New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1471
  1. - Top - End - #1111
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony LIV:E Long and Pony!

Quote Originally Posted by Eakin View Post
    I figured it was a trademark issue. Didn't Hasbro lose a lot of the rights to older gen characters for basically neglecting to reapply for them? Walmart might have been trying to save on royalty payments and figured that the older gen was "just as good."
    The notion is not mutually exclusive. I'm just saying no way was that shirt as close as it was without some kind of conscious thought that denies it simply being Did Not Do The Reasearch.

We can also include they are trying to achieve some weird broader appeal by crosswiring 80s nostalgia figuring that would sell better.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    You know, this is especially apropos, what with all the rumors floating around that Bleakbane is actually a pretty pony princess.
    Not rumors we tricked him into admitting that it was true.

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonic Robot View Post
    Pfftt, no names, your gifs... xD

Also, new avatar!
    Saw the sketch earlier is a there a big colored version?

2. - Top - End - #1112
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    Saw the sketch earlier is a there a big colored version?
    No... maybe I should ask Thanqol for one.

Edit: Oh, look what Akrim posted!

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Tectonic Robot; 2012-10-11 at 09:14 AM.

3. - Top - End - #1113
    Titan in the Playground

No... maybe I should ask Thanqol for one.

Edit: Oh, look what Akrim posted!

Spoiler
    Show
    Nice. All I got to say.

4. - Top - End - #1114
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post
    ... see, now I don't know what anything is anymore!
    OC's can be hard to keep track of. Especially other peoples.
    Short version;
    Spoiler
    Show

This is Bleakmane the Space Vampire Princess Unicorn. She was inspired by the rumours/truth/joke about Bleakbane the space Lich secretly being a Pony Princess and his undying hatred of Vampires. She only get's more ridiculous over time, and as my current avatar is a Space Pirate Princess Unicorn Vampire. Her special talent is Necromancy.
    (Seen above with Metal Mask, Thanqol's OC who is a powerful intergalactic embodiment of the spirit of unattainable joy, daughter of the Prince of Time. Her special talent is lying.)

Joyreaper is a supporting character, as Bleakmane was inspired by the Pony Princess Bleakmane rumour, she needed an equivalent of Bleakmane's long-suffering second in comand, Hopereaver. Joyreaper doesn't really have much in common with her other than that though, their power dynamics are a lot less well defined. She is a Winged Unicorn Space Vampire and wears a mask at all times. Her special talent is Blood Magic.

5. - Top - End - #1115
    Ogre in the Playground

Nice. All I got to say.
    Thank you! ^_^
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    OC's can be hard to keep track of. Especially other peoples.
    Short version;
    Spoiler
    Show

This is Bleakmane the Space Vampire Princess Unicorn. She was inspired by the rumours/truth/joke about Bleakbane the space Lich secretly being a Pony Princess and his undying hatred of Vampires. She only get's more ridiculous over time, and as my current avatar is a Space Pirate Princess Unicorn Vampire. Her special talent is Necromancy.
    (Seen above with Metal Mask, Thanqol's OC who is a powerful intergalactic embodiment of the spirit of unattainable joy, daughter of the Prince of Time. Her special talent is lying.)

Joyreaper is a supporting character, as Bleakmane was inspired by the Pony Princess Bleakmane rumour, she needed an equivalent of Bleakmane's long-suffering second in comand, Hopereaver. Joyreaper doesn't really have much in common with her other than that though, their power dynamics are a lot less well defined. She is a Winged Unicorn Space Vampire and wears a mask at all times. Her special talent is Blood Magic.
    When I get home from school, I will post all the OCs I can remember along with any arts of them I have. ^_^

6. - Top - End - #1116
    Bugbear in the Playground

So Whom the Princesses Would Destroy is really good and you should read it if you haven't already. A lower deck episode centered around the Canterlot bureaucracy. It's also hysterical.

Also, Dark Knight of Canterlot got approved by EQD! Contingent on me patching up some minor grammatical errors. Apparently hyphens and em dashes aren't the same thing. The upshot being that Tiki Snake's awesome Batmane picture will soon be front and center on an EQD story post.
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

Pony thread's official Element of Youtube

7. - Top - End - #1117
    Titan in the Playground

So Whom the Princesses Would Destroy is really good and you should read it if you haven't already. A lower deck episode centered around the Canterlot bureaucracy. It's also hysterical.

Also, Dark Knight of Canterlot got approved by EQD! Contingent on me patching up some minor grammatical errors. Apparently hyphens and em dashes aren't the same thing. The upshot being that Tiki Snake's awesome Batmane picture will soon be front and center on an EQD story post.
    *strangled noises*

Uh, congratulations on approval and stuff.

8. - Top - End - #1118
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Chapter 8 of II is finished. I think from now on I'll skip the ponythread prereading process and just publish the chapters when I'm done with them. Not that I don't appreciate the feedback when I get it, I just can't justify delaying each chapter like this. Better to just publish it and let everyone read and critique it.

Sorry for the delay. I have read both chapters. I'm afraid I don't have much to say about them. I enjoyed them, saw no real errors. Only one thing I think I should mention:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I noted in chapter 7 that the Princesses that they got 3 wishes each, but only ever used two. While I'm sure that will be a plot point later on, it does kind of feel like you just... forgot to mention them. Maybe have Dash question it?

Pfftt, no names, your gifs... xD

Also, new avatar!
    Nice! Who is this new pony?

3D pony models, by Hashbro. These look amazing.
    Spoiler
    Show

And turned into a real figurine, using 3D printing:

And a beautiful Celestia picture, because there's always room for beautiful Celestia pictures in any image dump.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

9. - Top - End - #1119
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    Sorry for the delay. I have read both chapters. I'm afraid I don't have much to say about them. I enjoyed them, saw no real errors. Only one thing I think I should mention:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I noted in chapter 7 that the Princesses that they got 3 wishes each, but only ever used two. While I'm sure that will be a plot point later on, it does kind of feel like you just... forgot to mention them. Maybe have Dash question it?

Nice! Who is this new pony?

Spoiler
    Show

And turned into a real figurine, using 3D printing:

And a beautiful Celestia picture, because there's always room for beautiful Celestia pictures in any image dump.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sera the seraphim pony. Just... going to assume she's one of Celestia's hoofmaidens, and she always hangs out in some sort of cloud mansion. Or something. ^_^''

10. - Top - End - #1120
    Troll in the Playground

Posting from a university PC so I will have to keep this brief and cover most of my screen by my seat positioning:

Saw that MLP was on at 8:30am+ and was watching something about Tardeeeeey and not getting a letter in on time. However, I was too much of a coward to keep watching when hearing the footsteps of one of my family members approaching. I guess this means I certainly can't watch the show as I don't have the mindset to handle the opinions of others. Changed the channel twice just before turning off the TV. Hopefully the university doesn't take any great interest in my internet activity or have a keylogger/regularly check the keylogger.

I believe I hear people coming this direction now and it would be best to terminate this message.
    There is no emotion more useless in life than hate.

11. - Top - End - #1121
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    Posting from a university PC so I will have to keep this brief and cover most of my screen by my seat positioning:

Saw that MLP was on at 8:30am+ and was watching something about Tardeeeeey and not getting a letter in on time. However, I was too much of a coward to keep watching when hearing the footsteps of one of my family members approaching. I guess this means I certainly can't watch the show as I don't have the mindset to handle the opinions of others. Changed the channel twice just before turning off the TV. Hopefully the university doesn't take any great interest in my internet activity or have a keylogger/regularly check the keylogger.

I believe I hear people coming this direction now and it would be best to terminate this message.
    D'awwww, yeah, I remember being all sneaky when I started watching episodes of pony. Even at school, I am all ">_>;;" when I go about with my seraphim pony avatar on the internets. :P

My family just thinks I'm kind of weird, which is true, so that's all good. ^^~

12. - Top - End - #1122
    Titan in the Playground

(No further comment required)

13. - Top - End - #1123
    Ogre in the Playground

You might want to spoil the gif, friend Soras. ^^

14. - Top - End - #1124
    Titan in the Playground

You might want to spoil the gif, friend Soras. ^^
    I'm a fan of unexpected pancreatic attacks... Also its well under the board limit

15. - Top - End - #1125
    Titan in the Playground

Sera the seraphim pony. Just... going to assume she's one of Celestia's hoofmaidens, and she always hangs out in some sort of cloud mansion. Or something. ^_^''
    Except when she's being snuggled by a lixie.
    (This isn't uncommon.)
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

16. - Top - End - #1126
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

I want that Lyra model to be a figurine. So awesome! /)^3^(\
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

17. - Top - End - #1127
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm a fan of unexpected pancreatic attacks... Also its well under the board limit
    D'aww, well, just saying. It is adorable, that's for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Except when she's being snuggled by a lixie.
    (This isn't uncommon.)
    Sera wubs you too, Lixie. :3
    Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    I want that Lyra model to be a figurine. So awesome! /)^3^(\
    Indeed! =D

18. - Top - End - #1128
    Titan in the Playground

D'aww, well, just saying. It is adorable, that's for sure.
    I'd quote Big Mac but you should know what he'd say.

19. - Top - End - #1129
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Glad to hear you enjoyed it. I'll consider your suggestion if I go back and make any changes.

20. - Top - End - #1130
    Bugbear in the Playground

D'awwww, yeah, I remember being all sneaky when I started watching episodes of pony. Even at school, I am all ">_>;;" when I go about with my seraphim pony avatar on the internets. :P

My family just thinks I'm kind of weird, which is true, so that's all good. ^^~
    Heh. I think I've finally moved past that stage - for much of yesterday and the day before, one of my blind-bag Fluttershies was hooked on the top of my laptop screen. Nobody commented on her.

(Not the family-thinks-I'm-weird stage, though, at least not with my dad. Brother #1 and my sister are very okay with it. Brother #2 comes home in a month, and we'll see how he reacts then.)
    Level 4 Bibliophile/Level 3 Bard, working toward the Bibliomancer Prestige Class

Brandon Sanderson recommender... In The Playground!

21. - Top - End - #1131
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Nah, they're all called Boris, too.
    S'why Changelings are so eager to impersonate other people...!
    So no Moose and Squirrel either I take it?

Apparently hyphens and em dashes aren't the same thing.
    -
    -
    -
    -?

Okay, so what's the difference again?

Spoiler
    Show
    It is good to be the king Princess!
    That coiffure is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    Don't be too secretive of watching a show you like. Well, okay maybe on a public computer since University is full of pod people, but you should be okay at home.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

22. - Top - End - #1132
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    -
    -
    -
    -?

Okay, so what's the difference again?
    - hyphen
    – en-dash
    — em-dash

You can normally only type hyphens on a regular keyboard, which is freaky annoying because the em-dash is supposed to be used a lot. I've set mine up so I can use the caps lock key to type special characters like this, which is helpful.

Hyphens are for joining words and stuff, as in ... "first-person"

Not sure what en-dashes are for, exactly, I don't think I've ever had to use one.

Em-dashes are much like parentheses, for when you need a separate thought in the middle of a sentence and such. Or when a character speaks and is cut off, like "He looked up. 'I was just about to—' he said, when he was interrupted again." The ellipsis (…)—which is totally not three consecutive dots but actually a single character—is also used there, but represents less of a cut off and more of a … trailing off or uncertainty.

There are tons of rules about this, also about whether to have spaces around them or not. It all depends a lot on which style guide you follow.

23. - Top - End - #1133
    Titan in the Playground

Not sure what en-dashes are for, exactly, I don't think I've ever had to use one.
    en-dashes are used in some citation formats, such as the formal citations of certain legal cases and statutes.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

24. - Top - End - #1134
    Dwarf in the Playground

Log onto Giant after much time away. Open favorite thread. Read last posts about useage for special characters in writting. Smile as knowledge is gained from website about D&D. Btw you all rock!!
    If any of you wish to follow me my twitter is @RetroGamer1224. I am fun but #NSFW

25. - Top - End - #1135
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    en-dashes are used in some citation formats, such as the formal citations of certain legal cases and statutes.
    Ah.

Looking it up again, apparently it's used in ranges too, as in 1–10 and January–June

Also in relationships as in "mother–daughter relationship" or "the court voted 5–4 to uphold the decision."

And in attributive compounds like "Pre–Civil War era" or "Pulitzer Prize–winning novel"

Quote Originally Posted by SynissterSyster View Post
    Log onto Giant after much time away. Open favorite thread. Read last posts about useage for special characters in writting. Smile as knowledge is gained from website about D&D. Btw you all rock!!
    Ponythread is full of useless trivia

26. - Top - End - #1136
    Titan in the Playground

I've never made them stay that way if they were genuinely uncomfortable.

I'
    Ah but the question is-
    (hug!)

(biiiig cheshire grin)
    Well, subconscious desires and all...

Sure, I COULD. But that's not the point. I don't change them back cause they ASK for it, I change them back cause they WANT it. Not cause I have to, but because I'm not that evil.
    (Now, this does allow the delicious cases where they clearly WANT something but feel they have to claim otherwise...)
    How dare you ninja me replying to you!?

So yeah what do you do where they are in denial about what they want? Or they've managed to deceive themselves into thinking they want something?
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

27. - Top - End - #1137
    Troll in the Playground

- hyphen
    – en-dash
    — em-dash

You gotta be ****ing kidding me.

*cough* Anyway. I've been watch a whole lotta Adventure Time recently (Trying to finish the whole thing. I'm midway through series 3) so here's an Adventure Time pony pic.

Contains Mareceline/Bubblehoof shipping.

No, I didn't come up with those names.

Large image.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

28. - Top - End - #1138
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Ah but the question is-

How dare you ninja me replying to you!?

So yeah what do you do where they are in denial about what they want? Or they've managed to deceive themselves into thinking they want something?
    Generally, I do it until they accept it. :3
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

29. - Top - End - #1139
    Titan in the Playground

You gotta be ****ing kidding me.

Pretty much my reaction too when heard of this stuff, and to some degree it still is. I can sort of see the appeal of it, at least the hyphen and em-dash, but it is rather pedantic.

I've learned to use the hyphen, em-dash and ellipsis consistently in my stories (although I bet I occasionally get them wrong), but I still completely ignore the existence of the en-dash, and in any kind of informal writing I just use the hyphen and three dots for the ellipsis.

30. - Top - End - #1140
    Titan in the Playground

Generally, I do it until they accept it. :3
    But aren't they just giving up?

By the way weren't you responsible for chibyfiying Bleakbane a while back? He certainly didn't want that to happen. Or is he just the sort of general exception to your rules?
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.