New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Jaycemonde's Corner for Inhumanely-Slaughtered Artstyles (now taking requests)

I was thinking about posting some stuff in the LGBTArts thread, but it's been a while since the last update and I don't want to get yelled at for necromancy or anything, especially since the main discussion thread was locked. I feel nervous about posting **** anywhere but a safe thread, because even this forum tends to be less than tolerant about things, but whatever.

Anyway, if enough people complain that I should keep this stuff in a "proper" thread then I'll nuke it, but in the meantime here's the thing I did for the Trans Day of Remembrance last month, since somebody said I should post it here.

Spoiler: Remembrance
    Show

And here's a bunch of crap I doodled in my sketchbook over the last couple of months.

Spoiler: The Friendly and Totally-Not-A-Spook Mister Shades
    Show

"Lawl" is totally a legit government agency.

Spoiler: Some jerkbag I haven't given a name to, yet.
    Show

Pink and green and some weird color I haven't been able to identify yet (possibly the fabled Octarine) because I can.

Spoiler: Lady Thunderthighs of Dragonsville (also known as Lt. Col. Denise Yttra)
    Show

Some dumb OC that none of you should particularly care about. She likes long walks on the beach (at night), cuddles (her favorite position is the chokehold) and stealing helicopters.

Spoiler: A couple of guns.
    Show

One that looks like a solid if basic shooter, and

one that looks like some kind of engine block on tacticooleroids.

Spoiler: Higgby, also known as High Gaylord Higgby the Dragon.
    Show

He likes to go clubbing.

Spoiler: Let's try for a classical title on this one: "Jaycemonde's Some Dork in a Hat With Another Dork in a Smaller Hat Standing by the Wayside."
    Show

"And also a small stick-figure sergal with a gun going to town on the dude standing by the wayside although he doesn't seem to notice."

Spoiler: Kitcaliber Fan Art
    Show

Inverted because she looks cooler that way.

Spoiler: Some Argonian Chick.
    Show

The Elder Scrolls is cool, yo.

Spoiler: Some dragon dude in a t-shirt.
    Show

He's probably also wearing shorts because dragon legs are too sexy to keep hidden behind fabricit's hot wherever dragon dudes live.

Most of this stuff can be found on my Tumblr or FurAffinity page, if anyone wants to see more. I dunno.

Spoiler: Copyright baloney.
    Show
    All this stuff is © to me, obvs.
    Kitcaliber the character is © to Ren Queenston and Squeedgemonster, and all the samples used in her music are © to whoever they were originally stolen from.
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is © to Bethesda Game Studios.
    The classical art style and the way things are named is probably © to some stuffy museum in Europe.

Some thoughts on how good/bad/disturbing/rad/whatever this stuff is would be appreciated, if anyone is willing to share.
    Last edited by Jaycemonde; 2014-05-09 at 06:07 PM.
    vape naesh

2. - Top - End - #2
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Jaycemonde's Creepy Corner for Inhumanely-Slaughtered Artstyles

The rules say necromancy is after 45 days, and the LGBTArts thread was last posted in 34 days ago so you'd be okay there, but you can always have your own art thread too. Dunno what else you'd have to worry about.
    I'd love to see your Argonian and similar sketches cleaned and expanded and coloured.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

I don't know much about drawing, so I can't offer much in the vein of constructiv criticism, but I think that even in these things you call doodles, you do a great job with facial expressions and postures, which makes the characters come alive. I like what you're doing. (also the little comments you added to each picture)

And the remembrance picture ... to me, it manages to convey an amount of sadness and despair I can't even try to comprehend. (I hope I did not completely misunterstand that one. )

"Children grow up to be people? All the children I knew grew up to be machines."
    ~Augustus von Fabelrath~
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Somebody should have that sigged.
    Member of Peelee's Church of Sudden Skylight

4. - Top - End - #4

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    The rules say necromancy is after 45 days, and the LGBTArts thread was last posted in 34 days ago so you'd be okay there, but you can always have your own art thread too. Dunno what else you'd have to worry about.
    I'd love to see your Argonian and similar sketches cleaned and expanded and coloured.
    Either way, I think I should stay out of there. It's not like my stuff is really particularly appropriate for the thread anyway. Which feels like a punch to the throat for me to say, but it's not exactly designed to be supportive or anything. It's just a reflection of how I feel or random cool ****.

And as much as I'd love to clean my sketches up, most of them are either directly in front of each other (like the argonian and Kitcaliber's mask) or done in pen, so it'd be impossible to improve much on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Iruka View Post
    And the remembrance picture ... to me, it manages to convey an amount of sadness and despair I can't even try to comprehend. (I hope I did not completely misunterstand that one. )
    That was the idea. It wasn't a good day. Thanks.
    vape naesh

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jaycemonde View Post
    Either way, I think I should stay out of there. It's not like my stuff is really particularly appropriate for the thread anyway. Which feels like a punch to the throat for me to say, but it's not exactly designed to be supportive or anything. It's just a reflection of how I feel or random cool ****.
    Mm? As long as it's somewhat LGBTAI related, it can go into the thread. I mean, there's a rainbow Eevee in there (I think), and the only vaguely LGBTAI thing about it is that it's rainbow.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

And as much as I'd love to clean my sketches up, most of them are either directly in front of each other (like the argonian and Kitcaliber's mask) or done in pen, so it'd be impossible to improve much on them.
    Scan/photograph them in full and trace them in Inkscape?

7. - Top - End - #7
    Colossus in the Playground

Redo it in its own piece? I think that one deserves its own do-over.

8. - Top - End - #8

Quote Originally Posted by Grinner View Post
    Scan/photograph them in full and trace them in Inkscape?
    I don't have a scanner, and using my phone's camera is how I got them uploaded in the first place. I also don't have Inkscape, but it sounds useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Redo it in its own piece? I think that one deserves its own do-over.
    Which one, exactly? I'm actually really attached to my really dirty look, since that and the way I do expressions seem to be the things I get praise for the most, and I don't really like redoing older pieces unless there's a huge technical flaw in them or I see them in a new light.
    vape naesh

9. - Top - End - #9

Riastrad!
    My first ever piece of purely digital art. I feel pretty happy with it. What does everyone else think?
    vape naesh

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

Riastrad!
    My first ever piece of purely digital art. I feel pretty happy with it. What does everyone else think?
    It is certainly evocative. The gun is blurred, but I'm guessing it's by design.

What does 'Riastrad' mean?

11. - Top - End - #11

Quote Originally Posted by TaiLiu View Post
    It is certainly evocative. The gun is blurred, but I'm guessing it's by design.

What does 'Riastrad' mean?
    Riastrad is basically the Super Saiyan form of being in a berserk rage. Specifically, it's referencing the Boondock Saints, but it's also a reference to a mythological hero. I figured it'd be a pretty cool battle cry for angry revolutionaries.
    vape naesh

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

Riastrad is basically the Super Saiyan form of being in a berserk rage. Specifically, it's referencing the Boondock Saints, but it's also a reference to a mythological hero. I figured it'd be a pretty cool battle cry for angry revolutionaries.
    Neat! What are they revolting against?

13. - Top - End - #13

Neat! What are they revolting against?
    In this case, a radical anti-transhumanist (and anti-trans other things, too, but mainly anti-talking doge people) government takeover. Technically, they're more akin to militiamen and the last line of civil defense than actual revolutionaries, but I just really love revolutionaries and stuff in general, so.
    vape naesh

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

In this case, a radical anti-transhumanist (and anti-trans other things, too, but mainly anti-talking doge people) government takeover. Technically, they're more akin to militiamen and the last line of civil defense than actual revolutionaries, but I just really love revolutionaries and stuff in general, so.
    Ah! Fascinating.

15. - Top - End - #15

Everyone knows that well-tailored suits are the perfect wardrobe for business meetings, weddings and bank robberies.
    vape naesh

16. - Top - End - #16

Default Merry New Halloweasterpendence 'Annukah!

It’s Dee-Cee, one of the demonic characters from a story I'm writing! Celebrating New Years with all the enthusiasm of a demon with no idea why humans celebrate the passing of such a short period of time!

Srsly, she's confuzzled as all hell. Someone better explain it to her.
    vape naesh

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Merry New Halloweasterpendence 'Annukah!

Srsly, she's confuzzled as all hell. Someone better explain it to her.
    Hm. Humans live much shorter lives than demons.

18. - Top - End - #18

Spoiler: Personal prose that ties into the picture.
    Show
    A hardened knight trudges across the barren wastes, delicately carrying a single flower; a single flower with vulnerable, thin red petals and slender leaves, in stark contrast to the knight’s grey armor, ablative panels and solid reassurance. He is tasked with carrying the flower to a new home, a place far from the trouble of the wastes where it can flourish and grow, where it can begin life anew. Years ago, the flower was part of a grand garden, filled with the blinding resplendence of all the colors of the rainbow and then some, beauty beyond words. Now the garden was ash, grey skin under a grey sky, and this knight stained in those ashes the only remaining caretaker. His journey had lasted many long seasons, and every time he thought he had discovered greener pastures they had hidden secrets within that nearly made him lose all hope, toxic mutations and acidic attitudes that threatened to dissolve this last remnant of beauty. The flower began wilting, but still it stayed alive, against all probability and against common sense—surely there was no pure water out here in the world, no clean soil in which the flower could put its roots. This flower’s persistence, day in and out, gave the knight the will to go on, to continue his quest. One day, nearing the end of his wit, he spied an amber haze on the horizon. Surely not the green of grass, but still a far cry from the dark loam and rock that had thus far constituted his company. While the orders given by his dying comrades were clear, he could not help but give in to his curiosity. What he found amazed him: acres of yellowed grass, the stubborn remains of a prairie that had survived the deathly holocaust. The grass, while alive, reminded him of both himself in his weathered evening years and the delicate flower. Stubborn, refusing to give up on a hopeless quest out of hope that somewhere, somehow, life had survived, that new contact could be made one day. He fell to his knees, the flower tumbling from his grasp in his awe. He tried to catch it, but his hands came up too late, and the flower shattered as if made of glass upon the amber ground. He began to weep, tears streaming down his face, contorting his regal features and creating a pitiful sight that would surely have embarrassed him in his younger years. Spent from his long journey brought to such a crashing end, he finally turned over and slept a long, dismal sleep that did not end for many days and nights. When he awoke, ready to turn into the long wasteland without the aid and protection of his faithful armor, a flash of color caught his eye. Behind him, dozens of tiny green reeds poked up from the ground, coated in crimson. He looked down at his own grey armor, now home to a long red streak of life blood, the result of his attempt to end his life in shame. The suit had prevented his death, trying faithfully to save his life, not knowing of the dreadful crime he’d committed. His life blood, along with the soil that allowed the survival of the grass, gave rise to a new garden, created from his self-sacrifice and his pursuit of hope. New life from spilt blood, from an unlikely union. Satisfied, the tears long since dried, he rested his tired body, sitting among the growing buds, their guardian for all eternity.
    vape naesh

19. - Top - End - #19

Self-pimpage tonight. Hope das cool with y'all.
    (I forgot the horns the first time sue me)
    Last edited by Jaycemonde; 2014-02-03 at 06:39 AM.
    vape naesh

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

Self-pimpage tonight. Hope das cool with y'all.
    (I forgot the horns the first time sue me)
    Ah, that explains my confusion!

21. - Top - End - #21

Ah, that explains my confusion!
    What confusion?
    vape naesh

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

TBH, I like your traditional work better. It has a very 70s, underground comic book feel to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

What confusion?
    You noted your 'self-pimpage,' then posted a picture of what appeared to be a dog. It was only until you added the horns that I saw a goat.

24. - Top - End - #24

Felt like I should start checking in on the forums and posting art again.

Spoiler: This isn't exactly art, but I can't find any of the stuff I've done recently...
    Show
    ...and I like putting avatars together in SecondLife, so here's my android character as a placeholder.

Spoiler: And me, myself and I in SL, because fudge it.
    Show
    Last edited by Jaycemonde; 2014-04-24 at 07:40 PM.
    vape naesh

25. - Top - End - #25

New avatar I whipped up for myself in about fifteen minutes. More accurate than the older one.

vape naesh

26. - Top - End - #26

Spoiler: Random doodles.
    Show
    vape naesh

27. - Top - End - #27

I figure the easiest way to get practice in consistently is to force myself to take on work that requires me to show my results, and to be honest I'm getting a bit bored of drawing the same faceless poses over and over again.

So if you have any requests, feel free to let me know. I'm not sure when I'll stop, but it'll probably be going for a while.

I prefer characters with shrouded figures, non-human features and martial/practical-looking weaponry, so if you've got any of those, send 'em in. As I do need the practice with other types of characters and objects, though, I'll attempt anything thrown at me if I feel I can handle it with my current skill level.

I do not know what the expected turnaround will be for any given request, and I will likely do them in the order I receive them, although that part isn't set in stone. Don't expect me to get back to you within an hour or two, but if I do take longer than a couple of days feel free to (politely) ask me how it's going.

Spoiler: Screw life. I'll take requests if I feel like it.
    Show
    I'm not taking requests anymore. As soon as I had the energy to devote to it life decided to punch me in the vagina and scream NO in my ear, and I've got a gigantic depressive streak now. Don't expect this to get updated for a couple of months.
    Last edited by Jaycemonde; 2014-05-11 at 04:44 AM.
    vape naesh

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm not taking requests anymore. As soon as I had the energy to devote to it life decided to punch me in the vagina and scream NO in my ear, and I've got a gigantic depressive streak now. Don't expect this to get updated for a couple of months.
    Well dang. Try to not let it bring it down entirely, as little in your hand as it is.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Don't expect this to get updated for a couple of months.
    I'll check anyway because I like your stuff.
    I go by they/them/their or he/him/his pronouns

30. - Top - End - #30

Quote Originally Posted by Domochevsky View Post
    Well dang. Try to not let it bring it down entirely, as little in your hand as it is.
    I decided I'm going to do them anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Rain Dragon View Post
    I'll check anyway because I like your stuff.
    I never actually thought anyone would say that, but thank you. I guess I just never thought this stuff was getting any attention because the forum doesn't update you on the views a thread gets, and nobody ever comments. I don't suppose you'd have anything to request drawn?
    vape naesh