New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 21363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1482
  1. - Top - End - #1351
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation: Boundless Wonder, Endless Strife. [IC]

Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    The Lizangel grabbed tight hold of the Hippotaur's wrist and the game produced an audible snap. The Hippotaur let out a wail as the armor on its arm shattered.

Damage Protection: 0
    Health: -10
    Arm still functional
    The game announced.

The Hippotaur swept its sword at the Lizangel's legs.

Spoiler
    Show
    I sacrificed the DR to keep the arm, naughty me
    Spoiler
    Show
    I don't think that's how armor works well whatever

The Lizangel flipped over the blade and kicked at the creature's head, roaring with rage the whole way as the flames from the blade continued to boil it's blood.

Effect Aquired: Heat stroke
    Agility -4
    Speed -4
    Dexterity -4

Ombra frowned. Disable mechanics announcements. Confirm command.

Command confirmed.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

2. - Top - End - #1352
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I don't think that's how armor works well whatever

The Lizangel flipped over the blade and kicked at the creature's head, roaring with rage the whole way as the flames from the blade continued to boil it's blood.

Effect Aquired: Heat stroke
    Agility -4
    Speed -4
    Dexterity -4

Ombra frowned. Disable mechanics announcements. Confirm command.

Command confirmed.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well it is supposed to be a game. This one might be a bit more Diety oriented than the others, but games aren't meant to be accurate representations of reality.

The attack must have stunned the Hippotaur, because it kept shaking its head instead of swinging its sword around. The fires of the blade still raged, but the Lizangel must have struck a weak point.

3. - Top - End - #1353
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Well it is supposed to be a game. This one might be a bit more Diety oriented than the others, but games aren't meant to be accurate representations of reality.

The attack must have stunned the Hippotaur, because it kept shaking its head instead of swinging its sword around. The fires of the blade still raged, but the Lizangel must have struck a weak point.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I was kiddin'

The Lizangel with an incredibly stupid name took advantage of the opening while it could and moved to try and break it's wrist again.

This could get ugly for yours, very quickly. Ombra muttered, leaning forward.

Extended Sig

4. - Top - End - #1354
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    I was kiddin'

The Lizangel with an incredibly stupid name took advantage of the opening while it could and moved to try and break it's wrist again.

This could get ugly for yours, very quickly. Ombra muttered, leaning forward.
    The Lizangel grabbed hold of the Hippotaur's wrist again, but the Hippotaur managed to recover enough and recognize the manouver to jerk its arm up.

Spoiler
    Show
    Since I don't want to godmod again, what I want to happen is that he flings the Lizangel over his head, then turns around and charges at it. +22 STR has to count for something right?

5. - Top - End - #1355
    Titan in the Playground

The Lizangel grabbed hold of the Hippotaur's wrist again, but the Hippotaur managed to recover enough and recognize the manouver to jerk its arm up.

Spoiler
    Show
    Since I don't want to godmod again, what I want to happen is that he flings the Lizangel over his head, then turns around and charges at it. +22 STR has to count for something right?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fair enough.

The Lizangel tried to adjust his grip to snap it's wrist properly but the Hippotaur was quicker. It was flung over the Hippotaur's head, behind it. The Lizangel flipped over and landed on it's feet, quickly flapping it's wings to get into the air. However, again the Hippotaur was faster than it was, and it slammed into the Lizangel. The winged lizard-man was knocked hard into the river.

Well, that's not good. Ombra muttered, leaning closer again, a bright white smile on his face. The Hippotaur is amphibious. If the Lizangel doesn't get out of the water he's going to be at a major disadvantage...

Extended Sig

6. - Top - End - #1356
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Fair enough.

The Lizangel tried to adjust his grip to snap it's wrist properly but the Hippotaur was quicker. It was flung over the Hippotaur's head, behind it. The Lizangel flipped over and landed on it's feet, quickly flapping it's wings to get into the air. However, again the Hippotaur was faster than it was, and it slammed into the Lizangel. The winged lizard-man was knocked hard into the river.

Well, that's not good. Ombra muttered, leaning closer again, a bright white smile on his face. The Hippotaur is amphibious. If the Lizangel doesn't get out of the water he's going to be at a major disadvantage...
    "True, but the fire infusion will be useless now. And I'd be willing to bet that the water has helped the Lizangel recover from its heatstroke." Nettal responded. He almost forgot which one he was supposed to be rooting for.

The Hippotaur charged into the river with its dragonbone sword raised overhead. It plowed into the Lizangel, trying to trample and drown it in the water.

7. - Top - End - #1357
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yeshon View Post
    The Divine Party

Gwyn grimaced at her uncle's message, Was I being that obvious? I suppose you've guessed the reason I didn't want to play a game called 'Bluff.' She smiled thinly at the last. Those who are paying particular attention to Gwyn would notice a golden chain around her neck though whatever is at the end of it is hidden beneath her armor.
    It was not that obvious. I merely noticed your expression change at the mention of Karma. Fortunately, our conversation has turned to other matters.

Divine Party

Kiloasa nodded in response to Lilli's question. The goblins of the Lokab Empire were originally my creation. An accident caused by a lack of understanding, while I was still very young. I hid them in the desert, to protect them from the wrath of the other gods. Over time, they developed a unique philosophy, wherein all gods are considered to be evil by them and bent on causing the destruction, domination or suffering of mortals.

Recently, it has come to my attention that some of these goblins have signed pacts with Daemons, in exchange for following a certain set of rules the goblins gained immense magical power. Enough to prevent any god from entering their lands or any departed souls from leaving. While I do not hold fault with them for their beliefs, the actions they have undertaken have made it impossible for me to correct their line of thinking. It is a conundrum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Exachix View Post
    The Divine Party

Lilli contemplates, before nodding to Kipt. "Let's not call you out on any possible lies now." She smiles faintly.

As the discussion of karma continues, Lilli merely listens, though does replay secretly to Kiloasa. Karma does indeed hinder some of my works. She smiles, and aloud contemplates. "In any case, is there a problem concerning these goblins?"
    The problem is most severe young one. Though I respect Kiloasa's opinion that the free will of Mortals should be protected, their actions against the souls of the dead cannot go unpunished.
    Belsheroth looked Kiloasa in the eye.
    Shall we strike them down together Nephew? There is no other option that I can foresee that does not involve war.

Spoiler
    Show
    Belsheroth is offering to work with Kiloasa to lay some heavy curses on them. If he doesn't accept, Belsheroth's will do it himself, and he doesn't show mercy to those who have slighted him.
    Which is good, because few people slight him.

Starting AP: 0 + 2 PAP

Quote Originally Posted by mystic1110 View Post
    Isanloff Looked at his daughter, his mirror reflecting the suns light in a most terrible fashion. And yet he spoke with warmth. His robes grasped the the censor and untied it's chain and then softly tied it onto his daughters neck, and he spoke.

If he lost hope, then it is up to you to keep it. Hope. The future is not set in stone, but even if it is, would you stop doing good? No. We do good, not because it will change the future, we do good, because it is good. Is that not correct? What say you Brother Belsheroth. Why do you do good? For a brighter future? Or in spite of that? We are the light because the light is needed. Daughter, You are the lantern in the darkness. Wear your brother's chain so as to know right from wrong.
    Geasa

She didn't want it. She really didn't want it, the relic that was around her neck was the greatest burden she had ever heard of, it was this thing that drove her brother to lose hope.

"I reluctantly accept... with the understanding that the Directors will stand against me if I become corrupted by it."

She reflected on her uncle Belsheroth's words. The simple fact that she didn't want it, made her the ideal protector, it had led her brother down a hopeless path. It had corrupted that poor goblin's mind. It had wrought so much evil in this world, the best thing she could do was prevent it from causing anymore harm.

She looked to her uncle saw the truth behind his words, many would desire it and she'd often be alone in her vigil. She wasn't looking forward to this, but she'd manage.

She stood, "What should we do now?"

There was a moment, she could swear she was forgetting something, then she remembered, "Apologies father, I nearly forgot. Kiolasa wishes to meet with you on neutral ground... so I assume the Void."
    Why do I do good? You ask yet another difficult question.
    I suppose the answer is that I know no other way to act. But know, that given the choice, I would choose to do right.
    As for what we should do now... Now we wait. Though the Archliches who rule the Lokab Empire have committed unspeaklable acts, I will wait a little while before I strike them down as I seek to gain Kiloasa's aid to share the burden.
    However, should he choose not to act against them, I will strike them down myself and erase them from the world below.

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Merolle remains silent for a few moments after Belsheroth's request.

Elsewhere in the first ring, the pannels and plates of Geasa rearrange into a suitable plot of land for a god's palace.

At the same time, a brass gnomes approaches Belsheroth, offering him one of the control screens that are so ubiquitous to citizens of Geasa.

"I am transfering the coordinates of the territory to your control screen, brother."
    Belsheroth thanked the Gnome and took the control screen and studied the offered land.
    This land is excellent Brother. I will begin construction shortly.
    Hopefully my presence will not be too disruptive to the work of the Gnomes.

The Calasanctium Kingdom

Sophia tried to lean up but her head began to swim, "Err, two days?" She lay back down, "Last thing I knew, you were fighting that ghoul and then-"

Her eyes widened and she whirled on the priest and grabbed his shirt,

"Is Jennifer alright?!!"

She sat up for half a second before the spinning room forced her to lay back down.

Spoiler
    Show
    No one had named them ghouls yet, but Sophia may have inherited Bjor's infusion to allow him to see the truth behind mysteries. She just can't control it yet.

Me? Keeping secrets? I would never.
    Don't worry about Sir Jennifer, she's alright. She even came in to visit earlier.
    So a Ghoul is what that creature was? I've never heard of one...

He thought for a moment.
    Perhaps there's something in the library.
    Anyway, I've sent for some breakfast so you keep your strength up. In a few days, you'll be as good as new.

Spoiler
    Show
    You're keeping secrets as well as the Knights?
    Goodness. I'm stuck in a web of lies and deceit.

The Council

The knight's eyes widened, "Awake? When? How?"

She was of course a student of history, she remembered well what happened just before the gods went to sleep. The Calasancti war, she did not wish for a repeat experience with their diminished power.
    Very recently Sir Knight. They are restored to their full strength from that which required them to sleep.
    Nameth decided to speak.
    Then it is settled, we must spread the news to everyone.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

8. - Top - End - #1358
    Titan in the Playground

"True, but the fire infusion will be useless now. And I'd be willing to bet that the water has helped the Lizangel recover from its heatstroke." Nettal responded. He almost forgot which one he was supposed to be rooting for.

The Hippotaur charged into the river with its dragonbone sword raised overhead. It plowed into the Lizangel, trying to trample and drown it in the water.
    Eh, perhaps. But now it's body temperature is falling rapidly. He could just be sick with cold instead of heat now.

The Lizangel quickly kicked it's way off of the banks and further into the river, away from the pounding hooves of the Hippotaur. It disrobed to give itself better manuverability and to keep from getting waterlogged. It quickly swam for the surface. If it could just get into the air...

As it broke it spread it's wings and tried to flap to get into the sky, but it's wings were wet, heavy and largely useless now. Instead it took a deep breath and waited for the next attack from the now-slowed Hippotaur.
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2012-06-30 at 12:09 AM.

Extended Sig

9. - Top - End - #1359
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Eh, perhaps. But now it's body temperature is falling rapidly. He could just be sick with cold instead of heat now.

The Lizangel quickly kicked it's way off of the banks and further into the river, away from the pounding hooves of the Hippotaur. It disrobed to give itself better manuverability and to keep from getting waterlogged. It quickly swam for the surface. If it could just get into the air...

As it broke it spread it's wings and tried to flap to get into the sky, but it's wings were wet, heavy and largely useless now. Instead it took a deep breath and waited for the next attack from the now-slowed Hippotaur.
    Instead of pressing its advantage, the Hippotaur plunged its blade into the river. Steam erupted forth, blanketing the area around the hippotaur in a hot white cloud.

"Why would it do that?" Nettal asked. "It had the advantage. There should have been no reason not to finish the Lizangel. You must always press the attack, or you lose momentum."

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    [COLOR="Indigo"]
    The problem is most severe young one. Though I respect Kiloasa's opinion that the free will of Mortals should be protected, their actions against the souls of the dead cannot go unpunished.
    Belsheroth looked Kiloasa in the eye.
    Shall we strike them down together Nephew? There is no other option that I can foresee that does not involve war.

Spoiler
    Show
    Belsheroth is offering to work with Kiloasa to lay some heavy curses on them. If he doesn't accept, Belsheroth's will do it himself, and he doesn't show mercy to those who have slighted him.
    Which is good, because few people slight him.

Starting AP: 0 + 2 PAP
    I agree that the Archliches have overstepped their bounds. They have ascended from doing evil unto fellow mortals and taken on the task of waging war against the gods. Something must be done about them. I would prefer that mortal affairs be handled by mortals, but this is no longer a mortal affair. They control death, which is the realm of the gods.

However, I do not think its the Goblins that are truly to blame. It is the Avaricia that are the true cause of this. Without these Daemon contracts, the Archliches could not have acted. In fact, they would all be dead, instead of undead. If we are to truly bring an end to this assault, we must bring an end to the Avaricia. Which means yet another war with Isanloff for me.
    Kiloasa tried so hard to get out, to return to a peaceful state of existence, but the just kept dragging him back in.

10. - Top - End - #1360
    Ettin in the Playground

I agree that the Archliches have overstepped their bounds. They have ascended from doing evil unto fellow mortals and taken on the task of waging war against the gods. Something must be done about them. I would prefer that mortal affairs be handled by mortals, but this is no longer a mortal affair. They control death, which is the realm of the gods.

However, I do not think its the Goblins that are truly to blame. It is the Avaricia that are the true cause of this. Without these Daemon contracts, the Archliches could not have acted. In fact, they would all be dead, instead of undead. If we are to truly bring an end to this assault, we must bring an end to the Avaricia. Which means yet another war with Isanloff for me.
    Kiloasa tried so hard to get out, to return to a peaceful state of existence, but the just kept dragging him back in.
    Then do not become involved. None will think any less of you. And I shall act alone. A war of Gods is too dire to risk, and I rather doubt Isanloff will act against me.
    If there is no objection, I shall bring my full might to bear against the Archliches.
    The Avaricia can be dealt with at another time.

Without even standing, Belsheroth set events into motion.

The Lokab Empire

Above the cities of the Goblins, a storm began to brew. Crashes of thunder could be heard and the sky was split by black lightning. A voice that could only be divine was heard throughout the land by every man, woman and child.
    The rulers of this land have erred, and now is their day of reckoning.
    The same black lightning crackled over the forms of the Archliches and a great fissure opened opened up in the clouds with blinding light shining forth.
    A great charge was sounded on thousands of silver trumpets, and the Army of Heaven flew forth through the rift on their shining wings, swooping down to gather the souls of the damned.
    The attack, if it could truly be called that, last mere minutes. The clouds dissipated and the sky returned to normal.

Spoiler
    Show
    Starting AP: 2 PAP
    Curse: The Goblin Archliches are struck with the same plague that destroyed the Lich Lords. 1 AP
    Curse: The Power of the Archliches to block the actions of the Belsherai and the Inevitable Host is broken. Now those two groups can get to their work unhindered. 1 AP
    Remaining AP: 0

Back at the party

Apologies for the drama Nephew. But I didn't want anyone to try crossing Death again.
    I give the Archliches a week.

Belsheroth calmly returned to focusing on the game of Bluff as though nothing had happened.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)

Dragons!

11. - Top - End - #1361
    Titan in the Playground

Instead of pressing its advantage, the Hippotaur plunged its blade into the river. Steam erupted forth, blanketing the area around the hippotaur in a hot white cloud.

"Why would it do that?" Nettal asked. "It had the advantage. There should have been no reason not to finish the Lizangel. You must always press the attack, or you lose momentum."
    Two reasons. One, if it had gone deeper, then the Lizangel wouldn't have gotten all the way into the water, and the hippotaur would've smashed into it on the bank, gone into mud and sank. Armor's a problem like that. Two, because reptiles are cold-blooded and steam is often hot enough to melt the flesh off of one's bones.

The Lizangel pulled itself up on the opposite bank, crawling with apparent exhaustion. It spread it's wings, trying to dry them quickly. The steam wasn't helping. It hissed with frustration and stumbled towards a colder area of the river bank, folding it's wings in to keep it from falling off-balance.

Maybe I'll make both of them. This fight is... interesting.

Extended Sig

12. - Top - End - #1362
    Troll in the Playground

Vargull, Geasa

One of the last gods to awaken, perhaps the last of them all, was Vargull. He had slept overlong, but unlike the others he had not passed in his sleep, but found his dreams worth holding to. A nightmare for some, the endless war between all of creation was the sweetest dream for Vargull, and kept him occupied, until he finally realized its falseness.

The dream was sweet, but such an eternal war would be all the sweeter for its reality.

Vargull, Divine Party

Vargull arrived at the party, shortly after awakening. Healed now, his form was no longer a hazy outline of smoke, but had returned more to its previous form, but his eyes blazed with inner fire, his mane was now a crackling flame of hair, and his veins glowed like magma beneath his flesh "War has returned at last."
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

13. - Top - End - #1363
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Divine Party

The sudden and swift actions of Belsheroth surprised Kiloasa. Although he held great respect for the Starlight Reaper, this was exactly the kind of direct and deliberate action that brought so much disaster to the world below. Lord Belsheroth might have preached the use of a gentle touch, but this was something altogether different.

You may have destroyed what little hope I had left of redeeming the Lokab Empire. Uncle, I understand your desire to protect death and to end the tyranny of the Archliches, but how am I supposed to redeem the Lokab goblins now? It's like dealing with a bratty child. They clamor for our attention, and you have given it to them. Now, I fear they will only grow worse.

Vargull's arrival cheered Kiloasa's spirits somewhat. It would have pained him greatly to learn that his newfound brother had perished in his sleep. A god like Vargull deserved to die doing what he was meant to do.

Your return is fortunate brother. Come and join us, there is food, fire, games and entertainments of all kinds to be found. Have you given any thought to the offer I extended you before we slept?

Spoiler
    Show
    Kiloasa is waiting for a response from Vargull about joining the Manyfold Guardians

D. Construct

Large chunks of mud flew out of the steam. They didn't seem to target anything in particular, but a few flew towards the exhausted Lizangel anyway. Shortly afterwards, the Hippotaur emerged from the steam on the opposite side of the river from the Lizangel. It was now standing on firm ground and most of the mud that caked its body had been removed. So had its armor. It bellowed a roar that sounded like a deep trumpet and stamped its heavy feet into the dirt.

"I am surprised at how defensive the Hippotaur's fighting style seems to be. Always it seeks to bait the Lizangel into attacking. Most intruiging." Nettal commented. Whether the comment was directed towards the game, or something Nettal considered trying himself was unclear.

Lokab Empire

The cursed assault on the Archliches threw the Empire into dissarray. They might have been evil, they might have been cruel, they might have had a form to be filled out (in triplicate) for every action that a goblin sought to perform, but the Archliches had kept the Lokab Empire running strong for almost 1500 years. Their people never starved, they never had to fear outside invasion, even the Steel Predators that plagued the wilderness were rounded up and dealt with, all by the Archliches and their geassed servants. And best of all, no one had to fear the loss of a loved one due to the cruel reaper's scythe.

If Isanloff had bothered to pay close attention to the order and structure of the Lokab Empire, he probably would have been proud. There was almost no crime, no starvation, no one was out of work, and the Empire had been able to solidify its position and thrive while the rest of the world was thrown into chaos by the loss of their gods.

But all of that ended in the blink of a godly eye when Belsheroth unleashed his mighty curse. The lowliest Archliches fell instantly, those ones who's contracts were responsible for maintaining the geassed guardsmen that protected the citizenry (and incidentally, were made up of former hardened criminals). Their loss freed those guards and restored them to free will and vicious, savage anger. Riots broke out throughout the Empire, women and children were slaughtered in the burning streets as The Army of Heaven descended on the Capital.

The next to fall were the Archliches that protected the borders and wildlands. Without their magical barriers, the vicious wild animals and caged sandstorms of the desert were unleashed all at once. The desert was consumed by a single sandstorm the likes of which had never been seen before. It scoured the outlying towns and villages, grinding them into yet more sand and dirt to continue its fierce destruction.

After the Archliches of the wild fell, the governors of the norther lands perished. They had been responsible for overseeing the production, processing and preservation of the food supplies that had kept the Lokab Empire strong throughout the Ice Age and their time of isolation during the Adamantine Age. Without them to guard the food stores and preserve the harvests, all the food that had been magically preserved would rot away in a matter of days as entropy caught up. Soon the entire empire would starve.

The sudden breaking of the barrier agains death released nearly a hundred million goblin souls at once. They flooded the entrances to both Hell and the Forest of Starlight as goblins both good and bad sought their eternal reward.

All of this chaos, and only because the gods were insulted.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm not going to clean up the Empire right now. If mattsdelf wants to take it over and have his Cretaumfolk or Trisengiis do something about them, that's fine. It is why Kiloasa made Trisengiis in the first place

EDIT BELOW:

Divine Party

Kiloasa felt the rise of another nature god, not one of his children but someone altogether different. Not wanting to be rude, he contacted this new deity telepathically.

There is a place called the Mistlands, if you look around you there will be a portal to take you there. Join us if you will, meet your family at the party in the Mistlands. The message itself also included some knowledge Kiloasa had picked up, including the names of the gods present, how to split up a god's essence into multiple bodies and how to teleport one's physical form. Almost like a godly welcome packet.

14. - Top - End - #1364
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    @Elricaltovilla, did you catch that Willy offered to lead Kuruk and the others into an alley to meet Big Momma?

The Divine Party

Gwyn was confused, what was her uncle doing? He dissappeared before she could question him, she thought to question him when he returned. Then the curse was laid upon the Archliches. The goblins had set up an extremely delicate system, efficient, but delicate. The Archliches had never once considered that they could die and so without hesitation they had built a system of government entirely dependent on themselves.

The lowest Archliches died. Thousands of innocents died when the guards rebeled and there was no one to defend them. No one to protect the innocent. The worst was when nature resumed its course. Gwyn clutched her heart, "Apologies all, I must leave."

She disappeared from the party.

The Lokab Empire

"Did yah have to make such a mess?" "F*ck you! I hadn't had any fer three years." Sekat snapped as he stepped away from the mangled remains of a goblin woman.

Jorik rolled his eyes, Sekat's definition of 'getting some' involved a lot more screaming and blood than he preferred. His sins, involved a more methodical pleasure.

"Whatever, what do we do with the kid?" "Eugh, you go ahead I'm not into that." "You know exactly what I meant."

Jorik walked forward towering over the sobbing child, "Might have someone he can go to?"

"Who can he go to now? Just let him starve." "You go ahead..." Jorik smiled cruelly, imagining his claws tasting flesh again, "I'll catch up."

Before he could do anything he heard a thump and turned in time to see a luminous being throw a spear at him.

Gwyn

The visions the censer showed her from the Lokab empire were... unsettling to say the least. The first thousand families she went to, she was too late, raped, murdered, and worse. Men, women, children, she had only seen such cruelty once before and that was after Alyveran slaughtered the goblins and whipped them into a frenzy.

She was in tears there were too many for her to protect and the censer made her see them. She saw every single innocent and all the possible ways they could've been tortured before they died.

Then she caught a break, she had been too late for the mother, but the child, thank the Creator the child was still alive! One goblin saw her, his claws still slick with blood. Before he could cry out she crushed his skull with one hand and threw her spear at the other, pinning him to the wall. The Spear returned to Gwyn's hand and the goblin slumped to the floor. The child curled into a ball.

Gwyn walked over to the child and put her hand on his head he twitched but did not move, lash out, or anything, "I cannot undo the past... but I can give you a future." She rubbed his head, "For now, sleep and dream of happier times."

The child disappeared only to reappear in the Hidden Isle, inside a temple to Kiolasa.

From that time until order was restored to the land, any who threatened a child, whether goblin, predator, hunger, or anything else. Would be opposed by a goddess.

Spoiler
    Show
    Rollover: 0+5
    Bless: The children of the Lokab empire are now under Gwyn's protection, she won't be able to save them all, but she'll save as many as deifically possible.

Ending AP: 4

By 'hunger' I'm not referring to Isanloff, just saying the children will find food when they're hungry.

The Third Crusade

Captain Eric stood upon a raised platform next to his new Lieutenant Jennifer, she had been promoted in an unprecedented move due to her bravery facing down the attack. If you believed the words of the Captain Marren and Sophia weren't even there. It was strange that Eric weilded the Drown Sword instead of the Lieutenant, but it was not without precendence.

"In the course of our history two crusades have been called! Once when St. Hellsbane's daughter conquered south to save us from the Ice Age. Again when we retook the capital and excised the Ice-kin from the surrounding lands, reclaiming the temple Lord Belsheroth made to protect us! Two and only two, to defend the innocent and the sacred! Defending our gods given rights! But now... now, the Free Cities have struck againt us! Like cowards in the night, the used the most vile magics to turn good solid knights into slobbering monsters!"

Two knights brought forth two bodies, one was the ghoul Sophia killed, another was a human dressed in black robes.

"Before you lies the bodies of our enemies. This monster!" He held up the ghoul that Sophia had killed, "Was transformed by the vile mechinations of this wizard!" He pointed to the dead man, "Who hoping to find the reaper's solace confessed to his crimes even as his life blood spilled upon the floor!"

"He claims that he was hired by the Alliance of the Free Cities to subvert our order and leave our people undefended before the power of the vile Vargulfi! Or the Ice-kin! Even the goblins when they return! But they have made a grave error.

"They have killed a knight. Now I, along with ten full legions of Calasancti soldiers will show them just how grave an error that is. This is not a crusade of vengeance! No matter how sorely our hearts want it! This is a crusade to end the tyranny that would create such monsters as this!"

He held up the ghoul again and the knights shifted at the sight of the abomination, he had them now.

"So I ask you, brave knights, who will stand with me!?"

Five thousand knights raised their swords and the imposter could not hide his smile.

Spoiler
    Show
    war vs. the Free Cities:(1d10+6)[7] +3 for infused order, +2 for artifact, +1 for Calasanctium Kingdom

Elemental you want to roll? I'd prefer Calasancti just conquered, but your call.

The Infirmary

Sophia managed a weak smile before her hand fell limp at her side. She drifted back to sleep and into the land of dreams.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll get to the next part of Sophia's story later tonight or tommorrow.

The Council

"Should we really? Shouldn't we wait until we have some sort of confirmation. Erm, no offense herald."
    Last edited by Yeshon; 2012-06-30 at 08:35 PM.
    Gwyn, The First Knight
    Karthull, The Lord of Slaughter, The Master of Death

15. - Top - End - #1365
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Nope, totally missed it sorry!

The Great Voyage

Willy nodded, "follow me."

He walked into an alley motioning them to follow.

"Well this doesn't feel like a trap at all."
    "Be quiet." Kuruk snapped. "All right, lead on. We'll follow you to Big Momma."

Kuruk turned to the other knights. "Make sure no one else touches that chest." he said.

16. - Top - End - #1366

Spoiler
    Show
    Nope, totally missed it sorry!

"Be quiet." Kuruk snapped. "All right, lead on. We'll follow you to Big Momma."

Kuruk turned to the other knights. "Make sure no one else touches that chest." he said.
    Sandra frowned but said nothing. Saul nodded and clutched the chest tightly. The knights followed as Willy led them into a twisting labryinth of cutthroats and vagabonds. The knights and goblin were unaware of this at the time, but they had wandered into one of the most dangerous places in the West End.

Still as long as Willy was with them the criminals gave them a wide berth. Though all the knights, especially Sandra were on their guard. For what seemed like hours Willy led them through the maze, until he stopped in front of an unassuming fortune teller's shop.

"Wait here,"

He whispered and went in.

"I really don't like this place."

Saul frowned but reluctantly agreed, it seemed everything wrong with this city was focused in this spot, this one little shop. The air itself was difficult to breath.

After a few minutes Willy came out again, "Big Momma will see you now."
    Gwyn, The First Knight
    Karthull, The Lord of Slaughter, The Master of Death

17. - Top - End - #1367
    Titan in the Playground

D. Construct

Large chunks of mud flew out of the steam. They didn't seem to target anything in particular, but a few flew towards the exhausted Lizangel anyway. Shortly afterwards, the Hippotaur emerged from the steam on the opposite side of the river from the Lizangel. It was now standing on firm ground and most of the mud that caked its body had been removed. So had its armor. It bellowed a roar that sounded like a deep trumpet and stamped its heavy feet into the dirt.

"I am surprised at how defensive the Hippotaur's fighting style seems to be. Always it seeks to bait the Lizangel into attacking. Most intruiging." Nettal commented. Whether the comment was directed towards the game, or something Nettal considered trying himself was unclear.
    It has more powerful armor and a stronger frame. Attacking the Lizangel directly only gives it an oppurtunity to redirect it's force. Ombra frowned invisibly beneath his hood. What I find interesting is that the Lizangel has an intelligence boost but has so far stuck to pure brute force.

The Lizangel stared at the Hippotaur and waited for it to charge, slipping into a martial arts stance.

Extended Sig

18. - Top - End - #1368

Razorpine Forest

Geodrick gave Lansa a stern look. "Do as the druid says!" he barked at her. Lansa reluctantly did as she was asked. Naked, Lansa looked very uncomfortable. She was a pretty girl, late in her teens, with tangled short hair, and a skinny figure. While out looking for a badger, Lansa constantly tried to cover herself, lest she run into anyone. I just need to adjust to this she told herself.
    Atan felt slightly odd at first, but soon got the feel of it. He traveled slowly, but was very vigilant, and soon found a badger. It was a very large badger, and as soon as it noticed him and snarled, threatening to charge, fear overcame him, and he fled.
    Geodrick moved swiftly through the forest, determined to find a badger. Before too long, he faced a similar situation as Atan had, but he did not flee. The badger charged him, ripping the air in front of him with its claws and teeth, but Geodrick stood his ground.
    Atan and Lansa both returned empty-handed, and Geodrick returned covered in blood, but with a friendly badger. He had lost the lobe of his left ear to it, and had a huge scar across his chest, but had prevailed in taming it in the end.

Divine Party

With all of the commotion, Kipt had to steal a glance at the goblins. All of it saddened him; how they had come to hate the gods, and how they had fallen to them in the end. "Well brother, it looks like you have your work cut out for you." Kipt said to Tresingiis, his voice somber in light of the recent genocide. "I offer you all the help in this I can give, but my Eltheins are half a world away. So I will leave you with some advice: don't make the same mistake with the goblins- embrace them with love- show them that we are not all against them... I believe in you, brother. You can bring them all to peace again."

Kipt
    Spoiler
    Show
    Starting AP:9
    -3, gain domain

Kipt realized then that much of what he does in based on a love for those related to you. Kipt has always felt a strong connection to Aqaeris, a loyalty to Kiloasa, a concern for Tresingiis, and even a love for Aor when he hadn't even met her. Reflecting on this, Kipt comes to believe that a love for one's family would serve his worshipers well also, so he adds Family (Kinship) to his domains.
    Last edited by AvocadoAvenger; 2012-06-30 at 11:38 PM.

19. - Top - End - #1369
    Ettin in the Playground

Divine Party

The sudden and swift actions of Belsheroth surprised Kiloasa. Although he held great respect for the Starlight Reaper, this was exactly the kind of direct and deliberate action that brought so much disaster to the world below. Lord Belsheroth might have preached the use of a gentle touch, but this was something altogether different.

You may have destroyed what little hope I had left of redeeming the Lokab Empire. Uncle, I understand your desire to protect death and to end the tyranny of the Archliches, but how am I supposed to redeem the Lokab goblins now? It's like dealing with a bratty child. They clamor for our attention, and you have given it to them. Now, I fear they will only grow worse.
    Belsheroth removed his blindfold, squinting slightly at the light, and for the first time made direct eye contact with another being. An intense flame seemed to be smouldering behind the pale grey of the Reaper's eyes.
    The Empire was beyond redemption. When you gain the courage to act, then you can lecture me about how I should go about my work.
    The mantle of guidance over the Goblins is yours. Wear it proudly, or stand exposed as craven in the eyes of Gods and Mortals. Go forth and act to preserve them, or renounce those rights you are too weak to employ.

He stood and bowed to the other Gods in attendance.
    Apologies my Brethren. But I cannot remain in the presence of a child who shirks their responsibilities as a parent.
    When you are ready to accept what you have wrought Kiloasa, I will be waiting.

He replaced his blindfold and left the Mistlands for the Forests. The Belsherai would need his aid.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry for so trying so severely at pulling Kiloasa into line.

The Third Crusade

*speech*

Spoiler
    Show
    war vs. the Free Cities:[roll0] +3 for infused order, +2 for artifact, +1 for Calasanctium Kingdom

Elemental you want to roll? I'd prefer Calasancti just conquered, but your call.
    Spoiler
    Show
    No need to roll. The Free Cities aren't likely to stand up against such an invasion.
    Just note that they will not be easily conquered, but they will fall.

The Council

"Should we really? Shouldn't we wait until we have some sort of confirmation. Erm, no offense herald."
    None taken, Sir Knight.
    Three days from now, Lord Belsheroth will place a sign in the heavens. You'll know it when you hear it.

Hazael bowed and departed the Council Chamber.
    Well... We don't have any other business the discuss, so I think we should end this session.
    Apologies for disturbing you Patriarch Amathol.

Nameth stood and bowed to the metal cleric before leaving the chamber.

Three Days Hence...

As the Sun reached its zenith on that day, it was eclipsed by the Dark Moon, though the next eclipse was not until the solstice. As night turned to day, a beam of rainbow light struck the Guardian Temple, causing its halls and chambers to echo with a song of ethereal beauty. The Bells began to ring softly.

Spoiler
    Show
    Starting AP: 0 + 5 (rollover)
    Bless: Well, I said I would give a sign... 1 AP
    Gain Domain: Music (Song) 3 AP
    Spoiler
    Show
    Create Life: Sing Ravenkind into sentience
    Bless (Song of Courage)
    Bless (Requiem of Hope)
    Bless (Sealing Morgazar to be opened only by Belsheroth's voice)
    Bless (Song of Eternity)
    Bless (Music of awakening)
    Bless (The aforementioned sign)

Remaining AP: 1

Dragons!

20. - Top - End - #1370
    Bugbear in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

The High Roads
    Yohalles's eyes glimmer for a few moments before he blows into the air again, a light white smoke blowing towards the Lloyas I have been given this gift, you too may use it my helpers. But I must go for a short while, to see the others that shape this world. he reaches out and lightly touches the forehead of the first Lloya that the smoke reached. You.....you shall lead the Lloyas while I tend to other matters.... you the First-Touched....you shall have a piece of my divinity The Lloya stands up on it's hind legs and bows it's head slightly.

Yohalles then takes off his hooded cloak and lays it on First-Touched's head and shoulders. This is so the all the animals will know you and trust you.

He then turns around and steps into the portal to the Divine Party.

Divine Party
    A small human-looking child with with a light coat of brown fur, wolf-like legs, and two brown feathery wings sprouting from his back clad in nothing but a loin-cloth steps out of a portal and looks around, taking in the sight.

Other Places(?)
    First-Touched standing on his hind 'legs' appears with seven more of his brethren. They look around, curious about the entire world. After all, they only gained sapience what seems like days ago to them!
    Spoiler
    Show

Starting AP: 11

Rollover: +4 AP

Create Fabled Concept: -4 AP The Lloyas gain personal teleportation magic to help guide animals/travelers

Create Hero: -4 AP A great leader named First-Touched is chosen by Yohalles to lead the Lloyas.

Divine Infusion: -2 AP First-Touched is given a single infusion of Yohalles's divinity.

Create Artifact: -4 AP Yohalles takes a simple hooded leather cloak and gives it the power of animal empathy to bestow on it's wearer. He then gives the cloak to First-Touched.

Ending AP: 1
    Last edited by The Bandicoot; 2012-06-30 at 11:49 PM.
    Spoiler: Those That Came Before
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

21. - Top - End - #1371
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Big Momma's Place

Kuruk motioned for Sandra and Saul to follow him inside. They entered the building and found it completely dark inside.

"Hello?" Kuruk called out, his voice cracked.

D. Construct

"It seems that the Lizangel has learned from its mistakes though. Perhaps that is what intelligence means?" Nettal asked the air.

The hippotaur also seemed reluctant to make the first moved. It stood on the bank trumpeting and bellowing its challenge, swinging the flaming dragonbone sword over its head. It seemed as if the beast could not wait long however, for it charged into the river, dragging the flaming blade through the water to create yet more steam. The charging hippotaur emerged from its cloudbank to the left of the Lizangel, its sword slashing downward in a killing blow.

Divine Party

Kiloasa rose from his place by the fire. YOU WILL GO NOWHERE! He roared at Belsheroth. How dare you accuse me of cowardice for my hesitance to act? Who are you that you posess the authority to dictate my actions? How dare you. You presume knowledge where you have none Belsheroth. I asked you for advice because I respected your opinions. I took time to consider my options and what actions would be best for myself and for the peoples I have created.

But you have forced my hand, oh starlight reaper. You desire me to act resposibly for my children? Then I will do so. Your powers caused the death and destruction of my children and I DEMAND recompense. I demand a blood price for the lives of all the goblins you have killed as a result of your curses.

YOU Belsheroth will send the belsherai to the mortal world where they will restructure the Lokab Empire in service and repentance for the lives they have taken. YOU will announce to the world the error you have made and beg the forgiveness of the mortals for causing their suffering. If you do not do this, then I will take one of your Belsherai for each goblin your curse has slain. I will bring your crimes before every god and mortal in creation and let them judge you. I will strip you of everything you hold dear, destroy everything you have made and have your name so utterly befouled that not even the most uncouth dockworker of the world would dare speak it in public. You bring war to the heavens and the earth Belsheroth.

Every portal in the Mistlands closed at once, sealing the gods inside. The wind around them howled in matched fury and the sky overhead darkened with thunderheads.

Razorpine Forest

Stamyn reached down and pulled a plant out of the ground, four brown tubers were connected to the base of the plant. "These are groundfruits. Specially grown to provide a healthy and filling meal to anyone who can stomach the taste." he plucked one of the groundfruits off the plant and tossed it to Geodrick. "Eat up, you need your strength. You other two, go back into the forest and don't return until you've brought me a badger." Stamyn tossed another groundfruit to the badger Geodrick had brought and pulled one of the fruits off for himself to eat. He mad a face when he bit into it, but the badger munched away happily.

22. - Top - End - #1372
    Ettin in the Playground

The Council

Amathol raises his hand to request Nameth stop his apology.

"High Ecclesiarch, that is unnecessary, for I was already on the verge of awakening myself, to speak with this council of... Dire matters, matters postponed for centuries, until this very moment, matters that began before any of you were even born."

Amathol brings out his control pannel, projecting the image of an extensive document, geasan and common versions shown side by side.

"As you all well know, three thousand years ago, before the gods went to sleep, the Ice-Kin, the goblins of Lokab, the Kalpans, and even the Woden, struck against our then vast empire. Beset from all sides, we lost, and only survive to this day because of lord Belsheroth and the Guild's aid."

"After the great ice age, again we called upon the guild, and your ancestors made contracts with geasa that led to the age of adamantine, until again, the rest of the world banded against our alliance, and forced our allies to retreat much of their forces back to celestial heighs."

"Now our patron lords, the Sacrossanct Directors, awaken once again. In my meditations, I correspond with our ancient and immortal allies in the guild, and I am bound to ask. Will we once again call upon this old allegiance and old contracts, and try once again to recover our glory of old? The geasans yearn for our response, and already do old friends Nicabod, Marshall of the Storm Legion, and Abbadil, Grand Factor of nearby Chudesa, push onto me the newest creations the Guild wants to demonstrate firsthand to our detractors."

Spoiler
    Show
    Grand Factor = President of the local branch of the company. Or to be precise, lord of the nearest group (city, in the material plane).

Chudesa = The gnome city within the Calasanctium Kingdom. Also known as the City of Miracles.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

23. - Top - End - #1373
    Ettin in the Playground

Divine Party

Kiloasa rose from his place by the fire. YOU WILL GO NOWHERE! He roared at Belsheroth. How dare you accuse me of cowardice for my hesitance to act? Who are you that you posess the authority to dictate my actions? How dare you. You presume knowledge where you have none Belsheroth. I asked you for advice because I respected your opinions. I took time to consider my options and what actions would be best for myself and for the peoples I have created.

But you have forced my hand, oh starlight reaper. You desire me to act resposibly for my children? Then I will do so. Your powers caused the death and destruction of my children and I DEMAND recompense. I demand a blood price for the lives of all the goblins you have killed as a result of your curses.

YOU Belsheroth will send the belsherai to the mortal world where they will restructure the Lokab Empire in service and repentance for the lives they have taken. YOU will announce to the world the error you have made and beg the forgiveness of the mortals for causing their suffering. If you do not do this, then I will take one of your Belsherai for each goblin your curse has slain. I will bring your crimes before every god and mortal in creation and let them judge you. I will strip you of everything you hold dear, destroy everything you have made and have your name so utterly befouled that not even the most uncouth dockworker of the world would dare speak it in public. You bring war to the heavens and the earth Belsheroth.

Every portal in the Mistlands closed at once, sealing the gods inside. The wind around them howled in matched fury and the sky overhead darkened with thunderheads.
    Belsheroth stood calmly, waiting for Kiloasa to finish making his childish demands. He laughed.
    Truly you lack wisdom Child. So concerned with the sanctity of life. But I will tell you this:
    Life is meaningless suffering. The Souls of the living forced to endure hardships unending. Not a moment goes by when I do not regret gifting Ravenkind with thought and with breath.
    Eternity is what truly matters, and because of your inaction while you thought of the right thing to do, millions suffered eternally as they were denied access to the paradise provided for them.
    The suffering of those who live currently is nothing compared to the untold agony of the Trapped Souls that would have persisted for all time had I waited for you to act.
    Your hesitance renders you deficient, Child. And it damns those you are bound by duty to protect. And you didn't protect them, did you?
    You gave them the harshest lands and abandoned them. Now they hate us.
    THEY HATE ME! I who had never even raised a hand against them until today! And I had to! You would have let your Goblin children rot!
    Mighty Kiloasa... An incompetent fool is more like it!
    Now! GET DOWN THERE! Right what you have done wrong instead of whining that I ruined it.

Belsheroth turned his back on Kiloasa, ashamed to know him as Nephew.

Spoiler
    Show
    Again... Apologies.
    Belsheroth won't accept your demands and see's no real point talking to Kiloasa at this time. He sees the guidance of the Goblins to be Kiloasa's responsibility, a responsibility he has quite frankly neglected.
    However, on the reverse side, he feels that the actions of the Archliches were reprehensible and deserving of immediate action. Which is why he destroyed so quickly and suddenly. It's also part of his philosophy of death being the proper state of a soul.

Back on Geasa

Belsheroth, very much annoyed with his Nephew, began to construct his Palace on Geasa.
    Despite his anger, he managed to avoid constructing a giant statue of Kiloasa burning at the stake while the Goblins roasted Marshmallows. At least he'd actually be helping them for once...
    Constructed of Black Marble and Obsidian, the Halls of Death was a relatively simple complex of structures. At it's heart was a large building, octagonal in shape, a bejewelled tower at each corner, surmounted by a dome of black opal. This was the Hall of Public Audience.
    Actually, a description of it would take too long. All one needs to know is that Belsheroth built it of the finest black marble and that it is decorated with silver and priceless gemstones.

Spoiler
    Show
    Starting AP: 1
    Alter Land: A section of Geasa's First Ring is altered by the construction of the Halls of Death, Belsheroth's private residence and viewing platform.

The Council

Amathol raises his hand to request Nameth stop his apology.

"High Ecclesiarch, that is unnecessary, for I was already on the verge of awakening myself, to speak with this council of... Dire matters, matters postponed for centuries, until this very moment, matters that began before any of you were even born."

Amathol brings out his control pannel, projecting the image of an extensive document, geasan and common versions shown side by side.

"As you all well know, three thousand years ago, before the gods went to sleep, the Ice-Kin, the goblins of Lokab, the Kalpans, and even the Woden, struck against our then vast empire. Beset from all sides, we lost, and only survive to this day because of lord Belsheroth and the Guild's aid."

"After the great ice age, again we called upon the guild, and your ancestors made contracts with geasa that led to the age of adamantine, until again, the rest of the world banded against our alliance, and forced our allies to retreat much of their forces back to celestial heighs."

"Now our patron lords, the Sacrossanct Directors, awaken once again. In my meditations, I correspond with our ancient and immortal allies in the guild, and I am bound to ask. Will we once again call upon this old allegiance and old contracts, and try once again to recover our glory of old? The geasans yearn for our response, and already do old friends Nicabod, Marshall of the Storm Legion, and Abbadil, Grand Factor of nearby Chudesa, push onto me the newest creations the Guild wants to demonstrate firsthand to our detractors."

Spoiler
    Show
    Grand Factor = President of the local branch of the company. Or to be precise, lord of the nearest group (city, in the material plane).

Chudesa = The gnome city within the Calasanctium Kingdom. Also known as the City of Miracles.
    Nameth sits back down.
    Oh? What do they offer this time? A solution the problems faced by the cities to the South? Because a replacement for coal is sorely needed.
    He remembered the reports of Patriarch Enrich of Snow Haven that sat on his desk at that moment.
    Cases of lung diseases have increased almost beyond the capabilities of the clerics in the South to heal.

Spoiler
    Show
    The title patriarch/matriarch is reserved for a Cleric of the Church of Belsheroth who is given administrative authority over a region or other important thing.
    Amathol's position as Patriarch is unique because it was given as a sign of respect for his wisdom, his age and his knowledge.
    Last edited by Elemental; 2012-07-01 at 01:21 AM.

Dragons!

24. - Top - End - #1374
    Ettin in the Playground

Amathol frowns, except he does't, because his face is a solid mask.

"Geasa has employed, for over three thousand years, the same three energy sources. Praise to Merolle, his molten blood, and the limitless power o his storm. For a time, before the war, we praised Merolle and our machines ran on that. But nowadays, there is just no way to set that infrastructure once again, a true shame."

"There is magma flowing under the world, we could request the technology for magmatic power sources, harness the energy of the heat beneath the land. Abbadil will certainly be happy to come up with a contract to have them build the plants. But Nicabod is really looking for an answer to wether you want an expansion of the military contracts or not. He has been waiting for a chance to march against the northern hordes again for quite a few centuries as well."

"They also said that they finally have an answer to the vinterike wyrms."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

25. - Top - End - #1375
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Belsheroth stood calmly, waiting for Kiloasa to finish making his childish demands. He laughed.
    Truly you lack wisdom Child. So concerned with the sanctity of life. But I will tell you this:
    Life is meaningless suffering. The Souls of the living forced to endure hardships unending. Not a moment goes by when I do not regret gifting Ravenkind with thought and with breath.
    Eternity is what truly matters, and because of your inaction while you thought of the right thing to do, millions suffered eternally as they were denied access to the paradise provided for them.
    The suffering of those who live currently is nothing compared to the untold agony of the Trapped Souls that would have persisted for all time had I waited for you to act.
    Your hesitance renders you deficient, Child. And it damns those you are bound by duty to protect. And you didn't protect them, did you?
    You gave them the harshest lands and abandoned them. Now they hate us.
    THEY HATE ME! I who had never even raised a hand against them until today! And I had to! You would have let your Goblin children rot!
    Mighty Kiloasa... An incompetent fool is more like it!
    Now! GET DOWN THERE! Right what you have done wrong instead of whining that I ruined it.

Belsheroth turned his back on Kiloasa, ashamed to know him as Nephew.

Spoiler
    Show
    Again... Apologies.
    Belsheroth won't accept your demands and see's no real point talking to Kiloasa at this time. He sees the guidance of the Goblins to be Kiloasa's responsibility, a responsibility he has quite frankly neglected.
    However, on the reverse side, he feels that the actions of the Archliches were reprehensible and deserving of immediate action. Which is why he destroyed so quickly and suddenly. It's also part of his philosophy of death being the proper state of a soul.

Back on Geasa

Belsheroth, very much annoyed with his Nephew, began to construct his Palace on Geasa.
    Despite his anger, he managed to avoid constructing a giant statue of Kiloasa burning at the stake while the Goblins roasted Marshmallows. At least he'd actually be helping them for once...
    Constructed of Black Marble and Obsidian, the Halls of Death was a relatively simple complex of structures. At it's heart was a large building, octagonal in shape, a bejewelled tower at each corner, surmounted by a dome of black opal. This was the Hall of Public Audience.
    Actually, a description of it would take too long. All one needs to know is that Belsheroth built it of the finest black marble and that it is decorated with silver and priceless gemstones.

Spoiler
    Show
    Starting AP: 1
    Alter Land: A section of Geasa's First Ring is altered by the construction of the Halls of Death, Belsheroth's private residence and viewing platform.

The Divine Party

Kiloasa turned to his guests. I apologize for the outburst, please return to your entertainments... I will return shortly. The god vanished from the Mistlands and the portals resumed their normal functions.

Geasa, Belsheroth's palace

The doors of Belsheroth's new abode blew open as the Arch-Druid stormed in. We are not finished Belsheroth! You have much to answer for. Kiloasa rampaged through the hallways, throwing door after door open with his power, batting aside anyone he found within that wasn't a god. BELSHEROTH!! SHOW YOURSELF! You will repair the damage you have done or I will continue to destroy everything in my path until I get my hands around your throat and rend your essence in two with my bare hands!

The Green Maker fumed. Belsheroth understood nothing about Kiloasa or the philosophies he espoused. The goblins were his greatest success. For the longest time they were the only self sufficient race on Creation. They had tamed the desert, tamed the animals, forged an empire. And they had done it without having Kiloasa hold their hand the entire time. How could Belsheroth not see that the Lokab Goblins were worth saving? How could he ignore Kiloasa's divine rights like that? He had not even waited for a response from the Treefather. There was always an alternative to mass destruction, but Belsheroth would not hear it. Not Belsheroth, not Isanloff, not Merolle. None of the Directors sought alternatives, none of them looked at other options or considered the opinions and ideas of other gods. They merely walked through creation like it was a playground, kicking over everyone else's sandcastles to make room for their own.

Spoiler
    Show
    Starting AP: 1+6 (rollover) PAP: 1
    Final AP: 7 PAP:1

26. - Top - End - #1376
    Ettin in the Playground

Amathol frowns, except he does't, because his face is a solid mask.

"Geasa has employed, for over three thousand years, the same three energy sources. Praise to Merolle, his molten blood, and the limitless power o his storm. For a time, before the war, we praised Merolle and our machines ran on that. But nowadays, there is just no way to set that infrastructure once again, a true shame."

"There is magma flowing under the world, we could request the technology for magmatic power sources, harness the energy of the heat beneath the land. Abbadil will certainly be happy to come up with a contract to have them build the plants. But Nicabod is really looking for an answer to wether you want an expansion of the military contracts or not. He has been waiting for a chance to march against the northern hordes again for quite a few centuries as well."

"They also said that they finally have an answer to the vinterike wyrms."
    Heat from beneath our feet? Fascinating. We shall have to consider all aspects of the deal before signing, of course.
    But unfortunately, I do not believe we can march against the North. The Kingdom isn't stable enough at this time, what with war in the South and the economy balanced perilously on a precipice.
    I am sure Marshall Nicabod will understand.

Geasa, Belsheroth's palace

The doors of Belsheroth's new abode blew open as the Arch-Druid stormed in. We are not finished Belsheroth! You have much to answer for. Kiloasa rampaged through the hallways, throwing door after door open with his power, batting aside anyone he found within that wasn't a god. BELSHEROTH!! SHOW YOURSELF! You will repair the damage you have done or I will continue to destroy everything in my path until I get my hands around your throat and rend your essence in two with my bare hands!

The Green Maker fumed. Belsheroth understood nothing about Kiloasa or the philosophies he espoused. The goblins were his greatest success. For the longest time they were the only self sufficient race on Creation. They had tamed the desert, tamed the animals, forged an empire. And they had done it without having Kiloasa hold their hand the entire time. How could Belsheroth not see that the Lokab Goblins were worth saving? How could he ignore Kiloasa's divine rights like that? He had not even waited for a response from the Treefather. There was always an alternative to mass destruction, but Belsheroth would not hear it. Not Belsheroth, not Isanloff, not Merolle. None of the Directors sought alternatives, none of them looked at other options or considered the opinions and ideas of other gods. They merely walked through creation like it was a playground, kicking over everyone else's sandcastles to make room for their own.

Spoiler
    Show
    Starting AP: 1+6 (rollover) PAP: 1
    Final AP: 7 PAP:1
    Fortunately, none were present at that time apart from Belsheroth who sat quietly in his meditation chamber. He spoke up, his voice echoing through the Halls.
    Go straight ahead and ascend the grand staircase. Then go through the large silver door and turn left. Go through the door at the end of that gallery.
    If you are not in a calm state of mind when you get here, I won't waste my time attempting to discuss this matter with you. Take a deep breath and count to fifty thousand.
    We will meditate together concerning the Lokab Goblins and perhaps you will see an obvious solution that you has thus far eluded you.

Belsheroth continued looking out the window at the world below, his back to the door.

The Forests of Starlight

The shard Belsheroth sent to that location worked ceaselessly to ferry the millions of goblins that the Belsherai had brought there following his breaking of the seal around the Lokab Empire.
    He found solace in his work. The souls of the Goblins didn't bicker and argue like a spoilt brat who believed his sandcastle wrongfully destroyed when it was merely the tide of ages. Belsheroth sighed.
    He had offered to let his Nephew aid him in striking down the Archliches, but chose not to in order to prevent conflict with Isanloff. And now look where they were.
    In truth, it was Belsheroth's fault in a way. He shouldn't have insulted Kiloasa, but he stood by what he said. The Archdruid really should have used his power to end an abomination against nature and lived up to the name he took for himself.
    Belsheroth looked out across the sea of souls that awaited entrance. His expression remained emotionless, but beneath the surface, he was troubled.
    One of the Belsherai spoke to him:
    Are you alright my Lord?
    Of course Atanael. These are all the once trapped souls?
    According to Baltazar who lead the charge, yes. Plus, all those who have died since.
    Now only if Kiloasa would stop feeling so insulted and actually do something to help the Goblins for once.

Spoiler
    Show
    Belsheroth's gone back to his old work in order to calm himself.
    When Kiloasa speaks to him on Geasa, he probably won't say much.
    Also, when I started this, I was merely intending for Kiloasa to realise that his inaction was causing too much suffering, but unfortunately, I miscalculated.

Belsheroth and the Star

Again the star was silent for a few days, but eventually, its curiosity overcame its standoffishness.
    You are food but not food. That means you are tasty but also move.
    This is not food but food.

It indicated the gate when speaking.
    Inside there is food. Lots of food.
    How is it that you are food but not food?

I am a god.
    What is a god?
    A god is a being of nigh limitless power. What is your name Little One?
    What is a name?
    A name is what you are called to distinguish yourself from all the others of your kind.
    Oh... Umm... My siblings called me Second-smallest-but-fastest-and-best-fighter.
    How about I call you Brightfire?
    That name is nice. What shall I call you?
    Starlight will do just fine.
    Belsheroth and Brightfire spent a great deal of time together in the void, and they soon became good friends. Unfortunately, Belsheroth couldn't return Brightfire to her home among the stars, but by this point she didn't care.

Spoiler
    Show
    I plan on eventually making her some kind of Hero so Belsheroth can sic her on people.
    If not, everyone needs the companionship of a being of lesser intelligence.
    @Draken: Don't be offended if she tries to bite Merolle if he goes to close to her, she's afraid of him.
    Last edited by Elemental; 2012-07-01 at 06:50 AM.

Dragons!

27. - Top - End - #1377

BlueWizardGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry about the lack of posts, The power went out in the storm, and I couldn't check the forum.

Starting AP: 8
    Rollover: +4
    +1 PAP
    Remaining AP: 12 AP +1 PAP

The Divine Party

Tresingiis replies to Kipt, "Yes Kipt, I will embrace the goblins so long as they live in the desert. The desert is my domain, and should be largely my responsibility after all of this. He looks stressed, but returns to the game and sets down one card, calmly as if nobody had moved or yelled at each other and they where all still paying more attention to their card game than the destruction of the Lokab Empire, and mutters: " One Three." He looks puzzled for a moment, and states: " Now that the others have acted in the desert among the liches and goblins, so must I."

The Red Desert: Shreddokk

Tresingiis appears before Reddulch, the chief of the Cretaum, and speaks to him of tactics:

" I am Tesingiis, Lord of the Desert, Prince of the Shifting Sands. I created this part of the desert which I call The Red Desert, and your people, the Cretaum"

Reddulch at first looks to Tresingiis with praise, which turns into confusion when he sees the troubled expression on his face. "Welcome Tresingiis, we are in your debt. To what do we owe your presence?"

" The Lokab Empire is no more. The liches where slain, the too long lived goblins are all dead. Millions and millions of goblins dead in the blink of another god's eye. Their people could starve, get sick, and be reduced to scraps. Millennium have passed, and those that used to be protected by dark magic are now weak, and vulnerable. " Tresingiis looked worried when he said that, but he soon regains his confidence. " I will give you more of my power. You must go east, into goblin lands, and unite the goblins. Feed them, give them water, attend to their sick, and old who still live. Unite them with the Cretuam, and rule with their populations commingled. With no remnants of the undead in your rule. I bless your people that they will always find water in the desert, and that you can resist the heat of the desert, and find safe haven in its warmth. You, Reddulch, will lead the Cretaum east into the goblin territories, and you will share your water with the goblins."

Spoiler
    Show
    Starting AP: 12+1 PAP
    Raise Hero: Reddulch -4 AP
    Bless: Cretaum -1 AP
    The Cretaum will be shielded from desert heat, and can always find water in the desert.
    Remaining AP: 7 +1 PAP

Reddulch grows stronger. He is taller, wider, quicker, and slimmer than the other Cretaum. His arms are more muscular, and thicker than most, though he does not sacrifice speed. His scales shine bright red. No other Cretaum has bright red scales, only dark. His face looks stronger, more chaotic, and brims with confidence and pride. His headdress of feathers adorns his head like a crown, He holds a spear with feathers attached in the binding of the spearhead, and he holds it like a staff, not a weapon. " Yes I will do what you ask. our people will grant protection to the goblins, and give them safe haven. I will lead them to victory for our people."

"Good, now go east, and finish your task. I will watch you from the heavens. "

The Divine Party

Tresingiis returns to the party, not long after, and sits back where they where playing their game. "Kipt, I have empowered my race to help the goblins. They will go east, and clean up what's left." He hopes the cretaum do what he asks, however, he is uncertain. They seem more chaotic than he is. "Do you believe my Three?"

The Red Desert: Shreddokk

That evening, Reddulch called an assembly of the tribes, knowing it may take some time before all of the leaders assemble at a late hour. He plans on how to impress the other chiefs, and how to organize his effort to respond to Tresingiis. He thinks of the liches for a moment, and chuckles. Obviously he thought they where evil and misdirected, but he never expected such a thing to befall them. As chief, and now a hero, he will prepare for their journey tomorrow, and lead a host east into the home of the goblins the next day.

Spoiler
    Show
    Lords of Creation Character color key:
    Cereim: Fire Brick

28. - Top - End - #1378
    Bugbear in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Divine Party

Yohalles calmly sits on the ground and absent-mindidly scratches his ear with his left foot. And to think I thought the gods would be more....civilized. But even here it is all just a wolf-pack with males fighting over dominance.
    Spoiler: Those That Came Before
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

29. - Top - End - #1379

Quote Originally Posted by Hipho View Post
    Divine Party
    A small human-looking child with with a light coat of brown fur, wolf-like legs, and two brown feathery wings sprouting from his back clad in nothing but a loin-cloth steps out of a portal and looks around, taking in the sight.
    The Divine Party

An interesting chain of events. Perhaps I should... no.

Lilli looks to the new god. "I suppose someone should say hello, but there seems to be some.. disruption. Maybe it will resolve itself soon." She looks back to the game. "I think you're lying, but I could always be wrong." She smiles faintly, and flickers. "With Belsheroth gone how will this game proceed? I propose we merely discard his cards and continue."
    Cassietar!
    Lilli
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #1380
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

[COLOR="DarkGreen"]

Fortunately, none were present at that time apart from Belsheroth who sat quietly in his meditation chamber. He spoke up, his voice echoing through the Halls.
    Go straight ahead and ascend the grand staircase. Then go through the large silver door and turn left. Go through the door at the end of that gallery.
    If you are not in a calm state of mind when you get here, I won't waste my time attempting to discuss this matter with you. Take a deep breath and count to fifty thousand.
    We will meditate together concerning the Lokab Goblins and perhaps you will see an obvious solution that you has thus far eluded you.

Belsheroth continued looking out the window at the world below, his back to the door.
    Kiloasa pierced the entryway with a bolt of sylvan magic and the door to Belsheroth's meditation chamber blew open with magical force. Rabid energy crackled along the length of his form. Green flames licked at the walls following his trail of destruction.

You insult me, scold me, assault my children, destroy my works, disrespect me in front of my guests, violate the sanctity of my hospitality and then flee when confronted with your crimes... and you EXPECT ME to be CALM when I speak to you?

You are an utter fool, Belsheroth. A sad, deluded clown who cannot see past his own arrogance well enough to know the difference between caution and cowardice. I have never been so insulted and offended in my life, and you expect me to stand by? I will have my blood price, from you or from your children. You will pay for the crimes you have committed and I will have my justice, mark my words.

You could have performed almost any other action and achieved better results, but instead you destroyed my greatest success. You could have simply removed the seal from the Empire and freed the souls. You could have cursed the Archliches to prevent them from geasing the land itself, to keep them from creating those seals. You could have gone with me to Isanloff and asked him to intercede with his children on behalf of the dead. Anything, ANYTHING would have been better than what you did.

My children starve and fight and riot in their homeland because of what you did. They suffer needlessly and inflict unimaginable cruelties upon each other because you did not think before you acted. What happened to your gentle touch? The philosophy I so greatly admired you for? You have lost my respect Belsheroth, and my friendship.

Until such time as you admit your wrong, to me and to the goblins who suffer because of your actions, consider us at war. Whatever you create from now on, I will destroy. Whatever you love, I will hate. Whatever you desire, I will steal it from you until you know suffering equal to that which you have caused.
    The magical fury of Kiloasa pulsed, cracking the room around the two gods. He seethed and waited for a response from the Starlit Reaper.