New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Vampire: Bootleggers and Bloodsuckers

"Indeed," She closed her eyes and sagely nodded. She wanly smiled and reached up and flicked him on the forehead.

"It surprises me you've been using your brain here, ya know, yer plan A ain't soundin' so bad."

2. - Top - End - #182
    Troll in the Playground

Clayton blinks as his forehead is flicked, and rubs the spot where Velma flicked him.

"Hey, I ain't just some bimbo*, y'know?" He says, wincing at the annoying flick. "And you can be good looking and smart at the same time Vel. I mean, you pull it off somehow, right?"

*Actual dialect of the 1920's
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Curse your Introbulosity!

3. - Top - End - #183
    Troll in the Playground

"You fool me plenty a' times and anyway, I'll ignore that 'somehow' in your sentence and accept that as a compliment,"
    She lightly 'hmmphed' and tilted her head away.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Troll in the Playground

"If you say so, Vel. So should we just wait for Ev? I ain't got any more business here."
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #185
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    The Prince continues to wear his charming smile. His thoughts are not discernible, as he seems to be either oblivious to her discomfort with everything, or he's just not acknowledging it. "If you wish to speak with me at any time, I will try to make myself available. I do not mind helping out a young neonate such as yourself. The job of Prince is more than just a title. I must be a shepherd to my flock, so to speak..."

---
    "Well...I suppose any sort of start you could give me on learning more about my clan and the Lancea Sanctum would be appreciated. I apologize that I'm not able to be more specific in my request, but as previously established, my education was a bit...lacking." she says to prince Vidal.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trobby View Post
    "If you say so, Vel. So should we just wait for Ev? I ain't got any more business here."

"I still gotta find out about where the painting is being kept in the mean time before it goes on display,"
    She tapped her foot against the floor, hands at her hips.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Titan in the Playground

Georgia is still in the main hall, wondering if perhaps she should seek out something to do.
    Or perhaps someone. She is growing rather bored.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

--Upstairs--

Prince Vidal smiles at Evelyn. "Ventrue are the 'Movers and Shakers' of Damned society. We are the aristocracy of our kind, the government, the architects, the shepards, so on and so forth. We tend to value authority and influence, and often find or work our way into such positions. We are charismatic, stylish, poised, elegant, and other such things. Our clan, whether we want to or not, essentially runs the Masquerade," he explains.

"As for Lancea Sanctum, our key beliefs are simple. We are not creatures of the Devil. We are God's earthly messengers of divine punishment, and we will strive to use our curse to guide the Faithful onto the proper path to Salvation," he informs her. To many, such words would have sounded like madness, nonsense, or a lie. But Evelyn can see in his eyes that he genuinely believes every word coming out of his mouth.

This may or may not terrify her.

--Downstairs--

Miss Opal wastes no time in explaining to Howard who all the Nosferatu in New Orleans are. There are about two dozen, and she exuberantly tells him all about each and every one. Howard probably finds himself quickly very bored and/or tired of her overly cheerful attitude.

Eventually, she pats him on the shoulder and says "Oh, and if y'all are needin' a place to stay, there's this nice little fella named Max. He's been here a couple of years, and he hides out in the basement of a print shop. He's actually got a little business set up, sellin' forged papers and stuff! Smart little guy... Anyhoo, he's a nice fella, and he don't mind lettin' other folks stay at his place til they get up on their feet. Y'all want me to let him know yer comin'?"

While no one directly approaches Georgia, she does catch a glimpse of the Native American vampire watching her from across the room.
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Troll in the Playground

"...So, Vel, what do ya' think of the two stiffs that the cat dragged in?" He inquires to his friend, referring to Howard and Georgia. "The Brit's got a great set a' gams, but I ain't to sure I trust that other fella."
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #190
    Troll in the Playground

"Of course you'd trust her,"
    She poutingly scoffed, arms crossed. "Anyways, I don't really trust either of them two ta' be honest. For months we ain't heard or felt any new vampires and then poof...suddenly we got two who show up in our....family friendly restaurant. And then not too long we go and get dragged into this business. Mighty suspicious."

11. - Top - End - #191
    Troll in the Playground

"Nah, I don't reckon them being any more wise to this scene than us." Clayton says, surveying the gathered vampires. "But it is mighty suspicious that they both turned up at our...'business' on the same night, at nearly the same time."
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #192
    Troll in the Playground

"And how. Its all shady,"
    She sighed and shook her head as she moved over to the fancy wall and leaned against it, her arms crossed. She glanced at the other vamps and cocked a brow. "Some mess we found ourselves in."

13. - Top - End - #193
    Troll in the Playground

Clayton took up a position at the wall across from her, arms crossed in a very similar way.

"Wasn't so bad, just you and me as vamps, against the whole world of living breathing people. Heck, even with Evelyn in the mix it was still pretty nice, and Cid, well..."

He paused at that. Clayton could talk about nothing for hours if prompted, but they both already knew about Cid.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #194
    Firbolg in the Playground

"I'd appreciate it," Howard says with a nod. He does his best to try and remember the details as they rush by; the Nosferatu is tempted to whip out his notebook and start taking down the information, but he decides against it, instead working to commit her words to memory.

He's not yet sure if he can trust this "Max," but he doesn't have a lot in the way of options.
    It is inevitable, of course, that persons of epicurean refinement will in the course of eternity engage in dealings with those of... unsavory character. Record well any transactions made, and repay all favors promptly.. (Thanks to Gnomish Wanderer for the Toreador avatar! )

Wanna see what all this Exalted stuff is about? Here's a primer!

15. - Top - End - #195
    Titan in the Playground

Prince Vidal smiles at Evelyn. "Ventrue are the 'Movers and Shakers' of Damned society. We are the aristocracy of our kind, the government, the architects, the shepards, so on and so forth. We tend to value authority and influence, and often find or work our way into such positions. We are charismatic, stylish, poised, elegant, and other such things. Our clan, whether we want to or not, essentially runs the Masquerade," he explains.
    "Ah, interesting. So, I suppose that, being part of clan Ventrue, I'll be expected to help run the masquerade as well?" she asks.

"As for Lancea Sanctum, our key beliefs are simple. We are not creatures of the Devil. We are God's earthly messengers of divine punishment, and we will strive to use our curse to guide the Faithful onto the proper path to Salvation," he informs her. To many, such words would have sounded like madness, nonsense, or a lie. But Evelyn can see in his eyes that he genuinely believes every word coming out of his mouth.

This may or may not terrify her.
    This doesn't exactly terrify her, but she does disagree in some ways. She prefers redemption when possible.

"Interesting...doesn't entirely sound like my kind of thing." she says honestly. the room.[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2012-08-21 at 04:06 PM.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Titan in the Playground

While no one directly approaches Georgia, she does catch a glimpse of the Native American vampire watching her from across the room.
    She grants a wide smile from across the room.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

--Upstairs--

The Prince smiles softly. "At the moment, you are only expected to uphold it on a personal level. Though, steering your friends in the right direction would be appreciated. And in a few decades, who knows. You may have enough power and pull to assist the Masquerade on a larger scale than just yourself and your coterie." He then raises an eyebrow. "And what would your sort of thing be?" he inquires.

--Downstairs--

Miss Opal grabs a passing Kindred wearing a suit, who's facial features look right, yet slightly off-center or of mismatching proportion, creating an Uncanny Valley effect. "Leon, since y'all are fixin' to leave, go be a doll and let little ol' Max knows he's got comp'ny comin' over tonight."

The Nosferatu didn't appear to be heading towards the exit. Nevertheless, he flashes a can't-tell-if-it's-lopsided-or-not grin and nods. "Yes Mama, I'll get right on it," he says, before turning and striding briskly for the exit.

Miss Opal looks back over at Howard and smiles. "Some of the older Nossies call me Mama. No blood relation of course. Well, mostly," she observes innocently.

Meanwhile, the Native American slinks through the crowd of socializing Kindred, and is soon standing next to Georgia, giving her a sideways glance. "So you're the new Mekhet?" he asks with scrutinizing expression, his voice low and slightly condescending. His gaze drifts up and down her form. "Interesting."

18. - Top - End - #198
    Titan in the Playground

--Upstairs--

The Prince smiles softly. "At the moment, you are only expected to uphold it on a personal level. Though, steering your friends in the right direction would be appreciated. And in a few decades, who knows. You may have enough power and pull to assist the Masquerade on a larger scale than just yourself and your coterie." He then raises an eyebrow. "And what would your sort of thing be?" he inquires.
    "I believe only God gets to judge others. I fully admit that I do it from time to time, as I am flawed, but I do not feel like I, or anybody else, deserves to be allowed to mete out divine punishment. I would not dream to believe I had any idea what he wants in terms of judgement. I feel he would much rather I tried redeeming than killing. Of course, I admit, I may be misinterpreting what you're trying to say." She tells him.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Titan in the Playground

Meanwhile, the Native American slinks through the crowd of socializing Kindred, and is soon standing next to Georgia, giving her a sideways glance. "So you're the new Mekhet?" he asks with scrutinizing expression, his voice low and slightly condescending. His gaze drifts up and down her form. "Interesting."
    She looks up and down at him, smiling, clearly curious. "Why, thank you. I must admit, you interest me too."

20. - Top - End - #200
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trobby View Post
    Clayton took up a position at the wall across from her, arms crossed in a very similar way.

"Wasn't so bad, just you and me as vamps, against the whole world of living breathing people. Heck, even with Evelyn in the mix it was still pretty nice, and Cid, well..."

He paused at that. Clayton could talk about nothing for hours if prompted, but they both already knew about Cid.

Velma sighed and rubbed her nose. "I kinda miss that old man. But yea'...the two of us once upon a time trying to keep his 'legacy' going...." She shook her head again.

21. - Top - End - #201

Howard simply nods. "Very well, I appreciate all that you've done for me, but now I've got some business to attend to elsewhere." The Nosferatu bows respectfully and begins looking for the others to join them, ready to begin planning their excursion.
    It is inevitable, of course, that persons of epicurean refinement will in the course of eternity engage in dealings with those of... unsavory character. Record well any transactions made, and repay all favors promptly.. (Thanks to Gnomish Wanderer for the Toreador avatar! )

22. - Top - End - #202
    Troll in the Playground

"Well, I do owe the man something. Anyone else who had seen me onboard their ship like that would've just killed me outright....which I guess he did, but in a way that isn't so bad."
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #203
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

The Prince smiles. Not a knowing or mischievous or condescending smile, but a genuine, slightly amused smile. "That is a good interpretation. While I am disappointed we do not share the same exact views, I am delighted and proud to hear that you not only believe in the Almighty God, but that you have such strong feelings on the matter." His smile fades slightly, and his expression grows slightly more serious. "You will have no trouble with the Lancea Sanctum - I shall see to that."

--

The Indian scoffs. It seems he's not amused. "Flattery will get you nowhere," he states flatly. "The Prince should have told you I do not take kindly to 'ass kissing' as my youngest son calls it. It seems you either did not pay attention, or you did not heed his advice. Neither option is a good testament of your character. Joy of joys, just what my clan needs..." he grunts with a slight scowl.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Titan in the Playground

She blinks, taken aback.
    "Flattery? You misunderstand. I don't lie to you. Everything and everyone interests me."

25. - Top - End - #205
    Titan in the Playground

The Prince smiles. Not a knowing or mischievous or condescending smile, but a genuine, slightly amused smile. "That is a good interpretation. While I am disappointed we do not share the same exact views, I am delighted and proud to hear that you not only believe in the Almighty God, but that you have such strong feelings on the matter." His smile fades slightly, and his expression grows slightly more serious. "You will have no trouble with the Lancea Sanctum - I shall see to that."
    "Thank you." she says quite simply. "I know I have given you no particular reason to influence things in my favor, or protect me, so thank you." she says from the bottom of her undead heart.

26. - Top - End - #206

Howard wanders over to Clayton and Velma. "Hey," he says with a feral smile, "what an opportunity, am I right? Dropped into vampiric society like a babe in the woods, and now we've got a job from none other but the highest on its totem pole." He chuckles darkly.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Troll in the Playground

Clayton rolls his eyes at the eagerness of the noss in front of him, trying to look him dead in the eye.

"Vel and I were just discussing how we missed working for our old boss." He points out factually.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #208
    Troll in the Playground

Velma just watched here, arms crossed, default grouchy look on her face.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

The Prince smirks. "Who's to say I don't have a vested interest in your well-being? You're the sole Ventrue in a fresh Coterie. You have potential, and I'd like to see that potential nurtured, not squelched. But I appreciate your thanks. Now, I'd suggest you catch up with your friends, before they manage to get themselves into any sort of trouble," he says with a nod to the door. "Which, some of them have already shown a knack for..."

---

The Indian stares at Georgia for a moment, frowning. He then flatly asks: "You have no idea who I am, do you?"

30. - Top - End - #210
    Titan in the Playground

"I'm certainly not sure, no." admits Georgia, still smiling.