New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: PTTA-the lost king and the Cult of Arceus

"*pant* I don't think- I can take- much more of this."
    "Servi serv vi ser. (It was quite easy.)" Zachariah looks and just realizes that Incin must have evolved part way through. He now is a long, dark red Servine. Several tongues of flame lick off of his back where vines normally would be. "Serv? (And what now?)"
    "We should probably go train Er- where did that Ralts run off to?" At that moment a small green head pokes around the hallway.
    Hey Zachariah! I was looking for you and Kater- Oh, it evolved.
    "So harsh and for no reason!"
    Except for my having a memory and your rude behavior earlier. Incin just shrugs and climbs up Zachariah's leg before heeling a force push him off.
    Don't use me as some sort of power chip in this spat. You know what you did. Era, I did expect more from you, however. Come on, we need to train. He returns to the front desk. "Is it possible to train several Pokémon at once? It's very time consuming and I still have three more that need training as soon as Katergaris and Ambrule return."
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

2. - Top - End - #812
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

You have actually seen people training several at the same time already. However, the man nods.
    "Would you like a less violent course too, sir?"

3. - Top - End - #813
    Titan in the Playground

Zachariah thinks for a second. "Nah, we're tough. Of course I still need to wait for one of my Pokémon to bring the other back from the Center, so there is no- nevermind, there they are now." Katergaris comes in, by his shoulder a recovered Ambrule. "Ambrule! Ready for some more training?"
    "As long as there are no more snakes." The flame on her head flickers as she shivers from the memory.
    "So that will be three of us..." He counts out the money, handing $75 to the man.
    Spoiler
    Show

Ambrule: 52 (Attack+Speed dumped) /4=13x30=390 (30d100+390)[1818]
    Bullet: 61 (SpAttack+Speed dumped) /4=15x30=450 (30d100+450)[1970]
    Era: 41 (Can't dump defenses, Attack+Speed dumped) /4=10x30=300 (30d100+300)[1679]

Show

4. - Top - End - #814
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

This time you get musical accompaniment to you robot destruction as Tony follows you pokemon back. Tesla wandered off some time ago.
    (Just find a song that says destroying robots to you, and that's on the background. Everyone hits level 30, and Era evolves.

5. - Top - End - #815
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"It's alright if I can do it to any of mine." Kara states liking this trainer much more than the ninja punk.

Thunder Wave.

Spoiler
    Show

Using thunder wave, auto-hit, paralyzed.

6. - Top - End - #816
    Titan in the Playground

Post Re: PTTA-the lost king and the Cult of Arceus

By the end of the training session, Era and Incin have evolved once each. Era now resembles a small girl and can actually see past her hair now. Incin meanwhile seems to have nearly lost his limbs and looks like a small forest fire, black and red where green and yellow ought to be and the vines that normally would just from his back are just charcoal. His tail looks like that of a shiny Charizard.
    Ah, a much more agreeable form. It became almost dishearteningly easy once I evolved.
    "Servi i vi! (Except for all the one's that I protected you from.)"
    "Okay children, take it easy there. Well you guys are again free to roam the town for a while. Except Era, Ambrule and Nox. I'll need you guys for something." They slit up and arrive at a store and grab some string and then head towards the outskirts of town.
    Making the Hexing Artifact (Spoilered because it's long and was mostly me playing around with "physics" and tradition behind the idea)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Era, tell Nox I need a few teeth from him. He goes through them like no tomorrow so it shouldn't bother him much." Era actually succeeds for once, likely from her gaining a feel for Aura part way through training. Nox opens his mouth and Era pulls seven loose teeth out.
    Okay, you need to controll his diet. When the inside of a dragon's mouth doesn't reak, there's something wrong. Nox just yawns. The teeth are already visibly moving around to make room for more.
    "And Era, if you wouldn't mind me dipping each tooth right here-" He moves to dip each tooth in the flame above her head.
    "What in Giratina's name are you doing!?"
    "Burning each tooth with a flame powered by life, then coating each one in Litwick wax. Lampent oil would be better, but we lack one of those. Hydriegon teeth would also be better, but you work with what you have." He continues to roast each tooth in the purple flame and then dipping it in the wax. When he was done, each tooth looked cracked from old age and yet shone like it was brand new. "And now..." he strings all of the teeth onto the string, the largest in the middle, then ties the ends together. When he was done he had a Zweilous tooth necklace. "And Era, if you would use Lucky Chant, focusing on the necklace predominantly." As she did the chant, Zachariah explained. "I'm making an artifact for hexing. It is customary to use some sort of item from the Pokémon that you travel with, and works best if those Pokémon share some sort of connection, be it through experiences or simple typing. You all being incorpreal types, (Dark, Ghost and Psychic) works quite well. In addition the Litwick wax keeps it from wearing as easily. The Lucky Chant, being the first energy to go through the artifact, attunes it so that it is not just a cool looking necklace."
    And the teeth? Era asks, finishing the chant and handing him the necklace.
    "Nothing in particular. Dark competes the trio, teeth look cool, and dragons always add a bit of extra power to a ritual."
    And why so far from town?
    "Electromagnetism screws with the ritual. It's part of why I chose you over Bullet."
    They return to town to see what everyone is up to. "I'm never going to get back to a normal sleep pattern."
    "Sleeping at night for humans is a normal sleep pattern." Zachariah returns to the gym and decides to see if the Gym Leader is taking challenges.

Show

7. - Top - End - #817
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"If they faint, sure."
    Tina charges up, only to fizzle out*. She also needs placement on the map, so if you would be so kind.

Thunder Wave - Electric
    Center - None
    No Damage - Ranged (6)
    Effect: 1 Target
    Thunder Wave cannot miss. Thunder Wave Paralyzes the target.
    Cool - 2d4 - Excitement
    -just had to use it on the ninja, didn't you.

8. - Top - End - #818
    Ogre in the Playground

The small crabs walking around caused Douglas to smile - as did keeping off his feet.

Next to him, Truse and Tundra both just sat as well - the snover making it a point to keep to the machoke's shadow where it was cooler.

Gel was, with great effort required, making a sand-castle. Somehow or other he'd conscripted Big C into helping him out, and the fact the neither of the two of them had an opposible thumb between them was making this slow going. Gel was having a blast, although Douglas wasn't as sure about Big C.

Calzoncillo had started to run a bit more - trying to get more used to his new form. Which reminded Douglas of how long it took when Truse evolved, he had -

"Gah!"

The shower of dirt coated him - although his sunglasses kept it out of his eyes. He turned to Vicuńa with a laugh. "Or maybe I under.... under." He trailed off, as Truse noted his gaze - and the machoke tensed.

"Funny running into you here, Doug!"

And gone was Douglas' pleasant attitude, replaced with a scowl. "What do you want, Raleigh?" He barked more than said. "Don't you have more school to fail?"
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

9. - Top - End - #819
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"Still los...losing every..."
    He does something very, very odd for him, in your experience. He backs down, looking down at his hands. He glances at Vicuna, and stares down, hands clenching near his pokeballs, like he wants to send someone out, but is scared to. He mutters something you can't hear.
    This is a new one.
    "So...ever regain your sight?"
    There's no malice there right now.
    "No fun fighting a cripple, after all."
    Which he manages to rally together at the last second magnificently.

"You can take the challenge. Find Koga and beat him to succeed."
    He puts his hands on a button. Are you ready?

(Major, I'm giving you a chance to think of another move you would open with before I attack, and you have 24 hours from now. Okay?)
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-02-20 at 07:23 PM.

10. - Top - End - #820
    Titan in the Playground

"Yes we are."

Show

11. - Top - End - #821
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Eshkigal View Post
    "If they faint, sure."
    Tina charges up, only to fizzle out*. She also needs placement on the map, so if you would be so kind.

*-just had to use it on the ninja, didn't you.
    Spoiler
    Show
    ...What? I thought it was...god damn it >.> So much for that idea...

Kara frowned, "Uhh that is...ummm..." She mumbled suddenly confused. She wasn't used to things not going as planned. "Why...why can't you..." The confusion on her face was apparent as she tried to figure out what to do.

Spoiler
    Show

Tina started at E7 we will say. Realizing her trainers confusion Tina will take the initiative and move to E5 and wrap.

Acc: (1d20)[4] vs 4+physical
    Damage: (1d12+20)[23]
    Wrapped for: (1d4+1)[2]

12. - Top - End - #822
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"Perhaps the move requires longer to recharge, like night shade?"
    Anansi steps above the wrap attempt before black energy springs from its fangs.
    (Night shade-center, does damage equal to level, no weaknesses or resistances applied)
    (1d20)[15] 2+sp. Def, dm ruling giving you the second part.
    Tina takes an unmodifiable 35 damage

The ninja pushes the button, dropping you.
    "Good luck, sir! Go through the door on your left!"
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-02-22 at 11:36 AM.

13. - Top - End - #823
    Ogre in the Playground

"I spent that time learning how to help people and pokemon in danger. I'm sure you chose instead to focus on how to put people into comas." Douglas snapped back.

Truse, however, had noticed Raleigh's hesitation - and also made the connection to Vicuńa. Now that the numel was a camerupt, it was like Guanaco was staring him down. Vicuńa halted his stomping, a little surprised - who was this guy that had gotten his trainer so riled up just for walking up? Douglas was usually pretty calm.

"If you need more people to hurt, you won't find any easy targets here. My family is not likely to be damaged anymore."

Anger did make it hard for Douglas to note Raleigh's lack of malice behind the sight question - it reminded him bitterly of Guanaco, of the years he couldn't see. Tundra did recall Douglas' statement earlier - about losing a member of his family - but he hadn't realized at the time that this had come close to home. Truse kept one hand on Douglas' shoulder, primarily to reassure but also as an attempt to calm the trainer.
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

14. - Top - End - #824
    Titan in the Playground

Zachariah instead looks around before finding a door, lighting any dark areas and looking things over visually and thermally.
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2012-02-21 at 03:44 PM.

Show

15. - Top - End - #825
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Raleigh looks like you've just punched him, but doesn't say anything for a minute.
    "I don't need to hurt you. The pokemon you fight seem to do a good enough job at that. Yours still look like a bunch of weak runts, Doug."
    It still sounds flat, too little emotion. Truse can tell that Raleigh's discomfort is growing. There's an attempt to have a sneer, but it's wavery and weak.

Zach: You go to the door. There is one thermal reading beyond it.
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-02-22 at 01:24 PM.

16. - Top - End - #826
    Titan in the Playground

Zachariah keeps looking things over thermally while he walks forward. A ninja gym and no trap doors except forthe entrance. This was disappointing.

Show

17. - Top - End - #827
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

To clarify, the thermal reading appears to be somewhere in the ceiling of the next room. You're still in the entrance room, which probably doesn't have any traps.

18. - Top - End - #828
    Titan in the Playground

"Curious." He walks into the room and brightens the room, moving the light into a ball to search for inconsistencies in the wall, which should cast a shadow if they exist.

If he finds nothing, he sends Ambrule to phase through the ceiling to see what is above them.
    If he finds something such as a crack, he lights it to see where it leads.
    If something else...can't account for everything.

Show

19. - Top - End - #829
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

You walk into an underground room, with sparse decorations. Ambrule phases through the walls, and several hidden doors are revealed.
    As you step forward, though, you feel a tripwire move. A dart flies by, embedding itself into the wall. However, that one seems to have been a warning shot.

20. - Top - End - #830
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"Hold up!" Kara said quickly.

Tina come back! I'm confused and can't handle you right now and you are getting hurt. I don't want to risk you dying. Let Zayne wrap this up. He's better at this fighting thing then you or I and I'm just getting you hurt by trying.

Kara nodded at Zayne as Tina moved off the field.

Quickly Zayne flew across the battle field and started with his signature attack.

Spoiler
    Show

Zayne would start at F10 due to being beside Kara. As such he doesn't need to shift yet.
    Sand Tomb
    Acc: (1d20)[12] vs 4+evasion
    Dam: (1d12+30)[41]
    Trap: (1d4+1)[5]

Shift underground to D7 and stay hidden

21. - Top - End - #831
    Titan in the Playground

You find anything, Ambrule? He makes sure to not move any more.

Show

22. - Top - End - #832
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

There are several passages, but they're all long and winding. I think they made a maze for trainers.

Anansi takes 29 damage! Anansi is down to 42 HP!
    Anansi looks agitated as it gets torn at by sand.
    (1d20)[4]
    Anansi takes four more damage! Anansi is down to 38 HP!
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-02-23 at 10:48 AM.

23. - Top - End - #833
    Titan in the Playground

"Bleck. Alright. And the odd thermal reading in the ceiling?"

Show

24. - Top - End - #834
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Ninja. What else would you expect here?

25. - Top - End - #835
    Titan in the Playground

"Well at least it's not some sort of fire trap. Everyone, get in your Pokéballs for a second. I'm gonna try and clear out this room." He recalls his team before phasing and setting off a blast of fire to trip any other wires without being harmed by the flame or traps set off, sending the fire as far as he can reach. He stops phasing after the fire clears.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Activated phasing, HP: 130/140

Show

26. - Top - End - #836
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Wires snap, traps spring, and your phasing allows you to avoid a large multitude of traps and newly revealed glass walls. The floor smokes in a few areas, until a sprinkler system turns on.
    "Aw great, this'll take minutes to stop and ages to drain."
    The ninja drops down. They're male and near your age.

27. - Top - End - #837
    Titan in the Playground

"Sorry, figured that the fire would just spring traps, not break everything. I could evaporate some ofthe water if it wouldn't set off the sprinklers again. I'd expect a poison gym to be ready to counter psychics."

Show

28. - Top - End - #838
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"Which is why we have sprinklers in case of pyrokinetics. Doesn't mean it's exactly the fastest thing to clean up though. Still, you're less intentionally destructive than the girl with the dragons.

29. - Top - End - #839
    Titan in the Playground

"Good to hear I could be worse. I assume I'm not non-destructive enough to avoid a battle, however. How many? I can go up to three without sending Ambrule to find the rest of my team."

Show

30. - Top - End - #840
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Eshkigal View Post
    There are several passages, but they're all long and winding. I think they made a maze for trainers.

Anansi takes 29 damage! Anansi is down to 42 HP!
    Anansi looks agitated as it gets torn at by sand.
    (1d10+33)[35]
    Anansi takes four more damage! Anansi is down to 38 HP!
    Kara smiled and clapped her hands together, You got this! She grinned, Let's hit him hard and with a guarantee! Do that one faint thingy!

Spoiler
    Show

Shift to E5
    Accuracy: *makes it*
    Damage: (1d10+33)[35]