New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Let's Play: Neverwinter Nights (Prelude Finished)

Unfortunately, what happened is that I didn't know I ran out of space and played for a few more minutes... I hope there is some good autosave I can return to but I don't think so. I'll some up what happened in the next episode.
    A wise monk trains both mind and body, but a smart monk is actually a swordsage.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

And after a break from NWN (For the sake of Fallout: New Vegas) we continue with our adventures in Neverwinter. Finished with the Beggar's Nest, I am ready to step into the Docks.

Part 14: Nest's End.
    A wise monk trains both mind and body, but a smart monk is actually a swordsage.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

Part 15: Through No-Man's Land
    Uploading Part 16: Questing in Blacklake.

I hate traps. But while the few deadly ones I encountered in the last couple of episodes somewhat make sense in game, I don't really get the design point. You either know what to expect and disarm them one way or the other, or you make a mistake and die. A trap should raise the challenge, but those don't... If it made you weaker and forced you to spend resources, but just killing you doesn't do it. You reload, return and bypass the trap. That's just a bit of a time sink.

Besides, I realize that the nobles should be able to afford strong defenses... But considering the weak mooks they have around and the amount of gold I find, it makes me think. Did they sink their entire wealth into one strong trap and realized they need guards too?
    Last edited by Sliver; 2012-09-18 at 10:58 PM.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

Took some time to upload, but here it is.

Part 16: Questing in Blacklake.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

You were asking earlier what potions of clarity do- they provide temporary immunity to mind-affecting (including fear)
    Part of YugiohITP

Warning: This post may contain traces of nuts, madness and/or sarcasm, you have been warned.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

So it's sorta like mind blank? Guess I should keep them in mind when I'm fighting caster bosses.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
    So it's sorta like mind blank? Guess I should keep them in mind when I'm fighting caster bosses.
    Also useful against anything with a Fear aura.
    Part of YugiohITP

Warning: This post may contain traces of nuts, madness and/or sarcasm, you have been warned.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

Do you know if henchmen can use it? I'm guessing once it's under the fear effect it can't and it seems unlikely he'll use it in advance...

9. - Top - End - #39
    Troll in the Playground

Do you know if henchmen can use it? I'm guessing once it's under the fear effect it can't and it seems unlikely he'll use it in advance...
    I believe henchpersons can use it- you just might have to deliberately arrange it, because the AI isn't that smart.
    Part of YugiohITP

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

So after some time having issues running the game due to the video card, the problem seems to have solved itself and we can continue on our merry way.

Part 17: The Hodge Estate
    Part 18: A Stealthy Operation
    Last edited by Sliver; 2012-09-28 at 11:32 AM.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

Haven't been doing it in a while, haven't I?

Well, I'm trying some other methods of recording, so this one is just different way of voice recording. I think it sounds a little better, but I'll continue looking.

Part 19: Wizard Cleanup

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

And I finish with Blacklake District with the wonderful episode Animal Rescue.

I believe I got the audio levels quite better. I think now it's easier to hear me. Any suggestions on getting it better?

13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground

And I finish with Blacklake District with the wonderful episode Animal Rescue.

I believe I got the audio levels quite better. I think now it's easier to hear me. Any suggestions on getting it better?
    One major issue with the audio- your voice was so faint that I didn't stand a chance of keeping up with your commentary...
    Part of YugiohITP

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mercenary Pen View Post
    One major issue with the audio- your voice was so faint that I didn't stand a chance of keeping up with your commentary...
    Yeah, it got drowned by the game, even when I kept it's audio levels low. But I believe it's much better this time around. Were there points in the last video where it was hard to hear me?

15. - Top - End - #45
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah, it got drowned by the game, even when I kept it's audio levels low. But I believe it's much better this time around. Were there points in the last video where it was hard to hear me?
    Part 19 was fine, part 20 I couldn't hear what you were saying at all so I gave up trying...
    Part of YugiohITP

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

Really? I... Don't really see it... I checked quite a few points in the video and I can always hear myself a lot better than in previous videos, never I got it unclear... Perhaps it's on a different audio channel that you aren't getting? Part 19 was recorded quite differently than any of the others...

When I'm watching stuff on my laptop with headphones, I know that they don't always pick up all the channels and I hear the commentary much weaker, even though it's recorded fine. I had to plug the headphones in a special position for them to work properly, which was annoying...

17. - Top - End - #47
    Troll in the Playground

Really? I... Don't really see it... I checked quite a few points in the video and I can always hear myself a lot better than in previous videos, never I got it unclear... Perhaps it's on a different audio channel that you aren't getting? Part 19 was recorded quite differently than any of the others...

When I'm watching stuff on my laptop with headphones, I know that they don't always pick up all the channels and I hear the commentary much weaker, even though it's recorded fine. I had to plug the headphones in a special position for them to work properly, which was annoying...
    well, laptop with headphones is pretty much the only way I do these things...
    Part of YugiohITP

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

You should check the enhancement tab for your speakers or headphones. Perhaps loudness equalization would improve that or one of the other options...

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

I made a slight adjustement to the audio recording in this one, tell me if you can hear a difference.

Part 21: Of Docks and Wizards
    Part 22: Dock Adventuring
    Last edited by Sliver; 2012-10-19 at 05:44 AM.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

It's been a bit, apologies to my viewer! I blame Minecraft... And myself, but mostly Minecraft.

Anyway, Episode 23: Underground Pirates!

Next episode will come up tomorrow morning.

If you're still watching this, Pen, then tell me if this one is better.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

Episode 24: Sewers! Is out and about.