New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ... 233839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1504
  1. - Top - End - #1411
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Relationship Woes and Advice 22: In Which Two Problems Prevent Each Others' Solut

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    Before all the other stuff, you could do that. Yelling is amazingly therapeutic.
    True that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

2. - Top - End - #1412
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Relationship Woes and Advice 22: In Which Two Problems Prevent Each Others' Solut

Yelling is amazingly therapeutic.
    But it could disturb the neighbors... (I have never yelled, mostly for reasons like the one I just stated. I'm not entirely sure I'm capable of it anymore.)
    Avatar by me. It's Incendius Darkscale, a Good Dragonborn Dragon Sorcerer, Demonskin Adept, Prince of Hell, worshiper of the Platinum Dragon (Bahamut), specializing in Fire and Lightning, wielding a staff in each hand.

3. - Top - End - #1413

NecromancerGuy

Next time you stub your toe or hit your head or smash your thumb with a hammer you'll find out right quick, I imagine.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

4. - Top - End - #1414
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Next time you stub your toe or hit your head or smash your thumb with a hammer you'll find out right quick, I imagine.
    Nah. When I do that I usually swear quietly.
    Jude P.

5. - Top - End - #1415
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Form View Post
    This isn't exactly very promising and, frankly, I've already run out of patience, but I figure I'm just going to bring this up anyway sooner or later. I'd be pretty annoyed if I find out this all just a very roundabout and vague way of telling me she isn't interested after all.
    I have found that this is the most frustrating and annoying way to be rejected, and sadly seems to be the most common. Or at least I get it quite a bit.
    Tali avatar by the talented Thormag.

6. - Top - End - #1416
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Man. Why did I decide to hang out with people tonight.

Spoiler
    Show
    So, what happened was I went to hang out with my friends Heath and Julie. Julie hadn’t had the best day so we went to DQ to get ice cream. But it was kind of cold out so we ate it in her car, and by we, I mean her--because Heath and I didn’t want any. We talked for an hour or so, and a large part of it was sexual. Because that’s just how that group is, I guess. Anyway, we decided to go to the MSPL after that to change things up, but it was too cold, so we decided to go to this local coffe joint. Except Julie didn’t want anything and I had no money, so Heath went inside and we waited outside. A few weeks back Taylor and Julie were talking about something, and Julie let me know this, but she wouldn’t tell me what. I got Taylor to tell me, and it was, apparently that “while we personally harbor no romantic feelings towards you, we find you to be an attractive person.” I told her I that I knew, and she said, that wasn’t it. I then spent a considerable amount of time trying to figure it out, and then we realized Heath hadn’t come out yet. Which was weird. We then went inside and it turned out he had gone down to Wyman. Which, as I learned when he texted me, was to get us alone together. Because he’s trying to set us up. And even though I’m still really hung up on Haley, I do find myself starting to get slightly attracted to Julie. So while we were inside, and before I figured out why he wanted us alone together, we both started to complain about romantic issues. She about her ex, a pretty good friend of mine, and I about Haley. She was saying how she was sorry I liked Haley and then she looked up ways to get over people and tried sharing them with me. At about this time Heath came back from his walk down to Wyman. The three of us then pretty much simultaneously got texts saying “Where are you?” so we decided to go home. I drove down with Julie to drop Heath off, and she ended up getting mad at him because he wouldn’t get buckled. After he was dropped off I told her that if she told me what Taylor and her had been talking about, I’d tell her what Heath had been trying to do. She agreed and I considered whether or not it was worth it. I decided it was. She was all, “Oh. That’s awkward. Because what Taylor and I were talking about was that if we were to date any of the guys in our group, it’d be you.” And that was about the time I got home.

And now I’m here and very confused.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

7. - Top - End - #1417

NecromancerGuy

So let me get this straight. You put the lime in the coconut, you drink 'em both up...

Spoiler
    Show
    So two girls said they found you attracive but didn't have romantic designs upon you in a way that possibly meant that they found you to be eyecandy enough to have sex with.

Then you got left alone with one of them and she started pseudo-flirting with you.

Then she revealed that the other girl and herself had pegged you as the pick of the litter?
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2012-10-09 at 10:23 PM.
    Homebrew

8. - Top - End - #1418
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I suppose so. Although the one who wasn't there today has a boyfriend.

9. - Top - End - #1419

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    Well, I suppose that rules out having just had a double play fall into your lap then.
    Homebrew

10. - Top - End - #1420
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    So, what happened was I went to hang out with my friends Heath and Julie. Julie hadn’t had the best day so we went to DQ to get ice cream. But it was kind of cold out so we ate it in her car, and by we, I mean her--because Heath and I didn’t want any. We talked for an hour or so, and a large part of it was sexual. Because that’s just how that group is, I guess. Anyway, we decided to go to the MSPL after that to change things up, but it was too cold, so we decided to go to this local coffe joint. Except Julie didn’t want anything and I had no money, so Heath went inside and we waited outside. A few weeks back Taylor and Julie were talking about something, and Julie let me know this, but she wouldn’t tell me what. I got Taylor to tell me, and it was, apparently that “while we personally harbor no romantic feelings towards you, we find you to be an attractive person.” I told her I that I knew, and she said, that wasn’t it. I then spent a considerable amount of time trying to figure it out, and then we realized Heath hadn’t come out yet. Which was weird. We then went inside and it turned out he had gone down to Wyman. Which, as I learned when he texted me, was to get us alone together. Because he’s trying to set us up. And even though I’m still really hung up on Haley, I do find myself starting to get slightly attracted to Julie. So while we were inside, and before I figured out why he wanted us alone together, we both started to complain about romantic issues. She about her ex, a pretty good friend of mine, and I about Haley. She was saying how she was sorry I liked Haley and then she looked up ways to get over people and tried sharing them with me. At about this time Heath came back from his walk down to Wyman. The three of us then pretty much simultaneously got texts saying “Where are you?” so we decided to go home. I drove down with Julie to drop Heath off, and she ended up getting mad at him because he wouldn’t get buckled. After he was dropped off I told her that if she told me what Taylor and her had been talking about, I’d tell her what Heath had been trying to do. She agreed and I considered whether or not it was worth it. I decided it was. She was all, “Oh. That’s awkward. Because what Taylor and I were talking about was that if we were to date any of the guys in our group, it’d be you.” And that was about the time I got home.

You...what....he...she...*headsplosion*

While they often have the advantage of an outsider's perspective, it really grinds my gears when my friends get involved in my love life. X_X

Julie seems like a nice girl though. Might be something to chew over for a bit.

11. - Top - End - #1421
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

I... got confused too, and I understood Inception
    So let me get this straight. You put the lime in the coconut, you drink 'em both up...

Spoiler
    Show
    So two girls said they found you attracive but didn't have romantic designs upon you in a way that possibly meant that they found you to be eyecandy enough to have sex with.

Then you got left alone with one of them and she started pseudo-flirting with you.

Then she revealed that the other girl and herself had pegged you as the pick of the litter?
    ah, much simpler
    *grabs popcorn* this is better then any soap marketed for teenagers

Anyway, male bovine internally processed matter aside, I'd go out with her. See where it goes. worst case you're over your ex (and she over hers) and need to bear a little awkwardness for a few weeks, best case you'll have a girlfriend again .
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

12. - Top - End - #1422
    Troll in the Playground

Two women talking about who in their group they would date doesn't necessarily mean much in and of itself. Akin to the stereotypical "which of your girlfriends' friends would you rather bang" type male conversation (albeit less crude).

If you're interested in her, be direct and ask. While teenage drama tends to be the norm, its far simpler (and less stressful) to know one way or another.

13. - Top - End - #1423
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chen View Post
    Two women talking about who in their group they would date doesn't necessarily mean much in and of itself. Akin to the stereotypical "which of your girlfriends' friends would you rather bang" type male conversation (albeit less crude).
    Hey, for all we know, that's exactly what happened!

I agree with Socratov, though.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

14. - Top - End - #1424
    Ettin in the Playground

so full of win...

also, now I can't stop humming it..damn you!
    All hail Smutmulch for crafting my avatar!
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    Cursed zombies are more realistic.
    Spoiler: siggatar and previous avatars.
    Show

the Badass Monkby Avi. Aktarus by Chd. Dehro by Wojiz

15. - Top - End - #1425
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Chen View Post
    If you're interested in her, be direct and ask. While teenage drama tends to be the norm, its far simpler (and less stressful) to know one way or another.
    Trust me, I know this.

Quote Originally Posted by Socratov View Post
    *grabs popcorn* this is better then any soap marketed for teenagers
    It is an established fact within my closest circle of guyfriends that my lovelife is basically a really messed up cartoon.

Anyway, male bovine internally processed matter aside, I'd go out with her. See where it goes. Worst case you're over your ex (and she over hers) and need to bear a little awkwardness for a few weeks, best case you'll have a girlfriend again .
    I agree with Socratov, though.
    Hmmm. I guess I'll give it a shot. Her parents did think we were dating for two weeks after the Anime Convention a month or so ago.

16. - Top - End - #1426

NecromancerGuy

Always so interesting when parentals do that, haha.

Just remember AT, it gets better.
    Homebrew

17. - Top - End - #1427
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Interesting indeed.

Spoiler
    Show
    So, hung out with Julie and Heath again tonight. I had a choir concert, and they both came to see me. Anyway. We went to Mickey D's to hang out. And yeah. IDK. Julie and I were sitting really close together in one of those weird L shaped booths, and we were being flirty (I guess), and she was resting her leg on my lap for a solid half hour.

Merp. (This post is basically meaningless, I just felt like sharing.)
    Last edited by AtlanteanTroll; 2012-10-10 at 09:00 PM.

18. - Top - End - #1428

Yer in, mate

19. - Top - End - #1429

NecromancerGuy

Brown Chicken, Brown Cow.
    Homebrew

20. - Top - End - #1430
    Bugbear in the Playground

So, after being in a committed relationship with the arts for a few years, I'm trying to get back into the regular human dating pool. Thing is, the amount of nothing I already knew about how this works has increased exponentially over time. Any advice would be appreciated.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

21. - Top - End - #1431

NecromancerGuy

That all depends on your context though, is the thing.
    Homebrew

22. - Top - End - #1432

That all depends on your context though, is the thing.
    What kind of context do you need? I'm intimately familiar with the details of my own life, so I can give you any of them.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

*high fives!*
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...

23. - Top - End - #1433

NecromancerGuy

General age-group, what experience there is, goal, though I'm sure I'm forgetting most of it.
    Homebrew

24. - Top - End - #1434

Age group: According to XKCD, my acceptable dating pool is 16-22, but being in college makes anything under 18 pretty infeasible.

Experience: one six-month relationship a couple years ago that ended... badly. I'm not exactly proud of the way I handled everything, but I learned a few things to NOT do.

Goal: A lady to be snuggling with.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

*high fives!*

25. - Top - End - #1435
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    Age group: According to XKCD, my acceptable dating pool is 16-22
    I don't really agree with xkcd on that. My girl & I are both 29 & as a couple are kinda* dating another girl who's 19 (our range based on xkcd would be 22-44 & hers would be 17-24). No one that knows all three of us seems to mind this one bit. I've never had a single person say "Dude, she's too young for you." That includes her parents & grandmother. In 5 years, us being together will suddenly be acceptable by xkcd's rule.

*Things aren't as serious with her as they are between my girl & I, but when my girl returns to me in December, we do intend to fly her here to hang out with us for a while. She's just finishing massage up school a month from now, so she'll be free of other responsibilities by then (unless she finds employment within a month of finishing). If she decides to stay, then things would likely get more serious.
    Avatar by me. It's Incendius Darkscale, a Good Dragonborn Dragon Sorcerer, Demonskin Adept, Prince of Hell, worshiper of the Platinum Dragon (Bahamut), specializing in Fire and Lightning, wielding a staff in each hand.

26. - Top - End - #1436

Quote Originally Posted by Thajocoth View Post
    I don't really agree with xkcd on that. My girl & I are both 29 & as a couple are kinda* dating another girl who's 19 (our range based on xkcd would be 22-44 & hers would be 17-24). No one that knows all three of us seems to mind this one bit. I've never had a single person say "Dude, she's too young for you." That includes her parents & grandmother. In 5 years, us being together will suddenly be acceptable by xkcd's rule.
    My parents would already freak out because of the relationship with three persons in it. Guess you got lucky. I don't know if I would like it if it was my daughter. 10 years age difference is nothing to sneeze at. I'm 26 now and I already consider 19-year-olds pretty much kids.

In two years it will suddenly suddenly acceptable for her to drink alcohol (assuming you're in the USA). Hard age limits are always weird but still helpful.
    Last edited by Iruka; 2012-10-11 at 05:03 AM.

"Children grow up to be people? All the children I knew grew up to be machines."
    ~Augustus von Fabelrath~
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Somebody should have that sigged.
    Member of Peelee's Church of Sudden Skylight

27. - Top - End - #1437
    Ettin in the Playground

Age group: According to XKCD, my acceptable dating pool is 16-22, but being in college makes anything under 18 pretty infeasible.

Experience: one six-month relationship a couple years ago that ended... badly. I'm not exactly proud of the way I handled everything, but I learned a few things to NOT do.

Goal: A lady to be snuggling with.
    Alright, so what kind of advice are we looking for: Ways to meet women? Advise on dating? What's changed since you last were in the game? (this one I'd be bad at, I'm also out of practice with a 2 year gap...until now I suppose) Warning signs? What to look for?
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

28. - Top - End - #1438

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    Alright, so what kind of advice are we looking for: Ways to meet women? Advise on dating? What's changed since you last were in the game? (this one I'd be bad at, I'm also out of practice with a 2 year gap...until now I suppose) Warning signs? What to look for?
    Mostly ways to meet women. I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "what to look for", but advice there would probably be helpful as well.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

*high fives!*

29. - Top - End - #1439
    Ettin in the Playground

Mostly ways to meet women. I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "what to look for", but advice there would probably be helpful as well.
    Alrighty. Best ways to meet women? Try new things. Bars often aren't the best place to meet someone. Maybe later take someone there, sure. Since you're in college, there's likely to be a bunch of ways to do this, but I've found one of the best ways I've met a bunch of people and it's been most rewarding is dancing. Chicks dig dancing. Especially things like swing dancing, or other ballrooms. I've had chicks I started getting involved with ask me often how the heck I'm single if I can swing dance, so that leads me to believe I might be on to something there. There's almost always more girls than guys at these things (dancing lessons, socials, so on) and once you know how to dance you'll be confident in asking someone standing there to dance with you. And trust me, I'm a trip up stairs, falls while standing in place kind of klutz, and I learned how to dance pretty well.

If your college doesn't have anything like that, there are often inexpensive programs within the community. Also, the dance network is huge! Even if you don't find someone right away, they'll help you.

If dancing just isn't your thing, try and find some activities that might work in its stead.

As for what to look for, it depends on what your preferences are, but might I recommend having in mind what you're looking for and don't sway from that just to get into a relationship. I for one can't date a smoker. I try and find out if someone I am interested in is one or not before hand, but I have ended up with someone who broke that preference and it didn't turn out well. They said they were quitting and never did, and you can't force someone to change that about them, they have to do that themselves. You might be able to encourage them. Ultimately, I had to end the relationship. It's easy to get into a relationship that isn't good for you by settling with someone that doesn't meet your standards, but I for one say that's lowering your self respect (so long as you have resonable standards, notyhing like: I only date women who have blue eyes).
    Last edited by TheWombatOfDoom; 2012-10-11 at 11:50 AM.
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

30. - Top - End - #1440
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Iruka View Post
    My parents would already freak out because of the relationship with three persons in it. Guess you got lucky. I don't know if I would like it if it was my daughter. 10 years age difference is nothing to sneeze at. I'm 26 now and I already consider 19-year-olds pretty much kids.

In two years it will suddenly suddenly acceptable for her to drink alcohol (assuming you're in the USA). Hard age limits are always weird but still helpful.
    Of the three of us, she's the only one that ever drinks (when she hangs out with drinkers.)

Many people don't really accept polyamory. My girl introduced the idea to me. She's also the one who asked the younger girl to join us. I was surprised when I let my mom know a small amount of my romantic life & found out she has a bigger problem with my polyamory than my Sadism (the latter of which I won't discuss here).

The younger girl's got high anxiety issues & finds people her own age more overwhelming. I also apparently give very calming hugs... (I managed to wind up with two girls that take anxiety medication.)

She's a sort of person that won't speak up to ensure her opinion is known. Where most people would assume she's having a good time because she's not making any complaints or suggestions, my girl & I specifically ask for her input on things because we know this about her & want her to enjoy things as much as we do. She can be content just doing what makes those around her happy, but enjoyment is better than simply being content.

Between her anxiety, especially around people her own age, & how easy it is for people to accidentally take advantage of her & not notice, I think our relationship is quite good for her.
    Last edited by Thajocoth; 2012-10-11 at 11:04 AM.