New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony LIII: Stashing Ponythreads Around in Case of Ponymergency!

I'm the D to the D-D to the E-A-D-L-Y
    And ain't no other pony can my die deny
    I'm Dead Liscious!

YEAH!

So, anyway, what was this about the season finale being aired again and possible news on season 3? Apparently that went and passed without a single word, or did I miss all the fun and grand spoilers?

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony LIII: Stashing Ponythreads Around in Case of Ponymergency!

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post

So, anyway, what was this about the season finale being aired again and possible news on season 3? Apparently that went and passed without a single word, or did I miss all the fun and grand spoilers?
    Many fans suspected that yesterday's "encore presentation" of the Royal Wedding would contain the announcement of season three's release date. It did not.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    *sigh*

I'm A to N-A to the R-I-O-N
    And my name rhymes really easily, again and again.
    I'm Analicious.
    Bow chicka wow wow....
    Last edited by Gamerlord; 2012-09-09 at 06:40 AM.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

3. - Top - End - #153
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    Many fans suspected that yesterday's "encore presentation" of the Royal Wedding would contain the announcement of season three's release date. It did not.
    I thought so. I just figured the lack of information would also be announced, since a lot of expectation had been made surrounding this event.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    I thought so. I just figured the lack of information would also be announced, since a lot of expectation had been made surrounding this event.
    Otakuryuga did indeed announce it, he just did so with little fanfare.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Titan in the Playground

Everypony we made EqD

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/0...us-2.html#more

Or more appropriately Kairaven's reward recording did. Apparently without knowledge thereof...

6. - Top - End - #156
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'm the T to the W I S T E D
    And ain't no other pony spin right round like me.
    I'm Twistelicious.
    Last edited by Merellis; 2012-09-09 at 07:10 AM.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    One day, everyone here is going to try and take on the Commander and his fleet. And then we can reset the threadverse comicbook style.
    *sigh*

We're going to this, are we? Everyone gangs up on the Lich, hmm...?

Then know this. On that day, know that even when you won - because I have no illusions about defeating the upper tiers of Ponythread - those of you that survived would merely find that my fleet is but a tiny sector fleet of the Aotrs. And they would retaliate. And it would be war. And you would not win the resultant battle, even if you wiped out the Aotrs in it's entirity.

For the exact same reason that the top-end major powers haven't tried to - if it comes such that we are truly threatened with final extinction, in the process we would burn much of the galaxy with us. Long have we prepared for such an eventuality, a powerful force of do-gooders thinking they can just erase us from existance - and we are ready. We have preperations and protocols and plans and schemes, and things even I am not privy to. We would make such a victory costly. We would make it hurt. Billions, if not trillions and more, would die and worse than die in the resultant conflageration. We would, out of sheer spite, make your victory bitter and hollow and empty.

And given how even the most powerful among you can't just fix the universe - you can't even fix Earth, for crying out loud - nor, for that matter even just Ponythid - there would be no way to undo it, no deus ex machina that could repair the damage. Not even fiddling with even the timeline - because that would have knock-on effects you can't even begin to see, EVEN IF you managed to somehow overcome the fact that most of Aotrs space - like most of the galazy - is not in an area of mutable time in the first place.

Oh, you could reboot the thread... But that would not bring back the countless lives stolen on planets you've never even heard of, the unnumbered innocents who would likely have died without even knowing why.

So you must ask the question, ponythread: would that be worth it?

Never forget that there is a REASON the Aotrs have risen from an ancient, no-tech army lead by one Lich to a paramilitary organisation to one of the galaxy's major powers, despite our relatively tiny size and despite good powers several times more powerful than ourselves active in the galaxy.

And for those of your clearly so bitter about Ponythid, remember that I have never made secret of what I am, ever. I warned her, I gave her every single chance to see that I was not bluffing, nor lying nor deluding myself that was Evil, that I was serious and still she would not listen. She was convinced that blue was green and no amount of words would show otherwise. You cannot reason with such closed-mindedness. Take from her example the fact that when I say I'm Evil, I y'know, MEAN it.

My affability and civility is a thin veneer held up by my good humour, and I find less and less of that of late in the universe at large, ponythread or otherwise.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Spamalot in the Playground

I actually finished a piece of art yesterday! The Pony of Oz:
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    Aaaaaand this got coloured! YAY! so pretty...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Whoa, Deityriffic!

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    how can Celestia be soooo wrong?
    Spoiler
    Show
    I know! It's obvious that AJ should be paired with Twilight.

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    Ponythread's villains are more benign then its supposed heroes aren't they.
    Real villainy is a lot art. If only everyone was local, I could show off some of my charming antagonists in a good D&D game. I make villains players love to hate.

Quote Originally Posted by asdflove View Post
    Oh now I am imagining him with the leprechaun outfit and I can't stop giggling.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

9. - Top - End - #159
    Spamalot in the Playground

I'm the D to the I to the G O Dragon
    And I be rollin' 20s so get off of my wagon
    I'm Digolicious.

...and now my wife is laughing at the word "Digolicious". Oops.
    Maybe I'll go back to working on my MLP mod for Skyrim.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

10. - Top - End - #160
    Bugbear in the Playground

Personally...

...um...

Someone want to call me back when Ponythread's done committing rap?
    Level 4 Bibliophile/Level 3 Bard, working toward the Bibliomancer Prestige Class

Brandon Sanderson recommender... In The Playground!

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kd7sov View Post
    Personally...

...um...

Someone want to call me back when Ponythread's done committing rap?
    It'll pass in a page or two. We tend to have these phases of insanity.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, I might as well get this over with...
    I'm the G to the A to the M-E-R-L-O-R-D
    And this rhyming thing is dumb, but I might as well succumb.
    I'm Gamerlicious!
    Last edited by Gamerlord; 2012-09-09 at 09:22 AM.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ettin in the Playground

On an unrelated note, new avatar change. Past due anyway.

*relurks*

14. - Top - End - #164
    Troll in the Playground

May as well...

I'm S to the L-Y to the Guy Mac F-L-Y
    And ain't no other ponies with a hat like mine.

I'm Sly Guylicious!

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Of course. This discussion is about the banal trivia. I enjoy those, when everyone knows that's what they are. Dissecting why the continuation of biological processes is important enough to not only over-ride rational thought on a matter but also causes such thought to shut down is fun. Een ignoring the possibility of an afterlife, it is interesting how when told you will die, most people default to "oh crap no". Why? It needn't be unpleasant, and once you go you won't care anymore. Right?
    Hurray for more banal trivia discussions! The boring answer is "survival instinct". But bugger the boring answer.

My answer is that the world is a damn awesome place with awesome things and awesome people and I enjoy being in it tremendously. So screw you if you want me to leave before I choose to do so. Feel free to inform me of things that may help make the world more awesome, though. I'll keep them in mind and do what I can. In the unlikely event that making the world more awesome requires me leaving it... we'll have to talk about exactly how much more awesome the world would be. We'll work something out.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    The gist of it though is, would you honor your word and another's wishes, over your own hunger? This presumes knowing I don't want to be eaten, of course. Or that you consider yourself as much animal as human, and place such Thigs highly for the sake of your nature. I don't mind dogs eating me. If you're a dog it's cool, but that's usually a step down for most folks.
    The "respecting wishes" part of the question is simple. I have no imperative to respect that sort of wish. The nature of the wish (suffer a slow and painful death before desecrating my corpse) is such that the disrespect is fully justified to me. And since I have not and would not give my word to not eat someone under extraordinary circumstances, I'm good.
    Truth resists simplicity.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

*sees several pages of ponythreadalicious*
    Dammit, Boffinspark, what in Tartarus did you start?

Ook.
    Translation Party Engaged!
    I'm the 'I' to the 'G' to the 'O' to the 'R'
    And when it comes to hammer-wielding apes,
    I'm the one who sets the bar,
    I'm Igorlicious.

Ads are also notorious liars and suffer straight up errors much of the time. Frankly doesn't bother me because they aren't supposed to be factual, but at the same time they aren't a source for anything.

This isn't a pony rule its a general rule. I find book summaries/descriptions on dust jackets or when ordering a pretty rich source of misleading information.

And one of several reasons I think the only the shows themselves are entirely official. WoG also exists but should only be extended to a VERY limited scope after which it ends completely.

Mere corporate connection is not enough. Merch is broadly at zero already for having no bear, marketing is just at negative values for temporary and as a medium too often wrong. Course in the real world convergence can and often does happen, but until it does it hasn't.

(Also the show is copyrighted by Hasbro Studio, neither the Hub nor Discovery appear in the credits for the show. Though okay I only checked one credit reel. Hasbro Studio itself is a wholly owned subsidiary of Hasbro who separately own a 50% stake in the Hub. Technically the Hub is merely a host for US media markets. This is largely separate from canon but I see ponies try to invoke the Hub a fair bit yet the Hub has no real status.)
    The fact is, we do have some form of formal acknowledgement that Cadence is Celestia's niece, and we have a form of precedence in Prince Blueblood for Celestia to have nieces and nephews (several generations removed, technically, but still). While obviously anything in-show that contradicts this would trump the advertisement, until we receive such information it is reasonable to assume that Cadence actually is Celestia's niece.
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

16. - Top - End - #166
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OracleofWuffing View Post
    Um... Toss a hyphen after the L in Analicious.

Giggle giggle giggle immature snicker.
    Kairaven's suggestion was good, so I changed it. But you've all quoted it a couple times, so the joke will be preserved for everypony that has a juvenile sense of humor (so, y'know, all of us).

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    He's the O to the TAKU to the U-R-YO-G-A
    And eating little ponies is what he does all day!
    He's Otakulicious.
    You, uh, added an extra U.

Ads are also notorious liars and suffer straight up errors much of the time. Frankly doesn't bother me because they aren't supposed to be factual, but at the same time they aren't a source for anything.

This isn't a pony rule its a general rule. I find book summaries/descriptions on dust jackets or when ordering a pretty rich source of misleading information.

And one of several reasons I think the only the shows themselves are entirely official. WoG also exists but should only be extended to a VERY limited scope after which it ends completely.

Mere corporate connection is not enough. Merch is broadly at zero already for having no bear, marketing is just at negative values for temporary and as a medium too often wrong. Course in the real world convergence can and often does happen, but until it does it hasn't.

(Also the show is copyrighted by Hasbro Studio, neither the Hub nor Discovery appear in the credits for the show. Though okay I only checked one credit reel. Hasbro Studio itself is a wholly owned subsidiary of Hasbro who separately own a 50% stake in the Hub. Technically the Hub is merely a host for US media markets. This is largely separate from canon but I see ponies try to invoke the Hub a fair bit yet the Hub has no real status.)

I mention aristocracy by most normal standards Celestia and Luna would probably be considered to have no relatives because any relations are ridiculously removed. I'd speculate they only have consideration because Celestia must have had some form of legal heir while Luna was on the moon.

For your second point bluebloods generally like y'know blood. Also unless we are ascribing a paternal relationship on Celestia's part (which conflicts with Blueblood as "nephew" for starters) that doesn't actually help anything because being adopted would still require simply one less generation in the thousand year chain from when, presumably, the two sister's aunts/uncles were alive.

Then what the heck, I can understand everyone out of country but you seriously never encountered coffee and donuts?
    Is it important that Cadance not be Celestia's niece? I mean, I'm not giving the ad that much credit or anything, but we don't have any canon evidence contradicting it. So on one side we have what you consider to be a very weak source saying she's the niece, and on the other side we have no evidence at all. That still suggests that niece=yes should be the default interpretation unless there's some important reason why having Cadance be related to Celestia messes stuff up.

Everypony we made EqD

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/0...us-2.html#more

Or more appropriately Kairaven's reward recording did. Apparently without knowledge thereof...
    That's good I think? I dunno who sent it to them, but I hope Kairaven isn't upset.

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    *sigh*
    My affability and civility is a thin veneer held up by my good humour, and I find less and less of that of late in the universe at large, ponythread or otherwise.
    Aww, I'm sorry that existence is sapping your good humor, dear lich. Like the following picture, ponythread will try to catch you before your complete descent into madness.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Anarion; 2012-09-09 at 10:25 AM.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

17. - Top - End - #167
    Titan in the Playground

*sigh*

I would have thought being acknoledged as the End-Boss of Ponythread, the prime-evil, would be construed as more of a compliment?

And for those of your clearly so bitter about Ponythid, remember that I have never made secret of what I am, ever. I warned her, I gave her every single chance to see that I was not bluffing, nor lying nor deluding myself that was Evil, that I was serious and still she would not listen. She was convinced that blue was green and no amount of words would show otherwise. You cannot reason with such closed-mindedness. Take from her example the fact that when I say I'm Evil, I y'know, MEAN it.
    She gave you the chance to conclusively prove you are what you've always said you were, surely that's something to be thankful for?

18. - Top - End - #168
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post

*relurks*
    Looks way too huggable

Also, what's with the discussion about a lack of heroes?
    Want me to bring my OC and see what happens?
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #169
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    Looks way too huggable

Ponythread already has plenty of explosion-happy nutcases. That list is much longer than the Hero List.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

/snip
    trillions dead? methinks that is a bit on the low side

close to 8 billion on earth...and this is just one backwater little planet

i'm sure in a galaxy spanning war against the AotRS the death toll would go to at least the next level from trillions...quadrillions i guess it would be?
    --and probably a level beyond that
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

21. - Top - End - #171
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    trillions dead? methinks that is a bit on the low side

close to 8 billion on earth...and this is just one backwater little planet

i'm sure in a galaxy spanning war against the AotRS the death toll would go to at least the next level from trillions...quadrillions i guess it would be?
    --and probably a level beyond that
    A trillion is a thousand billions.

I reached that number in one game of Galactic Civilisations. At the end, on the biggest map possible, as the most populous race possible.

A trillion is a big number.

22. - Top - End - #172

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    Ponythread already has plenty of explosion-happy nutcases. That list is much longer than the Hero List.
    No one said he doesn't aim his explosions and what kind to use..... Though goes overboard every once in a while

But since they were asking for heroes....Maybe adding a (or another) Good-aligned character would do something?
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    That's her name on the MLP wiki as well.
    All right, fine. Her name is K-dans forever now.
    ... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.

24. - Top - End - #174

*sigh*

Then know this. On that day, know that even when you won - because I have no illusions about defeating the upper tiers of Ponythread - those of you that survived would merely find that my fleet is but a tiny sector fleet of the Aotrs. And they would retaliate. And it would be war. And you would not win the resultant battle, even if you wiped out the Aotrs in it's entirity.

For the exact same reason that the top-end major powers haven't tried to - if it comes such that we are truly threatened with final extinction, in the process we would burn much of the galaxy with us. Long have we prepared for such an eventuality, a powerful force of do-gooders thinking they can just erase us from existance - and we are ready. We have preperations and protocols and plans and schemes, and things even I am not privy to. We would make such a victory costly. We would make it hurt. Billions, if not trillions and more, would die and worse than die in the resultant conflageration. We would, out of sheer spite, make your victory bitter and hollow and empty.

And given how even the most powerful among you can't just fix the universe - you can't even fix Earth, for crying out loud - nor, for that matter even just Ponythid - there would be no way to undo it, no deus ex machina that could repair the damage. Not even fiddling with even the timeline - because that would have knock-on effects you can't even begin to see, EVEN IF you managed to somehow overcome the fact that most of Aotrs space - like most of the galazy - is not in an area of mutable time in the first place.

Oh, you could reboot the thread... But that would not bring back the countless lives stolen on planets you've never even heard of, the unnumbered innocents who would likely have died without even knowing why.

So you must ask the question, ponythread: would that be worth it?

Never forget that there is a REASON the Aotrs have risen from an ancient, no-tech army lead by one Lich to a paramilitary organisation to one of the galaxy's major powers, despite our relatively tiny size and despite good powers several times more powerful than ourselves active in the galaxy.

And I'll be just fine with it. Let the heat death come, You live past the end of time, more than once and this sort of thing stops, bothering you. But, lets not do that, and instead talk about the Best Pony.

I fought you all!!!!!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    *Hugs for breaking the awkardness!YAAY!
    ...Realizes he's hugging a physical manifestation of evil...*
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    He's adorable, but he's a threat to all who call the universe home. He must be stopped, no matter the cost
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Drake View Post
    "Evil, evil, death, stab, kill, cheese, moon-stuff, mice, evil, evil mice..."

Musings Pulled from D_Lord's head.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Titan in the Playground

No one said he doesn't aim his explosions and what kind to use..... Though goes overboard every once in a while

But since they were asking for heroes....Maybe adding a (or another) Good-aligned character would do something?
    Well, I'd say it couldn't hurt, but it depends how it works out.
    Quick question and answer session;

Hero List, the Testening.

1) Your Nemesis is in Canterlot, and through a twist of fate, so are numerous explosives placed throughout the heavily populated capitol.
    Do you A) Open Fire
    or B) Find a way to defuse and make safe the strategically placed explosives.

2) An Evil Cult has taken up residence underneath Manehatten. Do you
    A) Unleash an irradiated, tentacle covered Kaiju (Godzilla style) to destroy the cult, with the inevitable damage to the city being easily written off as "Unscheduled Remodelling"
    Or B) Work with the legitimate Authorities in order to untangle the cult from Manehatten society and bring them to justice.

3) Your Nemesis is cornered, after your success in the above two scenarios. He pleads for Mercy, but you know that this may be your one chance to kill him, once and for all.

What do you do?

Edit - Bonus Round Question;
    Is there such a thing as acceptable collatoral damage and if so, please define and/or quantify.

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    All right, fine. Her name is K-dans forever now.
    You say that like the MLP Wiki is worth more than the second hand toilet paper it may as well be written on. How strange.

No, seriously, their priorities are so deliberately hostile that I can only imagine the whole site is either a deliberate troll or some kind of pre-FIM purist backlash at the current success.
    Last edited by Tiki Snakes; 2012-09-09 at 12:08 PM.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Firbolg in the Playground

*relurks*
    ........Griflicious

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

All pretty good.

I just found this. I cannot take credit for it, but it's so freaken funny I wish I could.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Now, Dark Overlord, sir, I cannot express my delight
    I know somewhere in here –
    In my circus of fear –
    There’s a monster for you that’s just right

I can't wait to get started, but first let me make a decree:
    This beast better be rough
    And it better be tough
    It’ll face six mid-level PCs

High Challenge Rating, got it!

Well I’m sure finding suitable monsters will be quite a breeze

How ‘bout something with status effects – maybe fear or disease

Sure! How 'bout Sir Flumph-y?
    He’s spiky and flies and squirts acid with ease

Do you know what I do to those who displease?

Please sire, have faith
    Give me just one minute
    Somewhere in here is the beast that’ll win it

Come on, no rest for the wicked!

Wicked is good. I'd like it to be Evil.

Really? Because I think this owlbear has your name written all over it. True Neutral; Smite Evil won't work. Aww, look, he’s violent!

Pass.

I have so many wonderful monsters you’re sure to adore
    There are ogres and wights
    That I bet will delight

Their Challenge Rating’s below Four.

Maybe so, but I've seen this particular wight drain ten character levels in one encounter when he used his lucky dice!

That's it. Throw her to the dire weasels.

Wait! I’ve still got more choices
    If you’ll just perceive it
    How 'bout a cockatrice, or a salt mephit?

Fiercer. And crueler.

Fiercer, crueler. Right.

I've got just the thing in this hole, sire
    Meet Duke Archibald Grey, the Gnoll!

It's just a gnoll.

Not just any gnoll. A gnoll Aristocrat!

...An NPC class? Let me make myself clear...

Listen you fool, this won't cut it
    I need a monster worthy of me
    Something horrid, something vile
    Not anthro hyena bourgeoisie!

I'm sensing you want a monster that’s very powerful.

Ya think?

I have plenty of wonderful monsters both evil and strong
    Like a huge purple worm or maybe an adult black dragon

Intriguing. Continue.

Of course. How 'bout an tophet, or a lich, or a roper?
    When it comes to my monsters, the surface we’ve barely scratched
    There’s rakshasas and devils
    In cruelty they revel
    Or perhaps you’d prefer this lovely frumious bandersnatch?

Impressive… most impressive. But instead of just one standout, now that's too many.

So many monsters, showing fangs and antennae

Not a bad problem to have, if someone else is fighting ‘em.

The rakshasa is awesome, but the worm I'm digging too
    Do you have something in a purple striped fiend?

No.

I've got a dreaded gazebo, just dying to meet you

What to do, what to do? [gasp]
    A prize! That's it! There's really just one way
    To find out which monster is best
    Hold a contest of speed, attack, defense, and wit
    That will put each beast to the test

Don't forget HP, that should be remembered

Then we'll know who’s best and who would get dismembered

The one who is mighty and cruel

Just like me
    Can't settle for less, 'cause I'm the best

So a contest we will see

Who's the number one, vilest, villainous beast

In the world for me

May the games

Begin!

And may the best beast win!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    You say that like the MLP Wiki is worth more than the second hand toilet paper it may as well be written on. How strange.
    It's too late. K-dans forever now.
    ... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    I just found this. I cannot take credit for it, but it's so freaken funny I wish I could.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Now, Dark Overlord, sir, I cannot express my delight
    I know somewhere in here –
    In my circus of fear –
    There’s a monster for you that’s just right

I can't wait to get started, but first let me make a decree:
    This beast better be rough
    And it better be tough
    It’ll face six mid-level PCs

High Challenge Rating, got it!

Well I’m sure finding suitable monsters will be quite a breeze

How ‘bout something with status effects – maybe fear or disease

Sure! How 'bout Sir Flumph-y?
    He’s spiky and flies and squirts acid with ease

Do you know what I do to those who displease?

Please sire, have faith
    Give me just one minute
    Somewhere in here is the beast that’ll win it

Come on, no rest for the wicked!

Wicked is good. I'd like it to be Evil.

Really? Because I think this owlbear has your name written all over it. True Neutral; Smite Evil won't work. Aww, look, he’s violent!

Pass.

I have so many wonderful monsters you’re sure to adore
    There are ogres and wights
    That I bet will delight

Their Challenge Rating’s below Four.

Maybe so, but I've seen this particular wight drain ten character levels in one encounter when he used his lucky dice!

That's it. Throw her to the dire weasels.

Wait! I’ve still got more choices
    If you’ll just perceive it
    How 'bout a cockatrice, or a salt mephit?

Fiercer. And crueler.

Fiercer, crueler. Right.

I've got just the thing in this hole, sire
    Meet Duke Archibald Grey, the Gnoll!

It's just a gnoll.

Not just any gnoll. A gnoll Aristocrat!

...An NPC class? Let me make myself clear...

Listen you fool, this won't cut it
    I need a monster worthy of me
    Something horrid, something vile
    Not anthro hyena bourgeoisie!

I'm sensing you want a monster that’s very powerful.

Ya think?

I have plenty of wonderful monsters both evil and strong
    Like a huge purple worm or maybe an adult black dragon

Intriguing. Continue.

Of course. How 'bout an tophet, or a lich, or a roper?
    When it comes to my monsters, the surface we’ve barely scratched
    There’s rakshasas and devils
    In cruelty they revel
    Or perhaps you’d prefer this lovely frumious bandersnatch?

Impressive… most impressive. But instead of just one standout, now that's too many.

So many monsters, showing fangs and antennae

Not a bad problem to have, if someone else is fighting ‘em.

The rakshasa is awesome, but the worm I'm digging too
    Do you have something in a purple striped fiend?

No.

I've got a dreaded gazebo, just dying to meet you

What to do, what to do? [gasp]
    A prize! That's it! There's really just one way
    To find out which monster is best
    Hold a contest of speed, attack, defense, and wit
    That will put each beast to the test

Don't forget HP, that should be remembered

Then we'll know who’s best and who would get dismembered

The one who is mighty and cruel

Just like me
    Can't settle for less, 'cause I'm the best

So a contest we will see

Who's the number one, vilest, villainous beast

In the world for me

May the games

Begin!

And may the best beast win!
    That is a work of genius and I wish I could tip my hat to the one responsible.
    Truth resists simplicity.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Firbolg in the Playground

*relurks*
    And I love it.

Looks way too huggable

Let me clarify: you're going up against A) the trigger-happy psychopath with an army of ninjas and multiple orbital mini-Death Stars, Ab) the prince who is actually a dragon, B) the eldritch horror with an army of undead and other nasties, C) the aforementioned lich capable, apparently, of ending trillions of lives when he loses, and D) the nominally neutral WMD distributor who cares little about collateral damage from his arsenal of paranuclear explosives.

Unless your OC is Discord, you're going down.

Quote Originally Posted by D_Lord View Post
    And I'll be just fine with it. Let the heat death come, You live past the end of time, more than once and this sort of thing stops, bothering you. But, lets not do that, and instead talk about the Best Pony.
    Speaking of...

Alright folks, here it is: The big one. Load the airships, arm the Balmas Blimp, set up a dozen additional Swiss Bank accounts, and paint Luna's face on the prow of my Flagship: Ponythread is going to war.
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

Zz'dtri's cutie mark?