New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XIX: I Emptied Your Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouhen View Post
    Oy! Watch what you say there! I'll have you know I'm not insane. I'm anti-sane!
    Insane is supposed to be mine. MINE!

2. - Top - End - #242
    Bugbear in the Playground

Excerpt #4:
    Spoiler
    Show
    As she slept, she dreamed of the waking world.

Leaving the library under cover of night, out the window, away from Spike, away from her parents, away from Ponyville... Leaving before discovery, lest she be stopped at her weakest.

Flying...flying...how was she flying...she was a unicorn, she had no wings, and yet, the world was far below her hooves...Freedom, Freedom in so long, the air rushing past their body...

A moonless night, Luna's eye turned away from them...this moment carefully chosen by her, her former self could not know until it was time...

A new residence, the same cave she had heard in Momma's stories about Aunt Fluttershy and the dragon...It was a dank, miserable place, but it would have to do, from here, she would be able to observe while she was fully reborn into the world, and could take the steps necessary to ensure she was never alone...

A frantic search, watched from afar. Her family, her friends, most of all her three mothers, all of them desperately searching for their loved one, the one that they had raised from birth. Her Mom, weeping, being held tight by her Momma. It was a momentary pain, a pain to be endured. She had endured more, but the one she loved, the one who would ensure she was never alone, she suffered terribly at the sight, no matter what she said...

Hurting them, hurting them, this wasn't right...she wanted nothing more than to reach out, to hold them, but she wouldn't let her, not yet, not yet. Soon. Shhh...

Drinking from a puddle, seeing her reflection. Her purple pelt dark, her hair drifting in the non-existent winds. Two wings, comprised of a galaxy of miniature stars, extending from her back.

Her eyes were green.

Time. It was time. She was strong once more. The world would love her, she would force all of Equestria to, and in turn, she would love her, for the gift of Equestria.

Love. This was all about love. But love wasn't selfish. It wasn't supposed to be taking, it was about giving. She had watched...she had watched them still searching for her, all this time. She had hurt them, left *them* alone. No more.

She looked down at the world that would soon be theirs, and spread her wings.

And in the darkness, she gathered her strength, and let the love that she was given, and the love that she gave, start to burn bright...
    Last edited by EsperDerek; 2011-08-05 at 10:09 AM.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Insane is supposed to be mine. MINE!
    Hey man, I was going insane before it was cool...
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

4. - Top - End - #244

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    It's okay Amish, you can be hipstersane.

Hipsane?

5. - Top - End - #245
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Needless to say, I'm not sure Lixie is a good choice, but on the other hoof, a I was the person (using the word "person" very loosely) to hold the position, I guess it's still probably an improvement... Ish...
    As soon as you find a replacement and descent into atmosphere level we can have our fleet duel to the death and not risk destroying every brony psyche with the fighting.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

6. - Top - End - #246
    Troll in the Playground

I second this ponysane gentlecolt's suggestion.

Can I third it as well? Olympia is technically a sentient being.

Oh, Baron Awesome, how far have you fallen from being the sane avian of the pony thread? That wasn't so hard wasn't it?
    No no. I'm still the sane one. The difference is, I snap BACK.

Also, Lix isn't sane, Lix is Lixsane.
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-08-05 at 10:15 AM.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

7. - Top - End - #247
    Troll in the Playground

Do I fit the requirements for being the token sane one?
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    Do I fit the requirements for being the token sane one?
    You're not sane, you're Baconsane. So you fit the requirements for being the token bacon guy or in Equestria, the token carnivore.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

9. - Top - End - #249
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    Excerpt #4:
    Spoiler
    Show

Leaving the library under cover of night, out the window, away from Spike, away from her parents, away from Ponyville... Leaving before discovery, lest she be stopped at her weakest.

Flying...flying...how was she flying...she was a unicorn, she had no wings, and yet, the world was far below her hooves...Freedom, Freedom in so long, the air rushing past their body...

A moonless night, Luna's eye turned away from them...this moment carefully chosen by her, her former self could not know until it was time...

A new residence, the same cave she had heard in Momma's stories about Aunt Fluttershy and the dragon...It was a dank, miserable place, but it would have to do, from here, she would be able to observe while she was fully reborn into the world, and could take the steps necessary to ensure she was never alone...

A frantic search, watched from afar. Her family, her friends, most of all her three mothers, all of them desperately searching for their loved one, the one that they had raised from birth. Her Mom, weeping, being held tight by her Momma. It was a momentary pain, a pain to be endured. She had endured more, but the one she loved, the one who would ensure she was never alone, she suffered terribly at the sight, no matter what she said...

Hurting them, hurting them, this wasn't right...she wanted nothing more than to reach out, to hold them, but she wouldn't let her, not yet, not yet. Soon. Shhh...

Drinking from a puddle, seeing her reflection. Her purple pelt dark, her hair drifting in the non-existent winds. Two wings, comprised of a galaxy of miniature stars, extending from her back.

Her eyes were green.

Time. It was time. She was strong once more. The world would love her, she would force all of Equestria to, and in turn, she would love her, for the gift of Equestria.

Love. This was all about love. But love wasn't selfish. It wasn't supposed to be taking, it was about giving. She had watched...she had watched them still searching for her, all this time. She had hurt them, left *them* alone. No more.

And in the darkness, she gathered her strength, and let the love that she was given, and the love that she gave, start to burn bright...
    Watching the dynamics of these two is something else. I think you've successfully managed to give NMM characterization beyond "rawr, night forever, evil and all that". Congratulations, you've gotten me excited to read more.

And one more thing...
    Spoiler
    Show
    If you're doing what I think you're doing, and making a realistic origin for the previous RP's Midnight Mare, then I may just have to give you all the internets because you're pulling it off.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ogre in the Playground

I'll be still insane after it isn't cool.

I found the post with the pony socks.

These are from Target in Culver City, California if you guys are interested in picking up your own, if you have really small feet.
    So these things are available in California. So why haven't we seen SiuiS and his (allegedly) sexy legs in one of those so far?
    Last edited by Welf; 2011-08-05 at 10:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ettin in the Playground

Excerpt #4:
    Spoiler
    Show

Her eyes were green.

I don't have enough Internets to give you right now. Hold up, I should rob Google. They're bound to have lots of Internets there.

TO THE LYRAMOBILE!
    Last edited by Grif; 2011-08-05 at 10:34 AM.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Troll in the Playground

Ironically, I did more catch-up after the mega-post day than during it...

Anyway, had to help a friend move, but I'm back now and can maybe post semi-regularly again.

There are things I wanted to reply to, but instead I'll just say you all rock and keep up the delightful insanity we've all come to know and love.

Oh, it's also come to my attention that I owe some posters my fanning and grape-dispensing services?
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

13. - Top - End - #253
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    You're not sane, you're Baconsane. So you fit the requirements for being the token bacon guy or in Equestria, the token carnivore.
    You took a bacon based bribe to dig Leo out, so he's not the only carnivore on the thread.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

14. - Top - End - #254

Watching the dynamics of these two is something else. I think you've successfully managed to give NMM characterization beyond "rawr, night forever, evil and all that". Congratulations, you've gotten me excited to read more.

And one more thing...
    Spoiler
    Show
    If you're doing what I think you're doing, and making a realistic origin for the previous RP's Midnight Mare, then I may just have to give you all the internets because you're pulling it off.
    The funny thing is, is that the relationship really is a spawn of how things are going when I'm writing it. My intent surrounding their relationship when I wrote the first "excerpt" was going to be different, but when I started writing the second, and especially the third part, things just began to...click differently, flow in a different direction.

Spoiler
    Show
    You're pretty on target. These excerpts were very much inspired by that goofy Midnight Mare RP, and the ideas surrounding Midnight Mare's goals. Think of this as a much more serious, and as you say 'realistic' version of that.

I don't have enough Internets to give you right now. Hold up, I should rob Google. They're bound to have lots of Internets there.

TO THE LYRAMOBILE!
    I accept rain checks for internets, just so everyone knows. You don't have to go raid Google and try to get past their army of ninja thugs. Though, if you want to try...

15. - Top - End - #255
    Troll in the Playground

You took a bacon based bribe to dig Leo out, so he's not the only carnivore on the thread.
    But I'm a human, so it's okay. And I didn't say you were the only carnivore on the thread, just the only carnivore pony in Equestria.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Troll in the Playground

But I'm a human, so it's okay. And I didn't say you were the only carnivore on the thread, just the only carnivore pony in Equestria.
    But you dug Leo out ICly, for an IC bribe.

So, unless your ponyself eats bacon, I'm not sure what he did with it.

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #257
    Troll in the Playground

But you dug Leo out ICly, for an IC bribe.

So, unless your ponyself eats bacon, I'm not sure what he did with it.
    You're overthinking it. Human me saved you. 99% of the time, I'm not RPing as a pony. Heresy, I know.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ettin in the Playground

I accept rain checks for internets, just so everyone knows. You don't have to go raid Google and try to get past their army of ninja thugs. Though, if you want to try...
    Too late, already on the way.
    Those humans won't know what hit them.

*Later*

*sitting on the Moon*
    Crud. Since when Luna freelances as security in Google?

19. - Top - End - #259
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie Welf View Post
    I'll be still insane after it isn't cool.

I found the post with the pony socks.

So these things are available in California. So why haven't we seen SiuiS and his (allegedly) sexy legs in one of those so far?
    .... To TARGET!!
    Thank you ShadowySilence for the awesome policepony avatar!
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    I love my filly~

20. - Top - End - #260
    Troll in the Playground

You're overthinking it. Human me saved you. 99% of the time, I'm not RPing as a pony. Heresy, I know.
    Whoa, there are no H-U-M-A-N-S in Equestria. One, we don't want to be related to some earlier versions... And well... *points at GrifLyra*

Too late, already on the way.
    Those humans won't know what hit them.

*Later*

*sitting on the Moon*
    Crud. Since when Luna freelances as security in Google?
    And where else would someone who stays up all night work?

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #261
    Troll in the Playground

Whoa, there are no H-U-M-A-N-S in Equestria. One, we don't want to be related to some earlier versions... And well... *points at GrifLyra*

And where else would someone who stays up all night work?
    Ah, but the difference is that I can do more than open a locket.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Titan in the Playground

Last part of my fan fic, Fillystata, is up... for those who may not be following me on dA.

I'm sure it could have been a lot better, but I'm happy enough to leave it as it is.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Firbolg in the Playground

All this moon talk, I'm surprised nobody's ponyized the "I'm the moon" end of episode bits from The Mighty Boosh.

edit- Celestia is a smoker from Left4Dead
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by MCerberus; 2011-08-05 at 11:01 AM.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ogre in the Playground

Excerpt #4:
    Spoiler
    Show

Her eyes were green.

Ok, yeah, I like where these are going. Don't have much else to add to it, though it would be amusing if you put together a full fic of this to continue the Saga of Midnight.

25. - Top - End - #265

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouhen View Post
    Ok, yeah, I like where these are going. Don't have much else to add to it, though it would be amusing if you put together a full fic of this to continue the Saga of Midnight.
    I am honestly thinking about it.

26. - Top - End - #266

a challenge, writers.

1: Which pony episode is best suited to be Shakespearianized?

2: write it.
    "Winning with friendship means winning at life!"
    -Mako Mankanshoku

27. - Top - End - #267
    Titan in the Playground

The funny thing is, is that the relationship really is a spawn of how things are going when I'm writing it. My intent surrounding their relationship when I wrote the first "excerpt" was going to be different, but when I started writing the second, and especially the third part, things just began to...click differently, flow in a different direction.

Spoiler
    Show
    You're pretty on target. These excerpts were very much inspired by that goofy Midnight Mare RP, and the ideas surrounding Midnight Mare's goals. Think of this as a much more serious, and as you say 'realistic' version of that.
    Honestly? Some of the best ideas I see happen mid-write. Being able to adapt to a piece as you're writing it is a good skill to have.

Spoiler
    Show
    I just fear for when the elements of the ponythread show up.

But in all seriousness, if you're feeling inspired by this, write it. I don't pretend to know how these little excerpts will translate into a fic, or even if they should translate. There's something to be said for non-traditional stories (and Shades of Midnight has certainly shown that they work) but the execution is your decision, not mine. If you do end up expanding these, and you need a prereader, drop me a line. This is an idea I'm excited about, and those don't happen often.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kairaven View Post
    a challenge, writers.

1: Which pony episode is best suited to be Shakespearianized?

2: write it.
    The Taming of the Trixie.

Wouldst thou test thy mettle against the Great and Powerful Trixie?

Would that my horse were as fast as yer mouth.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Ido Nos View Post
    Theory: is it possible to ship shipping?
    I thought that was what every Lix ship did.

Oooh, Nothing! Nothing is my favorite! ... no wait. Everything is my favorite. Is nothing a subset of everything? I need to go read some metaphysics.
    Nothing is, in fact, a subset of everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    *fetches glass of water. Drinks water*

*spit-take, spewing cherry coke all over the nearest War Droid*
    How do you drink water and spit take cherry coke? Is that a property of all liches? Could I (hypothetically, of course) kidnap you and use you as a convenient all-in-one entertainment system/air conditioner/cherry coke dispenser?
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ettin in the Playground

I am honestly thinking about it.
    Why do you demand more Internets from me? WHY?

(tl;dr I want moar. And also a new chapter for the Nightmare War, if you're still writing that.)

@tonberrian
    A mobile cherry coke dispenser? Sounds like a handy equipment to have.