New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XIX: I Emptied Your Thread

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I actually like that heterochroma idea, so I think I might yank it. And, yes, part of the reason why I'm slanting towards 'C' in my ending is because there's so much that can be done with the idea further. It'd be a shame to waste that, I think.
    I'm certainly going to give that picture a shot once I get home.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Ok! So. Everypony in my hotel room is asleep because they are wussies. GenCon's all over and stuff, because things end. It's part of that 'time' thing I've heard so much about. What this means is that I'm not home, but I've got time to post. Hooray!

And... I... you... y-y-y-y-y-y-you... f-filled... a thread. An entire thread while I was away. It was only for a couple of days! 50 pages! You know when I said I wasn't going to bother catching up? This is why! Cheese on toast, guys. What exactly were you all up to, anyway?
    I got bullied into posting a story I was being paranoid about and it subsequently got a 5.0 average on Equestria Daily with 180 votes - and this a story stuffed with in jokes and OCs. Also, I may or may not have stolen Raz_Fox's productivity / ideas / very soul.

Welcome back! It wasn't the same without you!

EDIT: Oh yes, you also got fan music. Check the above link.
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2011-08-07 at 08:10 PM.

2. - Top - End - #752
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    I got bullied into posting a story I was being paranoid about and it subsequently got a 5.0 average on Equestria Daily with 180 votes - and this a story stuffed with in jokes and OCs. Also, I may or may not have stolen Raz_Fox's productivity / ideas / very soul.

Welcome back! It wasn't the same without you!
    I just realised you made every OC we made in ponythread fanon, if not outright canon in some bronies eyes.

3. - Top - End - #753
    Ogre in the Playground

EDIT: Oh yes, you also got fan music. Check the above link.
    He said there are lyrics, too, but that he doesn't have a good enough mic to record them yet.
    Last edited by Kindablue; 2011-08-07 at 08:13 PM.

4. - Top - End - #754

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    I just realised you made every OC we made in ponythread fanon, if not outright canon in some bronies eyes.
    Just to clarify: An author insert, an anagram, a shotgun, a self-proclaimed Mary Sue, the Ebon Dragon, and something stolen from darthbobcat.

5. - Top - End - #755
    Ettin in the Playground

Ok! So. Everypony in my hotel room is asleep because they are wussies. GenCon's all over and stuff, because things end. It's part of that 'time' thing I've heard so much about. What this means is that I'm not home, but I've got time to post. Hooray!

And... I... you... y-y-y-y-y-y-you... f-filled... a thread. An entire thread while I was away. It was only for a couple of days! 50 pages! You know when I said I wasn't going to bother catching up? This is why! Cheese on toast, guys. What exactly were you all up to, anyway?
    Well, I was busy writing Chapter 3 of Heroics. Y'know, as a "welcome back, Phoe!" present.

And also Sidereal Graces because I think I've finally got an opening that will work, and I managed to insert a bit of SG foreshadowing into the third chapter of Heroics, yay.

It's amazing how the upcoming return of school is making me more productive...

Oh, and somewhere along the way Thanqol stole everything from Darthbobcat and called it creativity. And then he got six stars on everything forever.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

6. - Top - End - #756
    Bugbear in the Playground

I think I can simmer everything down, from Scootaloo not flying to Inkwell's art to starships with ponies to Thanqol's success to the Chasing Rainbows music to A Midnight Nightmare down to one, simple word. A word of such potency, I dare not speak it outside a spoiler box:

Be warned, if you open this spoiler box, your head may explode, just like the Nazis did at the end of Raiders.

No, I'm serious. Be warned.

Ready?

Here we go.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ponies.

Whew! My mouth is scorched just by saying that word!

7. - Top - End - #757
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Inkwell posted this. I think you'll like it:

Spoiler
    Show
    Huh, I didn't notice that the first time...

Spoiler
    Show
    Inkwell, Shimmer's been Sneasel'd! Her other ear disappeared. The visual space is taken up by the wing, so it's hard to notice.

Did you do it intentionally? I mean, usually the 'other ear' is hidden behind the hair/not drawn. So it may just be me lookin at it funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    He said there are lyrics, too, but that he doesn't have a good enough mic to record them yet.
    Sweet! Didn't get a chance to listen to that, until now. The song name made me squeee though.
    Last edited by SiuiS; 2011-08-07 at 08:30 PM.

8. - Top - End - #758
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

It's a Phoe! High, Phoe! (get it? "high fee"? No? Psh. Fine, I'll try context next time...)

Believe it or not, from 25-45 of last thread was the most on-topic we have been since... Around thread 5. There are a couple neat highlights.

Scootaloo and why she can't fly.
    Military application of Pegasus pony magic.
    Starship technologies.

Um... There's more, but I can't remember any of it. Oh! And Inkwell did a Filly Phoe wi' yarn.
    If that's the case, I'm super sorry to have missed it. It's been a while since there's been a massive influx of highly relevant pony conversations. Not that there are never any, but if you were just dancing from topic to topic with no distractions? Sounds like magic. I'm not going to complain because GenCon was so much fun, but it would have been nice if the timing could have synched up better.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Inkwell posted this. I think you'll like it:

Spoiler
    Show

I like to believe I am a solemn and dignified pony who never loses her composure regardless of the --

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeheeeheeheeheeeeee~ Lookit the widdle pony! And it's meee~ Ohmygosh I feel so cute right now you have no idea.

Thanks where thanks are due: Inkwell! I love you!

Have you heard this?
    I had not heard that, no. I... have fan music? I have fan music. I'll be very curious to hear the lyrics he promises are coming. This is a really odd feeling. A sense of accomplishment?

Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    Well, I was busy writing Chapter 3 of Heroics. Y'know, as a "welcome back, Phoe!" present.

And also Sidereal Graces because I think I've finally got an opening that will work, and I managed to insert a bit of SG foreshadowing into the third chapter of Heroics, yay.

It's amazing how the upcoming return of school is making me more productive...

Oh, and somewhere along the way Thanqol stole everything from Darthbobcat and called it creativity. And then he got six stars on everything forever.
    *sputters incoherently*

For... for me? I... oh my goodness gracious me, this day won't stop giving. I am beyond words.
    Last edited by PhoeKun; 2011-08-07 at 08:43 PM.

9. - Top - End - #759

We talked about ponies. As for specifics, the question came up the other day as to what episodes were posters' favorites and least favorites.

Welcome back by the way!

10. - Top - End - #760

*sputters incoherently*

For... for me? I... oh my goodness gracious me, this day won't stop giving. I am beyond words.
    That's right, during the few days you were gone you got fanart and fanfic and fanmusic.

11. - Top - End - #761
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Thought you'd like to know, Pony Effect got name dropped in a Russian gaming magazine article about Fighting is Magic.

A pdf:
    http://mane6.files.wordpress.com/201...g-is-magic.pdf

A partial translation:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1.../edit?hl=en_US

12. - Top - End - #762
    Ettin in the Playground

Thought you'd like to know, Pony Effect got name dropped in a Russian gaming magazine article about Fighting is Magic.

A pdf:
    http://mane6.files.wordpress.com/201...g-is-magic.pdf

A partial translation:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1.../edit?hl=en_US

What?

Really?

Speechless.

Oh... wow. I didn't think somepony would actually read through the mountain of words I written, much less name drop it.

13. - Top - End - #763
    Dwarf in the Playground

You're back! ^^ Putting up warning boeys!

WARNING, THE FOLLOWING PICTURE CONTAINS LETHAL LEVELS OF CUTE!

Spoiler
    Show

Aaawww, they beat me to it! But still, they didn't have proper warnings, so I'm putting them up a bit late. ^^ Also, for any who missed it, some more artsing...

Spoiler
    Show

Captain Maneway and the PNY Aurora, a friendship powered spaceship - it's engine core is actually based on the elements of harmony!

The PNY Aurora by itself, just because I put so much work into it, that it needs a closeup!

And Midnight's little shoulder devil, Nightpixie Moon!

Okay, that's enough repostings for now. Have a nice happy fuzzly day! Sorry for the reposts, but some of you ponies may have missed them earlier, and I live on comments. Derek can attest to that. ^^

Further Edits: I am loved! Yeee, that makes me feel so happy Phoe. ^^ Glad you loved it!
    Last edited by InkwellPony; 2011-08-07 at 09:23 PM.

14. - Top - End - #764
    Ogre in the Playground

And of course I come back after a day or two off doing other things and the thread explodes. Confound these ponies!

Fluttershy is pleased.

15. - Top - End - #765

Quote Originally Posted by InkwellPony View Post
    Okay, that's enough repostings for now. Have a nice happy fuzzly day! Sorry for the reposts, but some of you ponies may have missed them earlier, and I live on comments. Derek can attest to that. ^^

Further Edits: I am loved! Yeee, that makes me feel so happy Phoe. ^^ Glad you loved it!
    I can indeed attest that Inkwell does get antsy if he doesn't get a lot of comments about his stuff, and I'm the one who gets to hear about it.

But, yes, are you surprised that Phoe likes it? Of course she would, that picture is adorable!

16. - Top - End - #766
    Dwarf in the Playground

Huh, I didn't notice that the first time...

Spoiler
    Show
    Inkwell, Shimmer's been Sneasel'd! Her other ear disappeared. The visual space is taken up by the wing, so it's hard to notice.

Did you do it intentionally? I mean, usually the 'other ear' is hidden behind the hair/not drawn. So it may just be me lookin at it funny.
    Yeah, I did it intentionally, due to the fact that the other ear is typically not drawn in this art style. And I didn't want her cute widdle wing to get covered up, as that's part of what makes it adorable and shows that she is in fact a widdle fiwwy....

God, I swear, that isn't enough warnings for it. It's just that much cute.

17. - Top - End - #767

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouhen View Post
    And of course I come back after a day or two off doing other things and the thread explodes. Confound these ponies!

Fluttershy is pleased.
    Thank you, Fluttershy. I owe you.

(Ironically, the end to A Study in Rainbows more or less had this as the moral.)

Yeah, I did it intentionally, due to the fact that the other ear is typically not drawn in this art style. And I didn't want her cute widdle wing to get covered up, as that's part of what makes it adorable and shows that she is in fact a widdle fiwwy....

You speak the adorable truth.

18. - Top - End - #768
    Dwarf in the Playground

-(Now wants to make a series of "____ is my shoulder pony!" pictures)-

19. - Top - End - #769
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie Welf View Post
    Well, it's a no girls club. And a moustache can't be long enough.
    Pictures... that reminds I wanted to send him some "spicy" stuff for weeks via PM. But I knew he had a girlfriend, and was afraid she might find out and he would get into trouble. But now I can put you in CC and he definitely will be in trouble. It's more efficient that way.
    I just caught this.

What. The. Hay?! Seriously?! Everypony knows you use BCC so I won't see it, and then get mad at her for 'going through my private message folder'.
    I don't know; I like SiuiS, I like chainsaws, and I really like explosions. But I don't think all three should be combined at the same time.
    Aye, too much of a good thing, and all that.
    Also, my own personal safety, but let's be honest. We are discussing me and chainsaws...

The ratio is in my signature. The numbers are from Johnny Blade, so they are sound.
    yeah, I remembered that just soon enough to feel dumb for asking XD

If that's the case, I'm super sorry to have missed it. It's been a while since there's been a massive influx of highly relevant pony conversations. Not that there are never any, but if you were just dancing from topic to topic with no distractions? Sounds like magic. I'm not going to complain because GenCon was so much fun, but it would have been nice if the timing could have synched up better.
    Aw, I feel like we've been subtly letting you down as a thread now. XD but also

I like to believe I am a solemn and dignified pony who never loses her composure regardless of the --

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeheeeheeheeheeeeee~ Lookit the widdle pony! And it's meee~ Ohmygosh I feel so cute right now you have no idea.

Thanks where thanks are due: Inkwell! I love you!
    I had not heard that, no. I... have fan music? I have fan music. I'll be very curious to hear the lyrics he promises are coming. This is a really odd feeling. A sense of accomplishment?

*sputters incoherently*

*looks at filly doodle*
    maaaaaaybeeeeee I should... Stall for a day or two. You seem about ready to explode...

You're back! ^^ Putting up warning boeys!

Spoiler
    Show

Aaawww, they beat me to it! But still, they didn't have proper warnings, so I'm putting them up a bit late. ^^ Also, for any who missed it, some more artsing...

Spoiler
    Show

Captain Maneway and the PNY Aurora, a friendship powered spaceship - it's engine core is actually based on the elements of harmony!

The PNY Aurora by itself, just because I put so much work into it, that it needs a closeup!

And Midnight's little shoulder devil, Nightpixie Moon!

Hahaha, Inkwell you dork~
    I am now satisfied that the Midnight stray forelock is canon. Thanks, mate. And I haven't been saying much about your pictures, but that's because I don't feel 'AWESOME /)^3^(\' is a sufficient comment.

Oddly, telling you that I really like the art but don't have enough content to psot a content is just fine. So. Yeah XD

20. - Top - End - #770

For the record, it has been established that Shimmer's shoulder consciences are Metal Mask and a demonic banana.

21. - Top - End - #771
    Troll in the Playground

Welcome back, Phoe!
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

22. - Top - End - #772
    Ogre in the Playground

*looks at filly doodle*
    maaaaaaybeeeeee I should... Stall for a day or two. You seem about ready to explode...
    No stalling.

*Has no idea what you're stalling*

23. - Top - End - #773
    Banned

Oki doki Loki. I thought you had probably done it on purpose, but wanted to ask. Sneasel was a favorite of mine back when the second game of the pokey mans came out, and what was originally a trick of perspective became "this pokémon only has one ear". So it ht home in this weird visceral spot - about 3 cun anterior of the pancreas - where I store my love for adorable critters.

Hm. Is that the pancreas? It feels like a liver, but it is on the wrong half of the body...

Anyway.
    *ahem*

D'AWWWWWWW

24. - Top - End - #774
    Troll in the Playground

Oki doki Loki. I thought you had probably done it on purpose, but wanted to ask. Sneasel was a favorite of mine back when the second game of the pokey mans came out, and what was originally a trick of perspective became "this pokémon only has one ear". So it ht home in this weird visceral spot - about 3 cun anterior of the pancreas - where I store my love for adorable critters.

Hm. Is that the pancreas? It feels like a liver, but it is on the wrong half of the body...

Anyway.
    *ahem*

D'AWWWWWWW
    With all the constant talk of pancreases, this seems relevant. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cBcSok7K5Y
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

25. - Top - End - #775
    Troll in the Playground

I'm pretty sure I want Scratch as my shoulder pony. She would lead me to all the awesome music!

For the record, it has been established that Shimmer's shoulder consciences are Metal Mask and a demonic banana.
    Also, psycho!Lyra's shoulder consciences are my druid droid avatar and Baron Awesome.

Anyway.
    *ahem*

D'AWWWWWWW
    Silly pony! Clearly your love for ponies is stored in your appendix, where all love is stored.

*creepy face*

Just ask Esper...

EDIT: Speaking of creepy faces (warning - seriously creepy)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by the_druid_droid; 2011-08-07 at 10:17 PM.
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

26. - Top - End - #776
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh! Oh! Do the_druid_droid and Baron Awesome!

27. - Top - End - #777
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouhen View Post
    No stalling.

*Has no idea what you're stalling*
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #778

Spoiler
    Show
    Welp there go my organs.

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG!

29. - Top - End - #779

And I'm off for another night, everypony, the wedding has pretty much wiped me completely out. I'll see you all tomorrow, and at some point tomorrow, I'll have the conclusion to A Midnight Nightmare done for you all to see.

Don't stay up too late, and don't get too overwhelmed by various sources of cute!

30. - Top - End - #780
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Hehehe, that's lookin' cute so far!

Welp there go my organs.

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG!
    ... You actually had some organs left?