New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 49 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: LGBTAitP - Part 21: BLACKJACK!

I for one, ironically hate alcohol. It's got too many negative repercussions to be worth it. I still mix it, because it's entertaining to get all these weird byproducts of science, however.
    Steam username is Triscuitable.
    I got VAC banned in COD: Ghosts for using an FOV changer.
    I try not to think of how sad that is.

2. - Top - End - #512
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by pffh View Post
    Ethanol is Ethanol and no matter where it comes from it will put a strain on your liver if you drink to much of it.
    Which is why I don't.

Or at least I try not to.

I BLAME PARTIES.

Still, though, regular checkups have found nothing wrong with anything other than my knees, spine, nervous system, cerebro-spinal fluid levels, parts of my brain I can't pronounce, my left elbow, my left shoulder, my left eye, my left ear, my left leg or the lymph nodes around my left armpit, but those are all due to injuries or illness that went in a bad direction and have mostly been fixed via surgery or regular injections of what I really wish was midichlorians, instead of some unpronounceable thick goop that burns like iodine and razors and deadens my nervous system.

EDIT: Oh, and the left ear and shoulder are due to a lab accident, but it was totally worth it and those have both been mostly repaired.

EDITEDIT: And then there's all the supposed 'disorders' but really those would only affect social interactions, and given how fun life has been since I decided to be an extrovert, I doubt they're actually affecting me enough to be listed as problems.

EDIT cubed: And a small fracture at the back of my skull that didn't heal right from when my mother tried to 'mercy kill' (in her own words) me as an infant, which given the circumstances at the time, I don't blame her for.
    Last edited by TechnoScrabble; 2012-03-03 at 03:45 PM.
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

3. - Top - End - #513
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoScrabble View Post
    Which is why I don't.

Or at least I try not to.

I BLAME PARTIES.
    I feel ya bro. University life is hard. There are all these parties I must go to and booze I need to drink. Hell I'm preparing to go to one right now that has jello shots in big cups not the small shot glasses. I hope I won't be to tired after all that work drinking all that jello.
    "Elephant trunks should be used for elephant things only. Nothing else."

Thank you Geomancer for the Death avatar.

My lets plays:
    Alien vs Predator: marine chapter - Completed
    Singularity - Canceled

4. - Top - End - #514
    Ogre in the Playground

I feel ya bro. University life is hard. There are all these parties I must go to and booze I need to drink. Hell I'm preparing to go to one right now that has jello shots in big cups not the small shot glasses. I hope I won't be to tired after all that work drinking all that jello.
    I'm getting ready to board a plane right now and I AM SO JEALOUS. I haven't been to college yet, but I plan to once I'm out of the military.

(Recaiden) He lives!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

5. - Top - End - #515
    Firbolg in the Playground

Ethanol is Ethanol and no matter where it comes from it will put a strain on your liver if you drink to much of it.
    I was going to take a shot of the 95% ethanol in lab a couple of weeks ago, figuring, "Hey, it's like two and a half shots of vodka in one, and I can take at least five of those with no trouble," but the teacher said no. 'Cause it's a "dry campus".
    Jude P.

6. - Top - End - #516
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: LGBTAitP - Part 21: BLACKJACK!

If we are listing physical problems, I believe something is up with my DNA. I am pretty sure I was just a reptile when 2011 began, but somehow I appear to have begun 2012 while simultaneously possessing avian features and being a multi-coloured feline. :3

Other than the sound of weeping biologists, I'd say this thread has had quite the positive influence on my genetics.

And that's pretty much as relevant information as I have today, so I will just return to my laundry basket with my non-alcoholic drink of mysterious origin that emits skull-themed smoke and hope you guys will be responsible when you wake up from your partying with such dangerous things as alcohol.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

7. - Top - End - #517
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post
    I for one, ironically hate alcohol.
    Ironically hate, eh? I can't shake the idea of a hipster teetotaler now. Darnedest mental image.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

8. - Top - End - #518
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Astrella View Post
    Also, a really touching link: I Want To Know What It's Like.
    Thanks for linking this.

Spoiler
    Show
    Hopefully it might help with those nightmares I've been having... Hard enough to sleep without, that phantasmagoric whatthe**** interrupting.

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    If we are listing physical problems, I believe something is up with my DNA. I am pretty sure I was just a reptile when 2011 began, but somehow I appear to have begun 2012 while simultaneously possessing avian features and being a multi-coloured feline. :3
    I'm really two ducks in a man costume.
    Thanks for existing.

Dragon Hunter avatar by Lerky. Magical Girl by the lovely Astrella~

9. - Top - End - #519
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Ironically hate, eh? I can't shake the idea of a hipster teetotaler now. Darnedest mental image.
    Well I constantly use it in recipes, like Guinness Stew (SOOOOOOO GOOOOOOD ), the once-a-year Egg Nog, and occasionally, rum ice creams.

But I don't like what it does to people, so I refuse to ingest it.

10. - Top - End - #520
    Troll in the Playground

Well I constantly use it in recipes, like Guinness Stew (SOOOOOOO GOOOOOOD ), the once-a-year Egg Nog, and occasionally, rum ice creams
    It's not worth eating Bratwurst unless it was cooked in Beer.
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Akirim.elfKickstarter Avatar by Savannah
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Star Wars canon is one of those things where people have started to realize that the guys in charge are so far off their rockers that it's probably for the best to ignore them.

OH GOD THEY'RE COMING! RUN! RUN, TURKISHPROVERB, RUN!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxios View Post
    GENERIC FLAMING COMMENT, POSSIBLY INVOLVING YOUR MOTHER !

11. - Top - End - #521

Well I constantly use it in recipes, like Guinness Stew (SOOOOOOO GOOOOOOD ), the once-a-year Egg Nog, and occasionally, rum ice creams.

But I don't like what it does to people, so I refuse to ingest it.
    I think you still get the the alchohol through food (if those magnificent rum balls my friend's mom makes are any indication ), but you'd have to eat a lot of food to get enough to make you drunk so that point is kinda moot.

I plan to never drink enough to get me past buzzed (in public, at the very least), but I have to wonder whether I'll be able to judge my new (post-weight-loss) limit that well....

Eh, my friends'll probably hog all but a shot or two anyway.
    Thanks for existing.

12. - Top - End - #522
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arachu View Post
    but you'd have to eat a lot of food to get enough to make you drunk so that point is kinda moot.
    Uh, no. That's not my point. My point isn't out of fear of being drunk, it's that I don't like alcohol, but I'm forced to use it in things I do like.

13. - Top - End - #523
    Ogre in the Playground

I like that the reason was 'it's a dry campus'. XD

*returns everyone's hugs* Thanks. :)

I actually live in Louisville, but I live in the richy-conservative outlying part with my mother, alas, and my job is full of crazy bigoted born-again christians. @_x So I'm a bit closed about it here, heh. I think my D&D group has figured out I'm bi, but I think they just think I'm really butch as far as gender stuff goes.

Man I want hormones and surgery. The 'boys' are DDDs, and you can't *hide* that. Plus my periods are awful. Alas this would take things I don't have, like 'money' and 'health insurance' and 'not living with homophobic crazy mother'. >_<

On the bright side, I am 6'2, so I'm already taller than most natural boys. Combined with short hair, not being especially girly-looking and my predilection for wearing t-shirts and jeans, I get called 'sir' a lot. :P
    Every time you spell Corellon wrong, Gruumsh gets excited and kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens.
    Twitter | Google+ | AIM: iankunx | Skype: Nai.Calus | Y!IM: nai_calus
    RIP Eltain Sharma, Chosen of Corellon, and Frank, his faithful Celestial Pegamule. May you find the peace you sought.

14. - Top - End - #524
    Ogre in the Playground

The description sounds amazingly...I guess attractive is the word.
    As someone who doesn't actually have an active sex drive, but can be attracted to pretty much any other human depending on the situation, I rarely evaluate anyone's looks but for some reason whenever I see someone really tall my blood starts running to the lower half of my body.

Which is why I don't watch basketball with friends around. It gets embarrassing.

(Recaiden) He lives!

15. - Top - End - #525

NecromancerGuy

^: I wasn't going to broach it, but, come to think of it, that does certainly sound familiar from when I was reading up on idealized figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Nai_Calus View Post
    Man I want hormones and surgery. The 'boys' are DDDs, and you can't *hide* that. Plus my periods are awful. Alas this would take things I don't have, like 'money' and 'health insurance' and 'not living with homophobic crazy mother'. >_<

On the bright side, I am 6'2, so I'm already taller than most natural boys. Combined with short hair, not being especially girly-looking and my predilection for wearing t-shirts and jeans, I get called 'sir' a lot. :P
    Certainly seems like you've found a way.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2012-03-03 at 07:02 PM.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

16. - Top - End - #526

Uh, no. That's not my point. My point isn't out of fear of being drunk, it's that I don't like alcohol, but I'm forced to use it in things I do like.
    Actually, that's what I thought you meant - I reason that it probably won't be too harmful if you don't ingest enough to get drunk (pretty sure that's inaccurate, but it's as good a judge of moderation as I can figure without breaking out a calculator). Sorry for the lack of clarity (I should probably work on that at some point). ^_^'

I don't quite hate it myself, but I actually see it largely... Pointless. The taste is enjoyable enough, but the few parties I've been to have all but ruined the buzz. :shrug:

I actually live in Louisville, but I live in the richy-conservative outlying part with my mother, alas, and my job is full of crazy bigoted born-again christians. @_x So I'm a bit closed about it here, heh. I think my D&D group has figured out I'm bi, but I think they just think I'm really butch as far as gender stuff goes.

*Hugs* My Germanic Fenno-Cajun facial hair weeps for you (or it's just hoping I don't make good on my threats to figure out how to electrocute it DXD).

My parents are funding the unofficial first step of my transition, and they don't even know it - my weight loss medicine is on their insurance, and somehow my chest is losing at a slower rate than the rest of me.

Judging by the occasional stares, I'm pretty sure that people can't quite figure out whether I'm a long-haired boy or a really intimidating girl. I'm comfortable with that.

My voice, on the other hand, still needs a lot of work. :/
    Thanks for existing.

17. - Top - End - #527
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Well, on the 'not assault' thing, apparently, if they would have fought back they would have been charged with assault. It's an overall property rights thing. That is what my uncle who is a lawyer said. So aggravating. My brother is now living with his (we are assuming) disowned boyfriend. So, all is well, as long as the two don't end up breaking up.

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

18. - Top - End - #528
    Ogre in the Playground

It'd be more attractive if I weren't fat. Which is probably where the 'sir's manage to come in. People don't pay attention and just see the tall and the short hair and if I'm slouching and wearing a crappy bra that sags, sometimes I can pull off just looking like I've got moobs.

Unfortunately nothing can help my damned waist-hip ratio. 13-14 freaking inches difference. >_< Can't even wear men's pants, anything actually big enough for my hips looks ludicrous on me.
    Every time you spell Corellon wrong, Gruumsh gets excited and kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens.
    Twitter | Google+ | AIM: iankunx | Skype: Nai.Calus | Y!IM: nai_calus
    RIP Eltain Sharma, Chosen of Corellon, and Frank, his faithful Celestial Pegamule. May you find the peace you sought.

19. - Top - End - #529

ClericGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    Well, on the 'not assault' thing, apparently, if they would have fought back they would have been charged with assault. It's an overall property rights thing. That is what my uncle who is a lawyer said. So aggravating. My brother is now living with his (we are assuming) disowned boyfriend. So, all is well, as long as the two don't end up breaking up.
    I've... never seen any place that allows you to beat someone up just because you own the property. Ask people to leave and if they don't it becomes trespassing and there are places that can be gone from there, but just beating someone up? Seems odd.

20. - Top - End - #530
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    I was going to take a shot of the 95% ethanol in lab a couple of weeks ago, figuring, "Hey, it's like two and a half shots of vodka in one, and I can take at least five of those with no trouble," but the teacher said no. 'Cause it's a "dry campus".
    I've taken a sip off 98% alcohol. It dries up your throat and burns like a mother *REDUCTED*. I do not recomend it.

Well I'm drunk and in a bad mood. For the last month or so my sexual prefence has been leaning quite a lot on the "Oh god I want a man" side of things but I've been really busy at school and I'm the only non-straight person in my group of friends so convincing some of them to go to a gay bar with me is well a hassle to say the least and finally apparently since I'm the only single person among my friends it's okay for them to all bugger off with their respective partners to do their things while leaving me sitting at a bar all alone.
    Last edited by pffh; 2012-03-03 at 08:50 PM.
    "Elephant trunks should be used for elephant things only. Nothing else."

Thank you Geomancer for the Death avatar.

My lets plays:
    Alien vs Predator: marine chapter - Completed
    Singularity - Canceled

21. - Top - End - #531

NecromancerGuy

It'd be more attractive if I weren't fat. Which is probably where the 'sir's manage to come in. People don't pay attention and just see the tall and the short hair and if I'm slouching and wearing a crappy bra that sags, sometimes I can pull off just looking like I've got moobs.

Unfortunately nothing can help my damned waist-hip ratio. 13-14 freaking inches difference. >_< Can't even wear men's pants, anything actually big enough for my hips looks ludicrous on me.
    Well, from what I hear(so, granted, hearsay), if you get a friend who knows some tailoring or find someone in the community who does good work, or learn yourself, it's generally, from what I understand, not that expensive to make those kinds of alterations to a couple of pairs of jeans, in either direction. Though you'd have to be willing to wear jeans that are obviously customized, which, I suppose, is considered to be a more feminine trait, though I couldn't say for sure on that one.

Certainly seems like I've encountered more women with custom jeans than men.
    Homebrew

22. - Top - End - #532
    Barbarian in the Playground

[/lurks]
    There is a play about California's Prop 8 currently being broadcasted live on Youtube, if anyone's interested in seeing that.
    [lurks]

23. - Top - End - #533

I've taken a sip off 98% alcohol. It dries up your throat and burns like a mother *REDUCTED*. I do not recomend it.

Well I'm drunk and in a bad mood. For the last month or so my sexual prefence has been leaning quite a lot on the "Oh god I want a man" side of things but I've been really busy at school and I'm the only non-straight person in my group of friends so convincing some of them to go to a gay bar with me is well a hassle to say the least and finally apparently since I'm the only single person among my friends it's okay for them to all bugger off with their respective partners to do their things while leaving me sitting at a bar all alone.
    *Hugs* Story of my life, give or take.

On another tangent, something seems to be... More off than usual...
    Spoiler
    Show
    My dysphoria seems to have spread... Well, south. It wasn't so bad in that particular area before, but lately I keep feeling... Weird. Really, really weird. It feels like... Gah, the only way I can describe it goes something like 'everything attached to my pelvis feels dizzy'.

... That doesn't adequately portray how backwards-but-also-not-backwards-but-also-both-in-either-direction... things are getting. Gah, I'm gonna go sleep for a while.
    Thanks for existing.

24. - Top - End - #534
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ceric View Post
    [/lurks]
    There is a play about California's Prop 8 currently being broadcasted live on Youtube, if anyone's interested in seeing that.
    [lurks]
    Would be nice if I could go back and watch from before the epilogue speechifyin'.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

25. - Top - End - #535

Sosososososososo... I just had my first kiss... And I learned that I am a damn fine dancer when it comes to shaking my butt and grinding.
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

26. - Top - End - #536
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Shiro View Post
    Sosososososososo... I just had my first kiss... And I learned that I am a damn fine dancer when it comes to shaking my butt and grinding.
    Where's a like button when you need one?
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

27. - Top - End - #537
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    Where's a like button when you need one?

... Whoops. I have that shirt.
    Last edited by Triscuitable; 2012-03-04 at 12:47 AM.

28. - Top - End - #538
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ceric View Post
    [/lurks]
    [lurks]
    Thanks for the link; caught about an hour of it; John C. Reilly was great.
    ... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.

29. - Top - End - #539
    Titan in the Playground

Sooooo...I just got back from my first trip to a gay bar. The first friend I came out to had wanted to go since freshman year, but I said I'd rather wait until we could convince some other people to go with us. Well, some friends came up to visit this weekend and were wiling to join us on our adventure, so we went.

I can't really get drunk or even buzzed, so while I matched the others drink for drink for the first seven drinks, they got drunk and I just got to watch. The one straight guy with us got hit on a lot (thanks to the rest of us sending guys his way), the bi guys flirted with the bartenders, and I was dragged onto the dance floor by a fairly cute guy. Now, as far as I'm concerned, I've dumped Charisma and was rolling 1s on my Perform (Dance) checks all night (I hate hate hate being the center of attention among strangers, much less dancing, even if I'm only one of a bunch of people on the dance floor), but according to several people there I'm a great dancer and should do it more often. Either way, I graciously declined their offer of some post-bar excitement and drove my inebriated friends home.

It was certainly an interesting experience, though I don't know how soon I want to repeat it, if at all. The crowd was older and had a higher female:male ratio than I'd prefer, but there are a few other gay bars in the area we could try out next time (if there is a next time). All in all, a fun night.
    Better to DM in Baator than play in Celestia
    You can just call me Dice; that's how I roll.

Spoiler: Sig of Holding
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by abadguy View Post
    Darn you PoDL for making me care about a bunch of NPC Commoners!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chambers View Post
    I'm pretty sure turning Waterdeep into a sheet of glass wasn't the best win condition for that fight. We lived though!
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxiDuRaritry View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PairO'DiceLost View Post
    <Snip>
    Where are my Like, Love, and Want to Have Your Manchildren (Totally Homo) buttons for this post?
    Won a cookie for this, won everything for this

30. - Top - End - #540

NecromancerGuy

My first outing started out as a group of 6 people living in an apartment building together, myself and a friend, and then various people we picked up as we were venturing out on foot across the college campus to get to the gay bar. I think we ended up numbering between 9 and 11 people, about 5 of which were part of the original party.

Spoiler
    Show
    There was a drag show and so everyone pretty much watched that and socialized a bit between gigs and the voting and so on. There was one really phenomenal drag king who did a couple of sketches, who was either actually that spot on in singing the song or was the best lip syncher I'd ever seen. Was the first night of at least 3 of them too, one drag king and two drag queens.

The only other thing I can recall from that evening was that I had worn my kilt on a completely random whim or for some reason earlier, and so I had not had time to change or something, and for once I didn't get any random BS from people just for showing my hairy, hairy legs in broad daylight.
    Spoiler
    Show

I miss my college friends. It's no fun to go to a bar without at least 4 people for me. Preferably 6. I suppose I need to master the art of scooping up free people and bringing them back to the group for socializing, but, sadly, I don't even have a dan in the art of social judo.
    Homebrew