New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 21363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1475
  1. - Top - End - #1351
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Default Re: My Little Pony XXIV: Now About 200% Longer Than Firefly

Home from a brony party. So many pony dance songs.

A certain GitPer is a dance machine.

Oh did I say there will be more two part episodes?
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

2. - Top - End - #1352
    Ogre in the Playground

Perhaps the title to the next thread could hold some sort of pun, possibly relating the the depart of Discord and lamenting the departure of his character?

And does anyone else like imagining that the entire show is an in-universe movie and the characters are actors?

Like, the ponies are the actors, in case that wasn't apparent. I don't know I just get a funny mental picture when I think about them all hanging around at a restaurant talking about the show, with like the person who portrays nightmare moon and Discord and Celestia and everyone else there.

3. - Top - End - #1353
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post

I am pleased pleased pleased.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

4. - Top - End - #1354
    Ettin in the Playground

Yay for more two-parters!

Also, who is this mysterious Playgrounder Dance Machine?

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonic Robot View Post
    Perhaps the title to the next thread could hold some sort of pun, possibly relating the the depart of Discord and lamenting the departure of his character?

And does anyone else like imagining that the entire show is an in-universe movie and the characters are actors?

Like, the ponies are the actors, in case that wasn't apparent. I don't know I just get a funny mental picture when I think about them all hanging around at a restaurant talking about the show, with like the person who portrays nightmare moon and Discord and Celestia and everyone else there.
    Now you just given me a fic idea. Seriously.

5. - Top - End - #1355
    Orc in the Playground

Both the highest rated comments on that Q video are about Discord, lol.

Thank you for the welcome, Kurgan.
    Happy Trixie Appreciation Day!

PonyFort: IC and OOC threads.

6. - Top - End - #1356
    Titan in the Playground

My Little Pony XXV: Absolute Chaos Came With Chocolate Rain!

Perhaps?

7. - Top - End - #1357

My Little Pony XXV: Chaos Combo Platter
    ?
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

8. - Top - End - #1358
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beeskee View Post
    I hope he returns, and that they're able to afford him. I also hope he checks out the show and likes it. I thought I heard that a bunch of other famous people who have become bronys. Or at least like the show somewhat. I could have sworn one of them was the actor who portrayed Westly. It'd be hilarious to have an episode with a bunch of folks from Star Trek voicing some of the characters.

Of course, the show being able to afford them is another issue entirely.
    Not that I know of, but the actor who played Wesley, Wil Wheaton, also played a villain in The Guild, which was created by Felicia Day, who is a fan of the show.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    Just picking a random quote to say welcome!

Spoiler
    Show

Look who's stealing things that I stole from someone who stole them from Bobcat now.

Quote Originally Posted by AlterForm View Post
    My Little Pony XXV: Au Contraire, Mon Pony Thread!

Although if that's too obscure, I'll second the Chocolate Rain suggestion.
    I vote for this.
    ... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.

9. - Top - End - #1359
    Barbarian in the Playground

GACK! slowdown guys! Trixie asked us to wait this time!
    ADVENTURE!!!!!

My current story ponies-Ponylagann in the Ponythread.
    Spoiler
    Show

NightScream
    Ponyard
    SkyRocket
    Filly Pokey Pierce

10. - Top - End - #1360
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vent Reynolt View Post
    Thiessen also mentioned wanting to bring Discord back (who doesn't?)

And didn't even need to wait a full day after the episode that sealed him away to get that bit of news. That is awesome.

Zevox
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

11. - Top - End - #1361
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelhero View Post
    GACK! slowdown guys! Trixie asked us to wait this time!
    Oh no! What do we do!?

It's been six hours, right?
    Last edited by Kindablue; 2011-09-25 at 12:46 AM.

12. - Top - End - #1362
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quick reactions from looking at the day's pony art:
    Spoiler
    Show
    ScrewBall is the new Derpy (and the shout-outs to classic Warner Brothers cartoons continue). I doubt we will see her again, though.

Flutterbitch is the new Pinkamena.

Spike as the new Rainbow Dash is catching on fast as well.

I'm already tired of the "Aw poor Discord" fandom, and that's as someone who had no problem with the various redemptions of Nightmare Moon, Trixie, and Gilda. LoveandToleranceLoveandToleranceLoveandTolerance

13. - Top - End - #1363

Blarg. Having to resume such an odd shift is tiring. Kris, I know I still owe you a RP post, you'll get it tomorrow. As for now, everypony have a new Excerpt, if the grammar is a little bad, it's because I'm damn exhausted.

How To Care For A Newborn Foal

Excerpt 1
    Spoiler
    Show
    “TWILIGHT! TWILIGHT!!”

Twilight groaned, and covered her head with her pillow. Trixie had only gotten up a couple of minutes ago, damn it! It was her turn anyways! One thing that the books had never warned her about was how often a parent would need to get up to tend to a newborn foal. Perhaps they didn’t mention it because the authors were afraid that nopony would ever become a parent knowing that. Sleep was becoming a luxury, and other, more enjoyable, nocturnal activites were rapidly becoming the dream of a previous life.

If she didn’t know better, she would have believed that Luna had done something to their daughter to ensure that Midnight would be a night pony. Perhaps they shouldn’t have named her after a time of night, too...

That brought them to tonight. Midnight had been especially fussy, and both of them had been forced to be up with her multiple times already. Finally, finally, it seemed like she had settled down for a couple of hours, only for the peace of the house to be broken by weak crying. But it was Trixie’s turn this time, and she wasn’t going to get up! She was probably only messing up the diaper again anyways. Twilight couldn’t figure out how somepony who was so good with knots, was so terrible with tying up a diaper.

Of course, Twilight had to admit she was jealous on how easily Trixie was able to get Midnight to eat. She supposed that she had an edge in that department anyways.

No, she would just roll over, and pretend to be asl-

“TWILIGHT, SHE’S SICK!”

It was amazing how quickly she could move. She was halfway to the nursery before she knew it. She threw open the door, any trace of sleepiness gone. She nearly tripped over Spike, who, of course, was still asleep. It was truly amazing how deep that dragon could sleep.

For a moment, she thought it was Trixie who was sick. Trixie was paler than Twilight had ever seen her, save for the day of the reunion. The only thing breaking up that pallid look were her red-rimmed eyes. She looked frantically at Twilight, clutching the tiny bundle tightly against her protectively.

“S-she’s b-burning up...” Trixie choaked. Twilight swallowed down her own rising panic, and gently pushed in to check on her daughter. The fact that she wasn’t crying worried her...

She was shivering gently, and Midnight’s normally bright and vivid eyes were dulled with pain. Trembling, Twilight checked beneath her coat, and saw that her skin was bright red. Her tiny horn was glowing, the occasional spark shooting forth from it. Midnight was letting out small little whimpers, her breathing was shallow, but stubborn. Twilight pressed a hoof gently against her forehead, and nearly recoiled. Trixie was right, Midnight was burning up, and it was a higher fever than she had been anticipating.

Those eyes looked up at her, already believing, knowing with all of her tiny heart, that her parents would be able to help her. To make the pain go away.

“W-What’s wrong with her? What do we do?” Trixie immediatly deferred to Twilight. This was not the time for pride, earned or not. Of the two of them, Twilight was most likely to know what to do, know how to help their weeks-old child...

“I...I...” Where was all the knowledge that she had prided herself in? Trixie and her daughter, they needed her, they were looking up at her, secure in the fact that she would think of something. Twilight Sparkle, most knowledagble pony in all of Equestria.

Nothing was coming to mind.

“I...don’t know...”

She never felt so helpless.

Excerpt 2:
    Spoiler
    Show
    It wasn't what Trixie wanted to hear.

"You don't know? You're telling me Princess Celestia's favorite student can beat an Ursa Minor, but she doesn't know what's wrong with her daughter?!" Trixie's voice raised, as she clutched Midnight tightly. She stared at Twilight accusingly, who flinched.

"I-I don't recognize the symptoms, Trixie! I mean, it's not that, I don't recognize this combination of symptoms! She's feverish, but not sweating! She's in pain, but I don't see where! I don't know why she's breathing so shallowly, there's nothing wrong with her chest, and I don't even know why her horn is glowing! A unicorn's horn shouldn't be glowing at all yet!" Twilight babbled out a defense, her own voice belying her panic. Why was she bringing up old wounds that hadn't been touched now of all times? It had been months since...

"You think you're Great and Powerful, but you can't do anything to help her!" Trixie yelled.

That was why.

Twilight rose up, and embraced Trixie. At the touch of her wife, Trixie immediately broke down, sobbing against Twilight's chest. She kept a tight hold of Midnight, as if sheer contact could heal the pain their daughter was suffering.

"We have to help her...I can't lose her already..." Trixie whispered, and Twilight nuzzled at her comfortingly.

They were going to need help. But who? Ponyville didn't have a hospital, they had a clinic, and she doubted Nurse Redheart would be able to help much, she was an expert in Earth Pony health. Zecora was out, it was too dangerous to go through the Everfree Forest during the night, especially with a sick filly in tow. Was there nopony else in Ponyville that could help them at this time of night?

Wait...how could she be so foalish? The answer had always been there.

"The Princesses!" Quill and scroll were already in the air. "Celestia will be asleep, but Luna..."

"Luna?" Trixie said uncertainly, when Twilight trailed off. Twilight had been reminded of a certain event that had happened only weeks ago.

It was still odd to them, Luna's heartfelt, almost desperate, request to be Midnight's parent, her 'third mother'. But then, they had accepted, hadn't they? That made her that third parent. That made this not just a matter of getting a Princesses help. She deserved to know that her daughter was sick, too.

Luna,
    Midnight's sick, come quickly!
    -Twilight

Not her most eloquent letter, but perhaps her most to-the-point.

"SPIKE!" The small dragon began to stir his his basket. He wearily lifted a head, sleepy eyes blinking.

"Twilight? Why are you-MMPHH!" His eyes widened, as the scroll was stuffed into his mouth. Reflexively, that green flame licked out of his mouth, burning the scroll into magical ashes, which floated out the window, to it's destination. Spike glared at Twilight. "What was that for? Couldn't you have asked like a normal pony?"

"Spike, Midnight's sick, we need Luna as quickly as possible." Twilight quickly explained, and Spike craned his neck, looking at the tiny bundle in Trixie's hooves.

"Oh, geez, the kid's sick? What's wrong with her?" Twilight bit her lip at Spike's question.

"That's what we're trying to figure out." She replied, turning back to her daughter.

Just in time to see Midnight's horn to catch on fire.

Trixie yelped, as green flames licked out from Midnight's forehead, the frightened newborn letting out a tiny little cry. Immediately the showmare's own horn flared, her magic creating a tiny raincloud, which rained down on mother and daughter. It did nothing to staunch the magical green flames.

Twilight rushed forwards, intent to do something, anything to help. Just inches away from them, her hoof outstretched, her magic at the ready, the fire flared brilliantly and consumed their daughter in an instant.

The magical ashes drifted out the window.

Excerpt 3:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Luna was aware of the irony of her situation.

Things had changed in the thousand years that Luna had been away. The main time that petitioners came to the court to request judgement on their grievances was now in the evening, the time when day and night met, while both sisters were awake. Even in this late hour, Luna was not alone. She had a horde of servants, cooks, guards, and handmaidens ready to attend to her every need. She had even slowly begun to notice that ponies were staying up later than she recalled a thousand years ago, and that they used the night for play and revelry.

That wasn't even getting into the hundreds, if not thousands of works of art, story, and song that had been made about the grace and beauty of the night.

In other words, Luna and the night had the love, companionship, and respect that she had so jealously craved as Nightmare Moon. How funny it seemed that she didn't want any of that now. How much of a burden it was now.

Finally having a moment to herself, she strode on to her balcony and looked out on Equestria. Her gaze focused in the same direction that it had last night, the night before it, and for the past few weeks. She looked far past Canterlot to the small country town in the distance. Such an insignificant little town in all respects.

Save her heart was there.

She entertained a brief fantasy. Descending down on that small town, and spiriting away those three in the night. She would bring them back to the castle, to Canterlot, and make a home there. Twilight would resume her studies in Canterlot, and Trixie would have an even grander audience to perform to. Together, the three would raise their child, the filly that had stolen her heart from her. They would live and laugh together, as a family...

But no. She could not do that.

Ponyville was home to Twilight and Trixie, and they had fought hard to make it their home. She could not take them away from the place they loved most in the world, away from the friends and life they had forged and tempered so painstakingly. It was more than that, though. Her daughter deserved a chance to have a normal life. That she was the only child thus far from the Princesses would ensure that would never happen, could never happen if she were to grow up in the court of Canterlot and be surrounded by it's chaos. She would be seen as a pawn to be used by nobles jockeying for position and favor, and that thought terrified Luna. No, it would be better for her this way. Better for the three of them.

Even if it felt like Luna's heart was torn from it's chest.
    Oh yes, Luna was well aware of the irony of her situati-

”Princess?” interrupted one of her handmaidens. “We have lunch prepared for you in the dining room.”

Her thoughts now jumbled by the words of the servant, she nodded and said, “Very well, I will be there in a moment.”

Luna was about to follow, when her keen eyes spotted something. The magical green ashes of a letter inbound.

That was unusual. Even with Trixie's letters to her, she usually woke up to them. Why would they be writing to her-or Celestia, she supposed-at this time of night? She swiftly unrolled the scroll once it manifested.

Luna,
    -Twilight

Luna felt her throat constrict. Her duty and position meant nothing at that moment. Already she was weaving a spell she hadn't used since she was the Nightmare. Her body dissolved into stars and mist, and she swept away from the palace, shooting towards the important little town at speeds that could rival the fastest pegasus pony.

Closer to the town, her senses picked up something of interest. Apparently they had sent another letter, as a second patch of green mist and ash escaped from the library. Yet, this one was not headed for the castle. In fact, Luna could not figure out for the life of her why they had sent a letter in that direction.

After all, it was towards the Everfree Forest.

Excerpt 4:

Spoiler
    Show
    ”MIDNIGHT! MIDNIGHT!” Trixie screamed, springing from her chair in hot pursuit of the magic mist that their daughter had become. She pushed past Twilight, who stumbled to the floor, so shocked at what had just happened that her mind freezed up. It was only until she realized that Trixie was about to spring from the window did her brain start working again. Trixie’s hooves were just at the windowsill when Twilight caught her in her magic, stopping her in her tracks.

“Trixie, stop!”

“T-Twilight? Let me go!” Trixie screamed at the betrayal, her legs kicking helplessly in the air, trying to find purchase to dig in. “Our daughter! Our daughter is out there! Let me go!”

“You’re going to leap out the top-floor window! You can’t help Midnight with four broken legs!” Twilight yelled. “Calm down, Trixie! I-I’m sure that if she copied the transit spell, that she’s with Luna right now!”

It was a logical thought, and it was one that Twilight was clinging to, to keep herself from panicing and leaping out the window in pursuit herself. Trixie let out a soft whimper, straining for a moment against Twilight’s magic, but she finally gave in, no longer trying to dash herself to the cold ground below.

“How did she do that anyways, Twilight?” Spike asked, his eyes wide. It was a question that Twilight was trying to puzzle out herself. How did she do that? She had no idea. Perhaps it was some sort of instinctual mimicry? Midnight couldn’t possibly know the complex imagry that the spell required. It must have been some fashion of mimicry, but she shouldn’t of had access to that level of magic to call upon! She was just a little foal! What was...what was....

No! There was no need for panic. There was no need for panic. They would wait for Luna, Midnight would almost certainly be with her, and they would all solve this together. She released Trixie, who pulled herself reluctantly from the window, just in time for a cloud of mist and stars to flow in after her. Twilight inhaled. Luna had responded quickly, no doubt because Midnight was with her. She wouldn’t want her fellow mothers to worry for too long. The stars and mist coalesced, the dark beauty of Princess Luna taking form.

Midnight didn’t.

“Where is she? What’s wrong with her?” Luna immediatly inquired, stepping forwards to meet with her two fellow parents. Her eyes widened as she beheld the mortified looks on Twilight and Trixie’s faces, as reality came crashing down upon them.

Midnight wasn’t with her.

Luna gasped as Trixie immediatly pulled away from them. She galloped down the stairs, crashed through the front doors, and shattered the peace of Ponyville’s night with her cries, as if their child could respond to her. Luna looked at Twilight, who was struggling to refrain from taking off after Trixie to help her. The Princess needed to know what was going on.

“P-Princess...”

“Twilight, what’s going on? Where is Midnight?

“We thought...We thought she was with you!” She explained to Luna everything that had happened, how sick Midnight had been, and how she somehow mimiced the letter transit spell, only with her body. As Twilight explained, Luna’s face drained of color.

“Oh no...oh no...I saw her, Twilight! I saw the smoke headed into the Everfree Forest!” Luna said, and Twilight staggered. A terrible image exploded into her mind. One of her tiny daughter, sick and helpless, lost in the Everfree Forest. Laying on the cold ground, exposed to the elements, and surrounded by hydras, dragons, and cocaktrice. Easy prey.

Twilight heaved, her hoof going to her mouth, as she nearly lost the contents of her stomach. Luna moved to help her, but Twilight forced it down. She couldn’t afford to be sick.

“SPIKE!” She yelled, and the baby dragon leapt to her call, clearly eager to help in any way he could. “Go get the others, and tell them what happened! Get them to organize search parties, and catch up with us!”

“I’m on it, Twilight! But where are you going?”

“Where do you think? There’s no time to wait for them, we’re going to catch up with Trixie, and get our daughter back!”

Deep in the Everfree,
    A tiny voice cried out in need,
    The forest heeded the call.

14. - Top - End - #1364
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    Oh no! What do we do!?
    Post ponies?

...That usually fixes problems here, but come to think of it, is the solution to posting about ponies being a problem really to post more ponies?

15. - Top - End - #1365
    Orc in the Playground

A pony maker I didn't see linked on the first page:

http://www.dolldivine.com/pony-maker.php

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    is the solution to posting about ponies being a problem really to post more ponies?
    Apparently so.

EsperDerek, that's.. wow. That's really good. I haven't read any fan fiction before, mostly because I felt certain that there was a lot of bad pr0n out there and I wanted to avoid it.
    Last edited by Beeskee; 2011-09-25 at 01:00 AM.

16. - Top - End - #1366

Gah, cannot belive its been this long since I posted in this thread.

Oh well, as a offering to the thread gods I present to you the The Great and Powerful Frenchie!

Also,Pinkie has the best raves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

17. - Top - End - #1367
    Orc in the Playground

Any time I see Trixie, I think of the scene from this video: MLP: Friendship is Magic RaNd0Mn3S5
    Last edited by Beeskee; 2011-09-25 at 01:05 AM.

18. - Top - End - #1368
    Ogre in the Playground

Post ponies?

...That usually fixes problems here, but come to think of it, is the solution to posting about ponies being a problem really to post more ponies?
    That was the joke I was trying to make, but I think it came off more sarcastic than I meant.

19. - Top - End - #1369
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yeesh, can't leave this board alone for a day, especially after a new episode comes out. ^^' I'll catch up in a bit. For now...

WiP for the pic I had shown the other day. Doing this now because it's kinda neat without the filling.

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #1370
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Deep in the Everfree,
    ESPER!

Spoiler
    Show
    I would beat you if i didn't love your work so much...
    That last part just made me recall the sheer panic i faced on 2 separate occasions.
    One, when i lost my baby sister in the house when i was young. Could not find her anywhere. i could hear her crying, but i still could find her.
    2. Being lost in a rather substantial sized forest in a park, after the park closed. Leaving us not only LOST but TRAPPED as well. A forest where several murders had been discovered in years prior.
    ADVENTURE!!!!!

My current story ponies-Ponylagann in the Ponythread.
    Spoiler
    Show

NightScream
    Ponyard
    SkyRocket
    Filly Pokey Pierce

21. - Top - End - #1371
    Troll in the Playground

Ok guys, I'm gonna say I'm not a huge fan of these threads because they're typically too much RP for me, and move way to fast, but I'm going to post because I have a feeling you'll all appreciate these and hopefully like them as well.

Spoiler
    Show

I guess I'll make an effort to keep up to date on the thread as well, since you're all cool ponies, but I make no promises >:

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Bor the Barbarian Monk View Post
    Dis...As far as I can tell, you are a cool frood who knows where his towel is.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Librarian View Post
    Run, little Aussie artist man. Your doom will be swift and silent -
    - like the owl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charity View Post
    *Hands Dizzy his SwoongunTM*
    Which is a hairdrier full of ether.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulion View Post
    ...Dispozition...you rock so hard I feel like throwing you my underwear in appreciation just so you can know how much that rocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emlyn View Post
    Dis, I love you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Castaras View Post
    Your quotes rawk.

22. - Top - End - #1372

Not that I know of, but the actor who played Wesley, Wil Wheaton, also played a villain in The Guild, which was created by Felicia Day, who is a fan of the show.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Who else is six degrees of separation from ponies?

And honestly I was shocked when I came back 12 hours after the episode aired having finally seen it, and we didn't have a new thread in the midteens already
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

Pony thread's official Element of Youtube

23. - Top - End - #1373
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    So, a bit belatedly, I watched - well, it's yesterday's episode now!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bugger that. We've got enough "redeemable" villains already in this show, let's have at least one who is out-and-out villainous - about as Chaotic Evil as you're going to get in this sort of program...) I mean, for crying out loud, people are trying to redeem Blueblood and Gilda!
    s2
    Spoiler
    Show
    I never implied redeemability, I just said I'd prefer it if Discord hadn't been a 100% pure for the EVULZ villain. I would have liked to have seen him be a little sad at broken Twilight, for the same reason Q would have been sad if Picard had just quit.

Have him accept his defeat, be a good sport about it, strike a funny pose, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowy View Post
    *Throws out a packet of (magical) bacon*

More of that to anyone who defects!
    *sues for Copyright Infringement*

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    Blarg. Having to resume such an odd shift is tiring. Kris, I know I still owe you a RP post, you'll get it tomorrow. As for now, everypony have a new Excerpt, if the grammar is a little bad, it's because I'm damn exhausted.

How To Care For A Newborn Foal

Excerpt 1
    Spoiler
    Show
    “TWILIGHT! TWILIGHT!!”

Twilight groaned, and covered her head with her pillow. Trixie had only gotten up a couple of minutes ago, damn it! It was her turn anyways! One thing that the books had never warned her about was how often a parent would need to get up to tend to a newborn foal. Perhaps they didn’t mention it because the authors were afraid that nopony would ever become a parent knowing that. Sleep was becoming a luxury, and other, more enjoyable, nocturnal activites were rapidly becoming the dream of a previous life.

If she didn’t know better, she would have believed that Luna had done something to their daughter to ensure that Midnight would be a night pony. Perhaps they shouldn’t have named her after a time of night, too...

That brought them to tonight. Midnight had been especially fussy, and both of them had been forced to be up with her multiple times already. Finally, finally, it seemed like she had settled down for a couple of hours, only for the peace of the house to be broken by weak crying. But it was Trixie’s turn this time, and she wasn’t going to get up! She was probably only messing up the diaper again anyways. Twilight couldn’t figure out how somepony who was so good with knots, was so terrible with tying up a diaper.

Of course, Twilight had to admit she was jealous on how easily Trixie was able to get Midnight to eat. She supposed that she had an edge in that department anyways.

No, she would just roll over, and pretend to be asl-

“TWILIGHT, SHE’S SICK!”

It was amazing how quickly she could move. She was halfway to the nursery before she knew it. She threw open the door, any trace of sleepiness gone. She nearly tripped over Spike, who, of course, was still asleep. It was truly amazing how deep that dragon could sleep.

For a moment, she thought it was Trixie who was sick. Trixie was paler than Twilight had ever seen her, save for the day of the reunion. The only thing breaking up that pallid look were her red-rimmed eyes. She looked frantically at Twilight, clutching the tiny bundle tightly against her protectively.

“S-she’s b-burning up...” Trixie choaked. Twilight swallowed down her own rising panic, and gently pushed in to check on her daughter. The fact that she wasn’t crying worried her...

She was shivering gently, and Midnight’s normally bright and vivid eyes were dulled with pain. Trembling, Twilight checked beneath her coat, and saw that her skin was bright red. Her tiny horn was glowing, the occasional spark shooting forth from it. Midnight was letting out small little whimpers, her breathing was shallow, but stubborn. Twilight pressed a hoof gently against her forehead, and nearly recoiled. Trixie was right, Midnight was burning up, and it was a higher fever than she had been anticipating.

Those eyes looked up at her, already believing, knowing with all of her tiny heart, that her parents would be able to help her. To make the pain go away.

“W-What’s wrong with her? What do we do?” Trixie immediatly deferred to Twilight. This was not the time for pride, earned or not. Of the two of them, Twilight was most likely to know what to do, know how to help their weeks-old child...

“I...I...” Where was all the knowledge that she had prided herself in? Trixie and her daughter, they needed her, they were looking up at her, secure in the fact that she would think of something. Twilight Sparkle, most knowledagble pony in all of Equestria.

Nothing was coming to mind.

“I...don’t know...”

She never felt so helpless.

Excerpt 2:
    Spoiler
    Show
    It wasn't what Trixie wanted to hear.

"You don't know? You're telling me Princess Celestia's favorite student can beat an Ursa Minor, but she doesn't know what's wrong with her daughter?!" Trixie's voice raised, as she clutched Midnight tightly. She stared at Twilight accusingly, who flinched.

"I-I don't recognize the symptoms, Trixie! I mean, it's not that, I don't recognize this combination of symptoms! She's feverish, but not sweating! She's in pain, but I don't see where! I don't know why she's breathing so shallowly, there's nothing wrong with her chest, and I don't even know why her horn is glowing! A unicorn's horn shouldn't be glowing at all yet!" Twilight babbled out a defense, her own voice belying her panic. Why was she bringing up old wounds that hadn't been touched now of all times? It had been months since...

"You think you're Great and Powerful, but you can't do anything to help her!" Trixie yelled.

That was why.

Twilight rose up, and embraced Trixie. At the touch of her wife, Trixie immediately broke down, sobbing against Twilight's chest. She kept a tight hold of Midnight, as if sheer contact could heal the pain their daughter was suffering.

"We have to help her...I can't lose her already..." Trixie whispered, and Twilight nuzzled at her comfortingly.

They were going to need help. But who? Ponyville didn't have a hospital, they had a clinic, and she doubted Nurse Redheart would be able to help much, she was an expert in Earth Pony health. Zecora was out, it was too dangerous to go through the Everfree Forest during the night, especially with a sick filly in tow. Was there nopony else in Ponyville that could help them at this time of night?

Wait...how could she be so foalish? The answer had always been there.

"The Princesses!" Quill and scroll were already in the air. "Celestia will be asleep, but Luna..."

"Luna?" Trixie said uncertainly, when Twilight trailed off. Twilight had been reminded of a certain event that had happened only weeks ago.

It was still odd to them, Luna's heartfelt, almost desperate, request to be Midnight's parent, her 'third mother'. But then, they had accepted, hadn't they? That made her that third parent. That made this not just a matter of getting a Princesses help. She deserved to know that her daughter was sick, too.

Luna,
    -Twilight

Not her most eloquent letter, but perhaps her most to-the-point.

"SPIKE!" The small dragon began to stir his his basket. He wearily lifted a head, sleepy eyes blinking.

"Twilight? Why are you-MMPHH!" His eyes widened, as the scroll was stuffed into his mouth. Reflexively, that green flame licked out of his mouth, burning the scroll into magical ashes, which floated out the window, to it's destination. Spike glared at Twilight. "What was that for? Couldn't you have asked like a normal pony?"

"Spike, Midnight's sick, we need Luna as quickly as possible." Twilight quickly explained, and Spike craned his neck, looking at the tiny bundle in Trixie's hooves.

"Oh, geez, the kid's sick? What's wrong with her?" Twilight bit her lip at Spike's question.

"That's what we're trying to figure out." She replied, turning back to her daughter.

Just in time to see Midnight's horn to catch on fire.

Trixie yelped, as green flames licked out from Midnight's forehead, the frightened newborn letting out a tiny little cry. Immediately the showmare's own horn flared, her magic creating a tiny raincloud, which rained down on mother and daughter. It did nothing to staunch the magical green flames.

Twilight rushed forwards, intent to do something, anything to help. Just inches away from them, her hoof outstretched, her magic at the ready, the fire flared brilliantly and consumed their daughter in an instant.

The magical ashes drifted out the window.

Excerpt 3:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Luna was aware of the irony of her situation.

Things had changed in the thousand years that Luna had been away. The main time that petitioners came to the court to request judgement on their grievances was now in the evening, the time when day and night met, while both sisters were awake. Even in this late hour, Luna was not alone. She had a horde of servants, cooks, guards, and handmaidens ready to attend to her every need. She had even slowly begun to notice that ponies were staying up later than she recalled a thousand years ago, and that they used the night for play and revelry.

That wasn't even getting into the hundreds, if not thousands of works of art, story, and song that had been made about the grace and beauty of the night.

In other words, Luna and the night had the love, companionship, and respect that she had so jealously craved as Nightmare Moon. How funny it seemed that she didn't want any of that now. How much of a burden it was now.

Finally having a moment to herself, she strode on to her balcony and looked out on Equestria. Her gaze focused in the same direction that it had last night, the night before it, and for the past few weeks. She looked far past Canterlot to the small country town in the distance. Such an insignificant little town in all respects.

Save her heart was there.

She entertained a brief fantasy. Descending down on that small town, and spiriting away those three in the night. She would bring them back to the castle, to Canterlot, and make a home there. Twilight would resume her studies in Canterlot, and Trixie would have an even grander audience to perform to. Together, the three would raise their child, the filly that had stolen her heart from her. They would live and laugh together, as a family...

But no. She could not do that.

Ponyville was home to Twilight and Trixie, and they had fought hard to make it their home. She could not take them away from the place they loved most in the world, away from the friends and life they had forged and tempered so painstakingly. It was more than that, though. Her daughter deserved a chance to have a normal life. That she was the only child thus far from the Princesses would ensure that would never happen, could never happen if she were to grow up in the court of Canterlot and be surrounded by it's chaos. She would be seen as a pawn to be used by nobles jockeying for position and favor, and that thought terrified Luna. No, it would be better for her this way. Better for the three of them.

Even if it felt like Luna's heart was torn from it's chest.
    Oh yes, Luna was well aware of the irony of her situati-

”Princess?” interrupted one of her handmaidens. “We have lunch prepared for you in the dining room.”

Her thoughts now jumbled by the words of the servant, she nodded and said, “Very well, I will be there in a moment.”

Luna was about to follow, when her keen eyes spotted something. The magical green ashes of a letter inbound.

That was unusual. Even with Trixie's letters to her, she usually woke up to them. Why would they be writing to her-or Celestia, she supposed-at this time of night? She swiftly unrolled the scroll once it manifested.

Luna,
    -Twilight

Luna felt her throat constrict. Her duty and position meant nothing at that moment. Already she was weaving a spell she hadn't used since she was the Nightmare. Her body dissolved into stars and mist, and she swept away from the palace, shooting towards the important little town at speeds that could rival the fastest pegasus pony.

Closer to the town, her senses picked up something of interest. Apparently they had sent another letter, as a second patch of green mist and ash escaped from the library. Yet, this one was not headed for the castle. In fact, Luna could not figure out for the life of her why they had sent a letter in that direction.

After all, it was towards the Everfree Forest.

Excerpt 4:

Spoiler
    Show
    ”MIDNIGHT! MIDNIGHT!” Trixie screamed, springing from her chair in hot pursuit of the magic mist that their daughter had become. She pushed past Twilight, who stumbled to the floor, so shocked at what had just happened that her mind freezed up. It was only until she realized that Trixie was about to spring from the window did her brain start working again. Trixie’s hooves were just at the windowsill when Twilight caught her in her magic, stopping her in her tracks.

“Trixie, stop!”

“T-Twilight? Let me go!” Trixie screamed at the betrayal, her legs kicking helplessly in the air, trying to find purchase to dig in. “Our daughter! Our daughter is out there! Let me go!”

“You’re going to leap out the top-floor window! You can’t help Midnight with four broken legs!” Twilight yelled. “Calm down, Trixie! I-I’m sure that if she copied the transit spell, that she’s with Luna right now!”

It was a logical thought, and it was one that Twilight was clinging to, to keep herself from panicing and leaping out the window in pursuit herself. Trixie let out a soft whimper, straining for a moment against Twilight’s magic, but she finally gave in, no longer trying to dash herself to the cold ground below.

“How did she do that anyways, Twilight?” Spike asked, his eyes wide. It was a question that Twilight was trying to puzzle out herself. How did she do that? She had no idea. Perhaps it was some sort of instinctual mimicry? Midnight couldn’t possibly know the complex imagry that the spell required. It must have been some fashion of mimicry, but she shouldn’t of had access to that level of magic to call upon! She was just a little foal! What was...what was....

No! There was no need for panic. There was no need for panic. They would wait for Luna, Midnight would almost certainly be with her, and they would all solve this together. She released Trixie, who pulled herself reluctantly from the window, just in time for a cloud of mist and stars to flow in after her. Twilight inhaled. Luna had responded quickly, no doubt because Midnight was with her. She wouldn’t want her fellow mothers to worry for too long. The stars and mist coalesced, the dark beauty of Princess Luna taking form.

Midnight didn’t.

“Where is she? What’s wrong with her?” Luna immediatly inquired, stepping forwards to meet with her two fellow parents. Her eyes widened as she beheld the mortified looks on Twilight and Trixie’s faces, as reality came crashing down upon them.

Midnight wasn’t with her.

Luna gasped as Trixie immediatly pulled away from them. She galloped down the stairs, crashed through the front doors, and shattered the peace of Ponyville’s night with her cries, as if their child could respond to her. Luna looked at Twilight, who was struggling to refrain from taking off after Trixie to help her. The Princess needed to know what was going on.

“P-Princess...”

“Twilight, what’s going on? Where is Midnight?

“We thought...We thought she was with you!” She explained to Luna everything that had happened, how sick Midnight had been, and how she somehow mimiced the letter transit spell, only with her body. As Twilight explained, Luna’s face drained of color.

“Oh no...oh no...I saw her, Twilight! I saw the smoke headed into the Everfree Forest!” Luna said, and Twilight staggered. A terrible image exploded into her mind. One of her tiny daughter, sick and helpless, lost in the Everfree Forest. Laying on the cold ground, exposed to the elements, and surrounded by hydras, dragons, and cocaktrice. Easy prey.

Twilight heaved, her hoof going to her mouth, as she nearly lost the contents of her stomach. Luna moved to help her, but Twilight forced it down. She couldn’t afford to be sick.

“SPIKE!” She yelled, and the baby dragon leapt to her call, clearly eager to help in any way he could. “Go get the others, and tell them what happened! Get them to organize search parties, and catch up with us!”

“I’m on it, Twilight! But where are you going?”

“Where do you think? There’s no time to wait for them, we’re going to catch up with Trixie, and get our daughter back!”

Deep in the Everfree,
    I already told you don't worry about it too much. No rush on that post.

Also, loving these. Again, they still run into the Prequel issue for me, but I'd prefer that to some kind of twist ending.
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

24. - Top - End - #1374

Look who's stealing things that I stole from someone who stole them from Bobcat now.
    Yeah, well, I was stealing things from people who steal things from people who steal things from Bobcat before it was cool. So nyeah!

Spoiler
    Show

EDIT:

Esper! I see another excerpt! I need to read this at some point, tomorrow perhaps since I'm about ready to pass out for X hours right now.
    Last edited by Kurgan; 2011-09-25 at 01:47 AM.

Old Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Stormpony Avatar by Dirtytabs

25. - Top - End - #1375
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    s2
    Spoiler
    Show
    I would have liked to have seen him be a little sad at broken Twilight, for the same reason Q would have been sad if Picard had just quit.
    Yeah, that surprised me a little.

I would have loved a bit more characterization, but I realize there isn't a whole lot they can do in 40 minutes. That storyline could have taken up half a season but it probably would have felt spread pretty thin by that point, along with being exclusionary to anyone who joined in the middle.

I think if Lauren Faust had a greater amount of time and a larger budget she'd be rivaling Pixar.

Unrelated, does anyone have the "Discord was someone's kid once?" pic? I thought it was cute but I forgot to save it. (Stupid me.)
    Last edited by Beeskee; 2011-09-25 at 01:53 AM.

26. - Top - End - #1376
    Banned

Ah, what the heck. I'll figure what I did wrong later...
    Get the file name, not URL. I assume that may be the problem; my reasoning however is so somepony else can host it for you if you need it.

And I may do an avatar for you anyway, as an experiment. So fill out the description chart from the thread, what have ya got to lose?

I only remember one, but I'm not going to question you on quotations.
    The second one was something akin to "never a problem", and the first was much more generic, and didn't apply to a specific instance. I only remember because the second one drove home that You just have a slightly drier wit than I expect you to have, and I should lighten up.

I can understand the difficulty, the toys were probably already in production before the show started, plus there's the issue of an entire warehouse (at least) full of prepackaged toys already made, plus factories with manufacturing lines already established, plus an established market (I believe the toys were in constant production even while the show was not running)
    Aye. The biggest problem with making new toys is- we all want specific toys. Once then entire fandom buys a show-accurate toy of each mane cast member, Luna, Celestia, and Trixie (and scratch... Lyra... Etc.) then... No more. It would be a limited run.

With the current toys, they can share molds and just dump a different color into the hair-o-mater and the bodymotron, and be done.

Still, plashes are where the money is. They don't have to be "show accurate" either. A lot of clamor has been made about the plushies we see in fan art, all vaguely pony-ish with the right color and mane style.

HOWEVER, and I've seen this suggestion on some of the Youtube comments, if you want to show support for the show, (since Hasbro makes more on the toys than they do on the show) you can buy some and donate them to a local children's hospital. (Like Child's Play does with games and toys) Those places are always looking for toys, I bet.
    This sounds like a good idea. Hm.

Would this dance machine happen to be Orzel? With a name like Chocolate Liquer, the guy has got to be a party animal.

Thank you for the welcome, Kurgan.
    Haha! You let your guard down!
    FIRE ZE WELCOME WAGON!

Spoiler
    Show

Oh no! What do we do!?

It's been six hours, right?
    I thought it was nine... Still, time limit expired. LET THE PONY LOVE COMMENCE.

Post ponies?

That kind of thing is why we have to post even more ponies.
    Doing so will solve the problem of pony-posting not solving the postage of ponies, allowing us to post ponies to solve the problem o ponies being posted.

EsperDerek, that's.. wow. That's really good. I haven't read any fan fiction before, mostly because I felt certain that there was a lot of bad pr0n out there and I wanted to avoid it.
    Pardon me if this comes off as rude, but...

Do you mean you were afraid there was pr0n at all, or that it would be bad, low-quality pr0n?

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    Gah, cannot belive its been this long since I posted in this thread.

Oh well, as a offering to the thread gods I present to you the The Great and Powerful Frenchie!

Also,Pinkie has the best raves.
    Hey! Been a while. How ya doin mate?

Quote Originally Posted by InkwellPony View Post
    Yeesh, can't leave this board alone for a day, especially after a new episode comes out. ^^' I'll catch up in a bit. For now...

WiP for the pic I had shown the other day. Doing this now because it's kinda neat without the filling.

Spoiler
    Show
    *cackles*
    tastes great! Less filling!

27. - Top - End - #1377

Hey! Been a while. How ya doin mate?
    All work and no play makes Pokonic a dull boy.

To be exact, three major school projects this early in the year,along with the fact we a putting in a new room in our house leaves little time for fun.

Which is why I am glad that I am done with the schoolwork, at least. Oh well, forum bing time!
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2011-09-25 at 02:25 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

28. - Top - End - #1378
    Colossus in the Playground

"Here's your delivery, sir!"
    "Oh wow, that was fast."
    "They don't call me 'Rainbow' and 'Dash' for nothing!"
    "Ha ha ha... what?"
    "Nothing. That'll be $23.85."

29. - Top - End - #1379
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

*cackles*
    tastes great! Less filling!
    I am now dissapointed in myself for missing this.
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

30. - Top - End - #1380
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    All work and no play makes Pokonic a dull boy.

To be exact, three major school projects this early in the year,along with the fact we a putting in a new room in our house leaves little time for fun.

Which is why I am glad that I am done with the schoolwork, at least. Oh well, forum bing time!
    Harsh. But hey, that means you're making progress! Putting in a room, though, that's an interesting thing. Sometimes it's fun, sometimes it's the most severe headache ever.

Either way, though, I presume that means you have a house, so I'll edge more towards kudos than not. Enjoy your binge! And remember, everypony skims, so don't burn out ok? We've had a lot of that recently <<;

Actually,we're at the point where the thread is it's own beast. We all say it goes too fast, but there are so many of us that it can't be fixed. That's... Interesting.