New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 30 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #871
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Fire Emblem - Seal of Fate II

All right, here is what I think we need item-wise. Anselm will withdraw the Iron Lance from the Convoy, sticking in the two anti-toxins. A new Javelin and perhaps a vulnerary is in order for him. Nathaniel could also use a vulnerary, other then that, he's fine. Jalnir can toss the Dracoshield and Master Seal in storage for now, to be used when needed, (unless someone thinks they could really use some more defense right about now), and take the steel sword. He needs a heavy hitting weapon that isn't expensive. Lillian can start stocking up on healing staves. Aran could use a javelin too, sadly, I don't think we can afford to also get him a steel lance.

We should be able to afford all this if we sell both of our gems, though I'm not sure about the exact numbers, I only ran over it in general.
    The only thing worse than an empty signature is one that has nothing at all to say. One that simply yammers on with little or no point; quietly, subtly draining away seconds of your life.

The worst are the ones that look like they have a point. Multiple paragraph monstrosities that you're sure will have some sort of satisfying conclusion. Some sort of goal, to show that your reading was not in vain.

It doesn't and it was.

2. - Top - End - #872
    Titan in the Playground

(Mkay Blue, lets see...

20 Gold (Current funds)
    +2500 (Sell Red Gem)
    +5000 (Sell Blue Gem)
    =7520 Gold
    -800 (Buy Heal Staff)
    -500 (Buy Javelin)
    -600 (Buy Two Vulneraries)
    =5620 Gold

And thats just the stuff you esentially said that you can't do without. You've got plenty of funds if you want to get Aran a javelin too or want to have a few heal/mend staves in reserve incase you can't or forget to buy them at a later date.)

------

(Exterior of the fortress Green is investigating. The door just won't budge.)

3. - Top - End - #873
    Troll in the Playground

(So, Javelin and Steel lance for Aran would leave us at 4160, then another 1000 for a Mend staff seems like a good idea.)
    Thanks to Elrond for the Vash avatar.

4. - Top - End - #874
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reverent-One View Post
    (So, Javelin and Steel lance for Aran would leave us at 4160, then another 1000 for a Mend staff seems like a good idea.)
    Seems good to me.
    Avatar Credit: the very talented PseudoStraw. Full image:
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #875
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Hmm... Maybe we could try around the back?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Now hiring for the postion of devil's advocate.

"'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and un-gobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"

6. - Top - End - #876
    Titan in the Playground

The brush is even thicker around the backside of the fortress. The thick foliage makes surveying the other walls a slow and tedious task. After quickly (relative... its still slow because of all the damn plant growth) surveying the fortress, you learn that there are no other doors leading into the fortress.

7. - Top - End - #877
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Well.. Nothing for it then." Gerard knocked on the door.
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #878
    Titan in the Playground

As they approach Katleia seems increasingly more uncomfortable. By the time they are standing in front of the fortress she is visibly shivering and shaking.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

9. - Top - End - #879
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Kat... You are going to be fine. We are going to be fine. It doesn't exactly look like it's holding a small army, does it? Once we find a way in, we'll have a look around, and that's that. Nothing is going to go wrong."
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #880
    Troll in the Playground

Jalnir wanders into one of the many taverns of the port, getting a drink for the moment and just paying attention to the room around him. Of most importance to him is any news relevant to their quest or potential ships to take them on the next leg of the journey.

11. - Top - End - #881
    Titan in the Playground

Despite the scarcity of activity outside, the tavern is incredibly crowded. It takes ridiculously long for Jalnir to find an open seat and even longer for service. With all the people crowded inside, it’s difficult to focus on a particular conversation, but it’s quite clear that the majority of the people inside are angry about something.

12. - Top - End - #882
    Troll in the Playground

Picking the nearest potential information source, Jalnir sees if he can make a new friend. "Hey buddy, let me buy you a drink, you look like you could use it."

13. - Top - End - #883
    Titan in the Playground

The man looks down at his own half-drained mug and then shrugs

Man: Fine by me.

He finishes off his drink and then waits for the next one to come. When he gets it, he takes a swig and then turns to Jalnir.

Man: You don't look like a sailor. Where are you from, stranger?

14. - Top - End - #884
    Troll in the Playground

"Well, you're right, I'm not sailor myself. Honestly, I've been all over the place, I'm part of a merchant company. Most recently from Taymeer though. Now if you don't mind me asking a question myself, what's going on here? There's a bit of hostility in the air."

15. - Top - End - #885
    Titan in the Playground

The man spits.

Man: Buncha the king's knights showed up not long ago and closed the port. Said they were tryin to find a potentially dangerous man and thought he might try to get on a ship... Something like that...

He takes another drink.

Man: Yeah, its all well and good if they wanna catch this guy, but if they keep the damn port shut then what the hell are the lot of us suppose to do? The sea is all most of us know. With the port closed, we got no work, nothing to do with our time, and no way to earn money.

He finishes the rest of it.

Man: I hope Salvan was your last stop, cuz you're not gonna be going any further til they catch the guy they're looking for.

16. - Top - End - #886
    Troll in the Playground

"That is a shame. Who's the man they want to capture, did they say anything about him?"

17. - Top - End - #887
    Titan in the Playground

Man: Not much... I think they said something about him being a powerful mage, but thats about it.

18. - Top - End - #888
    Ogre in the Playground

Rakken starts wondering around town.
    "It's... quiet. Maybe too quiet..."
    BY THE GODS YOU IDIOT!
    ...What?
    YOU JINXED US, YOU JERK! Now it's going to get extremely loud and dangerous!

...*insert the sound of silence*
    ... Any second now...
    you know that I'm more than just a doll do you?-Geno
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Thecrimsonmage and By Shades of Gray by Akrim.elf

and current made by me.

19. - Top - End - #889
    Ogre in the Playground

OOC: If red is taken and I missed it, someone let me know.

"WHAT DO YA MEAN I CAN'T LEAVE!?" A loud shout came from outside the tavern, startling even the severally inebriated patrons inside. If anyone would look outside, they would see a large man, almost 6 and a half feet tall shouting with a group of guards. Those that choose to listen more could hear what the argument was about. "I don't owe any sort of allegiance to you. I'm Kain Mordred! I'm a free man and the sea is the only country I swear to. Now, you better get out of my way and let me leave!" A large axe on his back glistened in the sun as the angry captain shoved the guard captain.
    Currently Playing:
    Rikard Loghaine in [4E] Grandpre Academy

Antivian Qualinyr in [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell

Avatar by the talented and generous Grinner!!!!

Check out this awesome website for D&D, MTG, Anime, Music, Movies, and more!!!

20. - Top - End - #890
    Titan in the Playground

Suddenly there is a massive explosion! The ground splits and legions of demon robot ninjas pour forth and only one man can stop them! Alas, this does not really happen... It is all in Rakken's head.

------

Guard Captain: We've explained this to you before, we can't...

After he shoves the guard captain, the others act quickly. Two grab him from behind, getting a good hold on his arms. A third takes the axe away.

Guard Captain: That was a very stupid thing to do.

The guard captain signals to his men. They beat Kain, drag him out of town, and throw him in the bushes.

21. - Top - End - #891
    Ogre in the Playground

Waiting to let the guards leave, Kain stood up. He wiped the blood off his face and then brushes himself off. "No, that was a stupid thing to do. Now I have to kill you all." He narrowed his eyes at the town and then sat back down under a tree. Right now, he needed a plan.
    Currently Playing:
    Rikard Loghaine in [4E] Grandpre Academy

Antivian Qualinyr in [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell

Avatar by the talented and generous Grinner!!!!

Check out this awesome website for D&D, MTG, Anime, Music, Movies, and more!!!

22. - Top - End - #892
    Troll in the Playground

Completely unaware of the mayham happening in the street as nobility so rarely seems to be often is, Lillian makes her way to the house of the local lords. Stoppimg before the gate she sees...
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #893
    Titan in the Playground

The building being guarded by three soldiers.

24. - Top - End - #894
    Troll in the Playground

Given the rather alarming nature of their previous encounter with national forces, Lillian decides to keep her travelling cloak on and approaches them cautiously, but deliberately. "Excuse me sirs, but I was wondering if you might know the details of what has been going on around these parts. I've been away for a while and I'm not sure of the lay of things."
    Last edited by Xondoure; 2010-07-29 at 12:20 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #895
    Titan in the Playground

The nearest guard smiles.

Guard: We're trying to find someone on the king's orders. This person disappeared not too long ago and our commander is investigating several places that he thinks this person may be headed for. He isn't prepared to rule out the possibility that the person we're looking for would try head out to sea, and Salvan is the nearest port to where the person was last spotted. By order of our commander, the port has been closed. Until we find who we're looking for, we cannot risk them getting a ship.

26. - Top - End - #896
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Roan energetically searches in vain for a means to enter the fortress. He soon notices Katleia standing there, shaking, while Gerard tries to comfort her. He sighs, and walks up to her apologetically. "I'm sorry for pulling you along for this, Kat. When we get through here, I'll try to see what I can do to make it up to you."

27. - Top - End - #897
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheSummoner View Post
    Suddenly there is a massive explosion! The ground splits and legions of demon robot ninjas pour forth and only one man can stop them! Alas, this does not really happen... It is all in Rakken's head.
    Rakken looks around him to check if anybody's watching. Seeing that he's alone, he proclaims "BY THE POWER OF ZORK AND BY THE FIST OF THE MOON! I TRANSFORM INTO... KERRAN! MASTER OF THE TWILIGHT! " Rakken then starts running around making whooshing sounds, "flying." However, he immediately stops imaging when he notices the fight between a large redhead and the soldiers. Rakken quickly ducks into the corner, hoping that no one noticed him.
    you know that I'm more than just a doll do you?-Geno
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Thecrimsonmage and By Shades of Gray by Akrim.elf

and current made by me.

28. - Top - End - #898
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    Roan energetically searches in vain for a means to enter the fortress. He soon notices Katleia standing there, shaking, while Gerard tries to comfort her. He sighs, and walks up to her apologetically. "I'm sorry for pulling you along for this, Kat. When we get through here, I'll try to see what I can do to make it up to you."
    (Ya know, if you were more specific as to what you were searching... what you were looking at or for, I could tell you whether you found it or not ^_^

All that aside, I'm about to leave for a few hours. Thought I should let you all know.)

29. - Top - End - #899
    Bugbear in the Playground

Greg leans against his wyvern, reading a book. After all, as long its not raining, he doesn't care about where he stays.

30. - Top - End - #900
    Dwarf in the Playground

(A conveniently located severe structural weakening indicated conveniently by a large crack?)
    Spoiler
    Show