New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Colossus in the Playground

Default [3.5 PrC, PEACH] Ever get so mad you started casting spells while raging?

Rage Sage

"Your work is unparalleled! And I'm a huge fan of how you lose control and turn into an enormous green rage-monster."
    -Tony Stark to Bruce Banner

Some people rage. Some people cast spells. Most people believe that the two can never find common ground, but those people have never met a rage sage, a warrior-scholar who has used the insight gained from his rage to delve into the mysteries of magic itself.

Prerequisites:
    Skills: Concentration 8 ranks
    Feats: Combat Casting
    Base Attack Bonus: +4
    Class Features: Rage, Frenzy or similar ability. The rage spell doesn't count.
    Spellcasting: Ability to cast 1st level spells

Hit Die: d8

{table=head] Level | BAB | Fort | Ref |Will | Special | Spellcasting

1st | +1 | +2 | +0 | +2 | Mystic rage | -

2nd | +2 | +3 | +0 | +3 | Rage +1/day | +1 level of existing class

3rd | +3 | +3 | +1 | +3 | Spellburst 1 | +1 level of existing class

4th | +4 | +4 | +1 | +4 | Primordial fury | +1 level of existing class

5th | +5 | +4 | +1 | +4 | Metaragic | +1 level of existing class

6th | +6 | +5 | +2 | +5 | Spellburst 2, rage +1/day | +1 level of existing class

7th | +7 | +5 | +2 | +5 | Primordial power | +1 level of existing class

8th | +8 | +6 | +2 | +6 | Steely focus | +1 level of existing class

9th | +9 | +6 | +3 | +6 | Spellburst 3 | +1 level of existing class

10th | +10 | +7 | +3 | +7 | Primordial perfection, rage +1/day |-[/table]

Skill Points: 2+INT modifier
    Skills: Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Intimidate (Cha), Listen (Wis), Spellcraft (Int), Spot (Wis) and Survival (Wis).

Note: "Rage" is used to describe all similar abilities such as Frenzy or Ferocity that can be used to qualify for the class.

Spellcasting: At each level indicated on the table, a rage sage gains spells per day (and spells known, if applicable) as if he had gained a level in any one spellcasting class he belongs to.

Mystic Rage (Ex): The rage sage's signature ability is to remain calm in mind even as his body surges with frothing fury. A rage sage can cast spells while in a rage, so long as the level of the spell is equal to or lower than his class level, and may also make Concentration checks while raging.

Rage (Ex): At 2nd, 6th and 10th levels, a rage sage gains an additional use of rage.

Spellburst (Su): When the rage sage summons forth his anger, he can let a sliver of magic surge along with it. At 3rd level, the rage sage gains the ability to pre-cast a small number of spells and then release them when he rages. The rage sage is the only target for any spell cast this way. If he is an illegal target for the spell, or the spell is not a targeted spell, it cannot be cast through this ability.
    When using this ability, the rage sage casts the spells on himself as normal, but wills them to remain dormant rather than activate immediately. Next time he rages, these spells trigger immediately, with one exception: if the rage sage enters a rage when it is not his turn, the spellburst activates at the beginning of his next turn. All non-instantaneous spells cast this way end when the duration of the rage expires, or as normal, whichever is soonest.
    A 3rd level rage sage may only have one spell in his spellburst at any given time, and may only store spells of 2nd level or lower. At 6th level, he may store two spells of 4th level or lower and at 9th, three spells of 6th level or lower.

Primordial Fury (Su): At 4th level, the rage sage gains insight into the origins of his particular form of magic, and can tap into that source during a rage. He chooses one origin from the following list:
    • Draconic Magic: The mighty dragons taught the first of your order the ways of magic, possibly by example, and your rage echoes theirs. While you rage, you gain an enhancement bonus to your natural armor equal to 1/2 your class level.
    • Celestial Magic: Your magic is inspired by that of the angels, or perhaps directly derived from it, and you channel the wrath of the heavens in your rage. While you rage, you gain an enhancement bonus to caster level checks equal to 1/2 your class level.
    • Infernal Magic: Your magic originated from the hate of fiends, but you have put your own cruel spin on it. Whenever you deal damage while in a rage, you deal additional slashing damage equal to 1/2 your class level.
    • Planar Magic: The source of your magic seeps in from cracks between the planes, and your body can slip into those cracks when infused with the magic of your rage. While raging, you gain a resistance bonus to reflex saves equal to 1/2 your class level.
    • Alien Magic: Your magic comes from somewhere, something or someone that the majority of the world is blissfully unaware of, and losing control can let it bubble to the surface. While raging, your skin ripples with strange growths and energies, granting you DR/- equal to 1/2 your class level that stacks with any other DR/- you may have.
    • Primal Magic: Your magic, and your rage, are as ancient as the trees themselves. While raging, you gain fast healing equal to 1/2 your class level.

Metaragic (Su): At 5th level, the rage sage can, as a standard action, end his rage prematurely, and in the same action cast any spell he can normally cast, affected by any metamagic feats he knows, so long as the spell's effective level does not exceed the amount of rounds remaining in the rage when it was dismissed. The rage sage cannot use this ability to cast a spell of a higher level than he could normally cast; that is, a barbarian 1/warmage 5/rage sage 5 could not cast meteor swarm nor maximized empowered orb of acid using this ability, even if he had nine or more rounds remaining in his rage. After ending his rage in this fashion, the rage sage is exhausted.
    The rage sage cannot use this ability if he cannot, for any reason, voluntarily end the rage himself.

Primordial Power (Su): At 7th level, the rage sage delves deeper into the origins of his magic, chosen for the primordial fury ability:
    • Draconic Magic: You have the presence of a dragon. While raging, you gain a +2 circumstance bonus to Charisma.
    • Celestial Magic: You have the wisdom of an angel. While raging, you gain a +2 circumstance bonus to Wisdom.
    • Infernal Magic: You have the cunning of a fiend. While raging, you gain a +2 circumstance bonus to Intelligence.
    • Planar Magic: You have the speed of a planar traveller. While raging, you gain a +2 circumstance bonus to Dexterity.
    • Alien Magic: You have otherworldly resilience. While raging, you gain a +2 circumstance bonus to Constitution.
    • Primal Magic: You have the strength of nature herself. While raging, you gain a +2 circumstance bonus to Strength.

Steely Focus (Ex): At 8th level, the rage sage's composure in his rage is absolute. While raging, he can maintain concentration on a spell as a swift action in any round that he makes an attack. He can also use metamagic feats while raging.

Primordial Perfection (Su): At 10th level, the rage sage has become one with the origins of his magic, granting him an ability usable 1/round from the following list, depending on the origin chosen for primordial fury:
    • Draconic Magic: The dragon's powers are many, and by learning one, you have become privy to another. While raging, whenever you cast a spell, you may breathe a 30ft cone, dealing 1d6 fire damage per level of the spell (Reflex save for half damage, DC is equal to the spell's DC, or the DC it would have it if allowed a save).
    • Celestial Magic: The greatest of angels are merciful even in heated battle, and from this mercy you have learned to draw power. While raging, when you cast a spell, you may grant any other creature within Close range 1d6 temporary hit points per level of the spell.
    • Infernal Magic: All fiends know how to get out of a sticky situation, and you are no different. While raging, whenever you cast a spell you may immediately teleport within 5ft per spell level.
    • Planar Magic: While most people regard the inaccuracy of planar travel as a flaw, you have learned to exploit it when it suits you. While raging, whenever you cast a spell, you gain a miss chance of 5% per spell level. This miss chance lasts until the beginning of your next turn.
    • Alien Magic: You have entered madness and come out on the other side. While raging, whenever you cast a spell, you may cause one creature within Close range to become sickened (Will save negates, DC is equal to the spell's DC, or the DC it would have it if allowed a save) for one round per level of the spell.
    • Primal Magic: Such is your connection with the world around you that the smallest action on your part brings forth life and growth. While raging, whenever you cast a spell, you may designate a number of 5ft cubes equal to the spell's level within Close range as difficult terrain, as trees and bushes spring up immediately. These cubes do not have to be adjacent, but a cube that is not touching the ground must be touching another cube (so, you could stack nine 5ft cubes on top of one another to create a 45ft tree, but not have a single 5ft cube hovering in the air). These plants disappear when your rage ends.

Adaptation: Psionic Rage Sage
    Most practitioners of magic get where they are through study and discipline, but psionic powers tend to awaken spontaneously, especially in wilders. For some psionics users, the path of the rage sage is thus even more natural than continuing to advance in their original class.
    If not listed in the adaptation, the ability remains the same, but works for psionic powers instead of spells.

Prerequisites:
    Feats: Combat Manifestation
    Manifesting: Manifester Level 1

Primordial Fury (Su): Psionics do not have ties to dragons like some spellcasters do, nor do they originate from nature. Instead of the Primal and Draconic origins, psionic rage sages can select one of the following:
    • Personal Power: You are not a mere student rehashing things others have discovered before you, but a trailblazer of the mind, forging new ways of wielding your mental might. While raging, you gain a bonus to your manifesting stat for the purpose of calculating the DCs of your powers equal to 1/2 your class level.
    • Collective Power: Sentient minds may think they act alone, but you have discovered the web of consciousness that unites them. From that web, you draw more power than your own mind could otherwise contain. While raging, you gain access to a special pool of power points. At the beginning of your turn, this pool gains power points equal to 1/2 your class level, up to a maximum of your ML. You cannot directly replenish your personal power points from this pool, nor can you draw power points from more than one source to manifest a power.

A psionic rage sage can select either one of these origins or the Celestial, Infernal, Planar or Alien origins (as per Complete Psionic, psionic powers can have links to any of these things).

Metaragic(Su): Same as standard rage sage, but the psionic rage sage must also expend his psionic focus if using metapsionic feats (though he need only do so once, thus allowing him to apply multiple metapsionic feats to the power he is manifesting).

Primordial Power(Su):
    • Personal Power: Your gift gives you unparalleled confidence. While raging, you gain a +2 circumstance bonus to Charisma.
    • Collective Power: You can draw physical, as well as mental, power from the minds of others. While raging, you gain a +2 circumstance bonus to Strength.

Primordial Perfection(Su):
    • Personal Power: You have learned to enhance your abilities by forming unorthodox combinations of powers. While raging, whenever you manifest a power that cannot normally be augmented, you may augment it using the augment of another power you know, so long as that second power's level is less than or equal to the level of the first. If parts of the augment are illegal (such as adding an extra target, for a power that does not have targets) then they are ignored. For example, you may augment energy wall with thought shield's augment, increasing its duration by 1 or more rounds, but it would not provide any power resistance. You could use the augment of psionic disintegrate on ultrablast, but not on decerebrate, because decerebrate does not deal damage.
    • Collective Power: You can use the minds of others to calm your own. While raging, whenever you manifest a power, you may immediately make a check to regain psionic focus as a free action, with a bonus to the check equal to the level of the power.
    Last edited by Flickerdart; 2011-10-15 at 01:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: [3.5 PrC, PEACH] Ever get so mad you started casting spells while raging?

You say that the rage sage can maintain absolute concentration while he is raging, but you don't give him the ability to use metamagic feats while raging. (Though Metaragic is nice)

Perhaps you could make the ability to use metamagic feats while raging a feat that has Steely Focus as a prerequisite?

3. - Top - End - #3

Default Re: [3.5 PrC, PEACH] Ever get so mad you started casting spells while raging?

Heh, I forgot that Rage has that stupid restriction on feats. Steely Focus now allows the rage sage to use metamagic.

Kind of considering letting him use item creation feats while raging, just because it's such a stupid idea (who's going to rage and then sit down to craft, and why?).
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

4. - Top - End - #4

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Heh, I forgot that Rage has that stupid restriction on feats. Steely Focus now allows the rage sage to use metamagic.
    I figured. Seerow did the same thing with his Rage Mage fix.

Kind of considering letting him use item creation feats while raging, just because it's such a stupid idea (who's going to rage and then sit down to craft, and why?).
    RAAAAAAAAWR! I'm SO PISSED RIGHT NOW! I will spend the next 30 to 60 seconds FORGING THIS SWORD!

Edit: On a serious note though, you should make an ACF or an adaptation for a psionic version. Please
    Last edited by NeoSeraphi; 2011-10-12 at 01:53 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Firbolg in the Playground

This guy, actually. And I think I actually made it pretty awesome, rather than a stupid idea.
    Last edited by Djinn_in_Tonic; 2011-10-12 at 02:10 PM.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

You know, for really simple things, a high craft check might actually result in a one minute creation. Maybe not for magic items, but that still could be pretty amusing.
    Domriso's Homebrew Compendium - A collection of all of my homebrew, throwing in my own design philosophy and my conceptions for possible new things.

Geomancy, Runic Magic, probably more at a later date:
    Come see my Homebrew!

Ever heard of the Ultimate Classes? They're pretty sweet. Check them out here.

I've had an interview over at Tellest! You should go see!

7. - Top - End - #7

Quote Originally Posted by Domriso View Post
    You know, for really simple things, a high craft check might actually result in a one minute creation. Maybe not for magic items, but that still could be pretty amusing.
    You don't need item creation feats to craft mundane objects.
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective

8. - Top - End - #8
    Orc in the Playground

This is true. I suppose I was more commenting on the idea of someone raging and attempting to craft something. When your rage only lasts for 30 - 60 seconds a day, you won't get much done unless you can make things really fast.
    Domriso's Homebrew Compendium - A collection of all of my homebrew, throwing in my own design philosophy and my conceptions for possible new things.

Geomancy, Runic Magic, probably more at a later date:
    Come see my Homebrew!

Ever heard of the Ultimate Classes? They're pretty sweet. Check them out here.

I've had an interview over at Tellest! You should go see!

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Domriso View Post
    This is true. I suppose I was more commenting on the idea of someone raging and attempting to craft something. When your rage only lasts for 30 - 60 seconds a day, you won't get much done unless you can make things really fast.
    Clearly we should be looking at how to maintain rage for 24 straight hours.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eurus View Post
    Clearly we should be looking at how to maintain rage for 24 straight hours.
    Considering each rage extension builds in rounds, that seems like it'd be a rather difficult proposition.

Also, yay for a rage caster not tied to divine or arcane, though I would love if it got further generalized to a CL so Warlocks could get in.

I also second a psionic version, as you know we need support for Barbarian/Wilders!
    Goblin Cannon Crew avatar by Vrythas.
    Spoiler
    Show

Gnome Gun Mage avatar by NEO|Phyte
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletmanalive View Post
    Damn you Cieyrin! Cieyrin!!!!!read as Khaaaaan!

My badges! :D
    My Homebrew
    The Gunslinger's Handbook
    Archetype Combo List!

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

For the purpose of Berserker Rage, you should specify that levels in this class stack with levels in the Barbarian base class for the purpose of Rage benefits.

So that, you know, you could hurt yourself down to under ~65 HP, and Rage ALL DAY, EVERY DAY.
    Quote Originally Posted by segtrfyhtfgj View Post
    door is a fake exterior wall
    If you see me try to discuss the nitty-gritty of D&D 5e, kindly point me to my signature and remind me that I shouldn't. Please and thank you!

12. - Top - End - #12

Quote Originally Posted by Amechra View Post
    For the purpose of Berserker Rage, you should specify that levels in this class stack with levels in the Barbarian base class for the purpose of Rage benefits.

So that, you know, you could hurt yourself down to under ~65 HP, and Rage ALL DAY, EVERY DAY.
    Where's Berserker Rage from?

And looks like I have no choice but to make a psionic version now. Stay tuned!
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground

Where's Berserker Rage from?
    Player's Handbook 2
    Goblin Cannon Crew avatar by Vrythas.
    Spoiler
    Show

Gnome Gun Mage avatar by NEO|Phyte
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletmanalive View Post
    Damn you Cieyrin! Cieyrin!!!!!read as Khaaaaan!

My badges! :D
    My Homebrew
    The Gunslinger's Handbook
    Archetype Combo List!

14. - Top - End - #14

Hm. Should this PrC progress effective Barbarian level? It would make Berserker Strength actually useful (since 5HP/level is a lot more with d8s than with d12s) but I kind of feel that the class is already really strong.
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Flickerdart, I'm saying this now: this is my Rage Mage for all future games I run.

A full PEACH will becoming in the near future.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Wings of Peace View Post
    "See these cookies? Note how while good they taste sort of bland. Now try these, they're the same cookies but with chocolate chips added. Notice how with the second batch we expended slightly more ingredients but dramatically enhanced the flavor? That's metamagic."
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    Seriously, can we kill this misconception now? A wizard is never late, nor is he early. He shops for precisely what he means to.

Winner of Junkyard Wars 31.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Barbarian in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quick comment: the class seems to allow arcane and divine entry, but the Primordial options don't seem to reflect divine magic too well.

Otherwise I love it.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Bugbear in the Playground

I would give the extra damage from Infernal aspect of Primordial Fury the same type as the damage dealt... but when it comes to spells that have a continuing duration or spells that fire a volley, have the bonus only apply on the initial damage or to one missile/ray/orb etc.

I would also list the the bonus to reflex saves from the Planar aspect as an insight or perfection bonus. I think resistance is too common.
    Last edited by Andion Isurand; 2011-10-15 at 12:50 PM.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

*Opening*
    Basically, this is Rage Mage 2.0: or how it should have been from the beginning.

Prerequisites:
    Feats: Combat Casting
    Spellcasting: Ability to cast 1st level spells
    Entry requirements are easy to obtain, favoring a more BAB-focused entry than caster with a one level dip into barbarian. The spell requirements mean that any caster is doable, which is nice.

*table, skills, HD, etc.*
    HD looks solid. Better than the Eldritch Knight, on par with Knight Phantom. I'd almost say that you could swing a d10, but over 10 levels, well, that may be "too much." If anything else, it's appropriate. BAB is solid. The 3/4s on Rage Mage always seemed dumb to me. Good Fort/Will seems appropriate. Not all gish-PrCs gain two good saves, but when you're a raging barbarian, it fits.

The lack of Knowledge (Arcana) bugs me, but other than that, skills seem solid.

Eight out of ten casting looks solid. Losing the levels at 1 and 10 is pretty standard, in my opinion.

Note: "Rage" is used to describe all similar abilities such as Frenzy or Ferocity that can be used to qualify for the class.
    This is a must. Just throwing that down there from a strict-RAW reading is wonderful, since it really opens things up for other types of "rages."

Mystic Rage (Ex): The rage sage's signature ability is to remain calm in mind even as his body surges with frothing fury. A rage sage can cast spells while in a rage, so long as the level of the spell is equal to or lower than his class level.
    This starts off slow (assuming something like Barbarian 1/Caster 6 entry), but gains speed fast. Assuming just straight Rage Sage levels without stops off into things like Abjurant Champion, by the time you hit Rage Sage 4, you're on track with your highest level of spells cast-able. Not bad by ~ECL 9.

Rage (Ex): At 2nd, 6th and 10th levels, a rage sage gains an additional use of rage.
    A must have. Rage Sage 2 may be a little light on class features, though. Maybe throw barbarian progression here, thus something like "Rage Sage levels stack with other class levels that gain rage for purposes of determining higher rage abilities, like a Barbarian' Greater Rage, but at Rage Sage level -1."

Spellburst (Su): *snip*
    I love this. It's like a selfish version of the War Weaver's Quiescent Weaving, but with the limitation that the spells only last for up to the rage's duration. Still bursts the action economy, but at least it does so for only a rage/combat.

Primordial Fury (Su):*snip*
    Looking at just this class feature and not its progressions, in my opinion, Primal, Alien and Draconic are the clear winners. Celestial is nice if you're casting more spells in your rage, but it feels kind of "meh" to me. Fiendish is more damage, which can add up with attack spams, but rage itself already gives you more damage anyhow. The fact that the reflex save bonus is resistance type means that, especially since it caps out at +5, you're better set grabbing either a resistance item or using one of the Resistance-line of spells for the day.

Metaragic (Su):
    Solid Metamagic boosting class feature without the issues of giving away truly free persistent X spell.

Primordial Power (Su): At 7th level, the rage sage delves deeper into the origins of his magic, chosen for the primordial fury ability:
    Having this grow out of a previous class feature is great. I approve. I'm torn here, because it really feels like you either go your casting stat for higher saves (Fiendish, Celestial, Draconic) or Planar/Primal for more to-hit and either AC/Initiative and damage. That being said, I like that there are no clear winners even if "+2 to a stat" is kind of a lazy approach, from a designer's standpoint.

This is another level where I would add stuffs. Adding more to your stats is nice, but it basically amounts to +1, maybe +2 (in the case of two-handed weapon damage) to a bunch of various things, even if it is just "more" to this class feature. From a gut reaction, I'd say add more "tricks" to each "bloodline" here, kind of like what you did with the capstone.

Steely Focus (Ex): *snip*
    Solid class feature! I like what it does, even if it's coming online at level ~13-15. Not bad.

Primordial Perfection (Su):
    Solid capstone. It encourages using spells during a rage and throws you some benefits for doing so. Looking at this class feature in and of itself, I'll gauge the "bloodlines."

Draconic basically adds free "fireball" at the same DC as whatever it is your casting. The DC probably getting boosted by +1 from Primordial Power. The damage will probably be a tad low, though capping at 9d6 for a 9th level spell.

Celestial is a free healing. Probably will be insignificant at this point, though. Earliest this capstone comes online is 15th, and by this point, per spell, you get to float only 1d6 per spell level. Thus, unless you're blowing a carp-ton of spells during your rage, it just won't do much.

Infernal Magic is really, really good. Cast a low level, swift/immediate action spell? Teleport ~10 ft! I love this time of maneuvering, especially considering how much I love grabbing oddball immediate action spells when I play gishes. Of the six, this is probably my favorite - and not just because I prefer my gishes to be INT-based.

Planar Magic is really good. Free miss chances are nothing to scoff at. For a capstone, this is probably the strongest option, just considering how hard it can be to bypass stackable miss chances, even when some of them are only going to be a 5% chance.

Alien magic feels like the weakest, both due to immunities and the fact that sicken is only a -2 with a save attached to it by ~15th level.

Primal magic is weird. Not bad weird, just weird. Free trees are nothing to laugh at, though: being able to prevent certain types of movement and more importantly where said movement can take you can be powerful.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Wings of Peace View Post
    "See these cookies? Note how while good they taste sort of bland. Now try these, they're the same cookies but with chocolate chips added. Notice how with the second batch we expended slightly more ingredients but dramatically enhanced the flavor? That's metamagic."
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    Seriously, can we kill this misconception now? A wizard is never late, nor is he early. He shops for precisely what he means to.

Winner of Junkyard Wars 31.

19. - Top - End - #19

Boom! Psionic adaptation. Instead of rebalancing the origins, I may have made the power discrepancy even worse!
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective

20. - Top - End - #20

Steely Resolve should allow a psionic rage sage to make Concentration checks while raging, so that he can enter and maintain psionic focus.

21. - Top - End - #21

Oh Rage, is there no end to dumb things you forbid? Mystic Rage now allows Concentration while raging for both kinds of rage sage, because it's really quite an important skill to use when casting in melee.
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective

22. - Top - End - #22

Oh Rage, is there no end to dumb things you forbid? Mystic Rage now allows Concentration while raging for both kinds of rage sage, because it's really quite an important skill to use when casting in melee.
    As a homebrewer/rules lawyer who spends countless hours writing fixes for mechanics that started broken, I should tell you that the most important thing to do when writing a fix for something WotC made impossible is to read each rule of it carefully.