair that had just yesterday been covered in the refuse of naval combat. His wardrobe boy does good work. The gold ring with a cabochon sapphire gleams on his finger in stark contrast to the purple and silver coat, the wite silk shirt underneath, or the burgundy leather pants whose legs showed through underneath the coat. None of his weapons or pokeballs were visible, yet the man exuded an air of powerful confidence nonetheless.

Besides, the meeting today was not supposed to be a violent one. Of course, here in the Syreni Isles, one could never be too careful. His crew waited aboard the nearby Moon Shade ready to pick up their captain swiftly and sail away should things prove less than genteel today. When visiting on another pirate's ship from another Crew alone and unarmed, it was best to be prepared for anything. If this young hothead didn't listen to reason, well... there was a reason Bartholomew was twice the mean age of the typical pirate captain.

At last reaching the captain's cabin on the ship, Bartholomew will knock loudly and say, "Xui'chin, my good man, I am here! Open up, and let's drink up this wine before my quartermaster realizes it's missing!"
    Last edited by planswalker; 2013-02-21 at 10:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Pixie in the Playground

Ghalib relished the feeling of the saltwater spray lightly splashing against his face as the vessel pulled into port. Even though he had lived in Port Said his entire life, this was the first time he had left the marketplace and actually stepped on a boat. Earlier that day he had closed up shop and liquidated his inventory to earn passage on a merchant ship. Destination - Shipwreck Cove of the Syreni Islands.

He had given away his last egg, a wild-bred Sandshrew, to a beggar boy. "Now listen, child, and hear me well. Poverty is a mindset. You must always remember that. Everyone can be good at something, and if you're good at something, you can make money doing it. Begging is not your natural talent, that I can tell. Take this Sandshrew for instance. It is not the strongest creature of the desert - but its claws can still dig for shelter and nourishment. Its hide is not made from rock or ore, but it can bend and roll with ease to avoid slow moving predators. It does not have the sharpest eyes of the sand-dwellers - but if it did, it would be blinded by the bright sun! Instead, its snout leads it to the oases. Find your strengths, and be proud of them, my boy."

And now, staring out into the twinkling horizon of azure waves, Ghalib reflected on his own strengths. He may not be the most handsome of men, but his way with words has raised enough corners of lips of fair ladies. He may not be as successful as his brothers, but he found himself content in his cot at night. He may not be a great warrior, but he has never lost a fight. Of course, his practical knowledge of psychology allowed him to have never engaged in violent activity, but the winning streak was there nonetheless.

Above all else, though, Ghalib was a very talented Pokemon breeder. He could of made quite a bit of money breeding them for war; this is what brought his brothers riches. He could also have bred out their wild traits and crafted batches of domesticated beasts. But Ghalib thought Pokemon had the most potential as companions, even as friends. In a world where these creatures are known to commonly want to kill you, this was a very strange idea. Strange enough to entice the wealthy!

Ghalib sighed. Wealth. The amazing things one could do with it. In human society, it seemed like there was nothing more important. Ghalib considered himself lucky to find the quest for riches a pleasurable pastime instead of a struggle for survival. Perhaps this was why he found Pokemon to be so utterly fascinating. Pokemon had a society devoid of wealth or status, free of those distinctly human trappings that bound us to our own Pokeballs. He loved to observe them in their natural habitat, living only to survive another day in a chaotic world of predators and prey.

But Ghalib understood economics. He knew that without money providing the backbone of society, humans would become no different than the Pokemon they dominated. Wealth was what made you a human, and it could indeed buy happiness and sadness and any number of things if you had enough of it.

That was the very reason Ghalib found himself on this ship. Cold hard cash, and lots of it. It was waiting out there, just waiting to be scooped up by the handfuls of the brave and adventurous. The Syreni Islands, home to the sort of Pokemon that people would give their crown jewels for. Not because of their combat prowess or their ability to pull a plow, but because they were exciting! He would bring this excitement to the rich, and become a rich man himself.

Ghalib's stomach grumbled. "How long have I been pondering? All of that self-exploration sure made me hungry." He turned away from the bulwarks and headed down into the galley to see what was being prepared for tonight's meal.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MesiDoomstalker View Post
    Janan dives behind a merchants stall, but didn't stop. He risked sneaking a peak out of the corner of his eye for his pursuer. A large bellied man waving a shiny scimitar over his head, yelling slurs and profanity at the youth, pushing people out of his way. Muk! Digging into the hard ground Janan takes off again, ducking between people as quickly as he could.

The larger man had more trouble here. Bigger crowds, harder to push his gut through. Janan turns his head to the right, catching the man's gaze go to the alleyway on the right. Janan ducks into a slight crouch, keeping his head below the crowd line, making his way to the alley on the opposite side.

Once safe in the alley, he sprints to the corner and slams himself against the wall, trying his hardest to control his breathing. Now I wait.
    Though the bazaar was quite noisy during the middle of the day, you could clearly hear the angry shouting of the merchant as he waded through the crowd. His deep voice cut through the background noise like a knife.

I know you're here little rat. he shouted in an accent of a Carthaki that was born and raised in Kafrmietta. When I find you, you'll never steal again. You knew what he meant: if he caught you, you hand would be chopped off.

Where'd you go hiding? I'll find you eventually. Hari, sniff him out. We'll find him eventually.

Suddenly, he went silent, and the crowds of the bazaar flooded back into your ears. Had his pokemon picked up your scent, or were you safe?

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MintyNinja View Post
    Theo awoke suddenly and fully. Lying still in his comfortable bed, with eyes wide open. Had I been dreaming? What brought me to my senses so quickly and why can't I remember the dream? With a turn of his head he scans the room with his eyes before scanning it with his mind. No one's in here. It must have been a dream. There's no point in staying in bed if I'm awake, I should get up. And so he throws back the covers and stands on shaky legs.

A mirror set on the wall next to his dresser shows the ravages sleep had done to him. His normally curly hair is flat on one side and sticking up in the back. His small beard is a tangle of dark blond briars that would make any self respecting gentleman flinch in aversion. He sticks out his tongue at the ghastly reflection and promptly dunks his head the wash basin across the room. A rough shake and sudden shock of cold bring the clever young man out of sleep's embrace entirely. Torch comes over from his own nightstand to warm and dry his master as Theo fixes his features. "Thank you, Torch," he says to the Litwick. Torch responds with a curt nod, as per usual for their morning routine.

About twenty minutes later Theo left his room with Torch hovering above his shoulder. The young man had cleaned himself up to look surprisingly like a self respecting individual. He was dressed in the simple, yet masterful clothing that his Lord had commissioned for his staff. Dark pants of sturdy material, offset by a pale green doublet that coincidentally matches his eyes. His rank as one of Lord Tarril's retinue is denoted by an black and copper armband over his left arm.

As he takes his breakfast, he is able to wave down a steward and ask, "Do I have any instructions for today?"
    The butler was an old man. Very prim and proper, but good at his job. The Lord Tarril does not have any business meetings today. He will be spending time with his wife and children on the coast of Lake Lyra. However, you will be accompanying the Lord's nephew as he goes into town to pick out a ponyta for his riding lessons this afternoon. It shouldn't be difficult, but protocol demands that any guest of the house must be accompanied by ... The man continues for a minute as he expounds upon long and complex social customs of the nobility classes. You'd heard it all before, but he just couldn't seem to help spouting the stuff at every possible moment.

Lord Tarril's nephew had been visiting for a week already, and wasn't scheduled to leave for another three weeks. He had been sent here by his parents in another city because he had been 'unduly involved with those of menial worth' as Lord Tarril's sister had put it. In short, he had spent time with girls of a lower class and didn't follow his parents instructions, so he was sent here to cool his head. Thus far, he'd been a pain to all the servants, as he requested the most ridiculous things. Now, he wanted to learn how to ride properly, but demanded that he receive a new horse as a gift from his uncle. A gift that he would pick out.

You vaguely recognized that you had an hour before you left for the city before the butler walked off to the kitchens.
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2013-02-22 at 04:13 PM.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    Sparks flew as metal hit metal under the light of the rising sun. Ovelia Verene was training hard with the retired knight Sir Zairon. Her mentor was a large man with a powerful build that came from years of combat. Each blow that Ovelia couldn't dodge and was forced to block pushed her back and threw her off balance, and each time she was knocked off balance another blow came that she couldn't dodge.

Ovelia Verene knew she wasn't going to win this match and it infuriated her. While she knew the man was stronger, it was after all why she had begged him to train her, it still frustrated her to know that victory was out of her grasp and she was only stalling.

Eventually the blade in her hands was sent flying through the air as her mentor sent her sword flying with a powerful blow that her tired hands was unable to resist. With the training duel over, Ovelia's adrenaline slowly stopped and she realized how tired she was.

Despite her loss, she could tell she was getting better. This fight had lasted longer than the others had ever lasted and while she wasn't good enough to be the King's Champion she was finally starting to feel like she was taking steps, albeit small ones, towards her goal.

Ovelia bowed politely to her mentor before grabbing the brown cloak she wore and placing it back on herself. "That's the final one for today..." Ovelia said through gasps for air. The physical training was always exhausting for her. "My shift will be starting soon. Thanks again, Master Zairon." She said.

Once the respectful farewells were properly exchanged, Ovelia released Maximus and quickly began the trip to the palace. Luckily the air was cool and the breeze rushing across her face helped to let her relax and regain her breath. Upon arrival at the castle, Ovelia got to work with Sir Hector released and ready. His aura powers and ability to communicate with Ovelia had helped multiple times to keep the King safe and it was a common sight to see the two working together.

Here's hoping today is a day free of selfish noble women just wanting more money...
    Ovelia thought to Sir Hector.
    As you reported in to Halt, the once famous ranger who retired years ago and now works to ensure the rangers work smoothly with ear other, he hands you a sheaf of papers. Not today Ovelia. I have other work for you. A monster killed two children out in Noctowl's Hollow, and we want you to take care of it. Noctowl's Hollow was a small village in the Royal Forest.

Wilbur and a squire will ensure the King is fine for today. Wilbur was a trainee in the ranger program. Tall and awkward, he had a long way to go before becoming a full ranger.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by planswalker View Post
    Captain Rayleigh is a short, stocky man with hard muscles underneath his dusky, wrinkled skin. His hair and beard are kept short and tidy, and his moustache is waxed into immaculate curls at the end. His hair that was once jet black is now a salt and pepper that is getting more salty and less peppery every year. His bright green eyes are as sharp as ever and look to always be an instant away from laughter. His deep, smooth voice has a cultured accent typically seen among Gallun nobility.

He's wearing his favorite burgundy wool coat with silver trim. His heavy black boots have been recently polished and it would be difficult to imagine that they were the same pair that had just yesterday been covered in the refuse of naval combat. His wardrobe boy does good work. The gold ring with a cabochon sapphire gleams on his finger in stark contrast to the purple and silver coat, the wite silk shirt underneath, or the burgundy leather pants whose legs showed through underneath the coat. None of his weapons or pokeballs were visible, yet the man exuded an air of powerful confidence nonetheless.

Besides, the meeting today was not supposed to be a violent one. Of course, here in the Syreni Isles, one could never be too careful. His crew waited aboard the nearby Moon Shade ready to pick up their captain swiftly and sail away should things prove less than genteel today. When visiting on another pirate's ship from another Crew alone and unarmed, it was best to be prepared for anything. If this young hothead didn't listen to reason, well... there was a reason Bartholomew was twice the mean age of the typical pirate captain.

At last reaching the captain's cabin on the ship, Bartholomew will knock loudly and say, "Xui'chin, my good man, I am here! Open up, and let's drink up this wine before my quartermaster realizes it's missing!"
    Xui'chin quickly opened the door. His olive colored skin was common for those born in Gavent, and he had sharp almond shaped eyes. He wore the ornate red outfit that all captains of Treasure Island ships wore. A black goatee graced his chin and had been curled with wax. Come in Captin Bartholomew. He leads you to a large oak desk where he sits in an embellished chair. A chair for you sits on the other side of the desk, the side closer to the door.

I must say I was surprised when you requested to talk with me. I must admit I am a little hesitant, but I'm sure that will be cleared up when you explain what you came here for. And, if offered wine from your stores, there was no way I could refuse an invitation. Where is it from?

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

"Stolen off a Gallan cargo ship just off the coast of Attica on its way to Alph. How has your business been and where do you keep the wine goblets?" Rayleigh says as he uncorks the bottle.
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    Though the bazaar was quite noisy during the middle of the day, you could clearly hear the angry shouting of the merchant as he waded through the crowd. His deep voice cut through the background noise like a knife.

I know you're here little rat. he shouted in an accent of a Carthaki that was born and raised in Kafrmietta. When I find you, you'll never steal again. You knew what he meant: if he caught you, you hand would be chopped off.

Where'd you go hiding? I'll find you eventually. Hari, sniff him out. We'll find him eventually.

Suddenly, he went silent, and the crowds of the bazaar flooded back into your ears. Had his pokemon picked up your scent, or were you safe?
    Knew it wouldn't be that easy. Janan grabs hold of some stray refuse and starts rubbing it over his body especially his feet. It was stinky and disgusting, but it helped throw off his scent. As soon as he was satisfied, he started walking briskly away from the main street deeper into the maze of alleys. After a turn or two, he releases Patience, motioning silently for the dog to sit on his shoulder.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Scribe of Gods View Post
    Ghalib relished the feeling of the saltwater spray lightly splashing against his face as the vessel pulled into port. Even though he had lived in Port Said his entire life, this was the first time he had left the marketplace and actually stepped on a boat. Earlier that day he had closed up shop and liquidated his inventory to earn passage on a merchant ship. Destination - Shipwreck Cove of the Syreni Islands.

He had given away his last egg, a wild-bred Sandshrew, to a beggar boy. "Now listen, child, and hear me well. Poverty is a mindset. You must always remember that. Everyone can be good at something, and if you're good at something, you can make money doing it. Begging is not your natural talent, that I can tell. Take this Sandshrew for instance. It is not the strongest creature of the desert - but its claws can still dig for shelter and nourishment. Its hide is not made from rock or ore, but it can bend and roll with ease to avoid slow moving predators. It does not have the sharpest eyes of the sand-dwellers - but if it did, it would be blinded by the bright sun! Instead, its snout leads it to the oases. Find your strengths, and be proud of them, my boy."

And now, staring out into the twinkling horizon of azure waves, Ghalib reflected on his own strengths. He may not be the most handsome of men, but his way with words has raised enough corners of lips of fair ladies. He may not be as successful as his brothers, but he found himself content in his cot at night. He may not be a great warrior, but he has never lost a fight. Of course, his practical knowledge of psychology allowed him to have never engaged in violent activity, but the winning streak was there nonetheless.

Above all else, though, Ghalib was a very talented Pokemon breeder. He could of made quite a bit of money breeding them for war; this is what brought his brothers riches. He could also have bred out their wild traits and crafted batches of domesticated beasts. But Ghalib thought Pokemon had the most potential as companions, even as friends. In a world where these creatures are known to commonly want to kill you, this was a very strange idea. Strange enough to entice the wealthy!

Ghalib sighed. Wealth. The amazing things one could do with it. In human society, it seemed like there was nothing more important. Ghalib considered himself lucky to find the quest for riches a pleasurable pastime instead of a struggle for survival. Perhaps this was why he found Pokemon to be so utterly fascinating. Pokemon had a society devoid of wealth or status, free of those distinctly human trappings that bound us to our own Pokeballs. He loved to observe them in their natural habitat, living only to survive another day in a chaotic world of predators and prey.

But Ghalib understood economics. He knew that without money providing the backbone of society, humans would become no different than the Pokemon they dominated. Wealth was what made you a human, and it could indeed buy happiness and sadness and any number of things if you had enough of it.

That was the very reason Ghalib found himself on this ship. Cold hard cash, and lots of it. It was waiting out there, just waiting to be scooped up by the handfuls of the brave and adventurous. The Syreni Islands, home to the sort of Pokemon that people would give their crown jewels for. Not because of their combat prowess or their ability to pull a plow, but because they were exciting! He would bring this excitement to the rich, and become a rich man himself.

Ghalib's stomach grumbled. "How long have I been pondering? All of that self-exploration sure made me hungry." He turned away from the bulwarks and headed down into the galley to see what was being prepared for tonight's meal.
    The ship holds a strange mixture of people: sailors who worked on the ship, merchants looking to make it big in the Isles, and warriors who thought they had a chance to escape their past life by joining a pirate crew. You will be travelling with these people along the Sea of Falling Stars, across the Stormwrack, and into the Islands where you will make landfall at Shipwreck Cove. The ship will be stopping periodically at port cities to restock and allow the passengers to stretch their legs.

The mess hall was a loud and boisterous place. Drink aplenty and fresh meat were on the menu, this would be the best you ate in a long time. After tonight, your meals will be bland: full of fish and sea biscuits.

After you sat down to eat, a man came walking down to the mess hall. He spoke confidently as the crowd listened. Hello, I am the captian of this ship. Before we set out, there are a few rules I need to set out. First, you will listen to me and my sailors without question. We talk, you listen, or we leave you at the nearest port with only the clothes on your back. Second, if you want to battle, do it on the decks. Third, we'll be stopping at port cities along the way. You're welcome to explore, but if you aren't back when we leave, we won't wait for you. He leaves quickly, and the loud chatter resumed.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

"Very well, thank you," Theo says to the butler as the man leaves. He finishes meal soon after and spends his remaining time in his room. While no one was looking he was able to practice his telekinesis to his heart's content. He went through a series of routines from floating out the pokeballs for Torch and Sparky, to untying a drawstring on his coin purse without jingling the coins inside, and opening doors while moving towards them. All things he's done before, but practice keeps him sharp and before long he feels it's time to leave. He goes out to the front of the manor and waits for his Lord's nephew.
    Last edited by MintyNinja; 2013-02-22 at 05:01 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ettin in the Playground

"Stolen off a Gallan cargo ship just off the coast of Attica on its way to Alph. How has your business been and where do you keep the wine goblets?" Rayleigh says as he uncorks the bottle.
    Goblets are in the cabinet underneath the window. An Aipom leaped down onto the mans shoulder from the rafters, and he absentmindedly stroked it.

Business has been going well. Galla has been becoming easier and easier pickings. Ever since their king died they've been struggling with internal problems. They don't have time to worry about raids. I doubt it will last, but this year's season was a good one. You?

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ettin in the Playground

Knew it wouldn't be that easy. Janan grabs hold of some stray refuse and starts rubbing it over his body especially his feet. It was stinky and disgusting, but it helped throw off his scent. As soon as he was satisfied, he started walking briskly away from the main street deeper into the maze of alleys. After a turn or two, he releases Patience, motioning silently for the dog to sit on his shoulder.
    Whether it was the lack of a proper scent or your use of dung, you saw no sign of the merchant or his pokemon. You had escaped, for today at least. You knew that at some point you were bound to get caught though.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

Whether it was the lack of a proper scent or your use of dung, you saw no sign of the merchant or his pokemon. You had escaped, for today at least. You knew that at some point you were bound to get caught though.
    Phew. C'mon Patience. The day is young. Though we should probably avoid the market for a while. Sticking to the alleyways for a little bit longer, Janan explored some of the less traveled streets in hopes of finding a public bath. He let Patience sit out on his shoulder. The little guy had a knack for picking out trouble.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

Goblets are in the cabinet underneath the window. An Aipom leaped down onto the mans shoulder from the rafters, and he absentmindedly stroked it.

Business has been going well. Galla has been becoming easier and easier pickings. Ever since their king died they've been struggling with internal problems. They don't have time to worry about raids. I doubt it will last, but this year's season was a good one. You?
    "I'd say a glass of Galla's finest wine says business has been good." Captain Rayleigh says smoothly as he got out the goblets and poured the two of them drinks. "Unless I am mistaken, you were born in Gavent. Have you kept up with how your country of birth is doing? One of my captains told me that the Gavnti port he sacked this year had fallen on hard times. Only haul worth noting was a half-dozen crates of silk."

He takes a small sip from each to show that neither was poisoned and offers one to his host.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MintyNinja View Post
    "Very well, thank you," Theo says to the butler as the man leaves. He finishes meal soon after and spends his remaining time in his room. While no one was looking he was able to practice his telekinesis to his heart's content. He went through a series of routines from floating out the pokeballs for Torch and Sparky, to untying a drawstring on his coin purse without jingling the coins inside, and opening doors while moving towards them. All things he's done before, but practice keeps him sharp and before long he feels it's time to leave. He goes out to the front of the manor and waits for his Lord's nephew.
    Even though arrive slightly early, the Nestor, the nephew, is already there complaining loudly and asking why they couldn't leave yet. There was a large carriage with two rhyhorn harnessed to it.

Would you hurry up already? I'd like to make it into the city before nightfall. Of course, nightfall was nowhere near, that didn't stop him from complaining about it.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

As you reported in to Halt, the once famous ranger who retired years ago and now works to ensure the rangers work smoothly with ear other, he hands you a sheaf of papers. Not today Ovelia. I have other work for you. A monster killed two children out in Noctowl's Hollow, and we want you to take care of it. Noctowl's Hollow was a small village in the Royal Forest.

Wilbur and a squire will ensure the King is fine for today. Wilbur was a trainee in the ranger program. Tall and awkward, he had a long way to go before becoming a full ranger.
    When Ovelia heard the news she hesitated for a moment. She knew that sometimes she'd be sent on other missions and wouldn't always be doing the same thing, but she loved her job. It wasn't her love for working at the palace and watching over the King, however, that caused the hesitation. "Wilbur, sir?" OVelia asked, trying to hide the surprise by disguising her question as just a casual one. "I mean no disrespect, but shouldn't someone with more experience shouldn't be guarding His Royal Majesty?" Ovelia asked as she took the sheet of papers and glanced through them. She didn't want it to seem like she was against the order and showing disrespect, so she tried to act casual about it.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground

Phew. C'mon Patience. The day is young. Though we should probably avoid the market for a while. Sticking to the alleyways for a little bit longer, Janan explored some of the less traveled streets in hopes of finding a public bath. He let Patience sit out on his shoulder. The little guy had a knack for picking out trouble.
    You find a bath without any trouble, and your stench ensured that pickpockets avoided you. The attendents handed you a towel and some soap while keeping their distance from you, and you were admitted into the steaming hot baths after paying the 1 drachma entry fee.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground

"I'd say a glass of Galla's finest wine says business has been good." Captain Rayleigh says smoothly as he got out the goblets and poured the two of them drinks. "Unless I am mistaken, you were born in Gavent. Have you kept up with how your country of birth is doing? One of my captains told me that the Gavnti port he sacked this year had fallen on hard times. Only haul worth noting was a half-dozen crates of silk."

He takes a small sip from each to show that neither was poisoned and offers one to his host.
    He takes the wine with a nod, though he still tests the liquid with a pinch of powder before sipping out of it. He smacks his lips and places the goblet on his table.

Indeed I did originally come from Gavent, though I'm afraid I haven't been there in quite some time. My captain seems to think that I might be tempted to return to my former life if I returned to my homeland. I'm sorry to hear that it's fallen so far though, it truly has some remarkable wonders in it.

I'm sure I could point you to some of the more lucrative cities though. I certainly remember that much about it, and I think I may have some beautifully drawn maps of the area lying around.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ettin in the Playground

When Ovelia heard the news she hesitated for a moment. She knew that sometimes she'd be sent on other missions and wouldn't always be doing the same thing, but she loved her job. It wasn't her love for working at the palace and watching over the King, however, that caused the hesitation. "Wilbur, sir?" OVelia asked, trying to hide the surprise by disguising her question as just a casual one. "I mean no disrespect, but shouldn't someone with more experience shouldn't be guarding His Royal Majesty?" Ovelia asked as she took the sheet of papers and glanced through them. She didn't want it to seem like she was against the order and showing disrespect, so she tried to act casual about it.
    He'll be fine. We've got a squire by Jonathan's side at all times, and there are knights all over the palace. It isn't perfect, but we need you in the field today, and the other two regulars left for the north a week ago. We haven't received any carrier pidgeys yet, but we're keeping our hopes up. It was obvious from his voice that he was worried. Even with 100 rangers, they had become spread too thin recently. There was just so much that needed to be done, and not enough people to take care of it.

The papers contained all the information you needed. Maps of the area with markings where the beast had been sighted. A description, with an artist's sketch on what they thought the beast looked like. They thought it was an ursaring, but nobody knew for sure, as those who had seen it had died.

At the second killing there were other tracks. We don't know if they also participated, or if they came after. Some kind of canine pokemon.

Be careful on this one Ovelia. You may be one of the King's guards, but you still have a long way to go. Don't get overconfident - we can't afford to lose you.
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2013-02-22 at 11:41 PM.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Rabid Ursaring from Prologue....fuuuuuuuuccccc

"Thank you, will do. I'll find the monster, deal with it, and get back here before you know it." Ovelia said folding up the paper and tucking it into her pouch. "Anything else before I go?" Ovelia kept her disappointment inside as she thought about the mission. She reminded herself that this job was important too. Children had died, King Jonathan was nothing but kind and he probably cared about this. Even if it didn't protect his body, killing this creature would ease his mind and help him focus on other matters. With this motivation, Ovelia found it easier to find the determination and focus she'd need.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Even though arrive slightly early, the Nestor, the nephew, is already there complaining loudly and asking why they couldn't leave yet. There was a large carriage with two rhyhorn harnessed to it.

Would you hurry up already? I'd like to make it into the city before nightfall. Of course, nightfall was nowhere near, that didn't stop him from complaining about it.
    "Yes, certainly," Theo says. His acquiescence to the young man serves as a sharp reminder why wealth is important. It made the people that had it important, and from that comes a certain amount of power. But Theo has powers of his own, and while he rides in the carriage with the young man he periodically checks in on Nestor's surface thoughts. Theo knows to talk only if his Lord's nephew starts the conversation, such is the place of personal staff.
    Last edited by MintyNinja; 2013-02-23 at 01:00 AM.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

You find a bath without any trouble, and your stench ensured that pickpockets avoided you. The attendents handed you a towel and some soap while keeping their distance from you, and you were admitted into the steaming hot baths after paying the 1 drachma entry fee.
    Janan strips wrapping his belongings in a bundle of his pants. He made sure they remained within his sight at all times. He let Fury out as well. Behave yourself. Enjoy a soak. Fury snarls, letting out a puff of smoke in Janan's face before gently lowering himself into the hot water. As Janan eased himself in, Patience cannonballs, splashing him with the steaming hot water. Yoaw! Patience giggles, little bubbles surfacing from his mouth. Fury cracks a toothy smile.

After a good long soak (avoiding splashes from Patience), Janan gets out and dons his clothes. That was good. Like it Fury. The tiny dragon doesn't look at him but he was looking far more relaxed. C'mon. Lets go see if we can find some work. Returning the dragon, Janan heads back out in search of work.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

He takes the wine with a nod, though he still tests the liquid with a pinch of powder before sipping out of it. He smacks his lips and places the goblet on his table.

Indeed I did originally come from Gavent, though I'm afraid I haven't been there in quite some time. My captain seems to think that I might be tempted to return to my former life if I returned to my homeland. I'm sorry to hear that it's fallen so far though, it truly has some remarkable wonders in it.

I'm sure I could point you to some of the more lucrative cities though. I certainly remember that much about it, and I think I may have some beautifully drawn maps of the area lying around.
    "If you would be so generous, I would be in your debt. I like to send at least one ship by those waters every year to keep me in silks to trade and rice to eat. If I could actually get the Crew to draw a profit there, I would be pleased."

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ettin in the Playground

Janan strips wrapping his belongings in a bundle of his pants. He made sure they remained within his sight at all times. He let Fury out as well. Behave yourself. Enjoy a soak. Fury snarls, letting out a puff of smoke in Janan's face before gently lowering himself into the hot water. As Janan eased himself in, Patience cannonballs, splashing him with the steaming hot water. Yoaw! Patience giggles, little bubbles surfacing from his mouth. Fury cracks a toothy smile.

After a good long soak (avoiding splashes from Patience), Janan gets out and dons his clothes. That was good. Like it Fury. The tiny dragon doesn't look at him but he was looking far more relaxed. C'mon. Lets go see if we can find some work. Returning the dragon, Janan heads back out in search of work.
    While avoiding the bazaar like the plague, work is hard to find. You could always go to one of the taverns: they were always looking for youngsters who were willing to take a trip to the outskirts of town where there were patches of berries grew. Wild pokemon frequented these patches, so the work was moderately dangerous, but the chefs didn't seem to care if their workers got injured. It paid 10 drachmas a trip.

The Bloody Hand was an option. It was a dangerous group, but opportunities awaited for those who had not morals or were desperate.

The third option was to go to the Conclave and join it. There were plenty of job listings there for those who were willing to take on danger, but they charged an initiation fee: 200 Drachmas, which you didn't have.

And then of course, there was always theft and pick-pocketing.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Rabid Ursaring from Prologue....fuuuuuuuuccccc

"Thank you, will do. I'll find the monster, deal with it, and get back here before you know it." Ovelia said folding up the paper and tucking it into her pouch. "Anything else before I go?" Ovelia kept her disappointment inside as she thought about the mission. She reminded herself that this job was important too. Children had died, King Jonathan was nothing but kind and he probably cared about this. Even if it didn't protect his body, killing this creature would ease his mind and help him focus on other matters. With this motivation, Ovelia found it easier to find the determination and focus she'd need.
    Here He tossed you a cloth tube. Inside was a bow and arrows. You might find it useful, but make sure you return it in working order. You should think about getting one for yourself someday; most rangers have one, especially those who also have flying mounts.
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2013-02-23 at 01:36 PM.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

While avoiding the bazaar like the plague, work is hard to find. You could always go to one of the taverns: they were always looking for youngsters who were willing to take a trip to the outskirts of town where there were patches of berries grew. Wild pokemon frequented these patches, so the work was moderately dangerous, but the chefs didn't seem to care if their workers got injured. It paid 10 drachmas a trip.

The Bloody Hand was an option. It was a dangerous group, but opportunities awaited for those who had not morals or were desperate.

The third option was to go to the Conclave and join it. There were plenty of job listings there for those who were willing to take on danger, but they charged an initiation fee: 200 Drachmas, which you didn't have.

And then of course, there was always theft and pick-pocketing.
    Janan has escaped a military camp as a slave of the most powerful man in the area. He wasn't afraid of danger. He seeks out the Bloody Hands for work.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!