New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] AMEN XLI: eXtra Large Injury

The brain sighs heavily at that, he really didn't want to have to start fighting until the negotiations were over. He'll send over the floating hands, which baloon to the size of a truck each and attempt to grab Zefir and hold him in place.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Prometheus's Lab

Well, the Drones are alive... For a given definition of "alive". Not very intelligent, incapable of doing anything but kill without oversight, mute, and with a lifespan of around three-four months, at which point they become to weak to work and are promptly fed to their kin. Who are, horrifically enough, technically devouring themselves, as every last one of them is a genetically altered clone of the same person, a delivery boy stupid enough to deliver pizza to AMEN. Their blood, however, will be very hard to manipulate, as it is quite different from normal human blood, mostly a slurry of various chemicals that, under the right conditions, can explode in a semi-violent, vitriolic manner.

As soon as Sarah lands on the last Drone in the line, stabbing him in the ribs and the skull, the one behind her wheels about and fires, not cutting down any of his own this time due to the angle. At the same time, the other eight who've been aiming at her this whole time, waiting for a chance, fire as well, and unlike the others they're pretty accurate, especially as the gauss rifles have zero recoil and only slightly more spread, meaning nearly every one of two dozen molten slugs is aimed right at her as she hits the ground. The walkways in the way of course, but they cut through that as though it was butter.

Two of the Drones behind her find themselves reaching for their swords, and should she manage to keep control of them despite their sixty percent inorganic blood, will stab each other to death. This is about the same time the Drone she landed on detonates, although not with enough impact to cause more than minor bruises, likely splattering her with blood that should do to human flesh approximately what lye and water does. Lucky she's nearly immune to acid, huh?

Dungeon

The guards open fire, aiming at Rael's hearts. They've been keeping their rifles in battle-ready mode, so the rounds are molten and will cauterize. They won't shoot all of his hearts though, not unless he actually manages to break free.

Speaking of breaking free, the manacle holding Rael's left foot snaps, and the wall behind the one holding his left arm protests as the brick and mortar begins to give way.
    Two of his (active) hearts are hit. The wounds don't regenerate this time, mostly due to the fact that vampires and burns don't mix. Though you'd think that that would mean he'd work harder to regenerate them than normal wounds.

Rael continues pulling, using his leg to push against the wall for additional force. If/when the second manacle breaks, he'll use his new mobility to try and move around enough that the drones will have more trouble hitting him, while continuing to pull.

3. - Top - End - #153

Default Re: [Nexus] AMEN XLI

Main Room
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by VampireRot View Post
    [Main Room]

Pink flinches at the remark, and scowls deeply.

"Shut up. It isn't my fault you PCs abuse your power. Took me months and a couple of deaths to get rid of that mind control..."

Though it is her fault for joining an evil organization as a minion. What did she expect? She glowers at Magtok, and eyes the gun he's holding.

"Pfft. You're too cowardly to kill someone offhand and in person for no reason."

She sounds a wee bit uncertain, however. Magtok is still an AMENite.

Magtok frowns, contemplating the gun in his hand, wondering if he'd have to back away a little bit first to make sure he doesn't get any Pink on his clothes.

"Does proving that I can kill someone offhand and in person for no reason count as a reason? Or is that just stupid posturing, showing off, and/or overcompensating? Do I win if I splatter you all over the couch here and now, or does it just prove that it's too easy to get a rise out of me and waste ammunition on entirely trivial and meaningless causes? Would it come across as misogynist to shoot a woman, or even more so if I didn't extend the same courtesy I'd extend to a guy and refrain from shooting? I'm not entirely sure, myself. Maybe I should-"

He fires right at her, interrupting himself mid-yammering with a loud gunshot.

"...Whoops, finger slipped. Guess we'll have to figure out if this makes me a better or worse villain later, then. Was fun arguing with you though, we should definitely do this again at some point."

He doesn't even look at her after shooting, just blows smoke from the barrel of the weapon and wipes it with a rag before putting it back in his robe.

"Y'know, just without the murdering next time. Murdering you, I mean. If you can resist the whole minion programming and bring yourself to actually try to kill me, go for it. Anyways, I think I've got stuff to do elsewhere, so I gotta go. Mind getting someone to clean your corpse-gunk off the couch for me?

Alright thanks, bye!"
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

4. - Top - End - #154
    Pixie in the Playground

[Main Room]

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantom View Post
    Main Room

To Clarissa, Gordon thinks. Sounds like another dangerous, easy to get out of control member, but unlike Rot, she can care, which means easier to control.

"I think should fit in fine, with a testing period of a week. Also, if your husband is looking for work, I'm likely to hire him too if you are hired."

Having both members of a couple in the same group increases loyalth to the group.

Clarissa absentmindedly raises her left index finger to her chin and begins tap-tap-tapping on it. Her eyes glance upwards as they inspect the ceiling. She appears to be pondering something.

After about a minute or so passes, Clarissa opens her mouth to speak once more.

"My spouse is a teacher right now. I don't really think he'd enjoy being here, no offense. He is basically a good guy."

Clarissa shrugs. Her husband, Dave, is actually a ninja-assassin-teacher guy, but he is still far from being even remotely evil.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Orc in the Playground

[Main Room]

Pink scowls as Magtok continues to ramble on and o- oh. Ow. The henchwoman glances at her wound for a second, gives a sarcastic-sounding gurgle that would've probably been very witty, and dies.

Some more henchmen come in a while later to drag the body off to the Soylent Green factory. One shakes his head mournfully.

"Silly woman. Shouldn't have talked for so long."

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar, Shakespeare
    Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.
    Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
    It seems to me most strange that men should fear,
    Seeing that death, a necessary end,
    Will come when it will come.
    Nexus characters

6. - Top - End - #156
    Bugbear in the Playground

Main Room

Gordon takes the dosier.

"Interesting. I believe that you earned someone a get-out-of-jail card. Oh Magtok, I would prefer for you to not kill the henchmen. Just because they have the same system to come back to live as you do doesn't mean that you have to kill them."

7. - Top - End - #157

Main Room

Well I'll be, hey once you're done interogating 'em, feel free to take yer pick and send one out the door for me, I'll keep a watch so I know when it gets done.

And with that he's going to try and hightail it out of there, barring anything Zefir might try to do to keep him around.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantom View Post
    Main Room

Gordon takes the dosier.

"Interesting. I believe that you earned someone a get-out-of-jail card. Oh Magtok, I would prefer for you to not kill the henchmen. Just because they have the same system to come back to live as you do doesn't mean that you have to kill them."
    Moff 8 is here again. He's outfitted a henchman with one of these helmets and has him loaded into a giant slingshot. In the slingshot's line of fire is a lineup of three more henchies.

"What's that, Gordy?" Moff doesn't fire the henchman just yet.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Pixie in the Playground

[Main Room]

Clarissa, upon noticing that the boss is otherwise engaged in conversing with other people for some odd reason or other, decides to work some envy into her day! Horrid little beasties this Lord Magtok guy and that brain-thingy! They pried all of Gordon's attention away from Clarissa and drew it to themselves for no apparent reason! Clarissa thows a scathing glare in the floating brain-thing's general direction as it departs, growling softly. She then turns her jealousy-filled uber glare away from the brain as her eyes scan the remainder of the room for the one named Lord Magtok rather fruitlessly. It's hard to match a name with the face of a person one has never heard, seen, or even met before.

10. - Top - End - #160

Prometheus's Lab

Healing? Well, they can't have that. The Drones take aim at the crawling Sarah, as she can't be a particularly difficult target in such a state, but don't fire just yet, two of them moving forward while the rest hang back. Should the two succeed in reaching her, they will draw swords and attempt to lop off her arms.

Above, there's a flash of light as Prometheus and the squad of four mages arrive. All of them in absolutely terrible moods.

Dungeon

The manacle holding Rael's left arm is pulled out of the wall, rendering it useless despite still being clapped around the vampire's wrist, but not before the Drones have a few more chances to fire at him, aiming at his other hearts, one of them drawing a grenade and pulling the pin with it's teeth.

Outside, on the other side of the door, the last guard begins setting some kind of device.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Main Room]

Cyrus is on the couch. Meditating, oddly enough.

Gordon may notice one of Cyrus' Imps trying to read the data on MURDER over his shoulder. If it succeeds, it will read until it sees one thing in particular, after which it goes to wake Cyrus up.

In this hypothetical situation of success, Cyrus will stand and walk over to Gordon, then calmly ask him:

"Of the two prisoners, what would it cost me for custody of Prisoner A, the vampire? I'm sure Prometheus is done with them by now anyway, and I have use for one with his skillset."

[Prometheus' Lab]

Sarah attempts to take control of two of the shooters down below, with orders to shoot the Pizza Clones coming at her with swords.

Even in her condition, she's going to do as much damage as she can. She owes Rael that much.
    Last edited by BladeofObliviom; 2011-09-16 at 12:49 AM.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

[Prometheus's Lab]

Rael's remaining active hearts are hit, at which time his backup set switches on.

He tries to rip the net covering himself apart.

13. - Top - End - #163

Prometheus's Lab

Two of the Clones with rifles are possessed, and promptly open fire on their sword-wielding comrades, gunning down one of them and injuring the other before being gunned down in turn. The others, however, don't advance or fire, the injured Clone dragging itself away.

"You know, I thought the message was clear. I thought that you would understand the unspoken reasoning behind me not bothering to do more than seal your magic, instead of, say, draining your strength, locking you in a straight jacket and hanging you upside down above a pool of molten lead. As you obviously cannot, I shall explain." Prometheus says coldly, walking down the walkway towards Sarah, rifle in hand, "I did not bother because there is no true escape. One person has to remain behind to operate the teleporter, for a start. And, should there have been any reason to suspect you actually had a chance at freedom, my soldiers would simply kill your friend, dooming you to remain until I returned to kill you."

"What have you accomplished today? A half-baked plan that got you captured? A doomed, thought-less attempt at escape that has done no more than to nullify any chances for mercy? I suppose you were trying to help your friend. And you haven't even made it to the door. The troops you killed are utterly disposable. I'll have more soon enough. You should have stuck with being an assassin, instead of trying to play the daring hero who escapes from the villain's fortress. Because I am very good at being a villain, while you are, and I did not think this possible, a worse hero than you are a killer for hire. Give up."

Dungeon

Tearing the net will be difficult, as all Rael has, I believe, are his claws. The net of magic is quite maliable, and constantly adjusts so that, whole it doesn't restrict his movement, it also has absolutely no slack and cannot be easily escaped. This also means there's no space to slide a claw under the threads, making it hard to cut using talons or fangs. The Clones take aim, but don't fire just yet, while outside-

Prometheus's Lab

-one of the mages snaps it's fingers and-

Dungeon

- a massive magical shock suddenly runs through the net, almost like electricity through copper wire. This will likely be highly painful, and may make the vampire pass out if he's actually capable of doing so. Either way, as the charge continues build, the net shrinks, now constricting it's prisoner.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dungeon]

But, Rael doesn't really care about most injuries if he gets the net off. So he simply digs his claws through the scales, probably getting under the net. If he does, he'll rip his fingers out, trying to snap the wires from the force exerted on them.

And then, electric shock through the net.

Rael cannot pass out, at least not right now, as he hadn't chosen to be able to before the net was put on him.

While it is quite painful, he redoubles his efforts to escape the net, as that's what will make the pain stop.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Prometheus' Lab]

Sarah's regenerated to the point where the stumps of her legs are visible, but not enough to walk on. Her blood is pooling the ground, even with the healing that's happened already. Despite this, she manages to choke out a few words.

"That's a nice speech. Think of it all by yourself?"

She coughs, afterwards speaking a bit more clearly.

"I've planned this farther than you give me credit for. If I die, then you have to go and tell both Gordon and that ****ing THING out there that you couldn't keep a single girl properly contained and had to kill her instead of doing what you were ordered to do. On top of that, death's hardly the end in this crazy place. Resurrections aren't that expensive, and they don't even need the body half of the time.

And if you don't, these minions of yours wouldn't even have hurt me if they didn't come in such numbers. They're putty in my hands."

Of course, this entire speech was being used to buy time while she attempts to dominate as many of the Pizza Clones as she possibly can.

With those last words, she gives the mental command to shoot at Prometheus himself and the casters. While she most likely won't get them all, even a few more seconds could allow Rael to escape in the confusion, and if he got out of here, than so would she by resurrection.

16. - Top - End - #166

[Main Room]

Zefir don't really react, because stone spikes shoot out of the roof and try to pin the hands befor they reach him. If one manages to avoid them Zefir will react.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

17. - Top - End - #167

Main Room

No, they were mindless distractions, but the brain beast is fleeing, now's the last chance to stop him.

18. - Top - End - #168

Prometheus's Lab

Prometheus leans against the railings as she speaks. Just waiting, idle, well aware of what's she's trying. It's what he'd try himself. As she nears the end of her little speech, he calmly turns the power on his gauss rifle off and bolsters the weapon. He won't need it. Although the waste this particularl course of action will cause is a shame.

As she spits out the final word, the Clones she's possessed spin, re-adjusting their target from her to Prometheus, quickly draw a bead upon the synthetic warrior and- fall over, twitching, as Prometheus sends a little message to their brains informing them they're in shock now, and their muscles lock up, to the point where even controlling their blood cannot make them move, although it might result in tearing a few tendons.

"You planned this out, did you? How far ahead? Ten seconds, eleven, thirteen maybe? If you had truly put any thought into this, you would have realized that, as it turns out, I have already thought of all these things. Death is cheap, and a return from it almost equally so. But who says it will be your companions reviving you? We have enough mages here that tearing you from the afterlife against your will would be child's play." Prometheus says, strolling down the walkway to Sarah."Everyone plans things out. It's a matter of how far ahead you think, and whether your enemy thinks farther. And I have won at this, or so it would seem. You cannot take control of my troops in any way I cannot counter-act, you cannot walk, and you cannot kill me. You cannot even make me angry, as the best you have so far achieved is mild irritation. You lose."

With that, he points the sharp end of Strength at the base of Sarah's neck. Even a bloodmage can't survive without oxygen to fuel their brain. Not an attack, just yet, but a threat, in case common sense or his minion's magic fails to achieve the desired result.

The mages, meanwhile, attempt to throw a spell on Sarah, one that will essentially leave her in a state of suspended animation by slowing her down, blood, cells, healing factor, thought process, should all slow to a crawl. Chances are even if it works she'll have time for one last retort though. Law of dramatic monologues.

Dungeon

The first wire snaps as Rael tears into his own flesh, which doesn't seem to have much of an effect. He'd have to destroy more of the net than that to free himself, or to use magic. As he continues to tear at the magical bindings though, the Drones begin firing again, aiming not for his hearts but for his arm and shoulder, All it takes is for a bullet to clip the bone, after all, and one of those slugs will likely shatter it beyond easy repair.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Prometheus' Lab

Sarah will, in fact, cut Prometheus off in the middle of his speech.

I planned that since before I even escaped. You just wiped out your horde, your biggest advantage. Now please, freeze.

And with that, she attempts to freeze the four casters' blood solid. Let's see them do anything like THAT.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dungeon]

None of them clip bone, yet. It probably takes a bit more than normal to break Rael's bones anyway.

He continues clawing at the net, and trying to pull free of the manacles.

21. - Top - End - #171

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Main Room

No, they were mindless distractions, but the brain beast is fleeing, now's the last chance to stop him.
    Main Room

"Oh nonononononononononononononononononono."

Zefir push the big red button on the box and the box beginns to shake secounds later it relases psionic waves that dmg everyone around. The only important thing is that these waves are strong agains psionics but useless against machines.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

22. - Top - End - #172

Prometheus's Lab

There is a sharp sound, like the cacophony of lightning hitting metal, and the air around the mage's erupts into smoke as their shielding spells, which they of course took time to abjure before going into combat with a known bloodmage, and one of them, the one sustaining the spell, falls unconscious and has to be caught by it's companions before it hits the ground.

Prometheus sighs and stabs downward a few times, aiming to skewer first Sarah's heart, then her lungs, then her kidneys for good measure, and should that not be enough to incapacitate the blood mage, or should she prove annoyingly dodgy, he'll simply try to stomp on her face. Very few mages can stand up against a concussion.

Dungeon

The remaining manacles begin to strain under the pressure, as does the net, enough of the threads cut now that a small child might be able to escape. The current decreases slightly as elsewhere, one of the mages is knocked out, but the three Clones continue firing. Can't be that hard to hit a target that's chained to the wall, even for inexpert marksmen, and unless Rael's bones are stronger than metal the gauss rifles should cut through them pretty well.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

Not quite stronger than metal. He didn't think to alter their composition before he was netted.

Rael's left arm is hit, and the bone broken. He continues to try and break free of the manacles, still using his left leg to push against the wall.

24. - Top - End - #174

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Main Room

Zefir push the big red button on the box and the box beginns to shake secounds later it relases psionic waves that dmg everyone around. The only important thing is that these waves are strong agains psionics but useless against machines.
    Main Room

Well the brain is fleeing at top speed as the waves hit it, each wave ripping hunks out of its form that splatter noisily and begin to evaporate as they hit the floor. By the time it makes it to the main door it's nothing more than a brain stem and a few vertebrae, and then the final wave hits. The rest of the creature detonates in a harsh, soundless glare, shooting out motes of light that whirl about like fireflies before winking out each in turn. An astute watcher may notice that one mote slipped out the door during the light show, and anyone with a geiger counter will note that the gas rising from the eviscerated hunks of gore is slowly following after it.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Prometheus' Lab]

The stab to the heart does it. Sarah falls lifeless to the ground, with the last words:

"I hope you rot."

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Main Room

Main Room

The waves hit Cyrus regardless of whether he's successfully talking to Gordon or not, knocking him down. He proceeds to launch an alarming number of scathing expletives and insults at Zefir before launching an actual lightning bolt at the device in an attempt to disable it before it killed everyone in the room.
    Last edited by BladeofObliviom; 2011-09-16 at 05:53 PM.

26. - Top - End - #176

[Front Door]

A ghost is approaching the base. He isn't really worthy of description, looking like your standard gas mask mook. The Operative has decided that Rael and Sarah have taken far too long for a simple capture assignment, and intends to get them out, alive or dead, for interrogation.

27. - Top - End - #177

Prometheus's Lab

Prometheus sighs. What a waste. He attempts to grab Sarah's corpse, preferably not touching any of the acidic blood in the process, and haul her into a nearby storage room. The one where he keeps all the corpses.

Then he makes his way towards the prison.

Dungeon

The schackles protest one last time, before both of them snap, releasing the vampire. The Drones continue firing, aiming at ohis ther arm now, particularly the shoulder where there's plenty of bones to fracture.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dungeon]

The Drones are very likely to miss, given that Rael ducked down and started running at top speed* as soon as he touched the floor.

*Seventy-five miles an hour.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Prometheus's Lab

Sarah spontaneously comes back to life and makes Prometheus' head explode, then instantly dominates the minds of everyone in AMEN! MUAHAHA! Her secret plan is successful!

She's pretty dead... Corpse room sounds about right, if a little odd.

Main Room

A henchman comes to the door and opens it.

30. - Top - End - #180

[Main Room]

Whether the door is opened of not doesn't really matter, as the Operative will just walk through it if it's closed. He stares at the henchman. "You will take me to the leader of this organization."