New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: League of Legends XL: Season on Hold 'til Morello gets Gold

This guy needs to be banned. I can understand if he did this in a custom game for the lols, but it looks like he did it in a normal/ranked game against players who were not expecting it. Insta-permaban right now!
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

2. - Top - End - #152
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    This guy needs to be banned. I can understand if he did this in a custom game for the lols, but it looks like he did it in a normal/ranked game against players who were not expecting it. Insta-permaban right now!
    From what I heard, Ranked, but on PBE, so basically meaningless. Still a nasty surprise, though.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

All this stuff happened a few months ago, and yes, people got banned for it. Some people got slaps on the wrist, those that only used it to see if it worked and/or only played a single game with ze hax.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deophaun View Post
    It doesn't so much as demean the celestial monkey's existence, so much as fulfill it. Without the ability to be summoned to set off traps, retrieve objects from dangerous situations, and all and all be a party's guinea pig, the Celestial Monkey would languish in obscurity in the MM and do nothing more legendary than eat celestial bananas.
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #154
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reynard View Post
    All this stuff happened a few months ago, and yes, people got banned for it. Some people got slaps on the wrist, those that only used it to see if it worked and/or only played a single game with ze hax.
    Oh, it was back then? Okay, that makes me feel better than. I knew there were some kind of gliches and bugs, but I didn't know exactly what it was. How did they exploit it?

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, it was back then? Okay, that makes me feel better than. I knew there were some kind of gliches and bugs, but I didn't know exactly what it was. How did they exploit it?
    Something happened (not sure what) that let you put more mastery points into a mastery than the stated cap said you could. This made the 15% cdr on summoner spells mastery much better than it should have been.
    Last edited by Reynard; 2012-11-15 at 11:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deophaun View Post
    It doesn't so much as demean the celestial monkey's existence, so much as fulfill it. Without the ability to be summoned to set off traps, retrieve objects from dangerous situations, and all and all be a party's guinea pig, the Celestial Monkey would languish in obscurity in the MM and do nothing more legendary than eat celestial bananas.
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #156
    Firbolg in the Playground

If I remember correctly, there was a glitch in the Mastery pages that allows you to put more than the usual number of points into any one thing.

Needless to say, one mastery offers percentile CDR for Summoner Spells. You can imagine the rest.
    Last edited by Djinn_in_Tonic; 2012-11-15 at 11:11 AM.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Djinn_in_Tonic View Post
    If I remember correctly, there was a glitch in the Mastery pages that allows you to put more than the usual number of points into any one thing.

Needless to say, one mastery offers percentile CDR for Summoner Spells. You can imagine the rest.
    Ah, so all 30 points in the Summoner spell cd reduction. Apparently that doesn't stop at the 40% mark. That explains everything.

I remember when we were talking about a no cooldown on champion abilities. Everyone was picking Karthus or Mundo. And then I said "Tryndamiere" and won that discussion.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Titan in the Playground

An honor question: I normally have Honorable Opponent, but when entering Champ Select I now have the Great Teammate ribbon.

I was considering if this means that I have both, with enemies seeing HO and allies seeing GT. Anyone tried confirming if it's like this?
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

Old-to-New table converter. Also not made by me.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PersonMan View Post
    I was considering if this means that I have both, with enemies seeing HO and allies seeing GT. Anyone tried confirming if it's like this?
    This is correct. Your opponents will see Honorable Opponent, while your teammates will see the "rarest" ribbon you possess in your region.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Djinn_in_Tonic View Post
    This is correct. Your opponents will see Honorable Opponent, while your teammates will see the "rarest" ribbon you possess in your region.
    Ah. Cool.

It's a shame I don't get to see all of them at once, though. That would be nice.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

Old-to-New table converter. Also not made by me.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Barbarian in the Playground

New support incoming! My wallet is developing a will of its own!

Morello's being very vague so far, but she'll apparently be water-themed, and have a way to heal in combat. (Read: Morello's excited because it'll be a healer that won't be all about lane sustain but rather clutch heals in fights)
    Her pic:
    Spoiler
    Show

In before she has Urf's passive.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Troll in the Playground

Ah, so all 30 points in the Summoner spell cd reduction. Apparently that doesn't stop at the 40% mark. That explains everything.

I remember when we were talking about a no cooldown on champion abilities. Everyone was picking Karthus or Mundo. And then I said "Tryndamiere" and won that discussion.
    No cooldown on champion abilities != no cooldown on items/summoner spells, so Trynd would still be easily counterable, i'm afraid.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Bugbear in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by aethernox View Post
    No cooldown on champion abilities != no cooldown on items/summoner spells, so Trynd would still be easily counterable, i'm afraid.
    How do you counter someone who doesn't die?

EDIT:

With the new HoG nerfs should I still pick it up for Shen?
    Last edited by JKTrickster; 2012-11-15 at 01:31 PM.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post

Morello's being very vague so far, but she'll apparently be water-themed, and have a way to heal in combat. (Read: Morello's excited because it'll be a healer that won't be all about lane sustain but rather clutch heals in fights)
    Her pic:
    Spoiler
    Show

I knew I had bought extra Riot Points for a reason
    Is it sad that the first thing I thought was "Where's her Arlong Pirates tattoo?"

15. - Top - End - #165
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Adumbration View Post
    Don't know the specifics of the mechanics, but here's what happened to me: in the middle of a teamfight (which we were winning) the screen froze like in a DC (you could still try clicking, but the champions just stood there) and it started trying to reconnect. At first I thought it was a problem with my internet, but after booting my connection it still did not connect. I exited the game and it threw me straight back into the front page of League client. No traces of the game - recently played summoners list, the games in my profile, Elo change - were to be found.

It's as if the game never happened.
    Could be Riot serverside problem too. But there was the drophack going around that basically drops a game from the server; basically some type of a DDoS on the server I recall.

Riot sorta mitigated it (so that it should only cause latency rather than dropping people), but this was what it did. So there's always the possibility that someone used it/modified version that still functions and it worked.

No, you still had to qualify for it. Unfortunately 15*7 is 100% so yeah.

100% Champ Cooldown reductions would have a few quite retarded options. Soraka is pretty bad (sit on spawn, spam no-cast time/no-cooldown Wish), Skarner would be retarded, Karthus would be stupid, etc.

Curiously Trynd could still be killed by pulling him to spawn laser which ignores his ult. And with no CDR that wouldn't be very hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post

Her pic:
    Spoiler
    Show

Nami, huh? And a mermaid. *Insert random One Piece comment here*
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2012-11-15 at 01:55 PM.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ettin in the Playground

Honestly, I think Riven would be one of the strongest champs with no cooldown. Mainly because in order for people to use their OP ults, they have to reach level 6. Once she hits level 3, she has an infinite shield, permastun, and infinite dashes.

Stick a cleanse on her and she literally could end the game on her own.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh dear god, Ezreal

BLINKBLINKBABLINKBLINKBLINKBLINKQQQBLINKBLINKBLINK QQQWBLINK

Soraka: So, you wanna go to lane now?
    Ez:.... Naw BLINKBABLINKBLINKBLINK
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Oh dear god, Ezreal

BLINKBLINKBABLINKBLINKBLINKBLINKQQQBLINKBLINKBLINK QQQWBLINK

Soraka: So, you wanna go to lane now?
    Ez:.... Naw BLINKBABLINKBLINKBLINK
    You know they'd still cost mana, right?

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire View Post
    Honestly, I think Riven would be one of the strongest champs with no cooldown. Mainly because in order for people to use their OP ults, they have to reach level 6. Once she hits level 3, she has an infinite shield, permastun, and infinite dashes.

Stick a cleanse on her and she literally could end the game on her own.
    If we're going down the Omnificiser path, Alistar beats Riven rather handily. He's got his insta-win as early as lvl 1, and easily at lvl 2(mini Malphite pwnage). If you're not behind your tower, he can kill you before you hit the ground.

And then there's Morgana's long range snare, for lvl 1 pwnage, since you can't run from or towards her once you get caught. I'm sure there's other lvl 1s that do ridiculously well with no-CD abilities, but Morgana is fairly up there. Nidalee, probably, due to her spear's ridiculous base damage and range, thus not needing CC unless everyone had this power somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Nami, huh? And a mermaid. *Insert random One Piece comment here*
    Gawd, they're really making that reference, aren't they?
    I started my first campaign around a campfire, having pancakes. They were blueberry.
    My homebrew(updated 6/17):

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    You know they'd still cost mana, right?
    Manamune, Athenes, AA, Boots of whatever, more Mana regen. Sit in fountain. ULT THE WHOLE MAP. Try to push lanes now .
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

21. - Top - End - #171

Since abilities would still cost mana, yeah, I think a manaless champ with hard cc would do quite nicely, and Riven fits the bill perfectly. I guess Renekton has his stun, too, but that's single target, and attached to an autoattack, so I'd say Riven's is still superior. I mean, she has an infinite number of dashes to reach you, and an infinite amount of stuns to kill you. Her ult even increases the range of both of those things. The only counterplay is not getting hit, or perma-locking her, but with mana constraints, she'll come out on top as long as her health outlasts your mana.
    Quote Originally Posted by JeminiZero View Post
    Gamer cancels life, interrupted by Dwarf Fortress.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ettin in the Playground

Wait...... Would Renekton's ultimate stack? That's a free 300 HP increase, AoE effect, and passive rage regen. Not to mention I'm pretty sure his W resets his auto attack counter, so with no CD that means infinite autoattacks in rapid succession, building up rage which then deals more stun damage. Renekton seems to be pretty well off in that department.
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

23. - Top - End - #173
    Troll in the Playground

Rengar. QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ.

Some of those are even ferocity boosted!

I mean, sure he has to close the gap to do it but once he does he's kind of turning you into mush.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh yeah, Rengar E aswell. Permaslow and every 5th one stuns, so basically you're never catching him.
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

25. - Top - End - #175

I doubt his ultimate would stack with itself. It's basically a buff, yes? And most buffs/debuffs of the same kind don't stack, they refresh, like Nunu's Bloodboil. And his stuns are still limited by his auto-attack animation, while Riven's are limited by cast time, which I'm pretty sure is shorter than Renek's animation. Also, I think her stun outranges most melee-range autos, but spells and autos also work a bit differently in regards to range, I think, so I dunno.
    Quote Originally Posted by JeminiZero View Post
    Gamer cancels life, interrupted by Dwarf Fortress.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Dwarf in the Playground

I think I'll add my name to the player list if you folks don't mind.

Server: NA
    Forum Name: Dire Ferret
    Summoner Name: Guvna Kit Kit

I'd like to be able to play some games where I can actually talk to my team. :D

27. - Top - End - #177
    Troll in the Playground

You don't need to worry about minions if there are no cooldowns, so Ezreal would suck. Karthus would be strong but shields/heals/spellshields/wishes would invalidate his threat. With a couple of mana items Skarner and Rammus would kill the otherwise unkillable Trynd/Riven, whose only objective would be to take towers. Olaf and, to a lesser extent, Alistar would be the go-to pushers if they had secured Soraka support. Even if you can't kill Trynd, Fiddlesticks et al could shut him down indefinitely and could kill Riven & friends.
    Last edited by ex cathedra; 2012-11-15 at 03:41 PM.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground

I can finally talk about one of the major projects I've been working on.
    http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2801752

29. - Top - End - #179
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SweetRein View Post
    I can finally talk about one of the major projects I've been working on.
    http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2801752
    Wow. This looks really interesting. I've always felt the current system is a bit clunky and provides less information than it could. I'll have to see how this works out in practice but in theory, this seems great. Are you at a liberty to tell how long this project has been worked on?

Now if only unit health bars were accompanied by armor/MR bars and perhaps some way to communicate any armor penetration, CDR and MPen those units have I feel all the important information would be readily available in the in-game screen.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Troll in the Playground

That moment when your support takes too long picking and randoms another ADC.

Thankfully, the OTHER adc is Kog, and he has a ton of utility; Kog + Cait is going to be interesting.
    Last edited by NineThePuma; 2012-11-15 at 04:07 PM.